NATION

PASSWORD

US Gen. Election Thread V: The Hunt for Red October Surprise

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is The Biggest, Most Imminent, Geopolitical Threat To The United States?

Russia
13%
China
7%
North Korea
1%
ISIS
5%
Climate Change
18%
Iran
0%
Immigrants/Refugees
5%
Domestic Terror
5%
Hillary Clinton
18%
Donald Trump
29%

Total votes : 256

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:21 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
The Liberated Territories wrote:
The Onion has gotten a bit stale with material, but this guy hasn't it seems.

ua ges dtbbt.

What?
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:21 pm

Corrian wrote:
Galloism wrote:I would bet money there are. Whether they'll make it into the light of day or not I don't know.

Donald has been on camera for many years, but there's strong contracts surrounding a lot of it. I mean, hopefully more get released, but I'm not sure there will be, given how litigious he is.

I hope they do so they can realize he's been a scummy dirt bag repeatedly.

I mean, the election has proved that conclusively, but you know, for some people no amount of evidence is sufficient.

You know, when Donald said he could shoot someone and not lose a single voter...

Well, does it bother you to think he might not have actually been wrong?
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:21 pm

Ailiailia wrote:

The bastard. What did Hillary ever do to him?

Holy fucking shit? Beck?evryones favoite conservstive commentator? Thi s election is somtjing ese.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:22 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:
ua ges dtbbt.

What?

I dont remember are we talking about Borowitz?

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:22 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:

Holy fucking shit? Beck?evryones favoite conservstive commentator? Thi s election is somtjing ese.

Go home Tom, you're drunk.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:23 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
What?

I dont remember are we talking about Borowitz?

Yea, at least on the comment you replied on, yea.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Dushan
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dushan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:23 pm

Galloism wrote:
Corrian wrote:I hope they do so they can realize he's been a scummy dirt bag repeatedly.

I mean, the election has proved that conclusively, but you know, for some people no amount of evidence is sufficient.

You know, when Donald said he could shoot someone and not lose a single voter...

But that was when the Trump Train had full speed and inertia and was unstoppable. Recently it has been going more... slower. Especially with Election Day closing, stuff like Pussygate has more severe consequences.
Martial Nation on a far distant world with SciFi and Fantasy elements.

Factbook
This Nation does not use NS stats. When RPing with nation of different TL, we adapt to it.

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:23 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:

Actually, Beck hates Trump and has hated him this whole cycle.
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

Ebliania
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ebliania » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:24 pm

Dushan wrote:
Galloism wrote:I mean, the election has proved that conclusively, but you know, for some people no amount of evidence is sufficient.

But that was when the Trump Train had full speed and inertia and was unstoppable. Recently it has been going more... slower. Especially with Election Day closing, stuff like Pussygate has more severe consequences.

Slower? I think it's derailing.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:24 pm

Galloism wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:Holy fucking shit? Beck?evryones favoite conservstive commentator? Thi s election is somtjing ese.

There's not even a debate going on right now!

I guess this whole election season is a good excuse to drink, though.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Dushan wrote:
Galloism wrote:I mean, the election has proved that conclusively, but you know, for some people no amount of evidence is sufficient.

Seriously now, saying he could murder someone gets a pass, but saying that he'd grab women by the pussy and he can get away with it because he's rich doesn't?

What the fuck, America. One would think they're both equally horrible phrases to say for a president, and yet the latter is the one he's being criticized on.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:Like, come on people, just because the village idiot thinks that something is a good idea, that doesn't mean the rest of the idiots have to jump and make the point that they, too, are horrible people.

Or for better clarification: Just because the popular idiot jumps off a bridge that doesn't mean we all have jumped off any bridges.

No one remotely suggested that everyone else should do it, because there's already enough issues with false rape claims as is without adding any physical contact whatsoever to "things people on the internet find sexist".

Also, this "horrible people" thing is ridiculous. So men cannot comment among other men about the physical appearance of a woman and whether or not he'd like to have sex with them? I bet there are plenty of women, even the majority, who talk about men in similar fashion and about who they would have sex with. It's just what we do, among other things.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:27 pm

Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:28 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:Like, come on people, just because the village idiot thinks that something is a good idea, that doesn't mean the rest of the idiots have to jump and make the point that they, too, are horrible people.

Or for better clarification: Just because the popular idiot jumps off a bridge that doesn't mean we all have jumped off any bridges.

No one remotely suggested that everyone else should do it, because there's already enough issues with false rape claims as is without adding any physical contact whatsoever to "things people on the internet find sexist".

Also, this "horrible people" thing is ridiculous. So men cannot comment among other men about the physical appearance of a woman and whether or not he'd like to have sex with them? I bet there are plenty of women, even the majority, who talk about men in similar fashion and about who they would have sex with. It's just what we do, among other things.

I'd say a woman saying she can grab any man by the dick and there's nothing he can do because she's famous should be considered similarly deplorable.

She's describing sexual assault. Just like Donald did.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:28 pm

Dushan wrote:

Seems to me more like it hit an 80 degree turn at 80 miles an hour.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:29 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:

Major-Tom wrote:

Commenting on how attractivr a woman is is locker room talk. Saying you grab em by the pussy is just straight up sexual assault, and i ait even being lo key here ok.

^ the above is an opinion I actually share on all this.

I talk about liking a woman and wanting them in a sexual way. However, I am not entirely sure I've ever heard any man go about what they'd like to do to a woman, such as, but not limited to "grabbing them by the pussy".

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:29 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:

Physically making contact with someone else's genitals without consent is sexual assault. Period.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:30 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:

Major-Tom wrote:
Commenting on how attractivr a woman is is locker room talk. Saying you grab em by the pussy is just straight up sexual assault, and i ait even being lo key here ok.

I talk about liking a woman and wanting them in a sexual way. However, I am not entirely sure I've ever heard any man go about what they'd like to do to a woman, such as, but not limited to "grabbing them by the pussy".

I gotta admit, the first time I heard it, I received a very unpleasant mental image of what that might look like.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:31 pm

Galloism wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:Holy fucking shit? Beck?evryones favoite conservstive commentator? Thi s election is somtjing ese.

ok mom.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:32 pm

Galloism wrote:

I gotta admit, the first time I heard it, I received a very unpleasant mental image of what that might look like.

My first response mentally was, and I am not joking here, "how the fuck do you grab a woman by their pussy?"

But even more seriously after that, it was like "I don't really need to know what your sexual fantasies are, Donald, nor did I wanted to know".

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:32 pm

Galloism wrote:Trump... you fucking bastard.

An extraordinary backstage confrontation between Donald J. Trump’s campaign and the staff of the Presidential Commission on Debates unfolded just minutes before the debate on Sunday night after Mr. Trump tried to give seats in his V.I.P. box to a group of women who have accused former President Bill Clinton of making unwanted sexual advances.

The situation de-escalated only after the commission threatened to call security to remove the women if they tried to sit in the box, where they would have been right next to Mr. Clinton and in Hillary Clinton’s line of sight from the stage — a spectacle that Mr. Trump and his top advisers tried to engineer for maximum shock effect just as tens of millions of people would be tuning in from around the world.

With little other option to avoid a physical scuffle, however, the Trump campaign relented.

The episode was the latest in a string of threats, taunts and gamesmanship over the debates from both campaigns.

The incident in St. Louis on Sunday night, reported earlier by The Washington Post, rose to the highest levels of the Trump campaign and the debate commission. Moments before the kerfuffle over seating, Mr. Trump and his campaign chief executive, Stephen K. Bannon, had surprised reporters by staging an impromptu news conference with the Republican nominee and three women who have claimed that Mr. and Mrs. Clinton minimized and belittled their claims of sexual misconduct. Among them were Paula Jones, whose sexual harassment lawsuit against Mr. Clinton helped force his impeachment, and Juanita Broaddrick, who has accused the former president of raping her in 1978. A fourth woman, who said she was raped as a child by a man Hillary Clinton defended at trial in 1975, also appeared at the impromptu panel.

The Trump campaign, which paid for the women to travel to St. Louis, kept the news conference tightly under wraps, going so far as to tell the reporters they took into the room, where Ms. Jones, Ms. Broaddrick and the others were waiting, that they were about to witness Mr. Trump’s debate preparations.

There was little the debate commission could do to stop Mr. Trump and Mr. Bannon’s news conference. But when the co-chairman of the commission, Mr. Fahrenkopf, a former Republican National Committee chairman, got word that the campaign was going to try to put the women in the Trump V.I.P. box just as the last of the audience members were taking their seats, he objected.

“He said I will get security and yank them out of there,” said one Republican with firsthand knowledge of the episode.

From the Trump campaign’s perspective, it was utilizing its four seats in the V.I.P. box as it should. But Mr. Fahrenkopf insisted that the agreement with the commission and the two campaigns allowed only family members in those seats. The commission denied the Clintons’ request that Senator Claire McCaskill of Missouri be seated in their box.

Kellyanne Conway, Mr. Trump’s campaign manager, said in an interview with CBS News on Monday morning that she still did not understand why Mr. Fahrenkopf would not allow the women to be seated where Mr. Trump wanted them.

“I was surprised that they thwarted that, only because it did not say family box, it said V.I.P. box,” Ms. Conway said. “These women want to be heard.”

Before the first debate at Hofstra University on Long Island last month, the Clinton and Trump campaigns bickered over their guests. Mrs. Clinton’s aides invited Mark Cuban, the reality TV entrepreneur and frequent Trump antagonist, and said he would be sitting in the front row.

Mr. Trump, never one to be upstaged in creating a flamboyant diversion, threatened to invite another woman from Mr. Clinton’s past, Gennifer Flowers, and seat her in the front row. Ms. Flowers, who has said she carried on a long-running affair with the former president, did not attend. Mr. Trump, it appeared, let the cooler heads inside his campaign prevail.

But by Sunday night, all bets were off.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/11/us/po ... ebate.html

Ok, this is just bad all the way around. Let's do a hypothetical both ways:

Let's suppose the claims of these women against Bill are true. You're going to seat them next to their rapist?

Let's suppose the claims of these women against Bill are not true. You're going to force Bill to sit next to someone who has falsely accused him of rape?

Trump, you're a bastard of the highest order.

Round Three, Hillary needs to pop some Tic Tacs and offer some to Donald.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:32 pm

I can't believe this is a topic that has to come up on an election thread of all places.

By the way, and I know I am actually a weird breed in this regard, I have never talked about people I am attracted to in the level of "Yeah, I'd have sex with that". I have commented on being attracted to people, though, but that's about as far as I ever go. Partially because I even find commenting on the more "extreme" but actually "tolerable" comments to be too much for me. And Trump's goes even beyond that.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:33 pm

Galloism wrote:I gotta admit, the first time I heard it, I received a very unpleasant mental image of what that might look like.

My first response mentally was, and I am not joking here, "how the fuck do you grab a woman by their pussy?"

But even more seriously after that, it was like "I don't really need to know what your sexual fantasies are, Donald, nor did I wanted to know".

I might have a better imagination than you.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:34 pm

Corrian wrote:I can't believe this is a topic that has to come up on an election thread of all places.

By the way, and I know I am actually a weird breed in this regard, I have never talked about people I am attracted to in the level of "Yeah, I'd have sex with that". I have commented on being attracted to people, though, but that's about as far as I ever go. Partially because I even find commenting on the more "extreme" but actually "tolerable" comments to be too much for me. And Trump's goes even beyond that.

I mean, I will be honest, me and my dad talk in a crude manner about all kinds of topics. We are Latinos though, and so our manner of speaking about topics are usually colored by that particular outlier.

But Donald's comments are something that left both of us cringing and going "holy shit is this guy for real?"
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:35 pm

Corrian wrote:I can't believe this is a topic that has to come up on an election thread of all places.

I mean, I will be honest, me and my dad talk in a crude manner about all kinds of topics.

But Donald's comments are something that left both of us cringing and going "holy shit is this guy for real?"

And perhaps more to the point, you and your dad are not running for president, someone viewed as a role model for children.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General