NATION

PASSWORD

RIP Phil Walsh

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Nintendo Landia
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

RIP Phil Walsh

Postby Nintendo Landia » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:25 pm

For any Aussies and AFL supporters and particularly any fellow Adelaide Crows fans, leave some comments honouring the life of murdered Adelaide Crows head coach, Phil Walsh.

He was a great coach and great man, turning the club around on and off the field, mentoring man of the youngsters as a close father figure. It's hard to see where the clu can go from here for the rest of the season.

Keyboard Warriors
Minister

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Keyboard Warriors » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:52 am

99% of NS will be like "who the hell is Phil Walsh?"

Anyway, hopefully this tragic yet well-publicized loss of life will be the spark required to sink in the message that depression and family violence affects everybody in Australia, regardless of social and economic standing. Too many people think this is a problem that middle-class families do not experience.
Yes.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:36 am

Keyboard Warriors wrote:99% of NS will be like "who the hell is Phil Walsh?"

Anyway, hopefully this tragic yet well-publicized loss of life will be the spark required to sink in the message that depression and family violence affects everybody in Australia, regardless of social and economic standing. Too many people think this is a problem that middle-class families do not experience.

Or think Bill Walsh already died.

It is indeed sad and we of the US don't like to admit to mental disease.....
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Azorean Lands
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Azorean Lands » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:53 am

Someone wants to share the story?

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:58 am

I read about that on our local news. Horrible situation, really. Any time you have family involved, it seems to feel worse.

From what I read, there was an altercation, and their son attacked and killed his father, injured his mother. I believe they have him in custody currently, and things are proceeding from there.

Linky from CNN International.

The head coach of Australian Football League club Adelaide Crows was killed at his home early Friday morning, according to a statement released by the South Australian Police.

After being called to a domestic disturbance at around 2 a.m. local time, ambulance crews treated Phil Walsh, 55, for multiple stab wounds but he died at the scene. The emergency medical crews alerted the police.

His 26-year-old son, who lived with Walsh and his wife, has been charged with murder. A knife, believed to have been used in the attack, was retrieved from the scene.

Walsh's wife also sustained non-life-threatening injuries and is being treated at the Flinders Medical Centre in the city.

More after - that was just the initial excerpt.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:59 am

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=346507

Already being discussed. I lock this one.

The Blaatschapen - Nationstates Moderator
The Blaatschapen should resign

Return to General