NATION

PASSWORD

Help with You just sank my spaceship! (issue 424)

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Eniktopork
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 03, 2007
Ex-Nation

Help with You just sank my spaceship! (issue 424)

Postby Eniktopork » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:26 am

Hello,
I am hesitating between 2 and 4.
My current nation's goals are keeping a good environment, advancing science and getting our economy to be a little bit better (our economy used to be the worst!) while keeping our political freedoms and civil rights high.
I don't really care about the military, but I figure somehow 2 could advance science?
I've been thinking about this issue for some days and am still unsure. Thanks in advance!
Last month the Eniktoporkian Navy's flagship scandalously sank while docked in the Lahabana Harbor. After analysis, experts concluded the primary cause was rust from poor maintenance.

1. "Can't you see we need a hand in the navy?" complains Commodore Elaine Obama while directing a diving crew, "How are we supposed to maintain our fleet if our routine maintenance budget is so paltry? Bigtopia has better warships, and you can't tell me they're a martial powerhouse. Grant me as much funding as I need so this doesn't ever happen again."
2. "This only proves that battleships are obsolete," concludes Louis O'Bannon after watching the newest Star Trek movie, "Eniktopork needs weapons to combat the problems of the 23rd, I mean 21st century. We need to start research and development of an interstellar fleet or we'll be left behind in the arms race against... I dunno Klingons?"
3. "I know the real cause of this catastrophe," claims Crazy Boris, your least reliable spy, "Blackacre is obviously behind this attack. The signs of sabotage are everywhere." He takes a swig of vodka before continuing, "The engine explosion was most likely caused by my old nemesis, Ussa Maddox. Give me a free hand and I'll purge the spies that have infiltrated every level of Eniktopork."
4. "You're all ignoring the bigger problem!" shouts a protester outside your office window, desperately trying to catch your attention, "That sunken battleship is polluting the environment horribly. All kinds of chemicals are seeping from the wreckage, and we're doing nothing to clean it up. Instead of building yet another war machine, how about we clean up some of our old messes, starting with this shipwreck."

The An Xileel
Lobbyist

Founded: May 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The An Xileel » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:29 am

I usually take option 2. As far as I know, it raises your Scientific Advancement statistic by a small margin while I never noticed any effect on military-oriented statistics. It also seems to leave environmental beauty and so on unaffected.

Eniktopork
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 03, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Eniktopork » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:22 am

Thanks. I choose 2.

Return to Got Issues?