NATION

PASSWORD

Blake Holsey High (IC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Blake Holsey High (IC/Open)

Postby Corrian » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:02 pm

Monday, September 5th, 2016
Today is the first day of school for the new school year at Blake Holsey High. The weather is nice and sunny, giving a good feeling for the first day of school. Students from previous years were arriving or being dropped off for the new school year, and newcomers to the school as well. This would probably be one of the strangest years for the school yet, but of course the students didn't know that. The crowds were generally filled with excited students at the idea of a new school year, with a few exceptions. But overall there was a lively crowd, talking with each other and some happy to meet with their friends they apparently didn't really do much with over the summer. Today was mostly about sorting yourself into your dormitories, meeting your friends again, and possibly making new friends, while the real school stuff tended to start next day after everyone got settled in. Though there were still some classes today, later in the day, giving the students a few hours to settle in and make some friends, or talk to their friends they already had.

Lia Robertson
Lia and her parents arrived to the school, and she hopped out and got her things from the back of the car real quick, getting her luggage out and putting it down on the ground. She gave a glance towards the school that she would now be calling home, and smiled. It was quite beautiful in its own way. It had a really cool old school look to it, she had to admit. But as she was thinking about that, she felt a hand on her shoulder, which was her dad, and she turned around to face him. He smiled at her, then signed, asking her if she was okay and able to handle everything. She nodded, and signed back that yeah, she can take care of it. The parents seemed happy and relieved. Not that they would have a problem helping her, just they were nervous about leaving her here. But they trusted that she would be fine and that she could take care of herself. However, they wanted to make sure that she knew that if people were treating her poorly, that she could text them and let them know, and they would try and get something done. But this school had a reputation that, yeah, sure, it had issues like any ol school, but it usually had a high percentage of nice people and they all tended to get along and be cool to each other a lot. Either way, they made sure that she knew that she could text them any time, and then they hugged each other goodbye, seeming sad but happy for her at the same time. And that's pretty much how she felt as well. Happy and excited, and a bit nervous, but sad at the same time to be leaving her parents. She signed goodbye, and smiled at them, and grabbed her luggage, heading towards her dorm room, pulling the luggage behind her.

Cassandra Goldberg
Cassandra was, well, pretty much Cassandra. As soon as she got dropped off (She hadn't gotten a car yet, or her license), and after whoever dropped her off left, she pulled out a cigarette and her lighter and lit it in the parking lot of the school. She stood by herself, leaning against something, smoking her cigarette and blowing the smoke around while watching over all the students milling about. She didn't really want to be here, to be honest. She felt no specific reason why she should be here. Though at the same time, she did welcome it a little. There would be little parental interaction, so she could do whatever the hell she wanted without them fawning all over her all the time. They acted like she should care about her future and her health and all that nonsense, but she really didn't. Yes, even she admitted she got into a bad situation with her addiction problems, but she still lived by the motto of "you only live once" and "living in the moment" instead of worrying about the future or the past all that much. Who gives a fuck if she died at the age of 18? As far as she was concerned, that was her own personal choice to do whatever the fuck she wanted, as long as she got to live her life to its fullest during that time.

Victoria Strummer
Victoria had pulled up to the school in her awful freaking fancy car for a family I was picturing living in a decent but not great mobile home/manufactured home or whatever. She pulled up in her Audio R8, parking it next to some of the other fancy cars about outside the school. She had just come directly from her home that she now lived in by herself, having packed as many of her things as she could possibly fit into this car, knowing she might have to drive a few miles (She didn't live far away) to get more stuff later. As soon as she got out of her car, she let out a sigh, looking forward to the possibility of new beginnings here at this school. A new chapter in her life. Preferably a chapter better than the last 3 years chapter in her life after her parents had been killed in such a horrible way. The images still haunted her sometimes, but for the most part she seemed to have gotten over her loss and the images in her head. She was just excited about the prospect of new beginnings, and hoped that this decision of hers wouldn't end up being a mistake...

Willow Malcomson
The whole drive to the school, Willow was rather nervous. She tried not to show it, but she was, sitting quietly in the back of the car the whole time. Unusually quiet for her. She wasn't particularly a talkative person anyway, but she wasn't usually THIS quiet. Her parents seemed a little concerned, but figured that she was just being thoughtful in the car. Cars were good at lulling some people into a thoughtful trance, after all, since there wasn't much to do besides that. Though usually they talked about at least something.

Once they arrived, Willow got out of the car, and so did her parents. It took her a bit to get herself out of the car, and once she did, she stared at the school, feeling even more nervous. This was pretty much a start of a new life for her, so it was understandable t hat she was a bit nervous. And she didn't really know what to expect from a boarding school. But most of all, she felt like this was the start of new beginnings for her. Over the 4 or some such years, she would be likely discovering her purpose in life, discovering herself, what she wanted to do, everything. It was kind of a big deal, and that made her rather nervous, knowing that this was probably the start of a big turn of events in her life.

"Are you nervous?" Her dad asked, having taken note of her mannerisms. She turned back to face him, and nodded her head, then grabbed her things out of the trunk. "Yeah, but I'll be okay" She told him, reassuring him. "This is just a big deal, you know? It's something new. It's my first time away from family for an extended period of time, first time at a boarding school, and it feels like a new start in my life. So I'm just nervous" She said, and her dad nodded in understanding.

"Anyway, see you guys. I should probably get going" Willow said, and smiled at her parents, then hugged them. Her relationship with her parents was never really strained, she just didn't entirely trust their views so she was too unsure to confine in them about some of her personal confusions about herself. But she realized that eventually she would have to anyway, because it isn't like she can keep it from them forever that she was attracted to females, when she started dating a girl someday. And took her home to meet the family. She knew it was silly to be nervous about that, but thanks to society, that was how things were. Thankfully, it was increasingly becoming a non issue, so for others in the future, they could be accepted with no issues.

Obviously, her parents hugged her in turn, and they waved goodbye to her as she headed towards the school, her waving back. Now she was off to some new beginnings....and she was a mixture of excited ant anticipating it and nervous as hell at the same time.
Last edited by Corrian on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:30 pm

As the car Jillian was in slowly approached the area of the school, some might assume she'd be nervous, but oh, that was far from it, my friend! Really, the thing that Jillian was feeling right now was excitement! In fact, she had to hold back the urge to ask her father, the one who was driving her to the school, to speed up (they were already above the speed limit by a bit). She was just really excited to go to this school and meet some new people! Maybe she's make new friends, maybe she'd learn new things. She might even find herself in a relationship here if she's lucky. Oh, she was so excited she could barely contain it! When the car did stop, Jillian had bursts out of the car with a quick "Thanks dad!" before looking around. There were students walking around, talking to some people, and others were carrying books all by their lonesome. She could definitely make some friends here. Excited, the fourteen year old looked towards the entrance, wondering what awaited her at this new school
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kwadai » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:58 pm

Oskar Weichselbraun

Oskar had decided to walk to his first day in a new school, mainly because the weather was nice and he liked to walk places, it allowed him time to think about and mentally prepare himself for the day ahead. He had packed everything he would need into his bag which he carried with him, his clothes, headphones, his iPhone which rarely left his person anyway, his laptop and of course, his school books. Although he also managed to sneak in a small amount of very carefully hidden weed (in case he felt like it). He was dressed smartly in a dark blue button up shirt and black skinny jeans ripped at the knees.

This would be a whole new start for the Austrian-American. Hopefully his time in this school would go better than his time in his last school. Making friends was the first thing on how to do list so he would have to talk to people, something he hadn't done much of in his previous school, in New York. The thing was though, that Oskar was genuinely quite a happy and cheerful person, so talking with people was something he liked to do as long as he felt comfortable around them. He got the feeling this would be a good experience.

Taking a deep breath, the sixteen year old walked into view of the school entrance, it was quite a large building, or it seemed that way anyway. It was quite and interesting looking building, and appeared to be the type of place he would enjoy looking around. Beginning to get an excited tingling feeling he continued to walk into the car park area, observing the other students....so many different people. He had so many questions. Who are going to be his friends eventually? Who will he be sharing a dorm with? What will classes be like? What are the teachers going to be like? Not wishing to waste more time he moved furthered into the yard in front of the school, but not going in after noticing most people remained outside.
Last edited by Kwadai on Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010

Postby Kyraina » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Joseph Bridges

Joseph drove into the School parking lot and looked around around. "Damn, my truck looks like a piece of junk compared to other vechiles here," Joseph mumbled to himself. He then had hit the phone button on the steering wheel and the selected his mom's number from his phone through the trucks Bluetooth system as he parked beside a Audi R8. The phone dialed but went to voice mail and Joseph decided to leave a message telling his mom he had arrived safe and sound, then did the same to his dad's phone.

Dirk Bridges

Dirk kissed his son's forehead and climbed into hio Hummer H1. As he Drove through Aspen towards Blake Holsey, he started thinking of Joseph and said, "I wonder what he is doing this year, I should call mom and dad later and find out." As be got to the school, he pulled into the parking lot, he saw a 2012 Toyoylta Tundra that looked familiar, but didn't think bout who was driving it. He saw a parking spot by the Field House and parked there. He jumped out of the SUV and headed towards the school to get the classes list and to meet the principal and vice principal again
Last edited by Kyraina on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:32 pm

The next student to arrive was Peter Kowalski, arriving in his red 1994 Dodge Shadow. Despite it being at least 20 years old and bought for under $1,000, it still did the job, getting him and his passengers from A to B. In fact, it didn't really break down as much as much as you'd think and, when it did have to go in for repairs, it was something minor like a new lightbulb. In fact, the only real modifications were two bumper stickers put on the back - one Canada flag and one Colorado Avalanche - and an air freshener, in the shape of a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, casually draped on the rearview mirror. That and a new stereo so, with the help of a simple aux cord, he can listen to music from his iPod without taking out his headphones.

Sitting in the seat next to him was his brother Michael, or Mike as everyone called him, dressed in a black and red plaid flannel jacket, Toronto Argonauts shirt, blue jeans and black Vans Slip-On shoes. Normally, Peter would've driven to Blake Holsey by himself but, since he's still a bit uncomfortable about travelling by himself as he won't be 18 for another couple of weeks. It wasn't really a massive problem for Mike, as his roommate Jarod drove him back to the Kowalski household over in Jefferson Park the evening before. Besides, although he had a license, it made more sense for him to get a lift rather than drive back home. Also, since they were coming from Denver, which was around three and a half hours away, they set off the night before and stayed at a motel overnight, completing the trek in the morning. Fortunately, this wasn't a major problem for the two as traffic didn't really cause them any trouble, the weather was alright and they had planned the route out.

When he found a good parking spot, he turned off his iPod (which was playing Elevators (Me and You) by Outkast), followed by the engine. Peter took a deep breath, unplugged the aux cord from both his iPod and his stereo and put it in one of his pockets. "Got everything?" Mike asked, just as Peter plugged his headphones - which he always kept in one of his jacket pockets when he wasn't using them - into his iPod and began wrapping them around it.

Peter paused briefly, jogging his memory to see if he packed his stuff. Once he remembered, he carried on wrapping his headphones around his iPod, replying with a solitary "Yep."

Once he did that, he opened up one of his coat pockets and put it in. The two then took off their seatbelts, opened their doors and got out, closing their doors behind them. Just as they were opening the trunk to get his stuff out, they carried on their conversation. "Are you sure, Peter? Because you've er... you've packed pretty lightly; just your clothes, your school stuff and your shaving kit. I mean, didn't you pack your books or anything like that?"

As Mike was talking, Peter took out his Toronto Maple Leafs backpack and put it on. Without missing a beat, he then replied "There's always a school or local library." He then got out his gym bag, which was just a small drawstring bag with a Maple Leafs logo on it, and put it on the ground. "Besides, I could just message you or mom and dad to send them over."

"Good point." Mike said as the then helped Peter take out the big Team Canada duffle bag, which contained all of his clothes. A good chunk of it was just underwear and socks, along with a couple of extra pairs of jeans, a few shirts, a few toiletries (including his razor) and a disproportionate amount of hockey jerseys. "Besides, what about Thanksgiving? I don't think they'll let you take a week off to come to Toronto with us."

As they put it down on the floor, Peter replied "I'll probably send a video call." He then sighed a little, dismayed that he'll have to miss celebrating his favourite holiday. "I'd hate to miss it but, you know, c'est la vie. Malheureusement. Besides, I could just celebrate the American one here in November, so I don't feel too bad about it. Still, you guys will be fine, trust me."

He then closed the trunk, walked back to the driver's side and locked the car, putting his keys in the same pocket and his iPod when he finished. Mike walked behind him, wrapping things up. "So, here we are. My little brother's first day of senior. And at a different school! Well, just... Just try and make at least one friend, will ya? I mean, you're a great cook and all but I'm pretty sure that you can't do EVERYTHING in the kitchen by yourself!"

Peter then nodded a little and replied "I will. See ya, bro."

Mike then stuck his arm out for a handshake, to which Peter replied by pulling Mike towards him. This was so that they could both give each other a quick hug and a pat on the back, as the Kowalski kids normally do when saying their goodbyes. As they let go of each other, they both parted ways. Peter then went back to the trunk of his car, picked up both of the bags on the floor and made his way to the school entrance, looking around all over the place that he'd be calling home for the several months. As he was doing that, he didn't really pay much attention to anyone, preferably trying to avoid making as much eye contact as possible with everyone else. He then decided that it was time to go in and made his way to the main entrance, thinking to himself "Well, this could be fun."

Meanwhile, Mike - who was quite a long way away from home - walked off the school propetry and began figuring out how to get back to Denver, since he was obviously not going to make it to university on time. Indeed, Peter and Mike didn't exactly think this one through. Oh well, at least he could enjoy a nice day out in Aspen.
Last edited by Elejamie on Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:40 pm

Jillian, who couldn't be bothered to wait around outside the school, quickly rushed towards the entrance of the building, accidentally bumping into a few people, apologizing to them as she flew by. Nothing would stop her now! Well...not knowing if the door was pull or push kind of did. She almost ran straight into the door, but luckily she didn't. She stopped for about one second to pull open the door and then quickly dashed into the building. She looked around the inside of the school with excitement present in pretty much everything she did. Even the subtle little movements she did such as putting her hands in her pockets or tapping her foot had too much energy for the simple actions, so much so that it looked like she was practically stomping the ground when tapping her foot. Right, right, right! Now, where should she go first? Uh, dorm rooms! Yes, dorm rooms, that's great! But...where were the dorm rooms anyways? Well, she's just have to ask someone
Just call me Sahara

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Westeastern Dicantia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Westeastern Dicantia » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:14 pm

Violet Black

Violet was about as excited as a teenager could be for her first day of school. As she walked out the door, she yelled a hasty goodbye in the general direction of her parents. Without hearing a reply, she hefted her duffle bag through the door and closed it as she left. I get to show off today, she happily thought to herself as she smashed the button on the garage door opener. As the stark white slats snaked their way up the track, creaking and groaning as if reluctant to move, she threw open the driver's side door and tossed her bag in the co-driver's seat. She hesitated for a moment, watching the door thump to a halt, before she sat in the driver's seat and strapped herself in. With a manic grin, she started the car. The morning calm was fractured like glass as the little Audi gave a throaty roar; quickly reduced to a satisfied hum as the engine went to idle. Putting the car in gear, she held her breath, looked up and down the road, and put her foot into the floor. Like a horde of raging, turbocharged bees, Violet's white-and-yellow monster rocketed down the quiet, suburban lane, leaving four dainty skidmarks in its wake.

It was several miles to Blake Holsey, a distance covered in about five minutes at full speed on the twisty, bumpy route up the valley. There was almost no traffic on the back roads, and any cars in the way flew by too fast for Violet to react as the little Audi launched itself over a bump in the road. The parking lot, already full of cars, quickly came into view as she reached for the handbrake and sent the car sliding sideways around the corner, coming to a neat stop nose-to-nose with an R8.

Violet grabbed her bag, which was full of clothes and toiletries and things (all the big, expensive stuff would arrive later) and got out of her car, dust and grit still settling around it. Shouldering the dark blue monstrosity, she made her way across the lot to the entrance of the school. I wonder where my room is...
Call me Annika!
| she/her | 22 | Ill-informed transfemme socialist | leftvalues link
| check out the canon version of the lore here Dicantia (wip)

A relatively new, future tech, not empire that is totally the size of and acts a lot like one. Assimilation is voluntary and your territory has been pre-approved! The United Dicantia Directorate will be in contact soon!

Kalakar Six
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalakar Six » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:15 am

Sarah Pierce

Sarah stepped out of the taxi she took from the Aspen–Pitkin County Airport, looking briefly at the school she would be attending for the next year. Her father had gathered enough money to fly Sarah from Louisville, KY all the way to Aspen, along with all of the things she had decided to bring for the year. She had two standard bags, one containing just over a week's worth of clothing, and the other containing books and other items Sarah felt were important. She had pleaded, mostly in jest, with her parents to allow her to bring her German Shepherd Scout along, but they had said no. Being a relatively naïve, and naturally very sweet girl, Sarah handed the driver of her taxi cab a twenty dollar bill, which he accepted with a smile, then she watched as the cabbie drove away. In total, Sarah's flight had taken over five hours when one included the time she spent at her stopover in Atlanta, GA. Now, she found herself very far from home, and already very overwhelmed. It was not a joyous event for the ever shy young girl from small town Kentucky.

Sarah walked towards the school, her schoolbag on her back, and her two suitcases rolling behind her. For many girls her age, pulling Sarah's suitcases would be a difficult task, but the athletic farm girl did it with no difficulty. Her mind was on other things, such as her living arrangements and whether or not she'd be able to make friends. She knew that she would be roomed with a girl named Lia Robertson, but she didn't know anything other than Lia's name. Sarah just hoped that Lia would be nice to her, since Sarah typically finds it easy to open up to friendly people. Secretly, Sarah also hoped that Lia would be pretty, since in recent months Sarah found herself having romantic thoughts about some of the girls she knew from her previous school. The thoughts scared her a bit, being that she was from rural Kentucky, but she knew her family would accept her no matter what the thoughts might mean for her. With these things running through her mind, Sarah approached the front doors to the Blake Holsey High School, where she hoped to make a good place for herself.
Last edited by Kalakar Six on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Joseph Bridges

Postby Kyraina » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:27 am

Westeastern Dicantia wrote:Violet Black

Violet was about as excited as a teenager could be for her first day of school. As she walked out the door, she yelled a hasty goodbye in the general direction of her parents. Without hearing a reply, she hefted her duffle bag through the door and closed it as she left. I get to show off today, she happily thought to herself as she smashed the button on the garage door opener. As the stark white slats snaked their way up the track, creaking and groaning as if reluctant to move, she threw open the driver's side door and tossed her bag in the co-driver's seat. She hesitated for a moment, watching the door thump to a halt, before she sat in the driver's seat and strapped herself in. With a manic grin, she started the car. The morning calm was fractured like glass as the little Audi gave a throaty roar; quickly reduced to a satisfied hum as the engine went to idle. Putting the car in gear, she held her breath, looked up and down the road, and put her foot into the floor. Like a horde of raging, turbocharged bees, Violet's white-and-yellow monster rocketed down the quiet, suburban lane, leaving four dainty skidmarks in its wake.

It was several miles to Blake Holsey, a distance covered in about five minutes at full speed on the twisty, bumpy route up the valley. There was almost no traffic on the back roads, and any cars in the way flew by too fast for Violet to react as the little Audi launched itself over a bump in the road. The parking lot, already full of cars, quickly came into view as she reached for the handbrake and sent the car sliding sideways around the corner, coming to a neat stop nose-to-nose with an R8.

Violet grabbed her bag, which was full of clothes and toiletries and things (all the big, expensive stuff would arrive later) and got out of her car, dust and grit still settling around it. Shouldering the dark blue monstrosity, she made her way across the lot to the entrance of the school. I wonder where my room is...

Joseph saw a old school hatchback Audi pull in beside him and a girl get out, grabbed her stuff and walked towards the school. Joseph shook his head and climbed out as best he could without bending his left leg due to a metal rod in it. He got his left leg out and grabbed his backpack and duffel out of the front passenger seat and finished climbing out of the truck and let himself drop the last 3 inches to the ground. As he landed he fell due to his metal rod in his left leg and narrowly missed landing on both of the Audis and screamed in pain as his left leg impacted the ground hard. "Can someone help me up please?" He asked through gritted teeth.
Last edited by Kyraina on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:54 am

2 7-seater vans pulled up outside of the school, and all 14 Dracones piled out. The 'kids' ranged in age from 10 to 26, and as soon as they arrived, any sense of peace was shattered. They pilled out of the vans, laughing and shouting playfully at each other, shoving each other to get out of the car first, and just overall playing around.

Drake playfully punched his eldest brother in the shoulder when he shoved him, grinning, then turned to his youngest sibling, Piper, when she pulled at his sleeve. "What is it, Pipe?" He asked, smiling as she handed him a picture, "I drew these for all of you," She said. He took the picture, looking at it. It was a reasonably good picture of all 14 of the Dracones posed like in a family portrait. "Thanks! It's great," He said, picking her up and giving her a big hug, before putting her down so that she could go give her pictures to the others.

Knox had gotten out of the van and stood by the front of the one he'd been in, smiling as he watched his siblings play. He didn't like people yelling, or loud noised, but for some reason when it was his sibblings yelling playfully, it didn't bother him, even if it was loud. He guessed it was probably because it was such a normal thing in the house. He would have gone insane by now if it DID bother him. He smiled when Piper came over, handed him a picture, then ran off toward Brooke, then looked at the picture. If there was one thing that meant more than anything to all Dracones, it was family. He spotted his parents standing between the vans, watching the rowdy bunch, shaking their heads, but with wide grins on their faces. They had long since learned that it was pointless trying to calm them down. They were 12 against 2, after all. He made his way over to them, dodging as Skylar and Sylar started squirting people with water bottles.
Making it over to his parents, he gave them both a big hug. "Sorry for leaving," He said. He felt a bit bad about it. Even the two 20+ year olds still lived at the house, and now 6 of them were leaving.
His mom scoffed,"It's about time! Do you know what it's like teaching all 12 of you?" She said teasingly, hugging him. He chuckled, and she added,"And maybe we'll be able to get some peace," still obviously joking.
"Doubtful," He said,"There's still going to be 6 of us at the house."
"Yeah, but we can just use the empty wings to hide," his dad replied with a grin.
"You could have done that anyway. We have a big house, if you hadn't noticed," He teased, before giving a wave,"Seeya."
He made his way back over to the group of his siblings, who were now all somewhat wet, and it had turned in to a full-on water bottle battle. He grabbed a couple of water bottles, unscrewed the tops, and promptly dumped them on the mischievous twin's heads, since they were clearly the ones who started the battle.

The twins climbed out the car, getting stuck in the doorway as they both fought to get out first. Once out, they immediately began plotting. "I wonder what the school would think if we got off a good stink bomb on our first day," Sylar said to Skylar. "Why don't we find out?" Skylar replied, grinning. They high-fived each other with perfect synchronicity, then Sylar grabbed a couple of water bottles out of the car. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Skylar asked, take one from Sylar.
"You know it!" Sylar said, and immediately both started squirting their siblings with the bottles. Sure, it was a waste, but it wasn't like they couldn't afford it, and they didn't do it often. And they didn't really care that much. None of the Dracones like people making big water wastes, but this wasn't that much, really. Their first targets were the other twins in the family, April and July. The water battle just escalated from there, as they all grabbed water bottles and started squirting each other. Until Knox promptly ended it by dumping water on the mischievous twins head, and all the others took advantage and squirt them like crazy. "Ah! We give up!" Both twins said at the same time, putting their hands up.

Brooke climbed out the car, jokingly shoving her oldest brother out of the way, and in to Drake. She was also playfully shouting at Chase, her youngest brother who was 13, because he'd been throwing gold fish at the back of her head the whole drive. They had been throwing joking insults back and forth to each other the whole drive, as well. "Waster!" She called at him, running around the car as he tried to catch her and put some goldfish down the back of her shirt.
"Bug-eyes!" He called back teasingly.
She scoffed,"How dare you! That's so low, picking on a poor girl's glasses!" She said, spinning around and grabbing him as he plowed in to her,"You'll pay for that!" She said jokingly, tickling him, until suddenly they were both being squirted with water bottles. She quickly joined in with the fight, though her glasses got wet, preventing her from being able to see well. Once it was over, she wiped her glasses off, shaking her head and smiling.

Savannah piled out with the rest, messing with her phone. Putting her phone away, she playfully jumped on to her eldest brother, Gage's back in a piggy-back kind of way. And this was after he'd gotten shoved by Brooke and punched by Drake. "You guys are mean," Gage jokingly complained,"Ugh, this is a lot harder than it used to be," He panted. She slid off his back, laughing. "I'm not a little kid anymore, that's why."
"Yeah....When did that happen?" Gage said, ruffling her hair.
"Hey!" She snapped, fixing her hair. Suddenly, a water fight ensued, and she used Gage as a human shield. By the time it was over, she was fairly dry, and Gage was pretty wet.

Having calmed down a bit now, the Dracone kids all gathered in a circle and did one big 12-person group hug, then a 14 person one as their parents joined in. Then, the 6 Dracones where were going to be staying here linked arms together, and headed toward the school, while the others carried their luggage. When the six reached the door, they all started laughing as they turned and all walked sideways through the door in a line, before the more hyper of the group lost it to laughter and let go of the others. Once they'd calmed down, they each took their luggage to their rooms, before heading off to explore together, and the other Dracones all headed back to their vans and left, laughing and playing all the way.

(Violet)
Violet sat in her parents car, bouncing in her seat excitedly as they made their way to her new school, her arms wrapped around her kitty stuffed animal. Her parents had had a big argument about whether she was old enough to go to a boarding school of all places, rather than just a normal highschool. Or whether she was even old enough to go to a highschool at all. She had simply walked in and stated that this was what she wanted to do, where she wanted to go, and that she was fully capable of taking care of herself and handling high school. Maybe she'd finally actually learn something.

She began bouncing in her seat again as the school came in to view. Her father once again sounded concerned about sending her here, while her mom thought it was a charming little place. They pulled up just as the vans with the remaining dracones were leaving, and even without being entirely able to see in the windows, they could tell there was some craziness going on in the vehicles, which made her dad even more worried. Had these people dropped off some kids here? Her mom sighed,"Stop worrying so much, we know full well that she's perfectly capable of taking care of herself," She said.

Violet grinned as they pulled up and parked, then happily hopped out of the car. Her dad got her luggage for her, and she jumped up and down. "It's so cool!" She said,"I wonder if it's haunted."
"I would hope not," Her mom said, scooping her up in to a good-bye hug. Violet hugged her in return, then hugged her dad as well, before taking her luggage, giving a last wave, and heading inside.
Times are looking grim these days~

Fabulous Rainicorns
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fabulous Rainicorns » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:31 am

Alastair

Alastair's aunt grudgingly drove him to school. She didn't want anything to do with him, and she had only agreed to take him to school knowing she was getting rid of him. Alastair wasn't surprised she felt this way about him. After all, she was his mother's sister, and his mother had kicked him out when he tried to come out to her. She'd sent him to live with his dad, who she had forbidden him to see. They'd gotten divorced not long after Alastair was born when his father had realized he was gay. It'd been nice, until his father died, and he got forced into moving in with his aunt. He knew she didn't want him, and he was glad to get away from her.

He got out of her car as quickly as he could manage, nearly falling when he had to put most of his weight on his bad leg. He made sure that his phone was easily available in case he needed to talk to someone, then grabbed his stuff. He headed towards the school, not really sure where he was going.

Elliot

Elliot's parents dropped him off, then left after making sure Elliot had what he needed. Not long after Elliot arrived, he heard someone scream. He abandoned his stuff and ran in their direction. He found a boy laying on the ground, obviously in pain. "Need some help?" Elliot asked.
Last edited by Fabulous Rainicorns on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Jake or Jay| Pronouns: he/him/his
HYDRA PFC | The Chaos Brigade PFC

Never let them take the light behind your eyes - My Chemical Romance

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:13 pm

Lia Robertson
Eventually, Lia made it to her dorm room, her luggage still being pulled behind her. Once in her room though, she pulled it close to her and put the handle back in, then looked around in the room, picking a side of the room at random and throwing her suitcase onto the bed, and then sitting down next to it. This place seemed satisfactory enough. From the looks of it, whoever her roommate was, they hadn't quite arrived to their room yet, since she was able to choose which side of her room she got and it was quite clear that her roommate was as new as she was, considering that it didn't look like the room was set up for someone returning for another year at all. It seemed like a lot of people were new this year, based off of the general vibe she got from watching people in the parking lot. She was curious who her roommate would be, but at the same time, she was always a little nervous about it, because her roommate could be a complete ass about the fact that she was deaf, or it could just be socially awkward to try and communicate, but she was interested nonetheless.

With that thought in mind, Lia started to unpack her things, setting up her things on her side of the room all neatly and the way that she wanted. Her laptop set up on her desk that she would most likely be studying on, her clothes in drawers, such like t hat. And for now, that was what she was doing, nothing else particularly noteworthy going on for her (Until presumably Sarah arrives)

Gideon Burke (Headmaster/Principal) and Emmy Walker (Vice Headmaster/Principal)
Emmy Walker was wandering around the halls of the schools, welcoming all the students to the school in a very friendly, grandma-like way, wishing them all a happy and exciting school year (Which just got an eye roll from Cassandra, because that's Cassandra for you), so while you could probably talk to her if you wanted to, she was sorta busy doing greetings. She got mixed responses, as she always did. The more rebellious and rude students (Like Cassandra) usually found her overly friendliness to be irritating, but a lot of students clearly appreciated the greeting. At least she didn't give them all death glares like the principal...

Meanwhile, the Principal himself was sitting in his office, doing the typical paperwork crap, which definitely piled up on the first day. You had to sort through all the schedules of all the students, take care of general assignment paperwork, and so on. It was a mess. When presumably there was a knock on his door (Dirk), a not so inviting voice replied with "Come in", though he wasn't like, completely unfriendly. He was just...serious. He was an intense principal, though you always kinda got the feeling that he was up to no good somehow. What for, who knows, but you always sorta felt that way nonetheless. Which he probably was...This was Blake Holsey High, after all. Nothing seemed abnormal here, but that didn't mean that they weren't, and this would likely begin to be one of the weirder years in the history of the school for that matter.

Ella Birkett
Who Jillian ended up getting the attention of to speak to them was Ella, and Ella turned to face Jillian and smiled. Assuming that she asked in general where the dorms were, even if not specifically to her and just people in general, she was the one who ended up taking note.

"That depends what number your room is. It can either be upstairs" Ella pointed up, "Or behind the two doors that you see beneath the stairs on both sides of the halls" she counted, pointing the direction of one of the stairs, and then the other, and it was pretty obvious what she was talking about. There were doors on either side of the halls that seemed to lead to nowhere specific, but on the other side of each of them, there was a hallway, like upstairs, with dorm rooms on either side of the hall. One side for females, the other side for males, because apparently you could still have females and males across the hall from each other, you just couldn't have them dorm'd together in the same room. There wasn't strictly a whole section of the school for the female dorms or the male dorms, just certain sides of the hallway, for whatever reason.

"I think your paper that says what your room number is may explain where to go and which section that specific number is in? I can't really remember anymore, it has been so long since I needed that kind of paperwork" Ella continued, and then smiled again. "I hope that helps" She said.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:53 pm

Fabulous Rainicorns wrote:
Elliot

Elliot's parents dropped him off, then left after making sure Elliot had what he needed. Not long after Elliot arrived, he heard someone scream. He abandoned his stuff and ran in their direction. He found a boy laying on the ground, obviously in pain. "Need some help?" Elliot asked.

Joseph Bridges
Joseph looked up at the sound of the voice and saw a kid about his age asking if he needed help. He started today something sarcastic but stopped himself. "Yeah, I do, my left leg isn't what it once was," Joseph replied as he did his best to get his bags out from under him and he set up a little. Joseph told then Elliot, I'm ready when you are."
Corrian wrote:
Gideon Burke (Headmaster/Principal) and Emmy Walker (Vice Headmaster/Principal)
Emmy Walker was wandering around the halls of the schools, welcoming all the students to the school in a very friendly, grandma-like way, wishing them all a happy and exciting school year (Which just got an eye roll from Cassandra, because that's Cassandra for you), so while you could probably talk to her if you wanted to, she was sorta busy doing greetings. She got mixed responses, as she always did. The more rebellious and rude students (Like Cassandra) usually found her overly friendliness to be irritating, but a lot of students clearly appreciated the greeting. At least she didn't give them all death glares like the principal...

Meanwhile, the Principal himself was sitting in his office, doing the typical paperwork crap, which definitely piled up on the first day. You had to sort through all the schedules of all the students, take care of general assignment paperwork, and so on. It was a mess. When presumably there was a knock on his door (Dirk), a not so inviting voice replied with "Come in", though he wasn't like, completely unfriendly. He was just...serious. He was an intense principal, though you always kinda got the feeling that he was up to no good somehow. What for, who knows, but you always sorta felt that way nonetheless. Which he probably was...This was Blake Holsey High, after all. Nothing seemed abnormal here, but that didn't mean that they weren't, and this would likely begin to be one of the weirder years in the history of the school for that matter.

[

Dirk Bridges
"Yes, Mr Burke, I'm Dirk Bridges, the new world history teacher and football coach, the last call I had form Mrs. Walker said to stop by your office before I went to find my classroom" Dirk said in a confident voice as he walked into Gideon Burke's office and stood at ease and looked around in the office and kept a passive look on his face

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:30 pm

Ella Birkett
Who Jillian ended up getting the attention of to speak to them was Ella, and Ella turned to face Jillian and smiled. Assuming that she asked in general where the dorms were, even if not specifically to her and just people in general, she was the one who ended up taking note.

"That depends what number your room is. It can either be upstairs" Ella pointed up, "Or behind the two doors that you see beneath the stairs on both sides of the halls" she counted, pointing the direction of one of the stairs, and then the other, and it was pretty obvious what she was talking about. There were doors on either side of the halls that seemed to lead to nowhere specific, but on the other side of each of them, there was a hallway, like upstairs, with dorm rooms on either side of the hall. One side for females, the other side for males, because apparently you could still have females and males across the hall from each other, you just couldn't have them dorm'd together in the same room. There wasn't strictly a whole section of the school for the female dorms or the male dorms, just certain sides of the hallway, for whatever reason.

"I think your paper that says what your room number is may explain where to go and which section that specific number is in? I can't really remember anymore, it has been so long since I needed that kind of paperwork" Ella continued, and then smiled again. "I hope that helps" She said.

Jillian looked at Ella and then listened to her answer, giving energetic nods that were rather over exaggerated every time Ella took a pause or ended a sentence. Right, someone was going to help her, cool! Once Ella had finished her talking, Jillian have one last over exaggerated nod. "Right right right!" She said before looking at her paper. "Aaaand my number iiiis....twenty four!" Yeah, they may have yelled that with much more enthusiasm then was probably necessary, but oh well. She was just too freaking excited.

"Twenty four is..." She pointed to her right and pointed down the hallway. "This way!" She shouted, as if she was pointing out the directions on a treasure map. She looked at Ella and nodded at her. "Thank you!" She said quickly before running down that hallway. She then made a rather sharp turn so she faced a staircase and then started to run up the stairs, tripping and falling onto the stairs, but she caught herself and was able to climb the stairs the rest of the way, her heavy, heavy backpack slowing her down a bit.
Just call me Sahara

Kalakar Six
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalakar Six » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:40 pm

Sarah Pierce

Sarah must have looked rather lost to the other students fumbling about, as she was stood still in the midst of the first day commotion with a blank look on her face. She knew the door number of the room she'd been assigned to, as well as the name of her room mate, but she was still overwhelmed by the uncertainty of what to do in such a place. Sarah figured that there may be more students in her new school than there were people in her hometown. For a small town Kentucky girl, the boarding school was quite intimidating. She longed for the warm sun of Kentucky, as well as the sounds of her father picking on his banjo while watching the cows graze. Something that Sarah was even more aware of, to her dismay, was the lack of farm-scent. She had become so used to the scent of farmland that to be in a place like Aspen, with crisp mountain air, was a strange feeling. The worst of it all was that Sarah felt somewhat light headed, as she had gone so quickly from a low altitude to a very high altitude. It was set to be an interesting year.

Snapped out of her trance by a student rudely bumping into her from behind, Sarah decided it was time to get to her room and put away her things. She was worried as she saw several girls with many more belongings. Sarah loved her upbringing, but she was concerned it might negatively impact her in a place such as her new school. In all, she had a lot more worries than she did reassurances. It wasn't a long walk for Sarah to get to her room, so once there, she entered normally. She was surprised to see that her room mate was inside, but she very quickly tried to relax. She didn't mind that her room mate had already chosen a side of the room, as that orientation didn't concern Sarah too much. Sarah put her bags by her bed, and her schoolbag on top of the bed, and walked the short distance over to her room mate. She held out her hand, a friendly smile on her face to disguise her nervousness in any sort of social interaction, "Hello, I'm Sarah Pierce. I guess I'll be your room mate for the next school year." Sarah was comforted by the fact that at least one of her hopes had come true - her room mate certainly was cute.

Westeastern Dicantia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Westeastern Dicantia » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Fabulous Rainicorns wrote:
Elliot

Joseph Bridges
Joseph looked up at the sound of the voice and saw a kid about his age asking if he needed help. He started today something sarcastic but stopped himself. "Yeah, I do, my left leg isn't what it once was," Joseph replied as he did his best to get his bags out from under him and he set up a little. Joseph told then Elliot, I'm ready when you are."

Violet Black

Violet saw Joseph fall and moved in to help him, only to be intercepted by another boy who had sprinted across the street to come to his aid. Covering the eight feet or so between them, Violet offered her arm to the boy who had just left his truck, "First day, huh? Me too. Sucks you fell like that. I'm Violet, people call me bad luck. Who are you?" she said, smiling sympathetically. She was still coming down from the rush that came with driving here, and helping helping the stranger felt like the right thing to do. I'm gonna help a guy. Awesome.
Call me Annika!
| she/her | 22 | Ill-informed transfemme socialist | leftvalues link
| check out the canon version of the lore here Dicantia (wip)

A relatively new, future tech, not empire that is totally the size of and acts a lot like one. Assimilation is voluntary and your territory has been pre-approved! The United Dicantia Directorate will be in contact soon!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:26 pm

Lia Robertson
Lia was looking towards the door when Sarah arrived, so she noticed that her roommate had arrived instead of not being able to hear her enter. She smiled at her, and watched her put her things down. Then Sarah came over to shake her hand, and she smiled back at her, and shook her offered hand in greeting, but she didn't say anything. This was the part that always made her a bit nervous, "talking" to people or trying to communicate to them without saying anything at first. It was probably pretty apparent to Sarah already that something was different about this girl, considering the fact that she replied to her greeting without muttering as much as a slight bit of sounds, it was quite obvious. None of her sounds were words, either, more just typical noises you made in any situation. As Sarah started to speak, she watched her intently, which also became quite clear, to read her lips and understand what it was that she was saying. While sign language was definitely, and obviously easier for her to understand, she could still read lips pretty well nonetheless. Sign language was just easier then trying to intently focus on someones lips. It was also probably weird for others if they could notice.

Doubting that she would understand, Lia signed "Hello" back at her anyway, mouthing it slightly as well, and smiled at her. Then she pointed at her own ears, as if indicating something, and then attempted to speak what she was trying to say, but she, despite having had done hours and hours of speech therapy, still had a really hard time speaking right. And it looked like a strain on her when she did. "Can't....hear" She said in broken speech that sounded not entirely clear, and she looked uncomfortable when she did try and speak.

She then pulled out her cellphone and turned it on, then pointed at it, and then typed a text real quick and showed her what she wrote, which said "I can use this", and after she was sure that Sarah had read it, pulled her hand back and put her cellphone into her pocket. For the most part, she didn't even need the cellphone, depending on what it was, even without people knowing sign language, because she could just generally point at things and get her point across, or do weird hand gestures to make that point. Like pointing at her ears. She probably didn't need to speak at all then, but she figured that she could make sure that she got the point across.

Ella Birkett
Ella could tell that Jillian was a ball of energy, and it made her smile. It was always good to see people so happy. She herself was rather happy with life, as well. Life was fascinating, and her life was pretty good, so she was generally cheerful. Well, besides some issues that had popped up recently, but it was a new school year, she didn't feel like thinking about that stuff right now. That could wait until later when it actually mattered, which would probably be soon, but not now.

Back to what she was originally thinking about, she was glad to see people like Jillian. Sure, the super enthusiastic hyper personality could turn off a lot of people, but she found it fun and entertaining. They were usually some of the best friends, too, always happy about everything. The girl had figured out her room, and enthusiastically started leaving to find it. The girl thanked her, and she smiled at her, and she shouted a "No problem!" to her as she left, though she wasn't certain the girl had even heard her by the time that she was gone, she was so quick at disappearing off to her dorm room. She chuckled in amusement to herself, then went off to find her own dorm. She would be curious to know if she had a new roommate or the same as before (Depends heavily on who joins and who gets added where if they're new or not, but so far, the school seems to be getting a huge swarm of new students this year, which is understandable from an RPing standpoint). For now, she was just heading there, and she wasn't sure if she would find out either way yet.

Gideon Burke
Gideon took a bit to look up from his paperwork, then reached for something, and handed it to Dirk without a word at first, until he would take the paper. "Your classroom is down the hall to the left (Really, I have no idea, I'm just throwing out directions)" He pointed out the door, "And for football, you go out back a ways away from the nice back yard area, and there are various sport activities back there. That is where you would find stuff for being the football coach. Surprisingly, we're where people come to for local sports activities, so we got quite the fancy facilities in the back for different types of sports. And you may be seeing people from beyond just our school there. You see, we're not exactly big enough in the school itself to fit a full amount of people for multiple teams, but thankfully for some reason or other, we're the supply for outside team sports from the high school and such. So you may see others here as well from that school" He replied, rambling for some reason (PLOT DEVICE). "That should be everything, and that paperwork tells you your class times and various other assortment of information that you need to know" He said, and got back to work, like he expected him to leave at this point.

Cassandra Goldberg
Cassandra finished her cigarette, having leaned against some tree near the parking lot the whole time that she did. Once she finished it, she dropped it on the ground and stomped on it, extinguishing it, and then headed towards the school to settle in and whatever shit she was supposed to do on the first day. Of course, as soon as she got inside, she got greeted by Mrs. annoying cheery old lady, and she rolled her eyes at her, shook her head, and walked past her, slipping her headphones on at the same time and blasting some Cattle Decapitation into her ears at a dangerously high volume for her ears. She'd rather block out all the sounds in the world around her, especially annoying overly cheery old ladies. Though there were equally annoying other people. Typical boring gossip shit that people talked about, other cheerful people, talking about boys, whatever. Though of course she was making these assumptions about this school based off of a typical high school, but she doubted it was really THAT much different then a normal high school, despite what a boarding school may want you to think. It was very likely that there would be that annoying high school drama bullshit there always was, and whatever other shit happened in school. And most of it, she wanted nothing to do with. So she decided to just block everything out around her while heading off to her dorm room upstairs. Hopefully her roommate wasn't someone completely annoying. And annoying to her fit into many different categories, so it was likely that her roommate would be.
My Last.FM and RYM

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:29 pm

A young man, face engulfed with fiery curls that threatened to set his eyebrows alight with burning agony should he not seek the attention of a barber soon, slouched on his commercial airline flight that soared above the dense cloud cover across the country listening to the reverberation of the plane's engine hum its familiar tune; this was not the first that Aodh Riordan had boarded an airline. The sensation was all too familiar, and after having been swept away from his homes so many times before, he found that the dull pangs of homesickness that he had become so accustomed to were silent on this flight.

Aodh jolted to attention to a rough tap of his shoulder to find his father making hand signals for his son to remove his headphones, and Aodh complied questionless.

"We're going to be landing soon," his father said after a sigh.

"Good. Then you'll have finally cut me away from everyone that I care about again." Aodh grimaced as his father's rage became apparent, drawing the attention of some nearby passengers as the father tighten his fists into balls and his faced burned almost as red as Aodh's hair. His father leaned in, still quivering slightly with rage, and said quietly into the teen's ear.

"Be glad you're mother has an aversion to military school."

Aodh made a mocking noise and shook his head, looking back to the window as the plane began its descent.

As Aodh made his way to security, he could feel his neck twitch almost violently to the side among the crowd of strangers all pushing, shoving, and touching him. His childhood did not prepare him for this cacophony of human interaction; being born in a small town and proceeding to move every few years did not an extrovert make. Sweat plagued the teen as the temperatures in the airport rose enormously in seemingly no time at all and the railway that guided the tightly strung line of bodies shook with Aodh's nervous tapping.

When Aodh finally made his way out of the airport, he was greeted with the cool embrace of the spacious outdoors, if one could call it that. The air left his lungs seemed to leave his lungs wanting more, and it was not long before a splitting headache set in. Ugh... High elevations are the worst.

"Alright, well, this is your cab. Your luggage is all packed up and ready to go." His father opened the car door and half-shoved his still objecting son into the back without so much as a goodbye.

Aodh exited the taxi and looked out on the grounds with his supplies in hand as the cabby sped off without asking to be paid.

Peculiar. Alan must have paid for it. Aodh had grown up calling his parents by their first name; it was a habit that he was trying to break due to the strange looks and criticism he received, but by this time it was so integral to his thoughts that changing it was futile.

The school was smaller than the public school he had... completely left of his own accord and this brightened his mood slightly. Smaller school, smaller crowds, less drama. Oh, the naive teenage brain and its ability to still delude itself that everything was going to work out. Such was the nature of young men and women; they did not understand yet the cruel way that life would crush their every hope and wonder.

Yet, there existed a strange tinge to the crisp air that almost seemed to whisper to the students on this fine afternoon. "There is still wonder to be had here. Mysteries to be solved. The supernatural, the strange, the bizarre all find there homes here deep on the fringes of society,: it beckoned to them... or perhaps this could be attributed to the elevation.

Aodh entered the school and looked down at the poorly designed map that Aodh could only assume was made for the implicit purpose of getting its audience lost. This, of course, had nothing to do with his sense of direction as was obvious from the deadlocked stare he had on the map as he walked in the wrong direction and into another student.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:40 pm

When Jillian had gotten to the dorm room, which was shown by the number on or near the door, she smiled widely and quickly opened it. She looked around the room and immediately noticed that there was actually a window there. Oh my god this room had a view! After slipping her backpack off her shoulders and onto the floor, making a 'thunk' sound as she did so, she rushed towards the window and looked outside. Oh my god this was awesome! Jillian didn't bother to enjoy the view for long though, they had other things on their mind.

Did she have a roommate? Oh she was so hoping she had a roommate! She was already wondering how this person would be like. Would they be mean? Oh they certainly hoped not! They wanted to be friends with them. Maybe-oh! Maybe they'd be super nice and they could be best friends! Yes, that'd be perfect. Oh, she'd have so many question for her roommate, she just couldn't wait! What else was there to do? Oh, right! She could unpack! Wait, no, that's boring, it can wait later. Uh...what else?

Classes! What would classes be like? Would she be good in them? Would the expectations be any higher here? Would the science class be like her old one? So many questions and such little time!
Just call me Sahara

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:56 pm

The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:When Jillian had gotten to the dorm room, which was shown by the number on or near the door, she smiled widely and quickly opened it. She looked around the room and immediately noticed that there was actually a window there. Oh my god this room had a view! After slipping her backpack off her shoulders and onto the floor, making a 'thunk' sound as she did so, she rushed towards the window and looked outside. Oh my god this was awesome! Jillian didn't bother to enjoy the view for long though, they had other things on their mind.

Did she have a roommate? Oh she was so hoping she had a roommate! She was already wondering how this person would be like. Would they be mean? Oh they certainly hoped not! They wanted to be friends with them. Maybe-oh! Maybe they'd be super nice and they could be best friends! Yes, that'd be perfect. Oh, she'd have so many question for her roommate, she just couldn't wait! What else was there to do? Oh, right! She could unpack! Wait, no, that's boring, it can wait later. Uh...what else?

Classes! What would classes be like? Would she be good in them? Would the expectations be any higher here? Would the science class be like her old one? So many questions and such little time!

Violet pulled her suitcase up the stairs. Her height didn't really work in her favor here, but she managed it, and wandered down the hall until she found her room, which seemed to have a very overexcited girl in it, whom she assumed was probably her roommate. Adjusting the cat-ear headband, she smiled at her roommate. "Hi!" She said, setting her suitcase on it's wheels and tossing her backpack down beside it.

Wandering further in to the room, she looked around, before turning back to Jillian. "I'm assuming you're my roommate. What's your name? My name's Violet? Do you care which bed you get? 'cause I don't, so if you have a preference, feel free to take whichever!"

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:18 pm

Terintania wrote:Violet pulled her suitcase up the stairs. Her height didn't really work in her favor here, but she managed it, and wandered down the hall until she found her room, which seemed to have a very overexcited girl in it, whom she assumed was probably her roommate. Adjusting the cat-ear headband, she smiled at her roommate. "Hi!" She said, setting her suitcase on it's wheels and tossing her backpack down beside it.

Wandering further in to the room, she looked around, before turning back to Jillian. "I'm assuming you're my roommate. What's your name? My name's Violet? Do you care which bed you get? 'cause I don't, so if you have a preference, feel free to take whichever!"

Upon hearing a hello, Jillian quickly turned around to face Violet. She was about to ask her a load of questions, but then her new roommate asked her own questions. Oh my god! Those were about half the questions she was going to ask! Oh, this was so exciting right now! Meeting someone new was always so exciting!

"Hi hi hi!" She greeted with an over exaggerated wave. "My name is Jillian and yes I'm your new roommate and no I don't care what bed you take just take whichever one you want!" She said, taking no pauses in her sentence whatsoever. "Oh my god this is so exciting! What's your name? Hey, you look pretty young, even younger than me! Are you actually, or do you just look really young?"
Just call me Sahara

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:05 pm

Victoria Strummer
Victoria was wandering the halls aimlessly, taking in all the sights, and checking out the school, when she, or someone, bumped into her. There was a mix of problems there. She was busy looking around, and he wasn't paying attention either, which those two mixed together just spelled disaster. And that was when they had collided into each other, and immediately, Victoria was apologetic.

"Oh, shit, sorry" Victoria replied, thinking that it was solely her fault because she wasn't paying attention, not having noticed that he wasn't paying a lot of attention to where it was that he was going, either. Immediately, being a teenage girl who had been kind of absent from social interactions for 3 years of her lonely life by herself, she took note of the fact that she found him attractive. So that sort of thing was a bit absent from her life in an actual personal, right by someone she thought was attractive form, and had only really been a thing for her in...other forms. Like movies, as one example. She found herself twitching lightly, and didn't really know how to fully handle said attraction she had, especially with this being a thing on her first day. Was this a good sign for the start of the year already? She wasn't really sure, and kinda just froze on the spot until he would respond.

Rachel Foxx
"Ooohh, look at these cars!" Rachel exclaimed in the parking lot suddenly to herself, wandering over to the various decent to nice cars that had swarmed around in the parking lot. From what she saw, there were 2 Audi's, and various other cool ones (Forgot what they were). They were all vastly different types of cars, used for vastly different things, but they were all gorgeous. She didn't care, anyway, seeing as she liked all types of cars for different reasons. There was so much amazing about them, and these things must be a blast to be in! She could hardly contain her excitement at the fact that she was staring at an Audi R8 in person. If only she could get to ride in it, or better yet, drive it...But of course, her parents hadn't let her get her drivers license yet, so that was out of the question.

"Oh my God, someone here has incredible taste!" Rachel said aloud, her thoughts turning into out loud exclaimed sentences. She wasn't very far from various students, staring at all of their nice looking cars. The ones that arrived in anything that wasn't an old hand-me-down truck (Or any truck for that matter, though that is not to say that she doesn't appreciate those, either), or hand-me-down every day car like a Toyota Camry. Anything remotely nice, she was staring at and admiring greatly.
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:17 pm

The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:
Terintania wrote:Violet pulled her suitcase up the stairs. Her height didn't really work in her favor here, but she managed it, and wandered down the hall until she found her room, which seemed to have a very overexcited girl in it, whom she assumed was probably her roommate. Adjusting the cat-ear headband, she smiled at her roommate. "Hi!" She said, setting her suitcase on it's wheels and tossing her backpack down beside it.

Upon hearing a hello, Jillian quickly turned around to face Violet. She was about to ask her a load of questions, but then her new roommate asked her own questions. Oh my god! Those were about half the questions she was going to ask! Oh, this was so exciting right now! Meeting someone new was always so exciting!

"Hi hi hi!" She greeted with an over exaggerated wave. "My name is Jillian and yes I'm your new roommate and no I don't care what bed you take just take whichever one you want!" She said, taking no pauses in her sentence whatsoever. "Oh my god this is so exciting! What's your name? Hey, you look pretty young, even younger than me! Are you actually, or do you just look really young?"

Violet giggled. It seemed that her and her roommate had been well matched. She picked up her backpack and tossed it on to a random bed, before sort of jump-sitting on it.

"I already told you my name, silly!" She said, giggling again,"I'm Violet, and this is Mr.Widdles," She held up her stuffed cat when she said that, but she said it playfully, like she knew it was silly to give her stuffed cat a name, but she didn't care. "I'm 11, but school my age was really boring and really easy, so I told my parents I wanted to go to highschool, and so here I am!"

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:59 am

Westeastern Dicantia wrote:
Kyraina wrote:
Joseph Bridges

Violet Black

Violet saw Joseph fall and moved in to help him, only to be intercepted by another boy who had sprinted across the street to come to his aid. Covering the eight feet or so between them, Violet offered her arm to the boy who had just left his truck, "First day, huh? Me too. Sucks you fell like that. I'm Violet, people call me bad luck. Who are you?" she said, smiling sympathetically. She was still coming down from the rush that came with driving here, and helping helping the stranger felt like the right thing to do. I'm gonna help a guy. Awesome.

"Yeah, it's my first day, also my first time away from my parents, and first time not going to a public school. I have bad luck as well. Sorry for almost hitting your car when I fell. I'm Joseph Bridges, but back home I'm Called Jeb or Steel.," replied Joseph. Joseph took her arm and got ready to pull himself up. "Be carefully when trying to pull me up, because my left leg won't bend die to a rod in my leg," Joseph told Violet with a shameful look on his face as he mentions his disability. I didn't mean to fall to get her attention, but I'll take a pretty girl's attention any day of the week.
Corrian wrote:[

Gideon Burke
Gideon took a bit to look up from his paperwork, then reached for something, and handed it to Dirk without a word at first, until he would take the paper. "Your classroom is down the hall to the left (Really, I have no idea, I'm just throwing out directions)" He pointed out the door, "And for football, you go out back a ways away from the nice back yard area, and there are various sport activities back there. That is where you would find stuff for being the football coach. Surprisingly, we're where people come to for local sports activities, so we got quite the fancy facilities in the back for different types of sports. And you may be seeing people from beyond just our school there. You see, we're not exactly big enough in the school itself to fit a full amount of people for multiple teams, but thankfully for some reason or other, we're the supply for outside team sports from the high school and such. So you may see others here as well from that school" He replied, rambling for some reason (PLOT DEVICE). "That should be everything, and that paperwork tells you your class times and various other assortment of information that you need to know" He said, and got back to work, like he expected him to leave at this point.

Dirk Bridges

Dirk nodded serval times as he listened Gideon told him where his room and practice field was at and took the papers. "Thank you sir, and have a good day," Dirk replied and left the room. He walked to his class room and looked around. The room was bare, so he set his bag down on his disk and opened it up to get out some posters and pictures to hang on the wall.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:25 am

Terintania wrote:
The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:Upon hearing a hello, Jillian quickly turned around to face Violet. She was about to ask her a load of questions, but then her new roommate asked her own questions. Oh my god! Those were about half the questions she was going to ask! Oh, this was so exciting right now! Meeting someone new was always so exciting!

Violet giggled. It seemed that her and her roommate had been well matched. She picked up her backpack and tossed it on to a random bed, before sort of jump-sitting on it.

"I already told you my name, silly!" She said, giggling again,"I'm Violet, and this is Mr.Widdles," She held up her stuffed cat when she said that, but she said it playfully, like she knew it was silly to give her stuffed cat a name, but she didn't care. "I'm 11, but school my age was really boring and really easy, so I told my parents I wanted to go to highschool, and so here I am!"

Upon realizing that, yes, Violet had already given her name, Jillian blushed lightly at her mistake. "Oh yeah right sorry my mistake also hi Mr. Widdles!" She said, her words going by like a speeding car so she could forget the mistake she made. She jumped onto a bed and sat down, getting herself comfortable as her blush disappear. Don't focus on the mistakes! Just keep on asking questions! "Oh my god you're only eleven? That is so cool! You must be some type of genius or something, I can only do math equations really easilly. Anyways enough of that. I'm happy to have you as a roommate, I hope we can be friends!"
Just call me Sahara

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse