NATION

PASSWORD

The Island Of Change [OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Island Of Change [OOC]

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:34 am

The Island Of Change - OOC

Isla Arreglado. The idyllic South American island, famous for its untamed wilderness and friendly native animals. From the army ant to the tapir, it has it all. Some come for the wildlife, others for the money. The island is notorious for its drug trade and its lack of restrictions on hunting. Its jungles hold true lawlessness. Poachers and drug farmers rule, it is every man for himself.
But there is one man who threatens to change everything. Pedro Ramos. The charismatic, moralistic president who funded the building of Santa Rosa, the capital of Isla Arreglado. But there are rumours, rumours of his true motives, rumours of his involvement in the drug trade, rumours of a massive uranium source in the jungle. He has already shown signs of his true motive, turning schools into military academies, arming the police and disarming the populace. He is slowly tightening his iron grip and is preparing to strike.

You can play as an agent from another country sent to kill Pedro Ramos and destabilise his government or as an inhabitant of the Island who vowed vengeance when Ramos wronged them. You can even lead a rebelling faction. I'm open to other character roles so feel free to make suggestions. You will only be allowed to have one character but that may change. I will RP as Pedro Ramos and other NPCs.

Now we've reached the truly fun part, rules!

Rules, please read:
  1. I am OP, and for all intents and purposes your god. Thou shalt not disobey!
  2. I can elect Sub-Ops on a whim, please don't ask to be one.
  3. Keep swearing to a minimum, especially in the OOC thread. It isn't needed.
  4. Keep it PG-13, this is a simple forum rule, don't break it.
  5. Interact! We (well I, you don't have a say :P) don't want a lot of different plots, make friends or enemies of your fellow RPers characters.
  6. 3 strikes and you are out, keep this in mind.
  7. Try and keep it realistic, no godmodding! Your characters are people too!
  8. Railroading is iffy here but don't ruin other people's time! But to an extent, yes you can affect other character's plans.
  9. Only post if your app has been accepted.
  10. No one liners! Post a minimum of 5 lines, dialogue posts are exempt though. Please try to make them as big as possible though.
    Keep an eye on these please, more will be added.

App:
Code: Select all
Character Name:
Short Bio: (Nothing massive, 4 lines minimum)
Skills: (Anything from bomb-making to animal taming, everything is useful in the jungle.)
Equipment:
Target: (Optional. What does your character hope to achieve?)

IC Thread
Last edited by The Lendol Archipelago on Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:39 am

Bump
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Salzahr
Attaché

Founded: Dec 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salzahr » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:12 am

Character Name: Rafael "Che" Nàkòz
Nationality: Arregladan
Short Bio: Che was born in a small Arregladan village in the jungle, where Ramos's regime's affects were strongly felt among the populace. His people were repeatedly abused and neglected, driving him, Rodriquez, and 14 other men armed with stolen AKMs in a failed attempt to overthrow the local governor. Six of his men were killed and Che himself was wounded in the clash, causing the remaining eight militiamen, Rodriquez, and Che to flee into the jungle. They soon started recruiting dozens of other men and creating their own homemade AKMs. They were cheap and easy to produce, though less effective and reliable then the government's rifles. The militia eventually reached 73 men and started to ambush Ramos's forces when they found them, beginning their own tiny guerrilla war.
Skills: He's charismatic and a natural leader, also somewhat skilled at making bombs that go boom. His friend Rodriquez Gaves recently started making their militia it's own AKMs, known as Gaveses.
Equipment: AKM(not Gavez, actual AKM), M9 pistol, grenade, a tent, knife, and
Target: Ramos and his cronies.
Last edited by Salzahr on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Council Communism, Gay Rights, Religion, Gender Equality, Matter
Apathetic: Atheism, US Electoral System, Dark Matter
Anti: Antimatter, "Otherkin", Tucutes, Radical Feminism, Tumblr

Oriental Orthodox

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:17 am

Salzahr wrote:Character Name: Che Nàkòz
Short Bio: Che was born in a small Arregladan village in the jungle, where Ramos's regime's affects were strongly felt among the populace. His people were repeatedly abused and neglected, driving him, Rodriquez, and 14 other men armed with stolen AKMs in a failed attempt to overthrow the local governor. Six of his men were killed and Che himself was wounded in the clash, causing the remaining eight militiamen, Rodriquez, and Che to flee into the jungle. They soon started recruiting dozens of other men and creating their own homemade AKMs. They were cheap and easy to produce, though less effective and reliable then the government's rifles. The militia eventually reached 73 men and started to ambush Ramos's forces when they found them, beginning their own tiny guerrilla war.
Skills: He's charismatic and a natural leader, also somewhat skilled at making bombs that go boom. His friend Rodriquez Gaves recently started making their militia it's own AKMs, known as Gaveses.

Accepted.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Salzahr
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Salzahr » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:18 am

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:
Salzahr wrote:Character Name: Rafael "Che" Nàkòz

Accepted.

Yay! :)
Last edited by Salzahr on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oriental Orthodox

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:20 am

Salzahr wrote:
The Lendol Archipelago wrote:Accepted.

Yay! :)

I'll change the OP so others follow in your faction making footsteps. Wish I'd thought of that...
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Salzahr
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Salzahr » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:24 am

Salzahr wrote:Yay! :)

I'll change the OP so others follow in your faction making footsteps. Wish I'd thought of that...

I'll post on the IC when I'm not about to pass out >.<
Night

Oriental Orthodox

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:24 am

Salzahr wrote:
The Lendol Archipelago wrote:I'll change the OP so others follow in your faction making footsteps. Wish I'd thought of that...

I'll post on the IC when I'm not about to pass out >.<
Night

Alright, good night.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

App

Postby Tayner » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:41 am

Character Name: Jhonathan Parker
Nationality: America
Jonathan, know to his friends as Gunny, was an ex Navy Seal who was working as a armed gaurd on a transport ship when it hit the coral reef near by. When he took a life boat, some survivors, and some food guns and ammo he landed on the island. Him and six people built a camp inside of a cave. When bandits attacked only Jhonathan and his friend Christopher survived. He now works as a mercenary to whoever pays best.
Skills: (Anything from bomb-making to animal taming, everything is useful in the jungle.)
He's quick to jump into combat and can make split second decisions quickly. He has deadly precision with rifles and because he's an ex Navy Seal he can withstand some time in water. Although he has does have a small limp from his Seal days.
Equipment: M4A1 assault rifle, M1911 Colt 45 pistol, Bowie knife, survival kit, ballistic vest, and a wallet with about $120 USD.
His target is who he's paid to target. Once he has enough money for a wile he'll head back to the states. Unless he likes the island.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Salzahr
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Salzahr » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:53 am

Tayner wrote:Character Name: Jhonathan Parker
Jonathan, know to his friends as Gunny, was an ex Navy Seal who was working as a armed gaurd on a transport ship when it hit the coral reef near by. When he took a life boat, some survivors, and some food guns and ammo he landed on the island. Him and six people built a camp inside of a cave. When bandits attacked only Jhonathan and his friend Christopher survived. He now works as a mercenary to whoever pays best.
He's quick to jump into combat and can make split second decisions quickly. He has deadly precision with rifles and because he's an ex Navy Seal he can withstand some time in water. Although he has does have a small limp from his Seal days.
Equipment: M4A1 assault rifle, M1911 Colt 45 pistol, Bowie knife, survival kit, ballistic vest, and a wallet with about $120 USD.
His target is who he's paid to target. Once he has enough money for a wile he'll head back to the states. Unless he likes the island.

How the fuck does a standard civilian have military weaponry? My guy actually raided a compound, so there's my reasoning.

Also fuck you sleep.

Oriental Orthodox

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:53 am

Accepted.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:56 am

Accepted.

Woo
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:00 am

Salzahr wrote:

How the fuck does a standard civilian have military weaponry? My guy actually raided a compound, so there's my reasoning.

Also fuck you sleep.

Explanation, the transport ship was transporting milatary equipment, and the part where it says his group grabbed guns and ammo, well, that's where he got it from.

Salzahr
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Salzahr » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:02 am

Tayner wrote:
Salzahr wrote:How the fuck does a standard civilian have military weaponry? My guy actually raided a compound, so there's my reasoning.

Also fuck you sleep.

Explanation, the transport ship was transporting milatary equipment, and the part where it says his group grabbed guns and ammo, well, that's where he got it from.

So he stole weaponry from the US military?
Hey, ever think about joining Che's militia? Totally 100% not because we want your advanced weaponry, after all.

Oriental Orthodox

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:03 am

Tayner wrote:
Salzahr wrote:How the fuck does a standard civilian have military weaponry? My guy actually raided a compound, so there's my reasoning.

Also fuck you sleep.

Alright. Makes sense, but now he might be wanted for stealing :p . Were the guns for Ramos?
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Salzahr
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Salzahr » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:04 am

Tayner wrote:

Alright. Makes sense, but now he might be wanted for stealing :p . Were the guns for Ramos?

Not just grand theft, but also desertion and treason. He goes back to America and he's six feet under.

Oriental Orthodox

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:06 am

Salzahr wrote:
The Lendol Archipelago wrote:Alright. Makes sense, but now he might be wanted for stealing :p . Were the guns for Ramos?

Not just grand theft, but also desertion and treason. He goes back to America and he's six feet under.

It seems like he won't be going back to the States after all.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:07 am

Salzahr wrote:
Tayner wrote:

So he stole weaponry from the US military?
Hey, ever think about joining Che's militia? Totally 100% not because we want your advanced weaponry, after all.

No no no, I salvaged the weapons, because the ship was sinking. I think it will make sense if they put me in court. Better in my hands than on the botom of the sea, right?

And how much does this job pay?

Salzahr
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Salzahr » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:08 am

Tayner wrote:
Salzahr wrote:So he stole weaponry from the US military?

No no no, I salvaged the weapons, because the ship was sinking. I think it will make sense if they put me in court. Better in my hands than on the botom of the sea, right?

No, it's still grand theft, desertion, and treason. You can't just take US gear and head off on your own.

Oriental Orthodox

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:11 am

Salzahr wrote:
Tayner wrote:No no no, I salvaged the weapons, because the ship was sinking. I think it will make sense if they put me in court. Better in my hands than on the botom of the sea, right?

No, it's still grand theft, desertion, and treason. You can't just take US gear and head off on your own.

Do you not know that the ship was sinking, in hostile waters? If I stuck around is be at the bottom of the sea with the guns. And it can't be treason or desertion, because I'm a PMC, not a soldier.

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:22 am

Tayner wrote:
Salzahr wrote:No, it's still grand theft, desertion, and treason. You can't just take US gear and head off on your own.

Do you not know that the ship was sinking, in hostile waters? If I stuck around is be at the bottom of the sea with the guns. And it can't be treason or desertion, because I'm a PMC, not a soldier.

Isla Arreglado isn't officially hostile yet. So far Ramos hasn't done much wrong other than oppressing his citizens but no one on the outside would know about that.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:26 am

Tayner wrote:Do you not know that the ship was sinking, in hostile waters? If I stuck around is be at the bottom of the sea with the guns. And it can't be treason or desertion, because I'm a PMC, not a soldier.

Isla Arreglado isn't officially hostile yet. So far Ramos hasn't done much wrong other than oppressing his citizens but no one on the outside would know about that.

Who said anything about Arreglado? There are always pirates about, and we were on heightened alert.

Salzahr
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Salzahr » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:32 am

Tayner wrote:
Salzahr wrote:No, it's still grand theft, desertion, and treason. You can't just take US gear and head off on your own.

You can't be a fucking Seal without being a soldier. Pick one. If you're PMC, you have no military gear. And pirates aren't a damn problem in the Caribbean anymore.

Oriental Orthodox

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:35 am

Salzahr wrote:
Tayner wrote:Do you not know that the ship was sinking, in hostile waters? If I stuck around is be at the bottom of the sea with the guns. And it can't be treason or desertion, because I'm a PMC, not a soldier.

You can't be a fucking Seal without being a soldier. Pick one. If you're PMC, you have no military gear. And pirates aren't a damn problem in the Caribbean anymore.

Calm down, it says he's an EX seal. The Maersk shipping line only hires ex navy seals fore security crews. And about the pirate thing.... Well that's some top secret shit for the future.

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:36 am

Tayner wrote:
Salzahr wrote:You can't be a fucking Seal without being a soldier. Pick one. If you're PMC, you have no military gear. And pirates aren't a damn problem in the Caribbean anymore.

Calm down, it says he's an EX seal. The Maersk shipping line only hires ex navy seals fore security crews. And about the pirate thing.... Well that's some top secret shit for the future.

Pirates could easily operate out of Arreglado. For now at least.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse