NATION

PASSWORD

The Birth of Aegis [Superhero] (IC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

The Birth of Aegis [Superhero] (IC/Open)

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:36 am

OOC:

This thread is related to the Gods Among Us thread, but set five years prior to the events being written there now.

The OOC/Signup thread can be found here:

The Story so Far...

America is not in a great state. They have fought off an Alien Invasion and an evil entity calling itself a God. To make matters worse, the city of 'Los Santanas' (OOC: Los Angeles) has been exposed to a massive dose of radiation thanks to a nuclear strike from North Korea. The world's only superhero team, Taskforce Yggdrasil has been shattered due to the death of several key members, the disappearance of the team's leader and the resignation of other members who felt that Yggdrasil was setting itself up to be above the law.

Las Santanas is now a wasteland, with all the surviving civilians evacuated, though something, a super-weapon, is hidden in the city. Soon the city will become a battleground once again...

The Golden Horn, San Francisco

It was a bar, nothing fancy, but well lit. There was a long counter with eight bar stools, but only one middle aged man drinking alone. He looked like a cop, Alice decided, and didn't look too interested in her.

On the other side of the bar, next to the window, were a row of tables that gave way to a series of booths as you went further in. The booths held big, comfortable, fawn colored leather couches. Each booth would hold six people at a squeeze, seven if you drew up a chair from one of the tables.

The barman looked up as she entered. He looked her over, seeing a petite, pretty girl with sable-brown hair and equally dark eyes. She wore jeans, a red shirt and a fawn cardigan, in short, she looked completely normal. It took him a few moments to realize who she was. His eyebrows shot up as she approached the bar, "Are you one of those...?"

Alice smiled brightly. Being something of a celebrity was fun, though she imagined it would get tiring after a while, still, the Meta-human community had done a damned good job at alienating themselves of late. She had a duty to help humanize them, "Not so loud." she laughed, "But yes, I was one of the ones who went up that tower."

"You're the one they're calling 'the Watcher', right?" he asked.

Alice nodded, "Alice Kosa." she introduced herself, "A pleasure to meet you, Sir."

"What was it like?" the barman asked.

It had been terrifying, Alice had been caught out alone, had tried to coordinate a fighting retreat with a few others and had just about buried herself under a tonne of falling concrete, which had been the only way to not get eaten by a horde of hungry zombies, "Like World War Z." she said, "The movie, not the book."

"Huh." clearly that hadn't been quite what the barman had expected.

"Can I get a Pinot Noir please? I might have a few friends coming in, I'm going to take the booth at the far end, but if you could direct them that way, it would be really appreciated." she could see the mute inquiry on his face as she paid for her drink, "Yes, that kind of friend." she gave him another bright smile, retreating to the booth at the far end. She had invited people here for a drink, but the reality was she had a plan. Yggdrasil had failed her country and the world. Atlas, their leader, had said there were no heroes. Alice disagreed. She was going to provide the world with an aegis and give it the heroes it needed... they just didn't know it yet.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talion Union
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:12 pm

Bishop Creele walked through the door, his dusty boot heels clicking against the floor. He looked over to the barman, who quickly directed him to Alice. He sat at the booth, tipping his hat. "Afternoon, Alice. What're we meetin' up fer"?

Miles away, in an abandoned Bunker, a dark swirling mass of Nanites surrounded a cylindrical pod. The man in the pod was barely clinging to life anymore. The Bunkers reactor was the only thing providing power.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:51 pm

"We're alive right?" Alice gave Bishop one of her more winning smiles, "Is that not reason enough to meet up?"

That obviously wasn't everything, there was a sparkle in her eyes that suggested she was up to something. Doubtless all would be revealed shortly. She motioned to a seat opposite herself, "Get yourself a drink and come join me. I've got to apologize, I haven't been the best of company for the past few days. The doctors said I had 'Acute Radiation Syndrome' from the battle of Los Santos."

She waited for Bishop to get himself something to drink before saying, "I never did get to thank you properly for you stepping in with Iroquois. I wasn't in much of a position to do anything and I quite expected Sony to go on hitting him, even with me in the way. Our fellow Meta-humans seem to have a very cavalier attitude towards such things as collateral damage and justice."

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:27 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:"We're alive right?" Alice gave Bishop one of her more winning smiles, "Is that not reason enough to meet up?"

That obviously wasn't everything, there was a sparkle in her eyes that suggested she was up to something. Doubtless all would be revealed shortly. She motioned to a seat opposite herself, "Get yourself a drink and come join me. I've got to apologize, I haven't been the best of company for the past few days. The doctors said I had 'Acute Radiation Syndrome' from the battle of Los Santos."

She waited for Bishop to get himself something to drink before saying, "I never did get to thank you properly for you stepping in with Iroquois. I wasn't in much of a position to do anything and I quite expected Sony to go on hitting him, even with me in the way. Our fellow Meta-humans seem to have a very cavalier attitude towards such things as collateral damage and justice."

Billy grunted. He hadn't spoken to any of the others, and he refused to do so at all. Their brand of 'justice' was disgusting, and Billy wanted no part of it. "I wasn't gonna let them tear a man apart like that." He downed his drink in one gulp. "That's not justice."
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:09 pm

"No." Alice said firmly, "It isn't. We have been given unusual gifts, but too many people are using them in a way that undermines our society. I am talking about the ones who go out and use their powers to rob and murder, but I am also talking about the ones who claim to be working in the cause of what is right, but who do things that undermine the fabric of society. That little display we say back in Los Santos, that was every bit as evil as what most of the ones we call villains do. Worse in some respects - the damage it does to society is more insidious."

Well Bishop was drinking fast. That might make her plan easier for him to swallow, not that she was especially worried he would, some of the others would be more difficult, "So what are your plans for after this?" she asked, taking a dainty sip of her wine, "Got anywhere you need to go when your time in San Francisco is over?"

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:34 pm

"Got one. Little down called Lakesside down South. Got personal business." He motioned for the bartender to leave the whole bottle. "Come with me if you want."

A man in a charcoal grey shit and pink tie came into the bar. He seemed to be looking for someone. Two men in tactical gear followed behind him, rifles ready. The man had a suitcase with him.
Last edited by Talion Union on Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:26 pm

"Well, it depends on what your personal business is." Alice said, with a slight smile, "I would like to work with you, but I need to know where you stand on some issues..."

She trailed off as she saw the armed men enter the bar, "Well that's interesting, something tells me these guys aren't here to talk about my appearance on good morning America. Stay here and cover me if things go South. I think the guy at the bar is a cop."

She stood up, already mentally gearing up to throw up a telekinetic shield if someone opened fire on her, "I hope those weapons are registered with the DoJ." she said with a bright smile, "Are you gentlemen looking for someone in particular or just somewhere for a quiet drink?"

Alice gambled they were looking for either her or Bishop. If they were after one of them it made sense for Alice to go out in front - if it came to shooting they would want the fire being poured onto one of her telekinetic shields, not into Bishop. She really hoped it didn't come to shooting. There were civilians about, and while she could throw up an energy shield, she couldn't be sure where a bullet would go when it ricocheted off.

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:40 pm

Creele already had his hand on his gun when the door opened. "Some fancy man and his hired goons. Business type, probably corporate. Probably looking for us."

One of the bodyguards raised his weapon, but the suited man stopped him. "That will not be necessary." He extended his hand forward. "Miss, if you could lower your telekinetic shields? They will not be necessary." He smiled. "These two are only here for my security." He extended his hand. "My name is William, William Verso. You might know me?" He smiled again.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:02 pm

"I don't have a shield up yet." Alice pointed out, "And you don't need armed guards with assault weapons to talk to me, I only ever offer violence as a last resort."

She was suspicious of people who brought that kind of firepower into a chat. It implied they were worried about violence, which in turn meant that either they planned on forcing your decision, or they though that whatever they were about to say could be the catalyst for violence. Neither was an option Alice particularly liked... but it would be rude not to hear the man out. She extended a hand, "Alice Kosa." she introduced herself, motioning back towards the booth she had been sitting in, "My associate is Mister Bishop Creele. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Mister Verso. Now, what can we do for you today?"

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:17 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:"I don't have a shield up yet." Alice pointed out, "And you don't need armed guards with assault weapons to talk to me, I only ever offer violence as a last resort."

She was suspicious of people who brought that kind of firepower into a chat. It implied they were worried about violence, which in turn meant that either they planned on forcing your decision, or they though that whatever they were about to say could be the catalyst for violence. Neither was an option Alice particularly liked... but it would be rude not to hear the man out. She extended a hand, "Alice Kosa." she introduced herself, motioning back towards the booth she had been sitting in, "My associate is Mister Bishop Creele. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Mister Verso. Now, what can we do for you today?"

"Well, I'm an important man. And I must always travel with security." He followed them back to their booth. "As you can tell, this isn't a personal call. "I'm here on behalf of the North American Branch of Apex Developmental Sciences." He took out a business card. "And I hear you two helped save the world. I came here today to ask for a favor of you two." He straightened his tie. "My company was working on a revolutionary new invention. Nanites. Tiny little robots to do a variety of tasks. We were trying to create a new tool for the United States government, but during the crisis, we lost it. I would like to ask you two to assist us in making sure it doesn't cause any harm, and help us bring it in safely." He opened his briefcase, and there were files, and a form. "Of course, we will need to ask you to sign this form stating that anything you see down there remain.....well, secret. Company policy." He placed a pen on the table. "Gives me your price. I want to know how much it will take to hire you two brave heroes to help us."
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Asukunari
Secretary

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Asukunari » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:36 pm

StarEye walks into the bar, holding her umbrella as usual. She walks towards the bar, twirling her umbrella around for a bit before closing it, and putting it to her side, smiling. She reaches the bar and talks to the bartender. "Hello, I would like one Sex On The Beach, please." StarEye says, she gives the bartender her driving license and winks. The bartender just gives her a strange look and starts to make her drink.

"Uhh...what is with the umbrella?" the bartender asks, "You know, it isn't raining out, not even a sprinkle, hell it isn't even cloudy."

"Oh...I just really sensitive skin, the sun really burns me up, I hate it, that is why I always carry an umbrella." StarEye says, she always uses this lie, in reality, small amounts of sunlight over an extended period of time burns up The Empress' soul shard, if that goes out, so does StarEye.

"Well, here is your drink then, might wanna pick up some skin lotion at a pharmacy or something, that will help with your skin issue." the bartender says, handing StarEye her martini. "Thanks" she says, handing him the cash, she then walks over to the table, next to the one where these two people were making a deal, of some sort...
Not all of Asukunari's views match mine.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:19 pm

Talion Union wrote:"Well, I'm an important man. And I must always travel with security." He followed them back to their booth. "As you can tell, this isn't a personal call. "I'm here on behalf of the North American Branch of Apex Developmental Sciences." He took out a business card. "And I hear you two helped save the world. I came here today to ask for a favor of you two." He straightened his tie. "My company was working on a revolutionary new invention. Nanites. Tiny little robots to do a variety of tasks. We were trying to create a new tool for the United States government, but during the crisis, we lost it. I would like to ask you two to assist us in making sure it doesn't cause any harm, and help us bring it in safely." He opened his briefcase, and there were files, and a form. "Of course, we will need to ask you to sign this form stating that anything you see down there remain.....well, secret. Company policy." He placed a pen on the table. "Gives me your price. I want to know how much it will take to hire you two brave heroes to help us."

"That all sounds very reasonable." Alice pursed her lips thoughtfully, "Though I am still wondering why your security are armed for storming the Bastille, rather than being the usual men in dark suits with pistols tucked down the back of their pants." she gave a wry half smile, suspecting, rightly or wrongly, that Verso had thought she or Bishop had the potential to be the kind of rabid Meta-human she so deeply disliked. It was probably fair, her kind had caused a lot of destruction recently.

"Anyway, these nanites. I am happy to be of assistance." she said, "But I have one question first - why us?"

"I mean, I'm not sure about Mister Creele here, but I don't have any knowledge of robotics. It isn't really an interest of mine. It strikes me that you might have better success at collecting your nanites if you sent in a dedicated employee armed with a high-powered vacuum cleaner."

Asukunari wrote:StarEye walks into the bar, holding her umbrella as usual. She walks towards the bar, twirling her umbrella around for a bit before closing it, and putting it to her side, smiling. She reaches the bar and talks to the bartender. "Hello, I would like one Sex On The Beach, please." StarEye says, she gives the bartender her driving license and winks. The bartender just gives her a strange look and starts to make her drink.

"Uhh...what is with the umbrella?" the bartender asks, "You know, it isn't raining out, not even a sprinkle, hell it isn't even cloudy."

"Oh...I just really sensitive skin, the sun really burns me up, I hate it, that is why I always carry an umbrella." StarEye says, she always uses this lie, in reality, small amounts of sunlight over an extended period of time burns up The Empress' soul shard, if that goes out, so does StarEye.

"Well, here is your drink then, might wanna pick up some skin lotion at a pharmacy or something, that will help with your skin issue." the bartender says, handing StarEye her martini. "Thanks" she says, handing him the cash, she then walks over to the table, next to the one where these two people were making a deal, of some sort...

"Of all the people in this bar, there is one who stands out from the others." another woman had discreetly entered the bar. This one was tall, 5'8'', with pale skin and striking blue eyes. She wore a black leather jacket over a white tank top, dark hair falling in an unruly cascade down her back. She wore jeans, and despite the urge to try to tower over everyone in six inch stiletto heels, black combat boots. For whatever reason, she was also wearing leather gloves.

Without waiting to be asked, she pulled out a chair, seating herself at StarEye's table. She leaned forward allowing herself to speak in barely more than a whisper, "You've just walked into a bar with two heavily armed gentlemen at the door and casually ordered yourself a drink. You've then seated yourself within eavesdropping distance of a known mutant, one of the few humans capable of going toe to toe with all the mutants and augmented people who seem to define this age and the guy who almost certainly brought the gunmen."

She leaned back again, studying StarEye for a reaction, "I think that you are either a fan of one of these two, or you are a part of the community of Meta-humans. How are my deductive skills today?" she asked. There was a brief moment when Alice looked across, the woman at StarEye's table smiled, getting a nod of recognition in return - those two clearly knew each other.

Asukunari
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Asukunari » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Talion Union wrote:"Well, I'm an important man. And I must always travel with security." He followed them back to their booth. "As you can tell, this isn't a personal call. "I'm here on behalf of the North American Branch of Apex Developmental Sciences." He took out a business card. "And I hear you two helped save the world. I came here today to ask for a favor of you two." He straightened his tie. "My company was working on a revolutionary new invention. Nanites. Tiny little robots to do a variety of tasks. We were trying to create a new tool for the United States government, but during the crisis, we lost it. I would like to ask you two to assist us in making sure it doesn't cause any harm, and help us bring it in safely." He opened his briefcase, and there were files, and a form. "Of course, we will need to ask you to sign this form stating that anything you see down there remain.....well, secret. Company policy." He placed a pen on the table. "Gives me your price. I want to know how much it will take to hire you two brave heroes to help us."

"That all sounds very reasonable." Alice pursed her lips thoughtfully, "Though I am still wondering why your security are armed for storming the Bastille, rather than being the usual men in dark suits with pistols tucked down the back of their pants." she gave a wry half smile, suspecting, rightly or wrongly, that Verso had thought she or Bishop had the potential to be the kind of rabid Meta-human she so deeply disliked. It was probably fair, her kind had caused a lot of destruction recently.

"Anyway, these nanites. I am happy to be of assistance." she said, "But I have one question first - why us?"

"I mean, I'm not sure about Mister Creele here, but I don't have any knowledge of robotics. It isn't really an interest of mine. It strikes me that you might have better success at collecting your nanites if you sent in a dedicated employee armed with a high-powered vacuum cleaner."

Asukunari wrote:StarEye walks into the bar, holding her umbrella as usual. She walks towards the bar, twirling her umbrella around for a bit before closing it, and putting it to her side, smiling. She reaches the bar and talks to the bartender. "Hello, I would like one Sex On The Beach, please." StarEye says, she gives the bartender her driving license and winks. The bartender just gives her a strange look and starts to make her drink.

"Of all the people in this bar, there is one who stands out from the others." another woman had discreetly entered the bar. This one was tall, 5'8'', with pale skin and striking blue eyes. She wore a black leather jacket over a white tank top, dark hair falling in an unruly cascade down her back. She wore jeans, and despite the urge to try to tower over everyone in six inch stiletto heels, black combat boots. For whatever reason, she was also wearing leather gloves.

Without waiting to be asked, she pulled out a chair, seating herself at StarEye's table. She leaned forward allowing herself to speak in barely more than a whisper, "You've just walked into a bar with two heavily armed gentlemen at the door and casually ordered yourself a drink. You've then seated yourself within eavesdropping distance of a known mutant, one of the few humans capable of going toe to toe with all the mutants and augmented people who seem to define this age and the guy who almost certainly brought the gunmen."

She leaned back again, studying StarEye for a reaction, "I think that you are either a fan of one of these two, or you are a part of the community of Meta-humans. How are my deductive skills today?" she asked. There was a brief moment when Alice looked across, the woman at StarEye's table smiled, getting a nod of recognition in return - those two clearly knew each other.

StarEye smiles, she giggles a bit, before taking a sip of her martini, "You are really good at guessing, you know?" she whispers. "Alright, I am a Meta-human, you are correct, but I am different then those other metas."

StarEye then leans back, taking another sip of her martini, feeling the sweet, intoxicating taste go down her mouth, feeling unsure if she should tell the two what sets her apart from your ordinary, run of the mill superhuman.

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:03 pm

Asukunari wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

StarEye smiles, she giggles a bit, before taking a sip of her martini, "You are really good at guessing, you know?" she whispers. "Alright, I am a Meta-human, you are correct, but I am different then those other metas."

StarEye then leans back, taking another sip of her martini, feeling the sweet, intoxicating taste go down her mouth, feeling unsure if she should tell the two what sets her apart from your ordinary, run of the mill superhuman.

Versos chuckled. "Well, it isn't as easy as you make it sound. This is military hardware we're talking about. And I had a feeling your telekinetic abilites would be best suited for such an operation." A big smile formed on his face. He pulled out a second file and slid it over. "This might help you decide." Creele opened it. His face sent pale. "A-Alice....you might want to see this. The folder contained images of a familiar man, sitting at a bench in a park, staring away from the camera. Iroquois.

Just then, a second woman came in. When she did, one of the body guards raised his weapon. Verso tapped him on the leg, ordering him to lower his gun. "Why must you do that to everyone we meet?" He lowered his rifle. "My apologies, Mr. Verso. You just can't be sure." He looked over at this other woman. "A friend of yours?"
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Asukunari
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Asukunari » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:17 pm

Talion Union wrote:
Asukunari wrote:

Versos chuckled. "Well, it isn't as easy as you make it sound. This is military hardware we're talking about. And I had a feeling your telekinetic abilites would be best suited for such an operation." A big smile formed on his face. He pulled out a second file and slid it over. "This might help you decide." Creele opened it. His face sent pale. "A-Alice....you might want to see this. The folder contained images of a familiar man, sitting at a bench in a park, staring away from the camera. Iroquois.

Just then, a second woman came in. When she did, one of the body guards raised his weapon. Verso tapped him on the leg, ordering him to lower his gun. "Why must you do that to everyone we meet?" He lowered his rifle. "My apologies, Mr. Verso. You just can't be sure." He looked over at this other woman. "A friend of yours?"

StarEye sips her martini again. "Well, I have heard of a woman named The Watcher...yet I never seen anything that depicts her appearance...no photos, no news stories, no videos...." StarEye says, placing her martini glass on the table, and smiling. "I also heard that she has some good psychic powers, so..." before StarEye finishes her sentence, she leans towards Alice and whispers "You must be The Watcher."

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:46 pm

Asukunari wrote:

"It is something you develop given enough time." the woman replied with an amused smile, "My name is Laurel. You might say I am a de facto member of Creele and Kosa's splinter Meta-human club. I mostly just show up for the parties."

"They let me stick around because I'm pretty handy with a revolver or a sword." she said, skipping over most of the better reasons - the healing blood, the enhanced eyesight and hearing, the ability to tear portals to another dimension, "I would love to hear what you can do, but I have something I need to do first. I will be right back."

If StarEye chose to watch her, 'something she needed to do' would turn out to be a tequila shot at the bar, followed by a long island ice tea which she brought back to the table. She didn't seem even remotely interested in the business discussion going on at the next table.

Talion Union wrote:Versos chuckled. "Well, it isn't as easy as you make it sound. This is military hardware we're talking about. And I had a feeling your telekinetic abilites would be best suited for such an operation." A big smile formed on his face. He pulled out a second file and slid it over. "This might help you decide." Creele opened it. His face sent pale. "A-Alice....you might want to see this. The folder contained images of a familiar man, sitting at a bench in a park, staring away from the camera. Iroquois.

"The Chinese one I don't know." Alice replied, "The tall one who sounds kinda British is Laurel Alaunus. She's another mutant who fought at the tower. Amazing regenerative powers, also can open dimensional rifts." Laurel hadn't shared the fact that she was Faie with anyone but Iroquois, Alice understood a little about her, she had seen her in action, but didn't understand the source of her power.

Alice looked at the picture. She had known he was alive, had found Iroquois' last message, but hadn't shared it with anyone yet. She had been worried it would make it look like she was complicit in his escape from custody, "Remember when he jumped and I said it wouldn't surprise me if he was still alive?" she said instead, "I honestly hadn't expected to see his image again so soon, when was this taken?"

The picture was interesting, but she wasn't sure what Versos wanted her to do with it. Even if she knew exactly where Iroquois, she wasn't sure she would go there. If he wanted to see her (or more realistically, wanted to see Laurel), he could track them down easily enough. She also felt no great compulsion to hunt him down for his crimes - He had committed murder, but he had helped save the world and to say thank you his team-mates had beaten him to within an inch of his life, healed him, then repeated the process. The memory still made Alice feel sick... The man had been punished enough. Wherever he was, Alice hoped he was finding redemption and wasn't about to go back to the murdering Meta-humans for money. She wasn't hugely optimistic about that, people tended to do what they were good at.

Asukunari wrote:StarEye sips her martini again. "Well, I have heard of a woman named The Watcher...yet I never seen anything that depicts her appearance...no photos, no news stories, no videos...." StarEye says, placing her martini glass on the table, and smiling. "I also heard that she has some good psychic powers, so..." before StarEye finishes her sentence, she leans towards Alice and whispers "You must be The Watcher."

"Hmmm?" the other woman's voice broke through her train of thought, "You've missed those?" she looked up at StarEye, snapping he folder closed as she did - Her association with an assassin who specialized in killing Meta-humans was one thing she didn't want the world to know, "I'm appearing on 'Good Morning America' in a few days. I imagine I'll be quite unmistakable after that!" she gave the newcomer a polite smile. Unlike Laurel, she hadn't picked up an immediate Meta-human vibe.

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:59 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Asukunari wrote:

"It is something you develop given enough time." the woman replied with an amused smile, "My name is Laurel. You might say I am a de facto member of Creele and Kosa's splinter Meta-human club. I mostly just show up for the parties."

"They let me stick around because I'm pretty handy with a revolver or a sword." she said, skipping over most of the better reasons - the healing blood, the enhanced eyesight and hearing, the ability to tear portals to another dimension, "I would love to hear what you can do, but I have something I need to do first. I will be right back."

If StarEye chose to watch her, 'something she needed to do' would turn out to be a tequila shot at the bar, followed by a long island ice tea which she brought back to the table. She didn't seem even remotely interested in the business discussion going on at the next table.

Talion Union wrote:Versos chuckled. "Well, it isn't as easy as you make it sound. This is military hardware we're talking about. And I had a feeling your telekinetic abilites would be best suited for such an operation." A big smile formed on his face. He pulled out a second file and slid it over. "This might help you decide." Creele opened it. His face sent pale. "A-Alice....you might want to see this. The folder contained images of a familiar man, sitting at a bench in a park, staring away from the camera. Iroquois.

"The Chinese one I don't know." Alice replied, "The tall one who sounds kinda British is Laurel Alaunus. She's another mutant who fought at the tower. Amazing regenerative powers, also can open dimensional rifts." Laurel hadn't shared the fact that she was Faie with anyone but Iroquois, Alice understood a little about her, she had seen her in action, but didn't understand the source of her power.

Alice looked at the picture. She had known he was alive, had found Iroquois' last message, but hadn't shared it with anyone yet. She had been worried it would make it look like she was complicit in his escape from custody, "Remember when he jumped and I said it wouldn't surprise me if he was still alive?" she said instead, "I honestly hadn't expected to see his image again so soon, when was this taken?"

The picture was interesting, but she wasn't sure what Versos wanted her to do with it. Even if she knew exactly where Iroquois, she wasn't sure she would go there. If he wanted to see her (or more realistically, wanted to see Laurel), he could track them down easily enough. She also felt no great compulsion to hunt him down for his crimes - He had committed murder, but he had helped save the world and to say thank you his team-mates had beaten him to within an inch of his life, healed him, then repeated the process. The memory still made Alice feel sick... The man had been punished enough. Wherever he was, Alice hoped he was finding redemption and wasn't about to go back to the murdering Meta-humans for money. She wasn't hugely optimistic about that, people tended to do what they were good at.

Asukunari wrote:StarEye sips her martini again. "Well, I have heard of a woman named The Watcher...yet I never seen anything that depicts her appearance...no photos, no news stories, no videos...." StarEye says, placing her martini glass on the table, and smiling. "I also heard that she has some good psychic powers, so..." before StarEye finishes her sentence, she leans towards Alice and whispers "You must be The Watcher."

"Hmmm?" the other woman's voice broke through her train of thought, "You've missed those?" she looked up at StarEye, snapping he folder closed as she did - Her association with an assassin who specialized in killing Meta-humans was one thing she didn't want the world to know, "I'm appearing on 'Good Morning America' in a few days. I imagine I'll be quite unmistakable after that!" she gave the newcomer a polite smile. Unlike Laurel, she hadn't picked up an immediate Meta-human vibe.

"This was taken yesterday, somewhere in the northern United States. If your help us, we'll tell you whatever you need to know about him. I.....realize you two had a history together, and the look on your face confirms it." He shifted in his booth. "You won't be going after the Nanites alone. We have a small task force at the scene, trying to retrieve the asset as well. Now, please, name your price."
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Asukunari
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Asukunari » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:15 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Asukunari wrote:

Suddenly, StarEye heard a beeping noise in her head, it was alarmingly loud, and she almost threw herself on the floor, due to the noise causing her to have a bad headache, but she remained focused.

She then heard a voice in her head, it was a very familiar voice...it was Gr'bychki, the Cvitioii War General that she met a while ago. "Hello, Empress? Hello?" he said, quiet enough so that only Stardust could hear it.

"Oh, I uhhh...need to use the bathroom, be right back!" StarEye says, she gets up and walks to the bathroom, locking herself in a stall.

"Who is this?" StarEye says, she is completely shocked by what is happening, they never said anything about putting a chip in her brain to track her down, she wanted to get angry at the Cvitioii, but then she remembered that she was their Empress who cared about them.

"It is I, Gr'bychki, you remember me, I was there when we abducted you." He said, pausing to take a quick cough, clearing his throat, he continues to speak. "We have been listening to the conversation you were having with those metas, in the bar, and we are very interested in their plans - we want you, Empress, to join up with them...we strongly believe that is the right step to take, for us, for you, Empress, and your glorious nation."

"But, but, I just met the-" but before StarEye can finish her sentence, she is cut off by Gr'bychki.

"Empress, it is what the people want, when you team up with them and destroy all sources of evil on earth, you are doing it for the Cvitioii, this is the choice our Empress would make if she was never reduced to a part of you. She cares about us, and you are our new Empress, so follow her actions." Gr'bychki says.

"Okay, Gr'bychki." StarEye says, letting out a confused sigh.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:21 pm

Talion Union wrote:"This was taken yesterday, somewhere in the northern United States. If your help us, we'll tell you whatever you need to know about him. I.....realize you two had a history together, and the look on your face confirms it." He shifted in his booth. "You won't be going after the Nanites alone. We have a small task force at the scene, trying to retrieve the asset as well. Now, please, name your price."

"You still haven't said why you need me to tackle some nanites." Alice pointed out, "I'm not going to commit to this until I know that, though I think I can give you a price without too much difficulty."

"I'll let the members of my team set their prices individually." She continued, "But there are two things I want, neither of which is money. Firstly I want a military grade CBRN suit. We'll need those anyway for going into Los Santos, but I want to keep mine. The second thing I want is a truck with CBRN protection. The bigger the truck, the better."

Asukunari
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Asukunari » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:25 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Talion Union wrote:"This was taken yesterday, somewhere in the northern United States. If your help us, we'll tell you whatever you need to know about him. I.....realize you two had a history together, and the look on your face confirms it." He shifted in his booth. "You won't be going after the Nanites alone. We have a small task force at the scene, trying to retrieve the asset as well. Now, please, name your price."

"You still haven't said why you need me to tackle some nanites." Alice pointed out, "I'm not going to commit to this until I know that, though I think I can give you a price without too much difficulty."

"I'll let the members of my team set their prices individually." She continued, "But there are two things I want, neither of which is money. Firstly I want a military grade CBRN suit. We'll need those anyway for going into Los Santos, but I want to keep mine. The second thing I want is a truck with CBRN protection. The bigger the truck, the better."

StarEye comes out of the bathroom stall and washes her hands with soap and water...despite not actually using the toilet for...you know. She then comes out of the bathroom and sits back down at her table.

"Sooo...what are we talking about, and what was that photo suppose to be?" StarEye asks, keeping her voice down.

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:43 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:

"These Nanites, they are......peculiar. They are military grade, capable of doing nasty things if left unattended. They were built to last, and to outlast. They are unpredictable, and very dangerous. They were designed to make short work of infantry and vehicles, but we are confident that a pair of Metas will make quick work and without heavy casualties."

Creele spoke up. "I want $50,000. That's enough for my retirement. Wanna buy a ranch someday."
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Zatak
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:10 am

Funny how people can be so eager to fight in light of all the recent tragedy we faced. never before have i led this army in hopes of winning a war but merely in hoping that i could save lives. Yet lives are nothing but the belief that there is something worth living for which in all honesty i have never found. You all label me as a monster for what i did yet i call myself a man.. A man who merely did as was ordered by my superiors but they will never admit that... Where is guilt and where is innocence? I did not kill civilians out of order but out of accident yet there are some here who would do it merely for they are in the way. True evil is never born Master.. We can only create it and create it i have not... I was taught it...

Enzo walked down the cold, dark street of the small town he had called his temporary home. There were no big attractions and it was small but it was perfect for him as it was the perfect place to hide from the U.S. Government, Superheroes, assassins, Ghosts, Spiders, Aliens, Nuclear missiles, bats, The letter C, The letter B, The number 4, His one cousin and most importantly the worst thing he could face here... Angry mobs.

While his list of things to hide from was more then stupid it did give a glimpse into the man now known as V who at one point was one of Ontario's best hero's operating out of the Niagra-Hamilton region. He was specialized in working with local law enforcements in drug busting and gang raid operations and while he had no team he found that this was fine. Then the day came... They were so much more powerful then anyone could imagine.... They were United and working as a machine to systematically take out the Hero one by one.

V was one of the hero who joined the villains when it all went down... So many were hurt.. So many were crying all because of what he would do but he never really cared. After it all though V was left in the dirt for dead.. He would move to America in a chance to run and hide. This was all he could really remember as most of his memories from then had been lost in time to his mind but what he did know was that he loved hurting them... He loved causing pain to others and even if it was merely there blood on him that he could taste it was good enough for him.

Enzo continued to walk down the street, His eyes were bloodshot and cold while his face was shrouded in darkness from his hood that covered all but his small, sinister smile that seemed to always be plastered on his face. This was his first sign of insanity that one would and could notice about the man as he grabbed his last John Players from his jacket and lite it for nothing more but enjoyment in the small wrapping of chemicals he kept buying week after week.

One could only hide for so long before people notice you and while he had done of good job at making himself look dead one knows that this is never permenant and that soon he would be found by someone and hunted down. The world saw him as a villain and to him there was no real way to change that but even if he could why would he? He enjoyed death itself and if that was a villain to them then he guessed that it truly was what he is inside.

Enzo sat down on the small bench for a minute as he threw the small cigarette to the ground before crushing it beneath his shoe, Leaving him back in the darkness of himself as he sat there with his cold smile as if waiting for something to come. He looked still in terrible shape as he stared down at his hand, Itself covered in a bit of dried blood before he looked up to the sky just trying to pass the time before fate came to him with a dagger and cross...
want a embassy in zatak just click the link below
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=276378

Contact the Zatakian Government at: zatagovtele@hotmail.com

Follow the Zatakian Government On twitter!!!: https://twitter.com/ZatakGovernment

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:20 am

Special Second Lieutenant Scott Kerr didn't have much time for uniforms. Indeed, he considered a subject of pride that he could make the most sharply creased and pressed No. 1 Dress look as casual as an obscene t-shirt and jeans the moment he put it on. He suspected the designers of his personal fireproof combat uniform had - as much as for any consideration of utility - made it skintight so that it was utterly impossible for him to crumple. And for once, Scott had no intention of trying. He loved that suit; it made his muscles look bigger in the mirror.
This morning the man the world better knew by his callsign 'Cinder' was looking more casual than usual, wearing the same t-shirt, jeans and leather jacket from the previous evening, completing the ensemble with a pair of Wayfarer sunglasses to round off the impression of a rockstar staggering home from a cocaine binge.
Which actually wasn't far off the mark.
It wasn't until Scott actually pushed through the bar's front door that he even noticed the suit with the couple of toy soldiers, by which point soldier number one had already spun round and levelled some member of the AR-15 family at his head. Crap.
With eyes flickering our oink the room, rapidly processing every detail for a possible tactical advantage, Scott tried to decide whether he could get burning hot enough to melt bullets before Goon #1 decided to pull the trigger. Probably not. His stare found Alice and Creele shot them a silent "What do we do now?" look through Goon #2's elbow.
Last edited by Ularn on Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:29 am

Ularn wrote:Special Second Lieutenant Scott Kerr didn't have much time for uniforms. Indeed, he considered a subject of pride that he could make the most sharply creased and pressed No. 1 Dress look as casual as an obscene t-shirt and jeans the moment he put it on. He suspected the designers of his personal fireproof combat uniform had - as much as for any consideration of utility - made it skintight so that it was utterly impossible for him to crumple. And for once, Scott had no intention of trying. He loved that suit; it made his muscles look bigger in the mirror.
This morning the man the world better knew by his callsign 'Cinder' was looking more casual than usual, wearing the same t-shirt, jeans and leather jacket from the previous evening, completing the ensemble with a pair of Wayfarer sunglasses to round off the impression of a rockstar staggering home from a cocaine binge.
Which actually wasn't far off the mark.
It wasn't until Scott actually pushed through the bar's front door that he even noticed the suit with the couple of toy soldiers, by which point soldier number one had already spun round and levelled some member of the AR-15 family at his head. Crap.
With eyes flickering our oink the room, rapidly processing every detail for a possible tactical advantage, Scott tried to decide whether he could get burning hot enough to melt bullets before Goon #1 decided to pull the trigger. Probably not. His stare found Alice and Creele shot them a silent "What do we do now?" look through Goon #2's elbow.

"Well, this seems to be the place to be to find Metas." Verso chuckled. "Well, come on in! I'm assuming you're another friend of Miss Kosa?"
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:46 am

Talion Union wrote:"Well, this seems to be the place to be to find Metas." Verso chuckled. "Well, come on in! I'm assuming you're another friend of Miss Kosa?"

Scott scowled past the rifle muzzle at the suit, being reminded of a very similarly dressed and accompanied man who had once called at his family's house almost eight years ago, a few days after a particular school rugby championship. His goons had been better camouflaged though; more like the Men in Black than these guys looked like they'd just stepped in off the streets of Basra. Back then he'd been a terrified, helpless child. Nowadays he could set people on fire with his mind.
"If you know Capes then you already know who I am," he replied steadily. Scott hadn't kept a low profile in San Fran. The fact he was Cinder had been public knowledge since he'd blown his own cover in a bar years ago, and he'd spent the last three nights using that reputation to his advantage - loudly and extravagantly. Saving the world had its perks, and it wasn't possible for anyone with even a passing interest in superhumans to have missed the fact he was in town. "You followed friends of mine to lunch and you came here with guns, so you want to skip pretending we might be mates and tell me what you want?"
Last edited by Ularn on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse