NATION

PASSWORD

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP (Interest/Part-Worldbuilding)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP (Interest/Part-Worldbuilding)

Postby Illan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:45 pm

With the release of the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game, I have felt the desire to create, more or less, my own sort of "world" in this universe. And thus, with me being a Nationstates member for a good few years, this seemed like the best option! :P

I would like to measure the interest for an RP such as this first, however. While this is very much a prototype, you can expect the type of thing one is accustomed to in the Mystery Dungeon games: playing as a Pokemon, and the presence of a "guild" or other similar group dedicated to the exploration of these "Mystery Dungeons" as well as the world as a whole. I also intend to implement an aspect of a nation, however, likely with a sort of monarchy or other aspect to it.

But that is why this is a world building thread as well! So, if you feel interested in this, feel free to leave a post :)
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Harndar
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Harndar » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:49 am

You got my sight of Mystery Dungeon

Tag

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:48 am

Harndar wrote:You got my sight of Mystery Dungeon

Tag

Awesome, someone's interested. I didn't know if anybody was going to tag because, well, in hindsight, it wasn't a great idea to post the thread in the middle of the night.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:11 pm

Bumpedy bump
Above even The Boss

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Hmmmm...
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:42 pm

Vulnier wrote:Hmmmm...

I'll take that as being at least partially interested! :D
Above even The Boss

Harndar
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Harndar » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:10 pm

So, you know the story?

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:20 am

Harndar wrote:So, you know the story?

This will mostly stand on its own, and won't really rely on the other games for the extraordinary stuff. Think about how each game is set in a new town/city/area.
Last edited by Illan on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Above even The Boss

Soviet Farm
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Farm » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:39 pm

I'm interested, it's just that my knowledge of Mystery Dungeon( or any Pokemon game that isn't Ranger) is a little rusty.

Zoboyizakoplayoklot
Minister

Founded: Jan 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoboyizakoplayoklot » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:48 pm

I might be interested

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:46 pm

Soviet Farm wrote:I'm interested, it's just that my knowledge of Mystery Dungeon( or any Pokemon game that isn't Ranger) is a little rusty.

That's certainly fine! Like I said, other games won't really be essential story-wise.
Above even The Boss

Soviet Farm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Farm » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:14 pm

Illan wrote:
Soviet Farm wrote:I'm interested, it's just that my knowledge of Mystery Dungeon( or any Pokemon game that isn't Ranger) is a little rusty.

That's certainly fine! Like I said, other games won't really be essential story-wise.

Great! Definite tag.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:11 am

Any other questions you all might have?
Above even The Boss

Tulkomanistan
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tulkomanistan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:37 am

Hmm...seems interesting...

Soviet Farm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Farm » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:08 am

Illan wrote:Any other questions you all might have?

So, we could be any starter Pokemon?

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:29 am

Soviet Farm wrote:
Illan wrote:Any other questions you all might have?

So, we could be any starter Pokemon?

I don't see why not :)

I'm not going to impose heavy regulations on what Pokemon you can be. Just no legendaries, naturally. Maybe even final stage evolutions if there is a good reason.
Above even The Boss

Zoboyizakoplayoklot
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Zoboyizakoplayoklot » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:38 am

Illan wrote:
Soviet Farm wrote:So, we could be any starter Pokemon?

I'm not going to impose heavy regulations on what Pokemon you can be. Just no legendaries, naturally. Maybe even final stage evolutions if there is a good reason.

I have a question. Are we going to be playing as one individual Pokemon, or are we going to be playing as the whole party/exploration team.

Tulkomanistan
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tulkomanistan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:01 am

Illan wrote:
Soviet Farm wrote:So, we could be any starter Pokemon?

Can we have some special physical features?

Russian people of america
Senator

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Russian people of america » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:04 am

Tagging, I'm interested.
Call me Russian or RPA.

RP Sample's:
Sengoku Rp
Fading Songs
Shinobi RP

Yes, my nation has a funny name. It was originally a puppet.

I'm Declaring this nation dead. From this moment on it will live on as The Frozen Forest. This is for the sake of convenience, as i want to restart with a new, proper name.

Nova Socrum
Envoy

Founded: Oct 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Socrum » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Tag,sound pretty interesting

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:57 pm

Tag
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:43 pm

Tulkomanistan wrote:
Illan wrote:

Of course, I don't want everybody to be plain copies of each other when it comes to being the same Pokemon :)

I only ask that being shiny is rare still.

And wow, a lot more people were interested than anticipated! I'll put up the framework and setting and let everybody critique and suggest things :D
Above even The Boss

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:51 pm

Illan wrote:
Tulkomanistan wrote:

Of course, I don't want everybody to be plain copies of each other when it comes to being the same Pokemon :)

And wow, a lot more people were interested than anticipated! I'll put up the framework and setting and let everybody critique and suggest things :D

My only experience with anything Mystery Dungeon-esque was an old rp called Eldaron. I'd be glad to help, though! :)
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:54 pm

Mundeo wrote:
Illan wrote:

My only experience with anything Mystery Dungeon-esque was an old rp called Eldaron. I'd be glad to help, though! :)

Anybody else have anything they need to ask? Or just wanna talk about? :3
Above even The Boss

Zoboyizakoplayoklot
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Zoboyizakoplayoklot » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:16 pm

Illan wrote:
Mundeo wrote:My only experience with anything Mystery Dungeon-esque was an old rp called Eldaron. I'd be glad to help, though! :)

Anybody else have anything they need to ask? Or just wanna talk about? :3

Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:
Illan wrote:

I have a question. Are we going to be playing as one individual Pokemon, or are we going to be playing as the whole party/exploration team.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse