NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of The North Pacific

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Johanneslanden
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Oct 16, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Johanneslanden » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:54 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this all seems slightly counter-productive for TNP.
I'm confused about TNP claiming to be trying to prevent the CCD gaining more publicity, then bringing greater attention to them than they've had in months.
If TNP's aim is genuinely to move public discussion away from the Confederation, then surely they shouldn't be generating public discussion about the Confederation?

Of course, I may just be too lowly to understand TNP's big brain plays.
Last edited by Johanneslanden on Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Comfed
Diplomat
 
Posts: 881
Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:17 am

Johanneslanden wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but this all seems slightly counter-productive for TNP.
I'm confused about TNP claiming to be trying to prevent the CCD gaining more publicity, then bringing greater attention to them than they've had in months.
If TNP's aim is genuinely to move public discussion away from the Confederation, then surely they shouldn't be generating public discussion about the Confederation?

Of course, I may just be too lowly to understand TNP's big brain plays.

It was TSP that decided to ignore diplomacy and make a public statement.
Mall:
Best part about being a mod was engaging in normal player behavior and getting accused of abuse
"You think this is abuse? I'll SHOW you abuse."
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Numero Capitan wrote:I haven't bothered reading back but I can unequivocally say that I agree with everything HEM has said and Unibot is wrong

Put this in your sig if you passed biology and know that gender and sex are not the same thing.

User avatar
Dreadton
Attaché
 
Posts: 69
Founded: Dec 04, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dreadton » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:54 am

I am glad my region continues to stand against CCD.

The North Remembers

User avatar
Nepleslia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 108
Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Nepleslia » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:15 am

Dreadton wrote:I am glad my region continues to stand against CCD.

The North Remembers

I’m glad my region doesn’t practice the censorship that is quorum raiding.

User avatar
North Prarie
Diplomat
 
Posts: 932
Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby North Prarie » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:09 am

Comfed wrote:
Johanneslanden wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but this all seems slightly counter-productive for TNP.
I'm confused about TNP claiming to be trying to prevent the CCD gaining more publicity, then bringing greater attention to them than they've had in months.
If TNP's aim is genuinely to move public discussion away from the Confederation, then surely they shouldn't be generating public discussion about the Confederation?

Of course, I may just be too lowly to understand TNP's big brain plays.

It was TSP that decided to ignore diplomacy and make a public statement.

Who made the public statement first, Comfed?
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

User avatar
Westinor
Diplomat
 
Posts: 726
Founded: Feb 15, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Westinor » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:14 am

Johanneslanden wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but this all seems slightly counter-productive for TNP.
I'm confused about TNP claiming to be trying to prevent the CCD gaining more publicity, then bringing greater attention to them than they've had in months.
If TNP's aim is genuinely to move public discussion away from the Confederation, then surely they shouldn't be generating public discussion about the Confederation?

Of course, I may just be too lowly to understand TNP's big brain plays.

I’m sure your brain isn’t too lowly!

The idea was to stop giving them attention to the greater world, or to give them a space in which they could claim a PR victory/advertise their cause. Getting a proposal that claims the CCD is completely reformed and no longer a region with any problems whatsoever is what we were trying to avoid. In this case, we did not anticipate opposition to our quorum raids, nor was our intention to bring attention to them - but in the end, the sort of attention is only negative for the CCD. The only people who are paying them any attention already understand who they are, and they aren’t even the topic of discussion.
Authorship - Things I've written!

Stay safe, wear a mask, and have a great day! :)

User avatar
The Church of Satan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1312
Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Church of Satan » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:57 am

The Notorious Mad Jack wrote:
The Church of Satan wrote:The least TNP could have done was try to avoid their nuclear option wherever possible. They could have shown some respect for their past friends.

This was what we did.

Your actions say otherwise. Because it appears that TNP made a precise strike with only CCD in its thoughts and everything else was just "in the way." Your attacks on The Moon and Renegade Islands displays a blatant disregard for respect of any kind.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

User avatar
The Moonstar
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 41
Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Moonstar » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:01 pm

Was Sedge or CG unreachable or something?
Join or visit the South Pacific!

User avatar
Goobergunchia
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 1753
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Goobergunchia » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:02 pm

The Notorious Mad Jack wrote:Hello, you may have missed in your considerable absence that The North Pacific has changed a lot since you last graced us with your presence. In that time, one development that occurred was that The North Pacific government decided that when we were struck at, we would strike back. In January of 2020 we revealed an attempted infiltration and coup attempt by the Confederation of Corrupt Dictatorships of The North Pacific, and in retaliation, began to hit their embassied regions as part of a short and successful campaign to strike at this fascist region. Since then, The North Pacific has continuously opposed the CCD's attempts to fool the rest of NSGP that they had reformed. Nothing we see and nothing that has been presented to us, suggests that they have, nor have they reformed from the actions they took against our region. In light of this, it was quite clear to anyone who has been around at any point in the last year or so, that would oppose this attempt to repeal the liberation against them.

That opposition included, as a last resort, quorum raiding those regions who despite receiving our telegram campaign (there are some exceptions here that I'm sure our official statement will mention) continued to approve the proposal. It was deemed to be in our vital regional interests, and in the interests of opposing fascism, to ensure this proposal did not reach the floor. That is very much an acceptable casus belli for a military operation, and we invite you to visit our forum for further information, if you remember where it is, where you can find our initial statement on the matter.

Oh, I read TNP's initial statement before commenting. It was unpersuasive.

My takeaway from all of this is that the North Pacific's current government has decided that they are the sole arbiters of what constitutes anti-fascism and is fine with imposing their position on the rest of NationStates, by force if necessary. I don't have a position on CCD, nor do I have one on the proposal that was rendered inquorate, but I do actually appreciate having the chance to make up my own mind before I vote on something. (Which includes reading advisories from respected sources, including TNP's WA Ministry.) Perhaps I am just a naive believer in democracy.

I will finally note that some regions listed as hit are regions to which I have historically held (in my capacity as a regional or organizational officer) mutual defense obligations and were I an active player I would consider said obligations to remain a point of honor absent a clear and convincing showing of why said region is no longer worthy of protection. "They disagreed with me about a WA proposal" does not meet that bar.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Member, UNOG
Rules: GA SC
Retired Forum Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See The One-Stop Rules Shop.
Who are the mods? See the All About Moderators sticky.

User avatar
Praeceps
Diplomat
 
Posts: 664
Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Praeceps » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:13 pm

North Prarie wrote:
Comfed wrote:It was TSP that decided to ignore diplomacy and make a public statement.

Who made the public statement first, Comfed?

As per TNP's law, McM provided a report to the region on the activities of the NPA. TSP escalated through a dispatch posting and posting in their GP thread. Prior to TSP's actions, there was little interregional attention drawn towards the matter.
The Church of Satan wrote:
The Notorious Mad Jack wrote:This was what we did.

Your actions say otherwise. Because it appears that TNP made a precise strike with only CCD in its thoughts and everything else was just "in the way." Your attacks on The Moon and Renegade Islands displays a blatant disregard for respect of any kind.


Did you miss where TNP sent out counter-campaign telegrams as we have noted in our statements several times? Did you miss where we contacted authors which we thought were close to submission and warned them early on of the possibility of quorum raiding?

Goobergunchia wrote:
The Notorious Mad Jack wrote:Hello, you may have missed in your considerable absence that The North Pacific has changed a lot since you last graced us with your presence. In that time, one development that occurred was that The North Pacific government decided that when we were struck at, we would strike back. In January of 2020 we revealed an attempted infiltration and coup attempt by the Confederation of Corrupt Dictatorships of The North Pacific, and in retaliation, began to hit their embassied regions as part of a short and successful campaign to strike at this fascist region. Since then, The North Pacific has continuously opposed the CCD's attempts to fool the rest of NSGP that they had reformed. Nothing we see and nothing that has been presented to us, suggests that they have, nor have they reformed from the actions they took against our region. In light of this, it was quite clear to anyone who has been around at any point in the last year or so, that would oppose this attempt to repeal the liberation against them.

That opposition included, as a last resort, quorum raiding those regions who despite receiving our telegram campaign (there are some exceptions here that I'm sure our official statement will mention) continued to approve the proposal. It was deemed to be in our vital regional interests, and in the interests of opposing fascism, to ensure this proposal did not reach the floor. That is very much an acceptable casus belli for a military operation, and we invite you to visit our forum for further information, if you remember where it is, where you can find our initial statement on the matter.

Oh, I read TNP's initial statement before commenting. It was unpersuasive.

My takeaway from all of this is that the North Pacific's current government has decided that they are the sole arbiters of what constitutes anti-fascism and is fine with imposing their position on the rest of NationStates, by force if necessary. I don't have a position on CCD, nor do I have one on the proposal that was rendered inquorate, but I do actually appreciate having the chance to make up my own mind before I vote on something. (Which includes reading advisories from respected sources, including TNP's WA Ministry.) Perhaps I am just a naive believer in democracy.

I will finally note that some regions listed as hit are regions to which I have historically held (in my capacity as a regional or organizational officer) mutual defense obligations and were I an active player I would consider said obligations to remain a point of honor absent a clear and convincing showing of why said region is no longer worthy of protection. "They disagreed with me about a WA proposal" does not meet that bar.

TSP has never disagreed with us on CCD being fascist, that was made quite clear during our limited discussions with them. It's pretty clear that this resolution was to advance the interests of a fascist region through getting to the voting floor. The NPA prevent that.

Furthermore, this disagreement with the regions that approved the resolution was not "They disagreed with me about a WA proposal" but rather that they approved a fascist resolution. The NPA hasn't been out bumping Delegates just because they approved a GA proposal that we disagree with.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6545
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:29 pm

Praeceps wrote:It's pretty clear that this resolution was to advance the interests of a fascist region through getting to the voting floor. The NPA prevent that.


To be fair, Goob may be too ... retired to be aware of the blatant weaponization of the SC floor as a pure publicity platform, with resolutions that were always intended/doomed to fail. It fairly recently that that became a really common thing.

I question sometimes if Defending's position on quorum raiding might change if someone were to come along and pull a The Invaders again: pre-liberating their monthly ops with a lib designed to complement their region, fail at vote because of the source and phrasing, and then exhaust the potential for future libs. Later, TBH really popularized Quorum Raids as a tactic to try and stop liberations. When other equal or even less savory actors seized on TI's general tactic ("getting to vote notifies every delegate in the world and brings us attention in thousands of regions, and negative attention still gains us dozens of recruits and global infamy"), other regions such as TNP widely adopted Quorum Raiding as a last resort to deprive them of the world stage outright.

For years now, the fights against the fash, and others, on NS have time and time again proved the idea that "any publicity is good publicity," and thus defeating it "democratically" at vote is simply not enough to achieve the goals at hand. If CCD is your enemy, then allowing the resolution to come to vote at all gives them their primary end goal. Actually repealing the liberation is secondary, and defeating it also gives them a stage and ammunition in their war against "The WA Elite." TNP takes extraordinary care in their efforts to employ these methods too - campaign, including spending $$, first. Follow-up. Warn other authors to limit collateral impact on other resolutions. Surgical strikes, no tagging even where possible. Only apply it as a method to issues like antifascism, not just regional preference. But it'll never be enough, lol. Should be happy - if raiders took the lead on it, we'd prefer not to bother with any of those precautions. Quorum Raiding is easy, free, and effective.

In a way, raiding is to blame for popularizing both the "SC failure as a regional stage" tactic, and the methods of stopping it, funny enough.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
Sedgistan
Senior Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 29565
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:30 pm

The Moonstar wrote:Was Sedge or CG unreachable or something?

I get campaign TGs, and received the ones from TNP. I chose to keep my approval in place, as per my own views on approving proposals. I was aware I was likely to be quorum raided, and I'm not bothered that the Moon was quorum raided (CG might be but I don't care).

The parts I disagreed with were the reasons given for the raids, and the reaction to TSP (and TRR), as per my post in TSP's thread:
Sedgistan wrote:<snip> That said, I disagree with TNP's stated reasoning for the actions - they'd have more legs to stand on if they'd justified it as retaliation for CCD's farcical intel attempts against TNP last year - everyone can appreciate a good bit of revenge served cold. CCD has made an effort to right some of its (many) wrongs over the last few months, and while I get treating them with suspicion, completely disregarding any of the progress they have made does no favours to the anti-fascist cause. Players and communities can change their outlook, and continuing to beat them with the Liberation/ostracisation stick whilst refusing to even entertain the carrot of no longer treating them as fascist identifiers, is not conducive to encouraging others to change their ways.

Trying to make TSP feel bad for sticking to its well-known principles of defending non-fascist regions (including regions that were historically anti-fascist) is just silly.

But I feel I've said my piece on the matter, and I try to avoid getting drawn into gameplay arguments, as it can impede my ability to moderate, so I'll duck out and leave it to others, unless someone tries to drag me back in again.

User avatar
The Church of Satan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1312
Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Church of Satan » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:39 pm

Praeceps wrote:Did you miss where TNP sent out counter-campaign telegrams as we have noted in our statements several times? Did you miss where we contacted authors which we thought were close to submission and warned them early on of the possibility of quorum raiding?

Renegade Islands has no authors among it these days. Like I said before, they just RP these days.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

User avatar
RiderSyl
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5453
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:41 pm

Praeceps wrote:TSP has never disagreed with us on CCD being fascist, that was made quite clear during our limited discussions with them. It's pretty clear that this resolution was to advance the interests of a fascist region through getting to the voting floor. The NPA prevent that.

Furthermore, this disagreement with the regions that approved the resolution was not "They disagreed with me about a WA proposal" but rather that they approved a fascist resolution. The NPA hasn't been out bumping Delegates just because they approved a GA proposal that we disagree with.

but they aren't fascist. Your justification for raiding The Moon and RIA isn't even based in reality!
Last edited by RiderSyl on Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
Praeceps
Diplomat
 
Posts: 664
Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Praeceps » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:44 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:
Praeceps wrote:Did you miss where TNP sent out counter-campaign telegrams as we have noted in our statements several times? Did you miss where we contacted authors which we thought were close to submission and warned them early on of the possibility of quorum raiding?

Renegade Islands has no authors among it these days. Like I said before, they just RP these days.

I never said they did? I am replying to your demonstrably false assertion "that TNP made a precise strike with only CCD in its thoughts and everything else was just "in the way."". I notice you have not addressed that we reached out to Delegates that approved the resolution in order to attempt to persuade them to withdraw their approval.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

User avatar
The Church of Satan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1312
Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Church of Satan » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:19 pm

And how hard did they try to contact them? Because Renegade Islands has a link to their Discord server in their WFE.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

User avatar
Praeceps
Diplomat
 
Posts: 664
Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Praeceps » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:25 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:And how hard did they try to contact them? Because Renegade Islands has a link to their Discord server in their WFE.

We are well aware of that now. If you read our statement, you will see that we addressed that. I will note that you have now shifted your goalposts from saying that TNP didn't contact the RIA at all:

The Church of Satan wrote:
Baedan wrote:
I was referring specifically to your assertion that a telegram would've solved the problem.

With regards to Renegade Islands, I am 100% certain that it definitely would have. They would have withdrew their approval if TNP had actually tried to talk to them. You know how I know that? Because I know both Shizensky and everyone else in Renegade Islands. Very well. They haven't been involved in GP for a very long time and they certainly don't know anything about current events. But TNP just can't be bothered to type out five sentences or less to clue them in about the resolution, right? Or is it that TNP has become relentlessly crude for 2021?


To now saying that we didn't try hard enough to contact the RIA as you finally have managed to understand that we did indeed reach out to the RIA.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

User avatar
Kleptocratic Maniacs
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Feb 26, 2020
Corporate Police State

Postby Kleptocratic Maniacs » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:31 pm

Praeceps wrote:
The Church of Satan wrote:Renegade Islands has no authors among it these days. Like I said before, they just RP these days.

I never said they did? I am replying to your demonstrably false assertion "that TNP made a precise strike with only CCD in its thoughts and everything else was just "in the way."". I notice you have not addressed that we reached out to Delegates that approved the resolution in order to attempt to persuade them to withdraw their approval.

Oh, did you? Lovely of you to ask them politely to voluntarily sacrifice their sovereignty and independence for your goals of petty vengeance, with the other option being you forcing them to do it anyway. That’s not “reaching out in an attempt to persuade them”. That’s an ultimatum. You can try and justify it as much as you want, but there’s no denying that the NPA violated the sovereignty of numerous innocent regions just to get back at the CCD, which in itself is pretty ironic considering the thing you wanted to get back at us for was attempting to violate your own sovereignty.

User avatar
The Church of Satan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1312
Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Church of Satan » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:58 pm

Praeceps wrote:We are well aware of that now. If you read our statement, you will see that we addressed that. I will note that you have now shifted your goalposts from saying that TNP didn't contact the RIA at all:

The Church of Satan wrote:With regards to Renegade Islands, I am 100% certain that it definitely would have. They would have withdrew their approval if TNP had actually tried to talk to them. You know how I know that? Because I know both Shizensky and everyone else in Renegade Islands. Very well. They haven't been involved in GP for a very long time and they certainly don't know anything about current events. But TNP just can't be bothered to type out five sentences or less to clue them in about the resolution, right? Or is it that TNP has become relentlessly crude for 2021?


To now saying that we didn't try hard enough to contact the RIA as you finally have managed to understand that we did indeed reach out to the RIA.

And I said that before knowing TNP had issued a second statement to double-down on their position of "screw you" to the world at large. Yup, the lack of remorse in statement #2 was that obvious, by the way.

Having read it after the fact, it's apparent that TNP made the bare minimum effort in avoiding military action, as opposed to making every effort at their disposal like a good delegate or minister should. Were the government's necks too tired to look at their screen after tiring out their poor little fingers from typing up a simple telegram? Were their mouses too overworked to click the link to the region's page!? O_o
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

User avatar
Dreadton
Attaché
 
Posts: 69
Founded: Dec 04, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dreadton » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:15 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:And I said that before knowing TNP had issued a second statement to double-down on their position of "screw you" to the world at large. Yup, the lack of remorse in statement #2 was that obvious, by the way.

Having read it after the fact, it's apparent that TNP made the bare minimum effort in avoiding military action, as opposed to making every effort at their disposal like a good delegate or minister should. Were the government's necks too tired to look at their screen after tiring out their poor little fingers from typing up a simple telegram? Were their mouses too overworked to click the link to the region's page!? O_o


There is nothing to be remorseful about, except for the two points that TNP has already apologized for.
Just a Shameless Nobody.

All post are representations of the policy and opinions of the nation of Dreadton and not official TNP policy.

User avatar
RiderSyl
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5453
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:21 pm

Dreadton wrote:
The Church of Satan wrote:And I said that before knowing TNP had issued a second statement to double-down on their position of "screw you" to the world at large. Yup, the lack of remorse in statement #2 was that obvious, by the way.

Having read it after the fact, it's apparent that TNP made the bare minimum effort in avoiding military action, as opposed to making every effort at their disposal like a good delegate or minister should. Were the government's necks too tired to look at their screen after tiring out their poor little fingers from typing up a simple telegram? Were their mouses too overworked to click the link to the region's page!? O_o


There is nothing to be remorseful about, except for the two points that TNP has already apologized for.

What was the reason TNP quorum raided in the first place? Sorry, I've momentarily forgotten.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
Praeceps
Diplomat
 
Posts: 664
Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Praeceps » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:22 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:
Praeceps wrote:We are well aware of that now. If you read our statement, you will see that we addressed that. I will note that you have now shifted your goalposts from saying that TNP didn't contact the RIA at all:



To now saying that we didn't try hard enough to contact the RIA as you finally have managed to understand that we did indeed reach out to the RIA.

And I said that before knowing TNP had issued a second statement to double-down on their position of "screw you" to the world at large. Yup, the lack of remorse in statement #2 was that obvious, by the way.

Having read it after the fact, it's apparent that TNP made the bare minimum effort in avoiding military action, as opposed to making every effort at their disposal like a good delegate or minister should. Were the government's necks too tired to look at their screen after tiring out their poor little fingers from typing up a simple telegram? Were their mouses too overworked to click the link to the region's page!? O_o

Your first statement was factually inaccurate and the information demonstrating that has always been public. Anyone can plainly see your error.

I'm willing to engage in a good-faith discussion with individuals who won't resort to attempting to mocking statements and shifting the goalposts after being proven wrong. Thanks for your interest in TNP's statement. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Last edited by Praeceps on Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

User avatar
Dreadton
Attaché
 
Posts: 69
Founded: Dec 04, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dreadton » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:31 pm

RiderSyl wrote:What was the reason TNP quorum raided in the first place? Sorry, I've momentarily forgotten.


Nazis pretending to not be nazis, trying to get their proposal passed. You can keep with your anti vaxxer like arguments that they changed, but Nazi is a Nazi.
Just a Shameless Nobody.

All post are representations of the policy and opinions of the nation of Dreadton and not official TNP policy.

User avatar
VlaRiSsiA
Envoy
 
Posts: 244
Founded: Oct 16, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby VlaRiSsiA » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:34 pm

So is no one here going to acknowledge the link RiderSyl sent just a few posts earlier?
VlaRiSsiA is a Shrekist Totalitarian Hyper-Stalinist Juche^2 Nazbol Necrocratic Thearchy created after the Great Ogrethrow in 2094. Has a massive WIP multi-nation lore. We don’t use most stats(our personal and political freedoms are negative 100 in canon)
Date: March, 2161
VlaRiSsiA is like an onion, it has L A Y E R S
Glorious News: Our Omnipotent Supreme Leader with his glorious omniscience purges Comrade Pingu(who makes Stalin look like an anarchist) for being too anarchist.
The Supreme Leader|Shrekism|Armed Forces|VlaRiSsiAn Labor Camps|Location|National Anthem of the Glorious Swampland!

User avatar
The Church of Satan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1312
Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Church of Satan » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:36 pm

Praeceps wrote:Your first statement was factually inaccurate and the information demonstrating that has always been public. Anyone can plainly see your error.

Unbeknownst to me at the time. You left that part out.
Praeceps wrote:I'm willing to engage in a good-faith discussion with individuals who won't resort to attempting to mocking statements and shifting the goalposts after being proven wrong. Thanks for your interest in TNP's statement. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Again, unbeknownst to me at the time. My mocking doesn't change anything though. TNP did the bare minimum so they could go for their nuclear option and honestly say "we tried though!" However, it can hardly be called trying when they didn't even look in the WFE for a link to the region's Discord server, which is a common practice found in many regions. There is no excuse for that, much to TNP government's dismay.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Knight Reynauld, ROM

Advertisement

Remove ads