NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Kranostav

A record of historical World Assembly debates.
User avatar
Pallaith
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Sep 20, 2015
Democratic Socialists

[PASSED] Commend Kranostav

Postby Pallaith » Sat Mar 15, 2025 1:46 am

These days most players probably haven't heard of my good buddy Kranostav (known better as Tlomz). This is striking because he is a crucial link in the chain of key players in TNP who made it a modern WA juggernaut, and is probably one of only two people who are personally responsible with staffing our WA ministry with all the big names and author talent that it has had over the years. He more than most players in our region, or most regions I know, has devoted most of his time in this game toward developing relations with the WA and working on the WA itself. A lot of gameplayers pride themselves on their relationships and the diplomatic benefits they bring, and Tlomz had this skill too, just applied to a very particular aspect of the game. Anyone who is a long-time part of the WA community has certainly talked to him, worked with him, relied on him to be a bridge between them and other regions on WA matters. And though circumstances render him mostly retired from this game, he continues to be a crucial resource to places where he had established bonds, and he is always around to step up, however briefly, if his services are required.

I think this game has a lot of important actors who make the gears turn and are often relegated to the background. One thing I like to do is recognize these players, and give them a much-deserved nod. I think it's time for this assembly to give such a nod to Tlomz. There's something like 20 characters left, so any new content will have to involve revising existing stuff. As always, I expect the final form of this proposal will take shape with your help, and I hope you will lend a hand.

The Security Council,

Convinced that without the service and contributions of Kranostav, the impact and influence of their region on the multiverse and this assembly would be far smaller, leaving both worse off;

Recalling their early work organizing to enhance the influence of like-minded regions in the World Assembly (WA) as delegate of the World Assembly Conservative Party (WACP), notable for being one of a few short-lived blocs in operation at the time and vastly outnumbered ideologically, and their brave stand against the Nazis who corrupted and assumed control of that bloc by promising greater influence, ultimately leaving Kranostav ousted and without a home;

Grateful for their direct contributions to the WA:

  • GAR#423: Repeal: Promoting Sustainable Timber, which recognized the counter-productive impact of the target resolution on member nation economies and the favoring of unsustainable practices by non-member states, and protected this industry from misguided interference for nearly seven years until the passage of GAR#768;
  • GAR#460: Astronomical Data Repository, which created the definitive process for gathering and disseminating information about outer space, passed the assembly by 94.4%, the most of any general resolution at the time and the fifth highest to this day, and achieved what was thought impossible given the long and contentious period of dueling space-related resolutions;

Impressed with their prolific work in The North Pacific (TNP) Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, where for nearly a year they were the primary voice for the region’s disposition on all proposals before ascending to Minister, where they served for a year and emphasized outreach to other regions and authors to build cooperation and expand the region’s WA influence beyond its vote, recruiting many of the key nations that would dominate the ministry in the years ahead and connecting the region more closely to the General Assembly by recruiting its authors;

Celebrating their role as a managing organizer of the first WA Symposium, which set the standard for such events in the future and laid a foundation for more constructive discourse around this crucial institution;

Praising their efforts as Minister of Foreign Affairs in TNP:

  • Launching an ambitious program to utilize the region’s WA voting power and expertise to strengthen bonds and potentially form diplomatic relations with regions interested in the WA, by assisting the passage of their resolutions through TNP’s vote and campaigning, a strategy future delegates continued to pursue and perfect when crafting diplomatic and WA policy;
  • Representing TNP in collaboration with all other feeder regions to plan and organize what would eventually become the first Pacific-Con;
  • Helping the delegate finally re-establish relations with [region]Lazarus[region] through The Incorporated Rum Pact, after three years of little contact following that region’s civil war, and establishing a rather underrated but meaningful alliance in the years to come;

Setting the record straight about their often overlooked period as Delegate of TNP, during which:

  • TNP’s well-regarded cards guild became a fully supported government ministry and one of the primary focuses of its activity;
  • The first organized effort to aid aspiring WA authors was developed and served as template for future similar projects which were ultimately rolled into the successful Heroes of Valhalla program;
  • One of the first quorum raiding agreements was negotiated despite a prolonged period of chilly relations working with raider organizations, preventing TNP’s authors and the authors of its allies from being targeted or being impacted as collateral due to other targets in queue at the same time;

Appreciating the transparency Kranostav continues to foster as a permanent archivist in TNP collecting, curating, and releasing private government records to the public, a role few accept and which was formalized by the process they pioneered as delegate when they brought the government up to date on releasing private delegate records for the first and only time since automatic releases were mandated by law;

Underlining their time as the longest serving Court Examiner in the region’s history, where they challenge government actions no other citizen can request be reviewed, and which has allowed the Court to update long-defunct rulings and practices and clarify an opaque, difficult to parse legal system;

Recognizing their service as a recurring member of TNP’s Security Council and their role as primary administrator in Blue Ridge, which demonstrate their constant, quiet presence and the trust they have built all over even as their public persona has largely faded into memory, and that their guidance has been crucial not only for every administration since they arrived in TNP, but also this assembly;

Hereby commends Kranostav.


EDIT: Reworked TBH quorum raid clause, consolidated Blue Ridge clause, made suggested minor grammar edits
EDIT: Expanded on quorum raiding clause
Last edited by Crazy girl on Sun Apr 20, 2025 9:49 am, edited 6 times in total.
The Rebellious Revenants of Pallaith

Former capital district of the nation Ghostopolis
Represented by Ambassador Malcolm Specter on the international stage

User avatar
Honeydewistania
Senator
 
Posts: 3970
Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Honeydewistania » Sat Mar 15, 2025 8:39 am

I'm curious as to why exactly there is a record that needs to be set straight regarding the delegacy tenure. With all these achievements worth celebrating, why did voters feel the need to vote them out in a landslide after just one term?
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

User avatar
Pallaith
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Sep 20, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pallaith » Sat Mar 15, 2025 12:58 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:I'm curious as to why exactly there is a record that needs to be set straight regarding the delegacy tenure. With all these achievements worth celebrating, why did voters feel the need to vote them out in a landslide after just one term?

The idea of setting the record straight has nothing to do with the outcome of his failed re-election bid. It’s acknowledging that his tenure often feels as if it’s fallen through the cracks and most are unaware of what transpired. This is in part due to events that happened after he was delegate. His opponent in that race was McM, the most prolific and successful candidate the region has ever seen. I dare say no one would have been able to beat him, so this feels a bit like a cheap shot. I could certainly describe this clause a bit differently though if that phrasing lends itself to the wrong conclusions.
The Rebellious Revenants of Pallaith

Former capital district of the nation Ghostopolis
Represented by Ambassador Malcolm Specter on the international stage

User avatar
Astrobolt
Diplomat
 
Posts: 779
Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Astrobolt » Sat Mar 15, 2025 1:07 pm

Strongly opposed if the TBH clause remains in the resolution.
XKI FA Secretary
TITO Tactical Officer
Co-author of GAR #776: Repeal: "Aircraft Terrorism Prohibition” (with The Byrdlands and Haymarket Riot)
Ambassador to the WA: Mr. Reede Tappe


For a detailed list of positions, and other things of note, click here.

User avatar
Rhaza
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1327
Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rhaza » Sat Mar 15, 2025 2:36 pm

Support for the nominee.

I’d advise removing the TBH clause, not just for ideological reasons but because setting that aside, any progress in that regard has clearly been undone entirely. I don’t doubt there are better foreign policy achievements of Tlomz’s, which still exist/matter, that can be included.

I also think you should remove the Blue Ridge line. It’s an OOC role and even then, it’s not like he built tech or infrastructure like a forum. Being an OOC administrator isn’t commendable, I get what you’re going for with the trust angle but this specific clause doesn’t land imo.

User avatar
Pallaith
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Sep 20, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pallaith » Sat Mar 15, 2025 5:19 pm

Astrobolt wrote:Strongly opposed if the TBH clause remains in the resolution.


I really shouldn’t be surprised by this, I guess, but that doesn’t make this any less exhausting. This proposal is concerned with recognizing the significance of achieving an agreement on quorum raiding, at a time before it was widely used and a significant target for defenders, with an organization that at the time of the agreement was not even on good terms with TNP. I don’t care how you feel about TBH or about quorum raiding, that alone is impressive. This resolution would not assert that better relations with TBH are objectively good or that quorum raiding is or is not acceptable. I would hope you can recognize the accomplishment is in fact meaningful and does not constitute endorsing anyone or any practices.

Even so, I wouldn’t stake the success of the resolution on this clause, because it wasn’t the kind of historical event that defined an era or anything. I just don’t feel good about plucking it out because defenders don’t ever like to see their enemies as part of a neutral or, God forbid, positive thing in a historical narrative. I think it’s silly and one-dimensional. I’m inclined to fight to keep it in and push back against knee-jerk ideological squabbling.

I am responding to this as an ideological objection, as you did not make this clear the way Quebec did in his response. If your take is more along the lines of his, then I suppose most of this doesn’t apply to you. I suspect there’s plenty for whom it does, however.

Rhaza wrote:Support for the nominee.

I’d advise removing the TBH clause, not just for ideological reasons but because setting that aside, any progress in that regard has clearly been undone entirely. I don’t doubt there are better foreign policy achievements of Tlomz’s, which still exist/matter, that can be included.

I also think you should remove the Blue Ridge line. It’s an OOC role and even then, it’s not like he built tech or infrastructure like a forum. Being an OOC administrator isn’t commendable, I get what you’re going for with the trust angle but this specific clause doesn’t land imo.


As for the achievement being undone, I do not agree that the long-term status of the achievement negates the achievement in its historical context, but I do agree that obviously given how TNP currently engages with TBH, we wouldn’t exactly celebrate that at some point in the past this happened. Celebrating it and acknowledging that it happened and historically was significant are not the same thing, and I have much more tolerance for the latter. That being said, it’s not hard for me to imagine a historically significant move that would rub me the wrong way with today’s context. Because this was important in how historical events played out, I’m willing to recognize it here, but I won’t pretend I don’t understand why treating it as a big thing wouldn’t feel quite right even if it was almost 5 years ago. I suppose limiting this to just the quorum raid agreement and acknowledging that it would be difficult because of the frosty relations at the time would retain the most important aspect of this clause, and I could live with that. Could you?

Regarding the Blue Ridge administrator, this was initially rolled into the final paragraph to hit on the quiet presence as a trusted guide continuing beyond his active period in GP. It felt awkward there and it was much cleaner as its own clause. I considered it similar to the reference to Europeia in my commendation of Siwale, which was part of the final concluding clause. Do you feel that treatment would make it a better fit for the resolution? It certainly wasn’t my intent to suggest simply being an admin in a regional forum is commendable, and I suppose isolating it the way this draft does tends to give off that impression.

Appreciate the feedback.
The Rebellious Revenants of Pallaith

Former capital district of the nation Ghostopolis
Represented by Ambassador Malcolm Specter on the international stage

User avatar
Repreteop
Minister
 
Posts: 2426
Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Repreteop » Sat Mar 15, 2025 5:21 pm

I have checked out Blue Ridge. Really good place. I think Kranostav deserves a commendation, full support.
ding

User avatar
Astrobolt
Diplomat
 
Posts: 779
Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Astrobolt » Sat Mar 15, 2025 6:18 pm

My primary objection for mentioning TBH has to do with Malice. For various reasons, I don’t believe any region that associates with Malice, should be mentioned in a SC resolution.

Aside from that and any ideological objections, praising someone for reopening the door with a griefer group is out of place in a Commend. It makes little sense why, from the WA’s perspective, the ability for regions to cooperate with raiders is a good thing. And I will note, merely the presence of this clause, implies that cooperation with TBH is a good thing, especially in a commend. I don’t exactly agree Ghost, with your claim that the resolution doesn’t assert this.
Last edited by Astrobolt on Sat Mar 15, 2025 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XKI FA Secretary
TITO Tactical Officer
Co-author of GAR #776: Repeal: "Aircraft Terrorism Prohibition” (with The Byrdlands and Haymarket Riot)
Ambassador to the WA: Mr. Reede Tappe


For a detailed list of positions, and other things of note, click here.

User avatar
Ambroscus Koth
Minister
 
Posts: 2158
Founded: May 06, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Sat Mar 15, 2025 7:24 pm

My primary objection for mentioning Lazarus has to do with XKI. For various reasons, I don’t believe any region that associates with XKI, should be mentioned in a SC resolution.

Aside from that and any ideological objections, praising someone for reopening the door with a defender group is out of place in a Commend. It makes little sense why, from the WA’s perspective, the ability for regions to cooperate with defenders is a good thing. And I will note, merely the presence of this clause, implies that cooperation with XKI is a good thing, especially in a commend. I don’t exactly agree Ghost, with your claim that the resolution doesn’t assert this.
Patience pays off.

User avatar
Pallaith
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Sep 20, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pallaith » Sun Mar 16, 2025 12:50 am

Repreteop wrote:I have checked out Blue Ridge. Really good place. I think Kranostav deserves a commendation, full support.

Thanks.

Astrobolt wrote:My primary objection for mentioning TBH has to do with Malice. For various reasons, I don’t believe any region that associates with Malice, should be mentioned in a SC resolution.

Aside from that and any ideological objections, praising someone for reopening the door with a griefer group is out of place in a Commend. It makes little sense why, from the WA’s perspective, the ability for regions to cooperate with raiders is a good thing. And I will note, merely the presence of this clause, implies that cooperation with TBH is a good thing, especially in a commend. I don’t exactly agree Ghost, with your claim that the resolution doesn’t assert this.

I certainly hope that your position is not that mentioning them at all is going to be a dealbreaker for you, regardless of context. As someone who continues to enforce the sanctions against BoM and their allies, I find it strange how one could see mentioning TBH (because of that affiliation) in a descriptive, historical way, without actually giving them direct praise or celebrating them, to be problematic. There's nothing more to be said if that is your position. If it's not, read on.

We'll have to agree to disagree on whether the mention of this constitutes declaring it is a good thing. I see your point, but I don't see it that way. We're telling a story of what this guy did, and the relationship with TBH was significant in its history, with all the implications that come with it. As I said earlier, however, it may just be better to adjust the clause to recognize the difficulty of pulling off this quorum raiding agreement rather than dwelling on future positive relations with TBH. I think it's important that Tlomz was able to make this agreement, as far as I can tell it is one of, if not the first of its kind, and when he did TNP was not working with TBH due to previous disagreements. We don't have to reflect on how this allowed relations to improve, but surely we can reflect on the importance of what was done there. As I asked Quebec, would this work for you?
The Rebellious Revenants of Pallaith

Former capital district of the nation Ghostopolis
Represented by Ambassador Malcolm Specter on the international stage

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6861
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Sun Mar 16, 2025 2:16 am

Like this one Ghost. Well written, detailed as per your usual high standards. I did suspect when I first read this yesterday that the TBH clause would get some pushback. It doesn’t worry me, I’m neutral on the politics around mentioning raider groups. Personally I think it’s an interesting historical note and an achievement of the nominee.

Couldn’t see anything possibly illegal in the draft.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Former Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart
Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

User avatar
Belleroph
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Dec 09, 2023
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Belleroph » Sun Mar 16, 2025 9:05 am

Another well written proposal, I always appreciate your work, Ghost.

The proposal seems more than fine as written in my opinion, a good variety of achievements and accomplishments presented in a nice, well rounded way. I have no comments on the mentions of TBH or BR, they seem to add to the overall narrative.
Senator of Internal Affairs for the New Pacific Order

"You can make your dream reality, be a shining star for all to see."

User avatar
Rhaza
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1327
Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rhaza » Sun Mar 16, 2025 9:40 am

Pallaith wrote:As for the achievement being undone, I do not agree that the long-term status of the achievement negates the achievement in its historical context, but I do agree that obviously given how TNP currently engages with TBH, we wouldn’t exactly celebrate that at some point in the past this happened. Celebrating it and acknowledging that it happened and historically was significant are not the same thing, and I have much more tolerance for the latter. That being said, it’s not hard for me to imagine a historically significant move that would rub me the wrong way with today’s context. Because this was important in how historical events played out, I’m willing to recognize it here, but I won’t pretend I don’t understand why treating it as a big thing wouldn’t feel quite right even if it was almost 5 years ago. I suppose limiting this to just the quorum raid agreement and acknowledging that it would be difficult because of the frosty relations at the time would retain the most important aspect of this clause, and I could live with that. Could you?


I agree with your underlined comment, but I suppose I consider a commendation to generally celebrate what it's mentioning.

Could you elaborate a bit more on its signifigance for us (at least here) maybe, if you want to keep it? I've never seen TBH to be particularly active in quorum raiding (especially versus say, TWPAF), and most TBH quorum raiding seems to be on self-interested things (like repeals of condemnations they care about) versus more ideoligical matters, like GA proposals.

I think, personally, for the purposes of recognizing Tlomz's positive accomplishments, it might be better to use something with a higher/realized utility to TNP, even if it didn't live to today in its original form.

Pallaith wrote:Regarding the Blue Ridge administrator, this was initially rolled into the final paragraph to hit on the quiet presence as a trusted guide continuing beyond his active period in GP. It felt awkward there and it was much cleaner as its own clause. I considered it similar to the reference to Europeia in my commendation of Siwale, which was part of the final concluding clause. Do you feel that treatment would make it a better fit for the resolution? It certainly wasn’t my intent to suggest simply being an admin in a regional forum is commendable, and I suppose isolating it the way this draft does tends to give off that impression.

Appreciate the feedback.


I mean no offense to Blue Ridge, I just don't understand anything about Tlomz's role there to be commendable. I went and looked at the Siwale/Europeia mention, I had missed it during that proposal's drafting. In that proposal it doesn't strike me as necessary, but the way it's used isn't a problem. Though I note the Siwale mention is about citizenship whereas this Blue Ridge mention is about being a Discord admin. The latter really isn't C&C material in my opinion, especially since as I understand it Tlomz hasn't done anything revolutionary for Blue Ridge's infrastructure in that role, or had to address anything drastic.

On a more narrative level, it can be argued that Siwale being a "vocal and stalwart" citizen of a commended region has some implied connection to his own commendability, which isn't a justification that can be used here for the Blue Ridge mention.

I understand why you used it, but is there anything else you can think of that might illustrate Tlomz's role beyond GP, which might be better, and also in-character?

User avatar
Pallaith
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Sep 20, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pallaith » Sun Mar 16, 2025 4:26 pm

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:Like this one Ghost. Well written, detailed as per your usual high standards. I did suspect when I first read this yesterday that the TBH clause would get some pushback. It doesn’t worry me, I’m neutral on the politics around mentioning raider groups. Personally I think it’s an interesting historical note and an achievement of the nominee.

Couldn’t see anything possibly illegal in the draft.


I appreciate that! Unfortunately I do have to keep a keener eye out for illegal phrases, I seem to like using them a lot.

Belleroph wrote:Another well written proposal, I always appreciate your work, Ghost.

The proposal seems more than fine as written in my opinion, a good variety of achievements and accomplishments presented in a nice, well rounded way. I have no comments on the mentions of TBH or BR, they seem to add to the overall narrative.


Thank you for saying so. Hopefully you continue to think so if we do tweak those clauses a bit, I think they won't ultimately harm the rest of the draft.

Rhaza wrote:I agree with your underlined comment, but I suppose I consider a commendation to generally celebrate what it's mentioning.

Could you elaborate a bit more on its signifigance for us (at least here) maybe, if you want to keep it? I've never seen TBH to be particularly active in quorum raiding (especially versus say, TWPAF), and most TBH quorum raiding seems to be on self-interested things (like repeals of condemnations they care about) versus more ideoligical matters, like GA proposals.

I think, personally, for the purposes of recognizing Tlomz's positive accomplishments, it might be better to use something with a higher/realized utility to TNP, even if it didn't live to today in its original form.

I mean no offense to Blue Ridge, I just don't understand anything about Tlomz's role there to be commendable. I went and looked at the Siwale/Europeia mention, I had missed it during that proposal's drafting. In that proposal it doesn't strike me as necessary, but the way it's used isn't a problem. Though I note the Siwale mention is about citizenship whereas this Blue Ridge mention is about being a Discord admin. The latter really isn't C&C material in my opinion, especially since as I understand it Tlomz hasn't done anything revolutionary for Blue Ridge's infrastructure in that role, or had to address anything drastic.

On a more narrative level, it can be argued that Siwale being a "vocal and stalwart" citizen of a commended region has some implied connection to his own commendability, which isn't a justification that can be used here for the Blue Ridge mention.

I understand why you used it, but is there anything else you can think of that might illustrate Tlomz's role beyond GP, which might be better, and also in-character?


Quorum raiding, to my memory, was first really discussed as a new dimension to R/D and tactics during the first WA Symposium in 2019, and even then it was mostly theoretical. The highest profile instances of it in the year that followed were targeted raids on proposals that the armies involved wanted to sink. This was the RTL crowd and TBH, and eventually on occasion anti-fascist action. You're right as far as TBH goes that they went after resolutions they cared about in particular, but that doesn't really matter. Over time these raids started to increase in frequency. As a few of these quorum raids impacted our authors and authors who were friends of ours as collateral damage (when they weren't the explicit target like Gorundu's repeal of Halo's commendation was), we felt that we had to take action to try to minimize these raids and discourage their application as much as possible. We were willing to utilize quorum raiding, but only in very specific situations, primarily anti-fascist action (which of course we saw play out in a huge way in early 2021). Since TBH was, at the time, the main perpetrator of quorum raiding that we had a prayer of negotiating with (RTL was doomed from the start, and I do not recall LWU doing their GA harassment campaign at this time), we made the effort. The poor relations between us and TBH underscored the conversation, made it a bit harder to pull off, but also created a shred of opportunity. It panned out really well (at the time), and not only made some history, it led to a positive result with this group and TNP. I certainly do not need to dwell on how it allowed us to work better together, but I think the agreement itself has historical value. The cooperation with TBH was important as a factor in future events and history as well, but that goes beyond Tlomz's efforts and is obviously more tenuous a point. I do not have any fundamental issue dropping that part of the clause. I do think that our nominee doing something important historical is worth mentioning, and I do believe TNP benefited from the agreement, as did our allies, because our interests were not limited to our own authors' work.

I was actually unaware of the precise nature of his admin work in Blue Ridge, I knew he was a root admin but again, the purpose of mentioning this was not to suggest his position there was commendable, but as a specific example of the trust he has in background roles in the communities in which he is involved. It was conceived as part of a whole, so in my view the "whole" needs to be more clearly demonstrated. Leaving it as a clause to itself is not going to work I think, so I will roll that into the next revision of the draft.
The Rebellious Revenants of Pallaith

Former capital district of the nation Ghostopolis
Represented by Ambassador Malcolm Specter on the international stage

User avatar
Adkissa
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 408
Founded: Mar 13, 2024
Democratic Socialists

Postby Adkissa » Wed Mar 19, 2025 12:26 am

Unwaveringly in support, regardless of whether the TBH and Blue Ridge clauses are included or not. Tlomz is undoubtedly one of the most reliable people I have met on this site, and it’s been nothing short of an honor to work alongside him in Blue Ridge.

Assuming I’m not sleeping when this hits vote, I’ll be stacking this.

Edit: Just thought to add this, but Tlomz is the Root Administrator in BR since he’s our only official admin (all others are simply moderators). I am unaware of what initial contributions he made to our general moderation policy, but I know that in my time here, he has been a massive assistance to our lesser-trained native moderators.
Last edited by Adkissa on Wed Mar 19, 2025 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
❖ Backroad Bystander of Adkissa ❖
Retired
people with conscience are horrified at what happened to him

User avatar
Amalteia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Oct 25, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby Amalteia » Wed Mar 19, 2025 2:18 am

hi again Pallaith!

i meant to read this when I read "Commend ROM" but i fell asleep at the keyboard and haven't gotten a chance to take a better look until this morning. this is great!! here's what i would change

Pallaith wrote:became a fully-supported government

"fully supported", as adverbs ending in ly should not be hyphenated (like visually impaired or rapidly declining)
Suggestion wrote:TNP’s well-regarded cards guild became a fully supported government ministry and one of the primary focuses of its activity;

Pallaith wrote:Underlining their time as the longest serving Court Examiner

ironically, you might need a hyphen here, for "longest-serving" (compound adjective before a noun). maybe keep some sort of tense consistency too
Suggestion wrote:Underlining their time as the longest-serving Court Examiner in the region’s history, where they challenged government actions no other citizen could request be reviewed, which has allowed the Court to update long-defunct rulings and practices and clarify an opaque, difficult to parse legal system;

Pallaith wrote:what would eventually be the first Pacific-Con;

personally i like "become" better than i like "be" here but it's 100 percent up to you
Suggestion wrote:Representing TNP in collaboration with all other feeder regions to plan and organize what would eventually become the first Pacific-Con;

Pallaith wrote:public persona has largely faded to memory

now this is very subjective, but i've never heard "faded to memory". iirc there's "faded from memory" and "faded into memory" (that means the opposite) you could use. maybe it's an American phrase ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Suggestion wrote:Recognizing their service as a recurring member of TNP’s Security Council, that this and the other recent roles demonstrate their constant, quiet presence even as their public persona has largely faded from memory, and that their guidance has been crucial not only for every administration since they arrived in TNP, but also this assembly;

Pallaith wrote:Recognizing their service as a recurring member of TNP’s Security Council, that this and the other recent roles demonstrate their constant, quiet presence

this is also a pretty subjective one, but i think that my suggestion could flow a little better:
Suggestion wrote:Recognizing their service as a recurring member of TNP’s Security Council and their other recent roles, which demonstrate their constant, quiet presence even as their public persona has largely faded to memory, and acknowledging that their guidance has been crucial not only for every administration since they arrived in TNP but also for this assembly;


i also see that you sometimes capitalise the word Delegate and sometimes you don't. is there a reason for this?
i think that's all. have a good one! :)
the 121st Greatest of All Time of Amalteia
Minister of Wor
ld Assembly Affairs of Europeia
they/them

User avatar
Pallaith
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Sep 20, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pallaith » Tue Mar 25, 2025 7:42 pm

Well it's been a bit since I have had a chance to work on this, but here we go. Hope the changes help make this more palatable to at least some of you who had objections.

Adkissa wrote:Unwaveringly in support, regardless of whether the TBH and Blue Ridge clauses are included or not. Tlomz is undoubtedly one of the most reliable people I have met on this site, and it’s been nothing short of an honor to work alongside him in Blue Ridge.

Assuming I’m not sleeping when this hits vote, I’ll be stacking this.

Edit: Just thought to add this, but Tlomz is the Root Administrator in BR since he’s our only official admin (all others are simply moderators). I am unaware of what initial contributions he made to our general moderation policy, but I know that in my time here, he has been a massive assistance to our lesser-trained native moderators.

I appreciate the support, and the info.

Amalteia wrote:hi again Pallaith!

i meant to read this when I read "Commend ROM" but i fell asleep at the keyboard and haven't gotten a chance to take a better look until this morning. this is great!! here's what i would change


"fully supported", as adverbs ending in ly should not be hyphenated (like visually impaired or rapidly declining)
Suggestion wrote:TNP’s well-regarded cards guild became a fully supported government ministry and one of the primary focuses of its activity;


ironically, you might need a hyphen here, for "longest-serving" (compound adjective before a noun). maybe keep some sort of tense consistency too
Suggestion wrote:Underlining their time as the longest-serving Court Examiner in the region’s history, where they challenged government actions no other citizen could request be reviewed, which has allowed the Court to update long-defunct rulings and practices and clarify an opaque, difficult to parse legal system;


personally i like "become" better than i like "be" here but it's 100 percent up to you
Suggestion wrote:Representing TNP in collaboration with all other feeder regions to plan and organize what would eventually become the first Pacific-Con;


now this is very subjective, but i've never heard "faded to memory". iirc there's "faded from memory" and "faded into memory" (that means the opposite) you could use. maybe it's an American phrase ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Suggestion wrote:Recognizing their service as a recurring member of TNP’s Security Council, that this and the other recent roles demonstrate their constant, quiet presence even as their public persona has largely faded from memory, and that their guidance has been crucial not only for every administration since they arrived in TNP, but also this assembly;


this is also a pretty subjective one, but i think that my suggestion could flow a little better:
Suggestion wrote:Recognizing their service as a recurring member of TNP’s Security Council and their other recent roles, which demonstrate their constant, quiet presence even as their public persona has largely faded to memory, and acknowledging that their guidance has been crucial not only for every administration since they arrived in TNP but also for this assembly;


i also see that you sometimes capitalise the word Delegate and sometimes you don't. is there a reason for this?
i think that's all. have a good one! :)

Thanks for the feedback, I have adopted it.

Open to hearing more as needed, we have a bit of character room now.
The Rebellious Revenants of Pallaith

Former capital district of the nation Ghostopolis
Represented by Ambassador Malcolm Specter on the international stage

User avatar
Pallaith
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Sep 20, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pallaith » Sat Apr 05, 2025 1:19 am

Well since I have updated my other draft, I figured I would refresh this thread as well. No new changes since the last one, but given how opinionated this draft has made some of you, I hope you can let me soon if there's anything else in need of addressing. I can wait a bit longer on submitting this one since I'll be getting the other draft into the queue first.

EDIT: I modified the quorum raiding clause, it takes advantage of some additional characters I had and fleshes out more of why I put that in there in the first place.
Last edited by Pallaith on Mon Apr 07, 2025 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Rebellious Revenants of Pallaith

Former capital district of the nation Ghostopolis
Represented by Ambassador Malcolm Specter on the international stage

User avatar
Pallaith
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Sep 20, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pallaith » Sun Apr 13, 2025 9:54 pm

This has now been submitted. I look forward to your votes and support, should you be so inclined!
The Rebellious Revenants of Pallaith

Former capital district of the nation Ghostopolis
Represented by Ambassador Malcolm Specter on the international stage

User avatar
Dengist China
Minister
 
Posts: 3230
Founded: Jan 08, 2025
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dengist China » Sun Apr 13, 2025 9:56 pm

Pallaith wrote:This has now been submitted. I look forward to your votes and support, should you be so inclined!

Looks good! Will ask my Delegate to approve.
https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vi ... 1744606399
link above.
Current:
Governor of Tinga
Master of the arts of Empires Forever United
House Speaker & Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Aesica

Former:
Speaker of the Damned of Hell
Ambassador of Hell to Hells Lounge
Embassy officer of Regionless.
Tingan Minister of Foreign Affairs
Tingan Roleplay Manager
Tingan General Secretary/Sec of Sec
Haymarket Riot wrote:Cool, I identify as a mod.

*bans player for transphobia*
Lusitanic wrote:I prayed "God, make my enemies ridiculous"... and He sent me to General on the NationStates forums.

User avatar
Adkissa
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 408
Founded: Mar 13, 2024
Democratic Socialists

Postby Adkissa » Sun Apr 13, 2025 10:00 pm

Approved within seconds of seeing the telegram. Can’t wait to vote for this! :P
❖ Backroad Bystander of Adkissa ❖
Retired
people with conscience are horrified at what happened to him

User avatar
Fachumonn
Minister
 
Posts: 2327
Founded: Apr 11, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Fachumonn » Mon Apr 14, 2025 3:22 pm

Full throttled support.

"There is a crack, a crack, in everything. That's how the light gets in." - Leonard Cohen

WA Ambassador: Kostas Stelios | Pronouns: He/Him | RL Ideology: Democratic Socialism
"We're talking about Fachy the brokeass" - Cessarea
"Welcome back to the Intfed final boss" - JL
Curse you Fachummonjnjnwenivnjiwevnjk!!!!! - Bisofeyr
"Why does the delegation from Fachumonn have no chill? Kostas Stelios needs to relax, for real." - Excidium Planetis
Positions/Accomplishments.
GA Community Resources.
Arsenal Football Club, forever loved, eternal breaker of hearts.

User avatar
Lumeris
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 114
Founded: Sep 11, 2024
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lumeris » Mon Apr 14, 2025 3:25 pm

Full Support!

User avatar
Solvora
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Apr 06, 2025
Ex-Nation

Postby Solvora » Wed Apr 16, 2025 3:21 pm

Hey everyone on the Council, Solvora's gonna throw a 'For' vote on this Kranostav thing. Seems like they've been doing some solid work, helping their region out and all that WA jazz.
We appreciate folks who just get things done without a bunch of fuss. So, yeah, Kranostav, keep it chill and keep contributing. We're good with this one

User avatar
Gre Milotramia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 124
Founded: Apr 08, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby Gre Milotramia » Wed Apr 16, 2025 4:04 pm

Another Ghost banger as always. FOR!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads