NATION

PASSWORD

Tropical Paradise (Narvolk Only)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Tropical Paradise (Narvolk Only)

Postby NeuPolska » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:23 pm

Tropical Paradise

It's finally summer, time to unwind and relax. College students have time off after a grueling year, and the hard-working adults are sick of their jobs and ready to use their needed vacation days. Our story focuses on a group of Europeans, who by coincidence arrive in the beautiful Caribbean at around the same time. The drinks are always chilled, the hotels are the among the top-ranked hotels in the world, and the weather is always scenic. Hop in, the water's fine.

OOC:
This RP is very simple and straight-forward, and heavily character-driven.

-Don't take control of others' characters (NPCs such as bartenders or room service are fine to use as you see fit, but keep it reasonable)
-Try to keep things PG-13 (telegram me if you're wondering whether something is okay or not)
-Avoid killing people
-One-liners are only acceptable in dialogue, I might still allow a few to slide anyway (our future RPs will be more strict on one-liners)

Enter...Paradise...

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

The Federal Republic of Simonia
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Republic of Simonia » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:45 pm

"And in recent news-"

The small resturant tv that had been droning on for what felt like forever sudden switched off, snapping the young German from his day dreams. His name was Albert Reiner, known as Al to his friends. He was a skinny man of average height, with the only other abstaining feature being his jet black glasses, which currently laid on the table before him, along with a few textbooks from the Library of Bremen University.

Looking around, he quickly got reaquainted with his surroundings. Three other people, not counting the waitress and cook, all of them appeared to be locals. Well he said locals, who knew if they were actually just some Danes who got one of those horrid fake tans.
Carefully picking up his glasses, he set them snuggly onto the bridge of his nose and started to put the books back into a backpack he had on hand, being swift with his movements, or at least as swift as he could without seeming suspicious.

A few blocks away another German walked the sunny streets. However, unlike Albert, she carried herself with a strong sense of purpose. This adittude of confidence was currently aimed at the task of finding a good spot on the one of the city's several beaches. "You've left it too late again Emilia" she sighed, looking out over the sea from the top of a small stone staircase leading to a semi-crowded beach. A sudden gust of wind blew her chocolate brown hair in a frenzy, causing her to squint and cover her eyes as the breeze carried sand from the beach. "Actually..this probably isn't bad for a Monday" she thought to herself. "I guess trying this one couldn't hurt."
This poster might possibly be Euro-Skeptic enough to join UKIP!
Low: My best Bro
Xana: The Ferret princess
(if you want in then ask)
My flag usually is of my favourite anime at the time, if you want to know what anime it is just ask.

Now the one and only psychotic scarf maker, want a scarf? Ask away!
Warning, scarves are not real scarves

Sad Times when you're ignored by friends ;-;

Calimama
Minister

Founded: Feb 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Calimama » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:07 pm

A beat-up 70s camaro was cruising down the road, behind the wheel was a fairly young John Taff. Taff was a vivid drunkard, and today was normal for him, buzzed and enjoying life.

Then again, today was a little different for John. He had been invited by his younger sister to stay at, what he thought, a shitty island resort. He took his eyes off the road for a second to look at a map he had picked up at a gas station. John was about a mile away from his destination, and he drove on, passing cars and cursing at the slow drivers, even though they were all going the speed limit.

After a couple minutes, the resort came into sight, and John pulled a quick turn into the parking-lot. He then proceeded to turn into a free parking space, putting a dent into a small truck that was in the other space. John cursed and quickly reversed, finally parking his car into the correct space.

He turned off the engine and opened his door which made a couple of beer cans that he had been drinking spill out of his car and roll along the pavement. He stepped out of the car and finished off a beer in his hand, throwing it at the truck he had hit whenever he was done with it.

John then stumbled toward what he thought was the main entrance into the resort.
Last edited by Calimama on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am thou, thou art I. Thou hast acquired a new vow. It shall become the wings of rebellion that breakth thy chains of captivity.
"And now, standing on this mountain of brave corpses, I have quite the view." - Erwin Smith
“You know the difference between me and you? I bleed red and you bleed green.” - Avon Barksdale
Where was your star?
Was it far, was it far?
When did we leave?
We believed, we believed, we believed

In the heat and the rain
With whips and chains
Just to see him fly
Too many died
We build a tower of stone
With our flesh and bone
To see him fly
But we don't know why
Ooh, now where do we go

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:29 pm

A large crowd of people carrying all kinds of baggage emerged from the terminal of the local airport, mostly foreigners. Among this foreigners was an excited Polish blonde girl. She was finally through her first year in college and, now an adult, was eager to see the world. She had broken up with a boyfriend a few months ago, and none of her friends could make the trip. But she wasn't going to let that stop her. Her face glowing, she glanced around and took in the sights, along with the pleasant warmth of the sun and the tropical breeze, very different from the weather back in Polska.

A limousine waited for her just outside the terminal, the driver standing nearby with a board reading "Oliwia Przybyłowska".

"Cześć!" She said pleasantly as she approached the man, slightly cocking her head to one side when the man seemed to look confused, "hello!" She tried in English, with an accent.

"Ah! Hello! You are, Oli-Oliy-Oliwia?" He finally got out, having trouble with how to pronounce the 'w'.

"Yes!" She replied, "that's me."

"Okay, madam, please," He opened the door to the limo for her, gesturing for her to enter while he offered to take her baggage in order to load it into the spacious trunk. She got inside and sat down, all alone in the car save for the driver, who was now back inside the car and starting the engine. They left the terminal rather slowly; the traffic was horrible on the way out. From her seat by a window, Oliwia was able to watch the buildings go by, and then after a couple kilometers she caught a glimpse of the waterfront.

"Wow," she breathed, feeling excitement begin to swell up inside of her. "Hey driver? How much farther is my hotel?"

"Just a couple minutes, madam. I'm sure you'll like it, it's right by the water," he told her.

"Thank you," Oliwia acknowledged, looking back out the window as the beach grew closer.

After a few minutes, the driver spoke up again, "Madam, we're here."

"Thank you driver," she nodded with a smile. He opened the door for her and even helped bring her baggage inside. A young man, smelling of alcohol, was already in line to speak with the hotel staff about his arrival. Oliwia walked up and waited behind him, while her driver watched over the baggage near the sofas of the roomy lobby. She imagined that it would only take a few minutes but the tourist in the very front, just two people in front of her, seemed to be having difficulty with his reservation.

"Come on, this is taking forever," she mumbled, in English.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Calimama
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Calimama » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:52 pm

John pushed the door of the main entrance building suddenly, almost falling over on the account of the alcohol in his system. "Goddammit!" he cursed loudly and composed himself.

The receptionist eyed Taff and thought to himself. "I sure hope this idiot has a reservation, otherwise it's security for him." He quickly put on his best fake smile and waited as John slowly made his way toward the desk.

"Greetings sir! Do you have a reservation?" The receptionist said as John finally walked up.

"Uh...I think so. My *hic* sister invited me here..." John slurred.

"And what is your sister's name?"

"Um...Amanda." John said as a man walked up behind him and waited in line.

"There is currently three 'Amandas' staying at this reservation...can you tell me a last name?" The receptionist asked, starting to get ticked off by John.

John ignored him for a moment as a limo pulled up outside, "That's some fancy-ass shit right there... He thought as he returned to the question.

"Last name...Morey...yeah...Amanda Morey." John once again slurred.

"I'm sorry...Amanda Morey is not expecting any visitors based upon her room description."

"What?!" John started as he heard the door open up behind him. "...she invited me here!" It wasn't long until a girl stood in line behind the other man.

"Sir. Morey is not expecting any visitors." The receptionist calmly said.

It was at that moment that John could of sworn he heard the girl standing two persons behind him, and he ignored it to continue arguing with the receptionist.

"I *hic* demand to speak to your manager!"
I am thou, thou art I. Thou hast acquired a new vow. It shall become the wings of rebellion that breakth thy chains of captivity.
"And now, standing on this mountain of brave corpses, I have quite the view." - Erwin Smith
“You know the difference between me and you? I bleed red and you bleed green.” - Avon Barksdale
Where was your star?
Was it far, was it far?
When did we leave?

In the heat and the rain
With whips and chains
Just to see him fly
Too many died
With our flesh and bone
To see him fly
But we don't know why
Ooh, now where do we go

Lehistan
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lehistan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:33 am

"Finally there!" tought the man at the top of the airstair, wearing a womanbeater, bahama shorts and sandals with socks. His name was Marek Kozłowski, a retired 58-year old ex-coal miner from the Ruhrgebiet with a quite big belly, that just arrived from the Düsseldorf airport. He was amazed by the beauty of the place he just arrived in, although his lack in eloquence couldn't help him to find words to describe it correctly. "Ja pie***lę ale fajnie!", he said.

Although loaded with vodka and beer, which he drunk on the plane, he managed to go down the airstair quite well, without stumbling. He was disappointed with the airport, as he was used to things more modern and high-quality "in the Reich", as he described Germany.

After going through the airports border control and being finally outside of the main entrance, he ordered a taxi and packed his luggage in the trunk of the car. He sat in the back seat and tried somehow with his German and broken English to explain the taxi driver where he wants to go. "Ich will gejen here! Here go, fahren auto!" said Marek pointing on the Hotel's photo on the flyer he received at his local travel agency. The taxi driver, used to fat European retired tourists, understood the man exactly and started his engine to bring his passenger to the "Tropical Paradise".

Marek was thrilled. With grown up kids and just after a divorce, he was ready to try new things and live life to the fullest. Although his back ached from years of working in coal mining, he didn't care much about it, as he was excited to get to the hotel, accommodate there and get to the buffet, where food and alcohol was free, as his travel agency promised him.

Arriving at the place, he was even more amazed by the beautiful beach that looked just like the one depicted on his leaflet. "Ło ku**a...", he said, just before reminding himself he should pay the taxi driver. He paid him leaving a 10 Euro tip, which left the taxi driver quite astonished. After the taxi drove away, Marek took his steps to the hotel, having a feeling that this will be a whole new adventure for him...

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Republic of Simonia » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:42 am

Albert slipped into the lobby of the aforementioned hotel. Having seen it begin to slowly fill up as more and more entered the queue for the receptionist, he kept his head down and smiled to himself, for he had already gotten his room key several hours earlier. He briskfully started towards the elevator just to the right of the receptionist, passing several other guests sitting on couches and chairs.
My flag usually is of my favourite anime at the time, if you want to know what anime it is just ask.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:18 am

Oliwia waited patiently as the man up front continued to argue with the receptionist. Finally the receptionist pulled out a walkie-talkie and requested the manager. She watched as the other tourist just in front of her glanced at his watch. It seemed like at least fifteen minutes had already gone by. Finally the receptionist told the man in front of the desk to step to the side so the others could check in. The man in front of Oliwia got through within seconds, letting Oliwia step up.

"Hello," the reception greeted her with a pleasant smile.

"Hi," she replied with a smile, pulling out the couple pieces of recommended paperwork. As the receptionist searched for her reservation on the computer, Oliwa glanced, without saying anything, at John, who now stood by the desk waiting for the manager.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Calimama
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Calimama » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:47 pm

"Alright, alright, step to the side, I will call for my manager." The receptionist said, pulling out a walkie-talkie, he was clearly angry now.

"Now I hope I will get some proper service." John remarked, stepping to the side and letting the man behind him step up, the man went through in seconds, and the receptionist was relieved.

John waited impatiently, the manager was taking forever. While he waited, John glanced at the girl that had stepped up after the man.

Well, there's a pretty girl. John thought to himself, he looked at her for a couple of seconds until she looked back at him, and he quickly turned away and continued waiting for the manager.

"What the hell is taking them so long?!" John complained.

"I do not know sir, please just wait." The receptionist said, turning back to Oliwia.

"Hello." The receptionist greeted her, and he took the papers she handed him.

"Oliwia Przybyłowska?" The receptionist inquired, struggling with her last name.
Where was your star?
Was it far, was it far?
When did we leave?

In the heat and the rain
With whips and chains
Just to see him fly
Too many died
With our flesh and bone
To see him fly
But we don't know why
Ooh, now where do we go

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Republic of Simonia » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:10 pm

Emilia walked along the same beach she had been eyeing earlier, the wind still blew her hair everywhere, which was at first quite attractive, but soon became more of an annoyance.

The sun was now in a central position in the sky, which gave all the tourists umbrellas a small shadow. It was then that Emila caught herself "Why the fuck am I thinking about the shadows of umbrellas? Did the writer have nothing else to write about? Are they just trying to shamelessly post a post?" the answer yet eluded her as she ran up the stairs, running down the street, her small purse flapping behind her.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:27 pm

"Yes," Oliwia replied simply. She waited for the receptionist to find her reservation.

"Oh yes, you're from Polska, right? We don't get too many Polish people around here," the receptionist remarked, finding her information and looking for her room key.

Zauważyłam, she thought. The receptionist took a while to find her key.

"Here it is! Your room is 504, on the fifth floor," the receptionist smiled, giving her the key to the room, "thank you for staying at Tropical Paradise Resorts!"

"Thank you," Oliwia nodded and took the key, giving John another quick glance before turning and walking towards the elevators. Her driver was quickly at her side with the baggage. "Oh no, sir," she smiled at him, "I can take it from here, you've already done too much for me. Here," she reached into her small purse, taking out 12 Polish silver coins, the Polish Eagle emblazoned on the front, and giving them to the driver, "for your trouble," she nodded and smiled again.

"Oh, I-thank you, madam, you are very generous," he looked shocked, "Thank you," he said again, taking the coins and walking back out to the limousine. Oliwia took the baggage and rolled on its wheels to the elevators. She paused when she noticed a man standing by one of the elevators, the down arrow lit.

"You're waiting for the elevator?" she implored, taking one more step towards the man.

Meanwhile, the manager had finally appeared at the desk, and while the receptionist took care of the other guests, the manager walked up to John, "what seems to be the problem, sir?"
Last edited by NeuPolska on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Calimama
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Calimama » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:09 pm

John stared at the girl's ass the entire way to the elevator, it wasn't long until he heard the manager walking up to him. He turned back around to face him.

"About fucking time." John said.

"I'm sorry sir. What seems to be the problem?" The manager said with a calm expression.

"My younger sister invited me here, she said she had a room ready for me, and your goddamn receptionist didn't help at all!" John yelled.

"Sir! Yell again and I will call security, now, what is your sister's name?"

"Amanda Morey." It was at that moment that a pretty looking girl came through the door.

"You called?" The girl asked.

"Amanda?" John turned around. "There you are!" He hugged her.

"Yeah yeah...what's going on?" Amanda asked, she would look to be around nineteen years old, with a light black jacket on, and a pair of shorts. Amanda was John's half sister, they had a different mom. "And...John...are you drunk?" She smelled beer on his breath.

"Yup...drove all the way here..."

"You could have killed yourself! Be more careful next time."

"Goddamn, I know. Now what the hell's going on? I told them your name and they said that you didn't have a reservation lined up for me."

"Damn, give me a sec." She walked over to the manager.
Last edited by Calimama on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Where was your star?
Was it far, was it far?
When did we leave?

In the heat and the rain
With whips and chains
Just to see him fly
Too many died
With our flesh and bone
To see him fly
But we don't know why
Ooh, now where do we go

Lehistan
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Lehistan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:13 am

The alcohol consume finally came out, Marek admiring everything around slipped just before the front door and knocked heavily his head against the door, leaving a bruise under his eye. Cursing loudly and a lot, he drew the attention of a hotel worker, who approached him and asked kindly, if everything's alright.

"Yes, I'm kurwa fine" he replied, evidently angry. Although the alcohol level in his blood made him immune to feel pain, he was upset he made a fool of himself. When the hotel worker tried to help him get up, he pushed him away and stood up by himself. He was a strong man despite his age, so the hotel worker decided not to insist on helping him.

Mumbling bitterly he entered the hotel just to see a woman and a man arguing with the reception, making him wait in the line to check in. His alcohol abuse and impulsiveness started to take over him and he started to feel like a man that will go in a rage within the next 15 minutes. That's what made his wife leave...

Marek stood behind the arguing people at the reception with a black eye, breathing in and out slowly, but not calmly, waiting to finally check in.
Last edited by Lehistan on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Republic of Simonia » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:27 am

Albert blinked, taking a second to look over at the girl. He nodded in response. "I haven't been waiting long, if that's what you're worried about" he said, trying to lessen the impact of his heavy Westphalian accent.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:17 am

"Okay," she nodded, stopping to wait for the elevator. The doors finally opened after a few seconds, a family of four stepping out and heading towards the lobby. Oliwia stepped in first, followed by Albert. The inside of the elevator was lit with a cool tone, with a neat and clean modern interior.

"Which floor are you going to?" She asked after she pressed the "5", since she was already at the panel.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Republic of Simonia » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:37 am

Albert was staring at the brass finish on the walls of the elevator, and so it took him a second to respond. "Ah..the same actually" he replied, after looking at the panel. "Room 511 he grinned, holding up his room key.

Calimama
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Calimama » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:14 am

John was just starting to sober up, his years of drinking made him very tolerant of alcohol. John is twenty-two years old, he finished high-school, but dropped out of college in the first year, claiming it 'wasn't for him'.

At some point after that, John started drinking heavily, which he does to this day. In the past year his grandfather died, which would be his sister's half-grandfather, on account of them having different mothers.

Amanda, on the other hand, was the smart type, and decided to finish college, taking a degree in the medical field. She was hoping to get a job as a nurse in a nursing home or a hospital. She loved her brother to death, but thought he was drinking his life away, she was partly right. John had been arrested last year for driving under the influence, he got out a couple of months ago.

Amanda walked up to the manager. She had been staying here for a couple of weeks, the reservation wasn't exactly cheap, but she thought inviting her brother out here would do him some good.

"Hey, why is my brother not being allowed in?" Amanda asked, she specifically said that she would pay for him to stay as well.

"It was a mistake miss, i'm sorry for the inconvenience."

"Okay then, is he free to stay then?"

"Yes. His room will be close to yours." The manager said handing her a key. "Seeing how he is...erm...incapable of proper function at the moment, here is his key."

She looked at it, room 507, her room was 503.
Where was your star?
Was it far, was it far?
When did we leave?

In the heat and the rain
With whips and chains
Just to see him fly
Too many died
With our flesh and bone
To see him fly
But we don't know why
Ooh, now where do we go

The Italian Nation
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Italian Nation » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:20 pm

The front doors burst open with such force that it seemed as if they would fall off their hinges, as any sound in the reception room would soon be drowned out by the heated argument of a young Italian couple. The man struggled with his suitcases as the woman did the same with her bags and they both continued to yell at each other in their own language, utilizing practically every known Italian word known to man. The man towered over his smaller wife, both their hair as dark as the language they used. Slowly they waddled toward the front desk, clearly disgruntled by the others counter argument.

As they came up to the desk they approached the receptionist and manager, paying no heed to the drunk they had just barely noticed, they suddenly ceased their arguing and put on warm, welcoming smiles.

"Ciao, signore! I am Vittorio Golino, this is my wife Simonetta. We have a reservation...?"

The man said, gesturing to his lovely wife. The receptionist took a moment to pull it up.

"Ah yes, Mr. and Mrs. Golino. One moment please."

The receptionist attempted to locate the reservation for several moments, until finally coming across it.

"Here it is, you're in Room 509. And... here is your key."

The receptionist handed Vittorio the key, to which he took.

"Grazie, amico."

The smiles on the couple then faded as they grabbed their belongings and continued their initial argument at high volume once again. The receptionist spoke up to them as they headed for the elevator.

"Sir, ma'am, if you could please be quieter...?"

The couple looked back at him, smiled and nodded in agreement, and then returned to their argument, this time in a more hushed tone. Upon realizing there were already people in the elevator, they ceased their argument and hurried over to it.

"Signorina! Signorina! Hold the elevator, please!"

Vittorio said, directed at the young girl waiting inside as the coupled rushed to the elevator with their belongings.

Novikia
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Novikia » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:08 am

OOC: This scene is in Russian

The boats engine calmed as the dock neared. It's passenger one Vasilii Sardonkov. He stood on the front deck of the small island hoping boat in tropical clothing he would have made fun of any day prior. Upon feeling the temperature of the Caribbean climate he quickly changed his tune. He scratched his brown hair, which he noticed was beginning to grow in. He figured he'd get it cut when he got back home, no sense in worrying when he was getting some much needed down time. He turned and walked to the side of the boat where the captain was tying off the ropes to the dock. The captain, his old friend Vova.
"Ok Vova what do I owe you for the trip?" Vasilii said reaching into his pocket for his wallet.
"I was coming to this island anyway. I needed to...replenish some of my wares." The pause and the emphasis on wares gave Vasilii an idea what Vova really meant.
"You sure?" Vaslii pressed.
"Yes I'm sure Vas, I enjoyed your company my friend. Besides I still owe you for Grozny." Vasilii remembered it vividly.
"Speaking of how's...the wound?" He felt almost uncomfortable asking Vova about the injury that forced him into medical discharge from his old, much loved position as a sergeant. The transition back to civilian life had been difficult but Vova managed.
"It's a scar now!" He lifted his plain but dirty shirt to show Vasilii what he swore looked like an odd fusion of a flame and a water burn splashed across his chest. He has mildly amazed at how the shrapnel wound had healed.
"Does it impress the locals?"
"The women at least." They shared a laugh.
"Oh before I forget" Vova went to the back of the boat to opened a hatch and he pulled out a large, brown, paper bag. Opening it to check it's contents he grinned and tossed it to Vasilii.
"Before you say anything it's legal and besides like I said, I still owe you." He crossed his arms.
"What's thi-" He stopped talking when he saw the jolly green giant's worth of weed in the bag. At least 10 grams worth easily. "Bog o moi Vova...I take it this is one of your 'wares' you offer?
"One of many services I offer for the right coin. To most people anyway, you've already paid for it." Vova gave him a grin.
"Thanks Vova, should help me unwind" Vas shrugged and returned the grin.
"Now let me call you a cab, I know a guy who can get you to your hotel" Vova said as he reached into his pocket to get his phone.
"You want to have some before I go?" Vas said offering some of the bag's contents.
"No my friend I have business soon, maybe next time." He shook his head with a bit of a frown.
"I'll hold you to that" Vasilii said as he began moving his bags to the docks.

Lehistan
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Lehistan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:40 am

As Marek was calming down, he noticed he stood there 3 meters from the reception with his bags in his hands for about 10 minutes, letting a loud Italian couple to pass him and check in before him. He was quite annoyed, but managed to ignore that and moved finally to the reception, noticing the hotel workers looked at him all the time wondering what the hell he was going to do next.

He approached the receptionist and said "Hello, reservation for Kozłowski". The receptionist couldn't stop looking at his black eye, but the direct aggressive eye-contact Marek made, made the receptionist nervously search for Marek's surname in his papers.

"Koslowski, Marcus from Germany?"

Marek always had a strong flush of patriotism when drunk and/or aggressive, so he yelled at the receptionist "Marek Kozłowski, I'm Polisz!", throwing his German passport on the desk, which evidently stated Marcus Koslowski.

The receptionist, quite unsure, said "Here, Mr. Koslowski, your key to your room, nr 505".

Marek grabbed the key and wanted to leave, when the receptionist said "Mr. Koslowski, your passport!". Marek turned, took his passport and annoyed turned his steps towards the elevator. He hardly noticed that young, drunken guy standing near the reception, who observed all this incident.

He noticed that loud Italian couple rushing to the elevator and immediately slowed down. "Great, I'd rather wait 15 minutes for the elevator than stay in a crowded, loud elevator for 5 minutes." he thought.

He approached the elevator, put his luggage on the ground, pushed the button and closed his eyes in order to finally calm down.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:19 am

"Oh," Oliwia smiled in surprise, "mine is 504," she told Albert, pulling out her own room key. Just after she said it, the elevator doors began to shut. Just before they closed, someone's hand came out of the abyss of the lobby and clamped onto one of the doors, preventing it from shutting and causing the doors to open back up.

A man and woman barged into the elevator, yelling at each other in Italian. Oliwia bit her lip and tentatively stepped back to the right corner of the elevator, giving the couple some space.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Republic of Simonia » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:24 am

Albert rolled his eyes and crunched closer to the wall. "What a coincidence is it." He fumbled with his key, chucking a little. "My name is Albert by the way"

It was now, that Emilia entered the same hotel, a little sweaty from her run from the beach. Taking one look at the queue, which had died down only a little, she sighed and slowly took her place in line.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:49 am

"My name is Oliwia," she moved her lips into a smile, which quickly disappeared. She glanced to the side, towards the Italians, while her face oriented towards Albert. They were still yelling at each other even within the confines of the elevator, and waving their hands in front of each other.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

The Italian Nation
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Italian Nation » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:27 am

After several moments of arguing, the couple finally stopped, and both exhaled deeply before the man turned over to the other occupants of the elevator and put on a cheap smile.

"We're sorry you had to witness that, my amici. Aren't we?"

The man said, nudging his wife with his elbow, as she shot him an annoyed look. She turned to the others and put on an even cheaper smile.

"Sì, we are both, equally, sorry about that."

She said, elbowing her husband even harder than he had elbowed her. The husband shook off his visibly annoyed look, and then put on a genuine smile.

"Where are my manners? I am Vittorio, and this is my lovely wife Simonetta."

The wife put on a genuine smile as well, and did a slight curtsy.

"A pleasure, amici."

Their thick accents audibly visible.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Republic of Simonia » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:36 am

"italiener" Albert grumbled, half heartedly listening to the couple's ramble. But with a sudden smile he turned and extended his hand. "Its fine, I vas not bothered by it in the least bit." He took a look around and chuckled "we have quite the multi-ethnic populace now don't we"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse