NATION

PASSWORD

Silk Road: A Character RP (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Silk Road: A Character RP (OOC)

Postby Modern Europa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:13 am

IC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=352611

The bloodred sun rises above the massive dunes of the Persian desert. A dry, cool breeze is still there, but faint. In under an hour, the sun will have warmed the sand to a temperature of 110o F. Your camel huffs as you climb onto it. A hundred other camels behind you are being ridden or pulled, each carrying almost its own weight in supplies. You are in the Iranian Plateau, and your goal is to reach Bombay by the end of the week. There you will sell your Arabian pottery and spices for tapestries and peppers, which you will ferry to China to sell for silk and rice- maybe you will have enough leftover money to trade for a bamboo boat to take to Japan, where you can hopefully buy the pearls you saw when you made the journey six months prior.

This RP is based on the Silk Road markets in the 1500s. You may choose to be a merchant, a bandit, or a bounty hunter from any country in Africa, Asia, or Europe.
Rules
1. My word is law.
2. Stick to what's possible at the time. No machine guns, and no Sioux Native Americans.
3. Unless I say otherwise, listen to your Co-OPs or face suspension.
4. No Godmodding, flaming, trolling, baiting, shitposting, one-liners or spamming.
5. Don't be a jerk OOC'ly.
6. You can't kill off a character or give them permanently disabling injuries without TGing them for permission.
7. Have fun or die!
8. You may have up to 3 characters.
APPS
First off, let me explain the classes:
Merchant: The most common type of character, these people lead or follow caravans across the deserts and jungles to set up shops in towns or cities for a few hours or days.
Bandit: Without the goods to sell, bandits have decided that they would rather loot other caravans. They mostly travel on fast-moving warhorses.
Bounty Hunter: Also known as assassins, bounty hunters make their fortunes by getting paid to knock off others, often in the service of those who have been cheated or rival merchant caravans.

Now, the apps.

Code: Select all
[box]App
Character name:
Character class:
Group affiliation (optional):
Weapons:
Supplies (list for entire caravan if they are the leader of one):
Goals:
Description:
RP Sample (optional, but recommended):
1817 (Tracker, do not remove) [/box]

Events
Every once in a while, I'll decide to screw up all of your lives with random events, such as a sandstorm hitting your caravan or a group of NPC bandits attacking you, or maybe making you come down with Cholera or some other unsightly disease. However, on some rare occasions, I may help you with these events, for instance, I may have your caravan discover a chest of gold coins and cinnamon or get lost and stumble upon an oasis. It all depends on my mood, so keep me happy! Kidding, I'll probably kill you anyway. Probably.
Last edited by Modern Europa on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:32 am

App
Character name: Henry Cameron Jr.
Character class: Merchant
Location at the start of the RP: In the middle of modern-day Pakistan
Group affiliation (optional): Leader of a Caravan
Weapons: 1 flintlock pistol with 10 shots, 1 2-foot hunting knife
Supplies (list for entire caravan if they are the leader of one): Personal: 1 2-foot hunting knife, 1 flintlock pistol, 10 bullets, 1/2 gallon water jug (full), 1 box of Thyme, 1 box of 500 gold coins, 1 camel (2 humps), 1 saddle and riding set, 1 empty journal and quill + inkwell Caravan: 106 camels, 4 workhorses, 110 riding sets and saddles, 10,000 gold coins, 100 days of food and water, 15 pounds of various spices, 1 Persian tapestry, 79 tents, 10 maps, 10 compasses, 2 sextants, 10 empty barrels, 5 empty crates, 18 empty animal skin bags, 15 matchlock rifles with full shot and 1 full reload each, 5 blank parchment rolls
Goals: Make it to India, then China
Description: 6' 0', tan, slight British accent, very muscular, humorous personality, hazel eyes, copper hair, scar above left eye
RP Sample (optional, but recommended): Will edit in soon
1817 (Tracker, do not remove)

App
Character name: Ali Kouri
Character class: Bounty Hunter
Location at the start of the RP: Southeastern part of modern-day Iran
Group affiliation (optional): None, but is being payed by several Arabic and Chinese merchants.
Weapons: 1 4-foot silver-decorated sword, 1 flintlock pistol, 2 wheel-lock pistols, 1 ceramic grenade, 3 throwing knives, 1 set of brass knuckles with half-inch iron spikes
Supplies (list for entire caravan if they are the leader of one): See above weapons, 1 Arabic warhorse, 10 days of water, 1 compass, 1 sextant, 1 map, 1 booklet on identifying tracks, 5 days of food, 50 gold coins, 1 torch, 1 small box of pearls, 1 tent, 2 pillows, 2 blankets
Goals: Get rich, kill a Persian merchant that cheated one of his Chinese employers out of 70 gold coins.
Description: 6' 1', coppery skin, chestnut eyes, a multitude of scars, face is concealed by a black scarf, has a grim personality, is fully desensitized to gore and has no problem killing for money, is also very, very patient.
RP Sample (optional, but recommended): Will edit in
Last edited by Modern Europa on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danubea (Ancient)
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danubea (Ancient) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:21 pm

App
Character name: William 'Wolf the Bounty Hunter' Fett
Location at the start of the RP: A Venetian slum.
Group affiliation (optional): None, accepts anyone with the right price.
Weapons: 1 Hidden blade, 1 Bladed Chinese duck foot pistol, 1 crossbow.
Supplies (list for entire caravan if they are the leader of one): Personal. 1 Arabian Horse, 4 bags gunpowder, 4 balls, 1 travel guide,12 days of water, 1 compass, 1 map, 7 days of food, 67 gold coins (2 coin purses), 1 torch, 1 blanket and pillow (sleeps on horse) 24 bolts in a quil.
Goals: Wealth and women.
Description: Smooth, Charcoal Black Hair, Missing ring finger, Pale, North Italian Skin, A hooded cloak, trekking boots, satchel, horn canteen.
Last edited by Danubea (Ancient) on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Russian people of america
Senator

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Russian people of america » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:25 pm

Interesting, tagging for now, until I can get an all up
Last edited by Russian people of america on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Russian or RPA.

RP Sample's:
Sengoku Rp
Fading Songs
Shinobi RP

Yes, my nation has a funny name. It was originally a puppet.

I'm Declaring this nation dead. From this moment on it will live on as The Frozen Forest. This is for the sake of convenience, as i want to restart with a new, proper name.

White Whales
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby White Whales » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:41 am

App
Character name: James Chapman
Location at the start of the RP: Paris
Group affiliation (optional): None , but will join a party.
Weapons: 1 bola, 1 chilanum dagger
Supplies (list for entire caravan if they are the leader of one): 1 bola, 1 chilanum dagger, 1 medium sack and 2 small sacks all three tied together, large flask of water, assorted breads, beans and dried fruit, assorted trading equipment, sachel, small flask full of urine and 2,000 gold coins
Goals: Survival
Description: 5 ft 6, medium build, brown eyes, posh english accent, large backpack with assorted sacks and flasks tied onto it, sachel over neck and left arm filled with weaponry, very light brown hair, miserable failure at beard, bounty on head, large unhooked light grey cloak and doesn't feel comfortable peeing outside
Last edited by White Whales on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:12 am

Danubea wrote:
App
Character name: William 'Wolf the Bounty Hunter' Fett
Location at the start of the RP: A Venetian slum.
Group affiliation (optional): None, accepts anyone with the right price.
Weapons: 1 Damascus Steel, 1 hidden blade, 1 Bladed Chinese duck foot pistol, 2 Chakram.
Supplies (list for entire caravan if they are the leader of one): Personal. 1 Arabian Horse, 12 bags gunpowder, 1 travel guide,12 days of water, 1 compass, 1 map, 7 days of food, 67 gold coins (2 coin purses), 1 torch, 1 blanket and pillow (sleeps on horse)
Goals: Wealth and women.
Description: Smooth, Charcoal Black Hair, Missing ring finger, Pale, North Italian Skin, A hooded cloak, trekking boots, satchel, horn canteen.

Accepted!

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:14 am

White Whales wrote:
App
Character name: James Chapman
Location at the start of the RP: Paris
Group affiliation (optional): None , but will join a party.
Weapons: 1 bola, 1 chilanum dagger
Supplies (list for entire caravan if they are the leader of one): 1 bola, 1 chilanum dagger, 1 medium sack and 2 small sacks all three tied together, large flask of water, assorted breads, beans and dried fruit, assorted trading equipment, sachel, small flask full of urine, 2,000 gold coins and grey shire horse with blankets and a pillow attached to it
Goals: Survival
Description: 5 ft 6, medium build, brown eyes, posh english accent, large backpack with assorted sacks and flasks tied onto it, sachel over neck and left arm filled with weaponry, very light brown hair, miserable failure at beard, bounty on head, large unhooked light grey cloak and doesn't feel comfortable peeing outside

Accepted!

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:15 am

Russian people of america wrote:Interesting, tagging for now, until I can get an all up

Good, can't wait.

By the way, I've RPed with yo before. I'm Apoc. *hint hint- Infection RP*

Kaidou
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:17 am

Tag.

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:18 am

Kaidou wrote:Tag.

Excellent. *rubs hands together evilly*

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:30 am

Time to set up the IC, neh?

Danubea (Ancient)
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danubea (Ancient) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:13 am

Modern Europa wrote:Time to set up the IC, neh?

Yeah.

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:58 pm

Danubea wrote:
Modern Europa wrote:Time to set up the IC, neh?

Yeah.

Link at the top of the page.

Oslesh
Secretary

Founded: Aug 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Oslesh » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:04 pm

App
Character name: Kazimir Hajos
Character class: Bandit
Location at the start of the RP: Persia
Weapons: Sword, dager, and bow
Supplies (list for entire caravan if they are the leader of one): Food to last 3 weeks for his entire bandit company (plans to raid for more) arrows for entire company, camels for all few of the company, 15 swords, 15 daggers, 7 bows
Goals: To raid caravans and ammas a wealth from them
Description: Black messy hair, strong muscular build, about 5' 10", and wearing a valuable jewel ring
RP Sample (optional, but recommended): Kazamir had been traveling through the hot and sandy desert with his bandit party and still they had found no merchants. He was beginning to get worried that this entire trip was a total bust. The night before they had set up camp in a relatively calm area, but he still didn't sleep that night. He spent the entire night looking at the stars and thinking about the future that he would have. He knew it would take many more years to amass the wealth he needed to... he decided no to worry about the future and began to think about the now. His bandit party would probably start to desert in a couple days time if they did not find a merchant, so he quickly decided to go due south in the morning where the main hub of activity was located. He mustn't let himself or his party down this time. He had done this so many times before, and he would not taint his name again.
Last edited by Oslesh on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Generation 38 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

King: No chosen one at the moment. A parliament regencyPM: Allen Rodgers
DEFCON: (5) (4)(3)(2)(1)
(1)

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:06 pm

Oslesh wrote:
App
Supplies (list for entire caravan if they are the leader of one): Food to last 3 weeks for his entire bandit company (plans to raid for more) arrows for entire company, camels for all few of the company, 15 swords, 15 daggers, 7 bows
Description: Black messy hair, strong muscular build, about 5' 10", and wearing a valuable jewel ring
RP Sample (optional, but recommended): Kazamir had been traveling through the hot and sandy desert with his bandit party and still they had found no merchants. He was beginning to get worried that this entire trip was a total bust. The night before they had set up camp in a relatively calm area, but he still didn't sleep that night. He spent the entire night looking at the stars and thinking about the future that he would have. He knew it would take many more years to amass the wealth he needed to... he decided no to worry about the future and began to think about the now. His bandit party would probably start to desert in a couple days time if they did not find a merchant, so he quickly decided to go due south in the morning where the main hub of activity was located. He mustn't let himself or his party down this time. He had done this so many times before, and he would not taint his name again.

Accepted. Maybe you could encounter Ali (my Bounty Hunter)?

Oslesh
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Oslesh » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:07 pm

Modern Europa wrote:
Oslesh wrote:
App

Accepted. Maybe you could encounter Ali (my Bounty Hunter)?

Maybe, we will see. ;)
Generation 38 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

(1)

Oslesh
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Oslesh » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:11 pm

Will there be a map? I mean its not exactly needed but there could be one.

(1)

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kwadai » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:17 pm

I'm interested. I just don't know if I'll have time for it.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:41 pm

KwaDai wrote:I'm interested. I just don't know if I'll have time for it.

My fingers are crossed, but don't overexert yourself. I've done it before and it's no fun.

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:46 pm

Oslesh wrote:Will there be a map? I mean its not exactly needed but there could be one.

As soon as I get a moderately O.K. mapmaker, there will be one. Are you okay at making maps? Here's an un-editable one.

Oslesh
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Oslesh » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:50 pm

Modern Europa wrote:
Oslesh wrote:Will there be a map? I mean its not exactly needed but there could be one.

As soon as I get a moderately O.K. mapmaker, there will be one. Are you okay at making maps? Here's an un-editable one.

Nope no experience and I really don't want to try cause I know I will ruin it. :)

(1)

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:54 pm

Oslesh wrote:
Modern Europa wrote:As soon as I get a moderately O.K. mapmaker, there will be one. Are you okay at making maps? Here's an un-editable one.

Nope no experience and I really don't want to try cause I know I will ruin it. :)

Same... plus I don't have an imgur or DeviantArt account so it makes NS mapmaking a long and tedious process just for a not-quite-mediocre map which probably has a bunch of flaws which will take just as long to correct, ultimately leading to me giving up on the map, making people dissatisfied with my service, often leading to dead RPs.

So yeah. I'll get someone else to do it.

Vergenskia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vergenskia » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:26 am

Do we have an approximate year for this?
A szabadság csak a szerzett a vérontást!

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -7.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72

Here we go, Brownies! Here we go!

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:09 am

Vergenskia wrote:Do we have an approximate year for this?

Between 1520 and 1620. More than likely closer to 1520. I will get an official year soon.

Vergenskia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vergenskia » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:52 am

Modern Europa wrote:
Vergenskia wrote:Do we have an approximate year for this?

Between 1520 and 1620. More than likely closer to 1520. I will get an official year soon.

It is important for a character build for me, just to know the type of cultures are where
A szabadság csak a szerzett a vérontást!

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -7.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72

Here we go, Brownies! Here we go!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse