NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] FUSION CAUSE DESTRUCTION

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Fireian Empire
Civilian

Founded: May 30, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[DRAFT] FUSION CAUSE DESTRUCTION

Postby Fireian Empire » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am

[Title] "Fusion causes destruction"

[Validity] Must have huge scientific advencment

[Description] In a recent attempt to master nuclear fusion, your country's biggest research facility exploded. The reason ? A thirty years old pipe that was supposed to transport explosive hydrogen from a recycled plastic barrel. Now many people are asking you what to do about this situation ?

[Option 1] "We must put an end to all research now !" Yells a concerned mother who was getting her child from school when the incident happened. "@@NATIONNAME@@ doesn't need science anyway, it's already hard to make a living, and now you tell me that our tax money is going to exploding facilities ? You shoud ban scientific research and give us a tax cut, that would be the best solution for everyone, well except for scientist who will lose their jobs, but they are smart enough to find another."
[Effect] science is considered less valuable than money.

[Option 2] "Excuse me, but this wouldn't have happened if we had more fundings in the first place." Says @@RANDOMNAME@@, chief scientist of the facility in question. "As a representative of the Scientists Union for Clearer and Kinder Solutions, I need to tell you that we need more budget, we were near a breakthrough that could give us an almost infinite source of energy. Sure it will cost a lot of @@CURRENCY@@ to reconstruct an entire facility and give us enough funds to make it work, but I promise you if we fuse our efforts, fusion will be be worth it !
[Effect] scientists often destroy their laboratories to get more government fundings."

[Option 3] "Excuse me, are we not going to talk about the real issue ?" Asks, @@RANDOMNAME@@ a random citizen who surprisingly seems to be glowing a little. "An entire facility was destroyed and tons of chemicals have been rejected into the atmosphere, we don't even know the consequences on human health and environnement ! The governement must evacuate the city and quarantine the zone, oh and give everyone who lives near the site imediate medical attention !"
[Effect] @@NATIONAME@@'s citizens have a tendency to fear people wearing a white blouse.

Return to Got Issues?