NATION

PASSWORD

Flamebait?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Port Carverton
Minister

Founded: Sep 27, 2023
New York Times Democracy

Flamebait?

Postby Port Carverton » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 pm

New haven america wrote:
Port Carverton wrote:https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/ca ... rcantilism

A quick research says it's a precursor to it, not a variant of it, which makes sense when you consider mercantillism is the system liberals fought against by proposing free trade and minimum intervention in the economy.

Yeah, congrats, does literally nothing to disprove my point.

I'll pretend to be shocked this post contains nothing of value even though I already expect that: "Oh PC, I'm shocked, there's nothing worth reading here!"

I think NHA is trying to flamebait me just for simply replying to them.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 pm

Flamebait requires that I try and dig at you personally.

Which I'm not, I'm attacking your post for providing no actual argument or anything of value relating to my post.

"It's in the same context of trolling but with flamebaiting it's just the one person. Also included under flamebaiting is malicious quote editing, changing the contents of a quoted post without showing the original text, either through color changes or strike-out."

So I'm not attacking you of trying for a response (Simply pointing out the fact that your argument doesn't change anything about mine), didn't quote edit, nor did I change content.
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Port Carverton
Minister

Founded: Sep 27, 2023
New York Times Democracy

Postby Port Carverton » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:29 pm

New haven america wrote:Flamebait requires that I try and dig at you personally.

Which I'm not, I'm attacking your post for providing no actual argument or anything of value relating to my post.

"It's in the same context of trolling but with flamebaiting it's just the one person. Also included under flamebaiting is malicious quote editing, changing the contents of a quoted post without showing the original text, either through color changes or strike-out."

So I'm not attacking you of trying for a response, didn't quote edit, nor did I change content.

You do mention me, though. It's even highlighted.

Also, my post does try to challenge the view that mercantillism is capitalism, yet for whatever reason you act so smug and pretend it doesn't.

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 pm

I SHOULD be going after ya both for threadjacking. Whether capitalism is a successor to or variant of mercantilism doesn't really matter much in a thread about one's impressions on communism. Arguing about whether 'precursor' and 'variant' are synonyms is a very odd hill to fight over, and that ain't the place for it.

Both of ya, knock it off.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Return to Moderation