NATION

PASSWORD

2025: The Hands of Change | IC | Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

2025: The Hands of Change | IC | Open

Postby Chewion » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 pm

2025: The Hands of Change

OOC| Map | Discord

The year 2025 presents itself as a pivotal chapter in world history, offering a complex web of geopolitical challenges and opportunities for nations around the globe. As nations grapple with the ever-increasing global population, the imperative to navigate this growth with strategic finesse has never been more critical.

In Asia, China's ascendancy as a dominant force is evident, casting a long shadow over regional dynamics. It compels nations to navigate the intricate dance of allegiance, balancing between the East and the West. Internationally, China faces condemnation for its treatment of the Uighur population, actions labeled by many as genocide, highlighting a grave human rights crisis within its borders. Moreover, China's maneuvers in the South China Sea, marked by illegal territorial claims and provocative military posturing, exacerbate tensions and challenge the norms of international law and maritime sovereignty.

India, in the midst of an economic surge, contends with the complexities of religious discord and a longstanding territorial dispute with Pakistan over Kashmir, underscoring the region's intricate geopolitical landscape.

Europe's narrative is shaped by the echoes of the USSR's dissolution, with Russia reasserting its global presence, challenging Western perspectives and stirring international debate over the future course of global affairs. The continent itself is a battleground of ideologies, with political factions vying for influence and shaping the discourse on Europe's future direction.

The Middle East is marked by the intensifying rivalry between Israel and Iran, with Iran often positioned as the antagonist in the region. Iran's contentious nuclear ambitions and support for proxy groups further strain its relations with neighboring countries and the international community, casting a long shadow over regional peace and stability.

Africa's story is one of stark contrasts, where hope perseveres amidst the challenges of ethnic and religious strife. The Congo's resource conflicts and the pervasive threat of extremism in the Sahara and Sahel highlight the continent's enduring struggles and its quest for peace and stability.

North America is witnessing deepening political divides, with both Canada and the United States navigating through periods of significant internal discord. Mexico's battle against cartel influence reflects the broader challenges of governance and law enforcement.

Latin America's landscape is characterized by political turbulence, with Colombia embodying the fragile balance between peace and conflict, reflecting the continent's wider quest for stability amidst adversity.

Against this global backdrop, participants in this role-playing journey are invited to lead their chosen nation from 1980 onwards, navigating through a meticulously crafted scenario that demands realism and strategic acumen. The decisions made will not only shape the fate of nations but also define the legacy of leadership in an era of unprecedented challenges. How will you influence the course of history, and what mark will you leave on the world stage?

Major Unchangeable Events:

Collapse of the USSR
9/11
08 Financial Crisis
South China Sea Disputes
COVID

Leadership:

OP: Chewion
Co-OPs:
NewLakotah

Rules:

1. DO NOT GODMOD! No, but seriously, don’t Godmod, it makes the RP terrible.
    2. The word of the OP and Co-OP is final.
    3. Keep everything PG-13, please.
    4. Do not mix IC and OOC problems, and please keep it courteous in the OOC and IC.
    5. If you have an issue with another player, please ask the OP or Co-OP to moderate it.
    6. Please coordinate with other players if you want to jointly write a post/negotiate deals.
    7. Posts must be at least two paragraphs long and of good quality.
    8. Be respectful.
    9. Note that unchangeable events are completely unchangeable, so no less deadly 9/11 or less damaging 2008 Recession.
    10. Posts can cover a span of up to three months. Each three month period starts following an IEC post except for the first period. The start date is January 20th, 2025.
    11. Players must make at least one post a week, meaning at least every seven days from each post. Extensions may be granted by the OP and Co-OPs on a case by case basis.
    12. Any changes to the irl military must be laid out in the military information section, otherwise the numbers etc will be assumed to be the same as irl.
    13. Not a rule, but do try to have fun.
Last edited by Chewion on Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

Chapter 1: It's Morning in America Again

Washington D.C.
January 20th, 2025

On a crisp, sunlit morning in January, the air vibrated with a sense of renewal and hope as the nation's capital awoke to a day of historical significance. The sprawling lawns of the National Mall, a lush tapestry of green, were awash with the vibrant hues of thousands of American flags, fluttering proudly in the gentle winter breeze. A sea of faces, reflecting the diverse tapestry of America, turned expectantly toward the grandiose West Front of the United States Capitol, where the steps were adorned with red, white, and blue bunting, the very embodiment of the nation's enduring spirit.

The atmosphere was electric, charged with anticipation and a collective sense of purpose, as citizens from every corner of the land gathered, their differences set aside, united in witness to the peaceful transfer of power—a testament to the resilience and beauty of American democracy. The air was filled with the resonant sounds of patriotic melodies, each note a reminder of the country's storied past and the sacrifices made to preserve its freedoms.

At the heart of this ceremonial spectacle stood the President-elect, Ryan Carter, a figure of composure yet visibly moved by the gravity of the moment and the sacred oath he was about to take. Flanked by dignitaries, past presidents, and political allies and rivals alike, there was a palpable sense of continuity and unity, a reaffirmation that, despite the trials and tribulations, the Republic stands unwavering, its foundations strong.

As the ceremony commenced, a hush fell over the assembled crowd, a moment of collective reverence for the solemn traditions that bind the nation. The invocation, delivered with heartfelt earnestness, invoked the blessings of the Lord Jesus Christ, reminding all present of the nation's reliance on divine providence and the principles of faith, hope, and charity.

Then, with his hand placed on a family Bible, President Carter recited the oath of office, his voice steady and resolute, echoing through the Mall and into the annals of history. At that moment, it was as if the entire country took a breath, a silent prayer for the future, before erupting into cheers of affirmation and joyous celebration.

"My fellow Americans,

Today, as we stand on the precipice of a new chapter in our great nation’s story, I am deeply humbled and honored to accept the mantle of leadership as your President. Before I begin, I want to extend my heartfelt gratitude to President Biden, Vice-President Harris, members of Congress, our brave service members, and all of you, my fellow citizens, for your unwavering dedication to this country.

As we gather here, under the watchful eyes of Providence, I am reminded of the words of Scripture, declaring Jesus Christ as Lord. It is in His name that we seek guidance, strength, and wisdom for the journey ahead. I thank Him for His blessings upon our nation and for the promise of His continued grace in our lives. Indeed, I thank the Lord Jesus Christ for this day and opportunity to serve you all and our beloved nation.

Our administration stands on the threshold of a new era, infused with the spirit of conservative populism, honoring the voices of the forgotten men and women across our land. No longer will you be ignored or disregarded, for you are the very backbone of America. Together, we embark on a mission to revitalize our commitment to securing our borders, ensuring that every American feels safe in their community and confident in the security of our nation. Lord willing, we will build a system that respects our laws while welcoming those who come to our shores legally and contribute to our society.

We recommit ourselves to the rule of law, recognizing that true peace comes not from the absence of conflict, but from the presence of justice. Lord willing, our streets will be safe, our communities secure, and the scourge of crime and violence will be met with unyielding resolve.

Our nation faces challenges both at home and abroad. Lord willing, we will confront inflation head-on, implementing policies that foster economic growth, stability, and opportunity for all. We will unleash the full potential of the American economy, ensuring that your hard-earned money retains its value and that the American Dream remains within reach.

The opioid crisis, a shadow that has fallen over too many communities, will be met with compassion and action. Lord willing, we will bolster support for those battling addiction, enhance prevention efforts, and bring to justice those who profit from this epidemic of despair.

On the international stage, we pledge to be strong and resolute. Our military will be unparalleled in might, a beacon of hope and a deterrent to tyranny. Lord willing, we will assure our allies of our steadfast commitment to our shared values and interests, while showing a willingness to engage in diplomacy to resolve conflicts and foster global stability.

Let us move forward with a clear vision and a steadfast heart, guided by the divine hand of God and the enduring principles that have shaped our nation. Together, we will write the next great chapter in the American story—one of hope, resilience, and unwavering faith in the promises of a brighter future.

May God bless each of you, and may He continue to bless the United States of America.

Thank you."

The President's address was a masterful tapestry of vision and resolve, woven with the threads of patriotism and a deep commitment to the welfare of every American. He spoke of a nation poised on the cusp of greatness, ready to face the challenges of a new era with courage and unity. His words, imbued with a profound respect for the sacrifices of those who came before, were a clarion call to action, an invitation to join hands in shaping a future marked by peace, prosperity, and the unyielding pursuit of justice.

As the ceremony drew to a close, the skies above the Capitol gleamed with the brilliant hues of red, white, and blue, as if the very heavens were joining in the celebration. The joyful strains of "The Star-Spangled Banner" filled the air, a poignant reminder of the enduring promise of America, a land of freedom and opportunity, forever guided by the light of liberty and the grace of God.

And so, under the watchful eyes of generations past and with the hopes of generations yet to come resting upon his shoulders, President Ryan Carter stepped into the annals of history, ready to lead a nation forward, Lord willing, into a future as bright and boundless as the American spirit itself.

(Written using ChatGPT)

January 20th, 2025

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
Office of the Prime Minister
Jerusalem
Israel

Dear Prime Minister Netanyahu,

I hope this letter finds you and the people of Israel in peace and prosperity. As I begin my tenure as the 47th President of the United States, I am reaching out to reaffirm the unwavering bond between our two nations and to express my personal commitment to the enduring friendship and alliance between the United States and Israel.

The United States has long stood with Israel, sharing not only strategic interests but also fundamental values of democracy, freedom, and a deep respect for human rights. These shared principles form the bedrock of our alliance and guide our cooperation in various arenas, from security to innovation, and beyond. In light of the complex challenges and opportunities facing our regions and the world at large, I believe it is imperative for us to engage in open, direct, and continuous dialogue. To that end, I would like to extend an invitation for a phone call at your earliest convenience. This conversation will provide us with an opportunity to discuss our shared goals, explore avenues for further cooperation, and reaffirm our mutual commitment to peace and stability in the Middle East.

The United States remains committed to Israel's security and prosperity. Together, we can continue to build upon our nations' historic partnership, confront common threats, and work toward a future marked by peace and prosperity for all our citizens.Please let my office know a suitable time for this call. I look forward to speaking with you soon and to the prospect of further strengthening the bond between our countries.

God bless,

Ryan Carter
President of the United States of America

cc: United States Secretary of State
Ambassador of the United States to Israel
Ambassador of Israel to the United States

January 20th, 2025

President Bo Xilai
People's Republic of China
Zhongnanhai, Xicheng District
Beijing, China

Dear President Bo Xilai,

As I step into my role as the 47th President of the United States on this significant day, I am reaching out to affirm the importance of the relationship between our two countries and to express a sincere desire for open, constructive dialogue. Our nations, as key players on the global stage, have a unique opportunity and responsibility to shape a future marked by peace, stability, and prosperity.With a vision of fostering a more dynamic and mutually respectful engagement, I propose we initiate our discussions with a direct phone call. This conversation will serve as a platform to explore avenues of cooperation, address areas of concern, and set the tone for a productive relationship moving forward.

One particular matter I wish to discuss concerns the case of my fellow Texan, Mark Swidan, a United States citizen currently detained in China. Addressing humanitarian issues such as this is a critical step toward building confidence and understanding between our nations. I believe that through open communication, we can find a resolution that emphasizes our shared commitment to fairness and the well-being of our people.

The United States is dedicated to a relationship with China that respects our mutual interests, acknowledges our differences, and seeks common ground for the benefit of our countries and the world at large. I am hopeful that together, we can navigate the complexities of our bilateral ties and forge a path of collaboration and mutual respect.

Please have your office coordinate with my team at the White House to arrange a suitable time for our conversation.I look forward to our dialogue and to the opportunity to work together in addressing the challenges and seizing the opportunities that lie ahead.

With highest regards,

Ryan Carter

Ambassador of the United States to China
Ambassador of China to the United States

January 21st, 2025

Mr. Zoran Tegeltija
President of the Confederal Presidency
The Union of Yugoslav Republics

Dear President Tegeltija,

I hope this letter finds you well and in good spirits. As I embark on my journey as the 47th President of the United States, I am keenly aware of the importance of fostering strong and constructive relationships with our global partners. It is in this spirit that I extend to you and the people of the Union of Yugoslav Republics my warmest greetings and best wishes.

The bonds between our nations, forged through shared challenges and mutual aspirations, are a testament to the enduring power of international cooperation and understanding. I believe that by working together, we can build upon these foundations to address the pressing issues of our time, from promoting peace and stability to advancing economic prosperity. In recognition of the significant role that open and honest dialogue plays in achieving these goals, I would like to propose a phone call at your earliest convenience. This conversation will provide us with an invaluable opportunity to discuss avenues for enhanced cooperation, explore potential areas of mutual interest, and reaffirm our commitment to a partnership that benefits both our peoples.The United States remains steadfast in its dedication to strengthening the ties that bind our nations. I am confident that through collaboration and shared endeavor, we can navigate the complexities of the modern world to secure a future marked by peace, prosperity, and the mutual respect that characterizes the relationship between our countries.

Please have your office coordinate with my team at the White House to arrange a suitable time for our call. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you directly and to the positive engagement between our nations in the days ahead.

With highest regards,

Ryan Carter

Ambassador of the United States to the Union of Yugoslav Republics
Ambassador of the Union of Yugoslav Republics to the United States
Last edited by Chewion on Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Mutadura
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 21, 2024
New York Times Democracy

Postby Mutadura » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:54 pm

Africa's Basketcase: The Second Republic, Zimbabwe

"You have the Jewel of Africa, Now Look After it." - President Samora Machel of Mozambique and President Julius Nyerere of Tanzania to Robert Mugabe in 1980

The year of the people's storm brought to an end nearly 14 years of armed struggle in the Bush against the forces of settler colonialism and ushered in the birth of Zimbabwe as a beacon of light in a continent darkened by the legacy of a traumatic past. As young and old alike crowded together in the streets of Harare to celebrate the coming of independence, their prime minister spoke of forgiveness and reconciliation. There was still much to be done but for now all was right and well or so it seemed.

Zimbabwe's first 4 years of independence were years spent in peace and prosperity, the new state had reason to believe with great optimism that the struggle in the Bush had paid off and that society was moving towards an era of great progress.

Behind the scenes however, the picture being painted was not one of progression but of regression as new battles were to be fought and won and old lessons relearn often at great cost. While the prime minister spoke of forgiveness and reconciliation his shock troops engaged in a violent campaign of political repression and tribally motivated ethnic cleansing as the world averted its eyes and held its breathe.

While the prime minister spoke of forgiveness and reconciliation, his government was setting into motion the political marginalization of a ethno-racial minority which decades previously had held the whiphand with great enthusiasm much to the indignity of an unrepresented majority clamoring for freedom, in 1987 the die had been cast ending 64 years of participation in the political arena as the community receded into background to tend to their farms, indulge in the playing of Rugby and Cricket, and bask with joy in their swimming pools which were the envy of the world.

By 1985, the economy was beginning to show signs of stagnation and heightened unemployment. The prime minister's government was struggling to produce the kind of results he and his party had promised the masses after independence. Soon came hyperinflation which saw the erosion of ordinary people's savings, their hopes, and their dreams of a better tomorrow. Complicating this was a rise in the price of consumer goods to the point of absurdity but still the worst was yet to come.

When it came to land, the nation was still languishing from colonialism. 20 years into independence little had changed with 1% clinging to 70% of all arable land. Efforts to speed up the transfer of land holdings on the basis of a willing seller willing buyer had come to naught and as funding dried up it became increasingly clear to the president that the time for talking had come to pass - the time for action had arrived.

But who exactly was to benefit from the arrival of action? The president with great exasperation retorted bluntly - the people! The landless peasants! but alas it was not to be and so the nation starved as it's agricultural productivity dwindled to new lows previously unimaginable. International outcry and sanctions followed. The benefactors far from being landless peasants all seemed to wear three piece suits and drink copious amounts of scotch all while planning the results for the next election.

The end of the 1990s saw the emergence of the MDC which sought to democratize the political life of the nation and bring about an end to the virtual monopoly on power enjoyed by the president and his party, the response of the government was swift and gruesome as hundreds of thousands of young activists were thrown into prison often never to be heard from ever again.

The new century despite the mood of optimism among the general populous brought about a sharp decline in the quality of public services, food insecurity, grid failure, and homelessness.

In 2017, the ZNA with the backing of China launched a coup against the president ending his 30 years in office. Not long after that, Emmerson Mnangagwa rose to power promising reform and rejuvenation. Two years later, Mugabe was dead after having spent the remainder of his life between house arrest and the operating table in Singapore.

Upon assuming office, Mnangagwa announced the founding of the second republic an event viewed with a mixture of hope and caution. Among the first acts of his first term in office was to welcome the safe return of white farmers previously forced to flee the country to neighboring Zambia, then came the termination of fast track land reform a policy he condemned as being a source of great frustration and failure. Despite these successes little changed.

As conditions continued to worsen, many came to see the new political climate in Zimbabwe for what it was...now under new management. But alas, ZANU PF remains in power.
For: civic nationalism, pillarization, traditionalism, social democracy

Against: fascism, communism, islamism, zionism, globalism

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:11 pm

Moscow Times

President Carter elected President of the United States

January, 2025

The new President of the United States has now officially been sworn into office and will begin his first term of a fiercely divided nation, hoping not to have the same luck as his last two predecessors - neither of whom received a second term in office. Still, the new president enters with a large upswell of right-wing populist support that swung a majority of both the Senate and the House of Representatives over to the Republicans giving the new President effectively a blank check to get his priority projects done. Projects that include securing the southern border of the United States against rampant illegal immigration, cracking down on crime and drugs, and stimulating growth in the private sector.

On the foreign side of things, the new President has made it clear his positions on American foreign interests, making direct reference to maintaining America’s arsenal in his Inaugural Address. Ensuring America’s security against rising powers - powers that could include China and even the Union State - has been a priority throughout the campaign for President Carter. Carter had criticized his predecessor on the campaign trail for his handling of the withdrawal of Afghanistan and for the general lack of readiness within the US Armed Forces.
All three Heads of State sent their congratulations to the new President and expressed their excitement at the prospects of working together for the betterment of both states. However, this excitement has also been mixed with a healthy dose of skepticism. Despite Carter’s reiteration of a “while showing a willingness to engage in diplomacy”, there has been some concern on the part of Union State officials about the trajectory of American interests and their willingness to use force.

“Our primary concern is maintaining our national security and our national interests abroad. Within the scope of the 21st century, the threats we face have multiplied and leading that threat has been the United States,” Oleg Gaidukevich, Chairman of the Union Parliament, said on the floor of the Union Parliament the day following the Address. “It is more necessary than ever for us to examine our own capabilities and plan our own future accordingly. We cannot allow ourselves to be strong-armed by the United States nor get entangled in trade wars between great powers. We have a very fine balance to walk, as does the President of the United States. It is vital that we are clear on that balance.”

A similar concern was echoed by Anatoly Chubais, Minister of Economic Development & Integration for the Union State Security Council. When asked if he had concerns with the incoming president Chubais replied,
“Well, yes, I have some concerns. The last several years has seen a dozen shocks to trade and international markets - nearly all of them stemming from the United States and China. Their recent trade spats and their continued issues over the South China Sea and Taiwan has made for a very tense situation for global markets. Under Trump this got even worse and Carter seems more willing to follow that line - so yes, I do have some concerns for trade and how that will affect the market of the Union State.”

Despite his concerns, Chubais still was complimentary of the incoming president, highlighting his youth and his market-first economic approach.

“The Americans have chosen someone who does value market principles and that will be something that should benefit both of our states,” Chubais added. “We have a lot of common interests when it comes to economics.”

Moscow-Minsk High-Speed Rail Project set to begin construction in spring

The long awaited HSR project that would connect the two capitals of the Union State and set up a second leg to St. Petersburg and eventually connect all of Eurasia to Europe with highly-modern all-electric High Speed Rail is finally getting off the ground. After years of delay due to COVID-19, corruption and management issues, and ballooning costs, the Union State’s first prestige project has long been seen as Shoigu’s folly, but now finally has life.

The HSR is truly only one piece of the Union State Integration and Development plan set up by Minister Chubais and his economic counterparts in Belarus and Russia. The plan is one that would see billions of rubles investing over the next 10 years, developing industrial and technology hubs in both Russia and Belarus. These new ‘integrated information centers’ would be centers of academia through universities, public investment and private industrial parks and technology centers - aiming to lift both Russia and Belarus away from natural resources and agriculture as their primary income generators.

“Our goal is a simple one,” Minister Chubais told reporters during the announcement regarding the HSR. “We have to integrate the economies of Russia and Belarus - or more accurately reintegrate them. It won’t happen overnight, but we have already made significant progress. We need to have money flowing in both directions. Belarus is the gateway to Central Europe.”

The the passenger rail line would connect to the ongoing efforts to construct the St.Petersburg-Moscow line that would anchor three of the most important cities in all of the Union State with up to 300 km/h speeds, cutting the time of travel by hours and increasing connectivity between all three cities. The plans are apart of a larger picture to reimagine transportation across the Union State. This includes airports - as seen in Minsk - HSR for passenger and freight, more port capacity, and even electric vehicles.

“We are all in on addressing our greatest economic challenges,” Chubaid continued. “That is securing independence and interdependence regionally and globally. That makes ensuring our industrial base is secure, our energy sector is secure and, most importantly, that our transportation sector is secure. That requires an all-out investment into improving internal trade in order to stimulate greater foreign outflows. With high speed rail, we are already on pace to start laying track to Kazan by this year and we could even seen track being laid down to Krasnodar in the next year or two, as well.”

Chubais’s optimism was shared by outgoing Belarusian President Lukashenko.

“This project will bring billions of rubles directly into Minsk and all Belarus", Lukashenko said to the press on Saturday. "It will employ thousands of construction workers and hundreds of professionals and engineers. It will bring tourists and businessmen from Moscow to Minsk and vice versa. It is vital that we extend this artery of Minsk and Moscow to Eurasia as quickly as possible. Connecting the Eurasian Union will bring about economic growth and economic integration that would benefit the entire region. It should be priority number one - after St, Petersburg to connect a southern line through Krasnodar and Grozny to Tbilisi and Yerevan or from Kazan to Astana and all Central Asia. We have to start thinking as a Eurasian Economic Union if we are to succeed financially in this climate.”

Lukashenko who announced that he would be stepping down from the Belarusian presidency and leaving it open for the first time since 1994, has become more and more vocal about the progress of regional integration within the Eurasian Economic Union as well as advancing the ruble as a wider currency system across the Eurasian Economic Union.

“Our economy isn’t large enough to compete,” Lukashenko said simply. “We have to formalize a common market to compete with the European common market or the Chinese markets.”

Lukashenko also expressed his desire to see Iran become a full member of the Eurasian Economic Union and CSTO, stating that it would be the “necessary evolution” of the Eurasian Economic Union and for “Greater Eurasia in general”.

This comes hot on the heels of many news reports coming out of Belarus seeming to indicate that the long-time leader of Belarus was looking to become the head of the Union State. So far Lukashenko has not said anything public on the matter, however has kept his post-presidency goals ambiguous, leading many to think he may be preparing challenge President Shoigu as the next leader of the Union State. As of now, President Shoigu has made it clear that he will seek a second term as President of the Union State, while Sergey Kalyakin has so far been the only challenger so far to enter the race. As of January polls Kalyakin has just 11% of voters compared to Shoigu at 71% with the rest undecided. In a hypothetical matchup between Kalyakin, Lukashenko, and Shoigu the race becomes much closer with Shoigu holding onto a 48-30 percent lead over Lukashenko, with Kalyakin gaining 10%.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:56 am

Union of Yugoslav Republics
Савез југословенских република
Savez jugoslavenskih republika
Сојуз на Југословенски републики
Zveza jugoslovanskih republik

Brotherhood and Unity
Братство и јединство
Bratstvo i jedinstvo
Братство и единство
Bratstvo in enotnos

Terrorist attack in Kosovo
On the 1st of January, explosions rocked the city of Pristina, the capital of the Autonomous Republic of Kosovo, as a series of bombs exploded and severely damaged several apartment blocs in the city's outskirts. Twenty people have died, and at least 50 have been severely wounded, but the quick intervention of firefighters limited the damage brought on by the subsequent fire, with most victims having been made during the initial blast. The attack has been openly claimed by the UÇK, the Kosovo Liberation Army, an Albanian irredentist and ultranationalist group which has been waging a low intensity campaign of terrorist attacks against Yugoslav state institutions and in Kosovo, militating for the union of Kosovo with Albania. It is widely believed by the Yugoslav government that the UÇK is directly supported and financed by the Albanian government, an accusation so far denied by Tirana, and recent accusations have also surfaced that the UÇK might be receiving money from militant Islamist groups and Islamist governments such as those of Iran and Pakistan.
The Confederal Executive Council has reacted promptly to this attack, announcing early in the morning that more units of the Militia of the Union of Yugoslav Republics, the confederal police force, will be moved to Pristina, and that all efforts will be taken to catch and prosecute those responsible for the attack. At the same time, the Confederal Secretariat of Defense has announced that multiple units of the Yugoslav National Army will be moved to Kosovo and to Montenegro, at the border with Albania, in order to help the border guards in their attempts to further secure the border and to serve as a sign for any perceived Albanian support.
His Exellency, the President of the Confederal Executive Council, Andrej Plenković, has also stated that he believes that the situation in Kosovo is not and should not be a reason against the beginning of negotiations with Yugoslavia for its EU Accession, giving the situation of the Basque Country and of Corsica as territories where nationalist sentiments were dealt with within a democratic framework, but where violence would sometimes continue to appear. Plenković has also once again warned Albania not to provide support to the UÇK and has announced that Yugoslavia is prepared to take whatever mentions would be necessary to contain and capture these terrorists.

Confederal Executive Council to begin "final push" for Accession Treaty negotiations
His Exellency, the President of the Confederal Executive Council, Andrej Plenković, has announced today that the Union of Yugoslav Republics will begin its final, diplomatic attempt to obtain full agreements from the European Union and its member states to begin the negotiations for a Yugoslav Treaty of Accession. Yugoslavia submitted its application to join the European Union in June 2018, and became an official candidate state in December of that year. While Yugoslavia meets the Copenhagen criteria, and has in principle agreed to all the obligations of membership, including the adopting of the acquis communautaire and of the Euro, issues continue to plague the process. The Council of the European Union has so far not agreed to beginning accession negotiations with the Yugoslav government, due to various objections which the Yugoslav government has described as politically motivated.
His Excellency, the the President of the Confederal Executive Council, Andrej Plenković, has stated that the Yugoslav state is prepared to continue diplomatic discussions with all EU members which might oppose Yugoslavia's entry into the Union, and that Yugoslavia is fully prepared to begin the negotiations whenever the European Union will decide to start such talks. Plenković has however warned his European discussion partners that the current ruling coalition in Yugoslavia is bound to the wishes of the Yugoslav people, and that unfair and unjust delays and exclusions to Yugoslavia's path towards the EU will continue to erode the Yugoslav peoples' desire to join the Union, and that if no progress is to be done until the end of 2025, the Yugoslav government will have to resign before the Yugoslav elections of 2026, which might lead to a withdrawal of Yugoslavia's application. As such, the President of the Confederal Executive Council has strongly urged both the European Union and the government of its member states to be open to diplomatic discussions in order to accelerate this process and to begin the accession treaty negotiations as soon as possible.

Union of Yugoslav Republics
Савез југословенских република
Savez jugoslavenskih republika
Сојуз на Југословенски републики
Zveza jugoslovanskih republik

Brotherhood and Unity
Братство и јединство
Bratstvo i jedinstvo
Братство и единство
Bratstvo in enotnos

To His Exellency,
President Ryan Carter of the United States of America

Mr. President,

Permit me to warmly congratulate you for your inauguration in the name of the peoples and nations of Yugoslavia. With the long history of relations between our two countries, we continue to firmly believe that improved relations between a united Yugoslavia and the United States will enhance and strengthen the general welfare and peace in Europe and in the Balkans. While the people of Yugoslavia are still hesitant to abandon the neutrality and non-alignment that has marked our country ever since its fight for liberation in the Second World War, we wish to assure the United States, particularly in connection to the complicated geopolitical context of the Balkans, that regardless of what view will prevail within Yugoslavia, the Yugoslav state will continue to be committed to the idea of continuing peaceful and constructive diplomatic relations with the members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

We thank you for your letter, and I will have my office arrange a phone call as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Zoran Tegeltija,
President of the Confederal Presidency of the Union of Yugoslav Republics
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Hakushiya
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 16, 2022

Postby Hakushiya » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:28 pm

⌘ Secure https://duberita.ns/en

dbEnglish | dbMelayu | dbIndo | dbSeithi | Tusheng Tribune | Wahfook Post | Hua Hee Daily | Easternews | dbCorporate
national | regional | asean | global | life | insider | opinion | sports

Election 2025: BNN, PHN unveil confirmed prime ministerial candidate shortlists for republican primaries, other coalitions still indecisive
last updated by Jarvis Chue on January 20, 2025 at 19:00 (UTC+8)

C.A.T PALANGKARAYA - In the lead-up to the republican primaries that will gauge the Nusantaran general public’s support for different prime ministerial bids and help determine the final candidates for the legislative elections later this year, the ruling center-left Nusantaran National Front (Barisan Nasional Nusantara/BNN) and centrist National Alliance of Hope (Perikatan Harapan Nasional/PHN) - two of the major coalitions in the Kampung Nasional (KPN) at Palangkaraya - have both released their shortlists (both listing three prime ministerial hopefuls from each coalition) for use in those primaries shortly before the time of writing.

The BNN has shortlisted the SGWP’s Sylvia Lim (currently the burgomaster of Singapore’s Central Region), the PKSJ’s Ahmad Syaikhu (currently the mayor of Sumber), and Majulah’s Ayu Cipta da Silva (currently the MP for the constituency of West Timor, Nusa Tenggara). Meanwhile, the PHN’s own shortlist lists Bersatu’s Muhyiddin bin Mohammed Yassin (currently the governor of Johor), the PAP’s Lawrence Wong (currently the deputy territorial minister of Singapore), and Keadilan’s Anwar bin Ibrahim (currently the mayor of Penang) as its own primary candidates for PM.

The recent shortlisting has meant that the three other coalitions in the KPN - the leftist People’s Betterment Front (Barisan Perbaikan Rakyat/BPR), center-right Nusantaran Union Alliance (Pakatan Persatuan Nusantara/PPN), and rightist Conservative People’s Alliance (Perikatan Tradisional Rakyat/PTR) - are yet to reveal their “three stars” for PM - however, the coalition-independent politician Terry Law is rumored to be seeking premiership as well, with 2,000 “support” votes in total from the existing coalitions’ KPN members required for him to be considered an official candidate.

Tags: #nusantaranelection2025 #nusantara #bpr #kpn #ptr #ppn

Ryan CARTER
c/o The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
United States of America

Dear Mr. CARTER,

On behalf of all the people of the Nusantaran Commonwealth, congratulations on your inauguration as the newest President of the United States of America! Having constructively established formal relations with each other since the Commonwealth’s ascension to the United Nations, we would like to express a desire to continue down a peaceful path together based on a liberal international order while remaining neutral in who we support for any regional, national, or global conflicts that may arise and/or have arisen.

Yours sincerely,
Ms. Aidan binti Salman MATAHARI
President of the Nusantaran Commonwealth
RETURN ENVELOPE TO:
Aidan binti Salman MATAHARI
50 Jalan Timah
C.A.T Samarinda 71020
Nusantaran Commonwealth
Last edited by Hakushiya on Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hakushiya (MT/PMT) = new main of the player who used to be behind Rhim Flavezztowland

Oreo City 86: 23rd (1st debut as RF)
Peeto 87: 30th (as RF)
Flav City 88: 10th (1st hosting as RF)
Auszer 89: DNF (withdrew)
Avon 90: DNF (withdrew)
Haufenburg 91: 13th (as RF)
Anyme 92: 18th (as RF)
Puerto Ambar 112: 16th (2nd debut as Hakushiya)
Light City 113: TBA

(locks all NS stats in a dungeon | player pronouns: he/they | me on Wattpad | let’s play a music league ^_^)
#eurovision #britpop #asianpop #gachacore

and I~ begin to wonder~
signed, [REDACTED]

Mifan
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Mifan » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:13 pm

Xinhua News Agency

President Bo Congratulates President Carter, Expresses Hope for Improved Sino-American Relations

In a diplomatic gesture aimed at fostering better relations between the People's Republic of China and the United States of America, President Bo Xilai extended his heartfelt congratulations to the newly elected President Ryan Carter. In a statement issued today from the Great Hall of the People, President Bo conveyed his best wishes to President Carter, expressing optimism for the future of bilateral cooperation between the two nations.

President Bo emphasized the importance of maintaining stability and promoting mutual understanding in the realm of international relations. He underscored the significance of constructive dialogue and cooperation in addressing global challenges, such as climate change, economic development, and regional security.

"China and the United States are two major powers in the world, and our relationship carries great significance for global peace and prosperity," President Bo remarked. "As we enter a new era, it is imperative that we work together to build trust, enhance communication, and seek common ground for the benefit of our peoples and the world at large."

However, amidst President Bo's diplomatic overtures, there lingers a sense of caution and skepticism among certain quarters of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), particularly among supporters of Premier Xi Jinping. While acknowledging the importance of dialogue with the United States, some within the CCP remain wary of potential pitfalls and challenges in the relationship.

Premier Xi Jinping, in particular, has adopted a more cautious approach, emphasizing the need for vigilance and strategic foresight in dealing with external powers. Citing past instances of friction and mistrust between China and the United States, Premier Xi has called for a pragmatic assessment of the geopolitical landscape and a steadfast commitment to safeguarding China's national interests.

As President Bo extends his hand of friendship to the new American administration, the future trajectory of Sino-American relations remains uncertain. While prospects for cooperation and dialogue appear promising, the complexities of geopolitics and the legacy of past tensions loom large, casting a shadow of uncertainty over the path forward.

For now, President Bo's message of goodwill offers a glimmer of hope for improved relations between China and the United States, but the road to genuine cooperation may prove to be a challenging journey fraught with obstacles and hurdles yet to be overcome.
Uh, they're called green hearts.

You racist.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:26 pm

Cowrite with the United States

President Shoigu watched as the Russian journalists sat with their backs to the White House and talked over each other in arguments and platitudes about the incoming American President. The journalists were a part of a newly founded ‘international Russian news agency’ by some oligarch billionaire that’d made his money in the Wild 90’s. Shoigu smiled. How times had changed since he graduated from school to become an engineer within the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. Then the world looked incredibly bright - and very red. Things had turned bleak very quickly. By the end of 1980s, the world Shoigu had known since a boy had collapsed, leaving fragmented pieces of the former Soviet Union trying to pick themselves back up - with Shoigu himself playing a leading role throughout the 90s and early 2000s.

Now two of those pieces were back together. In 2019, under the direction of Alexander Lukashenko, the still sitting President of Belarus, and Shoigu, the peoples of Belarus and Russia had formalized the process that had begun before the turn of the century - the Union of Russia and Belarus. The Union State.

It had been a long time coming and plenty of hurdles had to be overcome - the most pressing of which was integrating the two economies and two currencies. On paper that had been accomplished. In practice, there was still a lot of work to do. The Pandemic had thrown a wrench into many of the best laid plans the Union State’s economists had laid out in August of 2019.

Still, the Union State wasn’t going to fizzle out like many critics from around the world - mostly from the West - continued to say. Sure, the Pandemic had delayed everything, but the project still got off the ground, even if it was a little lopsided. What was supposed to bring billions of foreign investment by 2025 was now a 2030 project. The Minsk-Moscow-St. Petersburg High Speed Rail was looking to break ground this year, only three years after it was supposed to. Because of Lukashenko’s lobbying, the Minsk-Moscow leg of the trip was given the priority - even though the St. Petersburg-Moscow leg would see significantly more traffic and utility. Not to mention freeing up more lines for cargo flowing from St. Petersburg’s port to the capital. But politics was politics and Shoigu had yielded to his old friend.

The journalists had, inevitably, begun to talk about the new President and his relationship with Moscow and Minsk.

“The issue will be the continued tensions in Africa, in Syria, and, of course, Turkey,” one of them was saying as footage of Union State paramilitaries driving through the deserts of Africa and the Middle East filled the screen. “These are flashpoints with a number of NATO allies. The Union State - President Shoigu - has made it clear on Russia’s right to operate in its own and allied interests. How President Biden took it was one thing, how President Carter takes it is another.”

The camera cut to another journalist as he began to speak. “If Carter follows in the footsteps of his Republican predecessor, then it seems that President Carter will be keen on improving relations with Moscow. There have been a number of key steps made in the last decade on nuclear arms and counter terrorism operations within Syria and the Middle East. It may be better for the United States to maintain goodwill with Moscow and MInsk.”

Shoigu checked his watch. It was only a few more minutes until he was due for a call with the new American president. He chuckled. He wondered what sort of goodwill awaited him. When he’d first taken the office of President of the Union State, he’d found himself entangled very quickly into the American political web. Things hadn’t always proven fruitful, but he’d inherited a state in Russia that had agreed to a nuclear reduction agreement and a joint agreement on combat in Syria. It was a step towards finally achieving parity in relations with the United States. A small one and one reliant on what came next.

The door behind him opened and his chief of staff, Viktoria Abramchenko entered along with another man, Alexander Litsov, one of the translators apart of Shoigu’s staff. Shoigu grinned at the pair of them and shut off the tv.

“Are you ready, Mr. President,” Abramchenko asked, returning the smile and setting down a small stack of notes onto the table. Shoigu sighed.

“As ready as I can be in dealing with a new president.” He smiled. “Still, hopefully he’ll prove more open to points of cooperation rather than points of contention.”

Abramchenko smiled and nodded. She settled down into a chair next to Shoigu while his translator set himself up on the other side.

President Carter sat in his chair in the Oval Office as he waited for the line to Moscow to connect. Before long, an aide nodded and POTUS said a silent prayer before saying, “Mr. President, thank you for taking my call today. How are you?”

Through Sasha the translator, Shoigu replied, "Thank you for your call, Mr. President. May I extend my personal congratulations to your election and inauguration as president of the United States. I pray that your presidency will be a successful one. Here, we are well. The Union State is remaining strong and we are hopeful for a stronger future for the Eurasian region. But I am sure you would like to discuss business, Mr. President. What would you like to begin with?"

“I would like to start by inviting you to visit us here in America. Perhaps a working visit at Camp David or my ranch back in Texas. I am keenly interested in furthering nuclear reduction efforts between us. It is my firm conviction that there are no natural reasons for our two nations to not get along in a cooperative manner.” Carter replied.

Shoigu's eyebrows raised. "Well, I appreciate your point of view, Mr. President. I hope you can appreciate the Russian and Belarusian points of view as well. Still, I would greatly appreciate a visit to the United States. I believe that a nuclear reduction act would be in the benefit of both states."

“I am glad to hear that, my friend. Now, was there a topic you wished to discuss?” Carter asked.

"Indeed," said Shoigu as Abramchenko slid a piece of paper across to him. He continued as he read, "On the matter of Turkey and NATO. I don't need to tell you the provocations that they have levied against the Union State over the past several years. In Syria and in Armenia they have launched direct or proxy attacks that have killed and displaced thousands of people. Only with the barrel of Russian weaponry did the Turkish-backed Azeri invasion of Armenia stop. Needless to say, that caused significant complications in a region that we consider our own sphere." Shoigu paused to collect his thoughts. He wasn't too sure about this American president - he was still young and riding the right-wing populist wave of the United States. A wave that had proven sympathetic to Russian ideology. Still, one could never know.

"If it is as you say," he continued. "That you do not see as a natural adversaries, then perhaps you can work within your own alliance to stand down NATO expansion into the Eurasian sphere?"

“What do you consider the Eurasian sphere?”

Shoigu smiled. "The members of the Eurasian Economic Union and those in the surrounding region. I am particularly concerned with conflict points with radicals in Europe along the Belarusian border - but I am more concerned with recent NATO aggressions in Armenia and in the political actions in the region known as the 'stans'. I am sure you would feel equally concerned if the Union State placed military apparatus along your borders. It is a concern we feel greatly. Particularly with the recent Turkish actions aimed at undermining the Union State's influence in the Caucuses. "

“Do you still hold significant sway over Syria and Iran?” Carter asked, knowing the sudden seemingly change in course would be baffling to the Russian.

Shoigu took in a deep breath, the avoidance of the question was becoming irritating. "Yes, both are in the process of membership within the economic union."

“We don’t seek conflict or to make you feel threatened. So, I can promise you that will continue under my administration. I will also speak to Ankara about Armenia. But I need something from your side as well. I need your help in getting all American citizens held by both governments released. At the very least your assistance in getting us a meeting with the respective governments and some pressure to release our citizens.” Carter replied.

"We don't generally interfere in the judicial processes of independent states, Mr. President," Shoigu retorted . "Still, if you are willing to speak with Ankara, I will speak with both the leaders of Syria and Iran on the matter to understand the nature of their detainment and to assess how we many come to an amicable solution."

“Thank you,” Carter replied. “Now, was there anything else you wished to discuss?”

Shoigu answered quickly, "What is the American opinion on the situation in the Sahel region?"

“Terrorists must never be given room to fester. Perhaps, that’s a point of continued mutual cooperation for us?”

“Perhaps,” said Shoigu. “However, that is a topic for discussion with the local governments. However, I hope we can continue to work together on defeating terrorism worldwide. Now, what else did you wish to discuss, Mr. President?”

“I believe that is all for now on our end,” said Carter.

“Very well, I look forward to my visit to your country,” said Shoigu.

“Indeed. As do I, Mr. President.” Carter replied before hanging up. There was a still moment of silence as the room in Moscow let out a collective breath.

Shoigu rubbed his temples and glanced over at Abramchenko. “Well,” he began, “what do you make of it?”

“He seems willing to cooperate - if a little hesitant. About what we expected.”

“Sasha? Thoughts?” Shoigu asked, turning to his translator. He shrugged.

“I don’t have much to add, Mr. President,” he said slowly. “There was nothing in his manner of speaking that indicated anything to me other than he was a Texan.”

Shoigu laughed. “Well, I hope that insight will be of value enough. He’s a Texan and a patriot and conservative. Let’s see what that means when it comes down to the messy details of global politics.”

Central African Republic
February 2, 2025

The small convoy had stopped in a small village some 50 kilometers outside of Kaga-Bandoro, one of the largest settlements in the north of the country. Here, the rebels still firmly controlled the vast majority of the territory and large groups of militants still pledged loyalty to the rebel cause, despite the recent setbacks over the past few years.

Those setbacks were in no small part thanks to the role that Russian military apparatus had played in defeating the rebel offensives at the beginning of the decade. Thousands of Russian PMC soldiers under the banner of the Wagner Group and others attached to the ministry of defence through the GRU or even apart of the SVR. In all, the number of Russian military advisors and combat troops had swelled across the entire region.

For Captain Vladimir Vlachesyev, the fighting had been brutal, violent, and frankly inhuman over the past several months. He was attached to the Spetznaz GRU. His small detachment of 24 Union State Spetsnaz soldiers were all Russians, with the exception of the lieutenant who was Belarusian. The rest of the convoy were members of the local CAF army. A motley crew of hastily armed and equipped soldiers, mostly riding technicals in support of Russia’s APCs. The Union State had begun to arm the government through a number of deals - sending light arms, vehicles, and artillery in order to help equip the army that they were training. But so far, not enough of the supplies had come to properly outfit the entire army. Still, the best units, the ones trained by the GRU in many cases, were often the best equipped.

So far, the small recon convoy hadn’t seen anything at all really, other than a few half filled villages. The remaining inhabitants peered out suspiciously from behind there thin walls and doors at the Russian and government soldiers. Vlachesyev knew they had every right to be suspicious. The government soldiers - or even Wagner soldiers - were just as likely to destroy a village in the name of defeating the enemy as the rebel forces that they were trying to defeat. Such is war, Vlachesyev sighed to himself. War has never made men better.

Vlachesyev listened absentmindedly to the chatter that was going across the radio. Short messages from his men as they spread out carefully through the village. There were only about a dozen solid buildings, a few lean-tos and other makeshift homes made out of rubble and natural materials. Other messages came through the radio on his command vehicle - other convoys reporting their positions or reporting contact with the enemy. Still, it was a fairly quiet day - for now, at least. Other than a few skirmishes by other convoys, there hadn’t been any major confrontations as of yet.

From above, he heard the trill buzz of his unit’s drones being launched from one of the vehicles. They joined a vast array of drones hovering all throughout Central Africa it seemed to Vlachesyev. Warfare was truly changing. Now his unit had the ability to find, engage, and destroy rebel units - without even needing to fire a shot. Still, they weren’t perfect. The situation was constantly evolving and the enemy was constantly adapting.

“Village secured, sir.” One of the sergeants had come up to the vehicle, snapping Vlachesyev back to earth.

“Very good, signal HQ and we’ll push on further north. We have a long ways to go yet, sergeant.”

The sergeant grinned. “Yes, sir.”

Moscow Times

February 7

Alexander Lukashenko Announces Candidancy for Union State Presidency

The longtime Belarusian President and former Chairman of the Union State has announced that he will be challenging sitting president and independent candidate Sergei Shoigu as a candidate for the Union Party - directly challenging Shoigu’s longtime support. Shoigu remains ahead in the most recent polls, however there are a large number of undecideds remaining and Lukashenko has aimed his campaign at working towards expansion of the Union State and of the Eurasian Ecomomic Union in order to challenge the European Union, while also focusing on the efforts of preservation of minority cultures - such as Belarusian - within the “Greater” Union State. He also highlighted many of the economic failures of President Shoigu and his “mishandling” of the Pandemic.

“It is clear that President Shoigu does not have the willpower to manage the role of Union President. He remains a hero in Russia, but he cannot be seen as a hero to the Union State as president. We have lagged in economic integration and development across Belarus. We have lagged in cultural development and language development. We have also failed to engage quickly with expansion and integration of regional markets through the Eurasian Economic Union. We have brothers in Armenia who are willing to join the Union State - preventing once and for all the loss of their territory to the Azeri and Turkish invasions. We will stand by Armenia and we will expand our interests across the Caucuses and across Eastern Europe.”

Lukashenko further talking about the failures of the economic projects and the delays to the Moscow-Minsk High Speed Rail line. “There is too much bureaucracy, too much politics, and too much delay. We need to progress with creating a modern, sustainable transportation system for all the Union State. It should be a priority for this government to unify the peoples of the Union State and by completing High Speed Rail projects on time and on budget must be a priority. However, even with the track already being laid, there is still criticism from Shoigu and the Russian leadership that the Saint Petersburg line is more vital. This is why it is important for a new face to lead this Union.”

SG Ministry of Defence Announces new troops deployments for Overseas Operations; Syria sees largest increase

The number of Russian soldiers being deployed overseas is going up. The Union State Ministry of Defence announced that 1,500 new positions would be opened for contract soldiers of both Russian and Belarusian origin to deploy as apart of a larger training mission with the local defence forces. In total, nearly six hundred SG soldiers will be deployed to Syria to help with training and counter terrorism operations against the Islamic State and others seeking to overthrow the Assad government.

300 more special forces, military advisers, and ‘other’ personnel are being deployed to Africa, most of whom will be in Central African Republic or in Mali to help coordinate the Wagner Group and local government forces in their fight against radical terrorist factions. The ‘other’ personnel section was not elaborated on by the Ministry of Defence, however it is believed that it generally refers to PMC soldiers, leading to upwards of 200 more Wagner PMC soldiers being deployed to help provide security to the wartorn region.

A spokesman for the MoD responded to the question of how long these deployments would last with, “As of now these deployments are for 9 months. We are looking to cycle through, over the next few years, up to six thousand more soldiers into the region to combat terrorism and extremism. The issue of unsustainability and neo-colonialism from the West have caused major issues in the region and, hopefully, with our help these nations can see peace and prosperity. But we must be patient and we must work together - as a region and as a world - in order to defeat terrorism.”
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Mini-IEC POST 1

Postby Chewion » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:36 pm

International Times

January 30th, 2025

Coordinated Attack on Humanitarian Mission: American and Union State Flagged Ships Struck-Off Yemen

Aden, Yemen — In a harrowing escalation of regional tensions, Houthi rebels targeted two vessels involved in a humanitarian mission off the coast of Yemen, causing significant damage and multiple casualties. The American-owned and flagged SS Liberty Navigator and a Union State-flagged vessel, the Ural Friendship, were both struck in international waters near the Bab el-Mandeb Strait early Wednesday morning.The U.S. Navy's Fifth Fleet confirmed the missile strike on the SS Liberty Navigator resulted in considerable damage, with initial reports indicating four crew members were injured, two critically, and one missing. Similarly, the Ural Friendship suffered extensive damage from an apparent coordinated missile attack.

The Union State’s Maritime Coordination Center reported that the strike on their vessel led to severe injuries among the crew, with three critically wounded and ongoing efforts to contain fires and prevent the ship from sinking. Both the SS Liberty Navigator and the Ural Friendship were under contract with a humanitarian organization to deliver essential aid supplies, including food and medical provisions, to Somalia. Representatives from Liberty Maritime Corporation and the Union State’s shipping authorities have vehemently denied Houthi claims that the vessels were transporting military supplies to opposition forces in Yemen, emphasizing the purely humanitarian nature of their mission.

"The attacks on these vessels represent a grave violation of international norms and a direct assault on humanitarian aid efforts," stated a spokesperson from the humanitarian organization coordinating the aid delivery. "These ships were carrying vital supplies intended to alleviate suffering in Somalia, and attacking them only deepens the humanitarian crisis in the region."The deliberate targeting of ships engaged in humanitarian relief has sparked international outrage and underscored the precarious security situation affecting vital maritime routes. The incident has heightened concerns over the safety of civilian vessels navigating near conflict zones and the potential impact on international humanitarian operations.

As the international community grapples with the repercussions of these attacks, the spotlight is once again on the urgent need for stability in Yemen and the protection of neutral humanitarian efforts from the conflict's fallout. The coordinated strikes on the SS Liberty Navigator and the Ural Friendship serve as a somber reminder of the ongoing humanitarian catastrophe in Yemen and the critical importance of safeguarding aid channels in times of conflict.

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:41 am

민국일보
January 20, 2025

New Monument To Be Unveiled In Seoul Tomorrow
SEOUL - President Cho Dae-jung (NRP) will be present during the unveiling of a new patriotic monument in Seoul tomorrow. The monument, dubbed the "National Liberation Monument" (민족해방기념비), is dedicated to Koreans who fought to liberate our homeland from Japanese oppression. President Cho Dae-jung described the monument as being a positive counterpart to the Yasukuni Shrine, a filthy "memorial site" set up by the Japanese following the destruction of their evil empire. The monument will obviously trigger the filthy Japanese, because they no longer have an empire to control. The construction of the monument began back in 2022 and was just finished two days ago. Tomorrow will be a glorious day for our homeland as the monument is unveiled for the whole world to see.

Pro-Japanese Forum To Be Shut Down Soon
SOUTH KOREA - Ilbe Storehouse (일간베스트 저장소), a controversial Internet forum, is due to be shut down by the government. The reason fro the shutdown is that the forum and its users have engaged in activities that can only be described as high treason due to the obvious promotion of Japan and its culture. The users are shown to be very pro-Japanese, while one of them had allegedly made fun of comfort women back in 2013. As such, these users shall hereby be referred to as chinilpa. Both our glorious leader, President Cho Dae-jung (NRP), and his political party, the National Republican Party (국민공화당/NRP), were reportedly repulsed by the forum and its traitorous users. Our Minister of Information and Communications, Nam Jong-hyuk (NRP), has announced plans to sharply shut down the website and identify its users, while also linking it to its Japanese counterpart, 2chan. President Cho Dae-jung has also more to say about the website during an interview with Yonhap News Agency:

"Ilbe Storehouse is the filthiest place on the whole Internet. It is obviously a meeting place for Koreans who have clearly shown no respect for their homeland and rather pledges allegiance to the barbaric nation of Japan. Those traitors deserve to be stripped of their civil and political rights as such rights are only reserved for the most patriotic Koreans. That website needs to be shut down so that no more pro-Japanese propaganda can be produced within our glorious homeland."

Prior to the making of this article, Ilbe Storehouse had organized a smear campaign against President Cho Dae-jung and his party. The campaign produced artwork and fake pictures that depicts the President engaging in awful activities, while also sending death threats to his followers. As a result, the brave NRP supporters have launched protests against the website and called for its ultimate shutdown. President Cho Dae-jung is thankful that his supporters are speaking out against the website.

Ryan Carter Sworn In As President Of The United States
USA - Ryan Carter (R-TX), the young Governor of Texas, will be sworn in as the 47th President of the United States today. He will be in charge of a nation long divided by conservatives and liberals. On behalf of the Republican Party (GOP), Carter will be focused on securing America's southern border against illegal immigration, cracking down on crime and drugs, stimulating growth in the private sector and ensuring America's security against rising powers such as China and the Union State.

President Cho Dae-jung (NRP) sent his congratulations to President Carter, but expressed concern over Japanese-American relations. As the barbaric nation of Japan is currently controlled by a "pacifist" coalition government, there is a risk that Japanese-American relations would break down, given that the coalition government cancelled the construction of a new US military base back in 2022. Meanwhile, President Carter's hawkish attitude might clash with the so-called "pacifist principles" of the Japanese coalition government. Therefore, President Carter should emphasize stronger ties between the US and South Korea, with Japan out of the picture. President Cho also hoped that President Carter would recognize Dokdo (독도) as Korean territory and put pressure on the barbaric nation of Japan.

"I'm very concerned that President Carter might wind up as yet another weeb in the White House", President Cho said in a statement regarding President Carter's inauguration. "Both Trump and Biden were completely pro-Japanese throughout their presidencies. I hope President Carter holds a bigger grip on Japan and safeguards our sovereignty."

민국일보
January 21, 2025

National Liberation Monument Unveiled Today
SEOUL - Today, President Cho Dae-jung (NRP) and Mayor Yi Kyo-hwan (NRP) jointly unveiled the National Liberation Monument (민족해방기념비) in front of a large audience of supporters, residents, journalists and news crews. The monument is a stone monument depicting Korean soldiers and civilians reaching the sky while climbing a mountain. The depiction represents the Korean people's struggle for independence. The monument is an official response to the Yasukuni Shrine, a memorial site for Japanese war criminals. The monument was met with overwhelmingly positive reception.

South Korean Military To Be Strengthened Through Legislation
SOUTH KOREA - Since Japan's current government is being less sincere about its pacifist principles, the National Republican Party (국민공화당/NRP) has proposed a new legislation in the National Assembly (국회). Such legislation would strengthen the South Korean military through increased defense spending. This would help our homeland fight against Japanese imperialism and protect our sovereignty. The legislation has seen support from most of the South Korean population, but it has also been opposed by many parties such as the Democratic Party of Korea (더불어민주당/DPK), the People Power Party (국민의힘/PPP), the Justice Party (정의당/JP), the Green Party (녹색당/GP) and the Patriotic Party of Korea (애국당/PPK). While there were different reasons for such opposition, it is obvious that these parties were opposing said legislation on behalf of the Japanese, given that said legislation is necessary to curb Japanese territorial claims on our territory. It is very sad that some Koreans are willing to become chinilpa and pledge allegiance to Japanese imperialism. The National Assembly is due to vote on said legislation tomorrow.

한겨레
January 21, 2025

South Korean Government Unveils New Controversial Monument Today
SEOUL - Today, the so-called "National Liberation Monument" (민족해방기념비) was unveiled in front of a large crowd of people in Seoul. The unveiling was hosted by President Cho Dae-jung (NRP) and Mayor Yi Kyo-hwan (NRP). The monument depicts Korean people climbing a mountain in order to reach the sky. The monument is said to represent the struggle for Korean independence. It was allegedly met with "overwhelmingly positive reception", but some Koreans have voiced concern about the monument. The monument was said to be an "official response" to Yasukuni Shrine and would most likely spark further conflict between South Korea and Japan.

South Korean Government To Shut Down Controversial Internet Forum
SOUTH KOREA - The Ministry of Information and Communications (정보통신부/MIC) has planned on shutting down Ilbe Storehouse (일간베스트 저장소), a controversial far-right Internet forum, due to the latter's alleged support for Japan. The plans for such shutdown was announced yesterday by Nam Jong-hyuk (NRP), the newly-appointed head of the MIC, which came after Ilbe Storehouse had allegedly launched a smear campaign against both President Cho Dae-jung (NRP) and the ruling National Republican Party (국민공화당/NRP), as well as having sent death threats to NRP supporters. The reason for the planned shutdown seems to be contrary to the fact that Ilbe Storehouse is usually notorious for its users' hatred towards liberalism, socialism, feminism and LGBT rights. However, President Cho Dae-jung has accused the website of being "pro-Japanese" and "anti-patriotic", while also referring to its users as "chinilpa". He had recently said in an interview that he wishes to strip Ilbe Storehouse users of their civil and political rights, a statement which is notoriously synonymous with his party's hateful stance towards Japan and chinilpa. Many left-leaning Koreans, including politicians Lee Jae-myung (DPK) and Yeo Yeong-gug (JP), have been critical of the government's extreme crackdown on "pro-Japanese activities" within South Korea, while supporters of President Cho Dae-jung praised his efforts to combat "high treason". It is yet to be seen how this situation would end, although the MIC had planned on revealing the identity of every single user on Ilbe Storehouse, a move which will send shockwaves across South Korea.

민국일보
January 30, 2025

Russian And American Ships Attacked By Houthi Rebels
MIDDLE EAST - Two ships involved in a humanitarian mission to Somalia were just attacked by Houthi rebels off the coast of Yemen. The two ships, the US-owned and flagged SS Liberty Navigator and the Russian-owned and flagged Ural Friendship, were both struck near the Bab el-Mandeb Strait. It was reported that the SS Liberty Navigator suffered considerable damage, while the Ural Friendship suffered more extensive damage.

Both ships were under contract to deliver essential aid supplies to Somalia. The Houthi rebels made claims that both ships were delivering military supplies to rival forces in Yemen, something that both Liberty Maritime Corporation and the Russian shipping authorities vehemently denied. A spokesperson from the humanitarian organization coordinating the aid delivery had this to say about the attacks:

"The attacks on these vessels represent a grave violation of international norms and a direct assault on humanitarian aid efforts. These ships were carrying vital supplies intended to alleviate suffering in Somalia, and attacking them only deepens the humanitarian crisis in the region."

President Cho Dae-jung (NRP) has fiercely condemned both the attacks and the Houthi rebels in general. "These rebels need a serious taste of their own medicine for their blatant attacks on civilian ships", he said in a statement. "They need to know their place and not mess with ships that are not militarily involved in the ongoing conflict in Yemen." President Cho also emphasized the need for stability in Yemen and the protection of humanitarian missions from the fallout of the Yemeni Civil War.

To: United States of America
Subject: Congratulation
Encryption: High
Dear President Ryan Carter, I cautiously congratulate on your inauguration as the 47th President of the United States of America. As our countries have long been allies since the end of the Second World War, I wish for our alliance to continue on. However, there is just one problem. And that problem is the barbaric nation of Japan. It is clear that the so-called "pacifist" coalition government in Japan might be working against our interests. The coalition government just cancelled the construction of a new military base for your troops back in 2022 and the JSDF hasn't shrunk a bit. I hope you remain loyal to our alliance and support our common interests. North Korea is another concern that should be dealt with in any way possible. Regardless, we hope that our alliance remains alive and well from now this moment on.

진심으로, President Cho Dae-jung
Pro: Political Pluralism, Centrism, Liberalism, Liberal Democracy, Social Democracy, Sweden, USA, UN, ROC, Japan, South Korea, Monarchism, Republicanism, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Environmentalism, Secularism, Religion and LGBT Rights
Anti: Racism, Sexism, Nazism, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Joseph Stalin, PRC, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Ultraconservatism, Ultranationalism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, Transphobia, WBC, Satanism, Mormonism, Anarchy, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment, Far-Right, Far-Left, Cultural Relativism, Anti-Vaxxers, Scalpers and COVID-19

Mifan
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Mifan » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:38 am

Jiangmen Prison
Jiangmen, China
February, 2025

He struggled to recall the last time he experienced undisturbed sleep, when darkness enveloped his surroundings, or when he wasn't subjected to brutal beatings. Mark had been confined to that cell for over a decade, yet a part of him had acclimatized to the harsh conditions. Time blurred, with no clear sense of its passing, except for the persistent interrogations by the guards, still futile in extracting a confession from him. He remained steadfast, but the allure of fabricating a false confession grew stronger with each passing day.

The guards had departed roughly two hours prior, or so he presumed. Their return was inevitable; a monotonous cycle of demands: "Confess to the crime. Admit to smuggling drugs into our country. It can all end if you just confess." Such propositions gnawed at him, increasingly tempting as the years dragged on. "Your government has forsaken you. If they cared, you'd be free by now." Mark couldn't refute the logic. Why hadn't his government intervened? A decade of his life, wasted. Was he truly insignificant in their eyes?

The cell door creaked open, admitting two guards and a superior officer, followed by a cart laden with an abundance of food—a sight unseen in his decade-long confinement. Internally resigned, he accepted this as his final meal, his impending execution an inescapable fate. They could have at least inquired about his preferences, but such kindness seemed foreign to him. Yet, he wouldn't protest, not with such a feast before him. A table was set, adorned with plates, utensils, and the tantalizing array of food. "Eat," commanded the officer, and Mark needed no further prompting, eagerly indulging.

"You will be released next week," declared the officer, prompting Mark to nearly choke on his food. Surely, it was a hallucination, the food laced with poison. The officer sensed his skepticism. "It's true. Your government negotiated your release. You're going home." Mark was at a loss for words. The cell, this prison, had become his world for over a decade.

Seating himself across from Mark, the officer fixed him with an inscrutable gaze. "For the rest of the week, you will feast and be groomed. Your injuries will be concealed as best as possible." Mark continued to eat. "Upon arrival in America, you will speak of our kindness, our respect. Not a word about what truly occurred here. Our agents are everywhere; it wouldn't be difficult to find you, should you speak otherwise." Mark remained silent, nodding in compliance. "Very well. Enjoy your meal," the officer concluded, departing the room. Finally, Mark was going home.

Zhongnanhai
Beijing, China
February, 2025

"Does anyone know what Bo was thinking?" Xi queried, addressing no one in particular. His two aides, present in the office with him, exchanged uncertain glances and opted to remain silent. "There was absolutely no justification for releasing the American. He was a valuable bargaining chip that could have been utilized for something... more substantial. His government displayed minimal concern for him until now, and yet he's handed over to them on a silver platter." Xi's irritation was palpable. He had been strategically leveraging his position to impede bureaucratic progress for as long as possible, hoping the deal would collapse either due to elapsed time causing both sides to forget or due to doubts about Bo's ability to uphold his end. Unfortunately for Xi, Bo had managed to ensure the American's release despite his objections. "Do you have the report I requested?" Xi inquired of his aides.

"We do," one replied, passing over a set of files to Xi. "Each individual on that list harbors significant skeletons that could obliterate not only their careers but also tarnish the President's reputation. His faction would suffer a severe blow, allowing you to advance your policies more smoothly, at least until Bo's faction recuperates from the damage." Xi perused the list, a smirk forming on his lips as he noted several prominent names, including that of Li Yuanchao, the Vice President. Progress had been stagnant for far too long, and this revelation was precisely what he needed to tilt the balance in his favor.

"The President intended to push forward some sort of social reform, correct?" Xi confirmed.

"He aimed to allocate more funds to families to alleviate the financial strain of raising children, in hopes of promoting higher birth rates. Additionally, he proposed increased subsidies for state-owned enterprises and those living below the poverty line to address income inequality. Overall, these are popular initiatives that would benefit many if enacted. Do you intend to obstruct them?" Xi shook his head.

"No, the policies are acceptable. I believe the President and I can find common ground on most domestic matters. I support these plans. However, once these documents are leaked, he will be preoccupied with managing the fallout, leaving little room to pursue his agenda. Yet, if I can claim responsibility for these new laws..." Xi paused, allowing the implications to sink in. It was evident that he would garner even more public support than the President if he could convince them he was the architect behind these initiatives. It was a win-win situation for Xi.

"When should we release them?"

"I will instruct you when the time is right. I look forward to witnessing their reactions when many of them find themselves behind bars," Xi declared with a smile. The aides nodded before exiting the room, poised to act upon receiving the order.

Xinhua News Agency

February, 2025

China Condemns Attacks on Humanitarian Aid Ships by Houthi Rebels

China strongly condemned the recent attacks on a US ship and a Union State ship by Houthi rebels, which were carrying crucial humanitarian supplies destined for Somalia. The assaults have raised grave concerns over the safety of international shipping routes and the protection of humanitarian efforts in conflict zones.

In a statement released by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, China reiterated its firm stance against any actions that jeopardize peace, stability, and humanitarian operations in the region. "China condemns these attacks in the strongest terms possible," the statement read.

The US ship and the Union State ship, both laden with humanitarian aid, were sailing towards Somalia when they were unexpectedly targeted by Houthi rebels. Reports of casualties have begun to emerge, adding to the distress of the situation. The ships, symbolizing hope and relief for the people of Somalia, now stand as targets of senseless violence.

China's condemnation underscores its commitment to upholding international norms and principles, including the protection of humanitarian missions and the safety of maritime navigation. As a major stakeholder in global peace and security, China emphasizes the importance of respecting the sanctity of humanitarian endeavors, especially in regions ravaged by conflict and instability.

The Chinese government has called for an immediate cessation of hostilities and reiterated its support for international efforts aimed at resolving conflicts through dialogue and peaceful means.

The attacks on the humanitarian ships serve as a stark reminder of the challenges faced by the international community in delivering aid to regions afflicted by conflict. China stands in solidarity with the affected countries and reaffirms its commitment to supporting humanitarian initiatives that alleviate suffering and promote stability in conflict-affected regions.

In the wake of these tragic events, China remains resolute in its support for the people of Somalia and reaffirms its unwavering commitment to contributing to global efforts aimed at fostering peace, stability, and development in the region and beyond.
Uh, they're called green hearts.

You racist.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:47 pm

Chapter 2: The Eagle Returns

January 30th, 2025
The Situation Room
The White House
Washington D.C.

President Carter sat at the head of the table, his expression grave as he reviewed the latest updates streaming in across the various screens and devices in the secure situation room. It had been 45 minutes since Houthi forces launched a deliberate attack on two ships, one American and one from the Union State, both under contract to deliver humanitarian aid to Somalia. Now, top military and intelligence officials were briefing the President on the unfolding situation.

"Mr. President, initial reports confirm that the SS Liberty Navigator and the Ural Friendship were targeted while navigating international waters near the Bab el-Mandeb Strait," the Secretary of Defense reported. He paused, ensuring the President absorbed the gravity of the situation, then continued, "Both vessels have sustained significant damage. Fortunately, there are no reported fatalities, but several crew members are injured. Rescue operations are currently underway."

President Carter nodded, processing the information. "What's the response from the Union State on this?"

The Secretary of State adjusted his glasses before responding. "The Union State has acknowledged the incident, sir, but their response has been somewhat non-committal. They have not yet indicated any immediate plans for a joint military response or further diplomatic actions."

Carter’s jaw tightened slightly. "And our forces? What options do we have on the table right now?"

"The Fifth Fleet has already deployed the USS Mason to the area to provide support and to assess the situation further. We also have aerial surveillance monitoring for any additional hostile activities from the Houthis," replied the Admiral overseeing Naval operations, pointing to a map displaying naval movements.

Turning back to his military advisors, Carter asked, "I want options for airstrikes on Houthi targets drawn up immediately. Identify potential launch sites and supply depots that can be hit to cripple their ability to conduct further attacks."

"Yes, sir. We'll begin target acquisition and have strike options ready within the hour," the Secretary of Defense affirmed, making notes.

"And the broader international reaction?" Carter probed, looking towards the Secretary of State.

"We’ve communicated with our key allies, and there’s widespread condemnation of the attack. I’m coordinating closely with our partners in the EU and the Gulf Cooperation Council. They support a strong response. The global community is looking to the United States for leadership on this issue," the Secretary of State elaborated.

Carter considered this, his strategy taking shape. "Draft a statement condemning the attack unequivocally. Emphasize the threat to international security and the danger posed to humanitarian missions. Make it clear that while we seek a unified international response, the United States will act to protect navigation in international waters and ensure aid reaches those in need."

"Yes, Mr. President," the Secretary of State responded, taking notes.

"What about the aid? How do we ensure it still gets delivered?" Carter asked, turning his attention to the logistical implications of the attack.

"The USS Arlington is nearby and equipped to handle additional aid supplies. We can reroute the shipments immediately to avoid significant delays to the aid mission," suggested the Secretary of Defense.

President Carter leaned back, his decision firm. "Proceed with that plan. Keep me updated on any developments from the Union State or the Houthis. We need to be prepared for any scenario. Keep our men and women in your prayers, gentleman."

Presidential Memorandum

To: Director of National Intelligence, Secretary of Defense, Secretary of State
Date: January 31st, 2025
Subject: Directive on Prioritizing Resources for the Neutralization of Houthi Leadership

As Commander-in-Chief, my primary duty is the defense of our nation, the protection of American lives, and the preservation of our interests abroad. The activities of Abdul-Malik al-Houthi and Mahdi al-Mashat have escalated to intolerable levels, directly threatening the safety of American citizens, our allies, and the sanctity of international law. Their leadership in the Houthi rebellion has perpetuated the conflict in Yemen and endangered the stability of the Middle East, necessitating a firm and immediate response from the United States.

Given the recent egregious attacks on both American and allied civilian vessels by Houthi forces, it is evident that diplomatic patience must now be bolstered by decisive action. The United States will not stand by as our people and our allies are put in harm's way by rogue actors who reject the principles of peace and international cooperation.

Directive:

I am ordering a comprehensive and immediate redirection of resources within the intelligence community, the Department of Defense, and the Department of State with the following objectives:

Intensified Intelligence Operations: Launch an intensified intelligence-gathering initiative aimed at Abdul-Malik al-Houthi and Mahdi al-Mashat. This operation should leverage all available national assets to ensure we have actionable intelligence on their locations and plans.

Strategic Alliance Building: Enhance cooperation with our allies, particularly those in the Middle East who share our concern over the Houthis’ destabilizing actions. This coordination should include intelligence sharing and joint operational planning to ensure a unified front against the Houthi threat.

Preparation of Military Options: The Department of Defense is tasked with developing targeted military options for bringing Abdul-Malik al-Houthi and Mahdi al-Mashat to justice. These plans must prioritize precision and the minimization of civilian impact, in accordance with American values and international law.

Diplomatic Engagement: The Department of State will intensify efforts to isolate the Houthi movement internationally, rallying global opinion against their unlawful activities and supporting diplomatic avenues towards a peaceful resolution in Yemen, always with American security interests at the forefront.

Accountability:

This initiative is of the highest priority. I expect a briefing on progress and actionable plans within 14 days, with bi-weekly updates thereafter. Our response must be swift, our actions decisive, and our resolve unwavering.

Conclusion:

The United States is committed to leading with strength and integrity on the world stage. We will protect our citizens, support our allies, and uphold international norms. Let our actions regarding the Houthi leadership send a clear message: the United States will not tolerate threats to our people or our principles. We will act decisively to neutralize those who pose such threats, and we will emerge stronger for it.

Ryan Carter

Oval Office Address by President Ryan Carter on the Houthi Threat
Date: January 31st, 2025

Good evening, my fellow Americans,

As I speak to you tonight from the Oval Office, I am reminded of our great nation's enduring spirit and our solemn duty, under God, to uphold the principles of freedom and justice both at home and abroad.

Recently, our commitment to these principles has been challenged by the aggressive actions of the Houthi insurgents in Yemen. These militants have not only destabilized their own country but now threaten the peace and safety of the world by attacking civilian vessels in international waters. The American-flagged SS Liberty Navigator, along with a Union State-flagged ship, both on missions of mercy to deliver humanitarian aid, were targeted ruthlessly. Such acts of unprovoked aggression are a stark reminder of the evil that we face.

As a nation blessed with freedom, we bear a responsibility to combat tyranny and defend the oppressed. We cannot and will not tolerate acts that threaten the innocent and disrupt peace and stability. Our response to the Houthis’ aggression is not merely a matter of policy—it is a moral imperative.

In response, I have directed our armed forces to enhance their presence in critical regions to safeguard international shipping lanes that are the lifelines of global commerce and humanitarian aid. We are also intensifying our efforts to track down and dismantle the networks that support Houthi terrorism. We will protect our citizens, uphold the right of safe passage, and support our allies against this growing threat.

To those who wish to harm us or disrupt our way of life, hear this: You will find no greater adversary than the United States of America. We are a nation under God, committed to justice and righteousness, and we will meet your hostility with unwavering strength and resolve.

To our allies and to all peace-loving nations, we extend the hand of friendship and cooperation. Together, we can confront those who seek to sow chaos and promote suffering. United in our efforts, there is no challenge too great nor foe too formidable.

To the American people, I ask for your prayers and your support as we undertake these necessary actions. We are a country of great faith and unyielding courage, guided by the Lord, and as your President, I promise to lead with a heart full of conviction and a resolve strengthened by our shared beliefs.

Thank you, may God bless our troops, may God bless all those who strive for peace, and may God continue to bless the United States of America."

January 21st, 2025
The Oval Office
The White House
Washington D.C.

President Carter sat at his desk as the phone line connected to Jerusalem. Saying a silent prayer, the new president cleared his throat before saying “Mr. Prime Minister, it is good to speak with you. Thank you for taking my call on short notice. How are you, my friend?” (edited)

“I am well, thank you,” Netanyahu replied warmly. “I hope that you are settling in as president comfortably. Nothing too out of place with the new house?”

“Thank God, I am my friend. I have yet to find any unsavory parting gifts from my predecessor.” The President said, giving a laugh.

“Well, how are things in Israel. And may I call you Bibi my friend?”

“I’m glad to hear it, and of course,” Netanyahu replied. “Well, things here have been challenging. We’ve managed to deal with the worst of it over the past year - but it’s the Middle East. For every one fire that’s put out, another is started somewhere else.” He sighed heavily. “Still, with a little luck we will see the worst of the violence on our doorstep over for the time being.”

“Thank God, my friend. Well, I wanted to take the first chance I could to reaffirm our commitment to Israel and your territorial integrity, including our rightful recognition of Jerusalem as your capital. Is there anything you are in need of at this time?” The President replied.

Netanyahu smiled. “Very good, I’m glad to hear it. At the moment, we don’t have anything specific. The issue with growing animosity across the region, as well as governments failing are still a major concern. As long as Hamas and Hezbollah have free range, we will never be fully secure. What does your administration have in mind for the region?”

“We want to coordinate closely with you and, Lord willing, renew what the Trump administration was doing by bringing folks like the Saudis to the peace table.” The President replied.

“I see, well I hope that you are successful. We are willing to engage in dialogue with those who are willing. Hopefully with your assistance, that will be enough.”

“Indeed. Well, was there anything else you wished to discuss, my friend?” POTUS replied.

“Not at this time, but I look forward to working with you in the future. Hopefully we can continue to build a peaceful framework for all the Middle East.”

“Indeed. I would like to invite you to Washington, at your earliest convenience Bibi.” POTUS replied.

“Of course!” Netanyahu replied. “I think it would be very worthwhile for us to meet in person and I always look forward to my time in the States.”

“Great! Our State Department will be in contact to arrange everything. Until then Bibi, God bless you and all of Israel.” Carter replied

January 21st, 2025
The Oval Office
The White House
Washington D.C.

President Carter sat at his desk as the phone line connected to Beijing. Saying a silent prayer, the new leader of the free world cleared his throat before saying “President Bo, how are you? Thank you for taking my call today.”

President Bo had been waiting at his desk, waiting for the American President to make contact. He had received the message from the Americans yesterday and knew what they'd want to discuss. When an aide informed him that he was connected, and that the Americans were connected, he prepared for a long conversation.

"I am well Mr. President. I hope the same is for you?"

“Indeed, how are things over in Beijing? I hope well?” POTUS replied, trying to engage in a bit of small talk. Taking measure of the man.

Bo took a moment to think. "The year has just started, but so far, things have been smooth. The Year of the Dragon is about to end, and with that, the Year of the Snake will begin in a few days. I can't wait for the celebrations later in the year," he chuckled.

“Indeed. Well, I know you must be busy so let me get to the point of the call. I would like to discuss my fellow Texan, Mark Swidan.” Carter replied.

"What about him, Mr. President," Bo asked, as he looked at the various files and reports, about the case, on his desk.

“Mr. President, I take you as a real man. So, before we proceed, I will talk to you straight and honest and I ask you do the same. Mr. Swidan is wrongfully detained and we want him back.” Carter replied bluntly.

Mr. President, Mr. Swidan was caught trafficking drugs into our nation. If it was a lesser sentence, then this call probably wouldn't be happening in the first place, but this isn't a lesser sentence. We take drugs seriously here Mr. President."

“Mr. President, let’s drop the pretenses. The evidence against him is that he is alleged to have once visited a factory that your government says was once used for drugs and the fact that his driver and translator had drugs on him. Swidan was not found with any drugs on his person or in his hotel room.” President Carter replied.

"And a murderer might not be found with the body next to them. Just because the drugs weren't on him, doesn't mean that they weren't his," Bo replied. "Authorities did their due diligence, and I highly doubt they'd put an American citizen in jail if the crime wasn't so severe."

“Mr. President, records show that Mr. Swidan wasn’t even in your country at the time of the alleged crime. In fact, the 11 others arrested couldn’t even identify Mr. Swidan. Mr. President, surely you must see this is at least questionable evidence to place an American on death row?” Carter replied.

Bo looked down at the files. "It seems like you truly believe that the police in this great nation, would come up with faulty evidence, just to throw a man in jail. Let me ask you this Mr. President. How many Americans are thrown into jail, each year, due to questionable evidence," he asked harshly. "Mr. Swidan is a convicted criminal, however, he was sentenced to death with two year reprieve. If he is not found to have committed any other crimes, then his sentence will be lowered to only life imprisonment. And even that may be reduced if he was found doing great deeds while here in the country."

“What do you want in exchange for him?” POTUS asked, tired of talking to a wall.

"There are currently two Chinese Citizens that are currently in your prison system. Hongjin Tan and Hao Zhang. We would like for these two men to be returned to us," Bo replied, with a smile on his face.

Turning to his advisors for a moment, the President waited before getting a nod of approval.

“Very well. On the condition that the charges against Mr. Swidan are dropped and it is made clear that he was mistakenly detained.”

"I believe that can be done Mr. President," Bo replied. "I'll have my people contact yours to discuss the best possible release date."

“I look forward to it. Thank you, Mr. President. Now, was there anything you wished to discuss?” POTUS replied

"No, I believe that will be all. I hope this...dialogue...is just the beginning of something greater between our governments. The People's Republic wants nothing more than to be America's friend," Bo stated.

“We likewise seek cooperation and mutual respect, my friend. Thank you again.” POTUS replied before hanging up.

January 22, 2025
The Oval Office
The White House
Washington D.C.

President Carter sat in his chair in the Oval Office as he waited for the line to Moscow to connect.

Before long, an aide nodded and POTUS said a silent prayer before saying “Mr. President, thank you for taking my call today. How are you?”

On the other side of the world, late in the evening, an aide answered the phone and. He set the phone on speaker. President Sergei Shoigu sat at the head of the table, his interpeter, Sasha, sitting right next to him. His chief of staff, Viktoria Abramchenko, sat on the other side of Shoigu, a array of notes and papers spread out before her as she wrote quickly into a large yelllow notepad. Through Sasha, Shoigu replied,

"Thank you for your call, Mr. President. May I extend my personal congratulations to your election and inauguration as president of the United States. I pray that your presidency will be a successful one.

"Here, we are well. The Union State is remaining strong and we are hopeful for a stronger future for the Eurasian region. But I am sure you would like to disucss business, Mr. President. What would you like to begin with?"

“I would like to start by inviting you to visit us here in America. Perhaps a working visit at Camp David or my ranch back in Texas. I am keenly interested in furthering nuclear reduction efforts between us. It is my firm conviction that there are no natural reasons for our two nations to not get along in a cooperative manner.” POTUS replied.

Shoigu's eyebrows raised. "Well, I appreciate your point of view, Mr. President. I hope you can appreciate the Russian and Belarusian points of view as well. Still, I would greatly appreciate a visit to the United States. I believe that a nuclear reduction act would be in the benefit of both states."

“I am glad to hear that, my friend. Now, was there a topic you wished to discuss?” Carter replied.

"Indeed," said Shoigu as Abramchenko slid a piece of paper across to him. He continued as he read, "On the matter of Turkey and NATO. I don't need to tell you the provocations that they have levied against the Union State over the past several years. In Syria and in Armenia they have launched direct or proxy attacks that have killed and displaced thousands of people. Only with the barrel of Russian weaponry did the Turkish-backed Azeri invasion of Armenia stop. Needless to say, that caused significant complications in a region that we consider our own sphere." Shoigu paused to collect his thoughts. He wasn't too sure about this American president - he was still young and riding the right-wing populist wave of the United States. A wave that had proven sympathic to Russian ideology. Still, one could never know.

"If it is as you say," he continued. "That you do not see as a natural adversaries, then perhaps you can work within your own alliance to stand down NATO expansion into the Eurasian sphere?"

“What do you consider the Eurasian sphere?” Carter replied.

Shoigu smiled. "The members of the Eurasian Economic Union and those in the surrounding region. I am particularly concerned with conflict points with radicals in Europe along the Belarusian border - but I am more concerned with recent NATO aggressions in Armenia and in the political actions in the region known as the 'stans'. I am sure you would feel equally concerned if the Union State placed military apparatus along your borders. It is a concern we feel greatly. Particularly with the recent Turkish actions aimed at undermining the Union State's influence in the Caucuses. "

“Do you still hold significant sway over Syria and Iran?” Carter replied, knowing the sudden seemingly change in course would be baffling to the Russian.

Shoigu took in a deep breath, the avoidance of the question was becoming iritating. "Yes, both are in the process of membership within the economic union."

“We don’t seek conflict or to make you feel threatened. So, I can promise you that will continue under my administration. I will also speak to Ankara about Armenia. But I need something from your side as well. I need your help in getting all American citizens held by both governments released. At the very least your assistance in getting us a meeting with the respective governments and some pressure to release our citizens.” POTUS replied.

"We don't generally interfere in the judicial processes of independent states, Mr. President," Shoigu retorted . "Still, if you are willing to speak with Ankara, I will speak with both the leaders of Syria and Iran on the matter to understand the nature of their detainment and to assess how we many come to an amicable solution."

“Thank you. Now, was there anything else you wished to discuss?” POTUS asked.

"What is the American opinion on the situation in the Sahel region?"

“Terrorists must never be given room to fester. Perhaps, that’s a point of continued mutual cooperation for us?” Carter replied.

“Perhaps,” said Shoigu. “However, that is a topic for discussion with the local governments. However, I hope we can continue to work together on defeating terrorism worldwide. Now, what else did you wish to discuss, Mr. President?”

“I believe that is all for now on our end.” POTUS replied.

“Very well, I look forward to my visit to your country.”

“Indeed. As do I, Mr. President.” Carter replied before hanging up.

January 31st, 2025
The Oval Office
The White House
Washington D.C.

President Carter sat at his desk, waiting for the line to the Qatar Emir to connect. The U.S. and Qatar had historically close relations and now President Carter was praying that would give him some ability to get something out of Doha.

Saying a prayer, POTUS readied himself as the line turned green and, clearing his throat, Carter said “Tamim, my friend. How are you?

"I am well Mr. President," Tamim replied. "Congratulations on your election. Things must be very hectic as you settle in."

“Thank you, and indeed they are unfortunately. Especially with this business in Yemen. But, I will not take your time with that. I am calling you to ask for a big favor. Ismail Haniyeh.” Carter replied.

Tamim raised his eyebrows, though he knew Carter couldn't see that. "What about him?" (edited)

“We want him and the rest of the Hamas leadership in your country turned over to us. I understand that might put you in a precarious situation PR wise, so we are willing to work with you to accomplish this however it needs to go down and we are willing to compensate you for the trouble.“ Carter replied.

"That is quite the ask Mr. President," Tamim replied. "To just turn over the entire Hamas leadership isn't something we can just do. They are our friends; that isn't something we're afraid to hide, and as friends, we can't just turn our backs to them and kick them out."

“What about Haniyeh?” Carter asked.

Mr. President, I can understand why you'd want any member of Hamas turned over to you. Hamas is your enemy. However, we haven't done it before, and we aren't going to start doing so now," Tamim said.

“Hamas is a terrorist organization. A terrorist organization that you are harboring. I am willing to work with you out of respect for our historic good relations. It wasn’t that long ago that the Saudis and others were at your throats over what they considered your support for terrorism. The United States alongside Kuwait helped broker an end to that episode. Haniyeh and his Hamas terror colleagues are responsible for the deaths of American lives stemming from October 7th. So I am asking you, who do you value more as your friend? Hamas terrorists? Or us?” Carter replied, shifting in his seat as he did.

“And if it wasn’t for us, Hamas would never come to the negotiating table. Mr. President, you aren’t looking at everything. If we give them over to you, what’s to stop them from lashing out? They’d have nothing left to lose. They’d try and take down as many people as possible, and, let’s be honest, the lives lost will most likely not be American,” Tamim replied.

“Having them here gives us leverage over them; leverage that can work to your advantage if you work with us. Their attack that day wasn’t needed, but they aren’t the problem; they’re a symptom. When Palestinians are constantly killed day after day, it’s only a matter of time before someone decides enough is enough and escalated.”

“All I am trying to say Mr. President is that there is much more good that comes from us keeping their leadership here.”

Sitting silent for a moment, Carter leaned back in his chair. Taking a sip of water, he leaned back forward and said “Tamim, you do make at least one great point. With them there, we know where they are. We have direct line. If they were removed and others popped up, that same certainty is not there.”

Sighing, the President continued “Forgive me then for this call, I hope you do understand though the… feelings we have towards Hamas and its leadership. It just doesn’t sit right with me that they sit in a gilded hotel room while millions languish and perish. But, again, I do see your point on keeping them there. What I ask then is that you ensure they remain in Qatar. We will not seek to apprehend or eliminate them so long as they remain in your nation and do not unleash something like October 7th again.”

“We completely understand how you and the rest of the world feel. We do.” Tamim paused. He thought about how the entire world was practically on his throat after what Hamas did that day. He knew that Qatar couldn’t protect them forever, especially if they committed to another attack like that. “We will let them know of the consequences if something like October 7th were to ever happen again. They have nowhere else to go. If something like that happens again, they won’t have our protection.”

“Thank you, Tamim.” Carter replied before adding “One last thing, I would be very appreciative if any of your institutions had any information on any Houthi leaders or major positions. Their actions recently, unfortunately, seem to show they are unwilling to abide by any sense of international norms.”

“I’ll see what I can do, but most of our information will most certainly be outdated,” Tamim replied. “We haven’t had forces in Yemen since 2017, but I’ll have the relevant offices pass over whatever information we have.”

“Thank you. Now, was there anything you wished to discuss before we ended?” Carter asked.

“No, I believe that would be all Mr. President,” he replied

“Thank you then again Tamim. Sorry again for earlier. You have a good day.” Carter replied before the call ended.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:27 pm

February
Moscow, Russia

“The strike was launched from here, just a few miles outside of the city.”

A colonel was speaking, delivering the morning security brief to the senior military and civilian leaders of the Union State’s deeply complicated Armed Forces. At the head of the table with his arms crossed sat President Shoigu, his eyes slightly glazed over. The colonel continued to speak, “The strike hit an American vessel and one of ours, caused significant damage and claimed several lives. The vessels were towed into port. They are likely seaworthy, but the engineers haven’t had a good look at it. Still, its hundreds of millions of US dollars in damages here.”

“What have the Americans said?” An officer - a Belarussian officer - asked from one of the back rows.

“About what you would expect. They are calling for an end for the Houthi militias and this is simply fuel to the fire.”

“Hmm,” Shoigu grunted. All eyes turned to him as he straightened up in his chair. “This is certainly fuel and the fact that the Houthis are getting this confident is getting concerning. We’ll have to strengthen our calls to end the attacks on shipping, perhaps it’s time to take a more active role in security in this part of the world. What do you think?” Shoigu’s eyes turned to one of the admirals, an Admiral Denisov. Needless to say, Denisov was Russian.

“We have only a few assets that could make any significant difference, sir,” Denisov said, almost apologetically. “But we still could deploy a squadron of ships to patrol - we have some new shiny Gorshkov frigates and some corvettes that need some real testing. We could certainly partner with the Chinese fleet in the region - show some mutual support for each other’s efforts in the region?”

Shoigu smiled and nodded. “That doesn’t sound terrible.” He sighed, knowing the navy was a significant issue and could certainly be described as terrible. Several efforts to build new classes of frigates and corvettes had been delayed and delayed, with most of them getting laid down only in the past few years. With the acceleration of the Union State, there was little call for a grand navy from the Belarusians. The grand vision of a blue water navy, replete with aircraft carriers leading the Union State across the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans was still only just now being laid down in port, at least a good seven years before she’d even touch ocean-water.

“What we need is the proper assets to be able to reply in situations like this, rather than allow the United States to dictate terms. Still, it is what it is. The more ships we can deploy the better.” The admiral nodded and Shoigu leaned back in his seat again. “I’ll deal with the Americans, and hopefully we can get reasonable terms with them.”

“The president invited you to America didn’t he?” Minister of Defence Viktor Khrenin ventured. Shoigu smiled.

“He did,” he said, a hint of a smile on his face. “From what I hear, he is looking for a more informal affair. Still, I’m looking forward to it. American luxury, regardless of how its crafted, always has its appeals. Plus, I imagine the president is looking for a chance to swing our vote.”

“And?” Khrenin asked. “Will we?” Shoigu shrugged and stared up at the presentation.

“There are always avenues towards cooperation,” Shoigu replied. “It’ll be more important to keep our relationship civil than it is to risk everything over a strip of desert in the Middle East.”

Khrenin nodded. “Very good, sir. We’ll prepare a proposal to issue to the Union Parliament regarding a naval deployment. With a bit of luck, we should have ships on route in less than month.”

Moscow Times

February 10

Houthis claim responsibility in attack that struck two cargo ships, including one Union State flagged ship

Two cargo ships, one Union State flagged ship and one American, on route to Somalia to deliver humanitarian aid were struck by Houthi militants causing severe damage to both ships. The Houthis accepted responsibility for the attack, but claimed that the two ships were carrying weapons. That claim was flatly denied by all parties involved, including the governments of both the United States and the Union State.
A spokesperson for the government flatly denied that the SG-flagged ship was carrying munitions. “That is false and is based on misinformation or a misidentification from the Houthi government. The ship was carrying humanitarian aid to Somalia, it had nothing whatsoever to do with the war in Gaza. The strike against Union-flagged ships is a deep violation of the rights of shipping.”

The attack was one of many by the Houthi militants who have occupied large swaths of the country and claim to be the legitimate rulers. President Shoigu has not joined in with the mostly western cries for the Houthi government to go and has instead largely drawn focus to the war crimes and humanitarian crisis caused by the Saudi invasion of Yemen which was backed by the United States. The president has also voiced his support for the Palestinian cause, stating that the current, “genocide” taking place in Gaza cannot be allowed to continue, protected by the “United States and their veto power”.

In a later statement issued by the Union Ministry of Defence, the government made it clear that the issues with shipping were ‘not a major element of the Russian strategic picture’ as most trade from the Union State avoided the heavily trafficking shipping lane, but did state that the ‘global effects that the attacks have on trade’ would have ‘significant ramifications for strategic security’. The navy also stated that the Union State Naval Forces would be deploying ‘additional assets’ to the region, in order to supplement existing escorts for shipping through the vital shipping lines. They did not specify which assets or how many assets would be deployed, however, given the limited capabilities of the Union fleet as a blue-water navy, the possibilities for a large-scale response is fairly limited. The president has made it clear that the attack would not be tolerated and that he would ‘be in touch’ with regional partners over the issue.

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse