NATION

PASSWORD

First Contact: A Nation RP

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Martian Hegemony
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

First Contact: A Nation RP

Postby The Martian Hegemony » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:45 am

I don't know why we couldn't see the signs. They were right under our noses. UFO sightings went up. Canada, the American Southwest, Brazil, Australia, China, South Africa. Next came the crop circles. The rate for Crop Circles in America went up by 500%. As people began to notice strange trends like these, the signals came. All around the world, amateurs and professionals were picking up one message. One inexplicable, unrecognizable, message. The Internet was dominated by stories of contact and sightings. Forums were flooded with scared reports of abductions and strange lights in the sky. Sure, half of them were fake. But what does that leave the other half? Reality. Bleak, terrifying reality. We were not alone. For months, events like this continued, and we grew used to them. Every once in a while, you'd try to access the internet, and it wouldn't work. Something was messing up the satellites.
The first one appeared off the coast of San Francisco. The next, DC. Then one over Guantanamo Bay. One by one, the massive objects appeared over major cities and open country. Brasilia. Berlin. Paris. London. Tehran. Islamabad. New Delhi. Beijing. Shanghai. Tokyo. Seoul. Pyongyang. Moscow. Saint Petersburg. Cairo. Tripoli. Rio. Dubai. By the end of a three-week period, over a hundred cities had these giant things floating above them. We were scared. With good reason, I'd say.

Rules
1.) All your basic forum rules.
2.) No advertising without my explicit permission.
3.) This is based in the real world. your NS nation DOES NOT APPLY.

Officers and punishments
1.) I'll select a Co-OP or Co-OP's, almighty forum god(s).
2.) I'm the OP, the almighty forum god's boss.
3.) No one is banned, suspended, or on probation right now. Let's hope that stays the fact.

Apps

Code: Select all
Nation App
Nation Name:
NS Name:
Outlook on the aliens:
Doctrine (info in first comment): 

Info
I'll add onto this as I see fit and/or as the need arises.

1.) Doctrines: This is the way you handle stuff. You may have up to two.
-Peace, not war: You literally refuse to use any force.
-War, not peace: You literally refuse to not use any force.
-If you don't have any friends, no one can betray you: You literally have no allies, and that is on purpose.
-Bigger is better: Bigger bombs, bigger planes, bigger forces.
-Quick in, quick out: You don't like extended ground action, so you limit your wars to mostly airstrikes and naval bombardments.
-Prolonged combat means success: Always ready to dig in for the long haul and outlast the other guy.
-Rule the waves, rule the world: You focus pretty much all military funding on naval projects.
-Air supremacy: you focus pretty much all of your military funding on air force projects.
-Rule the land, rule the land: Same as the above two, but with the army and related projects.
-Strength in numbers: You focus your efforts on making tons of allies, both on your level and above.
-Nukez: Self-explanatory. You nuke anything you don't like.
Last edited by The Martian Hegemony on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
5.)Total peace, no conflict, total harmony and no real need for military
4.)Heightened security, spying agencies pick up the effort a little
3.)Air and Space forces are prepared to mobilize within 15 minutes
2.)Entire military can deploy within 3 hours of command, some small conflicts may be happening.
1.)War has begun, parts of the military or entire military are actively fighting
0.)War has reached a peak, entire military is mobilized, nuclear warheads and other WMDs have been launched.

Current DEFCON: 4
THIS NATION IS FT/FFT/FanT. IT DOES NOT USE NS STATS.
Political war in Polaria 2: WON
Nomad War: WON
First Separatist War: WON
Second Separatist War: In progress
First Fascist War of Demalia: Withdrawn due to internal affairs

Proud Leader of the COD. TG for info!

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:33 am

Nation App
Nation Name: the Netherlands, the Kingdom of
NS Name: Plzen, the Republican Confederation of
Outlook on the aliens: Positive outlook, opportunistic and mercantile
Doctrine: Prolonged Combat means Success; Air Supremacy
Last edited by Plzen on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Tricolour
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tricolour » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:40 am

Nation App
Nation Name: France
NS Name: The Kingdom of the Tricolour
Outlook on the aliens: Cautious; friendly at first, but prepared to fight if need be.
Doctrines: Rule the land, rule the land, prolonged combat means success.
Last edited by The Tricolour on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Join Alternis Mundi!

UKCS wrote:Appears right-wing (FKBS) and it also seems French.
NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE!

The Martian Hegemony
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Martian Hegemony » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:13 pm

Nation App
Nation Name: The Democratic Republic of The United States
NS Name: The Martian Hegemony
Outlook on the aliens: Most of the Democratic Party thinks they are here to help or to observe, while most of the Republicans and Libertarians believe that they're going to kill us all. So, the majority of the government is preparing for war.
Doctrine (info in first comment): Quick in, quick out; nukez
2.)Entire military can deploy within 3 hours of command, some small conflicts may be happening.
1.)War has begun, parts of the military or entire military are actively fighting
0.)War has reached a peak, entire military is mobilized, nuclear warheads and other WMDs have been launched.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:18 pm

App completed.

The Martian Hegemony
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Martian Hegemony » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Plzen wrote:Nation App
Nation Name: the Netherlands, the Kingdom of
NS Name: Plzen, the Republican Confederation of
Outlook on the aliens: Positive outlook, opportunistic and mercantile
Doctrine: Prolonged Combat means Success; Air Supremacy

Accepted.

Caribica
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Caribica » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:22 pm

tag

Indhir
Envoy

Founded: Jun 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Indhir » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:22 pm

OOC: I remember watching that "documentary" where you got the image from back in 2013 lol

Nation App:
Nation Name: Great Britain
NS Name: Indhir
Outlook on the aliens: They must be stopped at all costs.
Doctrine (info in first comment): Strength in Numbers, Nukez
Consort and Justice officer of the International East Union
I am a Catholic, Social Democrat, Progressive and Patriot
Pro: Same-Sex Marriage, Pro-Life, Nordic Model Capitalism, Democracy, the SNP, Sinn Fein, Old IRA,
Anti: Fascism, Totalitarianism, Dictatorships, Monarchism, Conservatives, Anti Antifa, Homophobia, Racism, Islamic Extremism, Religious Law

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:26 pm

:(
A lot of defensive apps going up, I see. How unfortunate.

Well, the Netherlands and it's small 80,000-strong military that can't do more than symbolic patrolls and a myriad of vital infrastructure, the loss of any one of which will cripple the country, will just have to find ways to accommodate our... ah... visitor. Pro-extraterrestrial policy.

How many UFOs does it take to blow up 80,000 soldiers?

The Martian Hegemony
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Martian Hegemony » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:35 pm

Plzen wrote::(

Well, the Netherlands and it's small 80,000-strong military that can't do more than symbolic patrolls and a myriad of vital infrastructure, the loss of any one of which will cripple the country, will just have to find ways to accommodate our... ah... visitor. Pro-extraterrestrial policy.

One of the ones you see in the image on the OP comment. I'm planning on those being all but indestructible. A hundred or so smaller ones, or a few hundred of the 'fighters'. Basically, Earth would be outmatched if a war were to break out.

The Martian Hegemony
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Martian Hegemony » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:35 pm

Indhir wrote:OOC: I remember watching that "documentary" where you got the image from back in 2013 lol

Nation App:

Accepted.

Yeah, it was a cool drocumentary, but don't use the strategy they use, at least not until the end.
Last edited by The Martian Hegemony on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:43 pm

The Martian Hegemony wrote:One of the ones you see in the image on the OP comment. I'm planning on those being all but indestructible. A hundred or so smaller ones, or a few hundred of the 'fighters'. Basically, Earth would be outmatched if a war were to break out.

If one of those gigantic UFOs decide to blow up the Zuiderzeewerken, which wouldn't be too hard to do if those things are even one-tenth as strong as they look like, I'm looking at 5~8 million deaths. From a country of 16.2 million total. Not to mention that our biggest cities will be basically gone.

You can imagine how anxious I am to make sure I stay on good terms with the aliens.
Last edited by Plzen on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indhir
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Indhir » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:44 pm

The Martian Hegemony wrote:
Indhir wrote:OOC: I remember watching that "documentary" where you got the image from back in 2013 lol

Nation App:

Accepted.

Yeah, it was a cool drocumentary, but don't use the strategy they use, at least not until the end.

I dont know. Guerilla warfare and the ultimate sacrifice is a smart way to do it. Anyway, since we have nations and military in this lotsa lotsa nukes are gonna be flying.
Pro: Same-Sex Marriage, Pro-Life, Nordic Model Capitalism, Democracy, the SNP, Sinn Fein, Old IRA,
Anti: Fascism, Totalitarianism, Dictatorships, Monarchism, Conservatives, Anti Antifa, Homophobia, Racism, Islamic Extremism, Religious Law

The Martian Hegemony
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Martian Hegemony » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:23 pm

Plzen wrote:
The Martian Hegemony wrote:One of the ones you see in the image on the OP comment. I'm planning on those being all but indestructible. A hundred or so smaller ones, or a few hundred of the 'fighters'. Basically, Earth would be outmatched if a war were to break out.

If one of those gigantic UFOs decide to blow up the Zuiderzeewerken, which wouldn't be too hard to do if those things are even one-tenth as strong as they look like, I'm looking at 5~8 million deaths. From a country of 16.2 million total. Not to mention that our biggest cities will be basically gone.

You can imagine how anxious I am to make sure I stay on good terms with the aliens.

That's like an ant saying it wants its ant colony to stay on good terms with the insect exterminator. They literally won't notice your pleas of help as you die. And they won't have any sympathy, in fact they will probably have very few thoughts at all on your deaths.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:13 pm

Plzen wrote:If one of those gigantic UFOs decide to blow up the Zuiderzeewerken, which wouldn't be too hard to do if those things are even one-tenth as strong as they look like, I'm looking at 5~8 million deaths. From a country of 16.2 million total. Not to mention that our biggest cities will be basically gone.

That's like an ant saying it wants its ant colony to stay on good terms with the insect exterminator. They literally won't notice your pleas of help as you die. And they won't have any sympathy, in fact they will probably have very few thoughts at all on your deaths.

Ah... But my IC government don't know that yet.

Right now, we still assume that they can be negotiated with.

The Tricolour
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tricolour » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:29 am

Plzen wrote::(

France is willing to talk with the aliens, but is ready and prepared for a fight.
Join Alternis Mundi!

The Tricolour
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tricolour » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:30 am

Plzen wrote:If one of those gigantic UFOs decide to blow up the Zuiderzeewerken, which wouldn't be too hard to do if those things are even one-tenth as strong as they look like, I'm looking at 5~8 million deaths. From a country of 16.2 million total. Not to mention that our biggest cities will be basically gone.

So they've come here to kill us?
Join Alternis Mundi!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:03 am

Nation App
Nation Name: Israel
NS Name: Faal Lot Himdah
Outlook on the aliens: As long as they leave them alone, their fine. Basically Israel doesn't care what they do as long as it isn't killing Jews or messing with their home. They are ready to fight to defend the Promised Land.
Doctrines: Nukez, Prolonged combat means success
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:58 am

The Tricolour wrote:
The Martian Hegemony wrote:That's like an ant saying it wants its ant colony to stay on good terms with the insect exterminator. They literally won't notice your pleas of help as you die. And they won't have any sympathy, in fact they will probably have very few thoughts at all on your deaths.

They're here to complete their mysterious agenda, and if we want to stay alive, we better get out of their way as they do whatever they need to.

The Martian Hegemony
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Martian Hegemony » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:43 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Nation App
Nation Name: Israel
NS Name: Faal Lot Himdah
Outlook on the aliens: As long as they leave them alone, their fine. Basically Israel doesn't care what they do as long as it isn't killing Jews or messing with their home. They are ready to fight to defend the Promised Land.
Doctrines: Nukez, Prolonged combat means success

Accepted.

The Martian Hegemony
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Martian Hegemony » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:46 pm

Plzen wrote:
The Tricolour wrote:

They're here to complete their mysterious agenda, and if we want to stay alive, we better get out of their way as they do whatever they need to.

Most likely agendas:
  • Wipe us out and use our planet as a strategic base
  • Wipe us out and take our resources
  • Take our resources and leave us to wipe ourselves out
  • Use us as the largest labor force ever
  • Ignore us while surveying the system
  • Enlighten us on the secrets of the universe and give us efficient fusion, 99.9% effective solar panels, warp drive, and an all-around cure for everything while turning Earth into a self-sufficient ecological paradise

I'm hoping for one of the last two, the last one in particular.

The Martian Hegemony
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Martian Hegemony » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:43 pm

So I won't be here from July 6th-11th. I'll select two Co-OP's to run things while I'm away.

Edit: if they choose to accept it, Plzen and The Tricolour will be my new Co-OP's. If anyone has any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace.
Last edited by The Martian Hegemony on Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:44 pm

Can't be Co-OP during that time, since I'll be traveling a lot.

Will be glad to be one after that, though.

Indhir
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Indhir » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:13 am

The Martian Hegemony wrote:So I won't be here from July 6th-11th. I'll select two Co-OP's to run things while I'm away.

Edit: if they choose to accept it, Plzen and The Tricolour will be my new Co-OP's. If anyone has any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Since Plzen can't do it, I'll temporarily take his place.

The Martian Hegemony
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Martian Hegemony » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:30 am

Indhir wrote:
The Martian Hegemony wrote:So I won't be here from July 6th-11th. I'll select two Co-OP's to run things while I'm away.

Since Plzen can't do it, I'll temporarily take his place.

Okay. You are now granted the powers of being a temp. Co-OP!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse