NATION

PASSWORD

Nation stats huge change

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
The Ancient Steppe
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Nation stats huge change

Postby The Ancient Steppe » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:27 pm

I don't know if this is the correct board to post in but my nation's expenditure stats completely changed and I got 5 or so banners for no reason
before I got the latest issue
Before I had about 59% of my funding went to military, 23% went to law enforcement and the other 18% or so went to education
My income tax was 2% and my private vs government economy was 95:5

Now my stats are COMPLETELY different. All I did was chose the underground building option for the capital city issue

I doubt such massive changes could have happened from a single policy so I'm guessing there was a bug

pls fix
Last edited by The Ancient Steppe on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:01 am

The Ancient Steppe wrote:My income tax was 2% and my private vs government economy was 95:5
If your government had a very small budget to begin with, then it makes sense that allocating even a little more money to certain departments (in absolute terms) would cause a huge shift in government priorities (in relative terms). Though since the government remains pretty small, this shouldn't have too much effect on your other stats. Exactly which stats are you complaining that changed, and how?

Hyfling
Minister

Founded: May 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hyfling » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:09 am

I chose that option, long ago.

I don't think it was a bug, that issue does change government expenditure a lot, probably the most out of all the options.

Palakistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Palakistan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:47 pm

Hyfling wrote:I chose that option, long ago.

I don't think it was a bug, that issue does change government expenditure a lot, probably the most out of all the options.

Yup. My taxes went though the roof for that issue.
My stats are frozen at 10%
I annoy lots of people with my views. Sorry abou' that.

Your worst In Character enemy should be your best Out Of Character friend.
- to you who said that: genius!

The Ancient Steppe
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ancient Steppe » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:09 pm

The changes were:
International aid 0% - 2%
Industry 0% - 8%
Spirituality 0% - 1.5%
Public transport 0% - 10.6%
Administration 0% - 8.5%
Healthcare 0% - 8%
Military 58% - 30.7%
Education and Law enforcement stayed about the same

I don't understand how 'all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of The Ancient Steppe City' changed all this

I worked hard to get my military spending as high as I did :(
Last edited by The Ancient Steppe on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:04 pm

But what about your analysis stats, as in Defense Forces? Did you look at that?

If your overall government budget doubles while the percentage of that budget dedicated to the military halves, then that really means that you're spending exactly as much on the military as you used to.

Though, granted, building a subterranean fortress citadel does seem like it should be a pro-military option.

The Ancient Steppe
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ancient Steppe » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:39 am

I see what you mean, and it makes sense that stuff like administration and public transport would increase when the amount of government increases
However stuff like international aid and spirituality has literally no reason to increase by moving my government underground

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:04 am

All your government departments are bound to get more costly when you're having to burrow out new offices for them deep underground.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?