NATION

PASSWORD

Where would you like to see the Grand Theft Auto games go?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Creepoc Infinite
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Where would you like to see the Grand Theft Auto games go?

Postby Creepoc Infinite » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:20 am

For those of you who play games, like me. And for those of you who play Grand Theft Auto, like me, I ask this: where would you like to see GTA 6 take place? I would personally like to see them do Chicago, like watch dogs but not mediocre.

And also, what do you think is in store for the future of the series?
What is your favorite characters, and why?
Which game has the best setting and story?
Signed, Creepoc Infinite
Secularism should be implemented everywhere at all times, get god out of politics. Get god away from impressionable children while you're at it.
check out my region, here.
Star Wars:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=328953

Trevor Phillip Enterprises
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trevor Phillip Enterprises » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:12 am

Chicago, but in the in the depression era with all the with the tommy guns and whatnot, and the main character must be able to yell "Yell never get me alive coppers, nyah seeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
Currently being edited by Pablo Escobar since Thu Jul 09, 1983 10:37 am.
CALLING ALL ANTI-PONYISTS!
-∮ The Crumpet Cult ∮-

Kharzziland
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kharzziland » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:15 am

the UK

Cyllea
Minister

Founded: Nov 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:16 am

I'd like to see them do somewhere non-american, as I think it would add a great twist. A grand theft auto game set in China, or Europe would be fun and also really different (assuming they did it right) because of differing cultures, reactions to crime and the way people act.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Trevor Phillip Enterprises » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:16 am

Kharzziland wrote:the UK

Like in London 1969, or in the present? Either way I want chips to be heath pickup items.
Last edited by Trevor Phillip Enterprises on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
-∮ The Crumpet Cult ∮-

Republika Srpska Party
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Republika Srpska Party » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:20 am

I'd most likely base it in Los Angeles or Las Vegas.
Official Member of the Slavic Alliance
I'm an MT Nation, and handle it.
KOSOVO JE SRBIJA!.Albania's Nightmare.NATO War Crimes over Serbian People.
IATA Member
Pro: Russia, Donetsk, Serbia, Greece, Romania, China, India, Armenia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Ireland, IRA, Scottish Independence, Lugansk, North Korea, Italy, Canada, Israel, DR Congo, Spain, France, Libya, Switzerland, Kurdistan, South Africa, Angola, Algeria
Neutral: LGBT Rights, Egypt, Morocco, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Iran, Sweden
Anti: Ukraine, NATO, USA, Albania, Turkey, Hungary, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Independent Kosovo, UK, Palestine, Yemen, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina
-Lithuanian Gulf War - LDF Side [LDF SURRENDER]

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:26 am

The HD universe definitely needs a Vice City installment.

Republika Srpska Party wrote:I'd most likely base it in Los Angeles or Las Vegas.

GTA V and SA before it were set in Los Santos. Have you ever played any GTA games?

Cyllea wrote:I'd like to see them do somewhere non-american, as I think it would add a great twist. A grand theft auto game set in China, or Europe would be fun and also really different (assuming they did it right) because of differing cultures, reactions to crime and the way people act.

GTA has always been sort of a solely American venture. It isn't a rule, but one of the series intended purposes from the start was to satirize American culture.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

Republika Srpska Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Republika Srpska Party » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:28 am

New Frenco Empire wrote:The HD universe definitely needs a Vice City installment.

Republika Srpska Party wrote:I'd most likely base it in Los Angeles or Las Vegas.

GTA V and SA before it were set in Los Santos. Have you ever played any GTA games?

Cyllea wrote:I'd like to see them do somewhere non-american, as I think it would add a great twist. A grand theft auto game set in China, or Europe would be fun and also really different (assuming they did it right) because of differing cultures, reactions to crime and the way people act.

GTA has always been sort of a solely American venture. It isn't a rule, but one of the series intended purposes from the start was to satirize American culture.

So you think I never play'd GTA games? I play'd GTA SA, GTA IV and GTA III. But I never passed GTA SA, I mostly gone free roam.
IATA Member
Pro: Russia, Donetsk, Serbia, Greece, Romania, China, India, Armenia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Ireland, IRA, Scottish Independence, Lugansk, North Korea, Italy, Canada, Israel, DR Congo, Spain, France, Libya, Switzerland, Kurdistan, South Africa, Angola, Algeria
Neutral: LGBT Rights, Egypt, Morocco, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Iran, Sweden
Anti: Ukraine, NATO, USA, Albania, Turkey, Hungary, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Independent Kosovo, UK, Palestine, Yemen, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:30 am

Republika Srpska Party wrote:
New Frenco Empire wrote:The HD universe definitely needs a Vice City installment.

So you think I never play'd GTA games? I play'd GTA SA, GTA IV and GTA III. But I never passed GTA SA, I mostly gone free roam.

I mean, if you payed attention while you were playing them, it would become clear that Los Santos = Los Angeles. All the cities in the series are based off of real American cities, but with a name change (Liberty City = NYC, Vice City = Miami, etc).
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Trevor Phillip Enterprises » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:31 am

Do you think that the other cities in the San Andreas State like San Fierro (San Francisco) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas) will ever return?
-∮ The Crumpet Cult ∮-

Cyllea
Minister

Founded: Nov 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:32 am

Trevor Phillip Enterprises wrote:Do you think that the other cities in the San Andreas State like San Fierro (San Francisco) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas) will ever return?

San Fierro would be really cool.

Republika Srpska Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Republika Srpska Party » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:32 am

New Frenco Empire wrote:
Republika Srpska Party wrote:So you think I never play'd GTA games? I play'd GTA SA, GTA IV and GTA III. But I never passed GTA SA, I mostly gone free roam.

I mean, if you payed attention while you were playing them, it would become clear that Los Santos = Los Angeles. All the cities in the series are based off of real American cities, but with a name change (Liberty City = NYC, Vice City = Miami, etc).

I know, I know. I didn't realize that LS was based off LS. But I know that VC was based off Miami, and LC based off NYC for sure. Because I saw the Lady Liberty holding a latte and when you go in it you see the most creepiest thing ever... A beating heart inside a frigin' statue.
IATA Member

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Trevor Phillip Enterprises » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:33 am

Cyllea wrote:
Trevor Phillip Enterprises wrote:Do you think that the other cities in the San Andreas State like San Fierro (San Francisco) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas) will ever return?

San Fierro would be really cool.

Driving around will be a bitch though, with all them inclines and whatnot.

Republika Srpska Party wrote:I know, I know. I didn't realize that LS was based off LA. But I know that VC was based off Miami, and LC based off NYC for sure. Because I saw the Lady Liberty holding a latte and when you go in it you see the most creepiest thing ever... A beating heart inside a frigin' statue.

How could you not? The (US) Maze Bank tower? the (Holly)Vinewood sign? The presence of West coast rap in the radio?
Last edited by Trevor Phillip Enterprises on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
-∮ The Crumpet Cult ∮-

Zawaab
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zawaab » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:34 am

Balkans/Russia/Middle East (mainly so I can yell "allahu akbar!" and blow some stuffs up)

Republika Srpska Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Republika Srpska Party » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:35 am

Zawaab wrote:Balkans/Russia/Middle East (mainly so I can yell "allahu akbar!" and blow some stuffs up)

There is a mod for SA where you can activate GTA Serbia/Srbija.
IATA Member

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Trevor Phillip Enterprises » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:36 am

Zawaab wrote:Balkans/Russia/Middle East (mainly so I can yell "allahu akbar!" and blow some stuffs up)

Niko better be there...
Last edited by Trevor Phillip Enterprises on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
-∮ The Crumpet Cult ∮-

Republika Srpska Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Republika Srpska Party » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:37 am

Trevor Phillip Enterprises wrote:

Niko better be there...

To be honest, Niko and Trevor are my favorite GTA characters.

If he is on the Balkans, Niko should be working for the Serbian Mafia, or the gang "Zemun Clan" and then turn against them, as usual.
IATA Member

Gyllenemark
Envoy

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gyllenemark » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:40 am

Bangladesh. What could be cooler than corruption, strikes, fighting and rickshaws?

All the above is what makes me want to play GTA :p Even if there are no rickshaws.
- Grand Duke Asjorn Haavenlund I of Gyllenmark.
Allahu Ackbar!

Zawaab
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zawaab » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:42 am

Gyllenemark wrote:Bangladesh. What could be cooler than corruption, strikes, fighting and rickshaws?

All the above is what makes me want to play GTA :p Even if there are no rickshaws.

Sleeping Dogs. (but china.)

Republika Srpska Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Republika Srpska Party » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:42 am

"I must be hearing things, of a PEASANT telling me what to do!" - Vlad.
IATA Member

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Trevor Phillip Enterprises » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:42 am

Gyllenemark wrote:Bangladesh. What could be cooler than corruption, strikes, fighting and rickshaws?

Will the radio have bollywood songs in it?
-∮ The Crumpet Cult ∮-

Gyllenemark
Envoy

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gyllenemark » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:43 am

Trevor Phillip Enterprises wrote:

Will the radio have bollywood songs in it?

EPIC IDEA! Exploding rickshaws would be cool too.
- Grand Duke Asjorn Haavenlund I of Gyllenmark.
Allahu Ackbar!

Krajstali
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krajstali » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:01 am

Somewhere in Eastern Europe, maybe Niko returns home with the intent of giving his family back at home a better life with the money he got from Liberty City?
The Balkans would definitely be a good place, I'd piss my pants if Rockstar created someone that resembled Željko Ražnatović (AKA Arkan) and his gang of Tigers both in looks and in personality. Or hell even better, downright Play as Arkan with two other playable characters, One who's a Veteran Bosnian Mujahid (Based off Nasir Oric) and the other a Croat (Based off Ante Gotovina)

The Radio would be awesome if it had licensed music from Beogradski Sindikat,Dino Merlin,Thompson,Roki Rodoljub Vulovic,Sandokan MC and a few other Balkan artists.
Last edited by Krajstali on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
forgive me god it's time to go back to the old me

Creepoc Infinite
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creepoc Infinite » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:06 am

Krajstali wrote:Somewhere in Eastern Europe, maybe Niko returns home with the intent of giving his family back at home a better life with the money he got from Liberty City?
The Balkans would definitely be a good place, I'd piss my pants if Rockstar created someone that resembled Željko Ražnatović (AKA Arkan) and his gang of Tigers both in looks and in personality. Or hell even better, downright Play as Arkan with two other playable characters, One who's a Veteran Bosnian Mujahid (Based off Nasir Oric) and the other a Croat (Based off Ante Gotovina)

The Radio would be awesome if it had licensed music from Beogradski Sindikat,Dino Merlin,Thompson,Roki Rodoljub Vulovic,Sandokan MC and a few other Balkan artists.

I doubt they would bring back niko.
I find it It interesting that a lot of you guys seem to want one somewhere outside America.
I mean, it's not a rule, but one of the things GTA Known for is for being a satire of American culture.
The only GTA games that took place outside of the U.S are the GTA London titles, and they came out before the game was anything close to what it is today.
Signed, Creepoc Infinite
Secularism should be implemented everywhere at all times, get god out of politics. Get god away from impressionable children while you're at it.

Creepoc Infinite
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creepoc Infinite » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:10 am

Trevor Phillip Enterprises wrote:Chicago, but in the in the depression era with all the with the tommy guns and whatnot, and the main character must be able to yell "Yell never get me alive coppers, nyah seeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

If they did another game like L.A. noire then it would work as a sequel.
Signed, Creepoc Infinite

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction