NATION

PASSWORD

The 4 WA Questions: NatSov, Nukes, Regulation, Freedom?

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

The 4 WA Questions: NatSov, Nukes, Regulation, Freedom?

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:29 pm

Not entirely sure about the appropriateness of this forum for this, but Ambassadors of the World Assembly, what is your general position on the four questions: NatSov, Nukes, Industrial Regulation, Political Freedom? (that is: are you in favour of NatSov, Nukes, Regulation, and Freedom?)

I feel that these questions pretty much summarise each ambassador's world-view on things (like the Political Compass or the four-letter personality type) and the major subjects of NatSov and Nukes. Perhaps it can blossom into something entertaining.

My answers are: Yes, Yes, No, Yes.
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:32 pm

NatSov yes, Nukes yes. "Regulation" and "Freedom" are far too broad subject areas to make a definitive statement on. What particular kinds of regulation and freedom are you referring to?
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:35 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:NatSov yes, Nukes yes. "Regulation" and "Freedom" are far too broad subject areas to make a definitive statement on. What particular kinds of regulation and freedom are you referring to?

Thanks. Changed it to industrial regulation and political freedoms.
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Ainocra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ainocra » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:51 pm

yes

yes

some

no
Alcon Enta
Supreme Marshal of Ainocra

"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:21 am

"Answers reflect the Dark Star Office of WA Affairs, not my own personal views."
  • NatSov: completely meaningless term, don't believe it has any intellectual validity in the modern WA.
  • Nukes: the WA should regulate but not ban them.
  • Industrial Regulation: what kinds of regulation? if they have an international scope then they should be within the WA's mandate to pursue.
  • Political Freedom: it is unfair for the WA to micromanage democratic nations' elections while permitting non-democratic nations to vote on those resolutions.
  • These questions: utterly specious
~ Vice-Colonel Truculent Bilgewater
Ambassador to the WA

Alternate Universe 912
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alternate Universe 912 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:41 pm

• NatSov:
    • In theory, Nations can leave the WA at any time, so they have full sovereignty.
    • However, in order to maintain officially sanctioned "regions", some nations have little choice but to remain in the WA or abandon established regions and found new ones. As a result the WA has an extra moral responsibility to treat the sovereignty of such nations with great care and respect.
  • Nukes: AU912 opposes international regulation of strategic weapons and energy sources as long as nations do not allow such assets to adversely affect other nations.
  • Industrial Regulation: AU912 opposes international economic regulation as long as nations do not allow their economic growth to adversely affect other nations.
  • Political Freedom:
    The Dark Star Republic wrote:it is unfair for the WA to micromanage democratic nations' elections while permitting non-democratic nations to vote on those resolutions.

• agreed.
~ President Keith Beldan

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:19 pm

Yes. Yes. Capitalist, so no. Authoritarian, so no.

Viewpoints reflect the nation, not me.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Frustrated Franciscans
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Frustrated Franciscans » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:23 pm

I don't think you can give easy yes or no answers to these questions, it always depends on the context.

Natsov: I believe in subsidiarity, government always at a level as close to the people as practically possible. Some issues should not be addressed by the international body, or the national body, or the regional body but at the local village / town level. Others need to be addressed at the higher levels.

Nukes: I don't particularly like them. However, there are plenty of wars that occur without them. I do find it odd that nuclear materials can only be found under rainforests (much like gold is only found under lakes but I digress).

Industrial regulation: See Natsov. Is the issue of a real international scope? Or do you just want to mess with other people's nations and other people's problems?

Political Freedom: (Is Friar Cadfail reading this?) I'm always for political freedom.
Proud Member of the Tzorsland Puppet Federation

Sciongrad
Minister

Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sciongrad » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:29 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:Not entirely sure about the appropriateness of this forum for this, but Ambassadors of the World Assembly, what is your general position on the four questions: NatSov, Nukes, Industrial Regulation, Political Freedom? (that is: are you in favour of NatSov, Nukes, Regulation, and Freedom?)

I feel that these questions pretty much summarise each ambassador's world-view on things (like the Political Compass or the four-letter personality type) and the major subjects of NatSov and Nukes. Perhaps it can blossom into something entertaining.

My answers are: Yes, Yes, No, Yes.

NatSov: The idea - to an extent, yes. My personal leanings are slightly different from my IC nations, but generally, I fall fairly close to the center of the GA political spectrum. The current, mainstream "movement" on the other hand, is really just a populist ideology that exploits the GP-sphere's political clout to pass repeals and blockers that don't explore any greater depth than whether or not the resolutions or issues are "NatSov" enough. But I digress.

Nukes: I think the GA's current nuclear weapons policy is fair, but my nation generally supports stronger regulations on WMDs.

Industrial Regulations: Of course.

Political Freedom: Again, of course.
Last edited by Sciongrad on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Natalia Santos, Plenipotentiary and Permanent Scionite Representative to the World Assembly

Ideological Bulwark #271

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly