NATION

PASSWORD

The Last and the Brave (IC, see OOC thread first)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Equestria and Karai
Attaché

Founded: Apr 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

The Last and the Brave (IC, see OOC thread first)

Postby Equestria and Karai » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:35 pm

OOC thread here

Misery was probably the best word to describe the life of Helia Wulfwe. Certainly it had started out decently enough, she was never wealthy enough to truly be satisfied nor poor enough to make every day of her life a struggle to survive, but the same could be said for many of Karai’s youth. It was as she grew older that perhaps life seemed as if it would turn out for the better, but of course, The War had to begin.

It started when the large, pink barrier, now seemingly regarding them as an affront to their existence, began to absorb the small port town she was born in, her family fleeing in terror, her mother lost to a mysterious purple gas released from the barrier, along with hundreds of other unfortunate souls. It was then that she saw the Equine’s true intentions, watching her slowly be transformed into one of them, a zealous look in her eyes shortly afterwards. She could not remember what happened afterwards, only that she awoke in a barracks and that she was now part of the Karaian Defense Force. What would follow then was three miserable years of fighting an endless horde of smiling zombies, some of them too familiar. . .

BOOM, the sound had quickly awoken Helia form her sudden lapse into unconsciousness. She awoke to find herself besides a building, once a lovely bar of sorts, now little more than an abandoned building. In the street besides the building was a Type 63, firing a HE-Frag shell presumably towards the horde in front of it. Besides the light tank, there were a few other men and women in their ragged KDF uniforms firing at the unseen hordes, the rattle of their ‘Kalash’s muffled by the shell striking its target. She hurriedly stood up and grabbed her rifle, an AK of some sort (“AKM? Type 56? bah, it’s a Kalash”) and ran towards her comrades, standing beside the Type 63 as a result. “Took you long enough Helia, start firing!” Vasek’s voice already made itself clear to her, carefully clutching her own Kalash as she took a good look at the horde in front of her.

It was like any other horde, an endless mass of pastel and eyes marching slowly towards them, a horrid purple flask in most of their hands. Their eyes were lifeless and beyond saving, fanatical to a very inhuman degree. It appeared that the so called Princesses had become rather adept at turning what were once proud Karaians into little more than empty husks spouting insane blabber about Equine superiority over the evils of humanity, as demonstrated by the slowly approaching horde.

Helia fired her weapon, more hot lead now flying towards the endless horde. The bullets struck multiple different newfoals, oftentimes causing horrible wounds and failing to kill outright, a few screams of pain easily heard from where she stood. However, even then the noise was drowned out by the yells of unity and ponification from the surviving followers, not even a second HE-Frag shell seemingly helping silence these yells, as dozens of newfoals were immediately ripped to shreds. They still came in innumerable numbers towards them, the barrier that lay mere miles behind them adding to the seemingly apocalyptic feeling of the entire affair. At this rate, it would not be long before their small front began to fall apart. The horde was soon supplanted by an uncountable number of Pegasi, visible even from a distance as they escaped the barrier and moved towards the city. Within seconds of their appearance, dozens of shots now begun to head towards them, ranging from 14.5mm all the way to 57mm shells, the Karaian anti-air batteries begun to fire mercilessly, hoping to down as much of the pegasi as possible.

“Negative, negative, we cannot continue holding our position for much longer, artillery support is not enough!” The shouts of their commanding officer were heard in the background. It was at this point that the horde was now close enough to begin throwing their flasks at the Karaian infantry below. It was here that Helia and her squad begun to retreat, realizing their small front was lost. They ran furiously towards their APC, a BTR-60P, one of the older, open-topped models available to the KDF. It took them a few minutes to get in, the BTR soon driving its way back towards what would soon be the new front line, the Type 63 following closely behind. This was how the war had been waged for the past three years, and this is how the people of Karaia thought it would continue, until there was no place left to run.

Code: Select all
To all who are listening to this,

To anyone reading this message, please listen to this message, let us not be forgotten. We are the Karai, a poor nation under siege by an alien opponent. This enemy, referring to itself by the diminutive name of ‘Equine’, is actually a cruel assimilator, wanting to convert every last one of our people to their own forcefully. We cannot defeat this ‘Equestria’ on our own, not without assistance from other nations. We wish for you to at least provide support in one way or another, lest they turn their eyes towards another nation.

Should we be taken over, they shall have enough followers with which to drown another nation with, at which point they shall only recieve even more followers. Soon enough, they could easily become unstoppable should they be allowed to expand violently into other nations, this is something the world cannot suffer, especially not at a time like this. Should Karai be successfully defended from the Equestrian Menace, you shall be thanked till there are no Karaians left to sing your praises.

Signed, the people of Karai
Last edited by Equestria and Karai on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:01 pm

Command and control centre, Crysukon armed forces headquarters
Field Marshal Alueck sangh, head of the armed forces had called a conference of the higher leaders of the army, navy and air force below him to discuss intervention.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the Crysukon National Armed Forces, I have summoned you here today to discuss the strategies we will use upon our intervention in Karai. Central has given us the green light to do so. the 1st army under general Okarin numbering 250,000 will be the ground force, along with sufficient air and naval support which we will calculate as time goes on"

A hand was raised "Sir, do we have authorisation to use Anti Equine exotic weapons?"

Sangh nodded "Yes. they are being loaded along with coventional and incendiary munitions as well" He pointed to a map "the landings will take this route, the navy will transport. a state of war currently exists between us and the Equestrians, and the science division hopes to study this barrier in order to find weaknesses to exploit. Aportik is also on high alert. if there are no further questions, that will be all. Dismissed!"

And with that, the various leaders filtered out, each one had alot of thinking and planning to do. This would be by no means easy.
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Allancia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Allancia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:14 pm

Central Authorization Board, Battenburg, Greater Allancian Reich

Reichskanzler DMIOE addressed the Higher Commanding Authority, also known simply as the High Command.
"My comrades, although we only recently have exited a war, and a long and strenuous one at that, we have a problem. An equine nation by the name of Equestria has recently taken up arms against a simplistic nation named Karai."
The leader of the military, Primary Admiral Nroden, piped up.
"We read the news, sir."
DMIOE continued on.
"Then it is no surprise to us that we must defend them. You have heard of the atrocities committed by the Equestrian menace. Although Allancia possesses Omnicronian Magical Cancellation Technology, we cannot allow for this young nation to be invaded. We may defend ourselves against such a threat as invasion, but hauling the devices themselves would be nigh on impossible across oceans. However, this is no excuse for idleness. As such, with the permission of the Primary Admiral, I would like to declare war."
The room was silent. The Primary Admiral nodded his approval.
"Excellent. In 24 hours, I expect the primary force to be 25% mobilized. In 72, the reserve force should be 50% mobilized. That should be all we require, for now. I wish that our pump inhibitors that which Crysuko, as a League member, has given us, be prepared for deployment. I request that the other 3 chemical weapons be bought in bulk. Keep in mind we will be slow to actually arrive, due to the massive spacial difference between Karai and Allancia, but we should have gotten there in a week or so. Heil Allonzion."
The group saluted the leader, and as they exited, began grumbling, the Head Foreman of the State Labor Sector in particular. He would have a poor time bringing his factories into motion.
Last edited by Allancia on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."
-George Bush

Imperial New Vegas
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial New Vegas » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:31 pm

Alfred Kappel, also known as Courier Six, also known as the Emperor of New Vegas, also known as "that creepy old guy", was a soon-to-be a self appointed section leader in the INVAF. The INVAF was the nickname for the powerful Imperial New Vegasian Armed Forces, the country in which it belonged to playing neutral in the current Equestrian war. His party was completing combat training for full integration into his post-apocalyptic army.

The eight men under his command huddled around him and his small map. They were standing in a desert wasteland stretching on for miles, rocks scattered across the landscape, hills and ditches for cover. Their objective was a small farmhouse a few kilometers downrange. Basically,they had to exercise combat tactics in taking the building. No actual rounds would be fired.

The men were split into two rifle squads of three, as well as the machine gun squad which would provide covering fire.

“I want first squad with the machine gun to move down the field, dig in on that hill, and suppress the enemy in that building,” Alfred said, “Myself and second squad will move along that ditch and make a flanking run. Once you see us in position I want the machine guns to cover first squad as they move to take the left flank. Understood?” Everyone nodded.

As the unit was about to move out, a sergeant suddenly spoke up with panic in his voice. “Sir! Look!

Everyone turned to face where he was pointing, and were shocked to spot a sea of flying objects. For a second, the officer-in-training feared the worst. “Is that an air raid?” He heard the sergeant speak.

Then, he realised the flying objects were not aircraft. Rather, they looked like huge birds.

Ten of the armored ponies landed in a loose circle around them, their hooves making muffled thumps as they made contact with the dirt.

"Oh look, a new mutant" Alfred said casually, without any real care.

“Hello, sir,” the pegasus said politely, “I’m Warrant Beaten Hoof. I need you to hold still while you are restrained so you can be integrated into her majesty Princess Celestia’s kingdom.”

The soldiers merely stared at the guards dumbfounded. “What...” The officer started.

The guards suddenly lunged at the men, tackling them to the ground. Private Brian Kale, a young and skittish soldier, panicked and raised his rifle while simultaneously chambering a round. As a pegasus lunged at him, a loud crack rang through the air, and a .303 round was ejected from the barrel of his rifle. A red mist sprayed from the pony’s back as he was hurtled away.

There were two loud cracks and the two other armored pegasi collapsed, dead. Then it was heard, the sound that could strike fear in ponies for miles around. The sound of death.

"FUCK YOU! YOU THINK YOU CAN FUCK WITH ME?" Alfred shouted, slamming the end of his axe into yet another pegasi's head. Already a pile of dead bodies had formed a perimeter around the untamed maniac, Alfred eagerly adding onto the piles with a fresh batch of soldiers.

“This thing is crazy!” one said, backing away as Alfred neared them."

“Thanks for the compliments, pumpkin,” Alfred said, pointing the bloody axe end in the soldier's direction. “So instead of killing you along with the others, I’ll just be sticking this axe straight up your ass!” The Pegasi gulped, with Alfred smiling even wider. “Though I am going to keep it a secret which end will go into you ‘til the time is right, sweetcheeks. Let’s say it’ll be a nice surprise.”

The soldier running instantly, forgoing his duty to his country and companions to save his own ass, literally. Making his way to the five remaining guards while whistling in a nonchalant manner, Alfred stopped before them and held his arms wide open.

“So, who’s it going to be to take on me? Come on, I can handle you all on at once! I’ve experimented a bit in my younger days, so come at me! Fuck, I was in the military, just like you guys! I know how it goes down in the locker rooms!” Alfred shouted, winking with a perverted intent at the remaining soldiers.

The remaing Pegasi, like the previous one, also retreated.
Last edited by Imperial New Vegas on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The flag of the pre-war American Commonwealth with various chems and drugs replacing the stars, representing a love of the old world and a love of drugs.

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:21 pm

Dominion Policy Committee
Erota, Dominion of the Lubyak
Emergency Meeting

Justicar Tatyana Romanova threw her folder onto the table, scattering photos of the distant land across the dark brown oak. Long brown hair framed a rounded face, and two light blue eyes stared out at the figures gathered about the table--the minds and beings that ran the Dominion of the Lubyak. Straightening her back, she took a deep breath, and began her presentation to the Policy Committee.

“These are photos from the most recent Panoptes pass over Karai,” she said, speaking over the rustle as the Ministers and Chiefs of Staff passed the photos around one another. “Our analysis of these photos have been uploaded to your briefing pads, and you are free to peruse them for more details as you wish,” she said, stepping back, and motioning towards the holographic projection that dominated the centre of the room. It quickly rotated and zoomed in on the landmass of Karai, and displayed the photos in context. “As you can see this...’barrier’ as the local are calling it has advanced rapidly. It now covers a significant portion of the Karaian landmass.”

“And what are we to do about it?” Governor-General Alexandrov spoke up, as he looked away from the photos in his hands. “Furthermore why should we care? We are stretched thin as it is.”

A faint murmur of agreement ran about the room, before Field Marshal von Halberstadt spoke up. “With our commitments against Krazelya and Taros, not to mention the new Montesardi deployments we have little to spare, especially against a foe that seems so remote to our interests.”

“Comrade Marshal, Governor-General, I and the rest of the Second Directorate must beg to differ,” Tatyana spoke up, frowning as she matched her warm blue eyes with the cold grey of Alexandrov’s. “As you can see, the barrier as described a wall of pink energy, and the beings pouring through bear little to no resemblance to Equus sapiens as we know them,” she said. “But they are not unknown to us....a very similar event occurred on our doorstep, but it was a series of pink portals not a barrier.”

A shiver went through the room as Tatyana’s meaning dawned on them all.

“Hippostania?” Alexandrov asked. “Is this what the Second Directorate truly believes?”

“We have no confirmation, Sir,” she replied. “But the theory seems to have significant support. The energy readings we’re receiving match those of the Hippostani portals quite closely. We may be looking at the origin of the Hippostani ponies.”

Dr. Natalia Osalina, still serving as interim Minister of Foreign Affairs uncrossed her legs and leaned in. “The Hippostanian almost plunged us into nuclear war multiple times.”

“We all remember them, Doctor, no need to remind us,” Alexandrov said as he narrowed his eyes.

“If our suspicions are true, then this could represent a dangerous new threat, Governor-General,” Tatyana spoke. “If the portals were their first attempt, then this...’barrier’ represents something new and potentially disastrous. We recommend immediate military action to prevent the fall of Karai.”

“Fighting alongside the APU,” Dr. Osalina cautioned from her seat, gently tapping her glasses against her cheek. “That could have serious political repercussions in Poneria proper.”

“They will be worth it,” Alexandrov said, cutting off the conversation then and there. “We brought the Hippostanians to heel, and I will not let that threat raise itself again. Commit whatever resources we can to deal with the threat.”

“These reports say that the barrier is impenetrable by all known conventional weapons and materials,” Marshal von Halberstadt spoke up. “If it continues advancing, will that not just make the war a lost cause?”

At that, Tatyana could hardly suppress her smirk. “I’m certain that we will have a solution for that problem, Marshall,” she said. “In fact I aim to travel to Karai personally to ensure it is carried out.”

Official Communique from the Dominion of the Lubyak
Addressed to the Leadership of Karai
Encryption: None

On behalf of the Office of the Governor General and the Dominion Council, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs hereby issues the following statement, representing the position of the Dominion of the Lubyak.

You may be surprised to be receiving this message from us, a state which features nearly 20% population of Equus sapiens, but the Dominion frowns upon genocide in all its forms, and the annexations of your land by these invaders is no exception. That the creatures storming your lands resemble the ponies of our lands is no excuse. We may have had experience with these beings before, and we no longer believe they are of the same species as our own equine citizens. However, we can not confirm this. Nonetheless, the Dominion of the Lubyak wishes to aid you in any manner in which it can.

To begin with, we wish to ask your permission to deploy an Army sized formation of units to your territory, along with a full Air Fleet in support. We also would request permission to deploy naval vessels within your territorial waters. A full list of units being prepared for departure to your shores is available upon request.

In addition, we would also like to begin provision to you of emergency military aid in the form of modern equipment, along with logistical support and instructors to integrate this new equipment into your military. Details of this assistance program, in addition to potential for future economic assistance can be discussed in more detail if you choose to accept our offer.

The plight of beings in distress is one that we all must answer, and the Dominion stands ready to aid Karai in its time of need.

Thus Declared and Approved,
Lukas Alexandrov, Governor-General of the Dominion
Last edited by Lubyak on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kreigsherr
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreigsherr » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:38 pm

Kaspar stood in the room silent and unspeaking, the man before him at the desk was silent and seemed to stare out the window as if in deep contemplation. Kaspar took a few moments to observe the second most powerful man in the Kreigsherr. Reichsmarschall Rodan’s dark gray uniform was impeccably clean, its creases looking sharp enough to cut a finger. His white hair was cut and parted as per officer regulation.

“Secretary Herbold, I assume you’re curious as to why you have been summoned” said the Marshal as he turned his seemingly perpetual stern gaze towards Kaspar, his dark blue eyes reminding Kaspar of his own father when he had been disciplined as a young boy.

“Truthfully I am, it is not often I am ordered to drop everything and come at once.” Kaspar said with a bit of irritation in his voice.

“My apologies for my lack of etiquette but the matter needs attended to at once.” explained Rodan in a soft voice. Leaning forward Rodan placed a tablet on the desk and motioned for the Secretary of Foreign Affairs to take a seat.

“There is a matter of grave concern developing in a small country of little note named Karai. It seems they are under assault from some supernatural menace that seems determined to strip them of their humanity.” said Rodan as Kaspar quickly read through the dossier that had been compiled for him. If it was true he was uncertain why he had been summoned here by the Marshal.

“And I was called here because..?” asked Kaspar truly confused as to what capacity his presence was supposed to serve.

“Obviously because I need to know the optics of what would happen if the Wehrmacht were to deploy its forces into the country. I realize we’re catching flack from Thoricia and others from the region for our presence in helping the Hiluxians, however this matter is enough of a grave concern to me that I feel forces should be deployed at once, I need you to spin it in the correct light to our neighbors to cease there grumbling about our actions.” explained Rodan

“I think I can manage that Reichsmarschall Rodan, I see no reason for others in the region to be overly concerned with us going to war to save the human race.” stated Kaspar as he stood up and rebuttoned his coat. “If there’s nothing else I wish to return to my duties and I will initiate contact with these Karai as well as have a press release drafted.

Official Communique from the National Socialist States of the Kreigsherr

It is with a heavy heart we witness the dark events that have transpired in your country. Dark events that are an affront and a crime to all humanity. Dark events that if not stopped could see the eradication and extinction of the human race. This is not a thing the Kreigsherr will allow happen, and it has been declared we will stand shoulder to shoulder with our newly found brethren in Karai and together we will meet this foe and shatter them asunder and force them to return to whatever dark pit of Abbadon they have crawled out from.

I am authorizing the deployment of ships from the Kriegsmarine, aircraft from the Luftwaffe and divisions from within the Reichswehr immediately and with your permission they will begin deployment at once within your borders.

I can only hope you can hold out long enough for our forces to help you and return these fiends back to whence they came and together we will stand triumphant for Karia and for humanity everywhere

Superior In Aeternum
Felix Rodan,Reichsmarschall the Werchmacht

Fantrum
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:04 am

Sapphire Sands sighed deeply as she surveyed the devastation around her, she was standing in the middle of a bombed out intersection that had been hastily repurposed into a triage center for the swarm troops, which the humans had taken to calling NewFoals. The utter destruction of this human city took the dark blue unicorn's breath away, the once vibrant store fronts had teemed with life not long ago lay in ruin, filled with bullet holes or detonation impacts. A mixture of shattered glass and other rubble clogged the road except a thin clearing down the center of the street to allow the stream of ponies heading for the front to pass. Sapphire was surrounded on all sides by ponies in all stages of death or dismemberment, they had been arranged in order of severity from east to west, with those in the eastern side of the ward being relatively stable and those to the west in critical condition. Screams of pain and agony filled her ears and she desperately wanted to shut them out, to go back home and be with her friends and family. But she couldnt, this was what she had to deal with, a war that was mildly popular back home as long as not too many ponies came home in body bags and the profits kept rolling in. She hated every minute of this existence, and yet she had lived it for nearly three years now, patching up the NewFoals and sending them back into the fight. When the war had started, Sapphire had been drafted almost outright for the medical corps, as her talent was plainly displayed on her flanks in the form of her two twined snakes and wings. She had spent her six months of basic in a daze, merely doing what the overly loud instructor mare yelled at her to do, then the next three years following the front line with a box of first aid healing potions and her medical magic. What she had seen was more than anyone could ever have imagined possible, unspeakable horrors laied out before her... She shook her had quickly to clear her thoughts away and focused on the task at hand, a new batch of NewFoals were coming in from the front and required her attentions. She rushed over to the first stretcher and looked the poor stallion over, both of his forelegs were missing at the elbow and he was babbling incoherently about mamma. The medical mare could only wave her horn over his leg nubs and cast her healing spell, which closed up his wounds and stopped the bleeding, his legs would have to be regrown in a better equipped hospital, not some frontline triage center. She hated seeing anypony like this, confused, in agony, and scared, it just wasnt something she liked to stomach, but she did, because these ponies needed her help and if not her who else? Most of the disgruntled equines around her were no longer in their crazed state of blind bravery, as the spell used to brainwash them into utter compliance failed when the host pony was subjected to extreme amounts of pain and these ponies around her were in such a way. Using the NewFoals as cannon fodder was the only way the top brass could make the war appealing to the population at home and that meant using them as a slave army to achieve the army's goal. There werent many that agreed with the barbaric tactic, but it kept real ponies out of enemy fire so everyone just grunted at the necessary evil. Judging by the amount of fresh patients, Sapphire guessed that there was a new offensive going on in her neck of the woods. She just gritted her teeth and bared though it moving from one injured pony to the next, doing what she could before continuing on or calling over the ponies with more specialized medical spells than herself. By the end of the day, she was exhausted, collapsing on her cot, one street over from the makeshift medical center as the replacement shift filled her spot on the line. She looked forward to seeing her brother again, after a long day putting ponies back together it would be a wonderful feeling to speak to someone in something other than an urgent tone. She hadn't seen him as she made her way to her sleeping arrangement, and didnt bother waiting for him before flopping down on her back and closing her deep emerald eyes.
"I expected you to be an eggplant." - Felkesjud
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante
"I imagine Fantrum as Flippy." - Danz Herlmon

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:45 am

Message to Karai from Field Marshal Sangh:
"We, the crysukons are sending a sizeable force to operate in your territory with your permission. Troops will land shortly and begin constructing a main operating base at the landing site in the northern costal territory. Once all forces have arrived, we will render assistance as needed"

The landings took place unopposed, and construction teams and vehicles found a suitable location to build the base, while other forces secured the immediate area around it.

Crysukon main operating base, northern Karai

"Alright, gents. Pay close attention" said an officer, placing what looked like a cylindrical grenade with a violet band around the middle. "The chemical contained in this canister is Lyserndrin, it burns Equine skin like the strongest acid, but leaves us relatively unaffected. Don't inhale it, though as it can cause acute respitory irritation. Some cases of pleurisy have been reported, so handle with care"

As the troops filtered out, each one picked up a chemical grenade and examined it, each one feeling a little more powerful for having such a weapon with them. Other chemical weapons as well as the Kuuvrin plague were in their way and when the troops were tooled up with them, then they would make their move.
Last edited by Crysuko on Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Imperial New Vegas
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial New Vegas » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:30 am

Telegram to Princess Celestia

Your buddy warrant hoof beaten (or whatever the fuck his name was) entered MY country and threatened to turn me and my men into horses. Fucking crazy ain't it?

Well, I can safely say Pegasus wings make an excellent dinner. Now here's the deal. I'm going to order you to cease hostitities with Karai. Do this, and I won't turn your country into a wasteland like mine. Otherwise, you will face the full might of New Vegas and the Alliance of Oppression.

Have a nice day.

With love, Alfred Kappel.
The flag of the pre-war American Commonwealth with various chems and drugs replacing the stars, representing a love of the old world and a love of drugs.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:58 am

Beach unloading zone, makeshift supply base near the MOB
As one of the cargo 'copters landed carefully and a ramp set down, men is full Hazmat gear began unloading large canisters with an orange band around them with "KUUVRIN" emblazoned on them in black capitals. Two soldiers noticed.

"I hear the plague doesn't effect us, why the worrying then?"
"diseases like to mutate, the boys in the lab are trying to fix this, but it must be treated like any other biohazard"
"Have you seen it's effects on the equines? it's brutal"
"really? what does it do?"
"I was posted as a guard when this stuff was being tested, It didn't do anything for a little while, but then suddenly, BAM! necrosis! flesh falling straight off their bones! I tell you, It was hard to look at, even for us"
A malevolant grin adorned the other's face "and it's going to be launched straight at them". Both men shared a hearty laugh.

Meanwhile, At the MOB
Construction had continued, and more facilities and structures had taken shape. Lieutenant General Esrian Orias, head of this sector of the operation, was also present and making arrangements for further plans to be put into action.They would have to make an attempt at remaining concealed, not all the troops and supplies had arrived and the exotic weapons that would be their trump card had only arrived in small quantities
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:05 am

LNS Cambreth
Approaching Karai

Even with the use of only active forces, ready to deploy on a moment’s notice, it took time to assemble a force the likes of which the Dominion was sending to Karai, and it took time to load them on to ships. It then took time for the ships to sail from their home ports to the assembly point, and time again to sail from the assembly point to the warzone. Even with the aid of all the communications and navigation gear the modern world could provide, time was the great enemy that haunted every commander’s dreams and nightmares alike. Lubyakan commanders of all kinds had the lessons drilled into them, over their years at the academy and service. Time was always the key.

With Karai, time was the enemy. The Karians had held out for years, steadily losing ground to the enemy, and having what few resources they had ground down to bare bones. Inch by inch, mile by mile, their land had been dragged under the bubblegum pink barrier, locked off from them. They had lost hordes of their population to the chemical weapon that turned humans into Newfoals. It was amazing that they had held out so long, and now their struggle was at an end.

“The 42nd Equestrian Rifles will be deployed to Karaian home areas. They should help to stiffen the Karian’s defences for the time being, until we can take the offensive,” Field Marshal von Seckendorf said, motioning at the holographic map of Karai projected in front of her and the combined staff’s of the new Lubyakan Karai Expeditionary Army. She was dressed in the dark green uniform of the Army, her greying hair tied back behind her head. Stern green eyes looked out at the officers from the Army, Navy, and Air Force’s component all sat around the table in the flag bridge of the battleship Cambreth, the flagship of the combined fleet and command centre for the whole operation.

“Ma’am?” Colonel-General Fleet Hoof said, rustling his wings in confusion. “Surely deploying an Equetrian division to the Karaian pocket will lead to...complications.”

“Will we be focusing on evacuation, ma’am?” Colonel General Fleet Hoof spoke up, rustling his tan wings as he rested a hoof on the table.

“No, focus on holding the line as best you can until we can launch an offensive,” Seckendorff replied. “If the last Karaian pockets fall, this will all be for naught. As we understand it, the barrier is only limited to equestrian beings. You can hold your position better than most, as you may well be able to fight under the barrier against whatever is on the other side.”

“Even so, with the barrier expanding, I doubt we can do much but prevent their retreat from becoming a rout,” Commodore McCulloch spoke up. “Even if the 42nd can hold out indefinitely on the other side, the Karaians can’t, and neither can any of our other forces. I can not see an offensive being feasible.”

“The barrier is the key to it all,” Field Marshal von Seckendorff agreed, as she looked at the map. The great wall of pink engulfed much of Karai, like a cell consuming its food. “We can only presume that the enemy’s key centres of economic, political, and military strength lie behind it. So long as it remains intact, we can not take the offensive, and we can not win.”

“Ma’am?” McCulloch asked, his brow furrowed in confusion.

“I believe that this is where I enter the equation,” Justicar Romanov spoke up, stepping out of the shadowed corner of the room into the light. The collection of officers turned as one to stare at her, standing out by her frilled, lacy dress in opposition to the stern uniforms of the rest. “The Judiciary believes that it is possible to bring down the barrier using....certain techniques the Dominion has had in development for a long time.”

“Why haven’t we heard of this?” McCulloch snapped.

“It has been classified until now,” Tatyana replied. “I’m sure you are all familiar with the Bardiche incident?”

A quiet nod went about the room. Every Lubyakan service being had heard of the Bardiche, towed into a Montersardi harbour, with its missile room and command center nearly destroyed, and surviving crew unable to say anything about what had happened.

“By the Sisters....you’re going to use whatever it was on that damned boat here?” Fleet Hoof said, his eyes narrowed as he glared down the small woman. Somehow, she met his gaze with the same wistful smile on her face as always.

“Yes, Colonel-General,” she said. “It will be its first operational deployment. I can not assure you that this deployment will bring the barrier down, but....the Judiciary has every reason to believe it will.”

“It all hinges on this,” Seckendorff said to her staff, but with eyes locked on Tatyana’s. “If we can bring down the barrier then we can land on the Equestrian flanks, and strike straight through towards the enemy’s key areas. If we can not...”

“If we can not then we can focus on evacuation,” Tatyana said, waving her hand as she broke off eye contact. “But...I have confidence.”

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:50 pm

Crysukon MOB
"sir" Said a soldier to Lt.Gen Orias, holding a communications device. "One of our outer patrols has encountered something and Intelligence deemed it worthy of your attention". Orias nodded, and dismissed the soldier before picking up the device "This is Orias, what is it you've found?"

"An equestrian, sir". The hairs on the back of his neck pricked, contact!
"and?"
"They...they asked if we would be so kind as to convert from our ever so violent forms to a more civilised one"
Orias was silent for a moment. How strangely courteous of them "what did you do?" he asked.

"We declined, and said we were Kariian militia on patrol at which point they tried to attack us with a syringe device, no doubt the conversion serum. We incapacitated them before they could get us, but the device was destroyed in the struggle"

Orias went silent again, taking this all in "could you identify them as military?"
"no sir" came the reply "we couldn't be sure if they were military or a civilian volunteer, but it's likely they were scouting the area"
"strange" said Orias "they usually travel in groups on the ground and air"
"they do, sir. either this one went against the norm or they were seperated from their group"
Orias stroked his chin, considering his next move "search them and the immediate area for anything of use, then return to base. Another group will be sent on your route to cover you"

"copy that, sir. patrol team 3 out"

Orias set the communicator down. Could they really be this close? The barrier was expanding, yes but surely they could remain hidden for at least a little while longer. It would be a few more days before the last rounds of reinforcements, materials and supplies would arrive. In the mean time, he would keep a close eye on the patrols and oversee the construction of the MOB. He knew what to do, and it was to build and wait for the time being.
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Imperial New Vegas
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial New Vegas » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:52 pm

The Imperial Equestrian Government has committed repeated acts of war against the Government and the people of Karai and invaded the territory of Imperial New Vegas; Therefore be it Resolved by the Emperor that the state of war between Imperial New Vegas and Equestria which has thus been thrust upon the Imperial New Vegas is hereby formally declared; and that the Emperor be, and he is hereby, authorized and directed to employ the entire naval and military forces of the Empire and the resources of the Government to carry on war against the Equestrian Government; and to bring the conflict to a successful termination all of the resources of the country are hereby pledged by the Emperor.

Signed by Joseph Kony

Approved, April 6, 2291
Alfred Kappel

Felkesjud
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Felkesjud » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:06 pm

Equestrian Field Hospital, Central Karai
RN Thunder Flare

The crumbling remains of the houses and shops littered the intersection where the field hospital had been established. Few of the buildings sufficed as cover from potential mortar fire or air strikes. But, the little the ponies had, they were thankful for. In the distance, the cacophony of gunfire and explosions, both chemical and magical, could be heard, causing an ever-present chill down Thunder's sunglow back. Trickles of sweat adorned his azure crest, and his seafoam eyes squinted under the glaring sun. He had finished up loading injured ponies coated in blood into carts. Craning his neck, he noticed that one of the ponies' wounds must have opened up in the labour; Thunder's coat was stained with the red lifeblood. Sighing, he took comfort that, at the very least, the weather was nice today. For three years, and twelve seasons, the two armies fought. Although, Thunder Flare has only served in the later two. In the spring, constant rains made the advance through mud difficult. Disease festered in the pools of rainfall polluted by war and death. In the summer, heat beat down on both sides, and both dehydration and sun-stroke plagued the clashing forces. The fall and winter were not much better, where frostbite and the flu prevailed. Were it not for the fact converted humans were largely footing the bill of the raging conflict, a fact which Thunder detested, he doubted many back home would stand for such a destructive war.

As it stood, Thunder had moral issues with this war, already. Growing up, he had always been taught to be pacifistic--that violence solved absolutely nothing. His parents had taught him and his sister important life lessons about how to politely and safely address issues to try and suit everyone. The very same morals it seemed near everypony was taught. But, where were those morals now? Where was the believe that bloodshed was unnecessary, when blood flowed freely along the streets, filling the sewers? Thunder knew not the answer to that question, and it tormented him. It seemed the only sane ponies in this entire war were so few in number, he didn't know many besides his sister and himself. Even then, it was practically a crime to voice such concerns for the enemy, or even one's country. So, he remained silent, taking solace in that his sister shared most of his beliefs, even if no one else did. Maybe that was why he followed her into the medical branch of the Army, when pegasi were almost always thrown in the Equestrian Air Force. He wanted to help others and heal injuries, not lead ponies to their death, or cause the killing of humans. The path had been blocked with paperwork and obstacles, especially considering his high-prowess in flight, making him more of an ideal flyer, rather than medical aide. But, in the end, he and his sister had won out and had been reunited, if only to witness the tragedies of war together, instead of apart.

But, as time showed, that one simple fact was likely the only thing tethering him to his sanity. Toting a bag of medical supplies, as he often did, Thunder shifted from tent to tent, stopping where he was needed, and moving on when he wasn't. The steady inflow of casualties would be breathtaking to an inexperienced nurse. Even so, Thunder found the whole war maddening. But, he had time to learn to suppress the most powerful of his objections, mainly confiding in his sister. And, by now, Thunder had managed to become one of the more productive members of the field hospital's unit. He was already twenty hours deep into his shift, which wouldn't even end for another four. After that, Thunder would be lucky to score six or seven hours of sleep before another shift started. Weariness haunted the lithe, colourful pony. After two years, bags had accumulated under his eyes, and his coherency suffered at times. By the Princesses, he hated the constant war. It loomed over everyone like a ghastly spectre. Very seldom, it seemed, did the Karians launcher counter-offensives. But, they still had other means to inflict damage, like artillery and bombs. Each night Thunder worried if it would be his last.

Stepping into yet another tent, Thunder found his sibling, Sapphire Sands, resting on a bed. She was lucky, being a certified medic and having studied to be a doctor before being drafted. Thunder slept on a cot, with each night being a struggle in the winter to stay warm. In late spring and summer, despite the warmer weather, the issues the small cot caused for his back and neck, upon waking, were not exactly fun. Sapphire, on the other hand, received a modestly better sleeping quarters, to signify her position of more importance. Thunder was proud of her.

Taking a moment to wistfully stare at how comfortable Sapphire looked, Thunder did his best to gain his composure before trotting up to her and gently nudging her shoulder. "Hey, Saph, sorry to disturb your nap, but we've got another load of NewFoals" --Thunder hated that word, even after two years of repeatedly hearing it. 'Zombie slaves' was more like it-- "and the replacement is swamped and needs your help."
Last edited by Felkesjud on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Allancia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Allancia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:19 pm

Karai
As the ships docked in a lagoon, several soldiers began walking off. The majority of the crew was putting together machinery for the possible invasion they would have to perform, so these few men would have to perform a survey of the area. The sky was heavily clouded, and the planes that had been intended to drop soldiers farther inland were delayed.
"Miserable place this is." One of them grumbled. He was a middle aged man, worked in explosives, and he already had his grenades and wiring tools on him.
"Calm down Henry." Another said. This one was a young man, just over 20, with a small moustache. He had a rifle and a scope on him, making him a sniper. "In a couple of months, we'll have found a way to break down the barrier." More soldiers began filing off the ship onto the sandbar, carrying machine guns and mortars. "They better. I have kids." Henry muttered.
Last edited by Allancia on Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."
-George Bush

Alduinium
Envoy

Founded: Nov 02, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Alduinium » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:00 pm

Alduin was never one to care for what happened outside of his own domain. Even as he grew more interested in foreign affairs, he was never truly interested in that which he could not take advantage of, and given Alduinium's current state, take advantage of things was not often a possibility. Of course, today, it appears he had been granted the mother of all opportunities by the Divines today

It was not often that a rogue ponyist state went on a rampage. It was less often that said states were often run by the so called princesses either. Normally such a random event would indeed go unnoticed, but it appears that Alduin, for all his fears of fighting a war against the princesses, seemed he would finally get his chance, if only against a more than likely inferior phony. Certainly the idea of speaking to his nation about his triumph over the alleged goddesses of the moon and sun in and of itself was good enough, the chance to find another nation singing his praises and calling him a hero was just an extra icing on the cake by this point. It seemed the mother of all wars was to commence, and he would rather not be left out of it.

Official Communique from the Empire of Alduininum

Salutations, beleaguered nation of the world, I come bringing news you would very much like to hear, regarding your situation with Equestria

It is not often that this nation is willing to fight for others. Consider yourself lucky in this regard, for the Divine Light of Tamriel has most assuredly shined upon you. We are sympathetic to your plight against the hostile invasion of your land, and will immediately begin assisting you as soon as the opportunity arises. We will spill our own blood to ensure your safety and endured survival against a grand menace to the world, a nation that has disregarded the ideals it has so supposedly preached in exchange for petty imperialism.

Make no mistake, as misguided as the ideals of Harmonism are, what you are seeing is not true Harmonism. Most pony nations are far more reasonable and less imperialistic, if still quick to react to any potential threats. this Equestria, more than likely an impostor state, is the exception rather than the rule, and I would recommend against treating all other pony states in the same way.

Regardless of your opinions on them, Alduinic forces shall begin to land their forces with your permission, and a naval detachment shall be placed at the ready to commence air support and potential evacuations shall the need arise. Remain confident and proud, nation of Karai and its people, the dark tyranny of the supposed sun goddess shall harm you no longer with our support at the ready.

Till the End of Time,
Evangeline LaRouche, Foreign Minister of the Empire

Fantrum
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:38 pm

Felkesjud wrote:-Snippity snoop-

Medic's quarters, Equestrian Field hospital, Human city

Hills. Green rolling hills for as far as the eye could see streched out in every direction from where Sapphire sat, a gentle warm breeze rustled her light grey and blue mane slightly as the sun shone on her cheeks. Home, she was home. All the sights and smells of the family cottage outside of Manehattan pleasantly coaxed her senses into a comfortable state. She looked down at her hooves, at the soft grass under them, there was no blood here, no screams, or war, only her perfect world. In the distance she heard her mother call for her and her brother to come in for lunch, but her voice was distorted, warped in a way that she didnt remember mother's voice being. Suddenly her world was whisked away and she cracked her eyes hesitantly open to look up into the tired seafoam eyes of her brother, Thunder. He was babbling on about the replacement being swamped with casualties. Sapphire didnt want to deal with all the horrors of war, she wanted to escape back into her dream world where mother was calling to them, where life was simple and all she had to worry about was studying for her next test, not this place. She was about to tell him where he could go when her eyes flickered over his freshly bloodstained uniform, there was so much of it his white medical uniform's left flank was nearly solid scarlet. In an instant she was wide awake and had jumped from her comfy bedding to Thunder's bloodied side.

"Thunder! Are you hurt! Why didnt you get help!" She gushed quickly as she inspected the damp clothing, using her magic to peal it away, revealing a completely uninjured Thunder. It took her sleep addled brain a second to register that her beloved younger brother wasnt hurt, merely drenched in somepony else's blood, but it was all that was required for her to crash from her panicked high in exasperation. "You know what mother would do to me if you went home in any condition other than perfectly fine?" She took a few breaths to calm her rapidly beating heart, "Pacifism be damned, she'd have my head on a pike." She lead the duo out of her tent and into the street.

"Don't ever do that to me again little bro," She said once there was enough room for the two to stand facing one another, she wrapped her legs around his neck and held him close for a while before releasing him and continuing, "Or you'll end up giving me a heart attack." Smiling at him, she finally realized how tired he looked, "When was the last time you slept, Thunder? You look positively dead!" She fretted.
Last edited by Fantrum on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I expected you to be an eggplant." - Felkesjud
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante
"I imagine Fantrum as Flippy." - Danz Herlmon

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:00 pm

Official Message from the Free Kingdom Ministry of War

The Free Kingdom of Allanea, having beheld the atrocities and acts of violence carried out by the so-called Kingdom of Equestria in Karai, as well as the beneficial involvement in the area of our ally – the Dominion of the Lubyak – has decided to join in the Lubyakan operation, offering Karai and the Lubyak our full support. For this reason, Royal edict #445 has been signed by His Majesty, King Alexander Kirillovich Blaken-Kazansky, authorizing the use of armed force in Karai for the purpose of protecting the civil rights of Karai citizens from the pony invader in that area.

The Ministry of War of the Free Kingdom of Allanea hereby requests from the government of Karai that they accept our aid, as well as permitting us to land armed forces in their nation, preferably somewhere near the area of Kharve. Military information regarding the location of enemy forces in Karai would be vastly appreciated by our armed forces, as it would enable us to target the enemy with long-range munitions, which would in turn allow us to reduce both our own, and Karaian casualties, hopefully bringing the war to a swift end.

Finally we would like to request permission to land aircraft directly on Karaian airbases, so that we would be able to carry out direct air strikes against pony forces as soon as possible.

In the same breath, we are offering assistance to our allies in the Dominion of Lubyak. We request for this purpose that our Lubyakan allies lend to us the use of their tactical networks, so that we may receive direct information from them on the location of enemy forces, hopefully permitting engagement of such forces with long- and intermediate-range precision munitions.

Once more we implore the people of Karai: stand strong and steadfast. Help is in on its way.

Fort Munich, New Bavaria, Allanea

The ships began to move, enormous grey shapes standing out against the blue waters of the West Wavewyrm Sea. As they left harbor, they began spreading out across the blue, reducing the possibility of the fleet being wiped out by a single missile attack. They moved forward, enormous shapes of light-grey steel – heavy carriers, light carriers, followed by the angular shapes of the Admiral Mutton Chops class arsenal ships, forged in the shipyards of the Greater Pony Herd, and by flocks of lesser warships – frigates, corvettes, and missile boats.

Behind them follow landing ships and cargo ships, carrying the burden of the invasion force – a regiment of Marine Infantry, and five armored divisions, carried aboard ten enormous prepositioning ships. This is not the entire force that the Allaneans will be bringing – but it is already a force which they feel can swing the scales in favor of the Karaians.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Equestria and Karai
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Equestria and Karai » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:22 pm

Official Message to all our Allies

We thank every nation which has decided to side with us in this desperate conflict. We did not believe any nations would heed our call, at least not so rapidly, and for this we thank you. All of your contributions to our cause shall not be forgotten anytime soon. We shall allow military access into Karai, so long as you tell us what you plan to do. A particular point we believe will become important soon enough is the city of Kharv, as the barrier approaches it, so will the Newfoals, thus we believe it would be vital to hold out on Kharv for as long as possible, if only to end the tide of newfoals, in particular the pegasi swarms that have ruined most of our offensives regardless of how much AA was available to us.

We stress that the barrier must be destroyed at all cost, though we are not sure what means will be needed to do so. So far, artillery fire has done little, though this could potentially be blamed on our meager supplies and dwindling ammunition. Perhaps your more than likely superior armaments can do the trick, though we are still not certain of this. However, we must stress that nuclear weaponry should be avoided and kept to a last resort. We do not wish to have a nuclear fallout to deal with, especially not with the more than likely pitiful state we will finish this war in.

At this point in the war, we can only hope that things soon turn for the better, for if all else fails, we will have to evacuate Karai. Our navy can at most carry a few thousand people off the nation, and we would be left homeless either way. While we do not need to prepare for evacuations just yet, we must prepare for the worst either way, should it turn out that Equestria cannot truly be beaten back. With this being said, we wish you all the best of luck, and may your various deities bless you towards victory.

Signed, Premier Karelia

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:36 pm

Official Message from the Free Kingdom Ministry of War

Comrades in Karai!

Have no fear! Our glorious armed forces are already en route to the area, and the Directorate of Research,, Evolution, And Developement is already working on multiple solutions to the threat posed by the enemy's magical barrier. The prepositioning ships that carry our tank divisions can easily be used to lift off 20,000 refugees each on their way out, so we recommend that you commence choosing and preparing 200,000 refugees to be evacuated even now (more can be moved out if one foresakes passenger comfort and safety).

We on the other hand recommend that you commence arming your citizenry, preparing and training any willing volunteers for a guerrilla conflict against the pony invader, if indeed you are forced to beat a retreat. This would make it harder for the invader horde to control ground and to maintain their power in the area, and in turn make it easier for us to retake the land. Arm everybody capable of bearing arms. Begin digging fortifications and rigging your bridges to blow. Take every defensive measure.

Above everything again, remember now that our fleet draws nearer and nearer to your nation. Very soon, the allies will be on their way Remember now and always: our cause is right, the enemy will be defeated, victory will be ours!
Last edited by Allanea on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Kreigsherr
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreigsherr » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:53 pm

A veritable air armada had been assembled as hastily as possible, two Fallschirmjäger brigades had launched from airfields in Kreigsherr. Each man inside the multitude of planes was fully equipped in fully contained environmental body armor, each suit of body armor had been carefully inscribed with several runes that would protect the armor and it's wearer from certain types of magic. A number of light tanks and other armored vehicles also accompanied the airborne warriors as they headed towards Karai.

Each man and women inside the planes headed was nervous and apprehensive about the fight ahead, far across the ocean away from the warm comfort of their homeland. Each soldier knew why they were headed towards harm though. They did not head there to fight for some god, they did not fly into combat to line some fat cats pocket, politics were of little concern to the soldier of the Kreigsherr as well. Each soldier knew and felt in their heart that their reason to fight was for humanity and to ensure its continued survival.

Meanwhile the Kriegsmarine began its slow but steady assembly for war, multiple U-boats and UB-boats cut through the waters under the waves to provide a silent forward recon for the advanced flotilla that was set to arrive before the main naval assault force reached its destination, a small strip of land along the southern coastline. The pride of the Kriegsmarine would sail with the main fleet, the Prince Karl, a Tirpitz-class battleship that would serve as the flagship of the main fleet. She would be complemented by two more Gneisenau-class battleships and four Kaiser-class carriers along with the escorts and tenders that accompanied such an assault fleet

Equestria and Karai
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Equestria and Karai » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:39 pm

To our Allanean allies

We have already turned most of our citizenry into a fighting force, it is those who are too young to fight that we are worried about. While we already have most of them living in the city of Marinska, where they should be relatively safe from the fighting. Most of our infrastructure is unfortunately apparently destroyed as it is crossed through by the barrier regardless, or replaced by an Equestrian equivalent, we do not believe infrastructure damage will hamper our foe too much. We await the arrival of your fleets, our own fleet shall remain at the ready to assist in any naval operations.

We thank you for your advice, and will make sure to allow refugees onboard your ships, should the need unfortunately arise.

With Best Regards, Premier Karelia

Equestria and Karai
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Equestria and Karai » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:52 pm

Post Co-Authored with Lubyak

Lubyakan Operating Sector
Outskirts of Kharv
Operation Blenheim

It hadn’t been long since the last assault, at least not for Helia. Her squad now began to drive towards Kharv, the next town in which battle was more than likely to commence. In the retreat from the last city, their squad’s BTR-60P had unfortunately broken down, the squad now finding itself ‘reassigned’ to the 3rd Militia Battalion. They rode in one of the Battalion’s SD.KFZ 251 ‘Hanomag’ half tracks, more commonly referred to as ‘hybrids’ in Karai as a result of their somewhat unusual look. Its former occupants had found themselves either ponified or killed, leaving it all to the squad.

Helia herself looked only at her own dirty boots as she waited for them to reach their destination, seemingly contemplating something within her mind. It was only the sudden stop from their halftrack which had made her suddenly look at the driver, or at least she would have had he been visible from where they were.

“We’re low on gas, going to have to refuel this thing real quick.” Their driver simply told them, sighs and moans immediately making themselves known through the squad. It was then that they decided to stretch their legs, leaving the relative safety of the Hybrid to take a better look outside, seeing a few other Half-tracks pass them quite noisily.

After all she’d seen in this war, Helia thought that nothing could surprise her anymore. She’d seen soldiers by their tens clinging to the top of minivans in a desperate attempt to get away. She’d seen friends dragged away, even as they fought to the last bullet, and then went on fighting with knives, teeth, and fists. Yet, what was coming up the road towards the barrier surprised her. She rubbed her eyes in confusion at what she saw.

It was a tank. Not one of the ancient Karaian tanks that hardly seemed worth of the name, but a low built dark green machine. Its turret was oddly shaped, dominated by a massive gun stretching out towards her that the rest of the turret seemed to be built around. It flared out towards the back, and was topped by a smaller turret with what looked like an autocannon sticking out. The side of the turret had the words ‘42nd Rifles’ printed, right next to an emblem displaying a diving falcon above an anvil and crossed swords. Three of these machines were rolling past her, and behind them came what seemed like an endless array of armoured vehicles Anti-air guns rolled forward, clusters of barrels pointed to sky, swinging back and forth as if they were sniffing out prey. Hulking APCs that dwarfed her half track, fitted with massive autocannons, and smaller vehicles towing anti-tank guns and artillery pieces. It seemed as though the column would never end, and she hardly noticed when a group of vehicles broke off and came to a stop in front of her broken down half track.

The hatch of the APC swung open, and a grey furred pony popped its head out, adjusting the helmet it wore as it looked down at Helia. “Hello!” he called out in a strange but still understandable accent. “Ya’ll look like you could use a helping hoof!”
The squad of Karaians trained their sights on the pony, an act of instinct more than anything. Their ‘Kalash’s had long run out of ammo, left alone in the Hanomag and replaced by the slightly smaller, if more cumbersome PPSH for the most part. It took them a short while to finally stop aiming, realizing that he was in fact one of their allies.

“Sorry about that, name’s Sergeant Dreder, we were part of the 5th Mechanized Battalion, though an, uh, accident with our previous ride means we’re riding with the 3rd Militia here.” He matter of factly told the Lubyakan, before walking over to the Hanomag, taking out a small glass bottle. “Some vodka comrade?”

Before the question could be answered, however, a sudden sound of gunfire now ringed violently through the area, unmistakably the rapid fire of a PPSH at close range. It was clearly aimed at the pony on top of the APC, though in such a haphazard manner that all the shots had either missed or had ricocheted off the hull. Before too long, it was discovered that this was in fact none other than the driver of the Hanomag, standing besides his ride with a jerry can by his side and said PPSH on his shoulders.

Before he could do anything else, he was immediately punched in the jaw by Dreder, putting an end to any more fire on his part. “You goddamn idiot, we were sharing some goddamn vodka here!” He said, before turning back towards the pony. “Uh, sorry, still want the vodka?”

The pony popped back out of the top of the APC, glancing around nervously. “Sisters damn it...that makes three times,” he mumbled to himself as he shook his head, pulling the rest of himself out of the hatch. “Need to stick a giant sign on this thing: ‘I AM A LUBYAKAN PLEASE DON’T SHOOT ME,” he said, smiling down at Dreder. “Colour Sergeant Brass Tacks at your service friend, 42nd Guards Equestrian Rifle Division,” the pony said in introduction. “And don’t mind if I do, Sergeant,” he added on as he leaned out of the top hatch, extending a hoof towards Dreder.

Dreder handed him the vodka, a sign of goodwill within Karai. “Yeah, these militia boys and girls are a little wet behind the ears, you know, good thing all they get is Peep-Shas’, otherwise they might try firing rockets at you.” Dreder joked with the Sergeant, taking out a small small sandwich wrapped in cloth, taking a bite from it.

“So you’re headed to Kharv too? Looks like everyone’s pitching for a fight there, not sure why we bother, it’s just going to get gobbled up like every other city, but hey, what can you do, you keep fighting till you’re all dead or they are, what do you say to that squad?” He gave out his opinion, the last portion of his speech recieving a quick “Aye” from the squad, not defeated, yet not entirely prideful either. “Anyways, now that our driver’s a bit cold, well, you have any more room in there comrade? I think our current ride just got ‘damaged’ a bit too much.”

“Not much room inside I’m afraid,” Brass replied. “I’m loaded up with a metric shit ton of fancy electronics for the big shots. You’re welcome to climb on top though,” he said as he waved a hoof backwards. “Should be enough place for you lads to hold on.”

“And yeah, it’s Kharv for us too. Some big shot thought we ought to deploy in front of everyone else, see if we could get some scouts through the barrier to see what the hell’s on the other side,” he added on, as Dreder and his squad scrambled onto the back of the Lubyakan APC.

Dreder, Helia and the rest of the squad began to climb on the APC, careful not to damage anything. “Well, it could be worse Sergeant, you could be stuck with some more Militiamen, good thing they’re being sent to back up everyone but you. Also, thanks for the help, in this thing we’ll probably get there far faster than that old piece of shit ever would, God, and I thought the BTR was a piece of shit.” He both thanked Brass Tacks and cursed the rather poor state of Karaian APC’s, his crew already making comments about their ‘new’ APC.

“Well Dreder, could be worse, you hear about the guys riding horses yet?” Helia asked him, to which Dreder replied with a simple look of surprise. “Bullshit, we can’t be that desperate… on second thought that would explain a lot actually.” He then quickly replied, the end result being a rather depressing conversation on the state of AFV’s in Karai.

Imperial New Vegas
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial New Vegas » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:45 am

Snip
Last edited by Imperial New Vegas on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Montesardo-East Adanzi
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Montesardo-East Adanzi » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:03 pm

-DELETED-
Last edited by Montesardo-East Adanzi on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
A FanT nation with a nekomimi majority. This nation, obviously, does not resemble my actual political ideology. Also note that I disregard NS Stats, please refer to my factbook for verified information.

Want to learn more of MEA? Why not ask? -->AskMEA

Call me Mont, Vant, or Vint. I don't mind, really.
Exchange Rate: $1 NSD = ฿6.14 FDB

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents