NATION

PASSWORD

Dawn Of A History (OOC/Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Dairoji
Attaché

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Dawn Of A History (OOC/Closed)

Postby Dairoji » Mon May 18, 2015 2:45 pm

Greetings delinquents of II! I've had an idea in my head for a while about the different and exciting ways that I could make up my nations glorious history. So many different variables to take into account, famous figures, historical relations with foreign nations, etc. It was almost impossible to decide what I wanted to do with such a nation full of potential. So I decided with my brilliant mind, that why not make this an adventure for everyone! I think it would be a splendid idea to openly develop my nations history with the kindhearted pacifists *cough* of the nationstates forum. Of course, this would mean that you'd be willing to make it a part of canon that our nations interacted in a way, but that's all the fun. Why stop there though? If you want, you can RP a character from your own nation that made a significant or small impact on Dairojan history or/and society as a whole. It doesn't even necessarily have to be from your nation, but can even be Dairojan as well.

Now unfortunately, some outcomes I'll have to have set in stone. I mean, we wouldn't be having any more RP's about my history if Dairoji never became independent in the first place? Now I wont have any massive wars/invasions against my nation early in our history. I mean, I can hardly think of a reason why that would even be necessary (unless you can give me a very good reason). No scrubs are going to be launching WMD's or any of those shenanigans either, so throw those thoughts out the window. You know who you are.

For the first attempt at getting my history going, I'll be going through a period of time that I named The Dairojan War Of Restoration. To be brief, it's a colonial uprising in Dairoji, by the mainly Dairojan garrison. When the old Dairojan Kingdom was annexed 65 years prior, the nobility were stripped of their titles, and their serfs freed. That might sound all well and good. Yay, civil rights and all that mojo. For Dairojan nobility however, that was some serious shenanigans, and infuriated them to no end. Of course, Dairoji had just been annexed by a superior force of considerable size. It was rather prudent of them to bide their time before acting.

Imperial--Japan (which also happens to be my main, but I don't use it for political RP) which had overextended over the last three decades, was engaged in a series of wars that required the reduction of Imperial forces to fight its foes abroad. This left a power gap, and so a mainly Dairojan militia was raised to defend the 'colony'. With a weakening Imperial grip on the nation, and its apparent defeat in its current wars approaching, the ousted Dairojan nobility gathered to issue their own declaration of independence.

This is where the RP would start. Assuming nobody wants to play a Dairojan noble of some sort (I'll only allow a few people I deem fit to be Dukes/Duchess'. Likely good RP'ers.), I can take up the role of forging the declaration myself. It would obviously need to be something that the Dairojan people would initially rally behind. Prior to their annexation, Dairojan's took great national pride in their monarch. I'll throw that out there.

Following the declaration, Dairojan nobles would/can seek the aid of foreign nations in recognition of the fledgling state. Many nobles can trace their bloodline back to the original monarch's of House Alexandrine, and following the war, that could become the cause for a serious debate. That's a time for a future chapter though. For now, the nobility gathers to determine the future of a new state, and seeks to oust the foreigners from Dairojan lands. Battles will occur, alliances will be forged, but in the game of thrones.....

You either win, or you die.

(Couldn't avoid the reference)

Map Of Dairoji

Quick Notes:

- When battles occur, they will be played out mainly from the views of characters, with the occasional update to inform players on how a battle is progressing.
- Technology is WW2 era for now. So if your nation in the past had WW2 era equipment, you are of course eligible. Anything past cold war era equipment is ineligible for now.
- The years for the uprising is 1931-1934
- Don't make a Dairojan noble, but actively hinder us to benefit your own nation. (Unless you can give me a good reason.) Dairojan's are very nationalistic.
- Dairoji CAN LOSE the uprising. However, post-war Imperial Japan will abandon the nation to its own devices, claiming it's too costly to maintain control over.
- I will be RP'ing Imperial forces.
- Please, if you're aiding militarily, no flippin' 200,000 man armies coming at us. Keep it reasonable.
- Non-Dairojan's are ineligible to be Nobles.

Code: Select all

[b]Nation Name:[/b]

[b]Government Type:[/b]

[b]Total Population:[/b]

[b]Who do you support? (Imperial--Japan, Or Dairoji?):[/b]

[b]Motive/Reason for support?:[/b]

[b]How will you aid the faction you align with? (Militarily, Humanitarian, both, etc):[/b]

[b]In what quantities will you provide your method of support?:[/b]

[b]RP Example:[/b]

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Sex:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Faction: (Imperial--Japan, Dairoji, <Insert Foreign nation here>[/b]

[b]Strengths (You must have an equal number of strengths and weaknesses of the same caliber):[/b]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Social Status (Noble, Conscript, Knight, etc.):[/b]

[b]Personality Type:[/b]

[b]Nation Of Origin:[/b]

[b]Physical Appearance/Image:[/b]

[b]Biography (At least one paragraph):

[b]RP Example:[/b][/b]

[b]The following only applies to nobles[/b]
House Name:[/b]

[b]Sigil:[/b]

[b]Status before Imperial Annexation?:[/b]

[b]Rank:[/b]

RULES:
  • Got a problem with a player? Take it to that player in TG to resolve it.
  • NO godmodding.
  • Act out your violent fantasies elsewhere. I'd like to keep it PG-13 here.
  • Have Fun.

On that note, I'm absolutely delighted to answer any and all questions you may have. I'm always open to suggestions on how to improve RP quality.
Last edited by Dairoji on Fri May 22, 2015 2:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
II Puppet of Imperial--japan
IC'ly called the Holy Kingdom of Erebonia.

South Orelsia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby South Orelsia » Mon May 18, 2015 2:52 pm

Nation Name: Republic of South Orelsia

Government Type: Unitary Presidential Republic

Total Population: 4,000,000

Who do you support? (Imperial--Japan, Or Dairoji?): Imperial Japan

Motive/Reason for support?: We view this rebellion as a betrayal of trust by the Dairojians and trust is something that the Orelsians have deep respect for.

How will you aid the faction you align with? (Militarily, Humanitarian, both, etc): Militarily and Financially

In what quantities will you provide your method of support?: 8,450 men and $2,000,000 in aide

RP Example:
President Robert Orthello was hunched over his polished wooden desk, deeply engrossed in the two letters he had received both of which had different views of the other. A knock at the door tore his attention towards it, before beckoning the knocker to come inside, who turned out to be Victor Kitengi, the Foreign Minister, holding several light brown packets.

"Mr. President, this situation requires the deepest of thoughts if we are to make our mark on the world. Not that I mean to put pressure on you" Kitengi said as he stepped inside, his black skin glistening with sweat from the unusually hot summer "Here are the two folders you requested" he added, offering them which Orthello took

"Thank you" Robert muttered, taking a cigarette from a packet on the table and lighting it "This certainly is a unique situation isn't it, a rebel faction wanting independence from an oppressive communist regime...remind you of anything?" he asked, indicating the brutal civil war his own nation had faced to secure independence. He took a deep puff of his cigarette "It is obvious that must help the rebels but how? From what I can tell, reaching them would require a very large transport fleet to keep the men fed and I'm afraid we just don't have that capability, especially since we are still recovering." He ran his hand through his curled black hair , the stress was turning it into a glistening sliver colour "Perhaps a small insertion force? Nothing too fancy just a group that can perform to the best of their abilities, I'd say a thousand men should do, maybe less..."

"Mr. President, we could conduct airstrikes on the communist positions to lighten the pressure that the communists have put upon the rebels then use this as a means to distract them while we send a force to the rebels." Kitengi suggested, his voice becoming drained of energy

"How would we get the jets there? We do not own aircraft carriers and from what I can tell it will be a long flight there..." he looked down to the floor before quickly rising his head "Perhaps the jets fly to Ehrenkost and land on rebel airfields so that they won't need to be stationed upon non-existent ships? Use that airtanker we have to keep them running all the way..." he took a quick puff of his cigarette before pulling out a map "Then we send 1st Battalion Zaire Rifles and 4th Battalion Southern Artillery, A-through-D battery, to the southern most coast pf the Elda Isle which would give them some rest before they are sent towards the mainland! Send word to the mentioned troops and mobilise SORS Halix, SORS Seton and the ROS Hamilton to prepare for the men and artillery for transport and have the SORS Stroud, SORS Steinbeck, SORS Orwell and SORS Wingham and tell them to protect the transports..." he paused before taking another puff of his cigarette before looking up at Kitengi "NOW!" he ordered, startling the poor man and sent him running out of the office.

Robert took a seat at his desk and began writing some letters:

To: ELA Prime Minister Nathan Bohil

Greetings from South Orelsia, we have heard of your struggle against oppressive tyranny and we couldn't help but be reminded of our own civil war to escape the tyrannical Premier Keshibi Nashori and establish a free and equal society. And it is with this experience that we have decided to send help to you in your hour of need as no one stood for us in our hour of need, we wish for no rebel cause that wants justice and democracy to go without support, yours being a prime example of one that needs it. Please be aware that an expedition force of around 1,000-1,300 men should be arriving on the southern-most coast of Elda within the week where we will set about adapting to the location before moving onto the mainland. We also find it imperative to inform you that we will be sending strike aircraft to Elda so that we can launch strikes on the mainland to release the pressure upon you, so an airfield would be greatly appreciated. We wish you the best of luck in this war and I can assure you, we will win.

Signed: President Robert Orthello

Dairoji
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dairoji » Mon May 18, 2015 2:56 pm

South Orelsia wrote:Nation Name: Republic of South Orelsia

Government Type: Unitary Presidential Republic

Total Population: 4,000,000

Who do you support? (Imperial--Japan, Or Dairoji?): Imperial Japan

Motive/Reason for support?: We view this rebellion as a betrayal of trust by the Dairojians and trust is something that the Orelsians have deep respect for.

How will you aid the faction you align with? (Militarily, Humanitarian, both, etc): Militarily and Financially

In what quantities will you provide your method of support?: 8,450 men and $2,000,000 in aide

RP Example:
President Robert Orthello was hunched over his polished wooden desk, deeply engrossed in the two letters he had received both of which had different views of the other. A knock at the door tore his attention towards it, before beckoning the knocker to come inside, who turned out to be Victor Kitengi, the Foreign Minister, holding several light brown packets.

"Mr. President, this situation requires the deepest of thoughts if we are to make our mark on the world. Not that I mean to put pressure on you" Kitengi said as he stepped inside, his black skin glistening with sweat from the unusually hot summer "Here are the two folders you requested" he added, offering them which Orthello took

"Thank you" Robert muttered, taking a cigarette from a packet on the table and lighting it "This certainly is a unique situation isn't it, a rebel faction wanting independence from an oppressive communist regime...remind you of anything?" he asked, indicating the brutal civil war his own nation had faced to secure independence. He took a deep puff of his cigarette "It is obvious that must help the rebels but how? From what I can tell, reaching them would require a very large transport fleet to keep the men fed and I'm afraid we just don't have that capability, especially since we are still recovering." He ran his hand through his curled black hair , the stress was turning it into a glistening sliver colour "Perhaps a small insertion force? Nothing too fancy just a group that can perform to the best of their abilities, I'd say a thousand men should do, maybe less..."

"Mr. President, we could conduct airstrikes on the communist positions to lighten the pressure that the communists have put upon the rebels then use this as a means to distract them while we send a force to the rebels." Kitengi suggested, his voice becoming drained of energy

"How would we get the jets there? We do not own aircraft carriers and from what I can tell it will be a long flight there..." he looked down to the floor before quickly rising his head "Perhaps the jets fly to Ehrenkost and land on rebel airfields so that they won't need to be stationed upon non-existent ships? Use that airtanker we have to keep them running all the way..." he took a quick puff of his cigarette before pulling out a map "Then we send 1st Battalion Zaire Rifles and 4th Battalion Southern Artillery, A-through-D battery, to the southern most coast pf the Elda Isle which would give them some rest before they are sent towards the mainland! Send word to the mentioned troops and mobilise SORS Halix, SORS Seton and the ROS Hamilton to prepare for the men and artillery for transport and have the SORS Stroud, SORS Steinbeck, SORS Orwell and SORS Wingham and tell them to protect the transports..." he paused before taking another puff of his cigarette before looking up at Kitengi "NOW!" he ordered, startling the poor man and sent him running out of the office.

Robert took a seat at his desk and began writing some letters:

To: ELA Prime Minister Nathan Bohil

Greetings from South Orelsia, we have heard of your struggle against oppressive tyranny and we couldn't help but be reminded of our own civil war to escape the tyrannical Premier Keshibi Nashori and establish a free and equal society. And it is with this experience that we have decided to send help to you in your hour of need as no one stood for us in our hour of need, we wish for no rebel cause that wants justice and democracy to go without support, yours being a prime example of one that needs it. Please be aware that an expedition force of around 1,000-1,300 men should be arriving on the southern-most coast of Elda within the week where we will set about adapting to the location before moving onto the mainland. We also find it imperative to inform you that we will be sending strike aircraft to Elda so that we can launch strikes on the mainland to release the pressure upon you, so an airfield would be greatly appreciated. We wish you the best of luck in this war and I can assure you, we will win.

Signed: President Robert Orthello

Accepted. Welcome aboard mate.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon May 18, 2015 5:53 pm

Name: Lidev Valxohr

Sex: Female

Faction: Dairoji

Strengths: Attractive. Strong. Loyal heart. Sharp eye.

Weaknesses: Usually has her head in the clouds. Never fired a rifle yet.

Social Status: Conscript

Personality Type: Very down-to-earth.

Nation Of Origin: N/A

Physical Appearance/Image: Crimson hair, red eyes with cat-like pupils. Six feet tall with a very pronounced figure.

Biography: Lidev is a traveler. She never likes to spend time in one place for too long, and as such has a very mysteriously scarce past. She settled down in Dairoji for at least a year before the conflict, and had played around with the idea of leaving the country. Still, she was drafted before she was able to escape. Trained just like all the others; she had little doubt that she'd be sent to frontlines. With the war coming fast, she thought about what kind of things she would see. How would it go? Would she be able to stand her ground against the Imperials? She was just one soldier. Surely she didn't believe she'd make much of a difference on her own, but she'd do her part.

RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=288782
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Dairoji
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dairoji » Mon May 18, 2015 6:24 pm

Monfrox wrote:Name: Lidev Valxohr

Faction: Dairoji

Strengths: Attractive. Strong. Loyal heart. Sharp eye.

Weaknesses: Usually has her head in the clouds. Never fired a rifle yet.

Social Status: Conscript

Personality Type: Very down-to-earth.

Nation Of Origin: N/A

Physical Appearance/Image: Crimson hair, red eyes with cat-like pupils. Six feet tall with a very pronounced figure.

Biography: Lidev is a traveler. She never likes to spend time in one place for too long, and as such has a very mysteriously scarce past. She settled down in Dairoji for at least a year before the conflict, and had played around with the idea of leaving the country. Still, she was drafted before she was able to escape. Trained just like all the others; she had little doubt that she'd be sent to frontlines. With the war coming fast, she thought about what kind of things she would see. How would it go? Would she be able to stand her ground against the Imperials? She was just one soldier. Surely she didn't believe she'd make much of a difference on her own, but she'd do her part.

RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=288782

We talked about your app, I know you. Accepted.
Last edited by Dairoji on Mon May 18, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Army Republic of Prussia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Army Republic of Prussia » Mon May 18, 2015 10:45 pm

I did a nation and character so that I can be active in the rp while the supplies are en route to Dairoji, and it's going to take a while before any Prussian supplies arrive. Consider my character early Prussian forces to scout out the situation.

Nation Name: The Army Republic of Prussia
Government Type: Stratocracy, rule by the army.

Total Population: 60 Million

Who do you support? (Imperial--Japan, Or Dairoji?): Dairoji

Motive/Reason for support?: Prussia sees Imperial- Japan as a rival, but acknowledges that we do not have the logistics to annex any Pacific islands. Giving islands their freedom will weaken Japan, improve Prussia’s reputation, plus small islands will put up less resistance than Japan when Prussia gains the ability to begin annexion.

How will you aid the faction you align with? (Militarily, Humanitarian, both, etc): Militarily and financial.

In what quantities will you provide your method of support?: Prussian can only offer a few thousand troops due to our small navy and tensions on the home front, however there is a wolf pack of U-boats near the island and we are willing to gift a million dollars in aide, as the war goes on we may direct more wolf packs and offer loans to Dairojia.

RP Example:
Hans’s squad moved through the streets of the bombed out city while artillery and machine gun fire sounded off in the distance. They swept their rifles back and forth across the street looking for any enemies. Hans silently repeated the last word of the speech he heard last night, “if we die today we die for Prussia!” as he marched through the street.
They came to a door and Hans’s squad assumed their positions. Hans would kick down the door while the rest covered him. He backed up a little bit and kicked the door with all his might, before rushing in and sweeping the room with his rifle. Nothing, Hans let out a sigh of relief, before the sound of glass put him on edge again. It came from upstairs.
He went up the stairs, rifle in front of him his comrades behind him. He tried going up silently but his jackboots made a sharp trump no matter how lightly he tried stepping, telling any soldiers that he was getting closer. When he reached the top he saw a door at the end of a short hall. He walked up to it as his comrades assumed their positions. He tightened his grip on his rifle as he repeated in his mind “if we die today we die for Prussia!”
He let out a breath and kick down the door, leveling his rifle with his finger on the trigger. He almost fired when a scream rang out. Regaining his composter he looked for the source of it and was relieved when he saw a woman with her daughter, cowering with fear.
He marched towards them singling his rifle over his back and unstrapped his gas mask. He looked down at them and smiled. He said “Do not fear, for you are under the protection of glorious Prussia now.”

Name: Hauptmann Lore Hollmann

Faction: (Imperial--Japan, Dairoji, <Insert Foreign nation here> Dairoji

Strengths (You must have an equal number of strengths and weaknesses of the same caliber): Accurate, camouflage, highly trained, recon.

Weaknesses: Weak close up, limited support(until Prussian ships arrive she only has her seven Jaegers and what the locals can give her), cold with those she doesn't know, only speaks German.

Social Status (Noble, Conscript, Knight, etc.): Prussian Jaeger(elite sniper), no social status in Dairoji.

Personality Type: Cold around those she is unfamiliar with, disciplined.

Nation Of Origin: The Army Republic of Prussia

Physical Appearance/Image: 160cm tall with a military buzz cut with black hair and blue eyes.

[b]Biography (At least one paragraph): She was born in rural Prussia with four brothers. Their father took them on hunting trips where she quickly became the best shot in the family. At 18 she enlisted in the army with two of her brothers and found her way into the Jaegers for her shooting talent. After months of grueling training she became a Jaeger and has proven her skills in several missions. Now her mission is to see if rumors of a Dairoji independence movement are true and support it with her squad of seven jaegers and two agents.
Last edited by The Army Republic of Prussia on Mon May 18, 2015 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If that don't work, use more gun"- The Engineer.
"There's something to love about a nation that builds a cannon and then says "Nah, son, not big enough.""-Cumberlanda
The liberal Fascist Alt-history Germany.

Dorvische Volksrepublik
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dorvische Volksrepublik » Tue May 19, 2015 1:03 am

Nation Name: The Dorvische Volksrepublik
Government Type: Autocracy, Communism

Total Population: 150 Million

Motive/Reason for support?: The President sees Imperial- Japan as a rival, For To Long Our Automobiles Industry Can't Set UP New Bussines At The Pacific, So If We Support The Dairoji and Won The War, Then We Have No More Rivals IN Pacific

How will you aid the faction you align with? (Militarily, Humanitarian, both, etc): Humanitarian and financial.

In what quantities will you provide your method of support?: Dorvische can only offer a few thousand troops due to our Small Military Force and tensions on the home front, however, We Will Wire Some Cash And Humanitarian aid To Support The Dairoji With a million dollars in aid, as the war goes on we may direct Some Troops To Aid Dairoji and offer loans For Them
Everyday Is Awesome!

Dairoji
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dairoji » Tue May 19, 2015 4:52 am

The Army Republic of Prussia wrote:I did a nation and character so that I can be active in the rp while the supplies are en route to Dairoji, and it's going to take a while before any Prussian supplies arrive. Consider my character early Prussian forces to scout out the situation.

Nation Name: The Army Republic of Prussia
Government Type: Stratocracy, rule by the army.

Total Population: 60 Million

Motive/Reason for support?: Prussia sees Imperial- Japan as a rival, but acknowledges that we do not have the logistics to annex any Pacific islands. Giving islands their freedom will weaken Japan, improve Prussia’s reputation, plus small islands will put up less resistance than Japan when Prussia gains the ability to begin annexion.

How will you aid the faction you align with? (Militarily, Humanitarian, both, etc): Militarily and financial.

In what quantities will you provide your method of support?: Prussian can only offer a few thousand troops due to our small navy and tensions on the home front, however there is a wolf pack of U-boats near the island and we are willing to gift a million dollars in aide, as the war goes on we may direct more wolf packs and offer loans to Dairojia.

RP Example:
Hans’s squad moved through the streets of the bombed out city while artillery and machine gun fire sounded off in the distance. They swept their rifles back and forth across the street looking for any enemies. Hans silently repeated the last word of the speech he heard last night, “if we die today we die for Prussia!” as he marched through the street.
They came to a door and Hans’s squad assumed their positions. Hans would kick down the door while the rest covered him. He backed up a little bit and kicked the door with all his might, before rushing in and sweeping the room with his rifle. Nothing, Hans let out a sigh of relief, before the sound of glass put him on edge again. It came from upstairs.
He went up the stairs, rifle in front of him his comrades behind him. He tried going up silently but his jackboots made a sharp trump no matter how lightly he tried stepping, telling any soldiers that he was getting closer. When he reached the top he saw a door at the end of a short hall. He walked up to it as his comrades assumed their positions. He tightened his grip on his rifle as he repeated in his mind “if we die today we die for Prussia!”
He let out a breath and kick down the door, leveling his rifle with his finger on the trigger. He almost fired when a scream rang out. Regaining his composter he looked for the source of it and was relieved when he saw a woman with her daughter, cowering with fear.
He marched towards them singling his rifle over his back and unstrapped his gas mask. He looked down at them and smiled. He said “Do not fear, for you are under the protection of glorious Prussia now.”

Name: Hauptmann Lore Hollmann

Faction: (Imperial--Japan, Dairoji, <Insert Foreign nation here> Dairoji

Strengths (You must have an equal number of strengths and weaknesses of the same caliber): Accurate, camouflage, highly trained, recon.

Weaknesses: Weak close up, limited support(until Prussian ships arrive she only has her seven Jaegers and what the locals can give her), cold with those she doesn't know, only speaks German.

Social Status (Noble, Conscript, Knight, etc.): Prussian Jaeger(elite sniper), no social status in Dairoji.

Personality Type: Cold around those she is unfamiliar with, disciplined.

Nation Of Origin: The Army Republic of Prussia

Physical Appearance/Image: 160cm tall with a military buzz cut with black hair and blue eyes.

[b]Biography (At least one paragraph): She was born in rural Prussia with four brothers. Their father took them on hunting trips where she quickly became the best shot in the family. At 18 she enlisted in the army with two of her brothers and found her way into the Jaegers for her shooting talent. After months of grueling training she became a Jaeger and has proven her skills in several missions. Now her mission is to see if rumors of a Dairoji independence movement are true and support it with her squad of seven jaegers and two agents.

Decent grammar is hard to come by sometimes. Gladly accepted.

Dorvische Volksrepublik wrote:Nation Name: The Dorvische Volksrepublik
Government Type: Autocracy, Communism

Total Population: 150 Million

Motive/Reason for support?: The President sees Imperial- Japan as a rival, For To Long Our Automobiles Industry Can't Set UP New Bussines At The Pacific, So If We Support The Dairoji and Won The War, Then We Have No More Rivals IN Pacific

How will you aid the faction you align with? (Militarily, Humanitarian, both, etc): Humanitarian and financial.

In what quantities will you provide your method of support?: Dorvische can only offer a few thousand troops due to our Small Military Force and tensions on the home front, however, We Will Wire Some Cash And Humanitarian aid To Support The Dairoji With a million dollars in aid, as the war goes on we may direct Some Troops To Aid Dairoji and offer loans For Them
A rp example would be nice.

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Tue May 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Nation Name: Riysa

Government Type: Imperial (former)

Total Population: ~10,000,000

Who do you support? (Imperial--Japan, Or Dairoji?): Imperial--Japan

Motive/Reason for support?: Ideological compatibility with Imperial Japan.

How will you aid the faction you align with? (Militarily, Humanitarian, both, etc): Militarily, though due to current internal strife and occupation of Riysian lands at in this time period, such help is unofficial.

In what quantities will you provide your method of support?: Elements of the "Riysian Volunteer Legion", in the form of around 30 volunteer riflemen, veterans of the Great Astyrian War, led by Major Bassel al-Hataani.

RP Example: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... #p23695066

Name: Bassel Ahmad al-Hataani

Sex: Male

Faction: Riysian Volunteer Legion (supporting Imperial Japan)

Strengths: Experienced officer and a veteran of combat.

Weaknesses: Distrusts outsiders ("ajamis"), and is a cold decision-maker.

Social Status (Noble, Conscript, Knight, etc.): Riysian military veteran of rank Raa'id (Major).

Personality Type: ESTJ

Nation Of Origin: Riysa

Physical Appearance/Image: Light skinned and of average height, with short black hair and gray eyes.

Biography (At least one paragraph): Born in the city of Khalqallah, in Northern Riysa, Bassel originally wished to become a scholar of ahadith like his father, but instead at 15 volunteered for support duty in the Riysian military, deciding that he could probably serve the people of Riysa better by being a soldier. He became a second lieutenant just in time for the Great Astyrian War, and by the end of the conflict he had been promoted to captain, and was leading a company of infantry. In the intervening time since, he has been promoted to major, then had to "retire" after the Riysian military was forcibly disbanded during the current troubles. Soon, formed in place of the formal military was the Riysian Volunteer Legion, and Bassel rejoined as an officer, helping to command and plan deployments of eager "volunteers". Now, he has been tasked to take a deployment of sharpshooters to Dairoji, and support their ideological allies in garrisoning their colony.

Dairoji
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dairoji » Tue May 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Riysa wrote:

How will you aid the faction you align with? (Militarily, Humanitarian, both, etc): Militarily, though due to current internal strife and occupation of Riysian lands at in this time period, such help is unofficial.

In what quantities will you provide your method of support?: Elements of the "Riysian Volunteer Legion", in the form of around 30 volunteer riflemen, veterans of the Great Astyrian War, led by Major Bassel al-Hataani.

Social Status (Noble, Conscript, Knight, etc.): Riysian military veteran of rank Raa'id (Major).

Physical Appearance/Image: Light skinned and of average height, with short black hair and gray eyes.

Biography (At least one paragraph): Born in the city of Khalqallah, in Northern Riysa, Bassel originally wished to become a scholar of ahadith like his father, but instead at 15 volunteered for support duty in the Riysian military, deciding that he could probably serve the people of Riysa better by being a soldier. He became a second lieutenant just in time for the Great Astyrian War, and by the end of the conflict he had been promoted to captain, and was leading a company of infantry. In the intervening time since, he has been promoted to major, then had to "retire" after the Riysian military was forcibly disbanded during the current troubles. Soon, formed in place of the formal military was the Riysian Volunteer Legion, and Bassel rejoined as an officer, helping to command and plan deployments of eager "volunteers". Now, he has been tasked to take a deployment of sharpshooters to Dairoji, and support their ideological allies in garrisoning their colony.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to....

Accept you.

Got em'.

The BaRen
Senator

Founded: Dec 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The BaRen » Tue May 19, 2015 6:09 pm

Nation Name: New Unitary Republic of the Baren

Government Type: Federal Republic

Total Population: 30 Million

Motive/Reason for support?: The BaRen sympathizes with colonials and natives, and is anti-imperialist.

How will you aid the faction you align with? (Militarily, Humanitarian, both, etc): Militarily, Humanitarian, Financially

In what quantities will you provide your method of support?:
  • 10,000 Infantry
  • 200 Light Tanks
  • 50 Heavy Tanks
  • 120 Warplanes
  • 50 Bombers

RP Example:ANO RP, Order of the Hunt, My Sci Fi Rp from a while back
The Unites State-Of-Minds wrote:
The V O I D wrote:and the psychopathic love has sailed. congrats, an NPC with natural-born psychopathy is going to enter ANO.

be pretty damn funny if she pushed you off the railing....

Lazssia wrote:So humanity is the crazy hobo of the cosmos? I can dig it.

Yugahkistan wrote:Our Supreme Leader's passion flows like a great river. Also like a great river he drowns people. If love interest is strong swimmer she will survive

I am
-of Spanish, German, Irish, and Native American Descent
-a juvenile offender
-stoner
-Royalty for Life -PaRcside CFL X7-

Cro$$ i$ Bo$$
Ain't no Pity in -R- City
$$ gReen Ragz $$
Ca$hed Out

Free my brothers in prison. We brothers in every way but blood.

Wulfenia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wulfenia » Tue May 19, 2015 8:40 pm

Nation Name: Wulfenia

Government Type: Aristocracy

Total Population: 75,000,000

Motive/Reason for support?: beside the possibility of making Dairoji a client state, the nobility and national council both see the deposition of the Dairojian nobles as a dangerous act, and potentially fatal precedent, that must be corrected.

How will you aid the faction you align with? (Militarily, Humanitarian, both, etc): Militarily

• 7th Romina Infantry Division under Major General George Yeats (16,000 infantrymen; 576 x 47mm, 75mm, 90mm anti-tank/anti-aircraft cannons)
  • 14th Grey Wolf Light Armored Division under Major General Riley O'Malley (352 L3/35; 160 47/32 tank destroyers; 14,000 men; 200 x 47mm anti-tank cannons)
  • 16th Valkyrie Armored Division under Major General Charlie Moore(240 Fiat M15/42; 120 75/18 tank destroyers; 16,000 men; 432 x 75mm anti-tank cannons)

RP Example: don't have any at the moment (at least any that are impressive). But was hoping to use this thread for future example requests.
Last edited by Wulfenia on Tue May 19, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P2TM's favorite Fascist catgirl
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:It's called being a reactionary. No wonder you're unpopular.

Dairoji
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dairoji » Tue May 19, 2015 9:06 pm

Both of the above are accepted! I'll try and get the IC up by Friday so I can get a few more participants if there are any.

Riysa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Wed May 20, 2015 8:31 pm

Dairoji wrote:
Riysa wrote:

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to....

Accept you.

Got em'.

I see what you did there.

Man, this is going to be fun, seeing as virtually everyone else supports the rebels! :p

Wulfenia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wulfenia » Thu May 21, 2015 7:34 am

Riysa wrote:
Dairoji wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to....

Accept you.

Got em'.

Man, this is going to be fun, seeing as virtually everyone else supports the rebels! :p

On one hand, my hipster nature is making me want to go over to the other side, because the rebels are too mainstream. On the other, Dairoji's flag is pure cuteness.
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:It's called being a reactionary. No wonder you're unpopular.

Dairoji
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dairoji » Thu May 21, 2015 9:23 am

Wulfenia wrote:
Riysa wrote:

On one hand, my hipster nature is making me want to go over to the other side, because the rebels are too mainstream. On the other, Dairoji's flag is pure cuteness.

Rebels/Disgruntled Nobles. Too edgy.

I can't stop staring at Hideyoshi.

South Orelsia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby South Orelsia » Thu May 21, 2015 10:23 am

Should I have made a character app for the general of my force I'm sending?

Riysa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Thu May 21, 2015 7:35 pm

Just a quick question - we're using WW2 equipment, but the OP says 1931 for the start of the uprising, which would put us more in the post-Great War era of technology. Is it taking place later than that, or?

Wulfenia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wulfenia » Thu May 21, 2015 7:52 pm

Dairoji wrote:
Wulfenia wrote:

Rebels/Disgruntled Nobles. Too edgy.

I actually plan for one of my generals sent to your nation to be as ambiguous as Hideyoshi is. :p

Dairoji
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dairoji » Thu May 21, 2015 7:59 pm

South Orelsia wrote:Should I have made a character app for the general of my force I'm sending?

That's up to you really.

Riysa wrote:Just a quick question - we're using WW2 equipment, but the OP says 1931 for the start of the uprising, which would put us more in the post-Great War era of technology. Is it taking place later than that, or?

It's 1931 for MY nation at least. My nation in particular (as well as Imperial--japan in this scenario) is using WW2 era equipment, but I don't want nations using anything post-cold war.

Wulfenia wrote:
Dairoji wrote:Rebels/Disgruntled Nobles. Too edgy.

I actually plan for one of my generals sent to your nation to be as ambiguous as Hideyoshi is. :p

Safe to assume they'll have their own restroom too? :p

Wulfenia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wulfenia » Thu May 21, 2015 8:06 pm

Dairoji wrote:It's 1931 for MY nation at least. My nation in particular (as well as Imperial--japan in this scenario) is using WW2 era equipment, but I don't want nations using anything post-cold war.

You could have it that 1931 is simply the date in your calendar, while for other nations, it would correspond to 1939 - 1945 era for the most part.
Dairoji wrote:
Wulfenia wrote:

Safe to assume they'll have their own restroom too? :p

Yes, Riley will have their own restroom.

I expect at least one person to mistake them for a girl at least once. :p

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu May 21, 2015 8:10 pm

Wulfenia wrote:
Dairoji wrote:It's 1931 for MY nation at least. My nation in particular (as well as Imperial--japan in this scenario) is using WW2 era equipment, but I don't want nations using anything post-cold war.

You could have it that 1931 is simply the date in your calendar, while for other nations, it would correspond to 1939 - 1945 era for the most part.
Or you could take all the WW2 equipment and rename it something different and say it's just more advanced.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Argyrland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Argyrland » Fri May 22, 2015 12:09 am

Name: Ektor Persidis

Faction: (Imperial--Japan, Dairoji, <Insert Foreign nation here> Neutral (for now)

Strengths (You must have an equal number of strengths and weaknesses of the same caliber): Competent Fighter, Trained in Guerrilla Warfare, Bilingual

Weaknesses: Easily Manipulated, Naively Optimistic, Large Frame makes easy target for enemy fire.

Social Status (Noble, Conscript, Knight, etc.): Soldier (Argyrland) Tourist (Dairoji)

Personality Type: INFJ

Nation Of Origin: Argyrland

Physical Appearance/Image: Ektor is quite a large man. At 6 feet (~1.83 meters) he towers over most people in his homeland, and most people here for that matter. He keeps his black hair in a short Caesar cut, rarely letting his hair get longer than a couple centimeters. He has brown eyes, a clean shaven, round face. He's a bit wide, but still what one would consider athletic.

Biography (At least one paragraph): Ektor was quite young when the revolution hit Argyrland, certainly too young to partake in it. However, when he finished secondary school (one of the first generations to do so in such large numbers), he was drafted for the mandatory military training that all Argyrlanders now had to complete. He quickly dicovered he quite liked the soldierly lifestyle and chose to become a full time professional soldier. This required additional training, so he decided to focus on guerrilla warfare, feeling it would be useful in the event Argyrland came under attack.

The attack, however, never came and Ektor found that his new job was actually rather boring, if perhaps necessary. He kept itching for his chance to help spread the revolution, to spread the glory of communism all across the world. Finally, he could take it no more. He did the only thing he could think of to liven up his dull life: take a vacation. Yes, he decided to travel all over the world, and he just happened to end up in Dairoji at the worst possible time, right before the conflict started. Ektor found himself trapped in a country where no one spoke Kreakiskos and only some of the people spoke Japanese (a language he had chosen to learn as part of his additional training), he was in quite the pickle. Naturally, he wasn't sure how to handle the situation, so he did what his training demanded he do in a crisis. He fled to the hills, hiding in the mountains and living off of whatever he could catch. It was only after he did this that he realized this may be the opportunity he was waiting for, maybe he could spread the revolution to this place. If he did he'd be hailed as a hero back home. Yes...

RP Example:
Jason woke up with a start. The bombing had stopped. It was safe. He pushed the bits of wood and rubble he had been using as makeshift cover off of him and breathed a sigh of relief. He had been incredibly lucky, not many people could say they'd survived a bombing raid while above ground. All it would have taken was one unfortunately placed bomb and that would have been it, but that bomb had never come. He looked around the ruins of what had once been his proud home town. The amount of destruction astonished him, now that he had time to look at it. A thousand years of construction and human development, gone in a few minutes of bombing. It was as amazing as it was terrifying.

It was then that a certain determination gripped Jason. The Germans were responsible for this. They had destroyed this symbol of civilization, they had ruined his home. He knew exactly what he was going to do. He was going to join the military and his was going to take the fight right to Fritz' door, and nothing on this earth, not soldier, nor boats, planes or even Hilter himself was ever going to stop him. He would have his revenge for this, they all would.

So if someone doesn't find a way to corrupt this poor bastard and trick him into completely screwing over his own cause and going against his own values, I will be severely disappointed.
Population at most recent census: 146458404
Number of Active military personnel: 518400
Capital: Porthuropolis
Demonym: Argyrish (Argyrlander is also acceptable)
We speak Kreakiskos, a Hellenic language that was influenced by Anglo Saxon invaders
When speaking IC and we bring up numbers, assume we are using Duodecimal/Dozenal system numbers, not the base ten system you are used to. What that means is: "Δ" is ten, "Λ" is eleven and "10" is twelve.
Our Anthem

-8.75(Left),-4.51(Libertarian)

I'm a revolutionary socialist. Everyone should have the same opportunity to succeed in this world and sitting back and letting the capitalists deal with it won't achieve that at all.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Fri May 22, 2015 9:33 am

Nation Name: The Organized States of America

Government Type: Representative Democracy

Total Population: 152 Million

Motive/Reason for support?: Rivalry with Imperial Japan for Pacific Dominance, belief that if Japan is weakened

How will you aid the faction you align with? (Militarily, Humanitarian, both, etc): Unofficial Military Support (Air Cover)

4th American Volunteer Group
1st Squadron
-12 North American A-36A Apaches
2nd Squadron
-36 Mustang Mk.I/P-51
3rd Squadron
-24 North American P-51B Mustangs

RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=331645&hilit=Die
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Dairoji
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dairoji » Fri May 22, 2015 2:12 pm

Organized States wrote:Nation Name: The Organized States of America

Government Type: Representative Democracy

Total Population: 152 Million

Motive/Reason for support?: Rivalry with Imperial Japan for Pacific Dominance, belief that if Japan is weakened

How will you aid the faction you align with? (Militarily, Humanitarian, both, etc): Unofficial Military Support (Air Cover)

4th American Volunteer Group
1st Squadron
-12 North American A-36A Apaches
2nd Squadron
-36 Mustang Mk.I/P-51
3rd Squadron
-24 North American P-51B Mustangs

RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=331645&hilit=Die

Acceptamundo.

Argyrland wrote:Name: Ektor Persidis

Faction: (Imperial--Japan, Dairoji, <Insert Foreign nation here> Neutral (for now)

Strengths (You must have an equal number of strengths and weaknesses of the same caliber): Competent Fighter, Trained in Guerrilla Warfare, Bilingual

Weaknesses: Easily Manipulated, Naively Optimistic, Large Frame makes easy target for enemy fire.

Social Status (Noble, Conscript, Knight, etc.): Soldier (Argyrland) Tourist (Dairoji)

Personality Type: INFJ

Nation Of Origin: Argyrland

Physical Appearance/Image: Ektor is quite a large man. At 6 feet (~1.83 meters) he towers over most people in his homeland, and most people here for that matter. He keeps his black hair in a short Caesar cut, rarely letting his hair get longer than a couple centimeters. He has brown eyes, a clean shaven, round face. He's a bit wide, but still what one would consider athletic.

Biography (At least one paragraph): Ektor was quite young when the revolution hit Argyrland, certainly too young to partake in it. However, when he finished secondary school (one of the first generations to do so in such large numbers), he was drafted for the mandatory military training that all Argyrlanders now had to complete. He quickly dicovered he quite liked the soldierly lifestyle and chose to become a full time professional soldier. This required additional training, so he decided to focus on guerrilla warfare, feeling it would be useful in the event Argyrland came under attack.

The attack, however, never came and Ektor found that his new job was actually rather boring, if perhaps necessary. He kept itching for his chance to help spread the revolution, to spread the glory of communism all across the world. Finally, he could take it no more. He did the only thing he could think of to liven up his dull life: take a vacation. Yes, he decided to travel all over the world, and he just happened to end up in Dairoji at the worst possible time, right before the conflict started. Ektor found himself trapped in a country where no one spoke Kreakiskos and only some of the people spoke Japanese (a language he had chosen to learn as part of his additional training), he was in quite the pickle. Naturally, he wasn't sure how to handle the situation, so he did what his training demanded he do in a crisis. He fled to the hills, hiding in the mountains and living off of whatever he could catch. It was only after he did this that he realized this may be the opportunity he was waiting for, maybe he could spread the revolution to this place. If he did he'd be hailed as a hero back home. Yes...

RP Example:
Jason woke up with a start. The bombing had stopped. It was safe. He pushed the bits of wood and rubble he had been using as makeshift cover off of him and breathed a sigh of relief. He had been incredibly lucky, not many people could say they'd survived a bombing raid while above ground. All it would have taken was one unfortunately placed bomb and that would have been it, but that bomb had never come. He looked around the ruins of what had once been his proud home town. The amount of destruction astonished him, now that he had time to look at it. A thousand years of construction and human development, gone in a few minutes of bombing. It was as amazing as it was terrifying.

It was then that a certain determination gripped Jason. The Germans were responsible for this. They had destroyed this symbol of civilization, they had ruined his home. He knew exactly what he was going to do. He was going to join the military and his was going to take the fight right to Fritz' door, and nothing on this earth, not soldier, nor boats, planes or even Hilter himself was ever going to stop him. He would have his revenge for this, they all would.

So if someone doesn't find a way to corrupt this poor bastard and trick him into completely screwing over his own cause and going against his own values, I will be severely disappointed.

Accepted.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents