NATION

PASSWORD

Watchers [OOC] [Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Watchers [OOC] [Closed]

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:45 pm

Watchers
A tale of darkness and those who keep it in check

Welcome to the modern era, 2015. All is normal in society. But not for the Watchers.

Humans. We think there's nothing supernatural on this world, nothing magical, nothing truly, truly unknown. Ha! If only that were the case.
What would you say if I told you there were not one, not two, but tens, maybe even hundreds of supernatural species on Earth? You'd probably laugh at me, tell me to stop telling stories, but that is your mistake.
You see, or rather you do not, that there are many, many species that we are not aware of on this planet. Some evil, some neutral, but very few are truly good. Some are mortal, some are not. Some war against each other - vampires and weres, for example - but most are not on our side. We would be extinct or enslaved already, if not for one force - The Watchers.
The Watchers started as one man, back in the ancient times of primitive tribes. This man truly cared for the people of his tribe, and wanted to protect them against an unspeakable evil that had taken over a neighboring tribe. He was the only one who could see this evil in full form, as the supernatural was invisible to all others. In his sleep one night, two very strange objects appeared in his dreams. A top hat and a cane. To us these are normal, but back then, they were unique. He could see they held an unknown power, glowing with purple light. When he awoke, there they were - sitting at the opposite side of his hut. He used these mysterious objects and the knowledge that came with them to defeat the evil, and once he had done so, more knowledge appeared in his head - the ability to create more of these magical objects, and show the evil to others. His tribe became defenders against evil, and passed down their knowledge and power through generations. They fought many evils, and were known by many names. But the evil has grown stronger than ever, and the Watchers must rise to the challenge.

Hello everybody! Welcome to "Watchers", a Fantasy RP about supernatural evil and the heroes who must stop it. You're welcome to RP a Watcher or a member of a neutral or even good Supernatural, but you'll have to create a description of the Supernatural. Do note that I will be more harsh on apps of Supernaturals. Before you apply, do read the box below, if you would.

Weapons of a Watcher

A Watcher has three weapons: His hat, his cane, and his brain. It's up to the Watcher to know when to use what.
The Hat: A Watcher's hat is his shield, a protection from many foes. It creates a web of magic around the wearer, to protect from supernatural attacks. But beware! The Hat will only withstand so many attacks before it can no longer maintain its web.
The Cane: The cane of a Watcher is his sword, his destroyer of foes, Judgement incarnate. It has the ability to manifest pure magic, to strike at any foe. Some Watchers even have the ability to choose what form the magic takes when it manifests, and create a variety of things with their cane. However, the cane must be held to be used, so a Watcher must hold on to his cane at all times.
The Brain: This one should be fairly obvious.

Rules
1. I am the OP. I am god while you reside in this thread.
2. Any Co-OPs I may decide to appoint are also God in this thread.
3. Moderators happen to also be God, so stay out of trouble and follow rule 4.
4. Follow the NS rules, we're on NS people!
5. Don't be an ass, and have fun!

Join Us!

The Watchers are always looking for new members.
Code: Select all
[b]Watcher Application[/b]
(Delete Everything in parentheses before applying, or you will be automatically denied)
(Do not modify the app format in any way or you will be automatically denied)
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height & Weight:[/b]
[b]Appearance and/or Description:[/b]
[b]Brief Bio:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Theme Song (Optional, for those who are aurally minded):[/b]
[b]Likes/Dislikes (Optional, for those who like to really explore their character):[/b]
[b]RP Experience (If None, I will provide you with a writing prompt):[/b]
#WatchTheWatchers (For tracking purposes, do NOT remove)

In all the years of the Watchers, they have yet to find a good species of Supernaturals. Be a neutral or good Supernatural!
Code: Select all
[b]Supernatural Application[/b]
(Delete Everything in parentheses before applying, or you will be automatically denied)
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height & Weight:[/b]
[b]Appearance and/or Description:[/b]
[b]Species Description (Be as detailed as possible!):[/b]
[b]Brief Bio:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Theme Song (Optional, for those who are aurally minded):[/b]
[b]Likes/Dislikes (Optional, for those who like to really explore their character):[/b]
[b]RP Experience (If None, I will provide you with a writing prompt):[/b]
Last edited by The GAmeTopians on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Character List
Archive

Watchers

Supernatural
Last edited by The GAmeTopians on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Reserved by OP. Let the posting begin!

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:00 pm

tag
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:01 pm

Saleon wrote:tag

I grant thee the
Cookie of First Posting!
:)

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:15 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Saleon wrote:tag

I grant thee the
Cookie of First Posting!
can I also have a philosopher's stone? *consumes cookie like veggie monster*

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:18 pm

Saleon wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:I grant thee the
Cookie of First Posting!
can I also have a philosopher's stone? *consumes cookie like veggie monster*

No, sorry. Immortal Saleon would be too much for the world! :D

Mirakai
Senator

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirakai » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:20 pm

I'll just be here
Sister of Isle of Lithonia, and Sister-in-Law of Imperial--Japan
Torture Room Manager of ImperialJapanism
The Princess of Perverts
Crazy Yandere: Scamvidia
Wolfy Waifu: Ulvenes
Pet: Sonitusia
Proud Member of the SOPWHKTNTPBHNIWTP

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:20 pm

Mirakai wrote:I'll just be here

Hi!

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Join this role-play, I shall. Expect an application, you will.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:35 pm

Tag
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:04 pm

I'll be interested in seeing what foe(s) the watchers will be facing first.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:42 pm

Supernatural Application
Name: Alicia Cromwell
Height & Weight:4'2"; 125 lbs.
Appearance and/or Description:

Species Description: Witches often exist as maligned agents, performing dark and forbidden arts. They consign with the creatures of supernatural nature, usually involving the forces of hell, or even the powers of the Fae. Witches are considered evil in nature, or so the popular belief goes, but there are splintered factions with a more good, rather than evil alignment. The most prominent consignments either begin with demons, who are notoriously evil, or Fae-creatures, who often have a mischievous chaotic nature to them. Most magic gained from faeries, usually comes from the more villainous, spirited away type faeries.

The title of "Good" witch is still a looked down upon term. They are commonly defenders of justice who have turned back on teh conventional wisdom of the world, believing the only way to defeat demons, is to become one. “To defeat evil, I must become a greater evil,” stands as the unspoken motto to the Cromwell. Other good witches seemed to have rallied around the same flag.

Witches often have their lives extended through magic. This is a common practice done by even the "good" witches. Many demons believe that the longer a soul writhes on earth, the more deliciously morose it will become. Being killed, or getting stabbed in the head, is still final.

Brief Bio: One defines Cromwell as a dictator who imposed martial law to its fullest. This is true, but what most people don't realize is the underpinnings behind his oppressive rule. Cromwell was, by all definitions, a watcher in his own right. Though, he wasn't exactly a "watcher" in the normative sense. His family lost everything and faded into obscurity after the revolt, causing them to resort to blacker magic to achieve its goals. He committed the greatest sin of the light: He took an oath, a bargain, a contract.

"I, Thomas Cromwell, Proffer up my soul, along with the soul of my kin, to protect the world. I shall become a visage of evil. Mine eyes shall be covered in blackness, and mine heart shall bleed black. I becometh wicked, me and my family."

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, an evil for an evil. Alicia carries this burden, like all who came before her. She has given away her soul to become an emissary of evil. She is a witch. One who contracts with the demons of hell. At the small age of 7, she was given her first spellbook; at the age of 17, she slay her first demon. She holds tight to her staff, and mindful eye of her spells. She has lost everything, as to protect everyone.
Personality: She intentionally tries to appear serious and imposing, often to "compensate" for some of her eccentricities. She gets easily angered, especially when people mention her height. She is easily excitable, and has a difficult time controlling herself. Of her eccentricities, she especially tries to hide her gigantic stomach. She is a glutton, who devours food at a supersonic rate. Your food as well...

She doesn't talk much about herself, as a direct result of her continued studies in magic. She didn't get out to play often, and when she did, she felt like the odd one out. That only intensified when it turned out her "growth spurt" was 2 inches.

She also has a specific, brash behavior in combat. This often contradicts her serious, focused appearance in combat. She often thinks slow, methodical steps waste time which could be used for action. This has had consequences in some instances, but she hasn't learned.
Skills: Her magic focuses on black magic, if you couldn't tell. She has a couple of tricks up her sleeve
  • Control. Control is the basic name for magic which implies dominance over a subject or concept. Alicia has a below average control over dark energy. She can fire out a number of dark shards towards her enemies. She is a fan of the magic missile.
  • Entrapment. Entrapment involves the binding, or encasing of an enemy. Alicia is the weakest at this, but can still summon a chains to bind an opponent in place.
  • calling. Calling is a generally broad term, but mostly covers the enhancement of one's physical abilities through the direct calling of demonic powers. This puts an intense strain on the human body. A last resort.

Theme Song:
Likes/Dislikes:
    likes- food, with her favorite being. italian food, goth-loli clothes, art, hard rock. sweets. Free time. Helping people.
    dislikes- hateful supernaturals, alcohol (actually, her on alcohol is not something anyone wants), honesty, people who waste time thinking of a solution rather than action
RP Experience: EHEG, TKaG: Revival, "Magic, Myths, and Monsters," The Wizards of Zid, Pandora's Requiem, many others.
#WatchTheWatchers
Last edited by Saleon on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:31 am, edited 8 times in total.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Mirakai
Senator

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirakai » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:50 pm

Saleon wrote:Watcher Application
Name: tba
Height & Weight:
Brief Bio: tba
Personality:
Skills:
Theme Song (Optional, for those who are aurally minded):
Likes/Dislikes (Optional, for those who like to really explore their character):
RP Experience (If None, I will provide you with a writing prompt):

Link no work
Sister of Isle of Lithonia, and Sister-in-Law of Imperial--Japan
Torture Room Manager of ImperialJapanism
The Princess of Perverts
Crazy Yandere: Scamvidia
Wolfy Waifu: Ulvenes
Pet: Sonitusia
Proud Member of the SOPWHKTNTPBHNIWTP

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:51 pm

Mirakai wrote:
Saleon wrote:Watcher Application
Name: tba
Height & Weight:
Brief Bio: tba
Personality:
Skills:
Theme Song (Optional, for those who are aurally minded):
Likes/Dislikes (Optional, for those who like to really explore their character):
RP Experience (If None, I will provide you with a writing prompt):

Link no work

and this is why I hate macs

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:16 pm

Giving some consideration on what I'll play.

Supernatural Application
Name: Jessica
Species Description:
Sylph
Sylphs inhabit the air (Germanic spirit)
Brief Bio:
Personality:
Skills:
Theme Song:
RP Experience:
#WatchTheWatchers
Last edited by Harbertia on Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Kylantha
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:44 pm

(---)
Last edited by Kylantha on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:02 am, edited 5 times in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:15 pm

I suggest we all try to have at least one Watcher character in addition to our supernatural characters as the plot focuses on the Watchers.
Tomorrow is made today.

Kylantha
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:25 pm

If Franz is rejected I'll just apply for a Watcher, anyway. I feel that's highly likely, but I'll just try.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:37 pm

Kylantha wrote:If Franz is rejected I'll just apply for a Watcher, anyway. I feel that's highly likely, but I'll just try.

Oh, I wasn't saying that Franz is bad- I too have an app for a supernatural entity. It's best to try.
Tomorrow is made today.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:49 am

Tag. I'll need some time to think up of a character... I have a half-idea so far of what kind of person I'd like to try playing.

EDIT: So what exactly is the age range of Watchers along with their average life-span?
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:58 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Tag. I'll need some time to think up of a character... I have a half-idea so far of what kind of person I'd like to try playing.

EDIT: So what exactly is the age range of Watchers along with their average life-span?

I'd imagine young adult to elder with the life span of the average Human.
Tomorrow is made today.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:15 am

Harbertia wrote:I suggest we all try to have at least one Watcher character in addition to our supernatural characters as the plot focuses on the Watchers.

'Tis what I was hoping for.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:37 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I suggest we all try to have at least one Watcher character in addition to our supernatural characters as the plot focuses on the Watchers.

'Tis what I was hoping for.

I've been in the mood to play something none human so- determining the kind of Watcher I'd play is proving a challenge.
Tomorrow is made today.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Harbertia wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:'Tis what I was hoping for.

I've been in the mood to play something none human so- determining the kind of Watcher I'd play is proving a challenge.

You could play a Supernatural if you want. Also, do you want to Co-OP since this was partly your idea?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse