NATION

PASSWORD

The Meltdown (IC, MT) (CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Blorbs
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

The Meltdown (IC, MT) (CLOSED)

Postby Blorbs » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:59 pm

RP CLOSED NO MORE POSTING

This is a fairly informal RP and doesn't have an OOC thread or anything, but we still need rules
RULES:
1. No Godmodding
2. In any sort of OOC argument I will settle it
3. This is MT only. No ray guns and sh*t.
4. Human only! I know my nation actually is kerbal not human but for RP purposes they are human.
5. Be nice and have fun!

12:05 December 21 2014, Blorbs Southern Nuclear Power Station No. 4

An alarm rings. The control panel beeps with red lights indicating an impending reactor meltdown. A guard rushes in the door of the control room, breathing heavily "Three unidentified men were spotted entering the reactor room. We tried to stop them but they got away too quickly. We aren't sure where they went." the booming voice of the control operator yelled back "Well, did you check the reactor room? Because from this control panel in looks like they broke every pipe and breached every hull they could find!" "Uhh, no sir, we didn't. But I will have a Hasmat team right on it." "You sure will! Now im getting out of here!" the control operator finished speaking and ran off, pushing the guard to the side.

Image of nuclear meltdown site (above)

All throughout the neighboring cities and rural areas airhorns sounded. Nuclear Meltdown alerts were coming from every radio, TV and computer in sight. They all blared the same message, "There has been an unrecoverable nuclear meltdown in the nearby nuclear plant. Evacuate Immedietly"

For most, any warning is useless as the contaminents reach very quickly giving them lethal dosages. For others, they are able to escape most of it but still suffer from radiation poisoning. Hundreds of Hazmat teams and ambulances rush towards the contaminated area, trying to help all survivors, but this does not help much.

The following week investigations begin on the source of the meltdown. It is quickly realised that in the ajasent room to the reactor, a bomb was placed. Upon detination, it breached the reactor and all nearby pipes and equipment. Quickly, radioactive gasses and contaminets escaped the melting down plant and spread around. While it is unknown who has done this, a small peice of the bomb survived in the reckage and was recovered and is currently being examined. This may reveal the culprets of the attack.

The President of Blorbs has issued this message to the govournment of your nation: "As you may have recently heard, a nuclear meltdown was started by a mysterious group of men and we are currently in major need of help. Any aid in the cleanup process or financial aid is greatly appreciated, we would also request for you to tell us of any information you have on the culpret of the attack, and any help with finding who has done this would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you."
Last edited by Blorbs on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space - each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
- Randall Munroe

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:05 am

I started this in the middle of the night so I needed to bump it. sorry.
"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space - each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
- Randall Munroe

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:20 am

Spaceport Congreveopia, Experimental Robotics Branch, Active Deployment Block, Emergency Response Subsection, Project Manager’s Officer, 12:20:

“Sir!” said a man running into the room “I mean, ma’am! There’s been a terrorist attack leading to a nuclear meltdown in Blorbs! The plant has totally suffered a catastrophic meltdown! They’re requesting international help in the investigation! Isn’t this fantastic?!”

“A nuclear meltdown is fantastic?” asked the project manager “How many people died?”

“Oh, loads, I’m sure.” said the man “But this is an actual chance to do something with our robots! Isn’t it great?!”

“Remind me to never let the press talk to you.” said the project manager “And yes, I suppose we ought to do something. I’ll contact the president, you get whatever equipment you need onto the transport.”

One of Congreveopia Space Command’s C-5 Galaxies is rolled out of its hanger. Four trucks are loaded aboard, each with the gear for a different robotics team. A control van is also brought along for each team. The teams are as follows:

-Tactical Airborne Mapping Team: Assorted small UAVs for detailed mapping and modeling of small (less than 100km2) areas.
-Indoor Navigation and Mapping Team: Various small and medium sized robots along with a few quadrotor UAVs for mapping the insides of buildings and deploying communication relays.
-Rough Terrain Combatance Team: Two robots similar to RoboSimian designed to traverse rough and unpredictable terrain and render it safe for other robots.
-Human Environment Interaction Team: One robot similar to Atlas designed to perform tasks designed to be performed by humans in an environment to difficult for humans to operate in.

In addition to that, Nexus is sending one of his robotic avatars to act as a liaison with the rescue workers from Blorbs at the scene. In total, about fifty passengers are on the plane, with forty being involved in the teams and the rest being management to coordinate the teams’ activities with each other and other rescue workers on site.

The Congreveopian government requests permission for the C-5 to land at an airport near the nuclear plant and the teams to be allowed to aid in the rescue, recovery, and investigation work at the plant.
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Congreveopia wrote:Spaceport Congreveopia, Experimental Robotics Branch, Active Deployment Block, Emergency Response Subsection, Project Manager’s Officer, 12:20:

“Sir!” said a man running into the room “I mean, ma’am! There’s been a terrorist attack leading to a nuclear meltdown in Blorbs! The plant has totally suffered a catastrophic meltdown! They’re requesting international help in the investigation! Isn’t this fantastic?!”

“A nuclear meltdown is fantastic?” asked the project manager “How many people died?”

“Oh, loads, I’m sure.” said the man “But this is an actual chance to do something with our robots! Isn’t it great?!”

“Remind me to never let the press talk to you.” said the project manager “And yes, I suppose we ought to do something. I’ll contact the president, you get whatever equipment you need onto the transport.”

One of Congreveopia Space Command’s C-5 Galaxies is rolled out of its hanger. Four trucks are loaded aboard, each with the gear for a different robotics team. A control van is also brought along for each team. The teams are as follows:

-Tactical Airborne Mapping Team: Assorted small UAVs for detailed mapping and modeling of small (less than 100km2) areas.
-Indoor Navigation and Mapping Team: Various small and medium sized robots along with a few quadrotor UAVs for mapping the insides of buildings and deploying communication relays.
-Rough Terrain Combatance Team: Two robots similar to RoboSimian designed to traverse rough and unpredictable terrain and render it safe for other robots.
-Human Environment Interaction Team: One robot similar to Atlas designed to perform tasks designed to be performed by humans in an environment to difficult for humans to operate in.

In addition to that, Nexus is sending one of his robotic avatars to act as a liaison with the rescue workers from Blorbs at the scene. In total, about fifty passengers are on the plane, with forty being involved in the teams and the rest being management to coordinate the teams’ activities with each other and other rescue workers on site.

The Congreveopian government requests permission for the C-5 to land at an airport near the nuclear plant and the teams to be allowed to aid in the rescue, recovery, and investigation work at the plant.

After a fairly long time of waiting, an automated transmission in a very robotic sounding voice comes in to the C-5 "The airport has been evacuated due to high radiation levels. Any disaster aid vehicles are clear for landing"
- Randall Munroe

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:43 pm

C-5 Galaxy:

“The airport has been evacuated due to high radiation levels. Any disaster aid vehicles are clear for landing.” said the radio.

“Nexus, please advise.” said the pilot “I thought this airport was active.”

“I did too.” said Nexus “Someone passed me the wrong data, or maybe a truck full of rare-earth magnets drove past one of my data centers. Give me a moment and I’ll contact Blorbs’s government.”

Message from Nexus to whatever is coordinating the relief effort in Blorbs:

This is Nexus, contacting you on behalf of the Congreveopian relief team. Our transport airplane is currently orbiting [airport name here], and we just received word that its down from the radiation. Would it be safe to land there, or should we go for a further away airport and stomach the longer drive?

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Congreveopia wrote:C-5 Galaxy:

“The airport has been evacuated due to high radiation levels. Any disaster aid vehicles are clear for landing.” said the radio.

“I did too.” said Nexus “Someone passed me the wrong data, or maybe a truck full of rare-earth magnets drove past one of my data centers. Give me a moment and I’ll contact Blorbs’s government.”

This is Nexus, contacting you on behalf of the Congreveopian relief team. Our transport airplane is currently orbiting [airport name here], and we just received word that its down from the radiation. Would it be safe to land there, or should we go for a further away airport and stomach the longer drive?

Nexus receives a staticy reply "Hello, Nexus. The airport has been closed down to civillians, but the airport is still safe to land. Just make sure any people on the nexus dont stay long or wear Hasmat suits."
Last edited by Blorbs on Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Randall Munroe

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:35 pm

BNN

Blorbs News Network

Terrorist attack in Blorbs causes Nuclear Meltdown
Yesterday three terrorists bombed a nuclear power plant in Blorbs causing a Meltdown. Currently there have been 104 confirmed casulties from the Meltdown but ~103,000 citizens have been effected by radiation leaked from the reactors, and 24,305 have been hospitalized, but many of them aren't able to get health service due to not enough room in hospitals, many of which have been closed due to high radiation. Cleanup of the site is beggining immediately, but for the majority of the area they don't expect the radiation levels to go back to a safe amount for at least 20 years.

Image of nuclear meltdown site (above)

The president of Blorbs had this to say, "This is a very sad time for Blorbs as many people are being killed and forced out of there homes. We are starting a disaster releif fund which private organizations, individuals, and nations alike can donate to help this cause. The Blorbs govournment will also be proving as much aid to the disaster as possible, and we will overcome this disaster and make whoever is responsible for this pay."

This has been BNN, Blorbs News Network, and we will give more information on the disaster as it is available.

Area affected by radiation (Red = Affected, Blue = Clean)
(Sorry for how crude and pixely it is, I dont have a high def image of my nation)
- Randall Munroe

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Blorbs wrote:

Nexus receives a staticy reply "Hello, Nexus. The airport has been closed down to civillians, but the airport is still safe to land. Just make sure any people on the nexus dont stay long or wear Hasmat suits."

Nexus replies “Roger that. We do not intend to enter the irradiated area personally, and the airplane needs refueling anyways. We’ll head to another airport.”

The C-5 Galaxy flies to an airport that is operational, large enough to field a C-5, and as near to the reactor as possible. It requests permission from the tower to land.

Links:

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
Blorbs wrote:Nexus receives a staticy reply "Hello, Nexus. The airport has been closed down to civillians, but the airport is still safe to land. Just make sure any people on the nexus dont stay long or wear Hasmat suits."

Nexus replies “Roger that. We do not intend to enter the irradiated area personally, and the airplane needs refueling anyways. We’ll head to another airport.”

The C-5 Galaxy flies to an airport that is operational, large enough to field a C-5, and as near to the reactor as possible. It requests permission from the tower to land.

A transmission comes in "Roger that. Permisson to land granted."
- Randall Munroe

Schutzgeidt
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzgeidt » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:33 pm

The Federal Republic of Schutzgeidt

To: The head of state of Blorbs
Subject: Nuclear Meltdown in Blorbs
Encryption: None

The Federal Republic of Schutzgeidt condemns the terrorist attack which brought about a grave disaster to the nation of Blorbs. We would like to give assistance to the nation by sending in radiological emergency response teams in groups of ten with every group consisting of fifteen personnel. They will aid in monitoring the radiation levels and assessing possible protective measures that can be done to slow down and minimize the spread of radioactive particles. They will work in coordination with local authorities in the area. We are also able to aid in finding whoever is responsible for the terrorist act if you permit us to send in a forensics investigation team to your nation.

Sincerely,

Jorgen von Geidt - President, The Federal Republic of Schutzgeidt

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:27 pm

TO: The Federal Republic of Schutzgeidt
ENCRYPTION: None

We would like to personally thank for your support and your aid in this horrible, horrible disaster. Infact, to show our gratitude, we would like to invite the leader or a person of his/her choise of your great nation to a dinner party in your nations honor.

Sincerely,
Blorbs President, Mr. Kerman

OOC: I didn't mean to copy your format BTW, I actually didn't realize thats the format you even used untill after I posted it as that is what I very often normally used when formalling conversing nation-to-nation :P
Last edited by Blorbs on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- Randall Munroe

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:42 pm

C-5 Galaxy:

“Roger that, Papa-Four-Three-Zero-Uniform is taxiing to park via Bravo 2, Echo, Alpha.”

The massive airplane trundled off the runway and began taxiing through the airport to its designated parking spot. Unlike the dull gray of the military C-5s, this transport from Congreveopia Space Command had a mainly white livery with two bright red slashes running from nose to tail. The Space Command logo decorated both sides. As it rolled to a stop, the front and back ends unfurled their ramps and the loadmasters began getting the four trucks and five vans out of the transport. Each vehicle was decorated with the insignia of its team, except for the administrator’s van, which just bore the normal Space Command logo. The passengers debarked as the vehicles were unloaded, and a few minutes later the convoy rolled away as the pilot went off to go and request fuel for the C-5.

Convoy, approaching the affected area:

“I’m telling you, we’re lost.” said the chief coordinator, sitting in the front passenger's seat of the lead van.

“We’re not lost.” said Nexus, driving the van “I just don’t have any satellites in the area, so I’m having to compare the data from a couple weeks ago to maps of the area and video from the news reports.”

“You can just call them and ask where we should set up.” said the chief.

“Where’s the fun in that?” said Nexus “Anyways, this looks like the right place up ahead.”

The convoy drove up into one of the forwardmost bases of Blorbs’s relief workers that was still outside the dangerously irradiated zone. As most of the vans idled near the entrance, the chief hopped out and ran over to someone who looked like he was in charge.

“Hey.” he said “I’m in charge of the Congreveopian relief force. We’re going to do robotic mapping and recon of the plant. Who should I report to on your end, and where’s a safe place to set up?”

Links:

Schutzgeidt
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzgeidt » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:53 pm

Rapid Telegram Messaging
To: President of Blorbs, Mr. Kerman

President Jorgen von Geidt of the Federal Republic of Schutzgeidt is more than glad to attend the dinner party alongside 5 security personnel if it is permitted. We would like to inform you that a fleet of two Airbus A400M aircraft and two C130J Super Hercules aircraft will be sent to your nation. These aircraft will be transporting the radiological emergency response teams and a forensic investigation team. The estimated time of arrival will be in about 3 hours.
Last edited by Schutzgeidt on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:56 pm

“Roger that, Papa-Four-Three-Zero-Uniform is taxiing to park via Bravo 2, Echo, Alpha.”

The massive airplane trundled off the runway and began taxiing through the airport to its designated parking spot. Unlike the dull gray of the military C-5s, this transport from Congreveopia Space Command had a mainly white livery with two bright red slashes running from nose to tail. The Space Command logo decorated both sides. As it rolled to a stop, the front and back ends unfurled their ramps and the loadmasters began getting the four trucks and five vans out of the transport. Each vehicle was decorated with the insignia of its team, except for the administrator’s van, which just bore the normal Space Command logo. The passengers debarked as the vehicles were unloaded, and a few minutes later the convoy rolled away as the pilot went off to go and request fuel for the C-5.

Convoy, approaching the affected area:

“I’m telling you, we’re lost.” said the chief coordinator, sitting in the front passenger's seat of the lead van.

“We’re not lost.” said Nexus, driving the van “I just don’t have any satellites in the area, so I’m having to compare the data from a couple weeks ago to maps of the area and video from the news reports.”

“You can just call them and ask where we should set up.” said the chief.

“Where’s the fun in that?” said Nexus “Anyways, this looks like the right place up ahead.”

The convoy drove up into one of the forwardmost bases of Blorbs’s relief workers that was still outside the dangerously irradiated zone. As most of the vans idled near the entrance, the chief hopped out and ran over to someone who looked like he was in charge.

“Hey.” he said “I’m in charge of the Congreveopian relief force. We’re going to do robotic mapping and recon of the plant. Who should I report to on your end, and where’s a safe place to set up?”

An old, schronny man waddles up. His jacket had a radiation symbol with the word "Cheif" above of it on the sholders. "That would be me. Im the head of the disaster relief. Actually, the cheif of the Hazmat department of Blorbs, to be exact. You can set up right here, by our base. This one specificly is the 'Home' base that all personell report back to and come to if they get irradiated out." He finished, but then said quietly in an almost silly tone "If you want you could set up nearer to the power plant, but then you would risk radiation damage to yur bodies."

Suddenly, two men holding up a very ill looking woman covered with blood ran up to the base and hurried into the medical tent. The cheif, in a hurry, said "I better go over there and see whats going on. You go set up shop and talk to me once its done."
- Randall Munroe

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:02 pm

Schutzgeidt wrote:
Blorbs wrote:OOC: I didn't mean to copy your format BTW, I actually didn't realize thats the format you even used untill after I posted it as that is what I very often normally used when formalling conversing nation-to-nation :P

OOC: No problem really, I just thought of this kind of format since this was one of the most commonly used kinds of layouts for "formal letters" ;)

Rapid Telegram Messaging

President Jorgen von Geidt of the Federal Republic of Schutzgeidt is more than glad to attend the dinner party alongside 5 security personnel if it is permitted. We would like to inform you that a fleet of two Airbus A400M aircraft and two C130J Super Hercules aircraft will be sent to your nation. These aircraft will be transporting the radiological emergency response teams and a forensic investigation team. The estimated time of arrival will be in about 3 hours.

Reply to: Schutzgeidt Foreign Office

We thank you for sending your president and we will permit the security personnel coming to the party as the president of Blorbs will have his bodyguard aswell. If it is possible, could the Airbus aircraft land at the BBJ Airport (The airport Congreveopia's airplanes landed) and navigate to the Radiological Aid 'Home' Base?

Regards,
President Kerman
- Randall Munroe

Soviet Socialist Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Soviet Socialist Republic » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:17 pm

Office of the Empress, Arstotzka, Moscow District
20:54 Hours

Empress Mortalno let out a small sigh of satisfaction, her desk was clear, two weeks of backlog and bureaucracy was finally over. Or so she thought. The wheelchair bound woman nearly shot the door to her office when she heard a knock.

"Enter." She said, doing her best to hide her annoyance. The door opened to reveal a man in a black leather coat and peaked cap, the uniform of the KGB. He silently walked towards her desk and placed a manilla envelope upon it. Slowly the Empress picked up the folder, and noticed the stamp. "This was supposed to be delivered two hours ago."

"I apologize, Empress. I found that someone had thrown gum into your mail box, it stuck to the bottom." The KGB agent said, the Empress shook her head and opened the envelope. She glanced over pictures of destruction and reports from her various advisers until she came to the original message. With a small groan she looked over the reports, then back at the message. "Agent, notify General Branko I will need to speak with him."

"Of course, Empress." The agent said with a nod.

"Also, have supply send up a fresh order of paper, I have a feeling we'll need it." The agent nodded again, he began walking to the door. "Oh, and agent?" He paused and stood at attention. "Would you be a dear and bring me a cup of coffee?"

"How would you like it, Empress?"

"One cream, no sugar." The Empress ignored him as he left, instead filling out a form and picking up a rubber stamp. She dabbed it in red ink before bringing it down on the form. It read 'MILITARY ACTION APPROVED'. She then picked up a quill, she preferred quills to pens, and began writing a return letter to the President of Blorbs.

Mister President. It has come to my attention that you are in need of assistance, something we are more than willing to give. Expect our forces within twenty four hours. I assure you that I will personally oversee the investigation into the Terror Aspect of this tragedy. Speak with Agent M. if you have any further questions. Cordially, Empress Revanna Mortalno, SSR.
She filed it under 'SCAN AND MAIL', and within minutes it had been scanned into a database and sent to Blorbs.

Harbor Neo Luna, Soviet-Arstotzkan Imperial Naval Base, Alaska District

21:11 Hours

Alarms blared across the ships of the Soviet Arstotzkan Sixth Fleet, within minutes the ships had cast off their moorings and were already underway towards their destination. Soldiers and sailors on board prepared for their eighth deployment into a hostile environment, and were thankful that this time no one would be shooting at them. Aircraft from the nearby Air Force base began to fill the sky, laden with armored vehicles, soldiers and medical supplies.

Among the men on the ships was General Branko, a stern man who'd been a soldier for nearly forty years. He stood on the bridge of one of the fleet's four aircraft carriers, and next to him stood a man in a black leather jacket and peaked cap. Agent M.

"Your Aunt always seems to find ways to delay my retirement." Branko said, not taking his eyes off the horizon.

"Do not blame me, I'd rather be with my wife than going to the aid of some democracy." The Agent replied. "Orders are orders, though. I have a feeling there is more to this than we are being led to believe."

"SFF?"

"Perhaps." And with that their conversation died, the ships began to rock on the seas, no doubt a precursor to what lay ahead.
National Anthem

"The flesh is weak, only through augmentation can we become strong." - Excerpt from Techno-Union Infantry Handbook.

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:23 pm

TO: Soviet Socalist Republic
ENCRYPTION: None

I am very happy that your nation is sending aid to our nation. We could not be more greatful. Please send any airplanes to the BBJ airport and all materials and personell to the main Radiological aid base. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Blorbs President, Mr. Kerman
- Randall Munroe

Schutzgeidt
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzgeidt » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:29 pm

Rapid Telegram Messaging

We have received your request. The fleet of aircraft will be landing in consecutive formation at BBJ airport. We require information regarding the location of the Radiological Aid 'Home' Base to ensure rapid arrival and deployment of assistance.

Soviet Socialist Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Soviet Socialist Republic » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:48 pm

Air Convoy, Over the Atlantic Ocean, 10 Miles from BBJ AP

13:35 Hours

The Air Convoy had been flying nearly nonstop for the entire night, only short stops in small airstrips to allow the engines to cool. Now, the first flight of supply aircraft had arrived. They were loaded with personnel, including doctors, nurses, and most importantly, security officers, as well as three light ground vehicles that had been outfitted with drag chutes. Each of the people on board wore a Chem suit, though only the Security officers held any weapons. The plan for insertion was simple, and had been practiced many times both in and out of the field. The Aircraft would fly over a small stretch of land with it's cargo ramp lowered and at low altitude, those within the vehicles would roll out of the back and release their drag chutes, then drive off and make room for the next batch of landings.

"Attention, Blorp Tower, by now you've noticed us on your screens. We will begin our supply release in several minutes, then wave off until our flight has completed it's drop. After that we will land. There are four more planes after us. Is the runway clear?"
National Anthem

"The flesh is weak, only through augmentation can we become strong." - Excerpt from Techno-Union Infantry Handbook.

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Blorbs Capital, Meeting Room 9:44 am

Standing up from his chair at the head of the conference table, the president spoke up "As many of you know, the Soviet Socialist Republic has recently begun sending foreign aid to the disaster site." He sat back down and began scratching his head "Now while we both have socialist and slightly even communist political systems, they are kind of weary of us partially because of our Democratic system and many civil rights. In the past with their government I also have had a... lets just say less than 'good' experience with them. I don't really want to talk about that..."

The vice president stood up from the opposite side of the table "So you're saying that they are going to try to attack us once they get there?" His hands were in the air from shock, shaking a little due to fear of this actually happening.

The presidents military advisor began to talk "Well, he does have a point. Blorbs SSR relations are not the highest they could be, and this would be the best time for them to attack when we are vulnerable and diverting funding towards the disaster. I recommend that we sent police officials to the site and make sure that they don't slip up. By the way, the Minister of Defense couldn't make it. He was busy with something"

Agreeing with his advisor, the president said "I have to agree. I'm going to have a few SWAT teams or something sent up there." He pressed a button on a small box with a microphone in it and began to speak into it "Could I please speak with the Minister of Defense? No, what? I didn't say I wanted a coffee? No! No cream cheese! Damn automated intercom. Here, ill just go down to his office. Everyone stay here, ill be back in a jiffy" He stood up and ran down the hall, muttering angrily

Blorbs Capital, Office of Minister of Defence 2:48 pm

Breathing heavily, the president began to talk with the minister "Got a sec?"

"Yeah, charon I got it. Bye, By- I love you!" he hung up his phone and looked at the president "Sorry, that was my wife. What do you want?"

"Well, were worried the SSR radiological aid being sent is a trick, so could you get a swat team or something down at the aid home base?" He finished, beginning to leave the room.

"Sure, but how many people from the SSR are going to be there? I don't want to send too many, but at the same time if they attacked and one that would be a major problem." Said the minister

He sighed "I don't know, probably a few cargo planes worth of soldiers. That is, if they are attacking us."

"Alright, I think 8 SWAT trucks should be sufficient for that. Ill be right on it."
Last edited by Blorbs on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Randall Munroe

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:52 pm

Soviet Socialist Republic wrote:Air Convoy, Over the Atlantic Ocean, 10 Miles from BBJ AP

13:35 Hours

The Air Convoy had been flying nearly nonstop for the entire night, only short stops in small airstrips to allow the engines to cool. Now, the first flight of supply aircraft had arrived. They were loaded with personnel, including doctors, nurses, and most importantly, security officers, as well as three light ground vehicles that had been outfitted with drag chutes. Each of the people on board wore a Chem suit, though only the Security officers held any weapons. The plan for insertion was simple, and had been practiced many times both in and out of the field. The Aircraft would fly over a small stretch of land with it's cargo ramp lowered and at low altitude, those within the vehicles would roll out of the back and release their drag chutes, then drive off and make room for the next batch of landings.

"Attention, Blorp Tower, by now you've noticed us on your screens. We will begin our supply release in several minutes, then wave off until our flight has completed it's drop. After that we will land. There are four more planes after us. Is the runway clear?"

"Roger. You are clear for landing"
Last edited by Blorbs on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Randall Munroe

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:00 pm

BBJ Airport, 1:45 pm

As SSR planes land and cargo drops, many of them see a curious sight. 8 SWAT trucks and several guards walking around. On every landing, they check the airplanes for any weapons or other suspicious cargo.

One of the men from the SSR airplanes confronted a SWAT officer "Why are you here patrolling and checking our planes? Do you think we are trying to attack you?"

The guard spoke up "Oh, uhh, no. Were just, patrolling. Yeah, just patrolling, thats all."

"But you didn't search any other planes and weren't even here until just before we landed. In fact, I saw you guys drive up here when we were approaching the airport!"

Trying to have a reasonable answer, the SWAT guard responded in frustration "Just get to work before I detain you. I said move!"
Last edited by Blorbs on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- Randall Munroe

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:06 pm

Schutzgeidt wrote:
Rapid Telegram Messaging

We have received your request. The fleet of aircraft will be landing in consecutive formation at BBJ airport. We require information regarding the location of the Radiological Aid 'Home' Base to ensure rapid arrival and deployment of assistance.

Here are the co-ordinates

56.83645 44.438576
OOC: These are just random numbers BTW.
- Randall Munroe

Schutzgeidt
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzgeidt » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:30 pm

Hohn Air Base, Schleswig-Holstein, Schutzgeidt

Personnel from the radiological emergency response teams and the forensic investigation team boarded the aircrafts on the tarmac of the air base. Special manned and unmanned vehicles in radiation-proof coating to be used by the radiological investigation teams were loaded onto the the loading ramps on the A400M aircrafts. The coordinates of the airport were loaded into the GPS systems of the aircraft and an instrumental flight route was set for the fleet to take to Blorbs. Just when the loading ramps of the C130Js were about to close, a speeding military vehicle screeched to a halt near the aircrafts and ten soldiers with what looked like automatic assault rifles and pistols for sidearms disembarked from the vehicle. They signalled at the loadmaster to stop closing the ramps. The ten men split into five and both boarded the two C130Js.

"Sorry for running a bit late, we were instructed to escort you good folks while you do your job at the site." said one soldier.
"And why would we need security when our duty is just to provide humanitarian aid?" questioned one of the radiological emergency response team members.
"We are here on orders from above sir. And besides, nothing would hurt with having more security would it?" replied another soldier.

The ramps of the aircraft were finally closed and the formation taxied onto the runway and took off in consecutive order bound for BBJ Airport in Blorbs.
Last edited by Schutzgeidt on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:47 pm

BNN

Blorbs News Network

Possible culprit of the Blorbs Meltdown Found?

Recently scientists have found that the explosives used to cause the Meltdown in Blorbs was a special type of plastic explosive called PE3 used by only a handful of nations including the SSR. While this could mean that the other nations using the explosive are to blame, many speculate it would be the SSR as Blorbs and the SSR are not necessarily considered 'friends'. It is also possible that the real attackers used this explosive in the hopes we would think it was the SSR, but this is highly unlikely as the bomb is unavailable in most nations and illegal in many due to the toxicity of it when exposed to certain metals.
Last edited by Blorbs on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- Randall Munroe

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents