NATION

PASSWORD

Dark Winter of 1812 OOC Sign Ups OPEN

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Zarzadon
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Dark Winter of 1812 OOC Sign Ups OPEN

Postby Zarzadon » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:53 pm

"We must not lose any land to that French Tyrant! If we lose, not only will Russia lose it's sovereignty, all of Europe will too." These are the words of Tsar, Alexander I in the late June of 1812. Only a few hours earlier he had been informed that his nation was being invaded by the French and their self proclaimed emperor, Napoleon Bonaparte, and now he was planing the Russian counter attack with his advisers.
"Are you mad?" Said one of his advisers. All eyes turned to him.
"Excuse me for my sudden outcry but, their army is, more than likely, far larger than our own! There is no possible way we could win against their army like this. I propose we retreat east while using the Scorched Earth tactic. Deprive them of food and supplies. Then they'll have no choice but to turn back."
"No! We shall never!' Declared the Tsar, "We must stop them now. We must not let them advance any further. We will not lose any more land to those french and that damn Napoleon!"
And with that the adviser's plan was shot down. and what followed were several battles across western Russia. At first they were large and deadly, both sides taking sizable casualties. Some were even loses for french generals, but none for Napoleon. As they continued, and as the Tsar became more desperate, the armies sent were weaker and weaker, leading to quicker and more humiliating defeats with victories for Napoleon and his generals with almost no, if any, french casualties. The early and unexpected arrival of winter had slowed down Napoleon and his army, but the constant victories kept moral and loyalty high.
On October 19, 1812, a small and weak last stand by the Russians, just outside of Moscow, fell and not even an hour later Napoleon and his army marched into Moscow as victors. The Tsar officially surrendered, and negotiation were held on October 20th. The Treaty of Moscow was Signed, Which forced Russia to stay a part of the continental system, be an ally to France, and do what ever Napoleon demanded of them for at least 10 years.
Napoleon left Moscow the next day planing on returning to Paris. Only a few hours into the trip he realized he had to turn back. The Russian winter had set in. and there was no way he and his army would be able to return until spring.

This is the Sign up thread for the Dark Winter RP thread. I hope this will be able to extend into most of the 19th century. I will post the IC once everything is ready.

RULES:
Current Speed in one day real time is 1 month IC. This can change depending on how much or how little is happening.
No Godmoding
Be Realistic
No just declaring you won battles with out doing them (unless its against an unclaimed nation)
No made up nations, only real ones
Realistic tech for the time period
Events that are happening are still in effect. Example, the Spanish Colonies are in revolt and will most likely gain independence soon.
No one sentence IC posts. You don't have to have super long overly detailed posts but they should have substance.
Rules can be added if needed

CURRENT DATE
September 1st 1812

CURRENT WARS
-War of 1812-
Combatants
United States of America
United Kingdom

CLAIMED NATIONS
Zarzadon - First French Empire (and it's puppets, Italy, Naples, Confed. of Rhine, Warsaw, Switzerland, *Spain)
Vogega - United States of America

RESERVED NATIONS

NATIONS WE NEED BEFORE STARTING:
United Kingdom
Russia
Austrian Empire
Prussia
Ottoman Empire
at least one nation trying to gain independence in the Spanish colonies (preferably Mexico)

You can also claim nations not on the list as long as they existed in this time or a nation attempting to gain independence, such as the Spanish colonies.

MAP: http://i.imgur.com/pu7rM6O.png
Feel free to correct me on anything if I got something inaccurate
KEYS:
white = unclaimed/unpopulated
red border outlines the confederation of the Rhine
key for Europe: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... map_en.png
key for Confed. of Rhine: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 2namen.png
key for Africa (roughly): https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 0-1913.png
key for west Asia (roughly)(ignore middle east and africa): http://i.imgur.com/h9J8ctp.jpg
key for south east Asia (roughly) http://www.victoria2wiki.com/images/thu ... enshot.jpg
other regions of the world are pretty obvious so I don't have keys for them

APPLICATION:
NS Nation Name:
Claimed Nation:
Leader:
Population:
Army Size:
Army Equipment:
Issues/Current Events (These have to be real and include bad things as well):
Claimed Territory (only for rebels):

MY APPLICATION:
NS Nation Name: Zarzadon
Claimed Nation: First French Empire
Leader: Emperor, Napoleon Bonaparte
Population: 44,000,000
Army Size: 533,000
Army Equipment:
12-pdr and 8-pdr cannons
Musket Model 1777 Charleville
.69 pistol
swords, bayonets, and pikes
Issues/Current Events (These have to be real and include bad things aswell): Victory in Russia, The Continental System, undefeated, bringer of the revolution
Claimed Territory (only for rebels): NA
Last edited by Zarzadon on Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
i need to update this

Vogega
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Vogega » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:34 pm

NS Nation Name: Vogega
Claimed Nation: USA
Population: 7,239,881
Army Size: 285,000
Army Equipment: Springfield Musket, Sabres, Land pistol, Mortar, 6,9,12 pound cannon
Issues/Current Events: Southern Economic boom, War of 1812
Psi Levels
1-few, weak powers
2-many weak powers
3-many average/weak powers
4-few strong/lots of average/weak powers
5-may strong/lots of average/weak powers
6-god-like power/lots of strong/weak/average powers

Weapons
Plasma-burns holes in stuff
Ion-causes objects to explode/strips shields
Gauss-strips at a molecular level
Kinetic-guns
Laser-low lethality, accurate

Ship Sizes
Organized smallest to largest with smallest at the top.
Drone
Fighter
Bomber
Assault Craft
Corvette
Frigate
Destroyer
Cruiser
Battlecruiser
Battleship
Dreadnought

Zarzadon
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zarzadon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:00 pm

Vogega wrote:NS Nation Name: Vogega
Claimed Nation: USA
Population: 7,239,881
Army Size: 285,000
Army Equipment: Springfield Musket, Sabres, Land pistol, Mortar, 6,9,12 pound cannon
Issues/Current Events: Southern Economic boom, War of 1812

Accepted
Last edited by Zarzadon on Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i need to update this

Return to Portal to the Multiverse