NATION

PASSWORD

While We Watched:Gathering the Light OOC(FantasyRP SemiOpen)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Mombacho
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:21 pm

This RP is taking place in the country of Zibbanta, which is the precursor to The Free Land of Mombacho. About 200 years before a dragon went crazy and ravaged the land as they decided the only way to keep mortals safe was to not allow them to rule themselves. Eventually the dragon was laid to rest by a party in which some memebers claimed to be gathered and guided by a group that never showed themselves except once when they were first gathered up and sent out to stop the dragon. No one, not even the heroes who are believed to have killed the crazy dragon, knows exactly how the dragon was killed. All they know is that it is dead and it's body was found high in the mountains a few weeks after people stopped seeing him.

Since then the country has been rebuilding itself. There are still lots of problems with assassins and skirmishes breaking out between lesser nobles and even some of the more influential nobles. At first it was believed that the mythical group that guided the heroes would step up and guide the country back to prosperity. Unfortunately, they never came, which caused the people and especially the nobles to doubt the heroes truthfulness or mental stability if they talked about their mysterious guides.

The wars between the nobles have started to decrease as the country becomes stabilized once more. Unfortunately, a new plague of problems has begun emerge within the nation. There are many small problems that range across the nation. Those that live in more rural areas have been seeing their crops growing slightly stunted for the last few years. The hunters have been having trouble bringing in as many animals as they used to and there's about a dozen more injuries per year in each community when they go out to hunt from crazed animals. Those people who live in the cities and larger communities have noticed a slight increase in birth defects and miscarriages. The nation's population has not increased as many have expected. The people may have noticed that lightening and fire elementals have been turning up a bit more frequently and the water and earth elementals are not as easily found as they had been around 100 years before.

No one has really thought to talk about their area's problems with people from another area. Most people think their area is just going through a hard time and that this will let up in a few years. Even the travelers generally think that.

This is where your characters will come in. They have received an invitation within the last year to meet in the edge of the untamed forest of Pruvia near the city of Bicktu (the capital). They also contain the exact date that you are invited there along with the orders that if you wish to come, to be there exactly three hours after dawn and attack no person that you meet. These letters may be found wherever you wish, but they are not delivered in person or though the mail. Most often they are found in an area that your character alone would look or see. The letter also contains an offer something that would encourage them to come, whether that is money, women, knowledge, or protecting others, which will be discussed between you and me through TG and I will probably send you a copy of what the letter would say through TG. If you wish to join up in a way other than the letters that your person is drawn to the area, TG me or post here and depending on your character, we can come up with something else.

By the way, if I have not done an RP with you, please show a writing sample, if I have, don't worry about a writing sample. A few rules within my RP, this is not a high tech world, crossbows are there, but uncommon, and repeating crossbows are extremely rare. If you are using an uncommon weapon, and your weapon breaks, it may be hard to replace the parts. Freeflow time is fine if you fall behind. No God-like characters. Hidden things are fine with characters, if you want, you can bring them in yourself, or TG me and I can work them into the story if you wish.

Here's what I want for your chars:

Name:
Race:
Physical Description/Appearance:
Abilities:
Motivation:
Alignment:
Weakness:
Bio:
Last edited by Mombacho on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Blastit Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Blastit Empire » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:28 pm

I shall reserve the spot as Co-GM to help out as we go along, unless you don't want me to take that position anymore :p

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:39 pm

Of course you're still going to be Co-GM. lol :p

Oh btw everyone, I'm new at running a story, which is partly why Blastit's going to be a Co-GM with me. I would also like to keep this story going and not have it die on me so I would appreciate it if you could post at least somewhat regularly. If you seem to be dieing out I'll start TGing you to try getting you back, but if you're out for too long I may just write you out of the story even if I really like your character.
Last edited by Mombacho on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhinara
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rhinara » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:18 pm

By somewhat regularly, do you mean at roughly the same pace as Fragmented, or a faster pace than that? I know I wouldn't be able to post every day for sure, and I'm typically not around on weekends to post.

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Hoping to go a little faster than Fragmented in general. I'm really hoping for about a post a week out of people.

Ravea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ravea » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Name:Scylla el-Zaravanti
Race: Human
Physical Description/Appearance: Tall and lithe with medium-length brown hair. Wears a wide-brimmed paper hat, a modest light purple full-length robe, and carries a small backpack, shamisen, and walking stick. Her eyes are milky white, and she is quite obviously blind.
Abilities: Despite her age, she is very strong and fast, and can 'feel' the movements of those around her. She rarely participates in combat, though legends of a skilled blind woman wielding a spear are sometimes whispered about in taverns; she herself has nothing to say on this matter. Her remaining senses are acutely enhanced, and she is very good at sensing the general feelings of those around her. Well-traveled and extraordinary gifted musician.
Motivation: Finding a long-lost relative
Origin: Unknown
Alignment: Neutral Good. Scylla means well, but has been gravely wronged in the past and is somewhat jaded.
Weakness: While she had compensated for her blindness adequately as far as combat goes, she is still a social outcast, and she has little faith in her own abilities. She despises pity, and tries to function without help, though this can sometimes be difficult for her. Most of all, she is afraid of being useless.

Bio:Born blind into a gang of street children, the Scylla never had a family. She was a Goze by trade, a blind traveling musician who sustained herself on talent. As she grew slightly older she was forcibly impressed into a group of bandit highwaymen and used as bait to lure unsuspecting merchants into traps. Eventually, a heist went bad, and Scylla was nearly killed by mercenaries hired by a particularly cautious trader. Left for dead by her captors, a group of wandering monks found her before whisking her off to their monastery. After she was fully healed, the monks trained her to use her blindness as an advantage rather than a hindrance, so that she could sense the actions of those around her.

Eventually, she was forced out of the monastery when she conceived a child; the father was executed and her son was sold into slavery. She left bitter and angry, vowing never to rely on anyone again, and started a journey to recover her son. She has been on the road for twenty years now, and has only scraps of information as to her son's whereabouts.
~Omnia mutantur, nihil interit~

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Ravea, like your character and she's approved. Will TG you in a moment since letters won't work so well for her with her being blind.

Ravea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ravea » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:22 pm

Mombacho wrote:Ravea, like your character and she's approved. Will TG you in a moment since letters won't work so well for her with her being blind.

Huh, hadn't thought of that. Whoops.

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:37 pm

Don't worry bout that. Look at my TG see if you like anything in that.

Blackhawk9
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Character

Postby Blackhawk9 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:41 am

Name: Troy Sacheil

Race: Merfolk

Description: 5’6”. Blue skinned with no hair. His body structure is similar to a human. There are gills running from the back of his head all the way down his back to his waist. He has a sixth sense where when he senses danger his gills on his back straighten into blades sharp as a knife to protect his surroundings. He also has 4 guiding fins, 2 on his wrists and 2 on his ankles each pointing to the back. These fins are extremely thick and come to a point about a foot from the wrists and ankles. Once in the water, his feet interlock with each other and turn into a flipper making him very fast in and out of the water. Around his waist he wears a cloth going to his knees with a belt made from eel skin. On the belt is a pocket that holds a crystal shaped like a shark‘s tooth which he still is unsure what it is he’s been passed down.

Abilities:
fast moving in water and out. He’s very light on feet making him able to jump to heights most can’t reach. When in the water he can form a water energy that can be used to stun enemies for a short period of time. Out of water he can only use melee attacks.

Motivation: To prove to not just himself but others that he is worthy of his post next to the crowned prince. He’s hoping to one day to be next to the king himself. Also to search for the answer to the crystal he had gotten from his mother.

Origin: Malta

Alignment: Neutral because if age but has a tendency to lean towards good because of the war

Weakness:
He is weak to being out of water. Still unsure of what the crystal can do it seems that with it, he can stay out of water for a longer period of time then other merfolk. When he’s been out of water for a long period of time he will start to weaken and will slowly become more human.

Bio: Troy grew up in the city of Malta with his mother, father, and 2 brothers named Kano and Varun. When Troy turned 6 an evil merfolk named Jerara came into the city of Melta and took the thrown. Many merfolk’s homes were destroyed from the followers of Jerara including Troy’s. During the attack on his house, he, his mother and his 2 bothers hid from the site of the followers while their father tried to defend their house. It was too late; the follower took the father away to be enslaved and was now going after everything they had. As the followers got closer and closer to finding the rest of the family Troy’s mother gave him a crystal telling him to hold on to it. As soon as she placed the crystal into the hands of Troy the followers ripped Troy’s mother right from him. Unsure of what to do, Troy bolts with his two brothers to try to get as far away from the city as possible.

6 years later…Troy has found a secret society right on the outskirts of Malta. He, his brothers, and a bunch of older merfolk tried to form an army to overtake the powerful Jerara. That’s when Teal took rain of the society and lead them into the city. The war only lasts for 14 day by the time the army of Teal was able to take back what was rightfully theirs. As the war over Malta ended, Teal took the thrown, released the prisoners and announced his guards. Troy looked and looked for his parents but with no avail found that they were killed my Jerara himself. It was said that Jerara was looking for a sacred crystal.

As time went on Troy was announced as the royal guard of crowned prince and still wondered what was so special about this crystal.

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Sorry for the long wait BH9, but your character is accepted, just remember that if you show whatever the stone does, you should run it by me so it doesn't make it too easy for you guys.

Luporum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Luporum » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:51 pm

GENTLEMEN.

I'll have a character up soon :)

Code4destruction
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Code4destruction » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Name: Commander Gegouf (jayg-off) of Tuskansoot

Race: humanoid (Tusker)
Tuskers (no matter their occupation) are considered more animal than human by outside races who have never seen their society. They communicate with nature, the question for them is what aspect of nature. Some focus on the plants, others become high water priests, others are animal tamers, others focus on darker things. All Tuskers consider themselves vital parts of an army meant to serve their Queen. The ruler of their nation is always a Queen, women are believed to hold a holy place in their land due to an ancient tale. Therefore, it is common for a woman to have many Tusker men for husbands at once by the time she is of Wizened Age (Tuskers can live 3 human lifetimes, perhaps more).

Height: 6'8"

Physical Description/Appearance: Deep red hair kept back in a short spiky ponytail. Black eyebrows. Bronze colored skin tough enough to withstand weaker blades. Tall imposing man. Very muscled. Short gristly beard. Tawny orange eyes that flame like coals when in the heat of battle. Sharper than normal teeth. Several scars on his arms and chest with a large one running diagonally across his face (given by his diamond clawed Tigerhorse summon mount named Viskor).

Weapons:
He has a 2-H axe on his back for the cleaving. He mostly uses a 1-H broadsword and shield. To his hips he has two lightweight throwing axes attached. He can also perform archery with decent accuracy (as can most dragoons), but because it is not necessary for his Paladin build, he does not carry a bow and quiver.

Armor:
Even though Paladins are heavy armor warriors, built to take a beating, Tuskers aren't too heavily armored as it would slow them down in their hot, jungle/mountain climate. Leather (instead of chain mail) tunic. Iron breastplate that belts to the left side with a crest of your greatest achievement (in Gegouf's case, his Tigerhorse). Iron armlets and leg guards that belt on. Light weight mesh leggings. Iron helm with a plume of long red feathers from a dragon's mane (signature of a high ranking Dragoon officer).

Abilities: Strength, endurance, experienced tamer and rider of wild creatures (a normal trait for his race). Fast and agile for his size (also a trait developed in his homeland). Magic abilities that come with his occupation as a Paladin such as defense buffs, healing, party buffs, and holy attacks. Also can use Warrior's Roar, a skill that can frighten weaker minds into submission. Berserk: a skill unique to Gegouf due to his past. It's actually frowned upon for a warrior to lose control of himself in battle. Thus, Gegouf suppresses it.

Mount:
Viskor, his Tigerhorse, is large enough to ride and a weapon on its own. Tigerhorses of Garrothmore are large (standing 6 feet high), carnivorous, blue or red maned creatures usually with black fur and white stripes or orange fur and black stripes. Viskor is black and white with a blue mane. They have a face and body and tail like a horse but their legs and feet are cat-like. They are extremely territorial. When Gegouf was 18, he bonded with a rare diamond clawed Tigerhorse during his Warrior class proving but not before suffering some heavy wounds.

Every Warrior has the option of advancing to Dragoon ranks. Within those ranks are skilled warriors of light called Paladins or the Queen's Own. To become a Paladin, one must mediate for a year in the falls of Lake Oolonia at the center of Garrothmore to seek inner wisdom else they will be destroyed.

When Gegouf was 21, his newlywed wife was murdered. Feeling he had nothing to lose, he set off to become a Paladin or die trying. Now that he has been a Paladin for around 10 years, he quickly achieved commanding ranks.

Motivation: save his dying world, reclaim his honor, the thrill of battle

Origin: Garrothmore, Tuskansoot (a farmland town on the edge of the forests near the black mountains)

Garrothmore is a land of warriors like animals. The land has two main regions, the surrounding black mountain rise above the inner jungle. The center has a lake Lake Oolonia (oo-lone-ya) considered holy to its people based off a legend of a maiden that gave her life to save the land. It is the only known source of water. Many warriors spend a year in meditation (no food or drink) before they take the path of Paladin.

Dark Knights (Shadeblades) are the Mountain Tusker opposite of Paladins who use dark magic and status effects. They tend to be smaller and leaner. The Mountain Tusker holy ground is a small underwater limestone cavern deep within the black mountain range of Grimcore. No one knows exactly what their training entails, but they are considered heretics and a danger to true blood Tuskers. Though there has yet to be outright civil war, frequent skirmishes have led further inland. A taint believed to be a result of Grimcore is causing Oolonia to sicken. The waters are receding and food is beginning to wither. But the signs are still invisible to the untrained. Even so, within a 2 or 3 years, everyone will notice the coming dry spell. By then, chaos will reign.

Alignment: chaotic good. Gegouf does what he thinks is right, but his culture and customs are different. His right may be another's wrong. He doesn't kill those he feel are weaker than him unless it is ordered by one he trusts. He doesn't help those he feels will deviate him from his goals.

Weakness: Eventually, he'll discover sweets in a human town and become addicted. Also his berserk mode is considered a weakness because he loses concern for his own life.

Bio: Already a warrior by the time he was 16. When he was 18, Gegouf tamed the diamond clawed Tigerhorse for his Prooving to join the dragoon ranks. Shortly after, when he was 21, he married the most beautiful girl he had ever laid eyes on. On their wedding night, a band of rouge Mountain Tuskers raided Tuskansoot. In an attempt to defend their town, Gegouf's wife was killed. He then left everything behind and became absorbed in his training. He went to Lake Oolonia and became a Paladin. Quickly, he rose in ranks to a Commander. His old grudge may interfere with his better judgment sometimes. For example, his most recent berserk attack led him to slaying one of his own men (a Dark Knight loyal to the Queen). He's now technically an outcast, but the Queen in her gracious power allows him to work on solo missions of great importance. When he was banned, he was stripped of his title Commander and thus became likened to a nobody. This is a great shame among the Tuskers as a warrior without a title is considered lacking of honor and therefore no warrior at all.

Code4destruction
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

More about Garrothmore Military and History

Postby Code4destruction » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:27 pm

I. Garrothmore
Ruled by a single Queen who has rule over all. The land is divided between Jungle and Mountain. Small villages in the jungle exist. The houses are normally built in trees like a complex spider web and on guarded on the ground level. The closer you live to the center, the more holy and higher class you are. The center has Lake Oolonia, where the Queen resides in the center of the lake. The sky is her roof and the lake is her bed. In other words, there is no castle. When she meditates, a lotus blossom rises and conceals her then takes her down to the bottom of the lake so that she can communicate with the ancestors. The black mountains has several ranges and each clan that lives within it takes the name of that range as their surname. Not all that live in the black mountain feel loyalty to the Queen and thus have began forming a resistance to separate from the Jungle Tuskers. To note, some Jungle Tuskers are sent there as outcasts. These outcast do not improve relations between the two cultures. The leaders of the Mountain Tuskers like representatives of each range to the Queen. The leader of the Grimcold Range rebelled and now leads the resistance. This leader believes that the Tuskers have become too comfortable in their lands when, with their military power, they could capture other lands and thus not need to rely on the little waters of the ruling "witch" Queen.

A. Tusker Military
1. Foot Soldier (the beginning group)
a. Warrior
1. focuses on melee training and animal taming
b. Wilder
1. focuses on range and taming
c. Lay
1. uses all energy to learn magics of all kinds: nature (becoming the beast), healing, defense
d. Barbarian
1. primal and considered the lost. they run like a pack of wild animals and have no magics. They are fiercly strong and desire little above the basic luxuries. though both Jungle and Mountain Tuskers feel these creatures are uncivil, they respect them as battle companions as long as the creature does not attack them.
2. Dragoon (melee specialist, can converse with nature and beasts to a limited level) special infantry above foot soldiers. They come with a mix of skills and are known to be heavy attackers
a. Paladin (Jungle Tusker)
1. holy knights that fight in the name of the Queen on mounted beasts that they have made a life connection to.
b. Dark Knight (aka Shadeblade/ Mountain Tusker)
1. use dark magics like entropy. they usually fight for their own glory, though some have pledged loyalty to the Queen. they wear black/dark blue armor as opposed the to paladin white/gold/ivory.
3. Beast Tamer (they rougish group, can converse with nature and beasts to an intimate level)
a. Wild Master
1. light weight armor. they sacrifice strength for better dexterity to be on par with their animal companions. usually has several life bonds. makes use of flying animals such as the Dragon Feathers which they ride atop and shoot down arrows on their enemies.
b. Shadow Master
1. light armor. less physically powerful so they can be more rogue like. excellent spies and poison users. bonded with the shadows they can pass unseen in the night.
4. Seers (the mage group, can converse with the spirit world)
a. Holy Guardian
1. proponents of the nature of life. These robed figures are the queen's personal guard. They are lean but fierce. Considered the strongest and bravest among the classes, at the risk of Berserk, they choose the meld their minds with animals and transform into beasts. They also can manipulate plants with their spirit, believing everything has a soul. Some are rumored to even posses the power to resurrect people.
b. Unholy Eyes
1. advocates of the nature of death. Clothed in dark robes, they perform mystical spells considered heretic such as bone control and decay. They prefer control of weather which they believe nature cannot exist without. Due to their practices, the Black Mountains tend to have perpetual storm clouds.

B. History
Oolonia was a Holy Guardian, the most powerful of her kind, who rose to lead her people (the Tusker ancestors). The land had been lain barren by the wrath of the Volcano god. Therefore, Oolonia sacrificed her virginity to the god to appease him. However, at the last minute, she betrayed the god and killed him, taking her own life as well in remorse for her betrayal. The land felt pity on her and the gods of nature, thankful to her, swallowed the volcano. It sank into the earth and in its place a deep crystal lake formed to replenish the land. Since then, the land had been blessed with fertility (Oolonia's children) and the people replenished their lost world. Every year, they pay homage to Oolonia by the Queen lighting a small fire in the center of the lake before saying a prayer and dousing it with her own body. During times of stress, it is the ruling Queen's responsibility to sink to the bottom of the lake (believed to rest at the center of the earth) and become possessed by Oolonia's spirit to communicate with her for advice. During that time, the Garrothmore (especially the Jungle Tuskers) are at their most vulnerable.

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:52 pm

C4D, your character is accepted.

Code4destruction
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Code4destruction » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:16 pm

:clap: neato. you know what would be a good idea? if there comes a lot of character profiles on different pages like in Frag, post a link to that page with all the character profiles as the link title in your first post. That way, people will know how many characters are in the RP, who they are, and have easy access to look at detailed profiles.

for example you can add to the bottom of your first post:
Current Character Profiles:

then, underneath it...

Page 1:
Scylla el-Zaravanti Ravea
Troy Sacheil Blackhawk9
Gegouf Code4destruction

Page 2:
[url=pg2's url]name of character[/url] nation player's ID
Last edited by Code4destruction on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luporum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Luporum » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:15 am

Name: Masozi Zuberi

Race: Dark Elf

Physical Description/Appearance: Masozi stands at diminutive five foot and five inches. There is nothing remarkable about the dark elf: red eyes, medium length black hair, dark blue skin and that is what makes him effective; his ability to be overlooked and underestimated. He dresses poorly, often as a farmer or common street thug. Underneath his unimpressive facade is a muscular, finely toned, killing machine.

Abilities: Tremendous stealth skills, expert in various poisons, master in close range combat and lightening fast.

Weapons: On his left forearm is a hidden ten inch retractable claw used primarily for blinding his opponents. On his right wrist is a seven inch tanto dagger often laced with poison. He keeps numerous throwing stars in his uppersleeves and throwing daggers tucked away in his belt and boots. On his back is a 24 inch wakizashi short sword used for head on fighting.

Motivation: Avenging his Preceptor's death.

Origin: Bicktu

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Weakness: Not exceptionally strong, lacks any defense against magic, and primarily relies on sneak attacks and agility.

Bio: Masozi was born the bastard son of his father, a house slave, and the noble woman of the house. Immediately after birth, both his father and mother were executed by the outraged noble. However, young Masozi was kept alive for the sole purpose of being the object of noble's rage and sadism. He was beaten, starved, burned, and mutiliated until the age of ten when the boy slipped free and slaughtered his captor in his sleep.

He then found himself wandering the unfamiliar streets of Bicktu lost and alone. Like most street urchin he quickly fell into a life of theft and crime, but was far more vicious and ravenous than any other petty thief. Masozi killed without regret or regard; to him, murder was the best method of avoiding capture: a dead victim cannot testify against him. At the age of 16, his merciless cutthroat ways garnered attention in the eyes of the Guild of Exchange, a mythical band of assassins. His senses were sharpened, his skills were perfected, his purpose in life finally realized.

For another 16 years Masozi carved a bloody path all across Zibbanta under orders of his beloved Preceptor, one of only three ranked masters in the guild. However, during one of the rare personal meetings, only her head was there to greet him. Instantly he was ambushed and wounded by several arrows narrowly escaping with his life.
Last edited by Luporum on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:57 am

Lup, your character's accepted.

C4D, we kinda do a recap of all characters and what's happened on pg 9 of ooc, but I'll probably use your suggestion rather than copying every character.

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:31 pm

TG to Ravea and Lup. I'm working on the letters that everyone will be receiving so everyone that's approved will be getting a TG soon hopefully.
Last edited by Mombacho on Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theao
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Theao » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:43 pm

I'm here, I'm interested, I don't yet have an idea.

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:41 pm

Don't worry Theao. I'm just starting to get the letters to people so that I don't have to do them all at the same time. Not to mention with some people I'm still thinking about what exactly will be said in the letters.

C4D, I've got a tg for you too.

If anyone thinks that the letters (or what is said) wouldn't draw your character then send me a tg so we can tweak it.

Free Eagles
Envoy

Founded: Oct 04, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Eagles » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:27 am

*swans in fashionably late*
Glad I didn't miss this by being away, it sounds interesting. :)

So, character:

Rhianna Silverbirch

Name: Rhianna Silverbirch y Peris (also Rhianna Songweaver)
Species: high elf
Appearance: 156cm tall, pale skin with a small scattering of freckles across her nose and cheeks, short, neck-length golden hair, sea-green eyes, slender, athletic build. Despite full-blooded elven heritage, her ears are only very slightly pointed, such that to many observers she appears to be human. Wears fairly lightweight, but otherwise sturdy travelling clothes in greens and browns, with a light hooded cloak in dark green fastened by a silver clasp below her neck and soft leather boots. She also wears a silver endless-knot necklace set with small gems and a silver leaf-pattern ring set with a small emerald on her left index finger, along with some other minor jewellery, and her various daggers are concealed within her clothes. The pack she wears on her back is magical; able to contain many times its own volume of items and still remains easy to lift (though it cannot contain single objects that would not otherwise fit inside). As such it contains almost all her possessions, including her clothes, flute case, writing materials, notes, some books and her provisions.

Abilities: As a bard, she is well practiced in many forms of entertainment, including song, dance, story-telling and the playing of her fine worked silver flute. As a side-effect of her dancing skills, she also has considerable acrobatic capability. Thanks to her other occupation, she is also well versed in history, geography, peoples and folklore, though she does have a slight tendency to remember trivial, random or amusing details before anything useful. When it comes to fighting, she can hold her own well enough in a small-scale fight (one or two opponents) using her various daggers, but struggles in large battles or general melees. She has some minor magical talents with illusions and tricks, but has demonstrated an almost remarkable inability to pick up any other varieties of magic.

Origin: Nant Peris, small elven town
Alignment: Neutral Good
Weakness: Although quick on her feet, she has little physical strength which, together with her slender build, means she is easily manhandled around, at least until she sticks a dagger in you. She has no proper training in combat either, so when caught outside of situations which might happen in a tavern or a dark alley, she may quickly be overwhelmed. She also has a tendency to lose things in her magic bag – unable to find them when she wants or needs them without an extensive search.

Bio:
Even as a young girl, Rhianna had shown great interest in song, dance and the telling of stories, though for a long time it was expected that she would follow in her parents’ stone and metal weaving business. However, her inability to grasp the intricacies of the magic involved meant she would be unable to do so and for a time she was at a loss for what to do. Her dilemma was eventually solved when a travelling bard visited their town and reignited her passion for stories and performing. With her parents blessing, she left her home in the company of the bard, learning and perfecting her skills as they travelled from settlement to settlement.

For a time, she remained in one of the elven cities, during which she discovered that her passion for stories extended to history, folklore and legend beyond the common stories told. She spent much of her spare time buried in the books and tomes of the great library, attempting to learn all she could of the world. Eventually though, she realised that to truly learn all she could of the world, she would have to travel it. Since then she has spent her years travelling across the world, trading songs, stories and dances for food, shelter and access to libraries to learn the stories and histories of the places she visited.

For nearly thirty years she has so travelled, lifting spirits and stealing hearts with her bright eyes, enchanting voice and captivating looks; performing for kings, farmers and everyone in between and she enjoys doing so even more now than when she first set out from home. Her guiding desire now though, is to become truly famous; not to be the hero of the next epic tale, but to be the source of the tale itself, so that when it is told decades later, it will be her words that live on forever.
Last edited by Free Eagles on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:28 am

Accepted FE and a tg to you. Glad you made it.

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:00 pm

Well I think we're about ready to start. Theao's going to get a character up soon and I have a few people who are excited to get this story rolling. If enough want to, I'll get this started tomorrow sometime and we'll go a little slow until Theao gets his character up and I handle his letter. Go ahead and put up your vote
Last edited by Mombacho on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ravea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ravea » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Mombacho wrote:Well I think we're about ready to start. Theao's going to get a character up soon and I have a few people who are excited to get this story rolling. If enough want to, I'll get this started tomorrow sometime and we'll go a little slow until Theao gets his character up and I handle his letter. Go ahead and up your vote

Woooooooo!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates