NATION

PASSWORD

Blood Debt (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Qwanch
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Blood Debt (IC)

Postby Qwanch » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Aaron soared above the human neighborhoods of Mazda, flying as quickly as his wings could carry him. He couldn't be late for his post again, or it was working the street corner by the police station for a week. Aaron hated that corner. He was a dragon who lived for action, who felt alive only when the wind sheered coolly across his black, scaly skin. His police hat blew off, his ears no longer supporting it after being pulled back at the very thought of not working his dream job as an aerial mage in SAM-D (Special Aerial Magic Division). Quickly, Aaron pulled back on his air speed and dropped a dozen meters to catch it, the hand at the end of his wing just barely getting hold of the cap. Aware of the time, Aaron checked the blood in his cordless wand, hoping to create a gust to carry him further and faster. If he had enough good blood left, he would make it to Lent with no problem. The blood had already coagulated. It was useless. He already missed the Reptile shuttle, and he shuddered to think of being crammed into a human ship. His wings grew wary, still tired from the flight he took the night before. He hadn't exercised as much lately, given a recent decrease in crime, and he was having trouble training his wings to the condition they were in his youth. He ran, swam, and flew, but he especially loved to fly when he was young, and that is why it was the focus of his exercise program. Starting lose his breath, Aaron came to a glide and landed somewhat less than gracefully on the sidewalk. He bumped into the back of a Cyclops, who yelled, "Watch it!" before giving Aaron a dirty look and continuing on his way. This was a Cyclops neighborhood, though Aaron could also see humans and Lilliputians making their way to work. The train station was nearby, Aaron knew, so he began to jog as fast as his legs and lungs would allow him to the ticket counter. Lent, though part of the same kingdom, was on the southern coast of Tavy, directly across the waterway from Mazda, which was a tiny territorial holding of Tavy on the island of Gormesh. Aaron knew that he was too exhausted to make it on his own wingpower without taking a swim, and he didn't want to get his uniform cap wet.

A neon green Reptile manned the counter who Aaron had not had any previous dealings with. He looked bored.

Turning a purple eye to Aaron, he said, "If your looking for a comfy ride, you're outa luck. All the good airships are in flight."

"Sir," Aaron began, somewhat conscious of the human accent he inherited from his adoptive human parents. He never knew his real parents, and his adoptive parents took him in as an egg knowing fully how the racist society which defined most kingdoms would see their family.

The ticket dispenser interrupted him, "You're talkin' like a warmy! Talk like real reptile, 'fore I get sick!"

Aaron bared his sharp teeth and gave a reptilian hiss. He loved people of all races. He knew that humans were warm blooded, but that didn't bother him. As a matter of fact, when they hugged him as a hatchling, he loved the warmth their embrace provided. They couldn't fly, but they were good people.

"Take't eeeeeeasy, toughy! I was just messn'!'"

"You're being very unprofessional, Sir. Do you call human's who come through here 'Warmies'? Didn't think so. If you EVER talk like that again, I am telling your superior. Got it? Now, just get me an airship to Lent, please!"

"Alrighty, but you take the Wa--I mean HUMAN shuttle."

Aaron's ears went back, but he boarded the shuttle and sat down. He had to crouch not to hit his head, and he had to sit on his tail, as the seat were made for people without tails. Behind him, a human child started kicking his seat and didn't stop for the whole trip even as the brat shouted, "Black Dragon, White Knight!"

When he arrived at Lent after about 30 minutes in the ship, he was late and his tail had fallen asleep. He stood up, hitting his head. Dazed from the bump and unable to use his tail for balance, he staggered to the police station. He was late.

The police chief, a freed cyclops of considerable size, gave a fierce growl. Pounding his fist on his desk, he barked, "Aaron, You're 15 minutes late! 5th time this month!"

"Yes, chief. Sorry, chief."

"Crime doesn't wait, but funding from the crown does. It waits on results. Do you know how far a theif can run in 15 minutes? How many people can be mugged? Do you?"

"No, chief, but I would imagine quite a few."

"Well, in the meanwhile, I am going to dock your pay for the next week and assign you street duty. I'll let the substitute SAM-D reptilians have the action. They're punctual, at least. You're going to be the last Mage I call on for help this week, 'cause your going to be dealing with the public drunks and the jaywalkers. If you don't learn your lesson this week, I may just have to demote you. Understand?"

"Yes, chief."

Aaron sulked to his station. Maybe his partner could lighten up his day.

It was then, however, that he overheard the chief saying something about shadows. Probably somebody who had a drink or two too many.
Last edited by Qwanch on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:22 am

On top a roof in the less pleasant parts of town wiking sat, hidden under a black cloak, the only sticking out was five centimeters of his rifle. He was not worried about being detected, he was high up and had been sitting in the same position for the several hours. "I swear to fraking god if this bastard don't show his face soon my leg will go numb and have to be amputated" wiking thought, scanning the entrance to a brothel some 500m away. Since arriving in the city 5 days ago he have had one mission, hunt down former captain turned bandit Ingvar Charlsted and bring him in on 5 accounts of unjust murder, and untold accounts of robbery. Ingvar was wanted, but wiking could not wait for the local police to handle it, it was a matter of upholding the honor of a military. plus the money from the bounty on his head would be a nice boost to Wiking treasury.

Suddenly the door to the brothel opened and wiking adjusted his sight "Come on out you little.." wiking quietly mumbled, hardly moving his lips. one man exited, then another. None of them Ingvar, then a third man exited and looked around. Seeamily pleased with himself, It was Ingvar. Wiking adjusted his sights one last time and started to mutter "Return to the void, where you will face divine judgment... Exterminate!". wiking pressed the trigger, a small sound indicated that the round had been fired. 0.3 seconds later there came a small flash from the rifle. this was not a gunshot, but the built in scope camera taking a picture. Showing Ingvars surprised expression, a hole in the center of his forehead showing that the shot was on target. Wiking chambered a new bullet, still not removing his eyes from the scope. In case he needed another bullet to finish the job. But ingvar was dead before he hit the ground. Wiking rose from his position and started to walk away towards his flyer.

2 Hours later,

Wiking entered the police station, he had left all his weapons in the flyer outside. the only officer inside the station was a rather depressed looking reptile, wiking walked up to him and said "Excuse me sir, But could you be so kind and redirect me to an officer who can help me with bounty collection?"
Last edited by The Tophat Empire on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FT, but roam where i please
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:25 pm

In a small apartment on a crowded street, there lived hundreds of old books, burnt candles, and a girl, lying asleep over an open book. There was a loud beeping sound, and the girl, Naomi, jerked her head off of the book, muttering a slight "Wha..?" as she woke. Still trying to wake up, Naomi felt around the desk blindly for her wand, lifting it into the air, waving it slightly, and shutting off the alarm. She let out a long sigh, and stood up. Looking over at the clock, she realized what time it was, and rushed into her bedroom to change. She quickly changed into what she usually wore, and quickly brushed her hair into it's normal, spiked design. Then, adjusting her hat, she promptly sat back down on the wooden stool, and flipped the page of the book, attempting to memorize the many spells and tricks in the book. Blood magic could be very complex at times, and she wanted to be among the best of the best.
After two hours of reading, Naomi rubbed her eyes, grabbed her wand and a portable version of the same spell book, and went out the door. She stepped out into the busy street, nearly being ran over more than twice from simply standing there. She then pivoted on her heels, and headed down the street, not going anywhere in-particular.
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:15 pm

A house
Under much investigation fortunado believes he has found the location of one of his more elusive targets. He hadn't seen many criminals who could seemingly found a way to be under his nose for such a time. He first knocks on the door politely, waiting to goad him out to an easily attackable position. A strangely strong,burly voice comes out and responds, "Wh-" Before he can finish the line the hunter kicks down the door and begins shouting like mad.

He soon realizes he makes a mistake as 10 or 15 boys in blue lock their gun-sights on him. He has seemingly found his client in a gruesomely maimed and killed fashion. He slowly lowers his weapons and quietly puts his hands behind his back. He's easily realized that he's outnumbered (and on the wrong side of the barrel of a gun). they take him away. He could consider this the worst mistake of his career, but he quickly thought I don't think these kind of things matter so close to the end of my life.

Prison
He is transported to the police department. He tries to explain but the officers hear none of it. He is immediately locked in a cell until they can find proof he is not involved in the brutal killing. He'd made a quick call (OOC: acting like we have some sort of steampunk phone service). His friends should be able to prove him innocent. By the time his target-found-too-late died he was investigating in a nearby town. His friends should be able to deliver the documents to prove that.

For now he is stuck in a musty, dank cell with a variety of cellmates. Each one here for separate reasons, but at this time he just had getting out more than busting out a conversation...
Last edited by Saleon on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Qwanch
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwanch » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:19 pm

The Tophat Empire wrote:On top a roof in the less pleasant parts of town wiking sat, hidden under a black cloak, the only sticking out was five centimeters of his rifle. He was not worried about being detected, he was high up and had been sitting in the same position for the several hours. "I swear to fraking god if this bastard don't show his face soon my leg will go numb and have to be amputated" wiking thought, scanning the entrance to a brothel some 500m away. Since arriving in the city 5 days ago he have had one mission, hunt down former captain turned bandit Ingvar Charlsted and bring him in on 5 accounts of unjust murder, and untold accounts of robbery. Ingvar was wanted, but wiking could not wait for the local police to handle it, it was a matter of upholding the honor of a military. plus the money from the bounty on his head would be a nice boost to Wiking treasury.

Suddenly the door to the brothel opened and wiking adjusted his sight "Come on out you little.." wiking quietly mumbled, hardly moving his lips. one man exited, then another. None of them Ingvar, then a third man exited and looked around. Seeamily pleased with himself, It was Ingvar. Wiking adjusted his sights one last time and started to mutter "Return to the void, where you will face divine judgment... Exterminate!". wiking pressed the trigger, a small sound indicated that the round had been fired. 0.3 seconds later there came a small flash from the rifle. this was not a gunshot, but the built in scope camera taking a picture. Showing Ingvars surprised expression, a hole in the center of his forehead showing that the shot was on target. Wiking chambered a new bullet, still not removing his eyes from the scope. In case he needed another bullet to finish the job. But ingvar was dead before he hit the ground. Wiking rose from his position and started to walk away towards his flyer.

2 Hours later,

Wiking entered the police station, he had left all his weapons in the flyer outside. the only officer inside the station was a rather depressed looking reptile, wiking walked up to him and said "Excuse me sir, But could you be so kind and redirect me to an officer who can help me with bounty collection?"

Aaron was alone with the chief that day. Everybody else was assigned interesting jobs while Aaron was stuck in the station doing paperwork and clerical duties on mundane minutia, which he passionately hated. Seeing Wikes come in, he gazed to him, hopefully.

Responding to him, he simply stated, "I am he."

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:27 pm

Armor on, sword at his side, Blood Banks full, Einrich walked out into the streets with the intent of visiting the local Constabulary. Walking into the building and noting the citizen and Aaron in the middle of a conversation, standing to the side of the desk and awaiting the full attention he needed. Einrich fingered his blade anxiously before blurting out "Aaron we might have a problem that needs discussing, urgently."
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:15 am

Qwanch wrote:
The Tophat Empire wrote:On top a roof in the less pleasant parts of town wiking sat, hidden under a black cloak, the only sticking out was five centimeters of his rifle. He was not worried about being detected, he was high up and had been sitting in the same position for the several hours. "I swear to fraking god if this bastard don't show his face soon my leg will go numb and have to be amputated" wiking thought, scanning the entrance to a brothel some 500m away. Since arriving in the city 5 days ago he have had one mission, hunt down former captain turned bandit Ingvar Charlsted and bring him in on 5 accounts of unjust murder, and untold accounts of robbery. Ingvar was wanted, but wiking could not wait for the local police to handle it, it was a matter of upholding the honor of a military. plus the money from the bounty on his head would be a nice boost to Wiking treasury.

2 Hours later,

Aaron was alone with the chief that day. Everybody else was assigned interesting jobs while Aaron was stuck in the station doing paperwork and clerical duties on mundane minutia, which he passionately hated. Seeing Wikes come in, he gazed to him, hopefully.

"Very well, I wish to collect the bounty of Ingvar Charlsted, if you want the corpse the address is written on the back of the photo" wiking said, handing him the photo taken by the scope camera, on its backside the address of the brothel was written
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:56 pm

Fortunado quickly peers out to see who is speaking. After looking he recognizes the bounty hunter in question. "oh frick it's that dang bounty hunter," he mumbles, hoping not to be noticed in the cell. He turns silent to not draw attention from him.

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:36 pm

As Naomi walked, she opened her portable spell book, flipping through the pages and reading as she walked. She nearly bumped into more then seven people as she walked, but continued anyways. After a ways of walking, someone called out "Hey!"
Naomi briefly lifted her head out of the book, looking around.
"Hey you!" The voice called again, and Naomi turned to see a policeman running after her, baton raised. Startled by the movement, Naomi began running away from the man, dodging in and out of crowds of people. Why is he chasing me!? Naomi thought wildly as she ran, cutting sharply in-between various individuals. She could still hear him calling, and she turned around briefly to see how far he was away. As she did so, she ran smack-dab into someones wagon, and fell backwards, dazed. She blinked and groaned, a headache forming. As she looked up, she saw the over-weight policeman looking down at her, a grimace on his face. "You're under arrest for carrying...this." He said, swiping the spell-book from her hands.
"Wha...but I...It was legal...just a week...ago..." Naomi struggled to say, the breath still knocked out of her from the impact.
"Newsflash darling. Stay up with the news." He said, lifting her off the ground and cuffing her hands behind her back.
He walked her into the police station, shoving her into one of the holding cells rather roughly. She sighed, frustration clearly showing on her face. Too bad she didn't know a spell to teleport. Yet.

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:44 pm

Brushing the bounty hunter out of the way and slamming his armored hands into the side of the desk Einrich says "Aaron this can't wait for bounty collection. This is realm shaking, and I'm not sure what to do here for once." Taking of his helmet and revealing his pale skinned, blond haired, and icy eyed nature was something he rarely did. "Please Aaron I don't know what to do here, I need some assistance if I'm to make sense of the situation."
2 + 2 = 5

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Kerzacistan wrote:Brushing the bounty hunter out of the way and slamming his armored hands into the side of the desk Einrich says "Aaron this can't wait for bounty collection. This is realm shaking, and I'm not sure what to do here for once." Taking of his helmet and revealing his pale skinned, blond haired, and icy eyed nature was something he rarely did. "Please Aaron I don't know what to do here, I need some assistance if I'm to make sense of the situation."

Wiking looked at the reptilia as he bashed his fist into the desk "Officer, may i be of assistance. I am former military, i might be able to help you make sense out of whatever is troubling you" he said, watching as a young girl was placed in a cell "She looks to clean and well dressed to have done something illegal" wiking thought to himself

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:13 pm

Dismissing the man with an offhanded wave and saying "This is beyond your scope." before returning to Aaron.
2 + 2 = 5

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:56 pm

"ok," he said, feeling relieved, "I think he didn't notice me. So... what are you all in here for?" He looks around mostly at the lady mage. Before he can let her talk he remarks to a guard, "hey, got a smoke?" He notices he might've interrupted her and quickly apologizes, "sorry, haven't got over this habit. It might be bad for me but at how long I got... I don't think it matters anymore," and motions for her to speak.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:27 pm

Saleon wrote:"ok," he said, feeling relieved, "I think he didn't notice me. So... what are you all in here for?" He looks around mostly at the lady mage. Before he can let her talk he remarks to a guard, "hey, got a smoke?" He notices he might've interrupted her and quickly apologizes, "sorry, haven't got over this habit. It might be bad for me but at how long I got... I don't think it matters anymore," and motions for her to speak.

Naomi shrugged, swiping a strand of her short brown hair out of her face. "Apparently you can't carry a spellbook in public. At least since last week so they say." She replied. With doing so, she reached around underneath her hat, pulling out another portable version of the spellbook. "Always good to carry a spare." She said, waving the book in hand with a smile.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:55 pm

"Yeah I always hated this town," he retorted, "it's too much of a mix of actually good cops and, well, stupendously bad cops." He finally gets his hands on a cigar, and says, "I should've asked before but you mind if I smoke?"

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:58 pm

Saleon wrote:"Yeah I always hated this town," he retorted, "it's too much of a mix of actually good cops and, well, stupendously bad cops." He finally gets his hands on a cigar, and says, "I should've asked before but you mind if I smoke?"

"No, I don't mind." Naomi replied, plopping herself down against the cell wall and tracing her finger along the miniature book. She'd been trying to memorize all the spells, all the tricks, but it was so much... She didn't know if she could pull it off. But she had to try, atleast. She could do it if she tried, right?

Qwanch
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwanch » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:31 pm

The Tophat Empire wrote:
Qwanch wrote:

"Very well, I wish to collect the bounty of Ingvar Charlsted, if you want the corpse the address is written on the back of the photo" wiking said, handing him the photo taken by the scope camera, on its backside the address of the brothel was written

Aaron was impressed with this man's work. Ingvar was a monster and it was good riddance to such a vile man.

"Well, I will need you to fill out this paperwork and then I'll--"

Kerzacistan wrote:Armor on, sword at his side, Blood Banks full, Einrich walked out into the streets with the intent of visiting the local Constabulary. Walking into the building and noting the citizen and Aaron in the middle of a conversation, standing to the side of the desk and awaiting the full attention he needed. Einrich fingered his blade anxiously before blurting out "Aaron we might have a problem that needs discussing, urgently."

"Einrich! Good to see you, lad! I was just about to dial you up on the phone. Crazy devices coming out these days. I'm busy at the moment, but if its urgent, I'll be sure to hurry..."

Aaron thought that Einrich was having an issue with his armory business again. He would never understand why nobles did businesses when they already had so much given by the crown, but Einrich was a good man and he would give him some advice on how to market his wares in due time. Civilians like different things than the nobility, after all.

"Yes, Mr. Wikes, if you'll sign here and here, and attach this photograph here, I can retrieve the 500 gold shillings as promised in the poster. Wait right--"

Saleon wrote:Fortunado quickly peers out to see who is speaking. After looking he recognizes the bounty hunter in question. "oh frick it's that dang bounty hunter," he mumbles, hoping not to be noticed in the cell. He turns silent to not draw attention from him.

Aaron's sensitive reptilian ears hear this and he mumbles under breath, "Somebody has a guilty conscience. Glad we got'm first."

Castle Crashers wrote:As Naomi walked, she opened her portable spell book, flipping through the pages and reading as she walked. She nearly bumped into more then seven people as she walked, but continued anyways. After a ways of walking, someone called out "Hey!"
Naomi briefly lifted her head out of the book, looking around.
"Hey you!" The voice called again, and Naomi turned to see a policeman running after her, baton raised. Startled by the movement, Naomi began running away from the man, dodging in and out of crowds of people. Why is he chasing me!? Naomi thought wildly as she ran, cutting sharply in-between various individuals. She could still hear him calling, and she turned around briefly to see how far he was away. As she did so, she ran smack-dab into someones wagon, and fell backwards, dazed. She blinked and groaned, a headache forming. As she looked up, she saw the over-weight policeman looking down at her, a grimace on his face. "You're under arrest for carrying...this." He said, swiping the spell-book from her hands.
"Wha...but I...It was legal...just a week...ago..." Naomi struggled to say, the breath still knocked out of her from the impact.
"Newsflash darling. Stay up with the news." He said, lifting her off the ground and cuffing her hands behind her back.
He walked her into the police station, shoving her into one of the holding cells rather roughly. She sighed, frustration clearly showing on her face. Too bad she didn't know a spell to teleport. Yet.

Distracted temporarily from what he heard, he was jarred when the police chief himself, an intense look in his single eye, single handedly tossed a smallish woman into the same jail cell as Fortunado the Ripper. He did not know what she did, except it had to be on par with what the vile man sharing her cell did, which made Aaron shudder. By this time, he had let the other people in the office slip his mind. Aaron was a horribly distractible dragon who quickly forgot things if something more interesting came along.

Kerzacistan wrote:Brushing the bounty hunter out of the way and slamming his armored hands into the side of the desk Einrich says "Aaron this can't wait for bounty collection. This is realm shaking, and I'm not sure what to do here for once." Taking of his helmet and revealing his pale skinned, blond haired, and icy eyed nature was something he rarely did. "Please Aaron I don't know what to do here, I need some assistance if I'm to make sense of the situation."

Jarred back to reality by the sudden noise, Aaron returned from his thoughts to the present situation. Einrich obviously wasn't having a shop problem. He held up a black, iridescent scaly hand to Wiking, revealing the bright red scales on his palm.

"Tell me, Einrich, what's the matter?"

Aaron's mind was racing. Next to his adoptive human parents, he was closer to no other human than this man. Every since the day he flew into Einrich's yard once as a child, the two were boyhood buddies. He hoped he could help him.

The Tophat Empire wrote:

Wiking looked at the reptilia as he bashed his fist into the desk "Officer, may i be of assistance. I am former military, i might be able to help you make sense out of whatever is troubling you" he said, watching as a young girl was placed in a cell "She looks to clean and well dressed to have done something illegal" wiking thought to himself

"Hold on..."

Kerzacistan wrote:Dismissing the man with an offhanded wave and saying "This is beyond your scope." before returning to Aaron.

"Tell me the matter..."

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:42 pm

Leaning in and whispering in Aarons ear "Blood Knights have been going missing, full fledged Blood Knights. Three of them already, and we aren't exactly easy to kill your aware." Taking a piece of broken armor and laying it on the desk, its obvious something violently shattered it.
Last edited by Kerzacistan on Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 + 2 = 5

Qwanch
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwanch » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:47 pm

Kerzacistan wrote:Leaning in and whispering in Aarons ear "Blood Knights have been going missing, full fledged Blood Knights. Three of them already, and we aren't exactly easy to kill your aware." Taking a piece of broken armor and laying it on the desk, its obvious something violently shattered it.

"By the blood of dragons..."

Aaron did not know quite what to make of this. The blood infused into the armor should have rendered it nearly impossible to shatter. Only the most powerful guns could even dent the stuff. That's why the king gave more armor only as they gained his trust. A full fledged blood knight? How could this happen? Aaron had a flashback to the stories of his youth: Anti-magic...the equal but opposite version of magic used in the legendary war against Charlax, goddess of magic...but the war wasn't real, nor were the gods, and the shadowmen who supposedly held sway over these forces had never been seen. Of course, according to the legends, shadowmen disappeared when viewed directly, and were only known as vague splotches of darkness barely visible when viewed from the corner of your eye. Aaron knew better than superstition, though.

"Did you see who, or what, did this?" he whispered.

Aaron took a quick glance with his gold eyes towards Wiking, who had stood patiently for about a minute, now.

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Wiking filled out the form, when he was done and lifted his eyes to hand it back he saw a piece of armor lying on the table. Wiking instantly knew what kind of armor that was, a little surprise he handed the reptilian the form and asked "What in the name of god damaged Blood Knights armor?", he added a thought, not saying it "Hell, i can hardly damage it. and my rifle is specially made".

The Army Republic of Prussia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Army Republic of Prussia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:44 pm

Otto von Schmid jumped off the train and stretched. The train was a bit cramped for the green Reptilian, but it was one of the latest models, he had to ride it. Besides he lived his whole life in human cities, he was used to it. After his joins popped back into place, he gave his old blue uniform a once over looking for any damage. He also gave his guns and explosives a look, he need them for his line of work. Satisfied, he fixed his cap and marched into town. He could have flown, but in the army you had to march everywhere, besides it was nice out. Now all he needed was a job.

Otto marched up to the police station, it was a good of a place as any to look for mercenary jobs, plus bounties had the added benefit of being legal. He open the door and stepped in almost instinctively ducking his head down even though the doorway was tall enough for a Reptilian. The Police Reptilian was already busy with an annoyed blood knight. Otto tried to pick up details of their conversation, either the knight was having personal problems, or being a mercenary in this town was about to get very profitable.
"If that don't work, use more gun"- The Engineer.
"There's something to love about a nation that builds a cannon and then says "Nah, son, not big enough.""-Cumberlanda
The liberal Fascist Alt-history Germany.

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:59 am

"You and I both know an Arch-Mage has trouble with one of us, and nobody would want to be on the other end of our swords. I didn't see this happen, but I want you to know, we didn't find any bodies, not even a piece of one." Pointing at his chest with a thumb and saying "I've been ordered to find the source of these killings and end it. How am I supposed to kill something that rips through our armor like it was paper?" Shaking his head and continuing "That's not even the weirdest part, there's no magical residue on any of the pieces. Infact we cant even use scrying spells on it, any magic it comes in contact with sputters and usually fails. And my father was the one who tried to scry it, and he lost a simple spell like that!" Gesturing to the armor and saying "If the King's Wizard can't do it, I doubt anyone can. I guess this remains a mystery, but they told me I could take anyone I felt would help on this assignment." Einrich gives Aaron a worried looks and says "Except Blood Knights, they don't want to risk anymore of them. So will you come with me? I know its on short notice but there's no time to spare."
Last edited by Kerzacistan on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 + 2 = 5

Qwanch
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwanch » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:39 am

Kerzacistan wrote:"You and I both know an Arch-Mage has trouble with one of us, and nobody would want to be on the other end of our swords. I didn't see this happen, but I want you to know, we didn't find any bodies, not even a piece of one." Pointing at his chest with a thumb and saying "I've been ordered to find the source of these killings and end it. How am I supposed to kill something that rips through our armor like it was paper?" Shaking his head and continuing "That's not even the weirdest part, there's no magical residue on any of the pieces. Infact we cant even use scrying spells on it, any magic it comes in contact with sputters and usually fails. And my father was the one who tried to scry it, and he lost a simple spell like that!" Gesturing to the armor and saying "If the King's Wizard can't do it, I doubt anyone can. I guess this remains a mystery, but they told me I could take anyone I felt would help on this assignment." Einrich gives Aaron a worried looks and says "Except Blood Knights, they don't want to risk anymore of them. So will you come with me? I know its on short notice but there's no time to spare."

Aaron stood up, his wings unfurling.
"It would be my honor to aid you in your efforts. Are they any leads yet? My guess is a particularly powerful cyclops did this. Unless the stories about shadows and antimagic are real, which the lack of magical residue is admittedly eerily similar to the stories, let's just stick with the more likely scenarios."

There, Aaron said it. The more he heard, the more it sounded like the mythos surrounding the Great War, which couldn't have REALLY happened. There was no evidence for the war left over, after all. That said, though, Aaron couldn't get the idea of Shadowmen off of his mind at this point, and he wanted to put it forth indirectly enough not to be laughed at. Not that he was totally convicted it was shadow, but...

The Tophat Empire wrote:Wiking filled out the form, when he was done and lifted his eyes to hand it back he saw a piece of armor lying on the table. Wiking instantly knew what kind of armor that was, a little surprise he handed the reptilian the form and asked "What in the name of god damaged Blood Knights armor?", he added a thought, not saying it "Hell, i can hardly damage it. and my rifle is specially made".

"My point exactly. We're dealing with something I've not seen in my entire career. It will take all the help we can get to solve this crime. Will you offer your services?"

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:47 am

Qwanch wrote:
Kerzacistan wrote:"You and I both know an Arch-Mage has trouble with one of us, and nobody would want to be on the other end of our swords. I didn't see this happen, but I want you to know, we didn't find any bodies, not even a piece of one." Pointing at his chest with a thumb and saying "I've been ordered to find the source of these killings and end it. How am I supposed to kill something that rips through our armor like it was paper?" Shaking his head and continuing "That's not even the weirdest part, there's no magical residue on any of the pieces. Infact we cant even use scrying spells on it, any magic it comes in contact with sputters and usually fails. And my father was the one who tried to scry it, and he lost a simple spell like that!" Gesturing to the armor and saying "If the King's Wizard can't do it, I doubt anyone can. I guess this remains a mystery, but they told me I could take anyone I felt would help on this assignment." Einrich gives Aaron a worried looks and says "Except Blood Knights, they don't want to risk anymore of them. So will you come with me? I know its on short notice but there's no time to spare."

"It would be my honor to aid you in your efforts. Are they any leads yet? My guess is a particularly powerful cyclops did this. Unless the stories about shadows and antimagic are real, which the lack of magical residue is admittedly eerily similar to the stories, let's just stick with the more likely scenarios."

There, Aaron said it. The more he heard, the more it sounded like the mythos surrounding the Great War, which couldn't have REALLY happened. There was no evidence for the war left over, after all. That said, though, Aaron couldn't get the idea of Shadowmen off of his mind at this point, and he wanted to put it forth indirectly enough not to be laughed at. Not that he was totally convicted it was shadow, but...

The Tophat Empire wrote:Wiking filled out the form, when he was done and lifted his eyes to hand it back he saw a piece of armor lying on the table. Wiking instantly knew what kind of armor that was, a little surprise he handed the reptilian the form and asked "What in the name of god damaged Blood Knights armor?", he added a thought, not saying it "Hell, i can hardly damage it. and my rifle is specially made".

"My point exactly. We're dealing with something I've not seen in my entire career. It will take all the help we can get to solve this crime. Will you offer your services?"

"I have to admit, this did caught my interest. I will be honored to help you in your endeavors" wiking said, making a small nod towards the cell "If i may ask, that girl that where just tossed in the cell. what did she do? she looks to well dressed and clean to be a street thug. and i do not recognize her from any wanted poster or books"

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:12 am

The Tophat Empire wrote:
Qwanch wrote:

"I have to admit, this did caught my interest. I will be honored to help you in your endeavors" wiking said, making a small nod towards the cell "If i may ask, that girl that where just tossed in the cell. what did she do? she looks to well dressed and clean to be a street thug. and i do not recognize her from any wanted poster or books"
During their conversation, a small courier comes over to the station with a variety of documents. Fortunado perked up as the guards began whispering in the distance. He grabbed the cigar from his mouth and fizzed out the live cigar on the cold hard cement of the floor. He stood up and wiped the dust off of his pants and waits...
[lie] He was glad to be out in a couple of seconds but now he most surely had to deal with his "favorite" bounty hunter that he sees "Just the perfect amount to not be a thorn on his side."

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse