NATION

PASSWORD

We're Doing A Thing

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

We're Doing A Thing

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:16 pm

Here's a video that tells you about the thing.

So, yeah, as many as you know, the FRA recently threw in the towel. With it, we lost a public event that I, despite only seeing two, very much loved, and that I think served as a great tool to bring all of NationStates, and largely Gameplay, closer together.

I speak, of course, of FRAvision.

I wasn't ready to see this die, so I reached out to some of the old organizers and got their blessing to reuse some of the same core material in a very, very similar production. Same concept - individuals or regions submit self-written and performed songs, they get judged, a winner is picked, and everyone has a jolly good time. Just a new host and name, for a new era.

The main difference is an administrative one - we intend to host this every year off-season to RaiderCon on the same forum (which many of you folks on all sides of Gameplay have already joined), reducing the need to rebuild infrastructure from the ground up each year and decide anew whether you trust the host or not. We will still be placing the majority of responsibility of organization and execution on the winning region, but this way they just have to be mod'd and change a few surface items, rather than create the whole thing from scratch :)

Once Zetaboards is back up, we'll keep working on moving some stuff around and creating all the necessary sections, and we'll announce the opening of the forums and such in another post a bit closer to the start of submissions (which are timed to coincide with time folks have off work/school, and hopefully therefore to polish up their submissions ;) ). This is more of a heads up - start thinking, start writing, start singing, and get ready for a jolly good time!

I look forward to seeing what the community comes up with, and the fun we'll all have together in the near future!

Please, spread the word to your community - I can't even describe how awesome it'd be to start off with a record number of submissions!

- Ever-Wandering Souls, Field Marshal, The Black Hawks

(tl;dr, FRAvision ain't dead, baby!)
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Anumia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Anumia » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:58 pm

Damnit, you beat me to making EuroVision a thing. I'll be there!

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:45 am

I really like the idea. Though, without wanting to sound cruel/etc. the BGM of the video wasn't exactly my thing. In a way that made my ears hurt.
Maybe I just have too high expectations. Anyways, the idea is great and it's good to see that some people are putting some effort into it.

o/
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:36 am

Pergamon wrote:Though, without wanting to sound cruel/etc.

??

Pergamon wrote:the BGM of the video wasn't exactly my thing. In a way that made my ears hurt.
Maybe I just have too high expectations.

It was a past winner of FRAVision, actually. You should submit something better!

Pergamon wrote: the idea is great and it's good to see that some people are putting some effort into it.

Much obliged. See you there!

Cheers
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:39 am

|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:33 am

Nope! That's, as I understand it, IC roleplay that links existing songs. This is an OOC (hence being in gameplay) event, where players and regions generally submit self written and performed songs. FRAvision existed alongside Worldvision before, and this can now - very different target audiences.

@perg, I think you're expecting too much of NSer performed and submitted songs xD but please, prove me wrong.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:45 am

NSGP should agree to assign to the EuroVision knock-off hosting duties to Europeia, for the sake of the name.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:10 pm

Belschaft wrote:NSGP should agree to assign to the EuroVision knock-off hosting duties to Europeia, for the sake of the name.

If Europeia's entry wins, they'll be the hosts next year!

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Wordy
Envoy

Founded: Apr 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wordy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:37 pm

You could write up and submit an article about it. Either before to get more participation or after with the resulting cacophony. Not sure if it would be accepted but it is worth a shot.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=90423
RiderSyl wrote:
The ends justifies the meanies.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:58 pm

Good point. Maybe Sedge will wander through and give us an opinion on that?

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:07 am

I was writing up a nice way to say no, but then thought "why not?" - it shows off the wacky and dedicated community we've got here. I can't make promises, as this would be rather a bizarre news story and Violet may decide differently to me, but it's worth a shot.

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:21 am

Thanks, Sedge!
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:21 pm

As an update: I intend to have a megapost about this up in the first week of December. I've got an NS thread Op written, a news submission drafted and in editing, and forum work is planned and pending execution. Once everything is 100% ready, it'll drop it as a bundle :)

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay