NATION

PASSWORD

Battle for Stalingrad (PT, RP, IC, OPEN)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Olorian
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Battle for Stalingrad (PT, RP, IC, OPEN)

Postby Olorian » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:04 pm

THIRD REICH INVADES STALINGRAD

August 23rd, 1942, the German Third Reich invades Stalingrad, the city named after Premier Stalin himself. More than that, the railways inside the city are an important source of oil. Neither side can back down, this city is important to the war effort of the entire war for both sides. Losing Stalingrad, means losing the war.

Wilkommen, or Dobro pažálovat'. This is a PT, RP war scenario of the Battle of Stalingrad. This is also technically an alternative timeline, since this time, it is possible for Germany to win the battle. Now, there will be a lot of mechanics, and a good majority of them will slowly be introduced into the game as they become available. But as a quick piece of advice, make sure you’re warm during the winter part of the campaign.

Now, I am the overall OP of this thread and HIGHCOM, or High Command, for the Soviet Union. The Neu Deutsches Vaterland will be a co-OP, and HIGHCOM for Germany. So some explanation is due. NDV and I will be overall commanders for both sides. We will control the forces not controlled by a PC, direct random events, and just direct the entire pace of the campaign. Everyone who signs up is at first a Company Commander, and will slowly promote and gain access to larger units over time.

Germans start off to the West, or the Northern part of the map. The Soviet Union controls the majority of the map at first, but Germany starts out the battle with more soldiers, and a larger advantage. There will be random events, such as snow storms, heavy waves on the Volga, etc. There is a Terrain Map, and a Tactical Map (Forgive the bad quality of the Tac Map). The terrain map will show you what the overall terrain of each zone is. THIS WILL COME INTO PLAY DURING BATTLES. The tactical map will show you who controls which zones, and which zones are currently in conflict.

Your unit starts near either the dock for the Russians, or the farmland off to the west for the Germans. You will receive your IC orders, as well as promotion and other RP things, from your HIGHCOM. You will then move your men to the location where you are needed, and order how the battle will be fought. Afterwards, I will message you how the battle turns out, and PC’s will RP what happens. YOUR COMPANY CAN BE KILLED. This is important, your Company Commander and company ARE killable. Should your CC die, you will have to make another one. If your company dies, you will get to choose another company, but will lose all veterancy with it, etc. We will update different statistics on your company and CC over time.

German Application: [HIGHCOM is Neu Deutsches Vaterland]
Company: (Name and type, no Air Force or Naval)
Company Commander: (Starts out as a Captain, will include rank, name, and biography)
Size: (Starts out at about 300 soldiers (IF REGULAR INFANTRY, if you wish to be a different type please message your HIGHCOM for unit size), equipment will depend on type of unit and various factors)
Company Description: (A little biography on what your company is like, what they did before Stalingrad, etc.)

Soviet Application: [HIGHCOM is Olorian]
Company: (Name and type, no Air Force or Naval)
Company Commander: (Starts out as a Senior Lieutenant, will include rank, name, and biography)
Size: (Starts out at 400 soldiers (IF REGULAR INFANTRY, if you wish to be a different type please message your HIGHCOM for unit size), equipment will depend on type of unit and various factors)
Company Description: (A little biography on what your company is like, what they did before Stalingrad, etc.)

When we have enough players, I will post that the battle has begun. OOC and IC applies, please be logical and use good grammar. Constructive criticism is encouraged, just do not be rude when doing so. Also, try to keep OOC to messages if possible.

NOTE: I don't take credit for any of the pictures, only the tactical map has been edited by me to a small extent.
Last edited by Olorian on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Olorian
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Olorian » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:08 pm

Tactical Map of Stalingrad. Red areas are controlled by the Russians, blue areas by the Germans. Any area where they touch is a point of conflict.

Wehrmacht:
Neu Deutsches Vaterland, Stalingrad Front High Command
Kenzinia, Kompanie A, Infanterie-Regiment 576, 305th Infantry Division
Murovanka, Kompanie A, 99. Infanterieregiment, 44. Infanteriedivision

Red Army:
Olorian, Stalingrad Front High Command
Nikov Baves, 51st Army, Kursk 126th Rifle Division, 3rd Batallion Executive Officer
Cornelius Dominion, A Company, 27th Rifle Division, 65th Army
Last edited by Olorian on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Olorian
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Olorian » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:09 pm

Terrain map of Stalingrad. NOTE: Gullies, hills, buildings, radio towers, etc. Do actually have tactical/defensive/offensive advantages/disadvantages. So don't rush your company blindly into a entrenched gully unless you want to be wiped.

Neu Deutsches Vaterland
Secretary

Founded: Nov 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Example German App.

Postby Neu Deutsches Vaterland » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Company: Company B, 131st Infantry Regiment, 44th Infantry Division (use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:German_units_at_the_Battle_of_Stalingrad to find a Division and and Regiment in that division.
Company Commander: Hauptmann Russischetoter;( Historical Names are appreciated, but no Rommels, Models, Goerings, or Manstiens)
AN untested CO, Russischetoter really,really, really, really, really hates Russians (please be more detailed, I'm just lazy)
Size: 300 men ( All infantry/Jager Units start at 300, Panzer units start with 200 tanks)
Company Description: this newly formed infantry regiment is filled with young idealists youths from the fatherland to fight the red tide

NOTE: there is a slight progression system. All companies will start as Infantry units, over time you can apply or ill will deem you deserving of Promotion; when this occurs you can change you unit to a more specialized/larger unit; You old one will remain where it is and I will assume direct control and you new/larger unit will start towards the back of our territory as reinforcements.
I.E.: Hauptmann Russischetoter just got promoted to Major Russischetoter; As a part of his promotion he is given a new command: Companies E and D, 120th Panzergrenadier Regiment, 16th Panzergrenadier Division with 500 men and some half tracks and Kupelwagens. Company B, of the 44th ID remains in the field under new command while Russischetoter leaders his new unit into battle from the west
Last edited by Neu Deutsches Vaterland on Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Olorian
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Example Russian App.

Postby Olorian » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:04 pm

Company: Company B, 22 Guards Regiment, 13th Guards Rifle Division (Use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Army_o ... Stalingrad to find a Company and and Regiment in that division.)
Company Commander: Vladimir Polensky;( Historical Names are appreciated, but attempt to be creative.)
A junior officer straight from the front lines, recently received his rank due to all the officers above him dying off.
Size: 250 men ( Guards Riflemen start out at 250, infantry 300, and conscripts 400, tank units start with 250 tanks)
Company Description: This company is full of weary troops, tired and having moral issues, but experienced.
NOTE: There is a slight progression system. All companies will start as Infantry units, over time you can apply or I will deem you deserving of Promotion; When this occurs you can change your unit to a more specialized/larger unit; Your old one will remain where it is and I will assume direct control and your new/larger unit will start towards the back of our territory as reinforcements.

(Note, almost exactly the same way the Germans work, with some different variations.
Last edited by Olorian on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenzinia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kenzinia » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:03 am

Sounds really awesome. Can I join in? :roll:

Company: Kompanie A, Infanterie-Regiment 576, 305th Infantry Division
Company Commander: Captain Josef Bavaria
Size: 300 soldiers
Company Description: The company, led by Capt. J. Bavaria, was an important part of the 305th. Their division was originally a garrison division before being converted to a field division in February 1942.
Last edited by Kenzinia on Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro:
Nationalism, Patriotism, Nazism, Palestine, Indonesia, Hitler, Islam
Anti:
Israel, USA, Judaism, Israel, LGBT Rights, Abortion Rights, Israel

My political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.79
Indonesian! 13! Male! Muslim!

Member of the F.W.O!

I'm interested in WW2 RPs! TG me if you plan to make one!

Murovanka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:33 am

Company: Kompanie A, 99. Infanterieregiment, 44. Infanteriedivision (regiment is made up; cant really find em)
Company Commander: Hauptmann Otto Matick Reiffel
Hauptmann Reiffel was born in Bayern, southern Germany, in 1899 was conscripted into the army and fought in the First World War. After the collapse in the monarchy, he continued to serve in the Reichswehr, the armed forces of the Weimar Republic, as a squad leader. His company participated in the invasion of Poland and France; however, it saw little action as it was kept mainly in the reserve. Nevertheless, Otto was promoted and given command of the company he was serving in. In the march to Stalingrad, the company was mainly involved in combatting partisans and guerrilla fighters.

One of his great-grandparents was actually of Jewish descent, a fact that has been kept secret by his family, and to this day still doesn't know that he is of "inferior" ethnicity. He is loved by his troops and known to be a truly strong and spirited officer (albeit with an accent considered by the rest of his troops and staff as "weird"); however, he has a severe drinking problem, something which gets worse when the situation gets demanding.

Size: 300 men
Company Description: This company has a fine mix of old WW1 veterans and young, aspring soldiers believing in the Führers cause, strength, righteousness... blahblahblah...

Edit: Also, I hope my characters going to be ordered to massacre jews/slavs/ whatever others were labelled as "inferior". Not sure of these massacres around Stalingrad, but I'm sure there were some.
Last edited by Murovanka on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nivok Baves
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nivok Baves » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:42 am

Soviet Application: [HIGHCOM is Olorian]
Company: 51st Army, Kursk 126th Rifle Division, A Company
Company Commander: Senior Lieutenant Dimtri Anonov (Unsure of him being real, probably made up) Born in Georgia on 17th October 1922, his family moved to Kursk when he was 7 due to the difficulties living in Georgia. His father quickly found work in an arms factory, bringing Dimtri along to work on multiple occasions, leading Dimtri to have a fascination with the military. Joining when he came of age, his progression through the ranks and his ability to ditch concerns for his personal safety to reach his objectives, he was promoted to Junior Lieutenant. A firm supporter of Stalin, he is willing to die to further his nations glory. He has a brother in one of the tank divisions
Size: 80 men, regular infantry with dreams of becoming an engineer company.
Company Description: The company is made up of large amounts I conscripted farmers and factory workers who firmly believe in the glory of the USSR, fought in Poland against Polish force but quickly sent back when Germans invaded. Eager to seek revenge on the Germans for their invasion.
Last edited by Nivok Baves on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Olorian
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Olorian » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:13 am

Kenzinia wrote:Sounds really awesome. Can I join in? :roll:

Company Description: The company, led by Capt. J. Harpe, was an important part of the 305th. Their division was originally a garrison division before being converted to a field division in February 1942.

Looks good, but lacks some detail. Please put some more description on your Company Commander, and maybe a little bit more for your Company.

Olorian
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Olorian » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:15 am

Murovanka wrote:Company: Kompanie A, 99. Infanterieregiment, 44. Infanteriedivision (regiment is made up; cant really find em)
Hauptmann Reiffel was born in Bayern, southern Germany, in 1899 was conscripted into the army and fought in the First World War. After the collapse in the monarchy, he continued to serve in the Reichswehr, the armed forces of the Weimar Republic, as a squad leader. His company participated in the invasion of Poland and France; however, it saw little action as it was kept mainly in the reserve. Nevertheless, Otto was promoted and given command of the company he was serving in. In the march to Stalingrad, the company was mainly involved in combatting partisans and guerrilla fighters.

One of his great-grandparents was actually of Jewish descent, a fact that has been kept secret by his family, and to this day still doesn't know that he is of "inferior" ethnicity. He is loved by his troops and known to be a truly strong and spirited officer (albeit with an accent considered by the rest of his troops and staff as "weird"); however, he has a severe drinking problem, something which gets worse when the situation gets demanding.

Company Description: This company has a fine mix of old WW1 veterans and young, aspring soldiers believing in the Führers cause, strength, righteousness... blahblahblah...

Edit: Also, I hope my characters going to be ordered to massacre jews/slavs/ whatever others were labelled as "inferior". Not sure of these massacres around Stalingrad, but I'm sure there were some.

Looks really good mate, but I'll let NDV go over you app since it's his faction. Also, Stalingrad over all was pretty brutal, so I don't expect anybody to be taking prisoners of any kind. Make of that what you will.

Olorian
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Olorian » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:18 am

Nivok Baves wrote:Soviet Application: [HIGHCOM is Olorian]
Company: 126th Rifle Division, A Company
Company Commander: Senior Lieutenant Dimtri Zhukov (Unsure of him being real, probably made up) Born in Georgia on 17th October 1922, his family moved to Kursk when he was 7 due to the difficulties living in Georgia. His father quickly found work in an arms factory, bringing Dimtri along to work on multiple occasions, leading Dimtri to have a fascination with the military. Joining when he came of age, his progression through the ranks and his ability to ditch concerns for his personal safety to reach his objectives, he was promoted to Junior Lieutenant. A firm supporter of Stalin, he is willing to die to further his nations glory. He has a brother in one of the tank divisions
Size: 400 men, regular infantry with dreams of becoming an engineer company.
Company Description: The company is made up of large amounts I conscripted farmers and factory workers who firmly believe in the glory of the USSR, fought in Poland against Polish force but quickly sent back when Germans invaded. Eager to seek revenge on the Germans for their invasion.

Alright, a couple of things to fix. Zhukov was the last name of a Marshal in the Soviet Union (AKA me in this campaign), so I'd change his last name. Also, put the Regiment he's involved in if possible, I don't really care if some of it is made up, such as regiment. If you want 400 men, change the type from regular infantry to conscript.

Neu Deutsches Vaterland
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Its yo Luck Day

Postby Neu Deutsches Vaterland » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:06 am

Kenzinia wrote:Sounds really awesome. Can I join in? :roll:

Company Description: The company, led by Capt. J. Harpe, was an important part of the 305th. Their division was originally a garrison division before being converted to a field division in February 1942.

Accepted Under the groups that you flesh out your descriptions a bit.

Neu Deutsches Vaterland
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Welkommen to the jungle

Postby Neu Deutsches Vaterland » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:17 am

Murovanka wrote:Company: Kompanie A, 99. Infanterieregiment, 44. Infanteriedivision (regiment is made up; cant really find em)

Accepted As Commander of the German 6th Army, I'll ensure there are plenty of Russian Schweinehunds to massacre

Olorian
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Olorian » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:23 am

Company: 126th Rifle Division, A Company
Company Commander: Senior Lieutenant Dimtri Zhukov (Unsure of him being real, probably made up) Born in Georgia on 17th October 1922, his family moved to Kursk when he was 7 due to the difficulties living in Georgia. His father quickly found work in an arms factory, bringing Dimtri along to work on multiple occasions, leading Dimtri to have a fascination with the military. Joining when he came of age, his progression through the ranks and his ability to ditch concerns for his personal safety to reach his objectives, he was promoted to Junior Lieutenant. A firm supporter of Stalin, he is willing to die to further his nations glory. He has a brother in one of the tank divisions
Size: 400 men, regular infantry with dreams of becoming an engineer company.

Accepted under terms that you flesh out the things I mentioned above. You'll receive your official orders soon.

Olorian
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Olorian » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:28 am

Company: 51st Army, Kursk 126th Rifle Division, A Company
Company Commander: Senior Lieutenant Dimtri Anonov (Unsure of him being real, probably made up) Born in Georgia on 17th October 1922, his family moved to Kursk when he was 7 due to the difficulties living in Georgia. His father quickly found work in an arms factory, bringing Dimtri along to work on multiple occasions, leading Dimtri to have a fascination with the military. Joining when he came of age, his progression through the ranks and his ability to ditch concerns for his personal safety to reach his objectives, he was promoted to Junior Lieutenant. A firm supporter of Stalin, he is willing to die to further his nations glory. He has a brother in one of the tank divisions
Size: 80 men, regular infantry with dreams of becoming an engineer company.

(OOC):

Change size to somewhere between 250-300, but looks very good. Thanks for fixing it.

(IC):

To: Junior Lieutenant Anonov

Comrade Junior Lieutenant Anonov, you are being redeployed to Stalingrad from reserves. We've got word that a large Hitlerite force is moving to assault the city named after our glorious leader, comrade premier Stalin. We understand that you took large amounts of casualties during Poland, so you are being reinforced on the way. Your are mix of trained riflemen and conscripts from the local areas, but we are sure they will be enough. You're to report to Stalingrad, and will be sent where you are needed most. when you arrive. Remember, this is Stalingrad, the city named after Stalin himself, it MUST not fall. Fight well comrade, for Stalin, for the Rodina!

Also, for fighting so ferociously for the Rodina, we have decided that you have proven yourself worthy of a promotion to Senior Lieutenant. Congratulations comrade.

Signed,
General Georgy Zhukov
Last edited by Olorian on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nivok Baves
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nivok Baves » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:39 am

Dmitri stood in the corner of his company's billet, a long building with a low lying ceiling and a tiny light bulb dangling from the ceiling. The noise of his men returning from the mess hall grew slowly louder as they arrived back, fresh from a long day of exercise. They saluted him as they marched by him, then returning back to their conversation. Dimtri whistled for their attention, to which they assembled in front of their bunks standing tall.

"Comrades, it appears that The glorious city of Stalingrad is to be attacked by the traitorous swine known as the Germans, something we all know they will NEVER succeed in doing." He said, marching the length of the billet "And General Zhukov has decided that the regulars can't handle such a thing, he's asking for the best soldiers that Kursk has to offer!" He added, met with a resounding cheer "We are to leave these barracks and head to the Volga and reinfoce the city and prevent the scum from gaining any ground. Comrades, I wish you the best of luck, we leave in two hours." He finished, marching out to his barracks and listening to the conversation explode in the billet.

(OOC: That better?)
Last edited by Nivok Baves on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Olorian
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Olorian » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:48 am

Nivok Baves wrote:Dmitri stood in the corner of his company's billet, a long building with a low lying ceiling and a tiny light bulb dangling from the ceiling. The noise of his men returning from the mess hall grew slowly louder as they arrived back, fresh from a long day of exercise. They saluted him as they marched by him, then returning back to their conversation. Dimtri whistled for their attention, to which they assembled in front of their bunks standing tall.

"Comrades, it appears that The glorious city of Stalingrad has been attacked by the traitorous swine known as the Germans." He said, marching the length of the billet "And General Zhukov has decided that the regulars can't handle such a thing, he's asking for the best soldiers that Kursk has to offer!" He added, met with a resounding cheer "We are to leave these barracks and head to the Volga and assault the city, gaining a foothold for the others to continue to gain ground. Comrades, I wish you the best of luck, we leave in six hours." He finished, marching out to his barracks and listening to the conversation explode in the billet.

(OOC): We control the city mate, they're going to arrive on the outskirts.

Kenzinia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kenzinia » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:08 am

Alright then...

Josef Bavaria was born in Frankfurt, 1897 from a middle-class family. He joined the Imperial German Army in WW1 and is immediately sent to the battlefields. Post-war, he continued to serve in the Reichswehr and progressed through the ranks until he got promoted to Captain and held command of Kompanie A of the 576th Infantry Regiment of the 305th Infantry Division. After the conversion of the 305th from a garrison division to a field division, his company took part in the invasion of Stalingrad to take the city.
Company Description: The company, led by Capt. J. Harpe, was an important part of the 305th. Their division was originally a garrison division before being converted to a field division in February 1942. They fought against the Russians in the battle of Stalingrad shortly after the conversion.

Forgive me if there are any grammatical mistakes/errors there.
Pro:
Nationalism, Patriotism, Nazism, Palestine, Indonesia, Hitler, Islam
Anti:
Israel, USA, Judaism, Israel, LGBT Rights, Abortion Rights, Israel

My political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.79
Indonesian! 13! Male! Muslim!

Member of the F.W.O!

I'm interested in WW2 RPs! TG me if you plan to make one!

Neu Deutsches Vaterland
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Wehrmacht Mobilizes

Postby Neu Deutsches Vaterland » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:30 am

GENERAL ORDERS
6th AOK, Heeresgruppe Süd
Office of Generalfeldmarschall Friedrich Paulus

Commanders of the 6th Army, our Fuhrer has given us the honor to take the city named for the Russische leader, Stalingrad. We will crush the Kommunist Schwinehund and leave their army broken. First to be deployed into Stalingrad will be the XI Armee Korps(44th ID, 371st ID, and the 384th ID) The 44th infantriedivision, will be the Vangaurd for this invasion.The XIth korps will be reinforced by the XIV Panzer Korps (3rd Motorized Infantry Division, 60th Motorized Infantry Division, and the 16th PzD) by Early September.
The 44th ID will push south into the city from Sector 20. Intel has told us that the Red Army has an untested conscripts holding a few machine gun emplacements, which the 99th infanterie regiment will be tasked to take. the 371st ID will advance from sector 43 into the build up in sectors 42,53, and 44. the 384th ID and 305th ID will cut off the Russian comms station, which will offer a stiff defense, so they will be assigned 20 PzKw III auf Fs to assist in the taking of the Station. Once the Korps has breached the outer deference, be prepared for hard street fighting. Due to this, i'll allow for more autonomy in the ranks without ultimate goal of taking the docks on the Volga, destroying the Tractor factories. The 384th ID and the 305th ID will push toward the western most Crossings, while the 44th ID and 371st ID will move toward the eastern crossings. We predict the western crossing will be taken first so there will be a crossing of the Volga to cut off reinforcements.
Jagdgeschwader 3 will provide air cover for the assault, and strafe incoming reinforcements from the Volga crossings. Also the 243rd Assault Gun Battalion and the 245th Assault Gun Battalions will provide artillery support for the XI korps and will be intially station in Sectors 20, 18 and 16. With our superior troops, training and will; we will destory the Red Army in Stalingrad and link up with the rest of the Army in Moscow by Spring

Generalfeldmarschall Friedrich Paulus
Last edited by Neu Deutsches Vaterland on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Olorian
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Olorian » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:48 am

Kenzinia wrote:Alright then...

Josef Bavaria was born in Frankfurt, 1897 from a middle-class family. He joined the Imperial German Army in WW1 and is immediately sent to the battlefields. Post-war, he continued to serve in the Reichswehr and progressed through the ranks until he got promoted to Captain and held command of Kompanie A of the 576th Infantry Regiment of the 305th Infantry Division. After the conversion of the 305th from a garrison division to a field division, his company took part in the invasion of Stalingrad to take the city.
Company Description: The company, led by Capt. J. Harpe, was an important part of the 305th. Their division was originally a garrison division before being converted to a field division in February 1942. They fought against the Russians in the battle of Stalingrad shortly after the conversion.

Forgive me if there are any grammatical mistakes/errors there.

Accepted. Welcome to the fight, even if you are with the Germans. :eyebrow:

Olorian
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

General Orders for the Soviet Union

Postby Olorian » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:57 am

GENERAL ORDERS
STALINGRAD FRONT

Comrades, we have word that the Hitlerites are moving to take Stalingrad. At this time, intel can not tell just how many, but we are to fight nonetheless. Anyone to old to hold a rifle is to be used in support roles. Anyone who is physically able is to be conscripted immediately. They will be sent to fight on the front, or to work as laborers/factory workers. Comrade Premier Stalin has given the order, not one step back. Stalingrad can NOT be allowed to fall, least we all fall. The 8th, 28th, 51st, 57th, 62nd, and 64th Army are expected to arrive in the coming months to support the defense of Stalingrad. Until then, the defense is up to the 1st Guards and 24th Army. Stalingrad will not fall comrades, for the Rodina!

Signed,
General Georgy Zhukov

Olorian
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Order 227

Postby Olorian » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:05 am

ORDER #227 BY THE PEOPLE’S COMMISSAR OF DEFENSE OF THE USSR

Moscow, 28 July1942

The enemy feeds more and more resources to the front, and, paying no attention to losses, moves on, penetrates deeper into the Soviet Union, captures new areas, devastates and plunders our cities and villages, rapes, kills and robs the Soviet people. The fighting goes on in Voronezh area, at Don, in the Southern Russia, at the gates of the North Caucasus. The German invaders are driving towards Stalingrad, towards Volga, and want to capture Kuban and the North Caucasus with their oil and bread riches at any price. The enemy has already captured Voroshilovgrad, Starobelsk, Rossosh, Kupyansk, Valuiki, Novocherkassk, Rostov on Don, half of Voronezh. Some units of the South front, following the panic-mongers, have abandoned Rostov and Novocherkassk without serious resistance and without order from Moscow, thus covering their banners with shame.

The people of our country, who treat the Red Army with love and respect, are now starting to be disappointed with it, lose faith in the Red Army, and many of them curse the Army for its fleeing to the east and leaving the population under German yoke.

Some unwise people at the front comfort themselves with arguments that we can continue the retreat to the east, as we have vast territories, a lot of soil, many people, and that we will always have abundance of bread. By these arguments they try to justify their shameful behaviour at the front. But all these arguments are fully false, faked and working for our enemies.

Every commander, every soldier and political officer have to realise that our resources are not infinite. The territory of the Soviet Union is not a wilderness, but people – workers, peasants, intelligentsia, our fathers and mothers, wives, brothers, children. Territory of USSR that has been captured by the enemy and which enemy is longing to capture is bread and other resources for the army and the civilians, iron and fuel for the industries, factories and plants that supply the military with hardware and ammo; this is also railroads. With loss of Ukraine, Belorussia, the Baltics, Donetsk basin and other areas we have lost vast territories, that means that we have lost many people, bread, metals, factories, and plants. We no longer have superiority over enemy in human resources and in bread supply. Continuation of retreat means to destroy us and also our Motherland. Every new piece of territory that we leave to the enemy will strengthen our enemy and weaken us, our defences, our Motherland.

This is why we have to eradicate the conversations that we can retreat without ending, that we have a lot of territory, that our country is great and rich, that we have a lot of population and we will always have enough bread. These conversations are false and harmful, as they weaken us and strengthen the enemy, for if we do not stop retreating, we will be left without bread, without fuel, without metals, without raw materials, without factories and plants, without railways.

The conclusion is that it is time to stop the retreat. Not a single step back! This should be our slogan from now.

We need to protect every strongpoint, every metre of Soviet soil stubbornly, till the last droplet of blood, grab every piece of our soil and defend it as long as it is possible. Our Motherland is going through hard times. We have to stop, and then throw back and destroy the enemy, whatever it might cost us. The Germans are not as strong as the panic-mongers say. They are stretching their strength to the limit. To withstand their blow now means to ensure victory in the future.

Can we stand and throw the enemy back toward west? Yes, we can, as our plants and factories in the rear areas are working perfectly and are supplying our army with more and more tanks, planes, artillery and mortars.

So what do we lack? We lack order and discipline in companies, regiments and divisions, in tank units, in the Air Force squadrons. This is our major drawback. We have to introduce the strictest order and strong discipline in our army, if we want to save the situation and defend our Motherland.

We can no longer tolerate commanders, commissars, and political officers, whose units leave their defences at will. We can no longer tolerate the fact that the commanders, commissars and political officers allow several cowards to run the show at the battlefield, that the panic-mongers carry away other soldiers in their retreat and open the way to the enemy. Panic-mongers and cowards are to be exterminated at the site.

From now on the iron law of discipline for every officer, soldier, political officer should be – not a single step back without order from higher command. Company, battalion, regiment and division commanders, as well as the commissars and political officers of corresponding ranks who retreat without order from above, are traitors of the Motherland. They should be treated as traitors of the Motherland. This is the call of our Motherland.

To fulfil this order means to defend our country, to save our Motherland, to destroy and overcome the hated enemy.

After their winter retreat under pressure of the Red Army, when morale and discipline fell in the German troops, the Germans took some strict measures that led to pretty good results. They have formed 100 penal companies that were comprised of soldiers who broke discipline due to cowardice or instability; they have deployed them at the most dangerous sections of the front and have ordered them to redeem their sins by blood. Further on, they have formed around ten penal battalions comprised of officers who had broken discipline due to cowardice and instability, deprived them of their decorations and put them at even more dangerous sections of the front and ordered them to redeem their sins by blood. And finally, the Germans have formed special guards units and deployed them behind unstable divisions and ordered them to execute panic-mongers at the site if they tried to leave their defensive positions without order or if they tried to surrender. As we know, these measures were effective, and now the German troops fight better than they fought in winter. What we have here is that the German troops have good discipline, although they do not have an uplifted mission of protection of the Motherland, and only have one goal – to conquer a strange land. Our troops, having defence of defiled Motherland as their mission, do not have this discipline and thus suffer defeat.

Shouldn’t we learn this lesson from our enemy, as our ancestors learned from their enemies in the past and overcame their enemies? I think that we should.

THE SUPREME COMMAND OF THE RED ARMY ORDERS:

1. The military Councils of the fronts and first of all front commanders should:

a) In all circumstances decisively eradicate retreat attitude in the troops and with an iron hand prevent propaganda that we can and should continue the retreat to the east, and this retreat will not be harmful to us;

b) In all circumstances remove from offices and send to Stavka for court-martial those army commanders who allowed their troops to retreat at will, without authorisation by the Front command;

c) Form within each Front 1 to 3 (depending on the situation) penal battalions (800 personnel), where commanding, senior commanders and political officers of corresponding ranks from all services, who have broken discipline due to cowardice or instability, should be sent. These battalions should be put on the more difficult sections of a Front, thus giving them an opportunity to redeem their crimes against the Motherland by blood.

2. The Military Councils of armies and first of all army commanders should:

a) In all circumstances remove from offices corps and army commanders and commissars, who have allowed their troops to retreat at will without authorisation by the army command, and send them to the Military Councils of the Fronts for court-martial;

b) Form 3 to 5 well-armed guards (barrage) units (zagradotryads), deploy them in the rear of unstable divisions and oblige them to execute panic-mongers and cowards at site in case of panic and chaotic retreat, thus giving faithful soldiers a chance to do their duty before the Motherland;

c) Form 5 to 10 (depending on the situation) penal companies, where soldiers and NCOs, who have broken discipline due to cowardice or instability, should be sent. These units should be deployed at the most difficult sectors of the front, thus giving their soldiers an opportunity to redeem their crimes against the Motherland by blood.

3. Corps and division commanders and commissars should:

a) In all circumstances remove from offices regiment and battalion commanders and commissars who allowed their troops to retreat at will without authorisation from divisional or corps command, deprive them of their military decorations and send them to the Military Councils of fronts for court-martial;

b) Provide all possible help and support to the guards (barrage) units (zagradotryads) of the army in their work of strengthening discipline and order in the units.

This order is to be read aloud in all companies, troops, batteries, squadrons, teams and staffs.

The People’s Commissar for Defense

JOSEPH STALIN

Nivok Baves
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nivok Baves » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:53 am

Dmitri's company arrived on the banks of the Volga, they stood in awe of the massive city that stretched upon the horizon disbelieving anyone would dare attack the city. "Thats why it's named after Stalin" he whispered to his men.

"Did you hear the orders?" a private asked, nervously glancing side to side "Says some pretty extreme things in it"

"The leadership of Comrade Stalin, any command he says should be seen as an utmost goal in life" Dimitri replied, silencing the private "Besides, no one in the Soviet Nation is a coward now." Taking off his helmet, he sent his men to relax until transport across the river arrived. Taking a small bible out of his pocket, he sat down on a box and read it until someone kicked dirt over him.

"Hello Grunt" grinned his brother, wearing a peaked cap and grinning from ear to ear.

"Mikhail!" he replied, standing up and embracing him "I haven't seen since you left Kursk, Mother and Father send their love by the way."

"Nice to know they arn't busy with work to do that" Mikhail joked "Hows Dina?"

"Still hoping you'll return home the glorious hero" Dimitri said, adding emphasis at the end "Wheres Old Ticker?"

"She's getting put on a raft to get across, should be ready in a few minutes actually. I gotta go then" he finished, hugging Dimitri one more time "Do me a favour and don't get killed, I've already reserved that option" he added before running off. Dimtri looked to his left to see his own raft slowly rowing across the Volga.

"A Company, get ready to board!"

Olorian
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Olorian » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:59 pm

Nivok Baves wrote:Dmitri's company arrived on the banks of the Volga, they stood in awe of the massive city that stretched upon the horizon disbelieving anyone would dare attack the city. "Thats why it's named after Stalin" he whispered to his men.

"Did you hear the orders?" a private asked, nervously glancing side to side "Says some pretty extreme things in it"

"The leadership of Comrade Stalin, any command he says should be seen as an utmost goal in life" Dimitri replied, silencing the private "Besides, no one in the Soviet Nation is a coward now." Taking off his helmet, he sent his men to relax until transport across the river arrived. Taking a small bible out of his pocket, he sat down on a box and read it until someone kicked dirt over him.

"Hello Grunt" grinned his brother, wearing a peaked cap and grinning from ear to ear.

"Mikhail!" he replied, standing up and embracing him "I haven't seen since you left Kursk, Mother and Father send their love by the way."

"Nice to know they arn't busy with work to do that" Mikhail joked "Hows Dina?"

"Still hoping you'll return home the glorious hero" Dimitri said, adding emphasis at the end "Wheres Old Ticker?"

"She's getting put on a raft to get across, should be ready in a few minutes actually. I gotta go then" he finished, hugging Dimitri one more time "Do me a favour and don't get killed, I've already reserved that option" he added before running off. Dimtri looked to his left to see his own raft slowly rowing across the Volga.

"A Company, get ready to board!"

As Dimitri steps off his raft, an Efreitor approaches him. Soviet aircraft fly over the sky and soldiers slowly disembark and embark on boats across the river both ways. As he approaches him, he salutes.

"Comrade Lieutenant, Efreitor Hekolf. I was sent by battalion command to give you your orders. Your company is to move to the radio station and help reinforce it against German attack. The fascists are closing in, and we have maybe a few hours left before they arrive." He points to a group of scruffy looking conscripts with some veteran soldiers mixed in. "These men are here to reinforce your losses in Poland, good luck Comrade Lieutenant."
Last edited by Olorian on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nivok Baves
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nivok Baves » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Dimitri saluted "Consider it done comrade. A Company, double time!" he shouted to his company, prompting them to jog towards the station. Arriving, Dimitri ordered them to set up defensive facing the enemy. "Set the MG upstairs!" he commanded, lifting his rifle to his eyes he inspected it going through the motions of cocking, loading and firing off a blank. He lent on a wall, gazing out of a window trying to spot any Germans.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents