NATION

PASSWORD

UNF Regional Map Claim Thread (Private)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Illyiah
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

UNF Regional Map Claim Thread (Private)

Postby Illyiah » Mon May 18, 2015 2:10 pm

Here is the map: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=illyiah/detail=factbook/id=423163

Please be aware that the school security system may block this image. If so, claim from home computers.

Claims will be accepted from 3:00 PM BST on 19th May 2015. This operates on a first come first served basis. The map will be periodically updated to show claims.

Thou shalt not whine
Thou shalt not moan
Thou shalt not claim other's land on purpose
Thou shalt not claims visibly over the approx. maximum claim size shown
Thou shalt speak civilly and politely to all

The circled island with the UNF flag nearby are not claimable - that is the headquarters of the UNF High Council.

Claim away (after the time begins...)
Last edited by Illyiah on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Joolsland
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Joolsland » Tue May 19, 2015 6:40 am

I claim the north east peninsula that looks like western russia. I would also like a lake. I warned you about the difference between gmt and bst. You didn't listen.
-Celestial Wizard Georgi M. Malenkov, Head of State for Joolsland and her various dominions and colonies, Commander of the USGF, Security Officer, and Co-Manager of HAM in ARMM, Celestial Wizard of the Cult of the Moon, and Bat-Person.

Pro:
  • Authoritarianism
  • Grammar
  • The Land of Puppy Sized Elephants*
  • Awesome
Anti:
  • Theist
  • Non-Standard English
  • The United Nations of the Future*
  • Worldsuck
Quotes:
"Spaghetti ducis et in nomine monstrum volantes"
- President Georgi M. Malenkov

"Noli Oblivisci Mirabilis Esse"
- The Residents of Birmingham, Alabama, USA

"Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent"
- Ludwig Wittgenstein

"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself."
- FDR

Gobovia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Land

Postby Gobovia » Tue May 19, 2015 7:16 am

I would like an area including the largest lake, with an amount of land suitable for 2 billion people. I would like to be on the coast aswell. From the 29th Shokan, Bananarama.
-The 29th Shokan Bananarama, Gobovian Supreme War Commissioner, High Court Minister, Leader of the Emu Corps, Head of the Gobovian Society of Poets, Esteemed Shojija, Owner of the great sword Gatraseru, Chief Scout of the GSO, Ultimate Bat Person of Gobovia, and Chief Scientific Officer for project H.M.M.J.Q.

Joolsland
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Joolsland » Tue May 19, 2015 7:37 am

Claiming previous claim again after 3 bst to avoid conflict same claim applies
-Celestial Wizard Georgi M. Malenkov, Head of State for Joolsland and her various dominions and colonies, Commander of the USGF, Security Officer, and Co-Manager of HAM in ARMM, Celestial Wizard of the Cult of the Moon, and Bat-Person.

Pro:
  • Authoritarianism
  • Grammar
  • Awesome
Anti:
  • Theist
  • Non-Standard English
  • Worldsuck
Quotes:

- Ludwig Wittgenstein

- FDR

Illyiah
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illyiah » Tue May 19, 2015 9:15 am

Gobovia wrote:I would like an area including the largest lake, with an amount of land suitable for 2 billion people. I would like to be on the coast aswell. From the 29th Shokan, Bananarama.

Your claim has been noted. In terms of shape, roughly squarish or some kid of blob, or what?

Joolsland wrote:I claim the north east peninsula that looks like western russia. I would also like a lake. I warned you about the difference between gmt and bst. You didn't listen.

Yes, I did. However, I had a little something called a 'geography exam', shortly followed by an after school history revision session. These two factors meant I had no time to change the post. If you think that this in any way inclines me to support your claim, then you are severely mistaken.

Joolsland wrote:Claiming previous claim again after 3 bst to avoid conflict same claim applies

I will accept this in terms of being fair - I cannot really ignore this principle despite your insult (and threat, from a few days ago). Consider it claimed, though I suspect Frogtopia will have something to say about it.

Illyiah
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illyiah » Tue May 19, 2015 9:22 am

@Joolsland: Oh, and unless there's a lake in the Russia area, you can't really have one unless you want some kind of Overseas Territory.

Frogtopia
Civil Servant

Founded: May 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frogtopia » Tue May 19, 2015 9:24 am

Can I have the two islands at the bottom plz (not the one in the corner the two near the centre of the bottom)

Illyiah
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illyiah » Tue May 19, 2015 9:25 am

It would help, guys, btw, if you posted an image of the territory you like or give more detailed descriptions of the borders you want. The I can check them and work out size etc. and you'll get closer to what you want.

Illyiah
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illyiah » Tue May 19, 2015 9:26 am

Frogtopia wrote:Can I have the two islands at the bottom plz (not the one in the corner the two near the centre of the bottom)

Request has been noted. Sure you don't want to negotiate with Joolsland?

Joolsland
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Joolsland » Tue May 19, 2015 10:39 am

Illyiah wrote:
Gobovia wrote:I would like an area including the largest lake, with an amount of land suitable for 2 billion people. I would like to be on the coast aswell. From the 29th Shokan, Bananarama.

Your claim has been noted. In terms of shape, roughly squarish or some kid of blob, or what?

Joolsland wrote:I claim the north east peninsula that looks like western russia. I would also like a lake. I warned you about the difference between gmt and bst. You didn't listen.

Yes, I did. However, I had a little something called a 'geography exam', shortly followed by an after school history revision session. These two factors meant I had no time to change the post. If you think that this in any way inclines me to support your claim, then you are severely mistaken.

Joolsland wrote:Claiming previous claim again after 3 bst to avoid conflict same claim applies

I will accept this in terms of being fair - I cannot really ignore this principle despite your insult (and threat, from a few days ago). Consider it claimed, though I suspect Frogtopia will have something to say about it.

Hold on. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I acknowledge that you had a geography exam, however when I asked you about it, at no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to forming a rational thought. You made everyone around us dumber, for having listened to it. I understand that your Geography exam is very important, however you have had four whole years of secondary education to prepare for it, and I did not expect you to change anything; just to provide guidance for what time was meant.
In summary, your condescension is appreciated, but unnecessary.

EDIT: What threat?
Last edited by Joolsland on Tue May 19, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pro:
  • Authoritarianism
  • Grammar
  • Awesome
Anti:
  • Theist
  • Non-Standard English
  • Worldsuck
Quotes:

- Ludwig Wittgenstein

- FDR

Gobovia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gobovia » Tue May 19, 2015 11:34 am

Illyiah this is the area that I would like. If this is to big feel free to warp the borders as long as it includes the big lake and touches the sea.
Last edited by Gobovia on Tue May 19, 2015 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-The 29th Shokan Bananarama, Gobovian Supreme War Commissioner, High Court Minister, Leader of the Emu Corps, Head of the Gobovian Society of Poets, Esteemed Shojija, Owner of the great sword Gatraseru, Chief Scout of the GSO, Ultimate Bat Person of Gobovia, and Chief Scientific Officer for project H.M.M.J.Q.

Joolsland
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Joolsland » Tue May 19, 2015 12:28 pm

Here is my idea. borders approximate i'm flexible to slight change. As you can see i have moved the claimed land over the red rectangle, so it should be about the right size. There is overlap on the map as well as the key, so the inaccuracies about cancel out. I haven't actually claimed the entire red rectangle, because i cant be bothered to get that accurate about land. if you want to warp the borders to make it look nicer, feel free, just make sure they're sort of in the same place.

Pro:
  • Authoritarianism
  • Grammar
  • Awesome
Anti:
  • Theist
  • Non-Standard English
  • Worldsuck
Quotes:

- Ludwig Wittgenstein

- FDR

USNM
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Land

Postby USNM » Tue May 19, 2015 2:58 pm

Can i have the land in the top right hand corner.

Illyiah
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illyiah » Wed May 20, 2015 12:29 am

@Joolsland: That 'rambling incoherent response' was me in a hurry to get to my locker and put my stuff away so I could get to my exam on time. Are you trying to make me give Russia to someone else?

@USNM

If you mean the Russia bit, it's already been claimed I'm afraid. Try somewhere else.

I will look at the images people put up at home where the school security system doesn't block them.

The map will be updated sometime today or tomorrow (probably), but don't pressure me, I have other commitments and a holiday to pack for :3

SpaGGland
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby SpaGGland » Wed May 20, 2015 12:49 am

Can I have most of the land below the centre lake plz? :clap: :)

USNM
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby USNM » Wed May 20, 2015 4:34 am

May I have the land between Jools and Joe (on the continent)

Satanic Bullgaria
Civil Servant

Founded: May 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Satanic Bullgaria » Wed May 20, 2015 10:05 am

I'm not sure how accurate my marking is but eugen slutskia would like the area marked in pink (just the land bridge-y bit between Joolsland and the mainland, and I, the bit marked in blue. is this possible? many thanks DSSM
here is the picture: http://i62.tinypic.com/29gdcbd.png
P.S.: Thanks to Joolsland for help with bbCode

Satanic Bullgaria
Civil Servant

Founded: May 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Satanic Bullgaria » Wed May 20, 2015 10:07 am

Satanic Bullgaria wrote:I'm not sure how accurate my marking is but eugen slutskia would like the area marked in pink (just the land bridge-y bit between Joolsland and the mainland, and I, the bit marked in blue. is this possible? many thanks DSSM
here is the picture: http://i62.tinypic.com/29gdcbd.png
P.S.: Thanks to Joolsland for help with bbCode

Ijust realised the pink area should be slightly more to the left, so it borders joolsland not overlapping it.

Giga2000
Civilian

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Giga2000 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:17 pm

I would like to claim north west of the map, the part above and along the coast next to gobovia and above a little if possible

Illyiah
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illyiah » Wed May 20, 2015 11:52 pm

All claims have been noted. Spaggland, Gobovia claimed that area ages ago. If you mean something else, let me know at school.

Illyiah
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illyiah » Thu May 21, 2015 11:51 am

Map updated. See link at top of page.

Illyiah
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illyiah » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:41 pm

Map updated :)

Illyiah
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illyiah » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:17 pm

I updated the map!

nation=illyiah/detail=factbook/id=423163

Bullgaria is due an expansion, if he wants. Just mention it here, if so.

The Slutskian Channel and the Sea of Gob have retained their old names, due to their historical value.
Last edited by Illyiah on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates