NATION

PASSWORD

The Rejected Times

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kringalia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:01 am

Neither Glen nor Unibot manipulated the elections. While I can see why people make that claim, they won their elections because the people trusted them, simple as that.
Chief Justice of the South Pacific
Delegate of the South Pacific (Apr - Dec 2014)

Interviewed Max Barry | Tuesday Couper | Commended by WASC #422

The Dourian Embassy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dourian Embassy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:13 am

Kringalia wrote:Neither Glen nor Unibot manipulated the elections. While I can see why people make that claim, they won their elections because the people trusted them, simple as that.

I don't know why you keep making that claim as though you know it for certain.
Treize Dreizehn, President of Douria.

cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:33 am

Kringalia wrote:Neither Glen nor Unibot manipulated the elections. While I can see why people make that claim, they won their elections because the people trusted them, simple as that.

So is that certainty of the legitimacy of their elections backed up by an investigation into the matter, or are you expressing your opinion on the matter?

Serious question.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Kringalia
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:54 am

The Dourian Embassy wrote:

I don't know why you keep making that claim as though you know it for certain.

If you have evidence of any wrongdoing, present it to our High Court. Unless what you really want to do is keep on making outlandish claims without any evidence whatsoever, which is what you have been doing anyways.

Ridersyl wrote:

So is that certainty of the legitimacy of their elections backed up by an investigation into the matter, or are you expressing your opinion on the matter?

Serious question.

There is no actual reason to doubt the legitimacy of the election. No one has produced any evidence to the contrary, and there won't be any investigation simple because someone who isn't even a citizen makes silly claims.
Last edited by Kringalia on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Dourian Embassy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dourian Embassy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:24 am

Kringalia wrote:If you have evidence of any wrongdoing, present it to our High Court. Unless what you really want to do is keep on making outlandish claims without any evidence whatsoever, which is what you have been doing anyways.

We've gone over your rose colored glasses in this very thread enough times to know that there's no point in my continuing to try to convince you of the stuff going on in your own backyard. But, you're a smart fellow, and you have to know that there is a possibility of wrongdoing(even if you, against all reason, reject it as probable) on the parts of GR and Unibot, so stating that there is no possibility... puzzles me.

To boil it down for you: You've missed my point entirely. You do not know that the statement you made(that no wrongdoing occurred) is true. Yet you state it like you do. That is the only thing that puzzles me.
Treize Dreizehn, President of Douria.

cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks

Kringalia
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:28 am

Let's make something clear. You are the one making allegations of wrongdoing in one of our elections, therefore you have a resonsibility to provide evidence of those claims. I have nothing to prove to you, nor do I have any reason to suspect that Glen or Unibot manipulated the elections. Unless you provide me with a compelling reason and evidence as to why I should take your claims seriously, you'll forgive me if I simply ignore them.

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:35 am

The only weapon that the imperialists have is to try to force people to prove a negative. The fact that it's still taken seriously is beyond me.
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:53 am

The Dourian Embassy wrote:To boil it down for you: You've missed my point entirely. You do not know that the statement you made(that no wrongdoing occurred) is true. Yet you state it like you do. That is the only thing that puzzles me.

Yet again, to address your baseless and embarrassing BS, yes, Kris does know. He can view IP addresses. He can check the special voting account. He can see which users voted in the polls. He can see who registered, when, on what IP, with what email addresses, and can see how active they've been since they've registered.

Meanwhile, you have your own lies, some whispers of conspiracy, and a huge bias that you're not ashamed to show to everybody. Stop being such a hack, Douria. If you have proof that I rigged the elections, show it. Hell, you'd be embarrassing yourself much less if you even had vaguely incriminating IRC logs.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:08 am

Kringalia wrote:There is no actual reason to doubt the legitimacy of the election. No one has produced any evidence to the contrary, and there won't be any investigation simple because someone who isn't even a citizen makes silly claims.

There was an entire conspiracy planned, one of the members including Todd McCloud, based on the election. I say that's reason enough to investigate it. If you're not going to investigate something that caused a TSP conspiracy based on a lack of evidence, then you may be letting an even bigger infringement on the democratic process of your region go completely unattended to.

I'm not an imperialist, nor whatever an "independist" is. I barely know Glen, or Unibot. I have no horse in this political back-and-forth between TSP and others, and no bias towards anyone involved. So when I say, Kris, I wish you would investigate it so we can clear the air and stop with this unnecessary drama, I'm saying that as an objective third party. With the abilities that Glen mentioned you have, in relation to elections, it shouldn't be that hard to do.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Rhina
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rhina » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:19 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Kringalia wrote:There is no actual reason to doubt the legitimacy of the election. No one has produced any evidence to the contrary, and there won't be any investigation simple because someone who isn't even a citizen makes silly claims.

There was an entire conspiracy planned, one of the members including Todd McCloud, based on the election. I say that's reason enough to investigate it. If you're not going to investigate something that caused a TSP conspiracy based on a lack of evidence, then you may be letting an even bigger infringement on the democratic process of your region go completely unattended to.

I'm not an imperialist, nor whatever an "independist" is. I barely know Glen, or Unibot. I have no horse in this political back-and-forth between TSP and others, and no bias towards anyone involved. So when I say, Kris, I wish you would investigate it so we can clear the air and stop with this unnecessary drama, I'm saying that as an objective third party. With the abilities that Glen mentioned you have, in relation to elections, it shouldn't be that hard to do.

Not to be a dissenter, Syl, but the burden of proof is on the claimant, not the accused. Kris, Glen, Unibot, et al have nothing to prove here.
Mara Sargon
Wandering Traveler

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:25 am

It's fascinating how there seems to always be this level of drama in TSP lately. I miss the days of Escade which were marked by drama too ofc :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Kringalia
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:34 am

Ridersyl wrote:There was an entire conspiracy planned, one of the members including Todd McCloud, based on the election. I say that's reason enough to investigate it. If you're not going to investigate something that caused a TSP conspiracy based on a lack of evidence, then you may be letting an even bigger infringement on the democratic process of your region go completely unattended to.

But that is the whole point: it's not that these people had proof that Glen and Unibot were manipulating elections and took it to the proper authorities in TSP. They simpley refused to believe Glen and Unibot could be elected in a fair election, and concluded there had to be manipulation. Belschaft said as much in the leaked logs:

Belschaft wrote:[15:42] <Bel> Proving stacking is dificult, but I'm fairly sure it's going on
[15:42] <Bel> Unless you think that Unibot could get elected to Cabinet in TSP without it?
[15:42] <Bel> This is fucking Unibot we're talking about

If someone has proof of wrongdoing, then by all means let's see it, and have an investigation as appropriate. I'll be the first person to agree that such a course of action is necessary. But we can't have a full investigation if the only proof is someone's belief that Unibot can't win a fair election. Proof is, like Rhina said, a responsibility of those claiming that wrongdoing has happened.

Solorni wrote:It's fascinating how there seems to always be this level of drama in TSP lately. I miss the days of Escade which were marked by drama too ofc :P

Interestingly enough, there was never drama in TSP over this topic. We all agreed that what happened was wrong, and that steps had to be taken regarding those responsible. The only drama I've seen over this has happened in the Gameplay forum.

You should pay a bit more attention to TSP, Rach. We don't really have much drama nowadays.

----

Let me ask you a question, Treize. Do you have any proof that Glen and Unibot manipulated elections? Yes or no. Either you have it, and therefore should present it to the proper authorities in TSP, or you don't, in which case you have no business accusing citizens of manipulating elections.
Last edited by Kringalia on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:48 am

I would consider the events of people being moved to try to remove elected officials by bringing people in rather dramatic personally.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Kringalia
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:01 am

I guess I was thinking more of the infighting levels that we have in late 2013 and early 2014, particularly just before the forum move. If we compare TSP then against TSP now, we are much better as a region, in terms of civility in the Assembly.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:04 am

Ridersyl wrote:There was an entire conspiracy planned, one of the members including Todd McCloud, based on the election. I say that's reason enough to investigate it. If you're not going to investigate something that caused a TSP conspiracy based on a lack of evidence, then you may be letting an even bigger infringement on the democratic process of your region go completely unattended to.

We're not going to lend any credibility to Belschaft's paranoid ramblings, which were purely a product of his total disbelief that anybody with my views or Unibot's views could successfully win competitive elections in TSP. The conspiracy concocted by Belschaft, Todd McCloud, et al. was not to address allegations of fraud -- we have courts that handle those allegations -- but to reverse what they saw (and likely continue to see) as an irreversible trend away from political positions they believe are the right ones for TSP.

As somebody who does not know TSP, or apparently the people involved, very well, you would not really be clued in to the background politics of the region. Those of us who are involved in TSP and are keenly aware of our political environment know exactly what the conspiracy is about, and why the conspirators created it. It has nothing to do with a sincere belief that anybody committed electoral fraud.

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:16 am

What views are those?
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:57 am

Your feigned naivety is so cute, Rachel (✿◠‿◠)

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:43 pm

Since I'm not Rachel, I'll ask then.

What views are you talking about, GR?
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:46 pm

It's not feigned Glen. While I do know some of your beliefs and many of Unibots, my question is what in your own words, what are your beliefs and why would someone find them so dangerous or detestable that they would seek foreign help to prevent such threats. Thus my question is what exactly are these beliefs.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Solorni wrote:It's not feigned Glen. While I do know some of your beliefs and many of Unibots, my question is what in your own words, what are your beliefs and why would someone find them so dangerous or detestable that they would seek foreign help to prevent such threats. Thus my question is what exactly are these beliefs.

It is feigned ignorance, Rachel, because you know exactly what's been happening among the Independent and imperialist sphere for the past few months. You fret to me over IRC about how it's such a travesty that all your hard work is being destroyed. We spoke about this very issue just a few nights ago.

Ridersyl wrote:What views are you talking about, GR?

Conspirators believe that there is a secret defender agenda to push out all Independent and imperialist influence in TSP. Have you bothered to read the pages and pages of posts about it when it was actually reported? You should, if you really care to know about what happened.

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:02 pm

Do you feel foreign defender influence is better than other kinds of influence in TSP or internal values?
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:36 pm

Solorni wrote:Do you feel foreign defender influence is better than other kinds of influence in TSP or internal values?

Why? Do you?

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:44 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
Solorni wrote:Do you feel foreign defender influence is better than other kinds of influence in TSP or internal values?

Why? Do you?

I think the results of any regions foreign affairs speak for themselves, TSP or not.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:48 pm

I think things are deliberately murky right about now, but of course no way to tell due to the aforementioned murkiness.
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:Conspirators believe that there is a secret defender agenda to push out all Independent and imperialist influence in TSP. Have you bothered to read the pages and pages of posts about it when it was actually reported? You should, if you really care to know about what happened.

I want to know about what happened, but I don't care about it enough to subject myself to pages and pages of political pissing contests.. Pursuit of knowledge be damned, that just wouldn't be healthy reading.

Also:

Glen-Rhodes wrote:

Why? Do you?

Holy question dodge!
Last edited by RiderSyl on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay