NATION

PASSWORD

Silly and/or Illegal GA Proposals. zOMG!

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Doomiedoomiedoom
Envoy

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Doomiedoomiedoom » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Supporting The Troops
A resolution to reduce income inequality and increase basic welfare.

Category: Social Justice
Strength: Strong
Proposed by: Alineoa

Description: ACKNOWLEDGING that if it wasn't for the troops of the Glorious States, we would not be living in a free world.

BELIEVING that all nations should pay respects to all those who have lost lives fighting for the freedom of their country.

NOTING that not all countries enforce compulsory military enlistment.

BUT FINDING that most free countries allow people to fight for their nation and that they do a heroic job.

ACTIONS involved in supporting the troops;

1. To ensure that all serving members and veterans are treated with the utmost respect.

2. To ensure that all troops have a trade or profession upon leaving the service, and that they have a job to turn to instead of umemployment.

BELIEVING that soldiers are all people and all people should have the right to work when they have left the service.

NOTING that not all countries treat soldiers with respect, and help them out at the time of leaving.

ALSO NOTING that many of the soldiers are left to rot in the squaller of the back streets of the nation that they risked their lives for.

RISKS that are involved if this isn't implemented;

1. The reduction in numbers of people leaving the service, meaning the increase of the young people being employed by the service due to the reduction of the available space.

2. Should people leave the service and not have the adequate welfare available to them, they may have no alternative than to commit crime in able to keep a roof above the heads of the wife and children.

3. Statistics which countries are proud to say are low such as crime, poverty and umemployment will increase massively.

4. If a soldier is incorrectly rehabilitated back into normal civilian life, they will be unable to hold down any job that they get, meaning a decline in the nations economy.

ACKNOWLEDGING that not all countries are highly financial or economical, but any effort is better than no effort at all.

IN CONCLUSION, all soldiers are people of the land in which they serve. They should be treated as so and supported upon leaving.

Nice sentiments, surely, but is this really something worthy of a resolution of its own? Mandated support?

I don't see what's wrong. We mandate support for our troops in good ol' Doomiedoomiedoom! (Lets ignore the fact my nation is one of the top 500 most extreme nations in the world....)
Sincerely,
Fredrik the VIII, ambassador of Doomiedoomiedoom.

Darenjo
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Darenjo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Doomiedoomiedoom wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:
Nice sentiments, surely, but is this really something worthy of a resolution of its own? Mandated support?

I don't see what's wrong. We mandate support for our troops in good ol' Doomiedoomiedoom! (Lets ignore the fact my nation is one of the top 500 most extreme nations in the world....)

We are not handing out free jobs to retiring soldiers. They can go out and get them like everyone else. (And my nation, incidentally, is quite unextreme.)
Dr. Park Si-Jung, Ambassador to the World Assembly for The People's Democracy of Darenjo

Proud Member of Eastern Islands of Dharma!

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:34 am

GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
Ocean Utilization Initiative

A resolution to develop industry around the world.

Category: Advancement of Industry

Area of Effect: Environmental Deregulation

Proposed by: Tinis

Description: OBSERVING: That 70% of the worlds surface is covered by water that in it's current state, is unusable for domestic use.

ACKNOWLEDGING: That salt water is almost useless for irrigation of important crops and is not drinkable, and what more, ocean water blocks easy access to countless minerals, archeological artifacts, and usable land.

POINTING OUT: That many horrible and dangerous things come from the sea that we would be better off without, such as poisonous jellyfish, deadly sharks, and extensive drowning risks.

AFFIRMING: That the world needs more fresh water than it does salt water.

AFFIRMING: That nations such as Spain can't supply the world's ravenous salt needs forever.

AFFIRMING: That ocean water contains other useful minerals that could be made use of.

ALSO AFFIRMING: That boiling salt water separates the salt from the water, thus liberating two resources which are independently most useful when they are apart.

BE IT RESOLVED: That we systematically boil the worlds oceans and distribute the reclaimed land, fresh water, separated salt, and other gained resources amongst the nations of the World Assembly by population. Each nation shall have the right to determine how distribution is handled internally.

I'm pretty sure real life references like that are illegal.

Economic Left/Right: -0.63 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97
Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:57 am

Umbra Ac Silentium wrote:
Ocean Utilization Initiative

Area of Effect: Environmental Deregulation

Proposed by: Tinis

Description: OBSERVING: That 70% of the worlds surface is covered by water that in it's current state, is unusable for domestic use.

ACKNOWLEDGING: That salt water is almost useless for irrigation of important crops and is not drinkable, and what more, ocean water blocks easy access to countless minerals, archeological artifacts, and usable land.

POINTING OUT: That many horrible and dangerous things come from the sea that we would be better off without, such as poisonous jellyfish, deadly sharks, and extensive drowning risks.

AFFIRMING: That the world needs more fresh water than it does salt water.

AFFIRMING: That nations such as Spain can't supply the world's ravenous salt needs forever.

AFFIRMING: That ocean water contains other useful minerals that could be made use of.

ALSO AFFIRMING: That boiling salt water separates the salt from the water, thus liberating two resources which are independently most useful when they are apart.

BE IT RESOLVED: That we systematically boil the worlds oceans and distribute the reclaimed land, fresh water, separated salt, and other gained resources amongst the nations of the World Assembly by population. Each nation shall have the right to determine how distribution is handled internally.

I'm pretty sure real life references like that are illegal.

Why did he use that example? It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Creation of a WA United Army
A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.

Category: International Security

Proposed by: Qvars

Description: BELIEVING that the World Assembly must have a way to defend it´s members against rising regional forces.
BELIEVING that the only way to keep the World Assembly working is for it not to be afraid to take actions that may not be pleasing to every nation.
KNOWING that only by force can the WA control its members and maintain freedom.

THEREFOR I propose the creation of the first World Assembly United Army.

Approvals: 0

Not illegal at all. :(
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Meekinos
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Meekinos » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Oh boo! Hiss! We do not need the WA to "...control its members and maintain freedom". We don't have a standing military and we certainly won't allow some foreign occupation force onto our noble, glorious soil.
Ambassador Gavriil Floros
Meekinos' Official WA Ambassador
Deputy Treasurer, North Pleides Merchant's Syndicate
CEO & Financial Manager of Delta Energy Ltd.
Madame Elina Nikodemos
Executive Senior Delegate
Educator
The Hellenic Republic of Meekinos
Factbook: Your Friendly Guide to Meekinos
The paranoid, isolationist, xenophobic capitalists.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:08 pm

NOTING that "it's" is, in this case, grammatically incorrect, though that situation arose a 2nd time and the author was right then;
FURTHER NOTING that "Therefor" isn't really a word;
AFFIRMING that "I" is illegal in WA proposals;
OUTLAWS that proposal.
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:12 pm

KNOWING that only by force can the WA control its members and maintain freedom.

:rofl:

Seriously? Turn the WA into a military dictatorship? "Freedom through Fear!" That could be a catchy slogan.

:palm:
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Beldonia
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beldonia » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Work Force by Human Cloning
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights
Strength: Significant

Description: BELIEVING that the production of human clones will prove beneficent for the economy of nations of the WA.
KNOWING that to avoid a civil rights crash said clone cannot have rights and will have to be treated as products.
BELIEVING that our science can produce clone who don't feel emotion or that have said emotion extremely reduced, which will prevent immoral procedures.
KNOWING that a human clone work force will be able to improve the living quality of all the real population of a nation.

THEREFOR I propose that Human Cloning to increase the Work Force of a nation is a very good way to bust economy.

Voting Ends: in 3 days, 6 hours

Horrible spelling. Personal pronouns. Doesn't even do anything (this is bolded). This might be as bad as some of my earlier ones. Clearly a well-meaning noob.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Beldonia wrote:
Work Force by Human Cloning
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights
Strength: Significant

Description: BELIEVING that the production of human clones will prove beneficent for the economy of nations of the WA.
KNOWING that to avoid a civil rights crash said clone cannot have rights and will have to be treated as products.
BELIEVING that our science can produce clone who don't feel emotion or that have said emotion extremely reduced, which will prevent immoral procedures.
KNOWING that a human clone work force will be able to improve the living quality of all the real population of a nation.

THEREFOR I propose that Human Cloning to increase the Work Force of a nation is a very good way to bust economy.

Voting Ends: in 3 days, 6 hours

Horrible spelling. Personal pronouns. Doesn't even do anything (this is bolded). This might be as bad as some of my earlier ones. Clearly a well-meaning noob.
Same guy as proposed the last one. He seems not to know how to spell "Therefore"...

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Maltropia wrote:
Beldonia wrote:Horrible spelling. Personal pronouns. Doesn't even do anything (this is bolded). This might be as bad as some of my earlier ones. Clearly a well-meaning noob.
Same guy as proposed the last one. He seems not to know how to spell "Therefore"...

We are very curious as to how this is "Human Rights"?

Not Ta'veren

Beldonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Beldonia » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:32 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Maltropia wrote:Same guy as proposed the last one. He seems not to know how to spell "Therefore"...

We are very curious as to how this is "Human Rights"?

That too.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:53 pm

All-Day Kindergarten
A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.

Category: Education and Creativity
Area of Effect: Educational
Proposed by: Apsel

Description: Whereas a study found that prolonged and regular full-day preschool attendance significantly increased children’s verbal and mathematics test scores in Grade 1 and beyond.

Whereas a study found that full-day preschool programs for four-year-old children had a positive effect on children’s language and academic learning.

Whereas early childhood programs that help compensate children for difficult home and community environments and that support parents to work or upgrade their job skills are highly effective at reducing the rate and depth of family poverty.

Whereas a recent study found that students who learned more in kindergarten were more likely to go to college and earn more over time.

Whereas a noted expert calculates a 7:1 return on public investment for programs for young children, compared to a 1:1 payback from adult education.

Whereas there is no cost for the regular school day, only for the integrated before- and after-school program which would be fee-based and subsidies made available to families;

Whereas, following ratification of an all-day kindergarten policy by the World Assembly, countries would be required to open registration immediately to kindergarten-aged students with the program beginning across all elementary schools in September 2011;

Where as full-day kindergarten classes would have an average of 26 students and two qualified educators in the classroom – a teacher and an early childhood educator (ECE) – there is a ratio of one adult for every 13 children. This means that more students will get one-on-one attention and opportunities to learn together in small groups;

Whereas all governments will provide the necessary capital funding of $5 billion in capital funding over the next two years to build new classrooms and renovate existing ones to support the implementation of full-day kindergarten.

Whereas full-day kindergarten is not mandatory. At the schools where the program begins in September 2011, parents can chose to remove their child for part of the day if that is what works best for them. Like existing kindergarten programs, parents will continue to have the choice about whether to enrol their four- and five-year olds in full-day kindergarten. Children are required to attend school once they turn six years old. Although kindergarten is voluntary, 90 per cent of eligible children are enrolled.

Whereas many school boards that currently operate full-day kindergarten programs report that students who begin on a half-day model often transition to full-day by mid-fall, because they enjoy the program.

Therefore, be it resolved, that the World Assembly ratifies the policy of all-day kindergarten and will move to enact the program in accordance with the statutes outlined above and apply it to all World Assembly member nations.

Can we all say "Micromanagement"?

Mandatory Democratic Elections
A resolution to increase democratic freedoms.

Category: Furtherment of Democracy

Description: Whereas citizens of a country should be entitled to duly elect the government they wish to have represent them;

Whereas tyranny and the oppression of a country's citizens goes against universal human rights;

Whereas a free and fair election in World Assembly countries should be a requirement for continued membership;

Whereas municipal, state and federal elections should be held at a minimum every four years and at a maximum of every five years;

Whereas for member states transitioning to democracy for the first time, the World Assembly would be required to monitor the elections to ensure their viability and legality;

Therefore be it resolved that the World Assembly makes it mandatory for free and fair democratic multi-party elections be held at every level of government every 4 or 5 years starting in October 2011.

More micromanagement, as well as an ideological ban.

Clone Based Work Force

Area of Effect: Labor Deregulation

Description: BELIEVING that clones represent a easy and cheap way of increasing industrial production.
KNOWING that science is evolved enough to create perfect clones to do tasks that are to dangerous to humans or that no human wants to perform.
THEREFOR I propose:
1- The cloning of human to start.
2- Said clones to be used as free workers.
3- Said clones to do not have rights and to be treated as products, as that is what they are.

KNOWING these measures will bust economic power of all WA nations.

Aaaand, this one resubmitted. The WA does not require mandated cloned slaves.

Not Ta'veren

Beldonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Beldonia » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:00 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
All-Day Kindergarten
A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.

Category: Education and Creativity
Area of Effect: Educational

Description: Whereas a study found that prolonged and regular full-day preschool attendance significantly increased children’s verbal and mathematics test scores in Grade 1 and beyond.

Whereas a study found that full-day preschool programs for four-year-old children had a positive effect on children’s language and academic learning.

Whereas early childhood programs that help compensate children for difficult home and community environments and that support parents to work or upgrade their job skills are highly effective at reducing the rate and depth of family poverty.

Whereas a recent study found that students who learned more in kindergarten were more likely to go to college and earn more over time.

Whereas a noted expert calculates a 7:1 return on public investment for programs for young children, compared to a 1:1 payback from adult education.

Whereas there is no cost for the regular school day, only for the integrated before- and after-school program which would be fee-based and subsidies made available to families;

Whereas, following ratification of an all-day kindergarten policy by the World Assembly, countries would be required to open registration immediately to kindergarten-aged students with the program beginning across all elementary schools in September 2011;

Where as full-day kindergarten classes would have an average of 26 students and two qualified educators in the classroom – a teacher and an early childhood educator (ECE) – there is a ratio of one adult for every 13 children. This means that more students will get one-on-one attention and opportunities to learn together in small groups;

Whereas all governments will provide the necessary capital funding of $5 billion in capital funding over the next two years to build new classrooms and renovate existing ones to support the implementation of full-day kindergarten.

Whereas full-day kindergarten is not mandatory. At the schools where the program begins in September 2011, parents can chose to remove their child for part of the day if that is what works best for them. Like existing kindergarten programs, parents will continue to have the choice about whether to enrol their four- and five-year olds in full-day kindergarten. Children are required to attend school once they turn six years old. Although kindergarten is voluntary, 90 per cent of eligible children are enrolled.

Whereas many school boards that currently operate full-day kindergarten programs report that students who begin on a half-day model often transition to full-day by mid-fall, because they enjoy the program.

Therefore, be it resolved, that the World Assembly ratifies the policy of all-day kindergarten and will move to enact the program in accordance with the statutes outlined above and apply it to all World Assembly member nations.

Can we all say "Micromanagement"?

Mandatory Democratic Elections
A resolution to increase democratic freedoms.

Category: Furtherment of Democracy

Description: Whereas citizens of a country should be entitled to duly elect the government they wish to have represent them;

Whereas tyranny and the oppression of a country's citizens goes against universal human rights;

Whereas a free and fair election in World Assembly countries should be a requirement for continued membership;

Whereas municipal, state and federal elections should be held at a minimum every four years and at a maximum of every five years;

Whereas for member states transitioning to democracy for the first time, the World Assembly would be required to monitor the elections to ensure their viability and legality;

Therefore be it resolved that the World Assembly makes it mandatory for free and fair democratic multi-party elections be held at every level of government every 4 or 5 years starting in October 2011.

More micromanagement, as well as an ideological ban.

Clone Based Work Force

Description: BELIEVING that clones represent a easy and cheap way of increasing industrial production.
KNOWING that science is evolved enough to create perfect clones to do tasks that are to dangerous to humans or that no human wants to perform.
THEREFOR I propose:
3- Said clones to do not have rights and to be treated as products, as that is what they are.

These guys are channelling a young Beldonia! Submitting stupid, illegal proposals!
But not as good as the McRib Act of 2011. 8)

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:03 pm

McRib at least had the benefit of being amusing. These 3 are merely :palm:

Not Ta'veren

Beldonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Beldonia » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:04 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:McRib at least had the benefit of being amusing. These 3 are merely :palm:

Yeah. If you're gonna be stupid, be stupid funny.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:11 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:Can we all say "Micromanagement"?

No it must be preceded by "Whereas..." . ;)
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Unibot II wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:Can we all say "Micromanagement"?

Don't make me come over there and smack you. :roll:

Not Ta'veren

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Unibot II wrote:

Don't make me come over there and smack you. :roll:

*runs* :lol:

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:42 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Clone Based Work Force

THEREFOR I propose:

You know, you bring up a good point. This does seem to be trying to do an end run around Ban on Slavery and Trafficking.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:48 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:Aaaand, this one resubmitted. The WA does not require mandated cloned slaves.

You know, you bring up a good point. This does seem to be trying to do an end run around Ban on Slavery and Trafficking.

Is that a mod ruling that human clones are recognized by International Law as persons?

The Ainocran Embassy
Envoy

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ainocran Embassy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:00 am

Clone Based Work Force

THEREFOR I propose:

Approvals: 2 (Red Ulster, Amalendu)

Voting Ends: in 2 days, 18 hours

The Diplomatic Mission of The Ainocran Embassy has not approved this proposal.

-------------------

Cloned army anyone?

Also Vote Alcon Enta for Supreme Chancellor!
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
1 2 3 4 5

Zeeluanas
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

WOW

Postby Zeeluanas » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:44 pm

some of the ones i have read made me go HUH??? jeez but some on the other hand are quite entertaining :rofl:
Mr Jon B.
Grand Czar of The Empire of Zeeluanas

My government Hierarchy
1. Theocratic council of Elders (the highest council, what they say goes.)

2. Parlament and grand councel (to represent the people to the council)

3. State fundamentalist's (support for the State)

4. Regional Cardinal (local or regional Cardinal to the parliament or council)

5. Bishop of the Metro (for large city's)

Knootoss
Senator

Left-Leaning College State

Postby Knootoss » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:32 pm

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Destructor Bunnies
Envoy

Founded: Nov 21, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Destructor Bunnies » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Unibot II wrote:
Flibbleites wrote:You know, you bring up a good point. This does seem to be trying to do an end run around Ban on Slavery and Trafficking.

Is that a mod ruling that human clones are recognized by International Law as persons?

Why wouldn't they be? A cloned human is biologically fully human.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives