NATION

PASSWORD

Official Embassy of The South Pacific

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:02 pm

The Ghost of Festavo wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:Well, he's a better Pharaoh than you were...

That depends on how you define "better", my friend.

'of superior quality or excellence'
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Sandaoguo
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sandaoguo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:03 am

Pierconium wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:No, Pierconium. The breakdown of Balder-TSP relations predates my first term as MoFA. In fact, other MoFAs seem to have had more issues than I did.

Balder and TSP just have never been compatible allies.

If that is the TSP point of view then it would seem that there is a systemic issue with your MoFAs since this action has apparently taken so long to be addressed.

Possibly, sure. I think it's less 'systemic issue' than that it's just easy to ignore a treaty that's never meant much of anything, rather than spend political capital dissolving it. Clearly, though, it's more preferable for a Cabinet to withdraw from treaties we don't think mean anything, than to just keep them around in a dormant and neglected state. We pulled the trigger, but the gun was loaded a long time ago, and a bunch of other cute sayings I can come up with...

Alvalero
Envoy

Founded: Jun 05, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alvalero » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:14 am

The action for TSP to cancel the treaty is in response to my decision to reject his application for ambassador status in Balder due to his known verbal attacks against the region. While I've personally had minimal arguments with Glen, allowing someone who is actively hostile towards us to be the main diplomat to our region is not something we are willing to do at this moment in time.
If TSP wants to cancel the treaty that is up to them.
Zander Cerebella
Prince of Aarhus

Duke of New Hyperion(Wintreath)
Autarch of New Hyperion

Former Delegate, Vice Delegate & Statsminister of Balder

Sandaoguo
Diplomat

Postby Sandaoguo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:21 am

Alvalero wrote:The action for TSP to cancel the treaty is in response to my decision to reject his application for ambassador status in Balder due to his known verbal attacks against the region. While I've personally had minimal arguments with Glen, allowing someone who is actively hostile towards us to be the main diplomat to our region is not something we are willing to do at this moment in time.
If TSP wants to cancel the treaty that is up to them.

I didn't even have a registered account on Balder's forum until after the statement was posted. You rejected my masking request to post in TSP's embassy the day after, even.
Last edited by Sandaoguo on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alvalero
Envoy

Postby Alvalero » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:40 am

Hmm, so it was. My mistake.
Nice to know that you decided to notify gameplay before even darkening Balders door.
Zander Cerebella
Prince of Aarhus

Autarch of New Hyperion

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:43 am

Alvalero wrote:Hmm, so it was. My mistake.
Nice to know that you decided to notify gameplay before even darkening Balders door.

Fanfare is more important than retaining any sort of meaningful relations between Balder and The South Pacific, apparently.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Sandaoguo
Diplomat

Postby Sandaoguo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:19 am

Your Queen was notified. Doesn't seem like she passed the news along.

Alvalero
Envoy

Postby Alvalero » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Sandaoguo wrote:

Your Queen was notified. Doesn't seem like she passed the news along.

An attempt to contact the government of Balder(of which the monarchy is not) or a member of it should have at least been attempted and would have been possible by joining the forum. Alas this is not how events turned out so there is no point arguing over what should have been done.
I harbour nothing against TSP for cancelling the treaty. Considering how long its been active without being updated shows that treaties should be updated every so often to ensure that it's relevant to both parties current state and that treaties should not be taken for granted otherwise they become pointless agreements.
Zander Cerebella
Prince of Aarhus

Autarch of New Hyperion

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:28 pm

It should be noted that due to a current court case, the treaty cannot actually be considered cancelled - at least not at TSP's end.
Last edited by Belschaft on Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:34 pm

Alvalero wrote:Nice to know that you decided to notify gameplay before even darkening Balders door.

That happens a lot in GCR's :p
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:40 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Alvalero wrote:Nice to know that you decided to notify gameplay before even darkening Balders door.

That happens a lot in GCR's :p

And more often than not in TSP. I remember when they canceled their treaty with Lone Wolves United. They had a closed doors Cabinet discussion, a more open Government discussion, and were 4/5ths done with the voting phase before notifying us that they were even considering breaking off the alliance, which the then Delegate did via a very short TG to me directly.

Sandaoguo
Diplomat

Postby Sandaoguo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:02 pm

Alvalero wrote:
Sandaoguo wrote:Your Queen was notified. Doesn't seem like she passed the news along.

An attempt to contact the government of Balder(of which the monarchy is not) or a member of it should have at least been attempted and would have been possible by joining the forum. Alas this is not how events turned out so there is no point arguing over what should have been done.

I assumed the Queen of Balder would be active enough to relay a message to her government. Like I said before, though, your laws aren't publicly viewable, so it's quite literally impossible to know how the Queen fits into the structure of Balder's government. I don't make it a habit to register on forums of regions I don't belong to, but registration is required to view anything on your forums.

Alvalero wrote:I harbour nothing against TSP for cancelling the treaty. Considering how long its been active without being updated shows that treaties should be updated every so often to ensure that it's relevant to both parties current state and that treaties should not be taken for granted otherwise they become pointless agreements.

This is very true, and I'm glad we can agree on at least one thing.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:26 pm

Sandaoguo wrote:
Alvalero wrote:An attempt to contact the government of Balder(of which the monarchy is not) or a member of it should have at least been attempted and would have been possible by joining the forum. Alas this is not how events turned out so there is no point arguing over what should have been done.

I assumed the Queen of Balder would be active enough to relay a message to her government. Like I said before, though, your laws aren't publicly viewable, so it's quite literally impossible to know how the Queen fits into the structure of Balder's government. I don't make it a habit to register on forums of regions I don't belong to, but registration is required to view anything on your forums

First of all, Balder is a democracy so all messages such as this one should be sent to the elected government. Your ignorance on how democracies work is rather disturbing. Furthermore, your message was actually discussed by Balder's ministers the day it was sent out. The point was that once again, you failed to do your job properly. It's your job to inform the elected Balder government and post on our forums. This is how all top tier regions run things. This is no surprise given your inability to understand the own laws you apparently have written, your inability to understand and read the treaty laws and your inability to read or try to read Balder's laws.

You have been told repeatedly that if you wanted access to Balder's laws, that you could have them if asked. Obviously you do not care about understanding laws or making informed statements regarding NS. You are perfectly content in your lack of understanding of nearly every subject I have seen you discuss here. Most of us would be slightly self-conscious of this fact and try to get better. But clearly your region does not have the competition necessary or has a culture that does not promote the type of things that a top tier region does. Furthermore, this thing about Balder's laws has been explained to you already. I assume you either did not understand it or read it?

The one moderately impressive thing is your endurance in coming back time and time again, knowing that the result will simply be the same. However for your regions sake, I'd recommend you stop giving it a black mark. Yes, we already know you struggle with the basics of your job, such as registering on your allies forums. Many of us learned to be better Ministers in our first years of NS. In fact, I believe that Europeia has a training program that you can use to come up to speed with some of the basics for their junior Ministers that you surely would benefit from.
Last edited by Solorni on Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:09 am

I think you're capable of passing along a note, regardless of Balder's democratic or non-democratic status :-*

If you feel that's too difficult of a responsibility, then perhaps Balder should exercise its democracy muscle and elect somebody more capable of being Delegate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Glen-Rhodes on Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:26 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:I think you're capable of passing along a note, regardless of Balder's democratic or non-democratic status :-*

Lol another reading comprehension fail, try again:

Furthermore, your message was actually discussed by Balder's ministers the day it was sent out.

Why would I pass it along when it was already being discussed by the cabinet? Doesn't that seem nonsensical even to you?

I'd recommend you practise your reading comprehension (SAT practice sites have some good resources). This is getting more than a little ridiculous and quite predictable. You'd find yourself able to be far more effective by reading and understand both laws and what people are saying to you.
Last edited by Solorni on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

The Ghost of Festavo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ghost of Festavo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:37 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
The Ghost of Festavo wrote:That depends on how you define "better", my friend.

'of superior quality or excellence'

You are entitled to your opinion just like I am entitled to mine.
Legatus in The Roman Empire
Minister of Communications in Europeia
Stationmaster Emeritus of Grand Central
Pharaoh Emeritus of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Retired Sergeant in The Black Hawks and recipient of the Arms of Glory medal
Senator in Europeia x2
Various less significant jobs

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:46 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:And more often than not in TSP. I remember when they canceled their treaty with Lone Wolves United. They had a closed doors Cabinet discussion, a more open Government discussion, and were 4/5ths done with the voting phase before notifying us that they were even considering breaking off the alliance, which the then Delegate did via a very short TG to me directly.

So they didn't post it in GP first? I'm confused about how that's similar to what just happened.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:57 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:So they didn't post it in GP first? I'm confused about how that's similar to what just happened.

Continuing theme of poor communication coming out of TSP in their diplomatic affairs and how they will sit about brooding for ages, have a full conversation amongst themselves, and then tell the related treaty partner about it, usually in the form of a treaty termination. Very little diplomacy actually get conducted these days.

Only differences between the Balder and LWU treaty cancellations was a) the LWU treaty actually got a public vote and b) they didn't take to Gameplay to brag about it afterwards.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Re: Official Embassy of The South Pacific

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Because TSP is the only region ever in this game to post about diplomatic relations in its embassy thread...

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:41 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:Because TSP is the only region ever in this game to post about diplomatic relations in its embassy thread...

The problem, which Glen is well aware of, isn't that TSP was merely "post[ing] about diplomatic relations in its embassy thread" but that they canceled a major Feederite treaty via Gameplay and seemingly without even so much as a single attempt to negotiate with Balder about differences. That's a bit unusual for any Feeder, even one with a history of poor diplomacy.

On another note, I've come to realize that this Treaty Cancellation, done without consulting the Assembly, is partially Glen's vengeance for the events that happened during The Crisis of 2016. This major disagreement between the Government and two of the three forum admins, of which Glen was one, lead to a major spit within the government and a near civil war in the region that was only narrowly avoided. Both sides agreed after the fact that no punishments would be handed out for laws broken during that time period, as it would have only added to the toxic atmosphere that ruled in TSP, and this is something Glen has repeatedly expressed anger about.

Now he brings it up as one of his primary reasons for closing relations with Balder, stating "We were dismayed at Queen Solorni’s positions on the coup of early 2016, calling it a "step in a positive direction". It's fairly clear to me that Glen, denied the satisfaction of banning everyone who supported Hileville during The Crisis, is now lashing out against Balder as a consolation prize.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:39 pm

TNI didn't notify us when they dissolved our treaty. They posted in Gameplay, then on our forums. No TGs came my way, to my recollection.

Osiris just announced cutting (nonexistent) ties with us through the Gameplay forum. Definitely didn't get any TG, PM, IRC, or Discord notification.

You guys are basically lying about how these things are done, because you imagine people other than yourselves care about what you're saying. Virtually nobody in TSP actually disagrees with cutting ties with Balder. You should see the stuff TSPers have said about Osiris in the past few days.

It's nobody's fault but his own if Balder's foreign minister was out of the loop. The Gameplay forum is where 80% of inter-regional politics happens among GCRs.

Rachel, Cormac, you, and other people irrelevant to TSP's future can continue to flail, to lob what they imagine are effective insults against me and against TSP. I've been playing this game for over 8 years now. Everybody has an opinion of me already, so I don't know why you're wasting your time. TSP doesn't need or want your opinions.

This is my third year in TSP. I know we're better off without players who think it's okay to constantly troll, or to obsess about another player's real life education, or generally resort to personal insults because you've ran out of anything else to say. We'll be a-okay on the diplomatic front with the allies who we can actually count on. Our community is vibrant, active, and growing. And we do it without setting endocaps of 15, walling off our forums, throwing out elections, engaging in witch hunts, and demonizing defenders. Our democracy is stronger than ever, because we work through our disagreements and we don't resort to attacking people's personal lives to do it.

The last thing we care about are drama tourists who add nothing to this game.

TSP is no longer an ally of Balder. TSP laughed at Osiris' feeble attempt to insert its relevancy. We're united on these things. There's nothing more to say here.

Last edited by Glen-Rhodes on Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:10 pm

This is hilariously bad and riddled with errors.

The Gameplay forum is where 80% of inter-regional politics happens among GCRs.

Incorrect. No one who is successful at foreign affairs would even think of such a thing. WALL, the Sovereignty Alliance as well as Balder's relationships with its allies are done on services such as Skype, IRC or offsite-forums. When TSP was underneath Hileville's strong leadership, he would often communicate with our officials privately. This was how our first treaty, one with TSP came to be before players such as yourself purposely sabotaged both TSP and its relations with its allies.

Finally, if you truly do believe that 80% of politics between the GCRs happen on the NS forums then you must truly believe your term has been an abject failure. After all, if your standard are these forums then all you have done this term is give TSP a bad name and make it look second tier. Not one of your compatriots has come to your defense and when asked everyone has either not given an answer or told me you should not be the Minister of Foreign Affairs for TSP.

I'm confused why you keep posting when all you do is keep digging a deeper and deeper hole for TSP.

It's nobody's fault but his own if Balder's foreign minister was out of the loop.

I'm not sure what you keep failing to understand here. The point was once again, not that he was out of the loop. The point was that you did not inform him at all. Even worse is that you have consistently done nothing to improve relations between our regions, you were even unable to register on our forums. So don't make up fake arguments here, this point was about your failing and your failings alone. Blaming Balder's forum minister for your own difficulties in maintaining proper decorum are your own.

Everybody has an opinion of me already, so I don't know why you're wasting your time.

That is quite the ego.

Our democracy is stronger than ever, because we work through our disagreements and we don't resort to attacking people's personal lives to do it.

A democracy with leadership who can't do their job, respond to things correctly or anything is not much of a democracy. Your region should behave better than what it has. A democracy without a quality government is not much of a democracy at all.

TSP is no longer an ally of Balder.

Once again, this is also incorrect. It is currently going through your own legal system and you still have not met the treaty requirements. I grow tired of saying this, but you should read your laws and the treaty laws.

As well, you literally can't say that TSP is better without certain people when you are still in it. You have to be the only player I have ever known who people thought was so corrupt and so damaging to the community that there a coup to remove you. That has to be some sort of record. So I'm sorry, when you have that sort of reputation in your region that you literally damage the regions safety then you have no right to say other people don't belong. That says nothing of the damage you have done to TSPs reputation recently and throughout its history constantly.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:20 pm

TSP, I hope your Minister of Foreign Affairs stays at this level of performance.

It's fun to watch.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:23 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:Rachel, Cormac, you, and other people irrelevant to TSP's future can continue to flail, to lob what they imagine are effective insults against me and against TSP. I've been playing this game for over 8 years now. Everybody has an opinion of me already, so I don't know why you're wasting your time. TSP doesn't need or want your opinions.

Unfortunately for you Glen, I am still a citizen of TSP. Sorry if that conflicts with your image of a perfect TSP.

Glen-Rhodes wrote:TNI didn't notify us when they dissolved our treaty. They posted in Gameplay, then on our forums. No TGs came my way, to my recollection.

All of which were horrible political moves that will/have irreparably damaged regional relations and I'm not sure why you thought emulating them was a good idea. Just because a lot of other people have done something dumb, doesn't mean it's no longer dumb.

Glen-Rhodes wrote:Osiris just announced cutting (nonexistent) ties with us through the Gameplay forum. Definitely didn't get any TG, PM, IRC, or Discord notification.

If Osiris-TSP relations didn't exist, then how is it that you, Glen, on 23 FEB 2016, requested and were granted an Embassy in Osiris on behalf of TSP?

What exactly are you playing at, lying so opening?

Glen-Rhodes wrote:TSP is no longer an ally of Balder.

Uhh. no. The Treaty is still actually in place until the legal question regarding the Cabinet's possible illegal actions has been answered.

Not to mention the exact wording of the termination clause states: "This treaty shall be considered void if a signatory region makes a post to that effect in their embassy on the other signatories forums. If this is done, the treaty shall cease to be in effect 5 days after a signatory has declared their intent to leave the treaty."

As far as I am aware, only three days have past and I'm not even sure that this declaration was posted to the Balder forums. I mean, clearly it's been posted here, but that's not the prescribed action demanded by the Treaty.

So, no Glen, the Treaty still legally stands, even if you desperately want to see it destroyed for what appears to be purely personal reasons.

Glen-Rhodes wrote:Our democracy is stronger than ever, because we work through our disagreements [...]

So strong, in fact, the Cabinet decided it doesn't need to consult the Assembly on major Treaty decisions and instead force their will upon us, apparently to avoid working through disagreements.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:26 pm

It seems that reality itself is against you, Glen-Rhodes.

Fighting reality may be your talent in this game, but I suggest you fold.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay