NATION

PASSWORD

They Came from the Blackness OOC Hub Thread

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Gataja
Attaché

Founded: Apr 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

They Came from the Blackness OOC Hub Thread

Postby The Gataja » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:37 pm

They Came From the Blackness OOC Hub Thread

Hello again, Gata'ja here. Are we all enjoying the refugee situation in the Milky Way?

You are?

Fantastic! Want to fan the flames a little?

Good, then welcome to my little hub thread here. Cheesy intro aside, this is the next step in my metaplot for the Gata'ja and the tie in with the refugee situation my little gatorlings have incited, and its open to all comers, in a manner of speaking. More on that later.

As you all know, the galaxy is currently inflamed with a matter of conflicts or outright genocides and conquests that are driving displaced people everywhere, tensions are igniting and the galaxy is scrabbling on what to do. The Gata'ja, having been one of the instigators, are currently involved in a conquest of three systems that sent a large portion of said fugees and are involved in massive urban conflicts on the homeworlds of each, trying to subdue them to their full control.

They are constantly working to expand and upgrade their capabilities for their goal of, currently, fighting the Huerdaen Star Empire and proving they are the top predator of the galaxy. However, the fighting and strain of coming out of isolation, even with aid from their allies in the Vipran Imperium and numerous trade contracts, they still lack the necessary food and resources to fully feed their people and continue the expansion, and want to test out new tactics and training their forces have received.

Their answer is to raid everything that moves, take everything not nailed down, and nab a bunch of people for eating...oh and grab their food stores. Now, I had thought to have it be a single thread, but seeing as many people would probably be interested, as can be seen from Perseid's Conference thread here, feel free to take a look, I decided to go with this route to make it bit easier on everyone involved, and especially myself. So here, there'll be a brief application for who you are, the role you wish to play in the thread and reasoning for getting involved. There will be limit, I can't have twelve threads at once like I used to do.

I was a crazy young man, so sue me.

I will also be doing a Activity Report for the State of the Galaxy thread here to associate with this, for advertisement and story purposes. Now, the Gata'ja are going to be hitting Gamma their home quadrant of course, but they will also be going the distance into Beta and Delta due to the state of those quadrants. Alpha can be argued, but that's a special case by case basis and they don't want to overstretch. The roles for involvement will be as follows: Victim, Avenger, Ravager and Opportunist.

Victim is as it says on the tin, you are getting raided by strange little lizard men from sphess and defending yourselves.

Avenger is being the various little Batmans that some of you love to be, for whatever reasoning, where you catch on and try to stop us, interfering with operations and fighting back the chaos and ruin that the Gata'ja will be bringing.

Ravager means you are joining in on the fun! You are raiding, coming into attack vague and/or specific targets while people are distracted or even choosing to work directly with the Gata'ja for whatever reasoning. It's a big buffet table, we can share /some/ of the spoils.

And finally Opportunist: You are people choosing to do side actions and not be directly involved, basically background and plot building stuff, saying you have a presence or contract with one of the parties involved to build off of for later interactions and stories. You could fund the Gata'ja, them and the other Ravagers, the Victims, the Avengers, or simply be coming in offering aid and horrendously ripping off those harmed by the attacks, or something else I haven't thought of and mentioned in this OP. As long as you talk to me about it and I clear it with you, anything is on the table.

Further, each thread can have more than one participant, but that will be discussed based on situation, context and ability to handle for all involved in that thread. We don't have to super stuff one, we can have a few threads to handle things.

So, apply, feel free to drop by #NSLegion on EsperNet Irc and talk to me about your ideas and plots, or TG me, and get ready to make things oh so much worse for the galaxy. :D

Edit 1: So uh, having realized how this is gonna work, just feel free to tg or pm on me in NSLegion to work out how to set up the thread, thread direction, who will start it, etc. That'll make this easier.

Edit 2: Also, being a Victim doesn't mean I pummel you and you cry and give me your lunch money. It's just that I attack you first, retaliation is expected and encouraged! Avenger is just you aren't attacked by me, find out whats going on and get involved trying to stop me. Aka Space Batman.

App:

Account Name:

Nation Name:

Role:

Reason for Involvement:

Other: (should you wish to put any extra notes or context you feel is important)
Last edited by The Gataja on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Metaplot Phase:
Phase 1: Initial Expansion- COMPLETE
Phase 2: Raiding- ONGOING
They Came From the Blackness OOC Thread
The Gata'ja Factbook (WIP)
The Gata'ja is Telros' rp account. Should you need to contact me for any Mentor-related activities, needs, and or questions, shoot a TG here, and I'll be happy to help.

The Gataja
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gataja » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:38 pm

List of Nations Involved:

The Solar Cooperative Union:
Role: Victim
Thread: I'll Just Invite Myself, Thanks

The R.u.B. Union
Thread: Pressing the Royal Frontier

The Anais Unity of the Singers of the Void
Role: Opportunist to Ravager
Thread: TBD

The Star Community of Genomita
Role: Opportunist

The Holy Star Empire of Varagoth
Role: Avenger/Ravager (primary/secondary)

The Rhustarim Hegemony
Role: Avenger

The Interstellar Consortium of Avlana
Role: Opportunist/Avenger

The Huerdaen Star Empire
Last edited by The Gataja on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Metaplot Phase:
The Gata'ja is Telros' rp account. Should you need to contact me for any Mentor-related activities, needs, and or questions, shoot a TG here, and I'll be happy to help.

The Solar Cooperative Union
Envoy

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Solar Cooperative Union » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:47 pm

Account Name: The Solar Cooperative Union

Nation Name: The Solar Cooperative Union

Reason for Involvement: I would like to become more involved with the LC RP community and these seems like a good way to do that.

Other: The SCU is currently in the midst of a Civil War and as such any core worlds will already be active combat zones.
Don't look at this

The Gataja
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gataja » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:18 pm

Welcome SCU! I'll add you to the list. Now, how do you want this to go down? I'm just roaring in, blowing stuff up and eating people after all. =P
Metaplot Phase:

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:25 pm

Account Name: Lubyak
Nation Name: Imperial and Federal Union
Role: Victim and Avenger
Reason for Involvement: The R.u.B Union lies on the border between Beta and Delta, sandwiched between the chaos of Beta, and the refugee crisis pouring in from Delta. With the crisis worsening, the Union must begin to react against the threats approaching it on all sides.
Other: The R.u.B Union's frontier regions are beginning to suffer from the raids and pressure, and skirmishes have been increasingly common along the military frontier. However, the Union has begun to stir, and full R.u.B Wehrmacht assets are beginning to mobilise to strike back against the ravagers.

The Gataja
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gataja » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:43 pm

You only need to have Victim, Lubyak, being Victim doesn't mean you can't fight back. >:D But accepted.
Metaplot Phase:

The Singers Of The Void
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Singers Of The Void » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:49 pm

Account Name: Anais Unity of the Singers of the Void
Nation Name: Anais Unity of the Singers of the Void

Role: Opportunist/Ravager

Will start out being an opportunist, but later on will meet the Gata'ja directly and go into ravager mode.
Last edited by The Singers Of The Void on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Gataja
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gataja » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:59 pm

Accepted, Anaius Unity of the Singers of the Void. Again, tg/irc me and we'll work out the details.

Also, this thread is for questions, general questions about the thread, and direction or advice and ideas. Feel free to put them here and we'll answer/discuss them, unless its for me, then I'll answer them.
Metaplot Phase:

Genomita
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:01 pm

Account Name: Genomita

Nation Name: The Star Community of Genomita

Role: Opportunist

Reason for Involvement: The Star Community desires to both help the refugees and expand it's influence in a peaceful manner through cultural osmosis to restore order to the frontier in the Gamma quadrant.

Other: Any refugees over ten years and beneath the retirement age seeking shelter in Star Community territory will be subject to the same laws as immigrants, which means they will have to take the same aptitude tests to determine their caste and role in society for the duration of their stay. The castes are:

- The producer caste, consisting of everythng from farmers and construction workers to bio-engineers and artists,
- The seeker caste, responsible for intel, counter-intel, exploration and general recon missions.
- The protector caste, consisting of both the police and armed forces
- The scholar caste, including scientists, philosophers and dedicated priests of differetn religions,
- And the director caste, which includes elected officials, diplomats and such, and is also responsible for foreign trade
I use 80BF00 for native Genomitan,4040BF for Standard and BF80000 for Skav

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Solar Cooperative Union » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:26 pm

The Gataja wrote:Welcome SCU! I'll add you to the list. Now, how do you want this to go down? I'm just roaring in, blowing stuff up and eating people after all. =P

I was thinking maybe a 3 way battle between the defending Federal Forces, the Attacking Rebels and your raiders in a semi-urban environment.
Don't look at this

Varagoth
Secretary

Founded: May 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Varagoth » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:35 pm

Account Name: Varagoth

Nation Name: Holy Star Empire of Varagoth

Role: Ravager/Avenger

Reason for Involvement: I'l TG you more details about my role if you desire Gataja, otherwise in short Varagoth knows that they would eventually suffer attacks from pirates/malicious powers especially due to the fact that similar to the Gataja, the HSE are also looking to expand although perhaps for different reasons, the overall theme is the same. At the same time the Holy Star Empire see the Galaxy's attention focused on the Gataja as a opportunity to "join in on the fun" so to speak and carry out it's own random attacks on near by planets/systems/entities etc.

Other: Because the Holy Star Empire considers to have a "Holy Mandate" over mankind in the Galaxy. Gataja attacks on primarily human systems/worlds will in some or most cases(whatever you prefer) be avenged by HSE forces.
Future Tech Nation - Local Cluster - Gamma Quadrant

The Rhustarim Hegemony
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 20, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Rhustarim Hegemony » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Account Name: The Rhustarim Hegemony

Nation Name: The Rhustarim Hegemony

Reason for Involvement: Although the Hegemony usually takes a stance wherein they don't get involved in other people's business, their proximity to Beta means some of their Warlects are opting to preemptively try and curb some of the raiders in the Quadrant. Plus there are plans to get involved in assisting with the Great Displacement, and generally acting as "galaxy police" in their backyard is seen as a move in the right direction.

Other: The Hegemony will not be committing any great measure of their forces to the effort - the various Client Navies are only interested in defence of their relevant Client States, and the Hegemonic Combat Directories are generally seen as overkill for a little bit of police work. Essentially there'll be a small number of policing vehicles dispatched - the Hegemony wants to do something, but doesn't want to expend many resources if they're not directly effected.
The Rhustarim Hegemony|State of the Galaxy
The only reason to be alive is to enjoy it.

The Gataja
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gataja » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:20 pm

Genomita: Accepted

Varagoth: Accepted, pending what we discuss in TG

Rhustarim: Accepted. Will get to you about how to set up thread.

SCU: Sounds good. Do you want to pick a planet they are fighting over for me to hit or have it be some random world?
Metaplot Phase:

Neornith
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neornith » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:20 pm

Account Name: Neornith

Nation Name: The Interstellar Consortium of Avlana

Role: Opportunist/Avenger

Reason for Involvement: With the Great Displacement taking place in Gamma near The Swift Winds Trade Route the Consortium can no longer stand idlely by and do nothing, especially with the large amount of refugees staining the trade route's resources. In response the Merchant Houses will begin armed action agains human refugees to discourage them from trying to reach the Swift Winds, unarmed refugees will however be taken prisoner until an opportunity to unload then arises. The Warrior Houses however will begin an investigation into why the sudden increase in refugees and attempt to solve the problem at its source if it is a feasible goal

Other: (should you wish to put any extra notes or context you feel is important) Essentially the Merchant Houses would be opportunistic without the knowledge of the other Consortium Houses while the Warrior Houses would be avengers if we can get something worked out.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Solar Cooperative Union » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:31 pm

The planet I had in mind was Gebrant, a marshy frontier world home to a few biological research facilities and a small garrison of Corporate Security, currently embroiled in a limited ground war between Corporate Forces and Federal Marines over the capital of Banko City.
Don't look at this

The Gataja
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gataja » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:46 pm

Neornith: We'll talk in IRC about your app and go over some things. Once that's done, I can approve you.

SCU: Does the planet have any orbital facilities of any kind? Supply depots, trade outposts, ship yards, etc?
Metaplot Phase:

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Solar Cooperative Union » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:49 pm

The Gataja wrote:Neornith: We'll talk in IRC about your app and go over some things. Once that's done, I can approve you.

SCU: Does the planet have any orbital facilities of any kind? Supply depots, trade outposts, ship yards, etc?

A small orbital refueling depot, however the planet was at the center of a real estate scam that promoted the marshy, tepid world as a tropical paradise and encouraged investment. This came in the form of a massive orbital hotel which now sits half complete.
Don't look at this

The Gataja
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gataja » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:52 pm

Okay, so my thought is they show up, raid the crap out of the orbital facilities and engage whatever space forces you have, while a raiding force makes landfall to grab even more stuff, and people, and gets into a three way gunfight with your clashing forces. We can work on it from there; anything else you'd like to add?

Edit: Also, if you guys want this to be space only, ground only, mix of the two, focus on orbitals, etc, feel free to let me know. I'm currently assuming space and ground, unless one or the other is unavailable.
Last edited by The Gataja on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metaplot Phase:

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Solar Cooperative Union » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:03 pm

The Gataja wrote:Okay, so my thought is they show up, raid the crap out of the orbital facilities and engage whatever space forces you have, while a raiding force makes landfall to grab even more stuff, and people, and gets into a three way gunfight with your clashing forces. We can work on it from there; anything else you'd like to add?

Edit: Also, if you guys want this to be space only, ground only, mix of the two, focus on orbitals, etc, feel free to let me know. I'm currently assuming space and ground, unless one or the other is unavailable.

Perfect
Don't look at this

Huerdae
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:04 pm

Account Name: Huerdae
Nation Name: Huerdaen Star Empire
Reason for Involvement: Following a strike that hit non-Huerdaen shipping heading toward a Huerdaen trade hub, the HSE dispatched a small hunter-killer group to respond to the threat and exact retribution.
Other: The pack is not interested in interactions with other nations, and will attempt to avoid them.
The Huerdaen Star Empire is an FT Nation.

Xiscapia wrote:It amused her for a time to wonder if the two fleets could not see each other, so she could imagine them blindly stabbing in the dark, like a game of tag, if tag was played with rocket launchers in pitch blackness.
[17:15] <Telros> OH HO HO, YOU THOUGHT HUE WAS OUT OF LUCK, DID YOU
[17:15] <Telros> KUKUKU, HE HAS REINFORCEMENTS
[17:15] <Telros> FOR TELROS IS REINFORCEMENTS MAN

Rezo wrote:If your battleship turrets have a smaller calibre than your penis is long, you're doing it wrong.

The Gataja
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gataja » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:07 pm

The Solar Cooperative Union wrote:
The Gataja wrote:Okay, so my thought is they show up, raid the crap out of the orbital facilities and engage whatever space forces you have, while a raiding force makes landfall to grab even more stuff, and people, and gets into a three way gunfight with your clashing forces. We can work on it from there; anything else you'd like to add?

Perfect

Awesome. I'll make the thread when I can and put the link up here and tg you.

Huerdae, consider yourself approved.
Metaplot Phase:

The Gataja
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gataja » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:31 pm

Double post, but eh.

SCU: Your thread is up here
Metaplot Phase:

Intersteller Terra
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Intersteller Terra » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:41 am

Code: Select all
Account Name: Intersteller Terra
Nation Name: United Star Commonwealth
Role: Avenger/Oppertunist (and victim if you like)
Reason for Involvement: USC has an active interest in gaining an influencial foothold in Beta and becoming the big fish as it were, it is actively taking in and protecting refugees trying to resettle them and find them new homes and protecting those worlds from those who would do them harm.

Other: Beta is a big place and the USC hasnt wholly commited to this operation in such the sizeable fleet it has given over to the operation is stretched thin accross the Beta Quadrant. Its commander and cheif is a conservative man keen on preserving his force as best as possible.
Last edited by Intersteller Terra on Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Gataja
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gataja » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:05 pm

Intersteller Terra wrote:
Reason for Involvement: USC has an active interest in gaining an influencial foothold in Beta and becoming the big fish as it were, it is actively taking in and protecting refugees trying to resettle them and find them new homes and protecting those worlds from those who would do them harm.

Other: Beta is a big place and the USC hasnt wholly commited to this operation in such the sizeable fleet it has given over to the operation is stretched thin accross the Beta Quadrant. Its commander and cheif is a conservative man keen on preserving his force as best as possible.

So Terra, I'm a tad confused by this app. What kind of thread/event are you looking to get? Being attacked by the Gata'ja ala victim, attacking the Gata'ja and trying to disrupt their operations via Avenger or taking advantage of the situation in the background to help the refugees or rip them off horrendously, enslave them etc, Opportunist? Just need some direction on what kind of situation you want.
Metaplot Phase:

Intersteller Terra
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Intersteller Terra » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:31 am

The Gataja wrote:
Intersteller Terra wrote:

So Terra, I'm a tad confused by this app. What kind of thread/event are you looking to get? Being attacked by the Gata'ja ala victim, attacking the Gata'ja and trying to disrupt their operations via Avenger or taking advantage of the situation in the background to help the refugees or rip them off horrendously, enslave them etc, Opportunist? Just need some direction on what kind of situation you want.

Im pretty open to most things to be honest the USC is looking to be big fish in Beta and in doing so its expanding quite rapidly so has a few fledgeling colonies sitting about it also has a large fleet moving around the Beta quadrant trying to protect fugee convoys and directing them towards USC space. This leaves for quite a few things to happen between the USC and the Gata'ja.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents