NATION

PASSWORD

highschool/romance/supernatural rp

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Arowfume
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

highschool/romance/supernatural rp

Postby Arowfume » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:33 pm

oc template:
name:
grades:
looks:
talent:
other:
Last edited by Arowfume on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arowfume
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arowfume » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:38 pm

my oc
name: amanda "shooter" swiftwood
grades: C+
looks: messy blond hair, bait and tackle t-shirt, ripped jeans, brown eyes, one small scar
talent: wrestling and mma fighting
other: has a pet alien, carryes around a stick, is in the jocks clique

Arowfume
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arowfume » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:41 pm

please feel free to join as you please
Last edited by Arowfume on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arowfume
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arowfume » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:45 pm

its open to anyone who wants to join

Arowfume
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arowfume » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:49 pm

guys please join i am feeling sad

Arowfume
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arowfume » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:56 pm

please help by joining this rp im lonely

Arowfume
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arowfume » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:01 pm

i just want to have a fun rp that i can lead

Rutthenia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rutthenia » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:03 pm

Bloody hell mate, calm down!
PRO: European Union, Russia, Putin, Pan-Slavism, Vince McMahon
ANTI: Ukraine, Poroshenko, Gay Marriage, BLM
Teenager, Male, Belarusian-American, Catholic. Backpacker, have been to about 20 countries. I like WWE.
Right-winger. I don't care about your beliefs unless you won't shut up about them.

"Do you know what the cure for the human condition is? Disease. Because that's the only way one could hope for a cure."

Arowfume
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arowfume » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:06 pm

sorry do you want to join

Arowfume
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arowfume » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:45 pm

come on i just want more pepole to join is that too much to ask

The Grand Republic of Hedgeland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hedgeland » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:19 pm

Arowfume wrote:come on i just want more pepole to join is that too much to ask

Okay, I feel like I know why people haven't came in in swathes (please don't ban me for necro!). I've ran an RP before and I'm experimenting with different ideas for RPs (stay put guys, I've got a smorgasbord of ideas), so I think I know what I'm talking about.

1. The title:

Believe it or not, the title of an RP is what catches the eyes of people looking on. It's what make people say "Hey! I want to join that RP!" or "That's an RP I want to wake up to on an early Saturday morning and write in its IC for!". With such a bland, generic (and frankly, shitty) name such as "highschool/romance/supernatural rp", it's not exacly going to get anyone's attention, no matter the engagement level.

2. The premise:

Another highschool/supernatural RP? Seriously? It feels like, to me, that's just the most overused and stereotypical place to put an RP. Now, don't get me wrong, it has potential (an RP when most of the people in it are going through a major physical and emotional change (puberty)? Sounds interesting!) but since every real-world anime and the like have done this to death already, it's really not going to warrant any attention. Why not put an interesting spin on it? Like, how about, you're all lepers or something? That would be great!

(Okay okay, that would be a fairly controversial RP, but still, Puberty + Life threatening sickness? Not a bad combo)

3. The unprofessionalism:

Okay, so this might tie into #2, but still; the whole RP reeks of half-baked ideas and inexperience (I didn't make my first RP the second I joined NationStates. I was well into other P2TM RPs before I made my first attempt). Trying to mix OOC and IC into one page is a very bad idea; it's terrible for communication, I'm sorry, it's just there's a very good reason why most RPs have two or more pages related to the RP. Also, there's absolutely no history or set-up for this RP at all; the set-up for an RP is half the RP itself here, it's not like Second-Life where you can throw a bunch of assets together, vaguely make it look like a school setting and start your RP, here, RP is totally text-based, so set-up and atmosphere is essential, otherwise nobody's going to give a darn.

The app leaves a lot to be desired. Let's go through it, shall we?

Okay, okay. The app ticks me off before it even begins.

oc template:

OC template? OC = Original character. That usually applies to RPs based off of different franchises, but this one is new (and without lore), so... what is it an OC of? Okay fine, let's get on to the "actual" app.

name:

Simple enough. A name's a name, so there's nothing wrong here (though I do believe, due to the lack of rules people could just put "Adolf A. Hitler" in with no consequence).

Simple enough (but I feel like the problem here is the (lack of) lore would confuse people who will put things like "3% Male, 93% Female, 4% Squid).

Well, okay. It is high school, so I assume nobody's going to put "103" as their age (though it never clarifies if your applying for a student or a teacher etc., also it's supernatural so I assume people would put ridiculous numbers as their age. Imagine a K-Drama where a 16 year old school girl has a steamy relationship with a biologically 17 but-1000-year-bloomin'-old vampire. That, would be weird, even for K-Drama standards).

grades:

Okay, this is where I start complaining hardcore style. What's stopping me from putting A+ here? The rules don't say anything (in fact, they don't exist) about this kind of stuff, so what's stopping me from just annihilating everybody in this RP (I say this, because I feel like this RP, if it got popular, would quickly devolve into this).

looks:

Again, what's stopping me from just putting "Super sexy and beautiful and puts all the men (and women! Teeheehee!) into trances when they gaze at me!". Again.

talent:

Say it with me...

What's stopping me from just giving me the best things ever?

This is proven by your app that you posted, which *details* a 15 year old girl who's talent is wrestling and MMA fighting.

Uh, hello? SHE'S 15!

How talented is "talented" anyway? Can she take on John Cena? Or just the gym heavyweights? This is why you need to define this stuff, and put rules to restrict overpowered builds. Please, for our sake.

other:

Now this is where shit hits the fan, HARD.

THIS. COULD. MEAN. ANYTHING. WITHOUT. RULES.

Anything! A pet alien? A stick? The fact that you're always in jock clique? Anything. Is there anything good about this idea? I could bring a nuclear bomb and I wouldn't be breaking any rules! I could end the RP right then and there if I wanted to, because THERE ARE NO RULES TO ANY OF THIS.

[/box]

Also, I've seen you argue with people saying that you don't want to use capitals or grammar, and I'm sorry, it's in your best interest that you work on your grammar and punctuation. Bad grammar really ticks a lot of people off here, and people don't want to have to deal with it. I assume that most of the RP you had before this was on websites/games that don't have RP as a focus (eg. Roblox, Minecraft, some Sonic RP), but standards are higher here; if we let every beginner in here without some form of tough love, the entirety of P2TM would be devoid of RP with any sort of substance, just a-dime-a-dozen Sonic RPs and Undertale RPs and Minecraft RPs and... zzzz...

I'm sorry if I seemed harsh at any point, but I'm sorry. You've got a lot to learn, but trust me, it'll be worth it.

(About those RPs in the works...)
I love cold weather! Yaaay penguins!
My RP list has migrated! It now lives here!
Why does nobody like Brussels sprouts, they're delicious!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse