NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] WereScare in @@NAME@@!

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
The Penguin Confederacy
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] WereScare in @@NAME@@!

Postby The Penguin Confederacy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:52 am

Name: WereScare in @@NAME@@!

Validity: Valid for all nations

Description: After several @@ANIMAL@@s were mistaken for much deadlier creatures (some more ridiculous than others), prompting several people to injure innocent @@ANIMAL@@s and on occasion other people, the issue has been brought to your attention.

[option] "Why are we even bothering with this?" Asks confused senator @@RANDOMMALENAME@@. "Don't you have more important things to worry about than if Mrs. So and So saw a 'large cat'? Go back to work and let the public sort this 'issue' out."
[effect] @@ANIMAL@@s that have been confused for Sasquatch are on the run.
[stats] cheerfulness decreases a little, intelligence decreases a little.

[option] "Even if Mr. Big Wig thinks it's nothing, I know better!" Panics startled old person @@RANDOMNAME@@. "It was big, seven feet tall a...a...and had purple scales w...with razors for teeth, literal razors. I'm telling you @@LEADER@@, these things are dangerous, you need to let us do what we must to save ourselves."
[effect] Paranoid old people shoot at the homeless rooting through their trash.
[stats] civil rights increase a little, weaponization increases a lot, unemployment decreases a little, life expectancy drops, safety decreases a little.

[option] "I agree but letting paranoid old folks shoot willy-nilly is not the answer." replies your Military Advisor @@RANDOMMALENAME@@. "We need to put military patrols out on the streets at night and increase police patrols during the day. Of course they'll also need training to identify monsters from animals but that's a small price to pay. I've already drawn up the routes and everything, just stamp this here, and here, and we'll be good to go."
[effect] Fire bombing the homeless is @@NAME@@'s Army's new favorite past-time.
[stats] arms manufacturing increases a lot, safety decreases a lot, life expectancy decreases a lot.

[option] "Look here, we caught the beast on camera!" Claims local scientist @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@. "It's nothing more than a @@ANIMAL@@. Let's stop this silly nonsense once and for all. Who thought that this cute little guy was any sort of monster? That's just flat out silly. If we show the public, everything will work out in the end and you can go back to giving us that tax break I asked you to give us."
[effect] People killed by real wild animals are listed to have died by @@ANIMAL@@ attacks.
[stats] safety increases a little.
Last edited by The Penguin Confederacy on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Leppikania
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:13 am

The Penguin Confederacy wrote:the issue has been brought to your attention.

What issue? What is the problem here? You need to clarify this.

In addition, the options are a bit short.
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:20 am

The Penguin Confederacy wrote:Description: After several @@ANIMAL@@s were mistaken for much deadlier creatures (some more ridiculous than others), the issue has been brought to your attention.
Why is this a problem? Are people scared to leave their homes for fear of monsters? Did some people shoot first and ask questions later at harmless animals? Are cryptid hunters wasting their time combing the wilderness for a creature that doesn't exist?

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:19 pm

I also fail to see the pronlem here
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:00 pm

Police and military are not trained to identify animal species
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Return to Got Issues?