NATION

PASSWORD

[Scrapped] Tangled Relations

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Sprose
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 10, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

[Scrapped] Tangled Relations

Postby Sprose » Fri May 03, 2024 3:29 pm

I wanted to make an issue that acknowledges the strange combination of laws with complicated consequences. this is on the intersection of marriage messes and the legal system.

[validity]:
Polygamy
Marriage Equality
Permanent Marriage
No Adultery
Courts are present (not No Judistion)
Incest Illegal (if tracked)

[description]
After the death of a village elder @@random name1@@ without a will, the inheritance had to be divided between @@his@@ spouses. It was then discovered that half the village was married to each other including several parents to their children. After the Supreme Court judge wouldn’t solve this issue, the lawyer and some representatives of the polycule came to you.

[option 1]
An old man dries his tears with a handkerchief. “@@He1@@ cheated once and then had all of us marry to cover it up, but to think that the web of marriages had gone this far." He sniffles "@@He1@@ always said that @@he1@@ wanted me to grow old in @@his1@@ house. Now it will be divided between hundreds of unrelated people." Distraught he yells "Just make adultery legal again. I’d rather just that torrid affairs were the standard than 50 years of marriage meaning nothing.”

[Effect]
Side pieces are back on the menu!
[aldutery is now legal]

[option 2]
Dear @@leader@@, a well-dressed woman starts, “I don’t particularly enjoy being married to my son. I assure you I was horrified when I found out. I didn’t at the time of his marriage because I married my high school ‘sweetheart’, then later the baker and then the shoemaker, also my high school ‘sweetheart’ married five other people” She pauses to think “Three of which who were already married to someone that had already married.” She pauses to count on her finger “Anyway Just let us take out the trash after each one."

[Effect]
Not all mistakes are forever.
[Divorce is now legal]

[option 3]
A serene gentleman and peaceful wife stride into your office. “Who could have predicted this” the wife caresses her husband. “so unforeseeable” the husband laments “Who knew that adding all these extra options would confound, confuse, and convolute” The wife shakes her head. “If only someone would make life simple again.” they embrace giving their statement in unison “Just two people, a man and a woman, faithful to each other, forever.” The couple give you a poignant stare, before leaving as gracefully as they came.

[Effect]
Rocket scientists are recruited to neatly divide the most complex polycules into pairs.
[Compusery Heterosexuality. Marriage Equality, Polygamy]

[option 4a] validity Sex legal
The lawyer taps several stacks of papers “I never saw the point of this mess, just ban marriage. Problem solved no marriage, no pain.” He nods to another wheelbarrow of documents “Actually also ban Sex while you're at it. All inheritance can then go to the state." He grins "Less taxes would be better than sex anyway.”

[Effect]
The race to the grave is a zero-sum game.
[No marriage, No Sex, Permanent marriage]

[option 4b] validity Sex Illegal
The lawyer taps several stacks of papers “I never saw the point of this mess, just ban marriage. Problem solved no marriage, no pain. Its just paperwork to tell who is your best friend anyway, All inheritance can then go to the state." He grins "Who doesn’t get off over a tax break.”

[Effect]
The race to the grave is a zero-sum game.
[No marriage, Permanent marriage]

[Option 5]
"Can you hurry it up" @@random name@@ breaks away from his wife's saliva “I just wanna sleep with my wife, and now I am in your office questioned about being married to my mom." he cringes "Newsflash, these marriages mean as much as you wanna bang someone. And no one cares about your documents we fill in so we don't go to jail or like a fi-" He goes back in for a kiss before continuing "And Also. Just chill with these courts, I don’t care about the old man’s pocket money anyway. Let people decide themselves how things should be run and lay off, if no one had come with all these ‘laws’ to our doorstep everyone would have figured it out themselves”

[Effect]
@@leader@@ job is to choose government gentle suggestions rather than actual laws
[No jurisdiction]

[Option 6a] Validity no prisons
"Funny you should mention jail" Your rule-enthusiast secretary struts into the room, “Someone broke the law, put them in jail”. @@he3@@ whispers after passing a note of every married person who flirted with @@him3@@ this week, "You should reinstate those"

[Effect]
Marrying someone can feel like a prison sometimes.
[No prisons]

[Option 6b] Validity prisons
"Funny you should mention jail" Your rule-enthusiast secretary struts into the room. “Someone broke the law, put them in jail.” @@he3@@ yells after passing a note of every married person who flirted with @@him3@@ this week and eyeing your overfilled office.

[Effect]
Getting yourself a prison wife often comes with extras
Last edited by Sprose on Sun May 05, 2024 1:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Fri May 03, 2024 6:36 pm

Sprose wrote:After the death of a village elder @@random name1@@ without a will, the inheritance had to be divided between @@his@@ spouses. It was then discovered that half the village was married to each other including several parents to their children.
So what? The only thing that matters is who the deceased elder was married to.

Sprose wrote:"Just make adultery legal again."
How is this even remotely relevant to the premise? Whether or not adultery is legal has nothing to do with how inheritance is calculated when a bunch of people are married to each other.

Sprose
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 10, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sprose » Sun May 05, 2024 1:21 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I thought about it allot.

The initial idee was based on the aldultery so clearly my angle didn't cover the issue like I intended.

When I have more time I will rewrite the Issue but with the angle that people are evading the no aldultery, no divorce rules by just all marrying eachother. Then have a moral based reason why it lands on leaders desk.

Return to Got Issues?