NATION

PASSWORD

[r] flaming in the General election

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

[r] flaming in the General election

Postby Neutraligon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Yorkers wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:
I have absolutely no interest in your sexual history.

scro'
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Yorkers
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yorkers » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:35 pm

That's not a flame. It literally means "bro"
"Providence has been pleased to give this one connected country to one united people, a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs."
-John Jay, 1787

Dancing in the moonlight.
I wish that every kiss was never-ending.

An alternate history epic.

sa-wish!

Yorkers is a wealthy WASP playground inspired by L.L. Bean and Vineyard Vines catalogs and 19th Century Anglo-American nativism.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:57 pm

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Scro

1) A bro from the future, where all people are retarded and fuddruckers will be named buttfuckers.
2) A shady bro. A bro is a friend. A shady bro would be a friend that you don't really trust.
3) Informal greeting of an acquaintance or stranger with a slight indication of condescension.
4) Slang for scrotum; used as a term of friendship between male friends
5) A very hip version of bro or dude, mostly used in conjunction with long haired, well bearded twenty somethings that are slowly squandering their youth on drugs and partying.
6) A derogatory term for someone, implying that they are like a scrotum.

5/6 are derogatory.
Just A Little though

Yorkers
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yorkers » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:04 pm

Neutraligon wrote:http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Scro

1) A bro from the future, where all people are retarded and fuddruckers will be named buttfuckers.
2) A shady bro. A bro is a friend. A shady bro would be a friend that you don't really trust.
3) Informal greeting of an acquaintance or stranger with a slight indication of condescension.
4) Slang for scrotum; used as a term of friendship between male friends
5) A very hip version of bro or dude, mostly used in conjunction with long haired, well bearded twenty somethings that are slowly squandering their youth on drugs and partying.
6) A derogatory term for someone, implying that they are like a scrotum.

5/6 are derogatory.

You really got to stretch for that one? Also, I've never heard of any of these definitions, and I'm willing to be that neither have you until you just googled them, so it's kind of weird you'd find this to be rule-breaking (I hadn't even considered it until I saw you posted it). It means "bro", and I don't really get where "scrotum" comes from, I've never heard it used in that sense. The fact that you don't even know which definition is the correct one or the one I'm using makes your case flimsy. Seems like you're looking to be offended, but have no idea why.

Anyways, the word "scro" comes from this scene in a movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EZ9Vgsp3OE

Get cultured, people.
"Providence has been pleased to give this one connected country to one united people, a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs."
-John Jay, 1787

sa-wish!

Yorkers is a wealthy WASP playground inspired by L.L. Bean and Vineyard Vines catalogs and 19th Century Anglo-American nativism.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:07 pm

Yorkers wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Scro

5/6 are derogatory.

You really got to stretch for that one? Also, I've never heard of any of these definitions, and I'm willing to be that neither have you until you just googled them, so it's kind of weird you'd find this to be rule-breaking (I hadn't even considered it until I saw you posted it). It means "bro", and I don't really get where "scrotum" comes from, I've never heard it used in that sense. The fact that you don't even know which definition is the correct one or the one I'm using makes your case flimsy. Seems like you're looking to be offended, but have no idea why.

Get cultured, people.

Indeed I had to look up scro, although considering the context I had some idea as to meaning. I posted all the definitions I found, if you note many of them include bro. It was not that I had no idea "which definition applied" It is that most of the definition are condescending or derogatory.
Just A Little though

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:12 pm

Yorkers wrote:That's not a flame. It literally means "bro"

Given the fact that you have a clean record, I'm going to let this slide, but I'd advise you to not use that word again.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:14 pm

Thanks.
Just A Little though

Yorkers
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yorkers » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:22 pm

Euroslavia wrote:
Yorkers wrote:That's not a flame. It literally means "bro"

Given the fact that you have a clean record, I'm going to let this slide, but I'd advise you to not use that word again.
Neutraligon wrote:
Yorkers wrote:

Get cultured, people.

Indeed I had to look up scro, although considering the context I had some idea as to meaning. I posted all the definitions I found, if you note many of them include bro. It was not that I had no idea "which definition applied" It is that most of the definition are condescending or derogatory.

fair enough

im sorry
-John Jay, 1787

sa-wish!

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:25 pm

Yorkers wrote:
Euroslavia wrote:Given the fact that you have a clean record, I'm going to let this slide, but I'd advise you to not use that word again.
Neutraligon wrote:

fair enough

im sorry

No problem. I had wondered despite the definitions I found if the word was somewhat like nigger, ok when use in group.
Just A Little though

Yorkers
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yorkers » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:36 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Yorkers wrote:
fair enough

im sorry

No problem. I had wondered despite the definitions I found if the word was somewhat like nigger, ok when use in group.

I call my friends scro all the time, so I thought it was acceptable lol :P
-John Jay, 1787

sa-wish!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation