NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED]: Liberate Nationalist Union

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kanaia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 05, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kanaia » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:00 pm

Oh my Days wrote:
New Heathera wrote:Can you please tell me how you know Nationalist Union is full of role players?

Certainly.

1 CTE'd nation = region full of role players?
[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Kanaia wrote:
Oh my Days wrote:

Certainly.

And myself. We were a very active RP community/
Puppetmaster for Hashemite Arabiyah

Glorious Republic of Glory
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Republic of Glory » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Kanaia wrote:
Oh my Days wrote:

Certainly.

Don't forget how proud they are of being themselves. A region completely without any hate whatsoever.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=548703

This actually looks like one big front to me. 2 RPs, declared anti-Semitism, cloaked by a pathetic veil of nationalism. I really wonder what kind of region this was.

EDIT: Never mind. There was actually one RP. The second player claiming had actually no record of RPing in that region whatsoever.
Last edited by Glorious Republic of Glory on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ossitania
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ossitania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Glorious Republic of Glory wrote:
Ossitania wrote:A simple glance at the region founded by the Glorious Republic of Glory clearly indicates that his opposition is not merely rooted in an ideological dispute - as he wishes to emulate the tactics of other anti-fascist raider groups, it would certainly benefit his plans if this body were to set a precedent of shooting down the liberation of nationalist regions. His naked opportunism has been noted with displeasure by the Ossitanian delegation, as is his non-response to our arguments in favour of the liberation and against his position. Perhaps he fears too much moving and shaking lest he fall of the ideological promontory on which he has positioned himself.

If I wish to emulate the tactics of the antifa groups, then that would explain the ideological dispute, and problem, I have with the liberation, wouldn't it? But I still don't see your point.

And meanwhile, I would still like an explanation as to "No Juden in my nation." can be justified as anything less than fascist.

Right because there have never been anti-Semites in any, say, communist countries or anything.

At any rate, you still haven't answered my question on how occupying a nationalist region will actually destroy fascism if that is your goal - all it will do is displace the nations in the region who can either refound elsewhere or join up to existing regions. Surely it is preferable to have these nations concentrated in isolated pockets rather than thrown around the place?

EDIT: Also, I'm loving how 36 threads by a CTE'd nation are dismissed on the one hand while a single post by a CTE'd nation is the ultimate proof of their fascist tendencies. Stellar marks on the consistency there, guys.
Last edited by Ossitania on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guy in the Boat,
GA #146 (Co-authored)
GA #177 (Co-authored)
GA #183(Authored)
GA #198 (Co-authored)
GA #202 (Authored)
GA #206 (Authored)
GA #212 (Co-authored)
GA #238 (Authored)
GA #240 (Authored)

President and Sole Resident of Ossitania

Member of UNOG
Ideological Bulwark #265

New Heathera
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Heathera » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Oh my Days wrote:
New Heathera wrote:Can you please tell me how you know Nationalist Union is full of role players?

Certainly.

That does nothing to prove that Nationalist Union is a role play region.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Republic of Glory » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:15 pm

Ossitania wrote:
If I wish to emulate the tactics of the antifa groups, then that would explain the ideological dispute, and problem, I have with the liberation, wouldn't it? But I still don't see your point.

And meanwhile, I would still like an explanation as to "No Juden in my nation." can be justified as anything less than fascist.

Right because there have never been anti-Semites in any, say, communist countries or anything.

At any rate, you still haven't answered my question on how occupying a nationalist region will actually destroy fascism if that is your goal - all it will do is displace the nations in the region who can either refound elsewhere or join up to existing regions. Surely it is preferable to have these nations concentrated in isolated pockets rather than thrown around the place?

EDIT: Also, I'm loving how 36 threads by a CTE'd nation are dismissed on the one hand while a single post by a CTE'd nation is the ultimate proof of their fascist tendencies. Stellar marks on the consistency there, guys.

The problem with that is once they acknowledge each other, they cluster up and become a threat to the existence of others. It's like atomic fusion. One uranium atom is actually harmless, but enough of them can make a bomb.

EDIT: And please, read before you blindly post. Stalin singled out perceived threats to his power, not a single group because of their ethnicity or religion. (I.E, the "Rich Peasants" were both Jewish and Christian.) Other than that, I would love to see a time when the Jews, just the Jews, were singled out by Stalin.
Last edited by Glorious Republic of Glory on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:16 pm

New Heathera wrote:
Oh my Days wrote:

Certainly.

We were an RP region. Quite active. GA and I RP'ed constantly along with En and a few others. Admittedly this was in the earlier days of the region, when we just started out.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Republic of Glory » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:20 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:
New Heathera wrote:

We were an RP region. Quite active. GA and I RP'ed constantly along with En and a few others. Admittedly this was in the earlier days of the region, when we just started out.

Prove it.

Ossitania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ossitania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:26 pm

Ossitania wrote:

The problem with that is once they acknowledge each other, they cluster up and become a threat to the existence of others. It's like atomic fusion. One uranium atom is actually harmless, but enough of them can make a bomb.

EDIT: And please, read before you blindly post. Stalin singled out perceived threats to his power, not a single group because of their ethnicity or religion. (I.E, the "Rich Peasants" were both Jewish and Christian.) Other than that, I would love to see a time when the Jews, just the Jews, were singled out by Stalin.

You mean how like you and your friends are clustering up and threatening the nationalists? Your analogy even holds true; alone, you sound like a bunch of wackos, but together, you actually manage to put together a passable facsimile of a valid argument against protecting this region's right to self-determination that is as dangerous as any atomic bomb.

Perhaps you should read before you blindly post. There is plenty of historic evidence of Stalin's antisemitism. I suppose you think the Night of the Murdered Poets was a bad idea Stalin had after having too much to drink?
Guy in the Boat,
GA #146 (Co-authored)
GA #177 (Co-authored)
GA #183(Authored)
GA #198 (Co-authored)
GA #202 (Authored)
GA #206 (Authored)
GA #212 (Co-authored)
GA #238 (Authored)
GA #240 (Authored)

Member of UNOG
Ideological Bulwark #265

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Republic of Glory » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:41 pm

What self determination? They were overthrown. In that case, the region "Communist" should be given back to the orginal inhabitants. Where's the uproar in that?
They have determined their fate: They're not in their region anymore because some people just disagreed and threw them out. It happens all the time, but it's strange to see it come up this one time.

Ora Amaris
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ora Amaris » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:18 pm

We need to answer two questions:

(1) Are they truly a fascistic region?
No
Then they are an RP region, and thus their ideology has no bearing in this debate. In this case, I would vote FOR.

Yes
Then we go onto the next question:

(2) Is it moral to silence, persecute, or otherwise restrict the freedom of speech of those with hateful views?
I would argue it is. Inciting hatred only brews further hatred.

So, unless one can answer the first question as "no" for me, my vote will remain AGAINST.
Last edited by Ora Amaris on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let beauty and creativity reign throughout the universe,
Preserve the sublime equilibrium of nature,
Find enlightenment through the doors of perception,
An it harm none, do what thou wilt,
Respect yourself, respect all life, celebrate oneness with the universe.
Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
Factbook Entry

Tibberiria
Attaché

Founded: Nov 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tibberiria » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:20 pm

So, the gist of this debate is that we shouldn't liberate because members of the region may be OOC Nazi sympathizers, right? Or are we just against it because they may be Nazi role players?

Nonetheless, I voted for.
Last edited by Tibberiria on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ora Amaris
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ora Amaris » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:24 pm

Tibberiria wrote:So, the gist of this debate is that we shouldn't liberate because members of the region may be OOC Nazi sympathizers, right? Or are we just against it because they may be Nazi role players?

Yes, essentially.
Factbook Entry

Tibberiria
Attaché

Founded: Nov 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tibberiria » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:27 pm

Ok. My vote stands, though. I don't begrudge anyone's disagreements though.

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:46 pm

OOC I'm a fascist. Everyone knows this. But why should this keep my home region from being liberated? Or anyone's?

Poni
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Poni » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:46 pm

I am in full support of Liberating the Nationalist Union. It is completely insane that these extremists are all heavily focused on destroying this region because of their beliefs, regardless of whether or not they were role playing. The region wasn't trying to attack others or force their beliefs, so why is this occuring to them? Answer: The opposers are really just close-minded and will look at any nationalism as bloodthirsty fascism, despite beliefs similar to communism having also been bloodthirsty in the past and due to this will stop at nothing to enforce their views on others even when the victims weren't serious or even violence-provoking.

Dagguerro
Envoy

Founded: Apr 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagguerro » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:48 pm

At first we were rather undecided with this one. On the one hand the Dagguerrean Empire cannot support hate-filled views. However on the other hand there appears to be equal amounts of vitriol and hatred coming from Antifa and their supporters against people even "daring" to consider voting for liberation. Not to mention the absolutely disgusting attitude from them being shown in the messages coming out of the seized region.

Consequently unless someone can convince us otherwise we intend to stick to the principle as exemplified by the old adage:
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
The ambassador for Dagguerro votes FOR this Liberate motion.

OOC:
Ora Amaris wrote:
Tibberiria wrote:So, the gist of this debate is that we shouldn't liberate because members of the region may be OOC Nazi sympathizers, right? Or are we just against it because they may be Nazi role players?

Yes, essentially.

Whole thing seems utterly, utterly ludicrous to me. Antifa seems to be randomly lashing out against a particular RP group on the basis of assuming their RL beliefs. Not to mention having a row with the moderators over it.
Patrician Lord Nicholas Ashemore - Elected Supreme Leader of The Benevolent Empire of Dagguerro

His Excellency Lord Daniel Swift - Dagguerrean Ambassador to the World Assembly

Ora Amaris
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ora Amaris » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:51 pm

Dagguerro wrote:OOC:
Ora Amaris wrote:
Yes, essentially.

Whole thing seems utterly, utterly ludicrous to me. Antifa seems to be randomly lashing out against a particular RP group on the basis of assuming their RL beliefs. Not to mention having a row with the moderators over it.

Granted. Looking through the posts, they seem to have too much time on their hands.
But I think its better to just let it be.
Factbook Entry

New Heathera
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Heathera » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:
New Heathera wrote:

I'm not talking about how active you guys were in the forum. I'm asking if the region as a whole is true nationalist or pretending to be nationalist.

Wait, how many nations were even in this region before it was raided? This doesn't look like one of those big raided regions full of raiders and natives that haven't been ejected yet. Why liberate a region that's going to be left a near-lifeless husk after the raiders are cleared?

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:16 pm

I support this, mostly after reading the mess on the NU RMB. Pity the mods removed some of the posts though, i liked the insults :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:34 pm

New Heathera wrote:Why liberate a region that's going to be left a near-lifeless husk after the raiders are cleared?

Cause we need an empty shiny badged liberated region to fight over. All the existing ones have either been repealed or refounded.
Last edited by Warzone Codger on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Glorious Republic of Glory wrote:http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=417765

There it is.

For extra measure, here's also some more of that nationalistic pride the region holds so dear.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=548703

Entsetzen wrote:I propose a conflict with The Free Land of True Leveller Gerrard Winstanley and others. We should try to take over any RED region the same way they do. I see that they are cowards though and always lock the region down. I guess RED and YELLOW go hand in hand....

(From first link)

They support invasions so they have no cause to complain when they themselves are invaded.

If this was just a RP region I would vote to liberate, but since they actively invade other regions themselves... well as the old saying goes "let those who live by the sword die by the sword."
Last edited by Novus Niciae on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For: Free thought, 2 state solution for Israel, democracy, playing the game.
Against: Totalitarianism, Theocracy, Slavery, Playing the system
Tech Level: FT

Ossitania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ossitania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:29 pm

Glorious Republic of Glory wrote:What self determination? They were overthrown. In that case, the region "Communist" should be given back to the orginal inhabitants. Where's the uproar in that?
They have determined their fate: They're not in their region anymore because some people just disagreed and threw them out. It happens all the time, but it's strange to see it come up this one time.

I'd vote for a Liberation of Communist if it came up. What exactly is the point you're trying to make here? If somebody breaks into my house and kicks me out of it, that doesn't suddenly make it their house. Funnily enough, I have a feeling that if it was your region that got invaded and overthrown, you wouldn't be arguing against a Liberation attempt.

It's not strange at all to see it come up "this one time" - Liberation proposals are a standard part of Security Council procedure. I don't even know why I'm wasting my time arguing with an ideological pedagogue, especially one who conveniently doesn't respond to arguments he knows he has lost;

Ossitania wrote:How can intolerance of intolerance be just if it should, by its very nature, be intolerant of itself and therefore not even exist in the first place? Your argument is circular, broksi.

Ossitania wrote:I'm loving how 36 threads by a CTE'd nation are dismissed on the one hand while a single post by a CTE'd nation is the ultimate proof of their fascist tendencies. Stellar marks on the consistency there, guys.

Ossitania wrote:You mean how like you and your friends are clustering up and threatening the nationalists?
Guy in the Boat,
GA #146 (Co-authored)
GA #177 (Co-authored)
GA #183(Authored)
GA #198 (Co-authored)
GA #202 (Authored)
GA #206 (Authored)
GA #212 (Co-authored)
GA #238 (Authored)
GA #240 (Authored)

Member of UNOG
Ideological Bulwark #265

New Heathera
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Heathera » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Look, the region is now devoid of all natives. The delegate and 2 endorsing him are the only ones left. At this point, it would actually be more beneficial to leave this region to the raiders and let the ex-natives found a new one. Are you seriously going to liberate an empty shell that will forever still be vulnerable as long as there is no founder?

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:07 pm

New Heathera wrote:Look, the region is now devoid of all natives. The delegate and 2 endorsing him are the only ones left. At this point, it would actually be more beneficial to leave this region to the raiders and let the ex-natives found a new one. Are you seriously going to liberate an empty shell that will forever still be vulnerable as long as there is no founder?

Yes. I want my goddamn region back.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives