NATION

PASSWORD

The Centrist Alliance (COMMONWEALTH FED ONLY)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Eastern Washingtonia
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Centrist Alliance (COMMONWEALTH FED ONLY)

Postby Eastern Washingtonia » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:41 am

Founded July 10, 2016, the Centrist Alliance is currently the second oldest political party within the Commonwealth Federation. It is also known as the Centrist Party, or simply abbreviated as the letter C.

What We Stand For:

The Centrist Alliance is a prospective political party in the Commonwealth Federation which adheres to the philosophies of political centrism, economic protectionism, national liberalism, communitarianism, and constitutionalism. Party members believe that the best approach to policy making is through moderation, to ensure that social and political changes are brought about in a manner that coexists with and strengthens traditional institutions found within local communities and sovereign states. As such members of the Centrist Alliance are not opposed to political change, but always advise restraint and care when considering legislation that could drastically undermine states by abruptly changing the social values and institutions they are built upon. Likewise, the party does not advocate for extremely limited government, or for pervasively powerful government, but favors medium sized, constitutionally constructed governments which work with individuals and communities to develop legislation responsive to the people's needs. As such, the party also recognizes the necessity of protectionist trade policies in order to protect those same communities and individuals from outside forces and unfair competition that seek to reduce wages or send skilled jobs to competing nations.

While not subscribing exclusively to the ideas of civil libertarianism or authoritarianism, members of the Centrist Alliance also believe that individual member states all should have the sovereign ability to form laws and maintain civil liberties that are consistent with the needs and traditions of their populations. Recognizing that each state and the people therein are fundamentally different, the Centrist Alliance maintains that each nation should receive unto itself the right to govern its people as it sees fit, so long as excessive force, genocide or extreme discrimination is not used to undermine the rights of citizens and their respective communities. When such repressive force is used, the Centrist Alliance upholds the right for nations to intervene as they see fit in order to protect the lives and liberties of the citizens of the world.

We the undersigned do hereby stand by these principles, and declare ourselves members of the Centrist Alliance:

The Populist Kingdom of Eastern Washington (Founder)
The Republic of Seamys (Founding Member)
The Republic of Scotlandi (Founding Member)

This message board shall henceforth stand as the official discussion place for member's of the Centrist Alliance, and for nations seeking membership within it.
Last edited by Eastern Washingtonia on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
From the Office of His Majesty King Rudolf II of the Populist Kingdom of Eastern Washingtonia
"Amongst grass and grain, righteousness takes root."

Eastern Washingtonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Washingtonia » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:44 am

Welcome founding members of the Centrist Alliance! Please you this space as you see fit for discussions regarding politics, the region, and any other discussions you would like to have!
From the Office of His Majesty King Rudolf II of the Populist Kingdom of Eastern Washingtonia

Scotlandi
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Scotlandi » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Sweet

Seamys
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Seamys » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:02 am

Is the party backing Gabgaba River and Southern Egypt for President?

Eastern Washingtonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Washingtonia » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:20 pm

I will be running in the VP slot on the ticket with the Nation of Gabgaba River and Southern Egypt. Although it isn't required that you support him, I highly recommend it, since this ticket will give our party the best chance at influencing regional politics early on. I do think we should stand behind you (Seamys) fully in your run for Magister Curiae since you are a pledged member of the party. I hereby offer my full support in your run for that office.
Last edited by Eastern Washingtonia on Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seamys
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Seamys » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:05 am

Eastern Washingtonia wrote:I will be running in the VP slot on the ticket with the Nation of Gabgaba River and Southern Egypt. Although it isn't required that you support him, I highly recommend it, since this ticket will give our party the best chance at influencing regional politics early on. I do think we should stand behind you (Seamys) fully in your run for Magister Curiae since you are a pledged member of the party. I hereby offer my full support in your run for that office.

Thank you!

With any luck this part will be able to hold significant power early on.

Eastern Washingtonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Washingtonia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:15 pm

I hope so! Or at least have some influence on the regional government. Seems like everything is being done fairly unilaterally at the moment. I'd prefer to see a lot more opinions being represented within the regional government.

Eastern Washingtonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Washingtonia » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:13 pm

Since the two of you have elected to join me as founding members in this political party, do you have any planks that you would like to see added to the platform, or any issues with the current platform that you would like to see remedied?

Scotlandi
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Scotlandi » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:34 pm

Nope, what is there is good

Eastern Washingtonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Washingtonia » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:08 pm

The time has come for us to determine our senatorial representation as well. I propose that we have the three current party members alternate between serving terms as the senate delegate from the party. Does this sound agreeable? And who would we like as the first senator?

Seamys
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Seamys » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:28 am

Eastern Washingtonia wrote:The time has come for us to determine our senatorial representation as well. I propose that we have the three current party members alternate between serving terms as the senate delegate from the party. Does this sound agreeable? And who would we like as the first senator?

Since I am already Magister Curiae, I don't think I should be our senator. I'd be happy for you to take that position if you so wish.

Eastern Washingtonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Washingtonia » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:26 pm

Gladly. Then after my first term the position shall pass to Scotlandi, then so on and so forth until we have more members!

Seamys
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Seamys » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:11 am

Eastern Washingtonia wrote:Gladly. Then after my first term the position shall pass to Scotlandi, then so on and so forth until we have more members!

That does seem the fairest way to do things

Scotlandi
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Scotlandi » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:01 am

Eastern Washingtonia wrote:Gladly. Then after my first term the position shall pass to Scotlandi, then so on and so forth until we have more members!

Sounds good. What does the senete position holder do?

Eastern Washingtonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Washingtonia » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:59 pm

The senator will be the representative of our party in the region's senate, and will further the party's interests and platform by proposing/voting on regional legislation.

Gakure
Civilian

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gakure » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:25 pm

Only one senator is allowed from the party ?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information