NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Removal of Space Debris

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Magecastle Embassy Building A5
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 03, 2022
Corporate Police State

Postby Magecastle Embassy Building A5 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:19 pm

Ooc: Likely to submit this in a few days.

Ic:

Bananaistan wrote:"Entirely opposed. If someone has the resources to cause a mess in space, they have the resources to clean up after themselves. Frittering away the workers' hard earned collective funds, IE the General Fund, on cleaning up after billionaire's vanity projects is obnoxious."

"What do you propose instead, ambassador? That member nations be harmed at the hands of one that decides it doesn't care about the environment?"
Last edited by Magecastle Embassy Building A5 on Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WA authorship.
Wallenburg wrote:If you get a Nobel Prize for the time machine because you wanted to win an argument on the Internet, try to remember the little people who started you on that way.
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Our research and user feedback found different use cases of bullets, such as hunting, national defense, and murder. Typically, most bullets fired do not kill people. However, sometimes they do. We found that nearly 100% of users were not impacted by shooting one random user every 30 days, reducing the likelihood of a negative impact on the average user.
Comfed wrote:When I look around me at the state of real life politics, with culture war arguments over abortion and LGBT rights, and then I look at the WA and see the same debates about cannibalism, I have hope for the world.

Fhaengshia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Fhaengshia » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:01 am

(all ooc)
I'm unsure why you use underscores when introducing both of your lists (the Identifying and Hereby clauses). Normally they are applied in place of a space, why not use a colon? (it appears you mentioned it being changed to semicolons, but the change has not been applied).

The definition in clause 1 includes the action of entering the atmosphere where a member nation has airspace. This has no size constraints, and would include objects that would have a minuscule effect on anything, eg. flecks of paint, or a stray bolt that would quickly vaporise when entering a habitable atmosphere. A size or environmental impact constraint would be logical and necessary.

The top-down approach introduced in clause 2, where a WA committee undertakes debris removal actions, feels like an over-reach of what the WA is tasked with. This is most striking in clause 5 where member nations must allow this committee access to their launch facilities to deploy whatever it is the committee has developed. Individual nations maintain launch facilities or even orbital assembly yards which are used by specifically designed vehicles. While I'm sure the committee would transport what they have developed to facilities that are not only suitable but well matched for the necessary capabilities required, such transportation would typically have larger environmental effects than a nation's own vehicles which are in most cases developed much closer. Additionally this process of using non-native infrastructure inevitably results in lower mission success rates, and therefore cost.

Clause 3 states that "any entities" shall receive pecuniary incentives from the General Fund for providing research that "may aid" the committee in its responsibilities. This would include non-member governments, corporations, cults, toddlers, etc. This seems far too generous, especially considering that these only need to express a possibility of being helpful to the committee.

Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Magecastle Embassy Building A5 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:35 pm

Fhaengshia wrote:(all ooc)
I'm unsure why you use underscores when introducing both of your lists (the Identifying and Hereby clauses). Normally they are applied in place of a space, why not use a colon? (it appears you mentioned it being changed to semicolons, but the change has not been applied).

I had changed an earlier underscore to a semicolon in a sublist that has since been removed.

The definition in clause 1 includes the action of entering the atmosphere where a member nation has airspace. This has no size constraints, and would include objects that would have a minuscule effect on anything, eg. flecks of paint, or a stray bolt that would quickly vaporise when entering a habitable atmosphere. A size or environmental impact constraint would be logical and necessary.

I mean, I don't really see why this would be a problem? The resolution doesn't require all space debris to be de-orbited; just that the DISC work to develop and regularly deploy space debris removal technology. If removing small space debris -- which can still be harmful. Section 2's "otherwise as efficiently and speedily as possible" also exists for a reason -- focusing on removing flecks of paint while doing nothing about defunct satellites doesn't seem like a particularly efficient means of removing space debris. That said, to avoid cases where the debris will only pollute a minority of the atmosphere that happens to be a non-member that's fixed.

The top-down approach introduced in clause 2, where a WA committee undertakes debris removal actions, feels like an over-reach of what the WA is tasked with. This is most striking in clause 5 where member nations must allow this committee access to their launch facilities to deploy whatever it is the committee has developed. Individual nations maintain launch facilities or even orbital assembly yards which are used by specifically designed vehicles. While I'm sure the committee would transport what they have developed to facilities that are not only suitable but well matched for the necessary capabilities required, such transportation would typically have larger environmental effects than a nation's own vehicles which are in most cases developed much closer. Additionally this process of using non-native infrastructure inevitably results in lower mission success rates, and therefore cost.

Does Section 4 -- which allows the DISC to require a member nation to aid it in deploying space debris removal technology "where this aid is the least burdensome on that nation's finances for these efforts to proceed as efficiently and least damagingly as possible" -- not address this sufficiently, and if not, why? If it helps, I removed the most specific part of s 5 regarding free entry, as the rest of the mandate should suffice anyway.

Clause 3 states that "any entities" shall receive pecuniary incentives from the General Fund for providing research that "may aid" the committee in its responsibilities. This would include non-member governments, corporations, cults, toddlers, etc. This seems far too generous, especially considering that these only need to express a possibility of being helpful to the committee.

May aid is gone, and replaced with "would aid". I think compensating non-member nation entities would still work though? The more information that the DISC can access, the better -- even if a non-member is involved, it will work to the benefit of member nations.
Last edited by Magecastle Embassy Building A5 on Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WA authorship.
Wallenburg wrote:If you get a Nobel Prize for the time machine because you wanted to win an argument on the Internet, try to remember the little people who started you on that way.
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Our research and user feedback found different use cases of bullets, such as hunting, national defense, and murder. Typically, most bullets fired do not kill people. However, sometimes they do. We found that nearly 100% of users were not impacted by shooting one random user every 30 days, reducing the likelihood of a negative impact on the average user.
Comfed wrote:When I look around me at the state of real life politics, with culture war arguments over abortion and LGBT rights, and then I look at the WA and see the same debates about cannibalism, I have hope for the world.

Fhaengshia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Fhaengshia » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:58 pm

Magecastle Embassy Building A5 wrote:I had changed an earlier underscore to a semicolon in a sublist that has since been removed.

Underscores still remain at the end of the identifying and hereby clauses:
Identifying the harm that space debris can cause to both member nations and the environment alike _
Hereby enacts as follows _

I mean, I don't really see why this would be a problem? The resolution doesn't require all space debris to be de-orbited; just that the DISC work to develop and regularly deploy space debris removal technology. If removing small space debris -- which can still be harmful. Section 2's "otherwise as efficiently and speedily as possible" also exists for a reason -- focusing on removing flecks of paint while doing nothing about defunct satellites doesn't seem like a particularly efficient means of removing space debris. That said, to avoid cases where the debris will only pollute a minority of the atmosphere that happens to be a non-member that's fixed.

The definition is improved by the changes made. On further observation it could be made more correct if "located in such a location" is changed to "on such a vector", as it is the future location that is relevant rather than the current location.
"that it poses" should be "that pose".
That "an atmosphere containing member nation airspace, so as to either directly enter some member nation, or pollute its airspace" be changed to something like "volumes of atmosphere controlled by a member nation, or polluting these atmospheres", as air is typical of the particular atmospheric gas mixture of Earth, and not, for example, Venus or Titan.
And lastly if "operating member nation spacecraft" is changed to "property belonging to or registered under a member nation", which should cover all assets a member nation is responsible for that may be outside of its controlled "airspace". Though this has implications for ships or other vehicles registered under a flag of convenience, it makes sense for this extension.
(sorry it's things like these that really bring the nerd out in me, but it's because the proposal has got a real solid base for a definition already).
Also there's a typo that should be atmospheric in "atmosopheric burn-up".

Does Section 4 -- which allows the DISC to require a member nation to aid it in deploying space debris removal technology "where this aid is the least burdensome on that nation's finances for these efforts to proceed as efficiently and least damagingly as possible" -- not address this sufficiently, and if not, why? If it helps, I removed the most specific part of s 5 regarding free entry, as the rest of the mandate should suffice anyway.

The removal of the entry part of Section 5 kind of just makes it more vague as to what constitutes aid in Section 4. The tasks given to DISC go beyond, in my mind, the scope of a committee and really are more in line with a larger body such as an agency (eg. ESA, the European Space Agency), (I may, however, be incorrect). If there is to be a WA space agency as this proposal sort of describes, I believe the title of the proposal should outline as much and the clauses within should provide a clear scope and mission for the agency (regardless of if this is a good idea or not).

More importantly, as others have indicated this centralised body has inefficiencies. The proposal would require all members to contribute funding for debris removal even if they have never sent anything into space, and then (partially) fund the space programs of members that have them from the general fund. Essentially it redirects funds from non-spacefaring nations towards those that already have the capabilities. GA595 and the draft replacement that I have much neglected rather focused on requiring (lol) the member nations with these capabilities to carry out debris removal (however flawed it was written).

May aid is gone, and replaced with "would aid". I think compensating non-member nation entities would still work though? The more information that the DISC can access, the better -- even if a non-member is involved, it will work to the benefit of member nations.

Also an improvement, but the funding for purchasing intellectual property (Section 3) that would aid DISC is another case of inefficiency in this proposal, as were member states tasked with the duties DISC is being given, they would be incentivised by their own budgets to find and negotiate licensing for the best and most efficient practices. This would be both more flexible and could also allow for DISC or WASP or whatever to perhaps have a part in arranging or potentially arbitrating these agreements.

Overall I still firmly believe this is better served as a duty for member nations with the capabilities, than creating or expanding a committee to undertake such a massive task.

Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Magecastle Embassy Building A5 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:45 am

Fhaengshia wrote:
Magecastle Embassy Building A5 wrote:I had changed an earlier underscore to a semicolon in a sublist that has since been removed.

Underscores still remain at the end of the identifying and hereby clauses:
Identifying the harm that space debris can cause to both member nations and the environment alike _
Hereby enacts as follows _

May change.

The definition is improved by the changes made. On further observation it could be made more correct if "located in such a location" is changed to "on such a vector", as it is the future location that is relevant rather than the current location.
"that it poses" should be "that pose".
That "an atmosphere containing member nation airspace, so as to either directly enter some member nation, or pollute its airspace" be changed to something like "volumes of atmosphere controlled by a member nation, or polluting these atmospheres", as air is typical of the particular atmospheric gas mixture of Earth, and not, for example, Venus or Titan.
And lastly if "operating member nation spacecraft" is changed to "property belonging to or registered under a member nation", which should cover all assets a member nation is responsible for that may be outside of its controlled "airspace". Though this has implications for ships or other vehicles registered under a flag of convenience, it makes sense for this extension.
(sorry it's things like these that really bring the nerd out in me, but it's because the proposal has got a real solid base for a definition already).
Also there's a typo that should be atmospheric in "atmosopheric burn-up".

Most of this is done.

The removal of the entry part of Section 5 kind of just makes it more vague as to what constitutes aid in Section 4. The tasks given to DISC go beyond, in my mind, the scope of a committee and really are more in line with a larger body such as an agency (eg. ESA, the European Space Agency), (I may, however, be incorrect). If there is to be a WA space agency as this proposal sort of describes, I believe the title of the proposal should outline as much and the clauses within should provide a clear scope and mission for the agency (regardless of if this is a good idea or not).

A committee really is just an official group of people tasked with performing some task -- in this case, removing space debris.

More importantly, as others have indicated this centralised body has inefficiencies. The proposal would require all members to contribute funding for debris removal even if they have never sent anything into space, and then (partially) fund the space programs of members that have them from the general fund. Essentially it redirects funds from non-spacefaring nations towards those that already have the capabilities. GA595 and the draft replacement that I have much neglected rather focused on requiring (lol) the member nations with these capabilities to carry out debris removal (however flawed it was written).

This makes sense though... I will change it so that member nations deploy space debris removal technology instead.

Also an improvement, but the funding for purchasing intellectual property (Section 3) that would aid DISC is another case of inefficiency in this proposal, as were member states tasked with the duties DISC is being given, they would be incentivised by their own budgets to find and negotiate licensing for the best and most efficient practices. This would be both more flexible and could also allow for DISC or WASP or whatever to perhaps have a part in arranging or potentially arbitrating these agreements.[/quote]
I don't really agree with this. Where possible, I'd prefer to avoid draining member nation funds where the DISC can do it anyway, especially as I'm iffy on having member nations subsidise researchers in other non-member nations. But to add more of an incentive for the information to be more helpful, I've decided to add a mandate that the incentive be proportional to the information's utility.

Overall I still firmly believe this is better served as a duty for member nations with the capabilities, than creating or expanding a committee to undertake such a massive task.

As is now, the DISC only has to a) develop/index removal technologies, b) coordinate their deployment, c) compensate those who provide DISC information. Is this better?
WA authorship.

Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Magecastle Embassy Building A5 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:27 pm

"Delegates may use this portal to register their approval of this now-submitted proposal."
Last edited by Magecastle Embassy Building A5 on Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WA authorship.

West Barack and East Obama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:30 pm

Bananaistan wrote:"Entirely opposed. If someone has the resources to cause a mess in space, they have the resources to clean up after themselves. Frittering away the workers' hard earned collective funds, IE the General Fund, on cleaning up after billionaire's vanity projects is obnoxious."

Dr Justin Obama, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs: In full agreement with this. Opposed.
Sonnel is the place.

6x Issues Author | Political Figures | Sports Stuff

██████████

Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Magecastle Embassy Building A5 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:00 pm

Al Waha, Araznan, Huron League, Morover, Hansdeltania, Angladen, Easthaven and Adjacent Isles, Josephtan, Celtic States, Tiber and Rione, Great Libertona, Definetly Not A Puppet State, Corresta, IDEVK, Aivintis, Arkkine, Glorious Wakanda, Leiustedec, Freed Penguins, Lbepmalognischtanscht, Free Capitalist Canada, Mlociniakik, New Amoni, Edmundian Pluto, Mikeswill, Chubboland, De Spe Flammis, Mendevia, Cosnicu, NightHawk, Bream, North West Mindoor, Lennonia, East Chimore, New Nationale Einheit, Nookville, Landfield, Imperial Loravia, New United Common-lands, Koranz, Not China, Chantayak, Thialrer, Patec, South Boston Irishmen, Shanlix, Silver-Tree, Pogaria, Veganan, Uponda, United States of Kuwait, San Lumen, The Onion Union, Roylaii, Timmy City, Plunderer Paradise, Battadia, The Terren Dominion, The Candy Of Bottles, Verlos, Robuxia, Xukong, Sorianora, Fachumonn, Solariia, Andripa
WA authorship.

Heavens Reach
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Heavens Reach » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:23 pm

Heavens Reach has WITHDRAWN its YES vote in light of seemingly intentional oversight of editorial problems with the submission, and the truncated drafting period.

Antipodea and Allies
Civilian

Founded: Jul 22, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Antipodea and Allies » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:48 pm

Antipodea and Allies has voted YES to this resolution, and hopes other nations will put aside differences and contribute to the removal, regardless of which nations have contributed to the debris in space.
Last edited by Antipodea and Allies on Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bistritza
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Bistritza » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:30 am

SIC:
I'm not paying for it. Going to abuse 3-a and 3-b. See ya!
Main Nation | General Info | The Constitution | NSEconomy Stats | Military Info, Main and Puppets
Other nations | BeeStreetz, Political Parties, More Info | Bistritza TSP-MP Representative, The Regional Alliance
Mediums: Hard OOC; Soft OOC; Soft IC; Hard IC | The accounts' posts are rarely Hard OOC.

Antes Eternum
Civilian

Founded: Aug 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Antes Eternum » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:37 am

The Republic of Antes Eternum understands that not all nations contributed equally to the current pollution of our shared space, and acknowledges that there is some inequity in nations who practiced responsibility prior to the passing of "To Prevent Dangerous Debris" now being expected to pay for debris removal, either directly or via the General Fund.

However, given that the resolution "To Prevent Dangerous Debris" has been now longstanding international law, in the spirit of international cooperation, for the preservation and protection of our natural environment, and so that scientific advancement may continue through space exploration, Antes Eternum has voted YES.

Elwher
Powerbroker

Founded: May 24, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Elwher » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:53 am

While Elwher approves of the concept, the definition of debris is too wide, making no sufficient distinction between functioning and non-functioning platforms.
CYNIC, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a cynic's eyes to improve his vision.
Ambrose Bierce

Zaroxa
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 25, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaroxa » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:44 am

Let's say you have a household of four people, one of those people commits a crime. Surely they would be the only one punished? You seem to not agree with me on that matter, thousands of nations without space programs would be paying for this, some even have fragile economies. While with section 3a and 3b seem to consider this, all nations would still have to pay taxpayer dollars for an issue they did not contribute to. Thus, I am afraid I cannot support this resolution.
Last edited by Zaroxa on Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maurdea
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 18, 2022
New York Times Democracy

Postby Maurdea » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:49 pm

We have more problems down on Earth that we precisely need to deal with than up in space. Maybe in the future this would be a good idea.
From the President's Office of Maurdea

President Alvatreza

Heavens Reach
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heavens Reach » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:11 pm

Maurdea wrote:We have more problems down on Earth that we precisely need to deal with than up in space. Maybe in the future this would be a good idea.

Ambassador, problems in space quickly become problems down on Earth

Texicans
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Let's look at reality.

Postby Texicans » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:16 pm

It's no one's responsibility to clean up junk left in space but those who left it!
This is the modern "victim mentality" of "blame everyone but yourself" for the mess YOU caused.

There is no way 88% of this stuff ever falls out of orbit and doesn't completely burn up into nothing, not even slag before getting close to earth. I'm more concerned about the bullets and pot shots these despots are firing at my military who simply are standing guard on our borders. Especially compared to any junk falling on us from space. I'm willing to bet that's the sentiment of most here. Even the most iron fisted communistic among us have better sense than be forced into this overreaching proposal.

Tired of over zealous, tyrannical leaders trying to force their "proposals" on us all. We're more concerned about the wars we have to go thru with all the military industrial types (not that that's bad mind you but keep it in YOUR nation) because you can't keep your Edicts and Ideals and hands in your own land we'll take issue. Mind your own business. You'll stay healthier as a result. Much less stress and snipers involved...

No body's going to pay for your mess, you clean it up.

President of Texicans and the Banshee Disciples M.C.
Uncle Tedd "AR-Ten" Nuygent

Greater Meradonia
Civilian

Founded: Jan 24, 2022
Ex-Nation

Support of Motion

Postby Greater Meradonia » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:12 pm

Magecastle Embassy Building A5 wrote:
The World Assembly,

Heralding the efforts of "To Prevent Dangerous Debris" to prevent the creation of space debris,

Emphasising, however, that this remains silent on the active removal of space debris,

• Making space travel and exploration more difficult due to the risk of spacecraft colliding with space debris;
  • Greenhouse gases being created through atmospheric combustion of space debris;
  • The falling of space debris into the ground, which can cause property damage and harm sapient life;
  • Collisions between existing space debris generating further space debris;

Concerned by the ominous silence of World Assembly law in the topic of removal of space debris with the repeal of "Active Reduction of Space Debris", despite this topic necessitating a plan of action to protect member nations and their environments from space debris in collaboration between member nations and the World Assembly's institutions,

Enacts as follows _

1. Space debris, in this resolution, means disused sapient-made items or parts thereof in outer space posing a cognisable risk of: entering, in the foreseeable future, volumes of atmosphere controlled by a member nation, or polluting these atmospheres through atmospheric burn-up; colliding with operating member nation spacecraft; or generating further space debris;
  2. The Debris In Space Committee (or DISC) of the WA Scientific Programme is to index -- in a manner accessible to member nations -- and work to develop technologies and strategies that remove space debris in such a manner minimising damage caused by use to the environment, property, and sapient populations but otherwise as efficiently and speedily as possible;
  3. All member nations that, in the view of the DISC, have sufficiently developed technology to do so with or without Section 3a or 3b assistance, are to regularly deploy Section 2 techniques in a manner determined by the DISC to minimise damage caused by use to the environment, property, and sapient populations but otherwise function as efficiently and speedily as possible;

1. The WA General Fund is to subsidise deployment of Section 2 techniques by a member nation, on request by that member nation, sufficiently to avoid severe burden on that member nation's finances posed by deployment of these techniques, where the need for funding did not arise due to deliberate diversion of existing funds by that nation;
    2. The DISC is to assist member nations in deploying Section 2 techniques, where such assistance is necessary for that member nation to be able to deploy space debris removal techniques so as to comply with Section 2;
  4. The DISC is to provide pecuniary incentives through the WA General Fund to any entities that discover and provide to the DISC data, process, or research -- barring that classified for national security or personal privacy -- that would materially assist the DISC in developing, indexing, or coordinating Section 3 deployment of, Section 2 techniques; these incentives are to be proportionate to the utility of this information to the DISC, but sufficient to reasonably procure provision of such information in the view of the DISC;
  5. Each member nation is to refrain from obstructing any Section 3 removal efforts, and is to penalise any legal entity under its jurisdiction that does so, so as to reasonably deter similar attempts to obstruct these space debris removal efforts;
  6. Subject to Section 5, no part of this resolution is to be interpreted as regulating or restricting any space debris removal efforts conducted separately to Section 3 efforts.

"Discuss."

The People of Greater Meradoniafully support this measure. While her leader may be too lazy to read the resolution in full, the title alone makes it clear that this is a good idea.

Lile Ulie Islands
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Lile Ulie Islands » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:03 pm

So, I wrote the analysis, or the opinion for The South Pacific on this proposal. Our final message, vote AGAINST.

Firstly, we applaud the authors of this resolution. We thank you for contributing to The World Assembly, though, here is the reason I voted against this measure.

Space debris, yeah, it needs to be removed, but some of the writing in here we are opposed to. Conservative member states would most likely be opposed to this resolution due to the fact that they are paying to clean up other, nonmember states' crap. I don't have any problem with this, but the majority of the members in The Office of World Legislation in TSP said otherwise.

We also applaud the writing of the resolution, though some of it is challenging to comprehend. The resolution also may seem wordy and lengthy.

(also: how much money does The World Assembly General Fund have?)

Anyways, it is a resolution with a good idea behind it, but the implementation and resolution may not be the best, in the opinion of The Office of World Assembly Legislation of TSP.

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:37 pm

Maurdea wrote:We have more problems down on Earth that we precisely need to deal with than up in space. Maybe in the future this would be a good idea.

"What the fuck is an 'Erth'? Did I hear that correctly?"
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Heavens Reach
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heavens Reach » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:09 pm

Morover wrote:

"What the fuck is an 'Erth'? Did I hear that correctly?"

We just assumed it was what they called the land in their nation

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:34 am

Lile Ulie Islands wrote:Space debris, yeah, it needs to be removed, but some of the writing in here we are opposed to. Conservative member states would most likely be opposed to this resolution due to the fact that they are paying to clean up other, nonmember states' crap. I don't have any problem with this, but the majority of the members in The Office of World Legislation in TSP said otherwise.

This is a non-issue: nations who don't contribute to the cost of cleaning up their space debris can look forward to having their active satellites and other space assets classified as debris in danger of colliding with member nations' spacecraft. The WA has no restrictions whatsoever on member nations - who are the ones doing the work here - acting in their interest against non-members. Pony up, bitches!
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Lile Ulie Islands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lile Ulie Islands » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:18 am

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Lile Ulie Islands wrote:Space debris, yeah, it needs to be removed, but some of the writing in here we are opposed to. Conservative member states would most likely be opposed to this resolution due to the fact that they are paying to clean up other, nonmember states' crap. I don't have any problem with this, but the majority of the members in The Office of World Legislation in TSP said otherwise.

This is a non-issue: nations who don't contribute to the cost of cleaning up their space debris can look forward to having their active satellites and other space assets classified as debris in danger of colliding with member nations' spacecraft. The WA has no restrictions whatsoever on member nations - who are the ones doing the work here - acting in their interest against non-members. Pony up, bitches!

Did you just call me a bitch?

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:37 pm

Lile Ulie Islands wrote:
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:

Nation Page wrote:WA Member
Most World Assembly Endorsements: 795th
Most Influential: 5,299th
Most Pacifist: 8,558th
The ʻĀina o ka Maluhia of
Lile Ulie Islands
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise
"'Ōlelo lākou, hikiʻole i ka pono. 'Ōlelo wau ua hewa lā"

No.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Lile Ulie Islands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lile Ulie Islands » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:06 pm

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Lile Ulie Islands wrote:

Nation Page wrote:WA Member
Most World Assembly Endorsements: 795th
Most Influential: 5,299th
Most Pacifist: 8,558th
The ʻĀina o ka Maluhia of
Lile Ulie Islands
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise
"'Ōlelo lākou, hikiʻole i ka pono. 'Ōlelo wau ua hewa lā"

No.

I'm confused, your honor. What's with the "nation page" thing?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives