NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Condemn Deconiate

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vorograd
Envoy

Founded: Mar 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vorograd » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:26 pm

Reassembler wrote:It's particularly brutal. Because it takes a LONG time.

*Forwards to Ironic Punishments Assembly Inc.*
Vorogradian Embassy Charter
Olthar wrote:Sorry, I've never been that interested in baseball, but I'm sure it was all the goalie's fault.
Desperate Measures wrote:Everybody know that Jesus was hatched from a pine cone. Grace to thee, Blessed Firgin.
Sovetsky Europe wrote:Shouted Sic Semper Tyrannis after killing a rabbit in the forests near Vaasa, Finland.
The Holy Twig wrote:Theism says "Oh I know! My book says so!" whereas atheism says "Well fuck, I don't have all the answers, I'm going to get some more pot."

Ye Olde Galaxy
Civilian

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Condemn Deconiate

Postby Ye Olde Galaxy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:42 pm

They'll obviously be saved through politics. They should be taken out and or liberated by necessary force.

Azerzia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Azerzia » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:24 am

Until actual proof can be provided, as Prime Minister of the Republic of Azerzia I cannot back this resolution. Also, I would like to hear what the leader of Deconiate has to say about these charges
With regards,
Marc Crayik, Prime Minister of Azerzia,
serving the people of Azerzia and his Majesty, King Maxius Rotae, Regent of the Realm, King of Stegol, High King of Nymela.
President of the Union of Democratic Leftist States

Demotlandia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Deconiate

Postby Demotlandia » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:42 am

Proof? Look at the laws that have just recently been approved in Deconiate!
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook broke down. If you are the 2% who would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

The Associated Peoples
Envoy

Founded: Oct 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Associated Peoples » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:12 am

These nations and or regions that are named in the condemnation have given me trouble when I try to locate them through the directory.I would a appreciate links so that I can see if they even exist.

(OOC)When posting in our regions off site forum I like to provide links for the information of the regional residents when possible.When I put the named places in the world search bar I am told that these places do not exist.
The Ambassador Elect of The Political Efficiency Accord Dr.Nigel Roosevelt author of GA Resolution #126Extinction Preparation Act
Economic Left/Right: -0.88 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
Warzone Codger wrote:Well this is surely an interesting voting spilt.

You've beaten all 5 Feeders, XKI, Region Inc, Capitalist Paradise, (and edit: Gatesville) (the latter 4 being user regions who have more endos than one feeder) ALL voting against.
Intellect and the Arts wrote:Have you ever considered that there exist perspectives other than your own and equally as valid, or do you claim infallible omniscience by virtue of the houseboat you lovingly inhabit on de Nial?
Memebr of the WASO

Agrall
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Agrall » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:58 am

This proposal is a joke.

Against.
Generation 26 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Ossitania
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ossitania » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:08 am

Demotlandia wrote:Proof? Look at the laws that have just recently been approved in Deconiate!

That doesn't prove any of the claims made in this resolution.
Guy in the Boat,
GA #146 (Co-authored)
GA #177 (Co-authored)
GA #183(Authored)
GA #198 (Co-authored)
GA #202 (Authored)
GA #206 (Authored)
GA #212 (Co-authored)
GA #238 (Authored)
GA #240 (Authored)

President and Sole Resident of Ossitania

Member of UNOG
Ideological Bulwark #265

Tajpania
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tajpania » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:23 am

We the community of Tajpania, would like to state the following:

The proposal itself is childish and show lack of maturity in its intent. The Holy Imperium of Deconiate
retaliated to a nuclear attack with a nuclear attack on a larger scale? What would any country expect
them to do? Turn the other cheek? Even though our community hopes for a violence free world we
aknowledge, that sometimes force should be met with force.

As for the remarks about the non-functioning government, wouldn't that apply to the Federal Republic of
Wailfolk which got its capital supposedly obliterated? How is that an argument that would support a condemnation?
If it should have worked as an information to paint the background picture, then we feel it was highly biased in
its nature.

Therefor we believe that it is this proposal that should be condemned.

The Community of Tajpania

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:28 am

"Who?"
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Azania-Lemuria
Attaché

Founded: Jan 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azania-Lemuria » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:42 am

Ossitania wrote:Oh my god, guys, my friend dropped a nuclear bomb on this other guy's national capital and he had the nerve to launch a retaliatory attack. What a bastard, am I right?

AGAINST.

The Azano-Lemurian Department of Foreign Affairs, after consultation with the president, has taken the same position on this issue as Ossitania. We shall vote against this resolution.

We would also like to point out to the author of this proposal that although there is such a thing as a Capitol building, there is no such thing as a "capitol" city (it's meant to be spelt "capital"). That, along with certain other spelling and grammar mistakes, would be enough reason for us to vote against this resolution even if a condemnation was justified.
Last edited by Azania-Lemuria on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
~Information Courtesy of the Azano-Lemurian Government

The Republic of Azania-Lemuria
Factbook|NSEconomy|WikiStates|Foreign Affairs

Economic Left/Right: -4.25 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.08

Numdia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Numdia » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:33 pm

While condemning this nation is a bit extreme, we should watch Decionate and their region for aggression later on. The author, while a bit overzealous about a punishment, may be onto something.

I will still hold my vote on against until Decionate makes further cruel acts.

Central Nation
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 19, 2008
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Nation » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:55 pm

The Associated Peoples wrote:These nations and or regions that are named in the condemnation have given me trouble when I try to locate them through the directory.I would a appreciate links so that I can see if they even exist.

(OOC)When posting in our regions off site forum I like to provide links for the information of the regional residents when possible.When I put the named places in the world search bar I am told that these places do not exist.

When the proposal mention former Sunshine State of Florida, it usually meant that Florida ceased to exist and Deconiate decides to invade (while it is ceased to exist) and this is all the action that mentioned on the proposal.

If WA Members think this is a joke. Go ahead and nuke someone, just one nuke and that victim will launch a massive attack that would be seemly unfair to you (You sent 1 nuke, the other sent 5 nukes causing a massive destruction all over your country). All the wars in North America were role-played and of course, I apologize that I did not collect the evidence to present to the World Assembly Security Council.

Central Nation government urge World Assembly to condemn this nation as a whole from all said statement been made in the proposal.
Regards,

President Ryan Bagwell
The Executive Office of the President
The Federal State of Central Nation
North America

Central Nation
Civil Servant

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Nation » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Numdia wrote:While condemning this nation is a bit extreme, we should watch Decionate and their region for aggression later on. The author, while a bit overzealous about a punishment, may be onto something.

So, you think it extreme that Deconiate kills your city officials, military personnel, federal government leaders, citizens, and rebels with blindfolds?

Their region is full of puppets, but while they started recruiting, then the region will have half puppets and half non-puppets....

Central Nation Intelligence Service had indicated some of their puppets have been boot out of the World Assembly for rule violations, again this impacts the seat of the World Assembly in North America.
Regards,

President Ryan Bagwell
North America

Coxnord
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coxnord » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:16 pm

Central Nation wrote:When the proposal mention former Sunshine State of Florida, it usually meant that Florida ceased to exist and Deconiate decides to invade (while it is ceased to exist) and this is all the action that mentioned on the proposal.

If WA Members think this is a joke. Go ahead and nuke someone, just one nuke and that victim will launch a massive attack that would be seemly unfair to you (You sent 1 nuke, the other sent 5 nukes causing a massive destruction all over your country). All the wars in North America were role-played and of course, I apologize that I did not collect the evidence to present to the World Assembly Security Council.

Central Nation government urge World Assembly to condemn this nation as a whole from all said statement been made in the proposal.

Is Your Excellency telling us that these alleged crimes were committed against a non-existant state? :blink:

And unfair? What was fair about the first nuke? How is war ever fair?
His Imperial and Royal Highness Prince Christian of Anisia and Cunula, Duke of Penn
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Holy Empire of Coxnord to the World Assembly

Nulono wrote:(to The Cat-Tribe) You are correct. My bad.

Tanzoria
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tanzoria » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:27 pm

I would be happy to vote for this if there was any evidence. So for now,AGAINST

Awkies
Secretary

Founded: Dec 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Awkies » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:27 pm

"Hah!"
AGAINST

Lentheric
Envoy

Founded: Jan 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lentheric » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:14 am

I, the Supreme Ruler, of The United Kingdom of Lentheric, condemns any global hostilities , but regrettably would have to vote against this motion. until further evidence can be issued, we consider this motion unfair.
Last edited by Lentheric on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of The United Kingdom of Lentheric.

Wynrise
Civilian

Founded: Jan 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wynrise » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:03 am

Millsa wrote:I am more than willing to Vote for this but as of now, I would like to see proof of actual wrongdoings on Deconiate's part.
AGAINST

I also believe we must see Actual proof of wrongdoing on the part of Deconiate's part, but if proper evidence is brought forth, the obvious must be enforced

Numdia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Numdia » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:15 am

Central Nation wrote:
Numdia wrote:While condemning this nation is a bit extreme, we should watch Decionate and their region for aggression later on. The author, while a bit overzealous about a punishment, may be onto something.

So, you think it extreme that Deconiate kills your city officials, military personnel, federal government leaders, citizens, and rebels with blindfolds?

Their region is full of puppets, but while they started recruiting, then the region will have half puppets and half non-puppets....

Central Nation Intelligence Service had indicated some of their puppets have been boot out of the World Assembly for rule violations, again this impacts the seat of the World Assembly in North America.

I don't have any problem with killing a rebel or a terrorist. And why would using blindfolds be so much more cruel? They'd close their eyes shut when they saw the barrel flash up anyway.

And I doubt they're hunting down city officials that were in charge of the infrastructure or something. Only military ones, which - while back - is not as cruel as you make it seem.

And as for puppets, yes, that's a bad thing to do. It's still not enough to make an action against them though.

Millsa
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Millsa » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:34 am

Central Nation wrote:
The Associated Peoples wrote:These nations and or regions that are named in the condemnation have given me trouble when I try to locate them through the directory.I would a appreciate links so that I can see if they even exist.

When the proposal mention former Sunshine State of Florida, it usually meant that Florida ceased to exist and Deconiate decides to invade (while it is ceased to exist) and this is all the action that mentioned on the proposal.

Okay so from what I can see the nation accused invaded a nation that has ceased to exist or never existed. If the 2nd option out of the two is true then why was this brought to the WAs attention, the land that was allegedly invaded does not exist in which case this part of the proposel would be void.

The Nuclear incident (from what I can see) has problems with it aswell. First, The Accused nation was not the aggressor, if anything he/she was trying to send a messege to knock it off. Sending 5 nukes is very typical in nuclear warfare, in which the objective is to eliminate Strategic Military Targets. Things like large cities, ports, airbases, silos and shipping yards would have been on list. In conclusion Deconiate may not have known the extent of the aggressors WMD arsenal so in responce Deconiate sent 5 Nukes to strike strategic targets within said nation.

Ghanara
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghanara » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:44 am

I believe this proposal is absolutely uncalled for. The actions of Deconiate were not out of line. One argument made in this proposal was Deconiate's attempted annexation of Florida. What is wrong with that? It was an act of war. Nations go to war all the time, and this proposal does even specify the cause of said warfare. For all we know, Florida could have provoked Deconiate. Another argument made was the execution of those resisting the annexation of Florida--again, that's what happens to the enemy during times of war. Finally, arguing that Deconiate is a threat to N. America due to the fact that 5 nuclear missiles were launched at Wailfolk after Wailfolk dropped one nuclear bomb on Deconiate. Let me pose this question to you: What would YOU do if a f***ing NUCLEAR BOMB was dropped on your capital city?! Placing a condemnation on Deconiate is not justified--unless you place a condemnation on Florida and Wailfolk as well. All three of these nations were fighting, not just Deconiate.
Money makes the world go round.

This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Looking for an awesome region? Try Cherowaka!

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:46 am

Badly written. Badly argued. Badly supported. The Imperial Chiefdom has voted against.

Henrik Søgård
Imperial Chiefdom of Krioval

The Associated Peoples
Envoy

Founded: Oct 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Associated Peoples » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:02 am

Central Nation wrote:When the proposal mention former Sunshine State of Florida, it usually meant that Florida ceased to exist and Deconiate decides to invade (while it is ceased to exist) and this is all the action that mentioned on the proposal.
So let me get this straight Deconiate invaded a region after it ceased to exist?Also just so you know where I stand on the nuclear assault if someone dropped one nuke on my nation I would also hit them with disproportionate retaliation.As the old saying goes,"Paybacks are a bitch!"

(OOC)I mean no offence by this but is English not your first language?I read the proposal and over half of it made absolutely no sense to me without taking that possibility into account.Seems to be very broken and clunky sounding when read.I will be voting against strictly for this fact.
The Ambassador Elect of The Political Efficiency Accord Dr.Nigel Roosevelt author of GA Resolution #126Extinction Preparation Act
Economic Left/Right: -0.88 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
Warzone Codger wrote:Well this is surely an interesting voting spilt.

You've beaten all 5 Feeders, XKI, Region Inc, Capitalist Paradise, (and edit: Gatesville) (the latter 4 being user regions who have more endos than one feeder) ALL voting against.
Intellect and the Arts wrote:Have you ever considered that there exist perspectives other than your own and equally as valid, or do you claim infallible omniscience by virtue of the houseboat you lovingly inhabit on de Nial?
Memebr of the WASO

Central Nation
Civil Servant

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Nation » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:59 pm

Millsa wrote:
Central Nation wrote:

Okay so from what I can see the nation accused invaded a nation that has ceased to exist or never existed. If the 2nd option out of the two is true then why was this brought to the WAs attention, the land that was allegedly invaded does not exist in which case this part of the proposel would be void.

The Nuclear incident (from what I can see) has problems with it aswell. First, The Accused nation was not the aggressor, if anything he/she was trying to send a messege to knock it off. Sending 5 nukes is very typical in nuclear warfare, in which the objective is to eliminate Strategic Military Targets. Things like large cities, ports, airbases, silos and shipping yards would have been on list. In conclusion Deconiate may not have known the extent of the aggressors WMD arsenal so in responce Deconiate sent 5 Nukes to strike strategic targets within said nation.

I would like to provide you evidence that former Sunshine State of Florida had existed on Nationstates: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=28046
and
our regional forum: http://na.halberd.org/index.php?topic=732.0

After Florida left, Deconiate decides to occupy the former Sunshine State of Florida and that made Ritzakstan and one of his ally to stop Deconiate. This is when Deconiate decides to brutally execute citizens, military leaders, city officials, and federal (state officials) government leaders. This when Central Nation came in and started bombing campaigns on Deconiate soil and then Wailfolk a new country to North America decides to nuke Deconiate.

Let me put this: Nuclear warfare threatens the stability and security of a region and the international community. I agree war is ugly and it is bad. If Wailfolk launched 5 nukes against Deconiate and Deconiate retaliated back with unspecific numbers of nuke, then its nuclear war and a whole different story. Again, nuclear war is ugly and very bad and a lot of people will die of radiation sickness.

Since I said that Deconiate have their leader as a God, Ritzakstan calls Deconiate a false god. Central Nation calls Deconiate a false god. Now, the World Assembly decides to let the false god win without a condemnation on their country. Sadly, I see the proposal is getting killed. I solely hope our WA members know what they are doing. Take care and live long and prosper!
Regards,

President Ryan Bagwell
North America

Andorianus
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Andorianus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:48 pm

AGAINST
This draft did not convince me. Executing rebels and people who try to cross the border, and illegally annexing a single country is not enough to recieve a condemnation IMHO.
Last edited by Andorianus on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the people, the government, and the community of Andorianus.
Economic Left/Right: -1.88 Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64
GENERATION 31: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"In American football, you make a touchdown. In Soviet football, touch makes down YOU!!!"
(PS: Ever played Soviet football? It sucks.)
"In Soviet C&C Firestorm, system is slave to YOU!"
"In America, you rob a private-owned bank. In Soviet Russia, state-owned bank robs YOU!!!"
Risottia wrote:If you think that avoid killing civilians is a failure, I don't like your idea of success.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives