NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars Rise of an Empire RP

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Bearon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Star Wars Rise of an Empire RP

Postby Bearon » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:05 pm

The Galaxy has become a dark place. The recent years have been filled with a galaxy spanning conflict which in history will come to be known as the Clone Wars. Each side has it's heroes, and each it's villains. From the center of this Galaxy and Coruscant to the furthest reaches of the Outer Rim like Tattooine. No world has been left untouched by this destructive conflict. There are many characters, who choose between many paths in these dark times. From the unknown smuggler who rises to fame. The unsung soldier who turns the tide. The statesman who rallies a galaxy with a mere word or a Admiral who rallies a fleet with mere will. Each leave their own mark on history. But one question remains...

What mark, will you leave?

This RP takes place in the Clone Wars above one of it's most pivotal moments. The Battle of Coruscant. You know the history, you know the players and you know the outcome. Or do you? This RP is inspired by the events of the Clone Wars but will not be limited to it's canon history and outcome. Will the Republic win? Very possible but what is less certain is what path to that victory is taken. And what it will become after due to your influence. Or, will the CIS swing the crucial war in their own favor? Forcing a peace settlement or even conquering the Republic? All of these possible futures are uncertain. But what is certain, is that you will play a part.

Link to the IC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=327285
Link to the OOC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=327111&p=23132190#p23132190
Link to the Archive: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=327283&p=23151246#p23151246
Last edited by Bearon on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:31 pm

Aran Vale-Vice Admiral of the CIS-Battle of Coruscant-Aboard the "Defiance"
Nine hundred and seventy four ships, fully three hundred and six vessels short of the size a task force should be. Due to Gievious' aggressive approach to the war and prolonged excursions into Republic territory. A war plan I have been quite, active, in opposing. It is nothing short of the will of the Force that I have not been removed from my command. Evidence that even the Warlord of the Kaleesh, Supreme Commander of the Droid Armies and Conqueror of a Hundred worlds is unable to force my resignation, knowing that despite whatever tantrums I may cause him to enter, I am too valuable to be dismissed from duty. My command bridge, aboard my flagship was unusual for it's design, being so open in space and large and magnificent viewing ports. A product if their human Onderonian origins. There are few seats within it, even for the Admiral, ensuring everyone aboard is active in pursuit of the goals of the fleet. I stood next to one of my greatest assets, despite some of the headaches she may cause me, due to her outwardly uncaring nature. Nutth'ebine'sabosen or just Sabosen for short. A Chiss who serves as something akin to my personnel aide, a protege if you will. As well as a adviser and informant. I ensure she serves in the CIS war machine, helping her to accomplish her own goals in the larger galaxy free of Chiss restraint and she aides me in my efforts in leading both my fleet and trying to steer the destiny of our Confederacy.

Right now, we were exiting Hyper Space and entering over the Capital of the Republic. Coruscant, the biggest risk of the war on Grievious's part. My own task force was the first to exit from the secret Hyper Space lane which Grievious had discovered for his surprise offensive above the world. The Republic believed that this world was unreachable, and Grievious proved them wrong. However, that does not mean anything, Grievious proved that the CIS can strike here, but I want to know, 'Why would we want to?' The fact is that besides the morale factor and being the center of power for the Republic and Jedi Order, it holds no military significance. And the first two facts only relevant if we can capture the world, which we cannot. Despite proving we can attack this place, it is still among the most heavily defended worlds in the Galaxy and we have no way of changing that.

Grievious believes that capturing the Chancellor will force the war to an end. A huge gamble and one unlikely to pay off. Despite his immense amount of power in the Government, it is foolish to believe that he will just surrender the war, and he would just be replaced. The Jedi could conceivably take control then. And Palpatine was one of the stronger opponents for the war in the first place. Using it as a means of increasing his own power. Giving light to his claims to being a benevolent leader and showing him for what he is, a despotic tyrant in deceiving robes.

I looked down on the city planet with a look filled with contempt. And eying the defense fleets as well as planetary defenses. Not eager to fulfill my job as the first wave of this destined to fail mission. Perhaps that was the reason I was delegated this task, in hopes that I would die in the line of duty sparing Grievious having to do it himself. I peered over the holo map, lighting up a smaller version of the vast battlefield. Where I stood firm and then turned to Nutth'ebine'sabosen. "Dispatch the 6th, 9th, 11th and 14th fighter/bomber wings immediately, have them form a large front between our main fleet and the Republic's. They will serve the duel purpose of being our first line of attack as well as a buffer force to soak up the Republic's retaliation. Support them with three squadrons of Munificent Class Frigates." I ordered, and then began to explain the line of attack. "It is better to lose fighter swarms and cheap frigates than costly capital ships. So, the bulk of our initial force will be a shock group." I then traced my finger over the holo map, educating my protoge on naval military strategy.

"They are not entirely meant to be expendable meat, they are also faster and smaller than the main fleet, able to make full use of our temporary element of surprise and possibly force a breach in the enemy ranks. By the time the Republic knows they are under attack, they will have our advance force right on top of them." I mused at the thought. Then admitted. "But I fully expect as the battle wears on and the Republic organizes that we will lose about 85% of our initial strike force. However, the Republic will lose ships as well and by the time they have reorganized, Grievious will arrive with the full might of the fleet, preventing the Republic from getting any breathing room." I then paused for a moment and stepped back from the holo map. Speaking quietly now, just so myself and Sabonsen could hear the conversation.

"This battle is a forgone conclusion however. We may be able to take hold of the Chancellor but we can count on the Jedi stopping at no limits to rescue him. We will lose valuable ships and materials in this invasion and at the end of the day be fortunate to leave this system with 50% of our overall strength. The Republic fleet here is more than double our own and we wont be able to destroy it, only wound it. And then the Republic will churn out new ships in their core worlds far faster than we can replace our own losses, making what damage we do here nigh irrelevant." I informed the young woman. Then allowed my own voice to rise again to normal levels.

"But we are good soldiers and we do as we are told. We receive the order and know it will fail, but we cannot stop it. We must even help it fail. So men in expensive suits and decorated chambers can thump their chest and say 'What a brave charge it was'. It is as if I can see the entire fleet ablaze now, and our scattered and defeated forces fleeing back through the secret space lane...as if it is already done. Already a memory." However, I then straightened myself up, and placed my Admiral's cap upon my head and pulled it low to my brow, then looked out at the window defiantly.

"Send the order Nutth'ebine'sabosen, we have a battle to fight here. And superiors to impress." I breathed, already playing out the endless scenarios of this engagement in my head.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Capsland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:25 pm

The Invisible Hand, Grievous' Command Fleet, Thyferra Orbit
The Invisible Hand, Grievous' flagship, sat in the middle of the largest droid fleet the galaxy had ever seen. over nine-hundred Munificent-class frigates, nearly a thousand destroyers, several dozen Lucrehulks, and hundreds of Providence-class destroyers. This fleet, along with countless amounts of fighters, was nothing to be messed with. It was designed to install fear into the Republic, if not the fleet, then the fact the CIS could attack the capital of the Republic. Grievous was pleased with what he had achieved. The overall 'core world attack' was a success, despite the Republic's immediate counter attack in the Outer rim sieges. There was one issue, however. Due to all this fame and glory on the battle field, many CIS admirals and commanders grew to dislike Grievous out of shear jealousy. Of course Grievous didn't care, he didn't really care about this war or the outcome of the battle. He only wanted revenge, revenge on the Jedi and Republic.

Grievous slowly walked down the corridor to the bridge. His metal footsteps striking fear into the admiral that was sitting in the command seat. The automatic doors opened and Grievous walked in with his six Magna bodyguards following him. His arms were crossed around his back, covered by his cape. He didn't bother facing the commander, instead he gazed out of the window at his immense fleet.
"Tell me commander, has Vice-Admiral, Aran Vale, entered the Coruscanti orbit?"
"Um... Yes General, should we send out fleet in to help him engage the enemy?"
"No... let's give him more chances to prove himself. I'm sure he can wait a while longer while my fleet prepares... Let's see if he can handle the pressure of being on his own in battle"
"Yes General"

Aran Vale was one of the many who disliked Grievous, except Aran Vale was different. He actually put up a fight, while the others masked their real views and obeyed Grievous. Grievous knew this and was about to see if the could hold is own against a seemingly never ending enemy.
Don't take anything I say seriously... Seriously.
Currently sleeping in the region of Sunalaya

"I drink to forget but I always remember" - Helen the hall monitor

#SingleStateSolution4Ventismar

Treko
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:55 pm

Dieau Fehel-Bounty Hunter-Aboard the "Defiance"

The rumbling from the battle over Coruscant had made it a very difficult challenge to get some rest on board this ship. Dieau gave a small groan as he rose from the bunk and sat on the edge of the bed. His hands wiped away the nonexistent troubles from his face as he arose from the bed, but he wasn't worried about the troubles. Ever since he eliminated a female Jedi her spirit has been attached to him and the conversations have been less than amusing for him. As he began to strap on his armor he could hear the whispers starting to begin again within his head and he let out a low sigh as he grabbed his "T" visor helmet. The ship gave another violent shake as another explosion went off near the ship and Dieau braced himself before continuing to the door. With one finally look at the inside of his helmet he slid it on and the red HUD display shot on and the information of the ship, environment, and armor status began to show. As he began making his way to the bridge of the ship the whispering began to grow louder and louder within his head.

"What do you want? I can hear you getting angrier with each whisper, just spit it out." Though Dieau, as he began navigating the halls of the ship.

"Do you know where we are, bounty hunter?" Responded the spirit

"We're over Coruscant and I guess you're going to say something about the temple, right?" Said Dieau, as he sighed before the response

"Indeed, and the people of the planet. You must stop this atrocity before it becomes a massacre!" Roared the spirit, the voice slowly calming down after

"Listen, I don't need to do anything." said Dieau, as he flicked his helmet, "All I've got to do is follow the orders of Vice-Admiral Vale."

"Why must you you do this?" There was pleading in her voice

"Because I get paid to do it and I like the money. Maybe if the Republic made a better offer it be a different story!" Roared Dieau, the nearby battle droids looking at him

"What are you gawking at!" Dieau shouted, as he pushed the droid against the durasteel wall and slammed his vibro-dagger into its chest. The droid grabbed at Dieau's hands but it was all for not as Dieau only pushed the dagger deeper before lifting the droid off the ground. A final grunt of effort and he dropped the battle droid to the ground before continuing on his way to the bridge. The Jedi spirit was finally keeping quiet and Dieau was finally having peace mind, but he knew it wouldn't last long. With a final right turn the bridge was in sight and wave of relief was coming over Dieau as he allowed the doors to shoot open before taking a step onto the bridge. He quickly saw Vice-Admiral Vale and his protege standing near the tactical holo-terminal, "Vice-Admiral Vale." Said Dieau, announcing himself before taking his place next to Vale.

Saint Kitten
Senator

Founded: Jul 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Kitten » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:09 pm

Gladitour, under command of Asterope Norisa, Planetary Defense System unit 6A, Koros Major

Asterope Norisa awoke to the sound of a beeping data-pad, left laying on a metal table that only amplified the annoying *beep* *beep* *beep*. He was used to this by now, what he had originally considered a rude awakening was now something of a godsend. He arose from his bed and grabbed it and read the notification. It was urgent, or so the message proclaimed in bold red letters.

WARNING: URGENT, POSSIBLE INVASION OF COUROSANT

No coffee or tea could make Norisa jump out bed like this did. An invasion of Courosant? Well, “possible” invasion but if the CIS was crazy, nay, desperate enough to launch an attack on the capital city of the Republic then they were either crazy, stupid, desperate, or know something that he was missing. Possibly a combination of the four. It didn’t matter now, Norsia opened the encrypted message and, in summery, it ordered him alone with the rest of 6A and all A-C Units to immediately go to Coursant to help with the defense. While A-C units of a planetary fleet might sound impressive in most situations, but due to “more pressing matters” about half of the fleet was sent to the front, leaving what Norisa estimated to be about 13-15 ships in the combined units.

By the time he was dressed and presentable they were in hyperspace, he 2ed in command was just reliable like that. Sure, he received orders from high command but Norisa could almost guarantee that about half of those saps that call themselves co-captains would go running to the captain asking what to do next. When he reached the main deck everyone was on alert and tapping away at their various screens, getting ready for whatever lies ahead.

“We’ll be leaving hyperspace in a few moments captain, I’ve already told the men to be prepared to enter a war-zone when we exit hyperspace.” He glanced to his data-pad, nodded, and continued as if nothing had disturbed his train of thought, “you seem to be the first captain ready for duty, when the rest wake there will be a meeting via holograms in the telecommunications room.”

I nodded and he walked to see to some trifling issue that arose from the far corner of the deck so Norisa took this opportunity to excuse himself to the telecommunications room two levels down, by the time he arrives he should expect a few of the captains nervously bantering with each other like school children expecting an exam. Norisa took a breath and decided to let the situation handle itself, for now.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."
-Mark Twain
I Side With
Political Compass
Dear Future Generations

Sulania
Senator

Founded: May 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulania » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:22 pm

The Rebel Alliances wrote:-snip-

"Right away, Admiral." Sabosen responded promptly, using a terminal before her to relay orders to the several designated ships and fighter and bomber wings as he went on, detailing his strategy to her as he often did to better educate her in the art of strategy and tactics. She listened attentively, while issuing the commands, being sure to learn as much as she could from the Admiral. While the Admiral is a bright and brilliant man, Sabosen had little love for any in the CIS. She only joined in order to destroy the Jedi wretches below, to which this mission could serve as a stepping stone. Though that wasn't the objective, and she had the intelligent to know that she shouldn't go against Admiral Vale's orders. At least not yet, though likely not any time soon given how brilliant he is.

Of course, once she finished sending the orders out, she glanced over at the capital of the Republic. The great planet of Coruscant stood lit with various lights, the metropolitan world bustling with activity and people. All whom were unaware of such a great attack. It will surely be a test of the Confederacy's resolve and tenacity, though as Admiral Vale stated, it was hardly a fight worth winning or a fight we could win. The Capital World was heavily guarded by the Republic Navy, even getting close to take the Chancellor would be difficult, getting away unharmed would be an entirely different form of difficult. Still though, the Admiral had to go along with it despite his and her protests. While her word meant very little in the grand scheme of things, she still made attempts to let her voice be heard. She wasn't going to let her voice be trampled by a bunch of stuck up generals, like Grievous.

She watched as the fighters and ships moved to engage the Republic forces, and was intent on watching them before turning to the Admiral with a simple no nonsense look. "So, this is all for the sake of acquiring a stuck-up bureaucrat in a tower? Surely there were other more valuable places to the war effort. The Kuat shipyards look nice, though they could use some redecoration with a pleasant symbol of the CIS on them." She added, using her callous sense of humor. Surely though, there must have been a better target than the Chancellor. Sure, he controls the Republic government, but they were fighting the Republic Navy. Not bureaucrats in robes, though it meant little. Sure, taking out the Chancellor would be nice for the war effort, but not at the loss of potentially Admiral Vale. And even Grievous himself must know that he himself is at risk in this. Some things didn't add up, but Vale said to follow orders so that's what she'll do. Admiral Vale never let her down before, as far as she knew, so no point in doubting him now.

"I guess it doesn't matter, logic never seemed to be the Kaleesh's strong suit. But he's still the General of the Droid Army, so I guess we're stuck with him." She said sighing to herself. "I'm assuming there are other things you would wish for me to do, Admiral Vale?" She asked as she readjusted her braid. She wasn't one to stay and do nothing all the time either, so she thought she'd ask if there was anything she could do.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Engaged to Kalaron
Personal Info: Gay male from Pennsylvania, Student of Sociology, FGC affiliated Quaker
Political Alignment: Member of the Working Families Party, Former Justice Democrat, Progressive
DISCLAIMER: My views have changed, I disavow previous posts/opinions accordingly to my changed views

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:56 am

I was reviewing the progress of the opening stages of the battle when the Mandalorian Dieau Fehel entered the bridge and addressed me. He was another of my valuable assets of which I plan to make effective use of. I turned to face him, with a slight smile on my face from Sabosen's joke. The bounty hunter wore a combination of white and black armor and had the signature "T" shaped visor on his helmet. And was easily the most well armed man aboard my bridge, if you do not count the four Magna Guards and two Droidekas for security in addition to about twenty four Droid Marines. Not to count the dozens of B1 Pilot series models that kept everything in check on my flagship. I then opened up a holo vid which displayed what was payment for the bounty hunter's services, to appease him while I brief him on his next mission. The most recent of many in which he has undertaken for me. "For this mission you will receive 10,000 galactic standard credits up front. Due to the dangerous nature of the assignment. Once completed you will receive another 15,000 credits for a total of 25,000. Enough to do what you please with for some time. You are being payed so generously because your assignment is to secure the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic." I then motioned to the holo projector which showed the current status of the battle.

"Here are the details of your assignment. Pay attention because it will not be repeated and nor will it be on record. As you can see, in between our own forces and Coruscant lies the Republic Fleet. You, will use this orbital battle as cover to land your own craft on the planet and locate the Chancellor. The enemy will be focused on stopping my carriers and fleets of destroyers and frigates. They will not notice a small and lone unregistered vessel. So, landing will be the easy part. One you arrive and actually locate the Chancellor that is when things get complicated for you. You can assume that at this moment the Chancellor is hold up somewhere in the Capital under heavy guard, it is your job to find out where, eliminate any security forces protecting him and extract the target. I would suggest avoiding fights whenever possible, they will only make escaping more difficult. Once you have him, Grievious should have arrived by then, so you will take him to the Invisible Hand and personally deliver him to Grievious. Accomplish this mission and you will be paid well. Accomplish it fast enough for our forces to escape more or less intact, and I may have a bonus. That is all Dieau, you are dismissed, so begin when ready." I ordered flatly. While I like the bounty hunter, this is business and I am not paying him to chat on the bridge.

As my attention returned to the battle before us. I caught sight of Republic and Separatist ships engaging in broadsides, explosions lighting up space and swarms of Vulture Droids clashing with the ARC-170s. Brilliant greens and reds flashing about the space as we fought to decide the fates of this war. I then placed both of my arms behind my back in a crossed manner as I addressed a nearby command droid. "Deploy the Vulture Droids from the Providence Class Carriers in all forward groups, keep those in the rear in reserve. Order those Vultures to target vital systems aboard enemy ships, give priority to Comms Relays, Life Support and Engines." I commanded, and as a droid should, it complied as I observed hundreds of Vulture Droids leave the hull of my ship, joins with a few thousand others as they blazed past my viewport and moved as a hive mind to the enemy destroyers. It was a amazing sight, to say the least. As I allowed Sabosen to observe the exodus of the fighters.

"Are you wondering why I explicitly ordered those fighters to target specific systems rather than engage the enemy as a whole Nutth'ebine'sabosen?" I questioned, knowing that she must have been pondering it, as she analyzes almost everything. I feel like she does it more out of habit or perhaps even the Chiss culture rather than being actually interested. "It is easier to wound a ship than it is to destroy it, and disabling a ship is often just as effective as taking it out of action. This also serves to help clear the way for Dieau to reach the planet. In order to destroy a modern vessel, you must first possess sufficient firepower. Then, you must focus that firepower so you as quickly as possible deplete the shields of a ship. Next, you must chew through durasteel armor that is dozens and sometimes hundreds of feet thick depending on ship, origin, design and class. You must do all of this while the enemy attempts the same with your own forces. So, as you can see it normally goes down to who has more and more powerful vessels. Normally." I concluded before moving on.

"A ship, much like a living opponent has what you can call a set of organs. The comms relay is what you could call the brain. Disabling that isolates a ship and ensures that no transmissions leave or arrive to that ship. So the crew and captain begin to panic, no longer receiving orders from above. They begin to make moves which either leaves it, or its formation vulnerable. Usually both. The life support is the heart of a ship, pumping the metaphorical blood which keeps the crew alive. For ships with droid crews it is not as vital but for the republic it is a weakness which must be protected. A losing it would force the crew and command staff to evacuate or die within an hour. Then, the fleeing escape pods are easy prey to fighters or turbo lasers. And then the engines are obvious, destroy them and they are nothing more than orbiting space junk, practically unable to defend themselves from mobile threats and are normally scuttled. Should a ship survive being damaged in such a way it can be repaired, but takes weeks and is far easier to accomplish rather than destroy it outright. So, as you can see, just like a man, a ship has a set of organs, if you take out one of these, you can bring down the beast." Finishing my lesson in naval warfare. I then shifted my form so that I was looking into the young Chiss woman's deep red eyes.

"Enough of your lesson for today. I do have a assignment for you. I have a junior officer, an Aqualish by the name and rank of Commodore Za Kal. He is a new officer and inexperienced, but he commands the Crimson Flame, a Providence Class Carrier/Destroyer. One that is critical to the success of our initial thrust into the center of the Republic lines. His ship is to supply crucial support to the first wave as well as inform me of the strength of the Republic fleet, as well as their level of resistance. I need you to take a transport to his flagship and meet him upon his bridge. Ensure that he does not cower or shrink from the inevitable Republic counter attack. You will inform him that you are my personnel aide upon his ship and should he fail in his duties you will relieve him of command." I then gave a slight comforting smile. "Dont worry, the fighting for now is far to the front, you wont be in danger in approaching his ship, as we are well behind our lines. However, you should hurry, the Republic will be closing those lines soon." I informed her.

Before she left however, I turned to her. With a serious tone in my voice. "You know what this means, right? This will likely be your first independent command. I will be in communications with you the entire way. I am sending you because I need someone I can trust. If he turns out to be competent then simply report back to me for new orders. But if he needs to be replaced, you will do so, keep him alive and in the brig for me to deal with later. Good luck, Nutth'ebine'sabosen." I finished. Using her real name, as I try to be formal when I can and I unlike many humans can actually say it. My gaze fixating themselves on the battle, as my mind drifted on how we can make the most of this battle.

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:22 am

Count Dooku Aboard the "Invisible Hand"

Count Dooku gazed at the explosions of color and light that flashed before his eyes as the CIS fleet engaged the Republic's own. This day had been years in the making and countless months of planning between he and his master had finally brought it about. It had taken subtle maneuvering on both their parts maneuvering the CIS fleet closer to the core world and moving the Republic fleet slowly outward so as to create this opening but they had managed it despite opposition in both their senates and militaries. The day he had longed for had finally come and soon he and his master's plan would be fulfilled, the Republic would fall and the Jedi would be exterminated. A slight twinge of regret at the thought of Obi Wan, Mace and Master Yoda dying at the hands of brainwashed clones entered Dooku's mind but he quickly crushed it. He had given Obi Wan many chances to join him all of which had been denied and he knew his old master and former friend would never join the Sith blinded as they were by their false ideals and their service to a corrupt government. He and his master would usher in a new Empire fair and just to all its citizens and ruled by the Sith. He of course would head the Sith forces with his master at the helm steering the galaxy into an era without corruption and guided by the force. Breaking out of his musings Dooku saw that the "Invisible Hand" had entered the orbit of the large city planet and had engaged with numerous capital ships as evidenced by the large booms and shutters that rattled the ship.

"It is time." Dooku said quietly to himself. Taking out his comlink he typed in Grievous's personal code which would project his image in front of Grievous via a holoprojector. "General." Dooku greeted nodding his head slightly. "We have entered the Coruscant atmosphere. Order the droid transports forward flanked by our megacarriers as they enter the atmosphere. You yourself will board one of these transports when they arrive and carry out your mission. I have ordered the bounty hunter Durge to help you clear out any opposition in your path. Do not fail me General." Dooku finished warningly as he turned off his comlink and slid it into his pocket. Regardless of the warning he had left with the former Kaleesh General he had no illusions that the General would fail in his mission. He had trained Grievous personally in the 7 forms of Lightsaber combat and even he was impressed by the General's level of skill. No Jedi aside from possibly Mace or Master Yoda should be able to defeat the cyborg and they would of course be busy dealing with the droid armies assaulting the Senate and the Jedi Temple. Dooku allowed a regretful smile to grace his lips. Soon he would have no need of the General however or the CIS for that matter, and though he would miss his many bouts with Grievous he knew he would have countless sparring partners in the form of the future Sith.
Last edited by Bearon on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:41 am, edited 17 times in total.

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:28 am

The Invisible Hand, Grievous' Command Fleet, Thyferra Orbit
Grievous knew it was time... time to strike at the heart of the Republic. Soon there would be over 2000 ships in the Coruscanti Orbit, all battling for control. It was quite clear that the Republic would win the battle, fortunately the battle wasn't the objective. It was one more valuable. Palpatine... if the brains of the Republic fell then surely the rest would be behind it. The highest political figure of the Republic in CIS hands, even if for a small moment, would show the rest of the Galaxy that, not even the most important person in the Galaxy was safe and that the Republic couldn't even hold itself together, let alone its allies in the battlefield. This would be the biggest battle since to invasion of Kamino. The General had lots in store for the Jedi and inhabitants of Coruscant.

Grievous turned around to look at the Commander.
"Tell the fleet to prepare for Hyperspace, us the hidden space lane to get there quicker."
"Yes sir, I calculate that we will be there just under 2 standard minutes."

The Invisible Hand, Battle of Coruscant
Grievous' eyes squinted, showing his determination. He looked out of the window and then the super fleet entered Hyperspace. Soon the fleet came out of Hyperspace and into the battle. Immediately, The Invisible Hand shuddered as Republic ships fired upon it. Fortunately, The Invisible Hand was well modified and came prepared with reinforced shields and extra turbo batteries. Then the rest of the super fleet came in, you didn't need to see the clone's faces to know that they felt threatened. The fleet separated and began firing upon the Republic forces. Thousands of fighters being launched into battle, swarming the Arc fighters. Then Dooku contacted Grievous. Grievous got down on one knee.
"What is it my lord?"
He listened to what Dooku had to say and stood up.
"It will be done my lord, I will not fail you."

Calactic City, Coruscant, Battle of Coruscant
Grievous then turned around, his cape swinging around with him.
"Prepare the invasion force! Make sure that the bounty hunter Durge accompanies the droids attacking the city!"
Grievous speedily walked to his transport shuttle with his six Magna Guards closely following him. With the fighter support the transports made their way down to the atmosphere, some transports went down in a fiery blaze as flak guns started firing.

Soon, however, the transports landed and droids began firing on Republic military installations, such as shields and flak turrets. Bombers overhead started doing their bombing runs on the Jedi temple, destroying infrastructure so heavy machinery such as tanks couldn't reinforce. Then a total of 15,000 droids begun marching on the Jedi Temple with transports still being shot down and local buildings burning. Of course the droids were outmatched by the clones and Jedi protecting the Temple but this was merely a distraction. Close to the senate building, more droids starting firing on the guards trying to get into the building itself. Reinforcements kept flowing into the battle from the landing transports, this was supposedly the easy part, due to the land invasion, Republic reinforcements would likely be arriving soon.

So many droids and clone engaged eachother in the streets, civilian building becoming cover and forwards outposts for both sides. The droids were losing a lot but gaining ground and they pushed the clones into even more secure positions.

With all the fighting, Grievous' shuttle was able to bypass most of the flak guns. Using his army as a shield was his speciality. His shuttle landed with a battle group that was heading to the objective, the Chancellor's apartment. Both enemy and friendly bombers and fighters flew over head with explosions in the background.
"Follow me, we will engage the Republic forces near the Chancellor's apartment! Use the civilian buildings to your advantage!"
Grievous then opened up his holoprojector and contacted Count Dooku.
"My lord, I have initiated my attack, you will have the Chancellor soon"
He continued to walk with his army of droids following him.
Last edited by Capsland on Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:13 am

Chancellor's Office, The Senate Building

"Ahh. Master Yoda, Master Windu, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Darth Sidious Dark Lord of the Sith and Supreme Chancellor of the Republic greeted the spiritual and practical heads of the Jedi Order.

"I'm afraid this meeting isn't taking place under pleasurable circumstances Chancellor." Mace Windu said stepping forward. "The CIS fleet has arrived in orbit around Coruscant and they'll likely attempt to land their transports soon. We need to get you to safety Chancellor."

"I'm afraid I can't do that Master Windu." Sidious said adopting the stern look of a politician whilst cackling away in his thoughts "The Republic needs me now more then ever and if we run we will only be giving the CIS what they want."

Stepping forward his gnarled cane in front of him the little green master who was Darth Sidious's greatest opponent continued where his colleague left off. "To safety you must go. If captured you are won the CIS have." As if to emphasize his point Republic flak cannons began to fire at the approaching silhouettes of CIS transports and megacarriers illuminating them in an eerie glow. "Go we must. In danger the citizens of the Republic are. In good hands we leave you, Chancellor."

With that the Jedi Grand Master tapped his cane before walking out of the Chancellor's office with Windu. As they passed the Jedi Council members Shaak Ti, Ki Adu Mundi along with a small group of Jedi masters Yoda nodded in acknowledgement. The council members and their fellow Jedi nodded back before entering the room. "Chancellor Palpatine. We've been ordered to escort you to safety. If you wo-" Shaak Ti's statement was interrupted as she and everybody else in the room was sent sprawling by a massive shock wave that followed as a large CIS transport crashed near the Republic Senate. Debris shot by the window landing in a fiery crater near the walk ways at the entrance of the Senate building. Doing away with words Shaak Ti gestured at one of the large alien Jedi to grab the Chancellor as she and the rest of her team began to evacuate the building. Drawing her Lightsaber she shared a look at Ki Adu Mundi that said it all. She would bring the Chancellor to safety while he and the rest of the task force slowed down the enemy forces. Turning she began moving deeper into the bowels of the Senate Building while her long time friend and companion moved in front of the building.

As Yoda and Mace exited the senate building they gave eachother a look and briefly locked eyes before taking off in opposite directions down the walkway. They would defend Coruscant to their last breath.
Last edited by Bearon on Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:13 am

Capsland wrote:The Invisible Hand, Grievous' Command Fleet, Thyferra Orbit
Grievous knew it was time... time to strike at the heart of the Republic. Soon there would be over 2000 ships in the Coruscanti Orbit, all battling for control. It was quite clear that the Republic would win the battle, fortunately the battle wasn't the objective. It was one more valuable. Palpatine... if the brains of the Republic fell then surely the rest would be behind it. The highest political figure of the Republic in CIS hands, even if for a small moment, would show the rest of the Galaxy that, not even the most important person in the Galaxy was safe and that the Republic couldn't even hold itself together, let alone its allies in the battlefield. This would be the biggest battle since to invasion of Kamino. The General had lots in store for the Jedi and inhabitants of Coruscant.

Grievous turned around to look at the Commander.
"Tell the fleet to prepare for Hyperspace, us the hidden space lane to get there quicker."
"Yes sir, I calculate that we will be there just under 2 standard minutes."

The Invisible Hand, Battle of Coruscant
Grievous' eyes squinted, showing his determination. He looked out of the window and then the super fleet entered Hyperspace. Soon the fleet came out of Hyperspace and into the battle. Immediately, The Invisible Hand shuddered as Republic ships fired upon it. Fortunately, The Invisible Hand was well modified and came prepared with reinforced shields and extra turbo batteries. Then the rest of the super fleet came in, you didn't need to see the clone's faces to know that they felt threatened. The fleet separated and began firing upon the Republic forces. Thousands of fighters being launched into battle, swarming the Arc fighters. Then Dooku contacted Grievous. Grievous got down on one knee.
"What is it my lord?"
He listened to what Dooku had to say and stood up.
"It will be done my lord, I will not fail you."

Calactic City, Coruscant, Battle of Coruscant
Grievous then turned around, his cape swinging around with him.
"Prepare the invasion force! Make sure that the bounty hunter Durge accompanies the droids attacking the city!"
Grievous speedily walked to his transport shuttle with his six Magna Guards closely following him. With the fighter support the transports made their way down to the atmosphere, some transports went down in a fiery blaze as flak guns started firing.

Soon, however, the transports landed and droids began firing on Republic military installations, such as shields and flak turrets. Bombers overhead started doing their bombing runs on the Jedi temple, destroying infrastructure so heavy machinery such as tanks couldn't reinforce. Then a total of 15,000 droids begun marching on the Jedi Temple with transports still being shot down and local buildings burning. Of course the droids were outmatched by the clones and Jedi protecting the Temple but this was merely a distraction. Close to the senate building, more droids starting firing on the guards trying to get into the building itself. Reinforcements kept flowing into the battle from the landing transports, this was supposedly the easy part, due to the land invasion, Republic reinforcements would likely be arriving soon.

So many droids and clone engaged eachother in the streets, civilian building becoming cover and forwards outposts for both sides. The droids were losing a lot but gaining ground and they pushed the clones into even more secure positions.

With all the fighting, Grievous' shuttle was able to bypass most of the flak guns. Using his army as a shield was his speciality. His shuttle landed with a battle group that was heading to the objective, the Chancellor's apartment. Both enemy and friendly bombers and fighters flew over head with explosions in the background.
"Follow me, we will engage the Republic forces near the Chancellor's apartment! Use the civilian buildings to your advantage!"
Grievous then opened up his holoprojector and contacted Count Dooku.
"My lord, I have initiated my attack, you will have the Chancellor soon"
He continued to walk with his army of droids following him.

As Grievous approached the Capital disoriented clones began to rally around Ki Adu Mundi and the group of Jedi Masters who had managed to stem the advance of the droid armies around the Senate and Jedi Temple. Elsewhere Jedi Knights fight alone or in small groups some taking on small groups of battle droids and others taking on entire armies all doing their part to protect the Republic they hold so dear. As Grievous approaches with his army indiscriminately slaughtering clones, civilians, droids and Jedi that get in his way Ki Adu Mundi locks eyes with Grievous and time slows to a stand still. A rage builds in his chest as he remembers how the cyborg slaughtered his friends and companions on Hypori. Taking a deep breath Ki Adu Mundi began to recite the Jedi Code in his head.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force.

A calm serenity flooded into Jedi Master Ki Adu Mundi as he finished. Mundi glanced at his fellow Jedi before raising his Lightsaber into the air and force leaping into the approaching army of battle droids after a brief pause his fellow Jedi followed some sending droids sprawling with their impact. Hacking and slashing at the droid army Mundi knew what he had to do. The force flowing through him instructed him to stop Grievous before he could reach the Chancellor and protect the Republic whatever the cost. Mundi was prepared to except that cost even if it was his own life. Thinking of his family Mundi smiled as he continued to hack and slash his way along with his fellow Jedi torwards the General. "For them." He thought to himself "For the Republic."
Last edited by Bearon on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:31 am

A large grin began to grow on Dieau's face as he heard the mission that the Vice-Admiral was giving him. The possibilities of what he could do quickly began to flow in his mind, but as always incineration was off the menu when it came to such high valued targets. While the Vice-Admiral told him about the mission parameters the whispers within his head grew louder. Dieau gave a soft sigh as he tried hard to focus on the Vice-Admiral instead of the growing whispers within his mind. Though, the voice of Vale seemed to keep at bay the whispers as he was focused on a serious matter. After the mission briefing was done Dieau gave a quick two fingered salute before about facing and leaving the bridge. His ship, the Ablaze, had been sitting in there since he met up with the capital ship for the Coruscant matter and frankly he was waiting to get back to it. It was his first that he bought with contract money and he was rather proud of it. The ship had served him well and it had never let him down, but he had to put these thoughts aside as he had to take a serious turn for a very dangerous mission.

The hallways winded throughout the ship but the HUD display gave him the quickest route to the main elevators that connected the ship. Dieau rushed down the halls and avoided the droids that blocked his direct route to the elevators. A mission like this serious complete attention to detail if the mission were to be successful and the operative to leave unscathed, but Dieau had a feeling that if he ended up a corpse the Vice-Admiral would have some free credits to spend. Though, this Mandalorian had complete faith in his skills and he was prepared to do whatever to complete this mission.

"Why must you do this, hunter?" Asked spirit, as Dieau reached the main elevators.

"Because I must, Spirit. The Vice-Admiral hired my services and now he is using me to complete a mission." Replied Dieau, as he called the elevator down to him.

"Don't you think about the atrocities you have committed?" Replied Spirit, her voice raising with anger.

"No, I don't think I do. How else am I supposed to sleep at night?" Chuckled Dieau, as he stepped onto the elevator,"If Vice-Admiral Vale ordered me to kill younglings I would do so without hesitation."

"Do you not hear yourself! That is an act that darkens men!" Roared Spirit.

"I'm already an evil man." Dieau said, his voice turning serious and low. With that the Spirit whispers began to diminish and just in time as the elevator reached the hangar level. Another grin grew across the Mandalorians face as he saw his ship waiting patiently for him and the mission ahead. As Dieau made his way to his ship several engineering droids confronted him about the status of the Ablaze before he actually stepped onto it, a very different change from what he knew. A quick swipe of the hand on an under panel of the ship and the loading ramp lowered down to all him access onto YV-100 light freighter.

Ship systems began to activate as Dieau stepped onto the ship and made his way to the cockpit which was already lighted up and prepped for take off for his mission. Quickly throwing himself into the pilots chair and gripping the controls Dieau was ready to go. A few flipped switches later and the Ablaze was hovering off the ground prepared to leave the hangar. Dieau gave a quick look over the control panel before pushing the throttle forward and shooting out of the hangar full speed; seat gripping speeds. The speed was overwhelming, but at the same time an exhilarating moment and he couldn't get enough of it. Though, the speed allowed him to quickly avoid the initial fighting between the capital ships and frigates, but the fighters still remained. Blaster fire shot over the Ablaze but Dieau rolled the small frigate then sped underneath a capital ship to avoid anymore conflict with Republic forces.

With the CIS and Republic forces fighting behind him the Mando focused on the planet before him. Dieau steadied the controls as the atmospheric alarms began to go off to notify him that outside temperatures were reaching high levels outside of the ship. Another minute passed and the Ablaze shot the through the atmosphere and headed down to the planets surface. Initially the planet forces inquired about he managed to avoid the confrontation, but a semi-sad story and bought republic codes allowed him to sneak onto the first level of the planet.

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:44 pm

Bearon wrote:
As Grievous approached the Capital disoriented clones began to rally around Ki Adu Mundi and his group of Jedi Masters who had managed to stem the advance of the droid armies around the Senate and Jedi Temple. Elsewhere Jedi Knights fight alone or in small groups some taking on small groups of battle droids and others taking on entire armies all doing their part to protect the Republic they hold so dear. As Grievous approaches with his army indiscriminately slaughtering clones, civilians, droids and Jedi that get in his way Ki Adu Mundi locks eyes with Grievous and time slows to a stand still. A rage builds in his chest as he remembers how the cyborg slaughtered his friends and companions on Hypori. Taking a deep breath Ki Adu Mundi began to recite the Jedi Code in his head.

A calm serenity flooded into Jedi Master Ki Adu Mundi at that moment. With a look at his fellow Jedi Mundi raised his Lightsaber into the air and force leaped into the approaching army of battle droids after a brief moment his fellow Jedi followed some sending droids sprawling with their impact. Hacking and slashing at the droid army Mundi knew what he had to do. The force flowing through him instructed him to stop Grievous before he could reach the Chancellor and the Republic whatever the cost. Mundi was prepared to except that cost even if it was his own life. Thinking of his family Mundi smiled as he continued to hack and slash his way along with his fellow Jedi torwards the General. "For them." He thought to himself "For the Republic."

Grievous saw the Jedi slashing their way through the droids he stopped marching and lifted his hand in the air to signal the army to stop.
"All droids move to the streets, clear a path for the artillery!"
The droid commander spoke to Grievous "Roger, roger" Then the droid army quickly disperse to surrounding streets, engaging the clones and using the civilians as cover.

Now it was just Ki Adi Mundi and his Jedi, alone with Grievous.
"Ha ha ha ha. Is this the best the Jedi can send against me? I feel offended"
With that he reached and grabbed two of his lightsabers from his belt and ignited them.
"These lightsabers belonged to you friends Mundi... I want you to know that they died in pain and agony"
Grievous then leaped forward with immense speed from the power of his legs. Hitting a Jedi Knight in the gut, both of his lightsabers cutting into him. Then he assumed an aggressive stance in the middle of the group of Jedi, ready to kill each and everyone of them. He through his lightsaber forward to Plo Koon and the other one at Mundi, using his robotic wrists to fulling swing his lightsabers in all directions.
Last edited by Capsland on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:08 pm

As I watched Nutth'ebine'sabosen dismiss herself from my bridge, I focused my own attention to the battle in front of me. I played the part of benign observer as sat myself down in one of the few chairs on the bridge. Giving myself some much needed rest, as my health prevents me from being active for too long. Had it not been for some cybernetic replacements of my lungs, I would be dead in a few years, now I will live a mostly full life. Just not able to be as active as most others. Likely why I stayed in the navy rather than considering taking on planet side command. From what I could tell of the holo projections, we have really caught the Republic by surprise. Many of their vessels were crippled or destroyed before they could even respond to the attack. But it wont last. Even when Grievious arrives we will still be outnumbered 3 to 1. I eyed a group of Venator Class ships in the distance, this particular group was giving me trouble. Well, as much trouble as they could seeing as they were far from my position, and still defending themselves from my first wave, however I noticed they began to reroute power from the hyperdrives and fuel their turbo lasers. Easily blasting through the shields and small hulls of about a dozen Recusants and Munificent class ships. Not to even mention the hundreds of fighters spilling from their hull and combating my own Vulture Droids.

The Venator was a dedicated warship, unlike many of the vessels sailing in the CIS fleet. We are using converted and refit guild security ships for the most part. While they do the job, they are outclassed often in an even fight with a Republic warship. However, we do have our own strengths. Which I will demonstrate now. I turned to a Command droid on the bridge, executing another order. "Order the forward group of Munificent Class Frigates to begin comms disruption operations against the enemy. We need to spread further confusion into their ranks to complete our objective and prevent them from organizing long enough for us to secure the Chancellor." I commanded, the mechanical voice on the droid unit piped off. "Roger, Roger." As it obeyed the command. The Munificant class Frigate is a gift from the Banking Clan, they viewed the holonet as a corrupt tool of the Republic and designed their own comms network for communications. The ships are also equipped with comms jamming devices so we can prevent effective communications with the enemy while we have our own secure network.

The goal of this battle is not to destroy the enemy fleet, but simply keep them busy long enough for us to complete our mission with as few losses as possible. I kept that in mind as I spectated a Venator Class Destroyer engage a Providence Class Carrier. The Providence is one of the few ships in our fleet that I consider a fully capable designed warship. I was about to ask the status of that battle when I received a report from a human officer that Lux Bonteri, part of the Republic Senate and the one who betrayed our world and forcibly moved Onderon back into the Republic, was on the planet. And that Grievious' fleet had arrived as well and that reports of our forces landing on Coruscant were received.

My mind raced with what to do about this new information, as I desired to have Lux captured and brought to me, and if CIS forces were on the planet, there was no doubt that Grievious was with them and and he would soon have the Chancellor, although I was surprised by the speed in which he arrived. But, him being down there runs the risk of he encountering Dieau, which could end badly for me. "Patch me through to Dieau's comm link. I need to update his orders." I echoed out, and within moments I was speaking to him through our own secure channels. "I am now updating your mission, as well as adding 5,000 credits for the inconvenience. You are to abort your mission to secure the Chancellor. Instead your new target is a Republic Senator from Onderon, by the name of Lux Bonteri. I desire him captured alive, and with no harm done to him. When you capture him, you will bring him to my flagship. Otherwise it is the same basic mission, locate, capture and extract. I want him on my bridge before we leave this system. Admiral Vale out." I closed the link and then put it away.

I then pressed my hand against my cheek as I rested on the bridge, there is little more for me to do now. Except wait for the news of both the Chancellor's and Lux's capture. My thoughts moved to confronting Lux when he arrived, there are a great many things we need to discuss.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:20 pm

Capsland wrote:
Bearon wrote:
As Grievous approached the Capital disoriented clones began to rally around Ki Adu Mundi and his group of Jedi Masters who had managed to stem the advance of the droid armies around the Senate and Jedi Temple. Elsewhere Jedi Knights fight alone or in small groups some taking on small groups of battle droids and others taking on entire armies all doing their part to protect the Republic they hold so dear. As Grievous approaches with his army indiscriminately slaughtering clones, civilians, droids and Jedi that get in his way Ki Adu Mundi locks eyes with Grievous and time slows to a stand still. A rage builds in his chest as he remembers how the cyborg slaughtered his friends and companions on Hypori. Taking a deep breath Ki Adu Mundi began to recite the Jedi Code in his head.

A calm serenity flooded into Jedi Master Ki Adu Mundi at that moment. With a look at his fellow Jedi Mundi raised his Lightsaber into the air and force leaped into the approaching army of battle droids after a brief moment his fellow Jedi followed some sending droids sprawling with their impact. Hacking and slashing at the droid army Mundi knew what he had to do. The force flowing through him instructed him to stop Grievous before he could reach the Chancellor and the Republic whatever the cost. Mundi was prepared to except that cost even if it was his own life. Thinking of his family Mundi smiled as he continued to hack and slash his way along with his fellow Jedi torwards the General. "For them." He thought to himself "For the Republic."

Grievous saw the Jedi slashing their way through the droids he stopped marching and lifted his hand in the air to signal the army to stop.
"All droids move to the streets, clear a path for the artillery!"
The droid commander spoke to Grievous "Roger, roger" Then the droid army quickly disperse to surrounding streets, engaging the clones and using the civilians as cover.

Now it was just Ki Adi Mundi and his Jedi, alone with Grievous.
"Ha ha ha ha. Is this the best the Jedi can send against me? I feel offended"
With that he reached and grabbed two of his lightsabers from his belt and ignited them.
"These lightsabers belonged to you friends Mundi... I want you to know that they died in pain and agony"
Grievous then leaped forward with immense speed from the power of his legs. Hitting a Jedi Knight in the gut, both of his lightsabers cutting into him. Then he assumed an aggressive stance in the middle of the group of Jedi, ready to kill each and everyone of them. He through his lightsaber forward to Plo Koon and the other one at Mundi, using his robotic wrists to fulling swing his lightsabers in all directions.

Grievous vs Jedi, Streets of Coruscant

Mundi's eyes widened as he felt more then saw Grievous rush into the midst of he and his fellow Jedi. The general moved close to the speed of sound and Mundi barely had time to react as one of the Jedi Knights was stabbed in the gut and a Lightsaber blade was subsequently thrown at he and Plo Koon. Allowing the force to take over his body Mundi jumped forward avoiding the Lightsaber blade and coming down on Grievous with an overhand swing to his right he sees Koon do the same though his Lightsaber comes down in a straight line. The other Jedi had reacted with a flurry of blows and blocks in response to the cyborg's aggressive and unpredictable movements. Many would have been cut down by now if it hadn't been for Agen Kolar valiantly leading the exchange against the General intercepting blows that might have been fatal and countering Grievous blow for blow. The other Jedi would have looked on in astonishment if they themselves weren't fighting for their lives. Agen was a whirlwind that seemed to match Grievous though he himself only possessed one blade. Sensing Mundi and Koon's intent Agen leapt back and attempted to tether Grievous to the ground with the force so as to hinder his mobility.

Erin Voln, Jedi Temple

Erin Voln, Jedi Knight and protector of the Jedi Temple walked down the halls of the Jedi Temple his brow creased in thought as he walked torwards the meditation chambers. He had recently noticed that the darkness that shrouded the force for the past decade had grown to the point where it was impossible to gaze into the future even for such a one as Master Yoda where before the Jedi had had brief moments of clarity. "But then again I wasn't able to see Master Caid's death either and that was more then 6 years ago." Voln mused darkly before entering the chambers. As he slipped into his trance he was for the first time in 10 years given a vision of the future distorted as it was. The visions he saw were of death and destruction, younglings and Jedi being shot by figures in white and chopped down where they stood. As he came out of it nothing made sense to Erin "There will be an assault on the Jedi Temple? And why did those figures look suspiciously like clone troopers? And why was that man wielding a Lightsaber" He did not consider the man might be a Jedi such were the bonds of the Order. As these thoughts came into his mind an alarm sounded throughout the temple. An announcement was made about CIS forces about to land on Coruscant and for all Jedi to report to the mess hall.

Strangely enough Erin's body flooded with relief after hearing this "So my vision was right. But who were those figures in white? Some new type of droid?" Pushing his thoughts away Erin made his way to the mess hall where he had been given the assignmentto protect the younglings with a few other Jedi Knights and Masters. Erin had taken this assignment with his usual stoic manner but inside he was seething. "I'm stuck here while my fellow Jedi risk their lives protecting civilians? I cannot just stand by while people die all around me!" He had been debating on whether or not he should abandon his post when a clone trooper assigned to guard the temple during the assault ran up to him "Sir! CIS battle droids are approaching the temple and they are headed by what looks to be a bounty hunter. Orders?" Voln looked up in surprise. Regaining his composure he ordered the clone relay his order to the others "Man the ramparts and rig the entrance with explosives. I'll bring my fellow Jedi to guard against any who attempt to come through. If we should fall blow up the entry way and retreat inside to the training chambers where the younglings are." After finishing his orders Voln walked through the temple intent on gathering his fellow Jedi to defend against the attack.
Last edited by Bearon on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:47 pm

Bearon wrote:

Mundi's eyes widened as he felt more then saw Grievous rush into the midst of he and his fellow Jedi. The general moved close to the speed of sound and Mundi barely had time to react as one of the Jedi Knights was stabbed in the gut and a Lightsaber blade was subsequently thrown at he and Plo Koon. Allowing the force to take over his body Mundi jumped forward avoiding the Lightsaber blade and coming down on Grievous with an overhand swing to his right he sees Koon do the same though his Lightsaber comes down in a straight line. The other Jedi had reacted with a flurry of blows and blocks in response to the cyborg's aggressive and unpredictable movements. Many would have been cut down by now if it hadn't been for Agen Kolar valiantly leading the exchange against the General intercepting blows that might have been fatal and countering Grievous blow for blow. The other Jedi would have looked on in astonishment if they themselves weren't fighting for their lives. Agen was a whirlwind that seemed to match Grievous though he himself only possessed one blade. Sensing Mundi and Koon's intent Agen leapt back and attempted to tether Grievous to the ground with the force so as to hinder his mobility.

Grievous quickly focused his flurries on Agen to combat the Jedi's own flurries. Then, seeing Plo Koon and Mundi fall down upon him with their lightsabers. He felt the force being used on him to hold him down but Dooku taught him well, with that training and his powerful legs, he was able to switch himself upside down and use his legs to grab a hold of both Jedi and throw them into Agen. Then, came the arm detachments.
"You fools, you must know, you cannot stop me"
His arms detached into four, reaching for the other two lightsabers. He then pounced at the nearest Jedi. Engaging him with major flurries of all seven forms, confusing the Jedi master. Then, when he was about to lauch his attack, Grievous through his lightsabers into him. The noise of the lightsabers hitting the Jedi's body was moral draining.
"HA HA HAAA, time for round two!"
Now with two Jedi's down, Grievous attacked the 2 other Jedi. Leaving Mundi, Plo and Agen till last.

His stratedgy was the same, although he used his legs more. Throwing himself about, ducking and weaving in and out of the Jedi's formation, hopefully detaching them apart so he can kill them one at a time.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Capsland wrote:
Bearon wrote:

Grievous quickly focused his flurries on Agen to combat the Jedi's own flurries. Then, seeing Plo Koon and Mundi fall down upon him with their lightsabers. He felt the force being used on him to hold him down but Dooku taught him well, with that training and his powerful legs, he was able to switch himself upside down and use his legs to grab a hold of both Jedi and throw them into Agen. Then, came the arm detachments.
His arms detached into four, reaching for the other two lightsabers. He then pounced at the nearest Jedi. Engaging him with major flurries of all seven forms, confusing the Jedi master. Then, when he was about to lauch his attack, Grievous through his lightsabers into him. The noise of the lightsabers hitting the Jedi's body was moral draining.
Now with two Jedi's down, Grievous attacked the 2 other Jedi. Leaving Mundi, Plo and Agen till last.

His stratedgy was the same, although he used his legs more. Throwing himself about, ducking and weaving in and out of the Jedi's formation, hopefully detaching them apart so he can kill them one at a time.

The Jedi quickly fell to Grievous's onslaught without the aid of Master Kolar. Rising to their feet Mundi, Koon and Kolar simultaneously thrust their hands outward flinging Grievous back hundreds of feet. A squad of clone troopers ran to meet the Jedi masters awaiting orders. Turning to the rubble where Grievous had been thrown Mundi shouted "Stall him!" The clones quickly took off in that direction many setting down mini guns and rocket launchers to destroy Grievous before he could claw himself out from under the rubble. Quickly turning to his fellow Jedi Plo Koon Mundi said "Go! You must tell Shaak Ti that Grievous is here. Agen and I will hold him off while you warn the others and get the Chancellor to safety. Plo Koon hesitated briefly before grasping Mundi's shoulder and running off in the direction of the Senate building. Turning back to the rubble Mundi and Agen held their Lightsaber's up in a defensive position and prepared themselves for what would be the fight of their lives.

Durge had received his payment in advance for this job the sum total being around 5,000,000 credits. He had been hired by Count Dooku to storm the Jedi temple and slaughter as many Jedi as he could causing a diversion so that the General could capture the Chancellor. Durge couldn't quite find it in himself to care about the exploits of the CIS or its leaders. "Even the money was a secondary objective in the scheme of things." Durge reflected. The only thing going through his mind when he had accepted the job was that he would have the chance to finally face a worthy opponent. It had been a long time since he had last faced a Jedi and he was looking forward to seeing what the Order could offer him in terms of opponents. Durge's musing trailed off as he continued his march forward nearly unopposed across the streets of Coruscant. "Something isn't right here." Durge thought to himself slowing as he neared the entrance of the temple. "Where are the Jedi defenders?" He thought uneasily.
Last edited by Bearon on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Bearon wrote:
Capsland wrote:

The Jedi quickly fell to Grievous's onslaught without the aid of Master Kolar. Rising to their feet Mundi, Koon and Kolar simultaneously thrust their hands outward pushing Grievous back hundreds of feet. A squad of clone troopers ran to meet the Jedi masters awaiting orders. Turning to the rubble where Grievous had been thrown Mundi shouted "Stall him!" The clones quickly took off in that direction many setting down mini guns and rocket launchers to destroy Grievous before he could claw himself out from under the rubble. Quickly turning to his fellow Jedi Plo Koon Mundi said "Go! You must tell Shaak Ti that Grievous is here. Agen and I will hold him off while you warn the others and get the Chancellor to safety. Plo Koon hesitated briefly before grasping Mundi's shoulder and running off in the direction of the Senate building.

Grievous was thrown back into a building, making rubble fall on him. However, his armour was one of the finest in the galaxy, barely scratching him. He jumped up, high into the sky, seeing the clones all shoot at the rubble. He landed on a clone trooper, crushing him like a bug. He re-ignited all four of his lightsabers and began throwing them around, cutting all nearby clones and throwing them to the surrounding walls. The clone's screams were music to Grievous' ears.
"Delay me all you want Jedi, in the end, you're all going to die."
He began doing his signature move, spinning his two lower lightsabers infront of him, making a wall of green and blue light. Slowly walking toward Mundi and Agen.
Last edited by Capsland on Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:37 pm

Abaddon

After returning from the Invasion of Tatooine and defending the Clone training ground from attempted Confederate destruction, Jedi Knight Abaddon was to accompany the heroic Clones of the battle to Coruscant to receive recognition and medals from Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. The Gray Jedi, however, desired only rest before his redeployment to another theater of the Clone Wars, taking short rest within the Jedi Temple. His mediation, and sleep, was interrupted by the sounds of alarm and pending invasion. Rising from his bed, still in his preferred combat suit as he hardly ever took it off, he groggily shook his head to wake himself up.

He was powerful, not just in the force, but in physical combat. He arrived late to the Mess Hall for orders, and knowing he had returned from battle so shortly, he was placed upon reserve command within the Jedi Temple itself. In essence, his job was to stay at the back and catch up on some sleep, though, Abaddon delegated to protect the Temple should it fall under attack - an implied order of course, and one he hardly believed could come into effect. He was also to be ready in case of deployment in event of other Jedi needing support. Abaddon hadn't thought of the one needing support would be right under his very nose.

Deep in thought within the Mediation Chambers long after receiving his orders as a reservist, he heard the call to arms. The large, physically imposing Jedi rose, his cells stretched and relaxed as he had channeled and molded the Force in an effort to revitalize him in case he had to make an appearance. It was a strange feeling of panic he felt, however, at the actual attack being upon the Temple itself. He hurried toward the exit, moving his body to ease it's stress after the meditation, but just as he came to the door, he came face to face with a familiar Knight, one he had hardly seen eye to eye with.

His voice was deep, yet raspy, characteristic of the Gen'Dai, as he spoke to fellow Jedi Knight Erin Voln. "Hail, Knight Voln. I'm glad to see you, as I am ordered to be a reservist. However, the battle comes to our door, and I wish to be there to defend it. I would like to volunteer my life, my body, myself, for the Temple. What are your orders, commander?" Knowing that Erin's job was to protect the young ones of the Academy, and thus, held more authority over Abaddon Godblessed for this battle. It mattered not who was older, stronger in the Force, nor even if one adhered to the Jedi Code explicitly at this moment, as every hand needed to be raised to protect the Jedi Temple.

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:36 pm

Dieau Fehel-Bounty Hunter-Coruscant

Dieau sat quietly in the cockpit and was looking at various holo-screens that were placed around to show various information. Currently they were displaying the security cameras within the Senate chambers where a good group of senators were waiting out the storm that was brewing all over Coruscant. Though, thanks to the "secure" network of the Republic it was fairly easily to crack into the system unnoticed to gain access to the security system of the chambers. As the information showed up on the screens it was also giving a live feed to the inside of Dieau's helmet, but with the ship serving as a hub for the hacking he would have to be quick. He couldn't exactly try to abduct a senator without his getaway vehicle being impounded by Republic forces. With a grin on his face he arose from the pilots seat and quickly made his way to the loading ramp that was already down; already facing the senators chambers. Dieau stepped off the landing ramp and gave a final look at the live feed before activating his JT-12 jetpack and launching towards the senate chambers.

It was a funny sight to see the citizens of Coruscant scurrying about the levels of the city trying to escape the hellish war that had finally made its way here. The coup de grâce was the fact he could see the Jedi temple smoking in the distance, a laugh slowly began to escape himself. Though, Spirit had to disagree as the whispering in his mind started loud and was beginning to be a nuisance. Dieau gave a groan of annoyance and rubbed his helmet mid-flight as if he was rubbing his temple, but he managed to concentrate at the task at hand.

"You are insulting me bringing me this close to the temple!" Spirti roared.

"I don't give a damn!" Shouted Dieau, his voice seriously annoyed.

"At least you could have some humility and tell them I have perished." Demanded Spirit, her voice low and sad.

"No, they will never know. They will never recover your corpse, they will not know, you will rot." Dieau growled, "Now shut your hole!"

The silence was finally bliss and since the female Jedi decide to shut her gaping mouth, but another good upside was that he was not close to the senate building. Dieau quickly pulled up and used his vibro-dagger to latch himself onto the side of the building. A quick look back at the live feed and he could still see that the senators were held up in a room that was directly below him; cowering all except for Lux. From what he saw there was at least 4 to 5 senate guards posted with all around the senators. Dieau gave a smile as he pushed off the wall with jetpack activated and pulled out one of his blasters with his free hand and lowered himself to eye level with the senators.

With their mouths wide open the senators began to make their way towards the door behind them all except for Lux. Dieau raised his blaster pistol and fired multiple rounds through the window at the senate guards before propelling himself forward through the window. Blaster fire erupted around him, but his speed into the room made the shots all for naught. With a vibro-dagger in one hand a blaster in the other Dieau quickly rose back up and fired at all the senate guards around him. While the blaster holes in the dead still sizzled Dieau looked at Lux and rose his arm before launching his whipcord, but his delayed reaction led to his capture. A pull from the whipcord and Lux came crashing to the ground, but Dieau was having fun dragging the senator across the ground. Lux began to struggle but a swift kick to the ribs quickly shut that down and Dieau began to laugh as he picked up the senator with one arm and jumped back out the window. Republic forces were going to be to busy today to spare the forces for Senator Lux.

The flight back was rather quick since Lux was only groaning in pain over the kicked ribs, but that didn't disturb the flight one bit. As both of the men neared the Ablaze the loading rampart quickly dropped down and Dieau landed in front of it before carrying Lux inside. With all of his force the Mando shoved the senator into the holding compartment before taking his place at the pilots seat. There was pounding at the holding compartment door, but it was quickly doused by the noise of the engines. As the two prepared for takeoff the comm began to alert him that Republic forces were trying to contact him, a flip of the switched solved the annoyance.

With throttle all the way forward the Ablaze shot out of the atmosphere and back into the heat of the battle over Coruscant. Using the navigation system he quickly locked onto the Defiance and shot over to it while trying to avoid flak from both sides. As Dieau neared the Defiance he quickly gave the clearance codes before landing in the CIS controlled hangar. "Grab my prisoner and followed me." Ordered Dieau, as he opened the holding the compartment and dragged out Lux onto the hangar floor. Using his heavy boot he forced the senator to stay onto the ground until the battle droids arrived to pick him to escort him. After the battle droids took control he took his place behind the prisoner with his blaster drawn before taking him up to the bridge.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:18 pm

Craig Myers, Young Jedi
Jedi Temple

Craig swung his legs over the balcony, sitting and hearing the sounds of battle. He was thinking deep thoughts, things that a 7 year old boy should never have to think about. Why had his Master taken him to war? What was he thinking? Craig was seven, seven! And his poor fellow Padawan, Baintyffle, dead. He was dead! Craig still was in shock. Never had he heard of a Jedi training, especially not the younglings. When he was two, he was taken to the Jedi Temple. He never knew who his parents were, the only memory he had of them was his surname.

They were so flawed, the Jedi. What are we even fighting for? Why are the Jedi fighting? They were supposed to be peacekeepers and wise sages, healers, not generals and destroyers of worlds. The war had been glorified, Craig thought that he was fighting with the good guys, but he was wrong. But neither were the Jedi bad guys, he had to remember some of the good, like Yoda and Obi-Wan. They all had good intentions, but the Jedi should have never entered this war, Craig concluded. And with that, he ran to his rooms, hearing the sounds of battle coming closer and closer to the Temple. He grabbed the few possessions that he had, and clipped his green and blue lightsabers, the real ones, not the practice ones, to his belt. Where would he go? What would he do now?
Craig truly did not know, so he closed his eyes, and delved into the Force, meditating, searching for purpose. Little did he know, but Craig was powerful in the Force, though he had realized very little of his potential. As he went deeper and deeper, the force and presence of the youngling was extended, so that any powerful enough in the force would realize the power of the Force aura they were feeling.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:07 pm

I continued to wait aboard my bridge until the timely arrival of Dieau with Lux Bonteri in tow. I was informed of their presence by a droid, and the resulting thud of Lux hitting the floor as he was tossed down. I slowly stood up, and turned to face the bounty hunter and captive turning my back to the battle outside. I had considered ordering the mandalorian to leave us, but considering the risk he has taken I decided to allow him to stay. Lux was dressed in a dirtied but expensive Senator's suit that was mangled from his handling by the bounty hunter, but there was no real damage, other than a few bruises. The boy at first seethed with anger, seeing me. But, slowly began to calm down. I then waved the droids away and told them to not interfere with whatever may happen here. Then, looked over at Lux. "You may stand, we are both men here." He slowly picked himself up, his hands still restricted in binders, which I had just noticed. I then ordered a droid to remove them. "Remove his binders, he wont try anything here. And he is no animal." Promtly, the droid obeyed and finally we were ready to begin our first meeting in more than two years. He spoke first, asking the first question.

"Where is Dooku?" My face showed a tinge of surprise at the question, wondering what interest Lux had with Dooku. "I cannot tell you that. You should know that much. You are a captive and sensitive information like that you should know is out of our conversation." I retorted flatly. Lux's eyes flared up, showing anger. "You are protecting my mother's murderer." He said with a passive aggressive tone. It was my turn to express warning. "You watch your tone. Dooku had nothing to do with that, it was Republic spies. Bent on stopping the peace negotiations. Which they succeeded." I countered. As I attempted to move things in another direction Lux responded again. "Is that what Dooku told you? And you believed him?" He questioned, wearing my patience down for the boy. He is in no danger, but I have little patience to deal with him if he keeps this up.

"Between the two of you, he ignited the very existence of our Confederacy and has supported your mother's efforts in the Parliament. You, have fallen victim to the Republic's propaganda, overthrew the government of our world and forced it back into the Republic after we have seceded. Due to your actions, our world is now occupied by enslaved clone forces. So, I would be careful of who I accuse of treason. I expected you were not ready to meet a Jedi. I would have thought your principles stronger than that Lux." It was then that the young man exploded.

"YOU CLAIM TO BE FRIEND TO MY MOTHER! And yet, you march the armies of the man whom had her slain to the very doorstep of the Republic capital, making peace impossible! You dishonor her memory and her lagacy Aran!" I then made my way over to him with speed greater than my apparent health would allow. Right in front of him, I looked down at the young man, hissing. "No one apart from yourself cared for Mina more than I. She believed in Onderon. She believed in what the Confederacy could be. She knew of the corruption you now serve in the Republic. She died defending Onderon's right to stay in the Confederacy, she was a hero. You, have forced her and our world back into the hands of whom she desired we escape. I am sorry, but perhaps you truly are lost." I remarked finally turning around and seating myself once more across the bridge.

"So, you are going to have me killed?" He asked. A genuine feeling of confusion appeared over me.
"Of course not. You will be a guest upon my ship, with restricted access. I do not know how long you will remain aboard so make yourself comfortable. I will meet with you again shortly." I then nodded to six B1 Droid Marines.

"Take him to him to quarters. He will have no access beyond wing 6C. Post guards at all entrances." I ordered. As the hope seemed to have left his eyes I watched him be escorted out. However, his resolve had made me wonder. Perhaps if there was evidence, Dieau could retrieve it. I called after him. "Lux!" He turned around, facing me once more, with sunken shoulders. "Do you have any evidence, or know where I can find any for what you have told me today?" We locked eyes for almost a minute before he answered.

"Aran, there was a time when my word alone would be all that you required." I knew that was a no. And he was then escorted off the bridge.

Whatever the truth is, Lux certainly believes Dooku to be behind it. The more I thought about it the more I wondered what it was he saw or discovered or just what the Republic told him to make him so believe it so strongly. It was something that would have to be dealt with later. I needed to return my focus on the battle at hand. I then decided to dismiss Dieau for now.

"Dieau, you are dismissed. See to what you must and be on standby in case I need your services in defense of my ship or of someone. If nothing happens I will summon you once we leave this battle." I stated. Finally resting myself in my seat again. Trying to force my mind back to the Republic fleet movements on the holo maps.

Mifan
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Mifan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:12 pm

Jedi Temple

Only a few hours ago, Michael was talking to fellow Padawans about their training and the missions they've been on. They all talked about what they did and how their masters guided them through the fight. Now, however, it was a different story. None of them had their masters, and none knew if they were alive or not. Michael knew the situation was bad. Not only did the CIS get a fleet in orbit over Coruscant, they were able to land an army on the heart of the Republic, something that Michael thought was impossible.

He ran back to his room through the large halls of the temple and grabbed both of his blue lightsabers and put them on his belt, and sat on his bed. He had no guidance at the moment. As soon as the droid army landed, his master went out to fight, leaving him and the other Padawans in the temple to hopefully stay safe. All Michael could hear was the sound of battle outside as explosions and screams were heard. So this is what the war has come to. Our capital is being invaded and the CIS seem to be winning, we might as well give up. No. He wasn't going to think that. He was taught better than this by his master. He was a Jedi Guardian, one who uses his weapon is a situation like this. He wasn't going to sit back and let the war end him without him doing anything.

Michael got off his bed and exited his room. While he couldn't fight the droid army himself, he could help keep the Temple safe in the event that the droids were able to attack it, which was unlikely. Either way, he walked down the halls and began to look for other Jedi Padawans.
Uh, they're called green hearts.

You racist.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:26 pm

Capsland wrote:
Bearon wrote:
The Jedi quickly fell to Grievous's onslaught without the aid of Master Kolar. Rising to their feet Mundi, Koon and Kolar simultaneously thrust their hands outward pushing Grievous back hundreds of feet. A squad of clone troopers ran to meet the Jedi masters awaiting orders. Turning to the rubble where Grievous had been thrown Mundi shouted "Stall him!" The clones quickly took off in that direction many setting down mini guns and rocket launchers to destroy Grievous before he could claw himself out from under the rubble. Quickly turning to his fellow Jedi Plo Koon Mundi said "Go! You must tell Shaak Ti that Grievous is here. Agen and I will hold him off while you warn the others and get the Chancellor to safety. Plo Koon hesitated briefly before grasping Mundi's shoulder and running off in the direction of the Senate building.

Grievous was thrown back into a building, making rubble fall on him. However, his armour was one of the finest in the galaxy, barely scratching him. He jumped up, high into the sky, seeing the clones all shoot at the rubble. He landed on a clone trooper, crushing him like a bug. He re-ignited all four of his lightsabers and began throwing them around, cutting all nearby clones and throwing them to the surrounding walls. The clone's screams were music to Grievous' ears.
"Delay me all you want Jedi, in the end, you're all going to die."
He began doing his signature move, spinning his two lower lightsabers infront of him, making a wall of green and blue light. Slowly walking toward Mundi and Agen.

The clones that had survived Grievous's onslaught continued to fire at the cyborg General causing the area around him to explode in a shower of durasteel and concrete as his blades blocked all incoming shots. Agen Kolar and Ki Adu Mundi signaled to the clones to stop what they were doing and call for reinforcements while they handled the General. The two Jedi Council members allowed the force to take over their actions and simultaneously propelled themselves forward to thrust their sabers into the maelstrom of blades spinning around Grievous. The clone troopers had backed nearly a hundred meters away from the fight and begun fortifying their position as they patched into the code for a local barracks. The leader of the clones a trooper known as Grey named for his signature grey white armor crouched down among the wreckage of what had once been a large trade building as they patched the communication device through the layers of encryptions. "Hello? Hello? Can anyone hear this? This is Commander Grey of 112th Company. Do you read me?" A muffled and garbled reply came through and as the Fixer the clone technician adjusted the satellite the voice came in clearly "-cognize the 112th." Grasping at the communication device tightly Commander Grey continued "This is Commander Grey of the 112th Company. I repeat do you read me?" This time the voice came through clearly. "This is Captain Fox of the 13th regiment. We read you clearly." Grey almost let a smile overtake his face before refocusing on the situation at hand. "We need you to send an LAAT with a squad of troopers to this location." Wasting no time Fixer streamed a series of codes and numbers across the line that would allow the barracks to identify their location but would be useless to any CIS forces. "We have your location. Sending reinforcements now." A flood of relief swept through Grey. Now all the Jedi would have to do was hold out long enough for reinforcements. A wave of unease came over Grey though as he watched the battle progress between the cyborg and the Jedi and unbidden an unwanted thought came into his mind "Could they hold out long enough?"

Neros wrote:
Abaddon

After returning from the Invasion of Tatooine and defending the Clone training ground from attempted Confederate destruction, Jedi Knight Abaddon was to accompany the heroic Clones of the battle to Coruscant to receive recognition and medals from Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. The Gray Jedi, however, desired only rest before his redeployment to another theater of the Clone Wars, taking short rest within the Jedi Temple. His mediation, and sleep, was interrupted by the sounds of alarm and pending invasion. Rising from his bed, still in his preferred combat suit as he hardly ever took it off, he groggily shook his head to wake himself up.

He was powerful, not just in the force, but in physical combat. He arrived late to the Mess Hall for orders, and knowing he had returned from battle so shortly, he was placed upon reserve command within the Jedi Temple itself. In essence, his job was to stay at the back and catch up on some sleep, though, Abaddon delegated to protect the Temple should it fall under attack - an implied order of course, and one he hardly believed could come into effect. He was also to be ready in case of deployment in event of other Jedi needing support. Abaddon hadn't thought of the one needing support would be right under his very nose.

Deep in thought within the Mediation Chambers long after receiving his orders as a reservist, he heard the call to arms. The large, physically imposing Jedi rose, his cells stretched and relaxed as he had channeled and molded the Force in an effort to revitalize him in case he had to make an appearance. It was a strange feeling of panic he felt, however, at the actual attack being upon the Temple itself. He hurried toward the exit, moving his body to ease it's stress after the meditation, but just as he came to the door, he came face to face with a familiar Knight, one he had hardly seen eye to eye with.

His voice was deep, yet raspy, characteristic of the Gen'Dai, as he spoke to fellow Jedi Knight Erin Voln. "Hail, Knight Voln. I'm glad to see you, as I am ordered to be a reservist. However, the battle comes to our door, and I wish to be there to defend it. I would like to volunteer my life, my body, myself, for the Temple. What are your orders, commander?" Knowing that Erin's job was to protect the young ones of the Academy, and thus, held more authority over Abaddon Godblessed for this battle. It mattered not who was older, stronger in the Force, nor even if one adhered to the Jedi Code explicitly at this moment, as every hand needed to be raised to protect the Jedi Temple.

Nodding Voln fell into step with the Gen' Dai master as he allowed his force presence to spread outward in an attempt to sense the remaining Jedi at the temple. "I ordered the clones around the temple to begin setting up defenses further into the temple past the entrance. The remaining clone troopers are fortifying the bulwarks along the top of the temple and setting explosives near the entrance in case we need to block it. I've already sent the remaining Jedi to the training area to guard the padawans and apprentices." Erin said tersely. Taking a deep breath Erin continued "You and I along with the remaining clones will have to be enough when it comes to defending the temple." Voln finished tightening his grip on his Lightsaber. Neither Erin or the Gen' Dai master had much time to consider their situation because almost as soon as Voln finished a booming voice rang throughout the Jedi Temple. "You may know me as Durge! One of the last of the great Gen' Dai race. I have been ordered to tear down your precious Jedi Temple and kill all who reside within it." The voice paused as if to let his words sink in. "But I am willing to postpone the destruction of your temple if you send out your best fighters to face me in single combat. If the Jedi even have such a fighter." The voice finished disdainfully. Erin looked at his colleague "We must grant his request. Perhaps we can stall him long enough for reinforcements to arrive." Voln said doubtfully.
Last edited by Bearon on Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:22 pm

With a spin of his blaster he holstered the weapon before nodding to the Vice-Admiral, "As you wish, Vice-Admiral." Replied Dieau, as he turned around towards the bridge doors and left right behind the prisoner. Lux was slouching and his feet dragged with each step, but still the Mando was ever watchful. When the prisoner and his two droids turned a corner and took the elevator down to his quarters that was the time Dieau removed his right hand off of his blaster handle. Dieau gave a crack of his neck before removing his "T" helmet and leaning up against the durasteel wall. The cool metal wall chilled his hot head, but it wasn't enough to cool of the rest of him. He hadn't had this much fun with a mission in a long time and even though he was only on payroll with the Vice-Admiral he still felt a fierce loyalty to the man. Though, Dieau was still thinking if he would actually take a blaster to the chest for the man

After chilling off his head Dieau pushed himself from the durasteel wall and began making his way back to his quarters than had been assigned to him. The walk back to his quarters seemed long, but over exaggeration seemed to hit him harder after doing a mission. When he slid his hand past the sensor he almost fell right onto the ground but he held himself up just long enough to throw his "T" helmet onto the bed. A smile grew on his face as he stepped into the restroom and began to remove his armor. The sensor in the shower activated and the restroom began to steam up and Dieau basked in the glory.

The armor was thrown about the restroom and Dieau was already on the bed ready to rest his worries. He made sure the notification alarm was on just in case the Vice-Admiral would need him, but he wouldn't be surprised if he had to be called multiple times. A final sigh of relief came out as Dieau threw the covers over himself and let himself drift out. Spirit had finally shut up and it was glorious, but he wasn't just quite ready to hear that annoying voice once again.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse