NATION

PASSWORD

Perry: We Should Allow Guns in Theaters

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Perry: We Should Allow Guns in Theaters

Postby Gauthier » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:57 pm

Rick Perry Wants to Allow Guns in Movie Theaters

In the wake of the Louisiana theater shooting (and no doubt Colorado as well) former governor and current Presidential hopeful Rick Perry declared that he wants people to be allowed to carry firearms in theaters in order to be able to stop potential mass shooters.

Oh yeah, this is another classic Rick Perry Oops. The NRA mentality is telling here. I can just imagine Perry saying, "If Abraham Lincoln was allowed to carry a gun in Ford's Theater he could have shot John Wilkes Booth first and saved his own life!"

Yeah... because what we need is a whole bunch of firearms going off in a darkened theater which may be filled with people.

Oh, and remember this incident where someone was shot dead for the crime of texting and tossing popcorn?

“Popcorn” Shooting Trial Set For March

Yes Rick Perry, we need more people shot dead because they texted, their smartphone went off, or their kids were making noise during showtime.
Last edited by Gauthier on Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

BK117B2
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby BK117B2 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:00 pm

Well, the kind of people who commit murder can already carry in theaters. The people who follow the rules in theaters aren't really a problem

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:03 pm

To that, I would ask Rick Perry why he thinks the government has any right to interfere in the operations of our beloved business owners.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:05 pm

Having everyone armed will only escalate the situation.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Egoman
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Egoman » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:07 pm

We should allow cannons at 3D pirate movies.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:08 pm

Egoman wrote:We should allow cannons at 3D pirate movies.

And for the screening of Saving Private Ryan...
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Scyobayrynn
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Scyobayrynn » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:08 pm

Just start issuing vests for anyone who leaves their house.. I know I'm tempted to invest.
The Gay
Atheist or Agnostic
Muath al-Kaseasbeh Jordanian hero, Muslim martyr.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:09 pm

On one hand if everyone had a gun the shooter would have been killed pretty fast, but as someone has stated it happened in a darkened theater where there could have been a lot of accidental harm done as well. I support the right to carry wherever the hell you want because it can save lives, but some times no matter what needless deaths cannot be avoided. Either way the shooting would have ended badly.
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:10 pm

And while we're at it, lets allow guns in schools, theme parks, hospitals...

I foresee no potential for catastrophe at all!
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:11 pm

Godular wrote:And while we're at it, lets allow guns in schools, theme parks, hospitals...

Theme park games can give away guns as prizes!

Furry Alairia and Algeria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:12 pm

I rather we allow Javelins and Pilums into Movie Theaters, but only for Pompeii.
In memory of Dyakovo - may he never be forgotten - Дьяковожс ученик

I do not reply to telegrams, unless you are someone I know.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:12 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Godular wrote:And while we're at it, lets allow guns in schools, theme parks, hospitals...

Theme park games can give away guns as prizes!

Maybe get freebies at the target shoot games!
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:12 pm

Riiggghhhttt....Because every gun owner is out to kill people!

Criminals. Don't. Follow. Laws.

Plain and simple, if they did then they wouldn't be criminals. A sign can't stop someone who wants to kill. Even if, by some impossible event, all guns disappear from the planet, criminals will find other ways. Stabbings, bombings, strangling, beatings, etc.

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:12 pm

Scyobayrynn wrote:Just start issuing vests for anyone who leaves their house.. I know I'm tempted to invest.

Accidental pun?
Last edited by The Ik Ka Ek Akai on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:13 pm

Merizoc wrote:To that, I would ask Rick Perry why he thinks the government has any right to interfere in the operations of our beloved business owners.

To which Perry would promptly point out your lack of bothering to read or listen to his comments as no implication was made of government interference in order to do such.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:15 pm

Geilinor wrote:Having everyone armed will only escalate the situation.

Not everyone will be armed, and shooting events tend to be about as 'escalated' as possible from the moment they begin. You know, what with the person shooting other people. There's not much further to 'escalate' beyond 'shooting other people'. Tends to be why police respond to people shooting others with gunfire of their own. Because the situation is damn well already escalated.
I'm General Patton.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:15 pm

And I'll say I'm refusing to go into theaters regardless of the gun laws. They're just dangerous death traps for shooters or stabbers.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:16 pm

What a stupid opinion.
#FeelTheBern
Don't call them ISIS/ISIL/IS, call them Daesh. They hate that.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:16 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:And I'll say I'm refusing to go into theaters regardless of the gun laws. They're just dangerous death traps for shooters or stabbers.

And bombers, don't forget bombers. And arsonists.

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:16 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:And I'll say I'm refusing to go into theaters regardless of the gun laws. They're just dangerous death traps for shooters or stabbers.

Really now, this is just irrational fearmongering and paranoia.
#FeelTheBern
Don't call them ISIS/ISIL/IS, call them Daesh. They hate that.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:18 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:
Merizoc wrote:To that, I would ask Rick Perry why he thinks the government has any right to interfere in the operations of our beloved business owners.

To which Perry would promptly point out your lack of bothering to read or listen to his comments as no implication was made of government interference in order to do such.

Mm, right. Of course he wouldn't use the government to force guns on businesses, even if they don't want them. That's way beneath him.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:18 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:

Really now, this is just irrational fearmongering and paranoia.

I've not been much to want to pay $10 for a movie ticket in the first place without shooters picking them as a target.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:20 pm

Merizoc wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:To which Perry would promptly point out your lack of bothering to read or listen to his comments as no implication was made of government interference in order to do such.

Mm, right. Of course he wouldn't use the government to force guns on businesses, even if they don't want them. That's way beneath him.

Oh no, businesses have to let personal vehicles be personal!
The horror! Surely an impending sign of gun-requirement fascism. :roll:
I'm General Patton.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:22 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:

Riiggghhhttt....Because every gun owner is out to kill people!

Criminals. Don't. Follow. Laws.

Plain and simple, if they did then they wouldn't be criminals. A sign can't stop someone who wants to kill. Even if, by some impossible event, all guns disappear from the planet, criminals will find other ways. Stabbings, bombings, strangling, beatings, etc.

Way to miss the point there, Ace.

All of the locations I mentioned are prohibited carry locations even for concealed carry licensees SPECIFICALLY because of the risk for collateral damage. Being fully educated on the subject of gun safety here in Texas (Perry's home state, I might add), I can tell you that allowing free gun carry in any of the mentioned locations would rather swiftly lead to disaster.

So tell me, good sir, how you think having a bunch of frightened people in a dark crowded room will go if they all suddenly have guns?
New to F7? Click here!

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:23 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:
Merizoc wrote:Mm, right. Of course he wouldn't use the government to force guns on businesses, even if they don't want them. That's way beneath him.

Oh no, businesses have to let personal vehicles be personal!
The horror! Surely an impending sign of gun-requirement fascism. :roll:

"Since I was proven wrong, I shall resort to a strawman."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General