NATION

PASSWORD

Nation Name Changes

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Railys
Lobbyist

Founded: May 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Nation Name Changes

Postby Railys » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:53 am

Why isn't this a feature?
World Assembly and Forum account for Johanness (Joined NS on March 19 2015 on Asceria)
--------------------
Capitalist, Christian Democrat, Centre-Right, anything on the Right Wing. Don't confuse with left-wing or this happens.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:56 am

Please read over the FAQ before posting.

Hobbesistan wrote:CUSTOMIZABLE FEATURES
Can Mods change my nation name?
No, they cannot.
[violet] wrote:The game code uses a nation's name as its ID, an unfortunate design decision that we are stuck with. Renaming a nation would break all references to it in regions, player Dossiers, the WA, etc.

As such, if you have a typo in your nation name, you have 2 (obvious) options:
(1) Create a new nation *without* the typo to use instead.
(2) Roleplay the nation name as what you want it to be. (This selection is really your only choice if the name you want has been taken by another nation.)

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:58 am

Because of the way the site was built. Every reference to a given nation in the game code uses the nation's name rather than some internal ID number. The site was not initially built for the amount of users it has now, so some shortcuts like this were taken. Changing a nation's name breaks every single reference to it in the entire game, which means a big headache for admins. Therefore, the most they will do is changing your nation's capitalization. You can always found a new nation with a new name.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Return to Technical