NATION

PASSWORD

Silly and/or Illegal GA Proposals. zOMG!

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:55 pm

This has a thread
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:01 pm

GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: theglactic_1300591516
Keeping leaders in power

A resolution to restrict political freedoms in the interest of law and order.

Category: Political Stability

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: Theglactic

Description: due to the unstability between nations and regions we declare that all current leaders stay in power for life

Approvals: 0

Voting Ends: in 3 days

Badly written, badly argued, possible strength violation and ideological ban.
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 03, 2010
Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:03 pm

Frenequesta wrote:
ID: theglactic_1300591516
Keeping leaders in power

Description: due to the unstability between nations and regions we declare that all current leaders stay in power for life

Badly written, badly argued, possible strength violation and ideological ban.

And that's not going to cause massive instability in Democracies. :roll:

Economic Left/Right: -0.63 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97
Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:32 pm

ID: just_guy_1300590121
Repeal "Stem Cells For Greater Health"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation

Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#49

Proposed by: Just Guy

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #49: Stem Cells For Greater Health (Category: Social Justice; Strength: Significant) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Repeal “Stem Cells for Greater Health”

Peoples and/or Sentient Things of the Assembling World,

Article 1 – The Meaning of Death

Understanding the tears of pollutants and radioactive transistor radios, which will iridescently dwindle with a certain belittling glow because Stems Cells are bad;

Article 2 – When Soup Is Cold

Noting that there is nothing that Cells can do till pumpkins are Cells and Soup meets Chocolate goodies in this lovely institution of FROGHOGWASHINESS DISSONANCE (!!!);

Article 4 – Distinctions of a Sheep and a Dreaming Staircase

Impressed by not very much, and certainly not impressed by the World Assembly promoting Stems Cells especially for “Greater Health”, it would have been acceptable to say “Chocolate Cake for Greater Health” or “Recreational Intercourse for Greater Health”... but “Stems Cells for Greater Health”!?

Article 5 – The Windowpane Kiss

Bearing in mind the principles of the General Assembly to make the world a better place which is much different than a greater health, just because people are healthier doesn't mean the place is better... the health of mother-in-laws is negatively correlated with the betterment of the world;

Article 6 – Life Penalty By Disco Electro-cution

Observing that magic is good and can be used instead of Stem Cells that is if one has a broomstick to fly and eat toads and melt castles with beams of cascading lists of lettered ink rain;

Article 7 – Phoenixes Brush The Ash Out Of Their Teeth

Thinking about stem cells as bubble gum that fell in love one day with the spine of a goat and made a love child that hummed a tune like do-do-do which kind of sounds like the sound of “Stem Cells for Greater Health” being hereby repealed.

What the censored? Badly worded - almost like a joke - and no operative clause.
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255

Cool Egg Sandwich
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cool Egg Sandwich » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:34 pm

Moronist Decisions wrote:
ID: just_guy_1300590121
Repeal "Stem Cells For Greater Health"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation

Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#49

Proposed by: Just Guy

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #49: Stem Cells For Greater Health (Category: Social Justice; Strength: Significant) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Repeal “Stem Cells for Greater Health”

Peoples and/or Sentient Things of the Assembling World,

Article 1 – The Meaning of Death

Understanding the tears of pollutants and radioactive transistor radios, which will iridescently dwindle with a certain belittling glow because Stems Cells are bad;

Article 2 – When Soup Is Cold

Noting that there is nothing that Cells can do till pumpkins are Cells and Soup meets Chocolate goodies in this lovely institution of FROGHOGWASHINESS DISSONANCE (!!!);

Article 4 – Distinctions of a Sheep and a Dreaming Staircase

Impressed by not very much, and certainly not impressed by the World Assembly promoting Stems Cells especially for “Greater Health”, it would have been acceptable to say “Chocolate Cake for Greater Health” or “Recreational Intercourse for Greater Health”... but “Stems Cells for Greater Health”!?

Article 5 – The Windowpane Kiss

Bearing in mind the principles of the General Assembly to make the world a better place which is much different than a greater health, just because people are healthier doesn't mean the place is better... the health of mother-in-laws is negatively correlated with the betterment of the world;

Article 6 – Life Penalty By Disco Electro-cution

Observing that magic is good and can be used instead of Stem Cells that is if one has a broomstick to fly and eat toads and melt castles with beams of cascading lists of lettered ink rain;

Article 7 – Phoenixes Brush The Ash Out Of Their Teeth

Thinking about stem cells as bubble gum that fell in love one day with the spine of a goat and made a love child that hummed a tune like do-do-do which kind of sounds like the sound of “Stem Cells for Greater Health” being hereby repealed.

Moronist Decisions wrote:What the censored? Badly worded - almost like a joke - and no operative clause.

It's definitely a joke.
Mr. Mickey Darke,
Ambassador to the World Assembly from Cool Egg Sandwich

WA Delegate from The Dirty South
Phish phan and Student of History
Member of NatSov 2.0
Author
: GAR #139, GAR #152 (Repeal)

Just Guy
Envoy

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Just Guy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:20 am

I am very offended you consider my fine proposal a joke. Furthermore, had you actually read it, it is quite evident that there is indeed an operative clause.
Elindra doing the Defenders' propaganda for the day:
Kshrlmnt wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:Defenders are naturally disadvantaged in NationStates

One thing I like about raiding.

Cool Egg Sandwich
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cool Egg Sandwich » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:21 am

Just Guy wrote:I am very offended you consider my fine proposal a joke. Furthermore, had you actually read it, it is quite evident that there is indeed an operative clause.

Not only did I read it, I approved it!
Mr. Mickey Darke,
Ambassador to the World Assembly from Cool Egg Sandwich

WA Delegate from The Dirty South
Phish phan and Student of History
Member of NatSov 2.0
Author
: GAR #139, GAR #152 (Repeal)

Just Guy
Envoy

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Just Guy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:32 am

That was directed at Moronist Decisions. :)
Elindra doing the Defenders' propaganda for the day:
Kshrlmnt wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:Defenders are naturally disadvantaged in NationStates

One thing I like about raiding.

Knootoss
Senator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Knootoss » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:10 am

Repeal "Permit Male Circumcision"

Argument: RECOGNIZING the false fact that male circumcision may be performed for any medical reason.

BEING AWARE that male circumcision was introduced in some countries centuries ago to prevent easy masturbation.

ALSO AWARE that masturbation most commonly is recognized as bad not only morally, but most religiously.

INFORMING that male circumcision is a religious act that has no medical reasons and exposes babies for unnecessary pain and health risk.

HEREBY,
REPEALS Resoulution #141, "Permit Male Circumcision".

I think this one is pretty hilarious, on account of using an urban legend as the basis for a repeal. And even if the urban legend were true... it .. makes.. no .. sense.

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Knootoss
Senator

Postby Knootoss » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:10 am

Also endorsed Just Guys resolution btw!

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:09 am

Raisng the trade tarniff

Category: Free Trade

Description: this would put a enourmous tarniff on foreign goods from other regions it would encourage buying at home products and it would create new reveanue

That's not Free Trade: and what's a tarniff? :palm:
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Founded: Nov 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:15 am

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:
Raisng the trade tarniff

Description: this would put a enourmous tarniff on foreign goods from other regions it would encourage buying at home products and it would create new reveanue

Its like a turnip.
Member of The South and Osiris
Representing Mahaj in the World Assembly.
The Mahaj Factbook.

Author of Missing Minors Act (Repealed) and In Regards to Cloning
Mike the Progressive wrote:
Brogavia wrote:Fuck bitches, get money.
You shall be my god.

Georgism wrote:Fuck off you cunt, I'm always nice.

NERVUN wrote:Yog zap!

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:I am the Urinater..... I'll be back.

Jedi Utopians wrote:5) Now, saying that a nation couldn't be part of OPEC would be bold. AIPEC sounds like something you'd want to get checked out by a physician for.

Motuka
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Motuka » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:05 am

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:
Just Guy wrote:I am very offended you consider my fine proposal a joke. Furthermore, had you actually read it, it is quite evident that there is indeed an operative clause.

Not only did I read it, I approved it!

I would have approved it had I the powers of delegacy in my region.

quick, everyone endorse me <.<
World Assembly Personnel: Sandor Kaji ~ Julian Kbitaru

Political compass: Approximately -8 Social/+1 Economic (OOC); -6 Social/+9 Economic (IC) ~ Making Maps [suggestions welcome]

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:10 am

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:
Raisng the trade tarniff

We are completely against raising tarniff's. It nothing but a weed and makes your lawn look crappy.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:11 am

Restricted use of Sonar
A resolution to develop industry around the world.

Category: Advancement of Industry
Area of Effect: Environmental Deregulation
Proposed by: Pecthonibis

Description: DEFINING: Sonar; a method for detecting and locating objects submerged in water by echolocation. Often used as guidance for submersible watercraft and boat.

RECOGNIZING: that the maintenance of a balance between the advances of modern life and the natural world is a vital but often neglected in the hope of the world’s continued prosperity. However it's one of the World Assembly's sole purposes to not only protect nations, & individual citizens, but also nature. As we ourselves are a part of nature and it's duty to protect our own.

REALIZING: That around the globe, nations are currently testing and beginning to deploy "active sonar" technology, which uses a extremely loud sound to detect submarines. But active sonar has been proven harmful to marine mammals and fish. That use of sonar it have been linked to a series of mass strandings and deaths of whales, and dolphins in recent years.

ACKNOWLEDGING: Whales, dolphins, and porpoises all have a weak sense of vision and of smell, and all use echolocation in a similar way to that of sonar. They first emit a frequency-modulated sound pulse. A large fatty deposit, sometimes called a melon, found in its head helps the mammal to focus the sound. All three species use echolocation as a means of balance, coordination, communication, and hunting.

NOTING: That the use of sonar can and has been shown to damage their melon's, and in certain cases even be fatal causing immense trauma to the head similar to that of a jet engine taking off in their ear. This is the reality that whales and other marine mammals face because of human-caused noise in the ocean. Manmade sound waves can drown out the noises that marine mammals rely on for their very survival, causing serious injury and even death.

DECLARES: That all member nations to limit the use of sonar during non-war times, to such measures as;
1.) Transferring of ships, submersible equipment, and or underwater machinery and/or Equipment.
2.) Underwater measurement surveys.

EXCEPTIONS:
1.) Only naval branches are given permission to use sonar during times of war, while other branches must receive signed permission from the nations leader.
2.) The law takes no affect on medical ships, or research vessels.
3.) The law may be temporarily repealed when cruise and or passenger ships have sunk.

KEYPOINTS:
1.) All WA nations are encourage to limit use of sonar in the right conditions (To be determined by the; Captain and/or Chief Mariner).
2.) The use of sonar is encouraged for movement of ships, submersible equipment, and or underwater machinery.

ENCOURAGES: All member nations to respect these rules in there every day to day diplomatic processes.

Just how is restricting sonar "advancement of industry"?

Not Ta'veren

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008

Postby Sanctaria » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:13 am

A thread already exists.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:14 am

Sanctaria wrote:A thread already exists.

I just discovered that. tried to delete, but you were too quick to post. so, away with you.

Not Ta'veren

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008

Postby Sanctaria » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:16 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Sanctaria wrote:A thread already exists.

I just discovered that. tried to delete, but you were too quick to post. so, away with you.

*flutters away*
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Creation of a world police
A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.

Category: International Security
Strength: Strong

Description: due to the unstabilty in the world we will need a special police force to control this chaos only then will there be peace.
Also with this world police i would say we need to spend at least 40% of the budget on this police force

Just how many times must folk be told "NO WORLD POLICE!", and seriously, 40% of everybodies budget? :palm:

Restricting speech
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency
Strength: Mild

Description: This purposal would limit the mass chaos in many nations and regions againest their noble goverments and leaders the people would not be able to overthrow their region delegates or leaders or world assembly members

WTF?

Not Ta'veren

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:50 pm

Syntax structure seems to be an alien concept to a few of the recent individuals who've submitted proposals.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:15 pm

Exapanding the miltary

Description: increase funding to the miltary by 30% and expand our branches of miltary to air force and sea force

From the same noodge who gave us the police of the world, we now have THIS. Does he really believe that most modern militaries DO NOT already have an air force or navy? Seriously?? Mandated increase in spending?

Yeah, for these 2 he gets the "Bloody Stupid" Badge

Not Ta'veren

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Exapanding the miltary

Description: increase funding to the miltary by 30% and expand our branches of miltary to air force and sea force

From the same noodge who gave us the police of the world, we now have THIS. Does he really believe that most modern militaries DO NOT already have an air force or navy? Seriously?? Mandated increase in spending?

What about a landlocked country?

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Exapanding the miltary

I think that the sea force could then be a traveling sea force, working within the seas of other nations.

Or just an invasion force, perhaps?
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:48 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:From the same noodge who gave us the police of the world, we now have THIS. Does he really believe that most modern militaries DO NOT already have an air force or navy? Seriously?? Mandated increase in spending?

lakes, rivers, bathtubs, whatever. don't be a noodge.

Not Ta'veren

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:58 pm

To: The Government of Grays Harbor

We hear that you may have a need for some little boats for your fledgling Bathtub Fleet
*sends kids' toy boats*

Just to not be completely unproductive ...

ID: rasael_1300679737
Kings Of Kings

Strength: Strong

Proposed by: Rasael

Description: Our countries rule, but not enough. The people have more authority than the governments do. The reason they were created was to "govern" the people. If we give more power to the people, the governments will be no more. I say do away with democratic resoultions. Let the kings do the job they were created for. TO RULE!

Ideological ban

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives