NATION

PASSWORD

Aggathis, a Fantasy Medieval Roleplay|Dead

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Aggathis, a Fantasy Medieval Roleplay|Dead

Postby Albertae » Sun May 22, 2016 5:42 pm

In the year 623, the Essagar Empire is torn into several pieces by warmongerers, corruption, fear, and pride. The two main instigators are a king from the Essagar Empire and a half-brother from the Praegadin Kingdom. There was no longer an Imperial Law. Kings secede from the Empire, vassals bicker and fight among one another for each other's land. The emperor has no power now that his 'loyal' kings have left him each on his own journey to carve a new path in the world of Aggathis. The world of Aggathis is at odds. The once strong and powerful human empire now lies in a dark shroud of inability and dearth of leadership.

Now 5 kingdoms and one weak emperor lie in what use to be the Essagar Empire, Ekkoru, Eoxaguth, Braeligus, Ialliron and Sleoteca. Which king will be the victor? Or will no king be the victor, but the delvilish Elven King. That is for you to decide.

This is my first try at making a roleplay so I'll do my best. Currently this is a bare bones idea without much of anything other than what is up there. ^ I would love help building on this idea and any ideas would be greatly appreciated. All kingdoms listed above are playable. It will be up to you the roleplayer to flesh out each kingdom and their uniqueness. You can play as a king, duke, count and lordas long as they are available in the kingdom or land you seek to be apart of. You may also play as a knight, mercenary, whatever fits your fancy. Please do keep in mind this is a fantasy medieval roleplay.

IC:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=379136

Main Categories will be marked with bold. Sub-categories will be marked with underlines.
Race:
Humans- The humans originated in the Plains of Harmony and Serenity. Here they hunted and built their first tools and weapons.. However, harmony can never last so long. To the west, lay the elves. All of them. The first generations of elves. War broke out between the humans and the elves. At first the advantage laid in the humans favor, but then the elves stated learning to camouflage themselves within their forests. They were deadly accurate with the bow, and the humans were soon forced to retreat to safer lands. Away from the fabled Plains of Harmony and Serenity.
Elves- The elves originated in the Plains of Harmony and Serenity much like the humans, but they were fabled to have received a message from a godlike figure in their dreams telling them to drive the humans away. War and battle broke out. The humans had the advantage at first, however the chieftain of the elven people prayed to this figure to ask of his/her help. He/she appeared once more and taught them the ways of camouflage and the bow. The elves were deadly at ranged combat. They soared over the humans in technology in the first decades of Aggathis racial life.
Wood Elf-
Light Elf-
Dark Elf-
Dwarves- Dwarves are one of the Elder Races. Stocky and bearded, with strongly built bodies and low voices, they are distinguished for their height, which is lower than human. Of simple and direct manners, they are sometimes seen as grumpy, unkind and greedy. I have to stress that my own opinion of the dwarfs is by no means similar to the latter part. I only cite it here to present the views of other people - even if they are dull-minded, hate-blinded buffoons. Mahakam is the dwarves' mountainous homeland, famed for it's numerous mines where precious stones and ores are mined. Many dwarves also live in human cities, for that race usually adapts to new neighbors easily, something that cannot be, unfortunately, said about a large part of humanity. Despite vexations, persecution, and even bloody pogroms, the coexistence with dwarves goes a lot better than with elves. Their flair for trade and craft makes them excellent merchants, bankers, smiths and armorers. During the Imperial civil war, dwarves made a name for themselves as mercenaries.
Orcs- The Òrćsàmer (or Orks) are a proud and aggressive race, hailing from the Mountains and Valleys of Krúgmàr, which translates to "Home" from the Orkish language. The Òrćsàmer were not always aggresive, they were once a peaceful people that formed one nation in their own homelands. Peace and prosperity reigned in the old kingdom of the Òrćsàmer called Gröth-Hàg (Unity) which they called Śāmāqwà (Silver Age).

As decades became centuries and the population rose, they seeked new homelands, which was later known as the Ëska łò Òrć (Venture of the Orcs. They later found the home of Dwarfs and Goblins, where the relationship between them was Mâßtër (Master) and Ślavò (Slave), respectively. At first, the Dwarfs were suspicious towards the Orks, but later agreed to a non-aggression pact along with a map dividing the territory between them.

The Śāmāqwà was not to be forever, unfortunately, as the Dwarfs later saw the Orks as rivals. They forced the Goblins to mine and gather resources for
them as they built armor and weapons and devices that were meant to annihilate the Orks, but a group of goblins escaped captivity and told the Orks of what the Dwarfs were doing. At first they dis not believed them and meant to return them to their Mâßtër, but the first casualties came when a catapult shot smashed through the city of Gröth-Hàg.

As soon as they heard a loud commotion outside, the Čœm wó Ēldàrs (Council of Elders) ordered an immdiate evacuation of all civilians and important artifacts in the city. Wall after wall came down and soon the army of the Dwarfs poured in and started to slaughter the garrison and civilians. This was later known as Ńoûght øs Ślautúr (Night of Slaughter).

The remaining survivors went back to their original homelands of Krúgmàr, where they fought amongst themselves and the generations that follows until now. Until a true leader is shown, the Orks will never have their vengeance against the Dwarfs and anybody willing to stand in their way.
Valley Orcs- These Òrćsàmer have lived here in the valleys of Krúgmàr since the beginning or are returnees from the death in the dwarven lands.

Map:
http://imgur.com/yUiZUWY

Almost all magic will be of healing basis. will be based on Arcane Ability.
1-10
Ability to heal tiny cuts.
10-20
Ability to heal sprains and bruises.
20-30
Ability to heal broken bones.
30-40
Ability to heal large broken bones.
40-50
Ability to heal small stab wounds. Only wizards on this level of magic may conjure fireballs and create obstacles for enemies.
50-60
Ability to heal large stab wounds, to attempt to reattach limbs and attempt to heal pierced organs.
No man or thing has ever been more powerful than this or able to possess magical abilities other than that of the arts of healing.

Rules:
1.My word is law.
2.My Co-OPs are my representatives when I am not here and have my power.
3.No godmodding please.
4.No flaming in OOC please, everyone wants to have a good time take it to personal messaging of sorts.
5.Be reasonable in all of your posts.
6.Minimum of one good paragraph.
7.Please use grammar to the best of your ability so others can understand you more clearly.
8.I do not allow this roleplay to be reopened without my permission.
9.Have fun.

Roster:
Emperor of the Essagar Empire- Interest by United Seasonal Osnillian District
King of Ekkoru- Albertae, House Parthesesus, Wise-King Ekkorus IIII "The Wise" Partheseus
King of Eoxaguth- Keshokif, House Dajkēni, Sand-King Rorin VII Dajkēni
King of Braeligus- Curprum, House Frölichberg, Lion-King Lëon XXI von Frölichberg
King of Ialliron- Cainesland, Odu-Bathax Clan, King Chaor Odu-Bathax
King of Sleoteca- Crimoria, House Darkris, King Vadker Darkris the Vile
King of Praegadin- Azmodeus, Clan Shadowfell, King Adrian Shadowfell
Prince of Ekkoru- Albertae, House Partheseus, Prince Aimery "The Quick" Partheseus
Keshokif, House Wermodi, Duke Sansar III Wermodi
The Unted Equestrian Front, Nadhorchon
Avriare Shadowfell, Azmodeus
Albert Molis, Vulkata
Forsworn Knights:
Orik 'The Commander'
Orgella 'The Ferocious
Armand 'The Slayer'
Alrugg 'The Basher'
Balron 'The Swift'
Requias, Imperial Ouroboros
One ducal application per person.

Titles in order:
Human titles:
Emperor- 10,000 soldiers. For each king an emperor controls he gains an extra 25,000 soldiers.
King- 12,500 soldiers.
Prince- 1,000-2,500 soldiers The son of a king, has his own personal retinue from the king's army, but holds a higher noble rank than Duke and below.
Duke- 5,000-10,000 soldiers.
Margrave- 2,500-5,000 soldiers.
Count- 500-1500 soldiers.
Knight- 1-50 soldiers.
Elven titles:
King- 12,500 soldiers.
Greatlord- 5,000-10,000 soldiers.
Highlord- 2,500-5,000 soldiers.
Lord- 1,000-2,500 soldiers.
Landgrave- 500-1,000 soldiers.
Baron- 100-500 soldiers.
Ranger- 1-50 soldiers. This is the equivalent to a human knight.
Please delete everything in parentheses AFTER reading them.
Character Application
Name:
Alignment:
Family:
Important Ancestors:
Biography:
Weapons:(Please keep it to a reasonable amount. This also applies to Armor&Equipment)
Armor:
Equipment:
Money: (Keep it reasonable. Reflect it off your character.)
Allegiance:

Skill Points: 75 points applicable to all categories, base points vested may be deducted and added to other categories.

Strength(5)
Durability(5)
Endurance(5)
Speed(5)
Coordination(5)
Agility(5)
Arcane Ability(2)

Noble House Application
Current Lord of the Noble House
Current Members of the Noble House:
Heir to the Noble House:
Important Ancestors:
Lands the Noble House owns:
Professional Troops:
Amount of Troops ABLE to be levied:
Allegiance/Fealty:
Sigil/Banner:
History of the House:

-Make a map *
-Make a race sheet *
-Make a character app *
-Make a house app *
-Magic Sheet *
-Roster *
-Make a rule list *
Last edited by Albertae on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:44 pm, edited 38 times in total.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Vulkata
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkata » Sun May 22, 2016 7:09 pm

Tag
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
-George Patton

He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.
-Adolf Hitler

Part of the American dream is to live long and die young. Only those Americans who are willing to die for their country are fit to live.
-General MacArthur

The Orzone
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orzone » Sun May 22, 2016 7:12 pm

Tag

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun May 22, 2016 7:14 pm

I will be working furiously on the to do list to make this the greatest possible experience for all of you. If you have any ideas just spout them out to me, we can modify or just add them in and that will be that! Thank you for your support!
My Political Compass:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Vulkata
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkata » Sun May 22, 2016 7:15 pm

Think we should use the map of middle earth?
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
-George Patton

-Adolf Hitler

Part of the American dream is to live long and die young. Only those Americans who are willing to die for their country are fit to live.
-General MacArthur

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun May 22, 2016 7:17 pm

Vulkata wrote:Think we should use the map of middle earth?

Well, I'm not really sure yet. If we are lucky I'll have some time to make a map, color it, etc. If we are even luckier I may stumble upon a cartographer or someone who has the means to do so. Right now I'm working on the applications. Should I add anything else?
My Political Compass:

Vulkata
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkata » Sun May 22, 2016 7:19 pm

Maybe a proper plot? Don't get me wrong i can already see what you're trying to do here but how about something much more clearer?

P.S I'm no cartographer but i know a guy who is the cartographer for my region but i would just use MS paint to make a country, the cartographer uses the Eurasia map too but i don't check
-George Patton

-Adolf Hitler

-General MacArthur

Grand Adruvain
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Adruvain » Sun May 22, 2016 7:23 pm

Tag
The former New American commonwealth
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♔The sun has yet to set on Adruvain♔
That feel when you make a dreadnought based off the Yamato and Adruvain still has one twice the size #AdruviaRuleTheWaves - Equalsun Empire

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun May 22, 2016 7:24 pm

Vulkata wrote:Maybe a proper plot? Don't get me wrong i can already see what you're trying to do here but how about something much more clearer?

P.S I'm no cartographer but i know a guy who is the cartographer for my region but i would just use MS paint to make a country, the cartographer uses the Eurasia map too but i don't check

That would be perfectly fine. I was thinking that the six kingdoms that split from the Essagar Empire are similar to a certain people in Europe or Eurasia such as the Vikings or Chinese. Also, I'm not going to put a limit on how weapons or what kind of armor someone can use, however what would you say to a Skill point system that influences things your character can do or is proficient in like, strength makes you more durable to carrying heavier amounts of weight.
My Political Compass:

Vulkata
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkata » Sun May 22, 2016 7:25 pm

Albertae wrote:
Vulkata wrote:Maybe a proper plot? Don't get me wrong i can already see what you're trying to do here but how about something much more clearer?

That would be perfectly fine. I was thinking that the six kingdoms that split from the Essagar Empire are similar to a certain people in Europe or Eurasia such as the Vikings or Chinese. Also, I'm not going to put a limit on how weapons or what kind of armor someone can use, however what would you say to a Skill point system that influences things your character can do or is proficient in like, strength makes you more durable to carrying heavier amounts of weight.

I literally just made this after what i said
It's not great really i just picked up a pencil and just drew some random lines and filled it in
Last edited by Vulkata on Sun May 22, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-George Patton

-Adolf Hitler

-General MacArthur

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun May 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Vulkata wrote:
Albertae wrote:

I literally just made this after what i said
It's not great really i just picked up a pencil and just drew some random lines and filled it in

That's actually what I was thinking. I'm being very serious with you.
Last edited by Albertae on Sun May 22, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

Crimoria
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Crimoria » Sun May 22, 2016 7:28 pm

Tag
(List of things I'm against)
Calling people stupid/judging someone without knowing them/Judging a country without having lived there/racism/sexism/ judging someone just because they don't follow a religon/Putin

(Things I love)
Starwars/Australia/Equality/Canada/Germany/Netherlands/Thailand/Fallout/orange/ burritos/environment/apocalypse RPs/reptiles/Roleplays/pokemon
Quote: " Why waste your life working for money when it's really working for something that will not remember you"

Note: Fallout 4!!!!!

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun May 22, 2016 7:33 pm

Hey guys, should we have magic in this roleplay?
My Political Compass:

Crimoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Crimoria » Sun May 22, 2016 7:34 pm

Albertae wrote:Hey guys, should we have magic in this roleplay?

Noooo!
Calling people stupid/judging someone without knowing them/Judging a country without having lived there/racism/sexism/ judging someone just because they don't follow a religon/Putin

(Things I love)
Starwars/Australia/Equality/Canada/Germany/Netherlands/Thailand/Fallout/orange/ burritos/environment/apocalypse RPs/reptiles/Roleplays/pokemon
Quote: " Why waste your life working for money when it's really working for something that will not remember you"

The Orzone
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orzone » Sun May 22, 2016 7:39 pm

Crimoria wrote:

Noooo!

Why? Too OP?

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun May 22, 2016 7:39 pm

Crimoria wrote:

Noooo!

If we do, I can try to make it minor. I just need a say from you guys so I can put in Arcane Ability or not for one of the skills.
My Political Compass:

Crimoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Crimoria » Sun May 22, 2016 7:40 pm

Please no magic. Even minor is too op.

(Things I love)

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun May 22, 2016 7:41 pm

Crimoria wrote:Please no magic. Even minor is too op.

Ok, will do.
My Political Compass:

Grand Adruvain
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Adruvain » Sun May 22, 2016 7:41 pm

Albertae wrote:
Crimoria wrote:Noooo!

If we do, I can try to make it minor. I just need a say from you guys so I can put in Arcane Ability or not for one of the skills.

Weak magic sounds good in my opinion.
The former New American commonwealth
♔The sun has yet to set on Adruvain♔
That feel when you make a dreadnought based off the Yamato and Adruvain still has one twice the size #AdruviaRuleTheWaves - Equalsun Empire

The Orzone
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orzone » Sun May 22, 2016 7:42 pm

Albertae wrote:
Crimoria wrote:Noooo!

Somehow this RP feels like it doesn't need a whole lot of magic, maybe enchantments and such but not full-on fireballs and lightning bolts, so maybe minor only

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun May 22, 2016 7:46 pm

Grand Adruvain wrote:
Albertae wrote:

Weak magic sounds good in my opinion.

Well, if you can change his mind I will add it. I want to satisfy everyone as best possible.
My Political Compass:

Crimoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Crimoria » Sun May 22, 2016 7:48 pm

I would accept healing magic at most.

(Things I love)

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun May 22, 2016 7:49 pm

Crimoria wrote:I would accept healing magic at most.

Then it is settled! I will add arcane ability, however it will be in steps of healing ability not exceeding a certain point as to go to even the point of being able to cure near death events.
My Political Compass:

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Sun May 22, 2016 8:05 pm

This for the map?

Current Lord of the Noble House: Lion King Leön XXI von Frölichberg
Coat of Arms:

Current Members of the Noble House: Heir to the Noble House: Lion Prince Leön von Frölichberg
Important Ancestors: Warlord Leön I von Frölichberg from the Oborites and Saint Claudel.
Lands the Noble House owns:

Professional Troops: 1,000 household guards
Amount of Troops ABLE to be levied: 8,000 men and 4,500 horses
Allegiance/Fealty: Independent
History of the House: The family is ancient, existing since the dawn of days when they were petty-kings of the Oborites. The House built four successive wooden beacon towers atop the fortress. The legendary Warlord Leön I von Frölichberg is said to have commissioned to built a tower entirely of stone founding a citadel. The Warlords raised strong walls and higher towers to keep any further invaders out. Their land was not brought into the Empire by conquest, but by marriage, Duke Leön VI the Sea Lion wed the daughter of the Emperor, while the Emperor put aside his own wives to marry Leön's daughter. Protected by the might of the Empire, the former Dukes turned their eyes to trade and commerce and grew with every generation to become one of the richest and most powerful noble families. Now they take a chance to break free and get a profit from the chaotic situation.

Character Application
Name: Leön XXI von Frölichberg, Lion King of Braeligus
Race: Half-Human, Half-Elf.
Alignment: Chaotic Ambitious.
Family: Above
Important Ancestors: Warlord Leön I von Frölichberg from the Oborites and Saint Claudel.
Biography: Leön was the firstborn son and heir of Duke Leön XX and an elf priestess who was raped by her father in his youth. He had a younger brother, Pierre, and three younger sisters. His father passed away when Leön was only fourteen and he was crowned Duke due to his merits in his youth, though at times he would be called the "Boy Duke". Leön kept his uncle Anselm as his regent, as his uncle had held the position for his father as well. He married his current wife after he dishonored her during a tourney.
Weapons: A damascus steel longsword called Whitefang.
Armor:

Equipment: All his domains have to offer.
Allegiance: Independent

Strength (15)
Durability (12)
Endurance (12)
Speed (12)
Coordination (12)
Agility (12)
Arcane (32)
Last edited by Cuprum on Mon May 23, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun May 22, 2016 8:12 pm

Cuprum wrote:This for the map?

Character Application
Name: Duke Leön XXI von Frölichberg
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.
Family:
Biography:
Weapons: A damascus steel longsword called Whitefang.
Armor:
Equipment: All his domains have to offer.
Allegiance: The empire for now.

I use 30 points because i'm bad with maths.

Strength (8)
Durability (6)
Endurance (6)
Speed (4)
Coordination (3)
Agility (3)

It could work. Maybe that center landmass is controlled by the Elves and the diamond landmass around it is human land with the four corners being Orc, Goblins, and other assortments of races. As for your skill points I highly advise you use all 75 points. Just use a calculator whatever you need. And your allegiance, the empire is currently only the emperor and he's very weak with little military. Also, your guy is a Duke right? Please list his land. What he owns. And we will integrate everything into a chosen map.
Last edited by Albertae on Sun May 22, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Political Compass:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse