NATION

PASSWORD

Pokémon: Adventures in Anglion [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Pokémon: Adventures in Anglion [IC]

Postby Gurori » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:42 am

Pokémon: Adventures in Anglion
The IC Thread
OOC

It's a brand new day in the region of Anglion, the sun was shining for once, Pidgeys and Wingulls were flooding the skies while the Pidoves pecked at the ground, scavenging for food. Over in Sunbay town, an event was unfolding.

Anglionish Broadcasting Corporation
News

A news reporter looked towards the camera, a smile on their face. "Today is a new day for Anglion, Professor Hazel Filbert has decided for the Pokédex Program to commence once more. The last Pokédex Program was twenty years ago but was soon discontinued as cases of missing trainers arose and reports of Pokédex malfunctions circulated. Trainers of all ages can come to her lab in Sunbay Town to receive a Pokédex and some Pokéballs. The newest model of the Anglionish Pokédex features an emergency signal button which when pressed, sends a call for help. This new model of Pokédex was created by Professor Hazel Filbert with the help of Kanto's Professor Samuel Oak and Kalos' Professor Augustine Sycamore.
Last edited by Gurori on Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:03 pm

" Niko, remind me why we are here again." The blond man said with a confused look on his face. Just a few minutes earlier they had just been on a bus that went from Esse Town to Sunbay Town. Niko, a tall muscular man turned and said to the blond man with a growl," We are here Benjamin,because I heard that one of the Pokemon on the list lives around this area. By the way, where is Marty with the disguises?" Niko sighed as he thought about what kind of trouble that idiot was up to. He had sent him to Sunbay three days in advance to help prepare for what they were about to do. Niko and Benjamin suddenly heard the sound of footsteps running towards them. As they turned they saw a brown haired man with a goatee running towards them with a cardboard box while yelling in a thick Irla accent," Oi got de duds!" Niko couldn't help but grin when he heard Marty's thick accent. For as long as Niko knew him, Marty had always had a thick accent. When Marty got up to the group Niko took the box from Marty and looked inside. There were three blue lab coats and a pair of glasses inside. Niko let out a growl,set down the box, and said to Marty while snarling," Why did you get blue lab coats?! I said get white!"

" Oi tart blue wus a juicy color," Marty said while shrugging his shoulders. Niko took the lab coats and glasses out of the box and then, much to Benjamin's surprise, slapped Marty on the face. As Marty grabbed his cheek in pain, Niko and Benjamin put on their lab coats. After all three of the men put on the lab coats, with Benjamin wearing the glasses, they started to walk through town towards the lab. Once they got close enough they walked into an alley and watched as a news reporter started to do a story. Niko then said to Marty and Benjamin in a authoritative voice, "Alright you idiots remember the plan, we walk in, pretend we are scientists and when Dr. Filbert is distracted we grab her Pokemon and run. Any questions?" Marty then said to Niko in a confused voice," Waaat kind av pokemon are we stealin' ? Niko then said in a slightly annoyed voice," We are here to steal a Garchomp. Now if any of any of you lunkheads have any more questions, stuff it. And, if you morons mess this up, you will be black and blue by the time I am finished with you!" The three men then walked out of the alley and towards the lab. Once they reached the entrance, they walked in and walked towards the reception desk.
Last edited by Shark isle on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:25 pm

Professor Filbert's Lab

At the lab was the professor herself, dressed in her usual attire of a white and yellow lab coat with a blue and black shirt with gray pants and black and yellow shoes. She approached the three men who had entered as the receptionist wasn't there. "Hello? How may I help you?" The professor said, curious about these three newcomers. It seemed like they were fellow scientists, but hadn't expected a visit from any scientists and nobody had told her in advance.
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:35 pm

Anith was very excited that morning. As fate would have it, she wasn't in her home of Sogdamp Town, but had been studying pokemon for the last year in Sunbay Town! Now she'd be able to go on the adventure she'd dreamed of as a younger girl! Best of all, she'd share those adventures with her pokemon swinub, Wooly.

Professor Filbert was Anith's role model and everything Anith hoped to grow up to be.

That morning, Anith was near the front of the line to receive her pokedex, alarm watch and five extra pokeballs. Since she already had Wooly, she wouldn't be getting a starter pokemon, like the other new trainers. That was fine, because with Wooly's help she'd be capturing and cataloging LOTS of pokemon into her pokedex.

When it was her turn, she presented Wooly to Professor Filbert for inspection. The Professor seemed quite pleased and smiled at them both, saying, "I have a feeling the two of you will do very well on your travels and look forward to looking at your pokedex, in the future."

Then the Professor awarded her with her new pokedex and pokegear. She would have loved to talk more, but the other trainers were all waiting for their turns.

Anith lingered and found a nearby bench, from which to watch the spectacle and see what some of the other pokemon in the town that day.
Last edited by WhatsamattaU on Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:46 pm

Gurori wrote:Professor Filbert's Lab

At the lab was the professor herself, dressed in her usual attire of a white and yellow lab coat with a blue and black shirt with gray pants and black and yellow shoes. She approached the three men who had entered as the receptionist wasn't there. "Hello? How may I help you?" The professor said, curious about these three newcomers. It seemed like they were fellow scientists, but hadn't expected a visit from any scientists and nobody had told her in advance.

Niko thought to himself," This must be the professor." Before Niko could give a response, Benjamin said with a grin on his face," My name is Dr. Davers and these are my two assistants Bill and Roger. We are from Dublio City research laboratory , we came to check out your research. We told your secretary we were coming but she must have forgotten to tell you." Niko and Marty, not being happy about being called assistants, pinched Benjamin on the back. Benjamin let out a subtle gasp but did not yell out in pain.
Last edited by Shark isle on Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:47 pm

Today was a very lucky day for many hopefull trainers, and if there were two things that Marcus was fond off, it was luck and hope. The white haired trainer-to-be stood at the edge of the rocky wharf that was Sunbay Town. He took the train all the way from Inver to Esse, but the rest of the journey he had to make himself. He was surprised, for the leading professor in all of Anglion to make him come all the way to this insignificant little town. He would have suspected Lakesect City to be his destination, as it was the biggest and most populous city in the region, but he wasn't going to complain, he prefers more idyllic atmospheres, anyways.

He would, however, also prefer that he get his own adventure started as soon as possible. Marcus made his way to the lab, quietly minding his own business as he did so. He entered, recieved his pokédex and pokéballs, and left, all in a satisfyingly swift amount of time. As he left, however, he caught a glimpse of three individuals entering. It was only a glimpse, but that was all he needed to tell that the three were suspcious. It wasn't his business, however, so he kept on walking.

Enjoying the brisk and slightly salty air of Sunbay Town, Marcus went to a small park that was only a short walk from the lab. Walking under a row of neatly planted trees, he closed his eyes and drew in a deep breath. The fresh air, the soft cries of pokémon overhead and all around him, this was the way start his adventure. When he opened his eyes, he caught sight of a girl sitting at a bench. He would have rathered let her be and keep on walking, but it seemed that she already caught sight of him as well. That meant he had to introduce himself. Putting on a gentle smile, he approached the bench that Anith sat on.

"Hello" He said, his voice as gentle as his smile. "You just came back from the lab, didn't you?"
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:03 pm

Mundeo wrote:
Today was a very lucky day for many hopefull trainers, and if there were two things that Marcus was fond off, it was luck and hope. The white haired trainer-to-be stood at the edge of the rocky wharf that was Sunbay Town. He took the train all the way from Inver to Esse, but the rest of the journey he had to make himself. He was surprised, for the leading professor in all of Anglion to make him come all the way to this insignificant little town. He would have suspected Lakesect City to be his destination, as it was the biggest and most populous city in the region, but he wasn't going to complain, he prefers more idyllic atmospheres, anyways.

He would, however, also prefer that he get his own adventure started as soon as possible. Marcus made his way to the lab, quietly minding his own business as he did so. He entered, recieved his pokédex and pokéballs, and left, all in a satisfyingly swift amount of time. As he left, however, he caught a glimpse of three individuals entering. It was only a glimpse, but that was all he needed to tell that the three were suspcious. It wasn't his business, however, so he kept on walking.

Enjoying the brisk and slightly salty air of Sunbay Town, Marcus went to a small park that was only a short walk from the lab. Walking under a row of neatly planted trees, he closed his eyes and drew in a deep breath. The fresh air, the soft cries of pokémon overhead and all around him, this was the way start his adventure. When he opened his eyes, he caught sight of a girl sitting at a bench. He would have rathered let her be and keep on walking, but it seemed that she already caught sight of him as well. That meant he had to introduce himself. Putting on a gentle smile, he approached the bench that Anith sat on.

"Hello" He said, his voice as gentle as his smile. "You just came back from the lab, didn't you?"

Anith was surprised that the boy had noticed her. She hadn't meant to be staring, had she been staring? Still, he had a pleasant smile, so she returned a soft smile back at him, rose to her feet and gave a respectful bow.

"Good morning," Anith said. "Yes, I did just come from the lab. I hope that I wasn't gawking at you. It's such a nice day and so many new trainers are getting their first pokemon that I found myself 'people watching' and wondering about the trainers and their pokemon."

She put forth her hand in invitation for a handshake and continued, "My name is Anith. Anith from Sogdamp Town." Producing a heavy ball, she released her Swinub, saying, "This is Wooly. We've been together for a year now, while I studied at the Trainer's School"
Last edited by WhatsamattaU on Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:25 pm

And then there was Hikari

Then seemingly out of nowhere, a boy and their Charmander were running towards the lab as if they were late. "Can't be late, can't be late, can't be late..." He repeated, the Charmander grunting at a similar pace. They slowed down to a complete halt before they could crash into the door before slowly entering, not noticing the two other trainers outside.

The professor looked at the three men one more time and said. "My secretary can be a bit forgetful sometimes, just head through that door and feel free to look around." She said to them before they left.

The professor then approached the boy who clearly looked exhausted along with their Charmander. "Well you sure had a journey." The professor said, looking down at him curiously. "I didn't want to be late." The boy said. "Well in that case, my name is Professor Hazel Filbert." The professor said. "I'm Hikari, honoured to meet you professor."

But her attention was drawn over to Charmander. "And... You have a Charmander?" She asked, a look of surprise on her face. "Yeah." Hikari said. "They're quite rare in this region, just how did you get one?" She asked yet amother question.

"Well, I actually moved up from Kanto recently. My dad's Charizard had an egg so he gave it to me, and then the egg hatched into Charmander, so he's a Kantonese Charmander." Hikari said, surprising the Professor once more. "Wow, well that's something." She chuckled before handing Hikari a Pokédex and some Pokéballs. "Now, there's a button just here..." She began to point at and explain the various features. "...and if you find yourself in an emergency, press this button and it'll send out a help signal." She finished. "Alright, thanks. See you later!" Hikari said before leaving the lab. "Have fun, remember to scan every Pokémon you come across!" The professor waved.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:55 am

The three men walked into Filbert's lab and let out a sigh of amazement. All around they saw high-tech equipment, chemicals, and even some fossils of long-dead pokemon. Niko started to walk towards the center of the lab when he noticed that Marty and Benjamin weren't moving, in fact Marty and Benjamin were so awestruck they didn't notice Niko moving. Niko, with a scowl on his face walked towards the two and slapped them. Niko then said to them in a harsh whisper," Listen you idiots, we are here to steal a pokemon, not sight-see like schoolkids on a field trip. Now start looking." He then grabbed Benjamin and Marty by the ear and pulled them towards a shelf full of pokeballs. When Marty saw how many pokeballs were on the shelf he let out a groan of dismay and said," 'oy many pokeballs does dis lady 'av?" Niko then said to Marty in a angry voice," I don't know, but we are not leaving until we find the pokemon. Now start looking!" Marty and Niko then started to look through the pokeballs while Benjamin started to walk towards the file cabinet. When he reached the file cabinet he said to the other two," I am going to look through her files, if she doesn't have the Pokemon we are looking for, the files may tell us were to find the other pokemon on the list, including the one that was supposed to be here." As the men started to search the lab they were oblivious to the mess they were making.
Last edited by Shark isle on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:29 am

WhatsamattaU wrote:
Mundeo wrote:

Anith was surprised that the boy had noticed her. She hadn't meant to be staring, had she been staring? Still, he had a pleasant smile, so she returned a soft smile back at him, rose to her feet and gave a respectful bow.

"Good morning," Anith said. "Yes, I did just come from the lab. I hope that I wasn't gawking at you. It's such a nice day and so many new trainers are getting their first pokemon that I found myself 'people watching' and wondering about the trainers and their pokemon."

She put forth her hand in invitation for a handshake and continued, "My name is Anith. Anith from Sogdamp Town." Producing a heavy ball, she released her Swinub, saying, "This is Wooly. We've been together for a year now, while I studied at the Trainer's School"

Marcus gave a light-hearted chuckle. "Don't worry, today's a very exciting day for everyone, but a nervous one, too. To start off the adventure of a lifetime, you just want to take in everything you see"

The girl then introduced herself as Anith, and the released her pokémon, a Swinub named Wooly. Instead of introduced himself, Marcus knelt down to take a closer look at the Swinub. "Whoa! What a spectacular pokémon. I've only seen it in books. Wait a second..." He took out his newly acquired pokédex, and scanned the Wooly with it.

Swinub, the Pig Pokémon:

Swinub roots for food by rubbing its snout against the ground. Its favorite food is a mushroom that grows under the cover of dead grass. This Pokémon occasionally roots out hot springs.

Swinub is an Ice and Ground type pokémon.

"Although I already know about this pokémon, recording them in our pokédex is what Professor Hazel wants us to do, right? I guess I'll have to scan each pokémon I see, then" He said, putting away the pokédex. As he stood back up, he spoke again, but his lips didn't seem to move as he did so.

"Hello! Do you know where I can find Professor Hazel's laboratory? I'm in a bit of a hurry" When Marcus stood up, there was someone else standing beside him, and that someone was him! To Anith's astonishment, there was now to of Marcus standing in front of her, both wearing the same meek smile. "Oh. I see I've already gotten ahead of myself, huh?"
Have at you!

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Shark isle wrote:Snip.

As it turned out, the Pokémon they were searching for was roaming the lab as it normally would. This Pokémon was in fact Chomper, Professor Filbert's Garchomp. Chomper noticed the mess that had been made and became quite concerned. She walked towards a room, following the trail of mess and discovered three men searching through the Professor's stuff. Chomper let out her signature Garchomp cry which could strike fear into even the bravest of souls.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:06 pm

Gurori wrote:
Shark isle wrote:Snip.

As it turned out, the Pokémon they were searching for was roaming the lab as it normally would. This Pokémon was in fact Chomper, Professor Filbert's Garchomp. Chomper noticed the mess that had been made and became quite concerned. She walked towards a room, following the trail of mess and discovered three men searching through the Professor's stuff. Chomper let out her signature Garchomp cry which could strike fear into even the bravest of souls.

The three men turned around and let a collective gasp. Before them was the garchomp they were looking for. Benjamin turned and said to the other two while trembling," The doctor said it wouldn't be this big." Niko then said to Marty in a voice that had a mixture of fear and anger," What are you waiting for? Catch it!" Marty let out a whimper and said," Oi don't 'av a pokeball." Niko then said to him," Then try to knock it out and we will run back to the main part of the lab and get one!'' Marty then picked up a chair and ran towards the garchomp and tried to smash the chair on her.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Shark isle wrote:
Gurori wrote:

The three men turned around and let a collective gasp. Before them was the garchomp they were looking for. Benjamin turned and said to the other two while trembling," The doctor said it wouldn't be this big." Niko then said to Marty in a voice that had a mixture of fear and anger," What are you waiting for? Catch it!" Marty let out a whimper and said," Oi don't 'av a pokeball." Niko then said to him," Then try to knock it out and we will run back to the main part of the lab and get one!'' Marty then picked up a chair and ran towards the garchomp and tried to smash the chair on her.

Marty had succeeded in smashing the chair over Chomper's head but she was unfazed by it, only growing angrier. She roared as her two claws glowed, she headbutted Marty and proceeded to charge at Benjamin and Niko, slashing at them with Dragon Claw.

Meanwhile, the Professor was filing her Secretary's paperwork as they were unwell when she noticed something was off. There was no paperwork regarding the hiring of three male scientists.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:39 pm

Gurori wrote:
Shark isle wrote:The three men turned around and let a collective gasp. Before them was the garchomp they were looking for. Benjamin turned and said to the other two while trembling," The doctor said it wouldn't be this big." Niko then said to Marty in a voice that had a mixture of fear and anger," What are you waiting for? Catch it!" Marty let out a whimper and said," Oi don't 'av a pokeball." Niko then said to him," Then try to knock it out and we will run back to the main part of the lab and get one!'' Marty then picked up a chair and ran towards the garchomp and tried to smash the chair on her.

Marty had succeeded in smashing the chair over Chomper's head but she was unfazed by it, only growing angrier. She roared as her two claws glowed, she headbutted Marty and proceeded to charge at Benjamin and Niko, slashing at them with Dragon Claw.

Meanwhile, the Professor was filing her Secretary's paperwork as they were unwell when she noticed something was off. There was no paperwork regarding the hiring of three male scientists.

Marty let out a grunt as he fell onto the floor, obviously unconscious. Benjamin then let out a scream of terror as the garchomp started to charge towards them, while slashing at them with it's talons. Niko then let out a gasp as he heard a horrific ripping noise coming from his abdomen. He looked down and say that the garchomp had torn a hole into his lab coat. While the garchomp was busy with Niko, Benjamin tried to sneak past it, dragging along Marty, who was still unconscious.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:17 pm

Mundeo wrote:
Marcus gave a light-hearted chuckle. "Don't worry, today's a very exciting day for everyone, but a nervous one, too. To start off the adventure of a lifetime, you just want to take in everything you see"

The girl then introduced herself as Anith, and the released her pokémon, a Swinub named Wooly. Instead of introduced himself, Marcus knelt down to take a closer look at the Swinub. "Whoa! What a spectacular pokémon. I've only seen it in books. Wait a second..." He took out his newly acquired pokédex, and scanned the Wooly with it.

Swinub, the Pig Pokémon:

Swinub roots for food by rubbing its snout against the ground. Its favorite food is a mushroom that grows under the cover of dead grass. This Pokémon occasionally roots out hot springs.

Swinub is an Ice and Ground type pokémon.

"Although I already know about this pokémon, recording them in our pokédex is what Professor Hazel wants us to do, right? I guess I'll have to scan each pokémon I see, then" He said, putting away the pokédex. As he stood back up, he spoke again, but his lips didn't seem to move as he did so.

"Hello! Do you know where I can find Professor Hazel's laboratory? I'm in a bit of a hurry" When Marcus stood up, there was someone else standing beside him, and that someone was him! To Anith's astonishment, there was now to of Marcus standing in front of her, both wearing the same meek smile. "Oh. I see I've already gotten ahead of myself, huh?"

Anith shook off her amazement. Either the boy had a twin... or something else was afoot. "How interesting."

Anith quickly got out her pokedex, pointed it at the second boy, the one who hadn't shown her a pokedex, and pressed the scan button with the volume turned down. Then, she scanned the first boy. She was very surprised at what she saw, but decided to play along.

"Zorua, the tricky fox pokemon. To protect themselves from danger, they hide their true identities by transforming into people and Pokémon."

"Well, it isn't often that one meets identical twin pokemon trainers", said Anith. "For a second, I thought one of you might be a pokemon with the illusion ability. Let's start again, right." She gave a respectful bow and said, "I'm Anith. Anith of Sogdamp town and this is my swinub, 'Wooly'. Would you like to scan him into your pokedex.... Oh, sorry, you haven't got yours' yet.... Um, oh, listen to me prattle on. Please, do tell me your names."
Last edited by WhatsamattaU on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:24 pm

Still smiling, both of the boys reached out their hand to accept Anith's. "My name's Marcus. Marcus Sage" They said in unison, but the one that first approached Anith retracted his hand, while the second continued to shake hers.

"I think you'll be needing these" The first Marcus said, handing the pokédex and pokéballs to the second.

"Why thank you" The second Marcus said, accepting them. "But I think the act is up, wouldn't you agree?" The next moment, the first Marcus became entirely enveloped in a purple light! Only to Anith's suspicion, the boy shrunk down in size until he was no bigger than a small fox. When the light faded, it was confirmed that he was in fact a Zorua.

"Sorry about that" The real Marcus said. "He really likes to play tricks on people, usually by making himself look like me. I can't believe I lost him while on the train, though..." The Zorua yipped with a sly grin, very proud of what he had accomplished. The new trainer looked down at his pokémon, and an idea emerged in his mind. "Oh, right! I should probably scan you. You know, because we have to, and all"

Zorua, the Tricky Fox pokémon:

It changes so it looks just like its foe, tricks it, and then uses that opportunity to flee.

Zorua is a Dark type pokémon.

He put the pokédex back into his pocket and turned back to Anith. "so you're from Sogdamp town, huh? I don't live too far away. I'm from Inver Town"
Have at you!

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:38 pm

Shark isle wrote:
Gurori wrote:

Marty let out a grunt as he fell onto the floor, obviously unconscious. Benjamin then let out a scream of terror as the garchomp started to charge towards them, while slashing at them with it's talons. Niko then let out a gasp as he heard a horrific ripping noise coming from his abdomen. He looked down and say that the garchomp had torn a hole into his lab coat. While the garchomp was busy with Niko, Benjamin tried to sneak past it, dragging along Marty, who was still unconscious.

Chomper roared as she smacked Niko through a window, she proceeded to turn around and leap at Benjamin, hitting him with Dragon Claw. This happened to send him flying through the same window along with Marty. That was when the professor walked into the room, she looked at the mess that had been made and sighed. "Well, at least I leave you on guard Chomper..." She said, petting Chomper's neck, causing her to relax. "Remind me to hire a backup secretary..."

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:41 pm

Gurori wrote:
Shark isle wrote:Marty let out a grunt as he fell onto the floor, obviously unconscious. Benjamin then let out a scream of terror as the garchomp started to charge towards them, while slashing at them with it's talons. Niko then let out a gasp as he heard a horrific ripping noise coming from his abdomen. He looked down and say that the garchomp had torn a hole into his lab coat. While the garchomp was busy with Niko, Benjamin tried to sneak past it, dragging along Marty, who was still unconscious.

Chomper roared as she smacked Niko through a window, she proceeded to turn around and leap at Benjamin, hitting him with Dragon Claw. This happened to send him flying through the same window along with Marty. That was when the professor walked into the room, she looked at the mess that had been made and sighed. "Well, at least I leave you on guard Chomper..." She said, petting Chomper's neck, causing her to relax. "Remind me to hire a backup secretary..."

The three men got off the ground and groaned in pain. Niko then said to the other two," Let's get out of here before the cops show up." Benjamin then said while clutching his head," What about the garchomp?" Marty then slapped him and said," Forget de garchomp! I am not going to back to prison!" The three men then started to run away from the lab. While running they ran past two trainers and their pokemon.
Last edited by Shark isle on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:11 pm

The professor sighed as she put down her phone, she had called the police and to her surprise, they were there rather quickly. Anybody outside the lab would see a tall man and a Herdier enter the building, they proceeded into the actual lab and approached the professor. "You must be Professor Hazel Filbert." The man said, surprising the professor who then turned around. "Yes, and you are?" The professor asked. "Holmes, Detective Sherlock Holmes." The man introduced himself. "You don't mean... THE Detective Sherlock Holmes of Lakesect city?" The professor inquired. "Of course, somebody of your status' lab being infiltrated is something that should be investigated by the best of detectives." Sherlock said, looking around the room until he noticed something in the corner of his eye, it was a piece of torn fabric. Putting a pair of disposable gloves on, Sherlock bent down and picked the fabric up and inspected it. "Herdier, get a smell of this, we may be able to track down the perpetrators with this." He put the fabric in front of Herdier's nose, the Loyal Pokémon sniffed the fabric thoroughly and barked when he got a trace of the perpetrators. "We've got something. Now, I'm going to take this as evidence to a forensics lab for further study. You're lucky that you have such a fine Pokémon to guard the lab." Sherlock said looking at Chomper. "I'll be making my leave now, cheerio." Sherlock said as both he and Herdier left.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:42 pm

Mundeo wrote:
Still smiling, both of the boys reached out their hand to accept Anith's. "My name's Marcus. Marcus Sage" They said in unison, but the one that first approached Anith retracted his hand, while the second continued to shake hers.

"I think you'll be needing these" The first Marcus said, handing the pokédex and pokéballs to the second.

"Why thank you" The second Marcus said, accepting them. "But I think the act is up, wouldn't you agree?" The next moment, the first Marcus became entirely enveloped in a purple light! Only to Anith's suspicion, the boy shrunk down in size until he was no bigger than a small fox. When the light faded, it was confirmed that he was in fact a Zorua.

"Sorry about that" The real Marcus said. "He really likes to play tricks on people, usually by making himself look like me. I can't believe I lost him while on the train, though..." The Zorua yipped with a sly grin, very proud of what he had accomplished. The new trainer looked down at his pokémon, and an idea emerged in his mind. "Oh, right! I should probably scan you. You know, because we have to, and all"

Zorua, the Tricky Fox pokémon:

It changes so it looks just like its foe, tricks it, and then uses that opportunity to flee.

Zorua is a Dark type pokémon.

He put the pokédex back into his pocket and turned back to Anith. "so you're from Sogdamp town, huh? I don't live too far away. I'm from Inver Town"

Anith smiled at Marcus and his Zorua, and said, "That's a very,very, talented Zorua. From what I've read, being able to speak human languages is an extremely rare trait."

Taking in all of the information and the fact that they both had home towns farther north than Sunbay Town, she imagined that they had enough in common and enough that was different that they might make enjoyable company.

"Of course," continued Anith, "we're so far south that the only direction from here is north. It's after Esse Town that I'm not sure which way I want to go. If I head west, to Irla, I can go to Belton and Dublio, maybe with a trip to The Regigigas Causeway. That route's appealing because then I won't have to backtrack to go to the Dublio Gym. The other choice is to turn east, toward Lakesect City and make a side trip to The Circled Stones, before turning north."

During this time, Wooly walked over and sniffed Marcus and gave a little squeal of happiness. That Wooly liked the boy made Anith's next words easier.

"Would you and Zorua like to travel with us, at least as far as Esse Town?" Anith asked. Then, "Maybe we could train and work on making entries into our pokedexes together?"
Last edited by WhatsamattaU on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:48 pm

Marcus scratched the back of his head with a grin. "He's been able to learn how to use my vocal chords, since he really likes to make himself look like me to prank people. If he were to make himself look like anyone else, I doubt he'll be able to make any words out"

Then, Anith requested that he go with her to Esse Town. There wasn't really anywhere else he could go from here, and he would rather travel alone, but one of the locations that she mentioned was a definite place of interest for him.

"Sure. We'll join you. I was thinking of going to the Circled Stones, I've just always wanted to see them. Once we reach Esse, you can continue with me there if you'd like"

Zorua yipped with excitement, and Marcus turned towards the exit of Sunbay Town without another word. "Well? Let's get going, shall we?"
Have at you!

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:57 pm

Hikari and Charmander
Sunbay Town

The young trainer was confused by the man and Herdier's entrance and exit of the lab, he had managed to scan the Herdier.

Herdier, The Loyal Pokémon

Herdier is an incredibly loyal Pokémon, it obeys it's trainer's orders and helps them raise Pokémon.

Herdier is a Normal-type Pokémon.

"Herdier, hm? A Herdier might make a good addition to my team." Hikari said to Charmander, who yipped happily.

"Almost forgot about you!" He then scanned his companion...

Charmander, The Lizard Pokémon

The flame that burns on the tip of it's tail is an indication of it's emotions. The flame wavers when Charmander is enjoying itself. If the Pokémon becomes enraged, the flame burns fiercely.

Charmander is a Fire-type Pokémon.

The two proceeded to venture into the forest.
Last edited by Gurori on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:32 pm

Mundeo wrote:
Marcus scratched the back of his head with a grin. "He's been able to learn how to use my vocal chords, since he really likes to make himself look like me to prank people. If he were to make himself look like anyone else, I doubt he'll be able to make any words out"

Then, Anith requested that he go with her to Esse Town. There wasn't really anywhere else he could go from here, and he would rather travel alone, but one of the locations that she mentioned was a definite place of interest for him.

"Sure. We'll join you. I was thinking of going to the Circled Stones, I've just always wanted to see them. Once we reach Esse, you can continue with me there if you'd like"

Zorua yipped with excitement, and Marcus turned towards the exit of Sunbay Town without another word. "Well? Let's get going, shall we?"

Pausing only long enough to return Wooly to his Heavy Ball, Anith raced after and overtook Marcus slightly before slowing down to walk beside him, on the path out of Sunbay town.

Marcus was all boy, a little calm, a little unpredictable, with boy manners. It seemed that if he was ready to move, then if you wanted to tag along you had to be ready to go. Anith had some aspirations to be able to live like that, a free spirit. Not tied to a lot of social expectations simply because she was a girl.

Well, they may be on the same route, but Anith was not in the mood to simply just follow Marcus. Once out of the village, she began looking for patches of tall grass and hoping to encounter a wild pokemon, while keeping within sight of her travelling companion.

In the second patch of tall grass, she thought she detected some movement. She put her hand on Wooly's Heavy Ball and investigated further....

Suddenly....
Last edited by WhatsamattaU on Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:19 pm

WhatsamattaU wrote:
Mundeo wrote:

Pausing only long enough to return Wooly to his Heavy Ball, Anith raced after and overtook Marcus slightly before slowing down to walk beside him, on the path out of Sunbay town.

Marcus was all boy, a little calm, a little unpredictable, with boy manners. It seemed that if he was ready to move, then if you wanted to tag along you had to be ready to go. Anith had some aspirations to be able to live like that, a free spirit. Not tied to a lot of social expectations simply because she was a girl.

Well, they may be on the same route, but Anith was not in the mood to simply just follow Marcus. Once out of the village, she began looking for patches of tall grass and hoping to encounter a wild pokemon, while keeping within sight of her travelling companion.

In the second patch of tall grass, she thought she detected some movement. She put her hand on Wooly's Heavy Ball and investigated further....

Suddenly....

(with help from Mundeo)

Out of the grass, a wild Bidoof appeared!

Marcus was making his merry way down the route when he watched Anith ran away from the path and into a patch of tall grass. To his expectation, a pokémon jumped out of the patch and onto the open road. He also noticed the look she had, and that of her pokémon, their readiness to beat that poor Bidoof to a pulp, and give it no other option but to find a new home in a pokéball. Perhaps he an Zorua can lend a hand.

When the Bidoof appeared, Anith released Wooly, her Swinub, from her Heavy Ball. Wooly materialized between Anith and the Bidoof. The two pokemon were nearly the same size, but Wooly seemed the more confident of the two. Wooly was ready to fight at the instant Anith would call for her to do so.

"I figure this is your first time capturing a pokémon, right?" He said, now at Anith's side. He spoke softly so that he doesn't frighten the Bidoof. The Bidoof carefully watched the two and their pokémon. "Well, I assume that's what you want to do. No one in their right mind would go running through tall grass to willingly. I know what you're thinking, attack the pokémon until it's weak, than go for the pokéball. Perhaps... you can befriend it, see if it wants to join you before jumping to conclusions"

Marcus arrived during the pokemon stare-down, before Anith had commenced with the battle, and gave her his opinion on how to handle the situation. She considered his words. Maybe with his Zorua, Marcus had no need for low level pokemon battles and he was fine with those pokemon that were kindly disposed to him and maybe there were lots of pokemon like that, but Anith thought that Wooly would be ill served by her if she pretended that Wooly would never have to fight.

"Nothing, personal against you, Marcus, but Wooly needs to test herself. If you think Zorua can persuade this Bidoof, that's great, but if Wooly and I are going to beat gym leaders, then I need fighters on my team. So, convey that message to Bidoof and it can either audition for the team or I'll let this one go, this time.

Hearing Anith shut down his words was slightly disheartening for Marcus, but he didn't really expect her to listen to him at all. She wanted to be a free spirit, with only herself to tell her what to do, but he just wanted to say what was on his mind. He just didn't want to see the Bidoof get hurt if it wasn't interested in battling.

"If you want to see how strong your pokémon is, you can always battle me" Marcus said, emphasizing his suggestion of her batling him. If she want to test her pokémon's might, she can do so on an actual trainer, not some random pokémon that she finds in a patch of grass. "But I digress. You want me to 'convey my message' to the Bidoof? I can try. I didn't mean to sound so harsh"

Marcus stepped forward and knelt down on one knee. At first, the Bidoof took a step back at the figure that suddenly approached it, but as Marcus reached out with a gentle hand, the beaver pokémon slowly moved forward. When it was close to him, he seemed to whisper to the pokémon, too soft for Anith to hear. When he finished speaking, the Bidoof turned to Anith and took a fighting stance. With a proud smile, Marcus then stood up.

"Lucky for you, this Bidoof wouldn't mind having a battle with you, or be on your team, if it let's itself get caught. Now, I'll leave you two alone, maybe befriend a pokémon of my own"

With a wave, Marcus left Anith and Wooly with the Bidoof, Lucky running close behind him. He continued to walk down the path until he saw the faintest sign of movement in a nearby tree.

The battle with Bidoof was a good one. Wooly had the little beaver pokemon outmatched, but Anith appreciated it’s fighting spirit. Before it fainted, she used the pokeball on it and captured it.

Meanwhile, Marcus found himself looking into the eyes of a Ledyba.
Last edited by WhatsamattaU on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:33 pm

After capturing Bidoof, Anith wanted to do right by the new pokemon, as well as do right by her Swinub, Wooly. They hadn't gotten far out from Sunbay town, so maybe a quick trip back there to the Pokecenter, for some healing from the pokemon healing machine, and then to the Pokemart, for some first aid supplies was in order?

Anith had become so excited about catching her first pokemon that her practical planning for the pokemon journey had been forgotten. She gave herself a face-palm for her own foolishness.

Marcus might not be willing to turn back so soon, but Anith figured that if she wanted to be a great trainer (and later a Professor) that she would have to risk Marcus heading off without her.

Anith looked about and saw Marcus looking up into a tree. She approached him with as much silence as she could muster. When she was about two meters away, she softly asked, "Marcus, what's in the tree?"
Last edited by WhatsamattaU on Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse