NATION

PASSWORD

Simsonville University (Open OOC/sign-up)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Simsonville University (Open OOC/sign-up)

Postby Harbertia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:40 pm

IC LINK
SIMSONVILLE UNIVERSITY
Horror, Mystery, Science, Love, Despair
Secrets are told

Simsonville University is an Gothic styled university located outside Simsonville, which grew in population as a university arose from the ruins that had remained undisturbed outside of town since it's founding. The move had caused quite a stir in the 30s, but the prosperity brought by it gradually silenced any residual disdain. Since it's establishment SU has experienced twelve on campus tragedies, twenty disappearances, and five structural reconstructions. Most of these events receive minor coverage before vanishing from the media, but remain in the minds of all who attend.

Your a new student, first semester. Your most likely from Simsonville, though students from many parts of the world are known to attend. Some, not of the world at all. Students are encouraged to respect the privacy of their peers, but the rumor mill will mill for as long as the stream of words flow from the student body.

Student Registry
Code: Select all
[b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (18 minimum)
[b]Major:[/b] (Undeclared, Art, Biology, Drama, Economics, History, Literature, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science,  or Psychology)

[b]Background:[/b]

==10101==

Staff Regestry
Code: Select all
[b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (21 minimum)
[b]Occupation[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

=01010=

(the numbers are present for easy location of applications)

==Species==
  • Alien - Your people are not of the Earth, but came from far away. A vast extraterrestrial dominion of order to the totalitarian degree. Your ancestors likely came to Earth as a way to escape such oppression, or perhaps you where the result of an abduction, where upon a member of the native species was seeded with alien DNA. The purest of your kin are near perfect beings by norm standards. Due to Eugenics practiced by the Dominion traits such as sloppiness, and shyness are not found in the pure population. However, many families have been on Earth long enough for their gene pool to be tainted, in a sense, making them more human. As a member of an extraterrestrial race you have mind reading powers, mind controlling powers, and telekinesis. All of which you are expected to use responsibility....
  • Fae Touched - You are like a Norm, but have been born with the ability to practice magic. A skill that comes naturally to you. The Fae Touched are known by many names, from Warlock, to Wizard, and Witch. Their is good magic, and there is foul magic... which do you practice?
  • Human (Norm) - Humans are the most common species in the world.
  • Plantoid - During the early fifties a brand of pesticide was developed by Landgraab Industries. It was the stuff of wonders, however things started happening to those exposed to it. Most often those who where fond of gardening. They started to change, and develop into strange plant-human hybrids. This being in the fifties sparked panic, and lead to many of those afflicted fleeing into the forests, and eventually becoming key members of the environmental movements that shook the world from the sixties, on into the seventies. Plantoids don't have a need to eat as they photosynthesize, though they are still capable of doing so. They don't have hair, but instead have leaves, and grass like extensions. Most have green skin, though some have a more human skin tone. They reproduce in one of two ways; asexually, where upon they shake their heads releasing spores which will grow into a copy of themselves, or by the more traditional norm method, which doesn't produce another Plantoid (even if both are Plantoids). Most Plantoids have a reluctance, or fear surrounding reproduction in the norm's fashion.
  • Werewolf -Werewolves are a race able to live slightly longer then a norm (150 is the average lifespan). Unlike some of the other races, Lycanthropy is strongly present in an individuals genes. Almost all couples involving a werewolf will produce a werewolf offspring. Werewolves are near animal in behavior, and prone to canine actions. They shed from time to time, and are easily angered. A werewolf will transform into their hybrid state if highly stressed, and usually attack the source of their stress. Most are in some level of control even in these cases they rarely will they kill a friend, and can easily return to normal once they've expressed their frustration. Save if the change is feral. A feral transformation happens under the full moon, and under severe strain (from massive injury to being gang up on, and publicly humiliated). During a Feral change the individual will be unable to take on a human form for 12 hours time, and will attack almost anything. These Feral changes are what the public most fears. As a Werewolf you gain heightened hearing (dog whistles will effect you), regeneration, and sent.
  • Vampire - Vampires are a long lived race capable of living two centuries. You where either born this way (a rare occurrence even if both parents are Vampires), or became this way though granting of the gift. Perhaps you where a norm born in a lineage of Vampires, and when asked by your parents what path you'd like to take, you accepted the ways of the Vampire. What ever conditions surround your Vampirism you are empowered by the night. At night you can read emotions, tune in on the thermal warmth of another entity, and even hypnotize. These powers however are void in the day, as the light of the sun robs you of your powers, save the taking on of a bat's form, and a craving for blood. More specifically, plasma. You don't have to eat as others do, as all you need to survive is plasma. Most Vampires take to a night life which involves the finding of human 'prey', and reaping of their blood. However, a few have a 'vegetarian' sensibility to them, and thus rely on special ordered plasma supplies. There are a few companies that cater to your kind, and are even active in the promotion of acceptance. Though it's likely that most will still be disturbed, which is why very few individuals, usually celebrities or 'hippie vampires' are open about their 'condition'.
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:22 am, edited 6 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Staff

Professors
  • New Abrahammia Marklar Abraham (Professor of Philosophy) - Previously teaching inner city in California with a reputable record, Simonville has welcomed his service.
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Students

Students
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:58 pm

Full Name:

Bryan Bentley

Species:

Human

Male

Major:

Philosophy

Background:

Bryan is the second of three children and was born in Seattle. Ever since he was a child he had a vested interest in how the world works and the systems involved from which his interest of Philosophy stemmed from. He has also been fascinated with studying alien life and originally wanted to pursue Biology but didn't get the required credits. He tends to act quite lazy at times and lacks any solid ambition in life, much to the disdain of his family, as his older brother has launched a successful career in engineering.

==10101==
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:03 pm

Majors: Undeclared, Art, Biology, Drama, Economics, History, Literature, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, and Psychology.
Tomorrow is made today.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:10 pm

Economics it is.

New Abrahammia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Abrahammia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:23 pm

Full Name: Marklar Abraham
Species: Alien
[b]Age:
Occupation professor (philosophy)

Background: Marklar Abraham was a proud alien in a distant planet. He was at his graduation ceremony a few ago when he began thinking, "what am I going to do as a professor?" The aliens don't have many schools, as they were already very intelligent creatures, at least that's the reason the dictator gave. Marklar, who felt out of options, Marklar traveled to earth to seek better job opprutunities. Normally, his ancestors were the ones doing that, but Marklar wasn't lucky enough to be born in Earth. To avoid being mocked for being an alien, Marklar moved to a part of earth where there was plenty of aliens: California. After spending some time in California, getting mugged from time to time and seeing the behavior of the inner city students he taught, Marklar realized that he hated Earth. Marklar then had a new plan: raise support against Earth. Marklar moved to Simonville to teach at Simonville University, where he would open their minds of Eath's flaws.

=01010=
Last edited by New Abrahammia on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:32 pm

New Abrahammia wrote:Full Name: Marklar Abraham
[b]Age:

Background: Marklar Abraham was a proud alien in a distant planet. He was at his graduation ceremony a few ago when he began thinking, "what am I going to do as a professor?" The aliens don't have many schools, as they were already very intelligent creatures, at least that's the reason the dictator gave. Marklar, who felt out of options, Marklar traveled to earth to seek better job opprutunities. Normally, his ancestors were the ones doing that, but Marklar wasn't lucky enough to be born in Earth. To avoid being mocked for being an alien, Marklar moved to a part of earth where there was plenty of aliens: California. After spending some time in California, getting mugged from time to time and seeing the behavior of the inner city students he taught, Marklar realized that he hated Earth. Marklar then had a new plan: raise support against Earth. Marklar moved to Simonville to teach at Simonville University, where he would open their minds of Eath's flaws.

=01010=

hmhmh I like it.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Abrahammia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abrahammia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:50 pm

Harbertia wrote:
New Abrahammia wrote:Full Name: Marklar Abraham
[b]Age:

=01010=

hmhmh I like it.

So it is accepted?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:54 pm

New Abrahammia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:
hmhmh I like it.

So it is accepted?

Marklar is accepted.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Abrahammia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abrahammia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:55 pm

Harbertia wrote:
New Abrahammia wrote:So it is accepted?

Marklar is accepted.

Cool. I hope someone takes my class.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:58 pm

Tag.
Signatures are so 2014.

New Abrahammia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abrahammia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:04 am

When I mind read, mind control, or use telekinesis, do people know I'm doing those things?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:09 am

New Abrahammia wrote:When I mind read, mind control, or use telekinesis, do people know I'm doing those things?

Mind Reading they would not, and most acts of telekinesis can be preformed discretely. Though the act of mind control may be harder to hid. Those under your influence will not at first realize they are under your control, and it'd only be after the effect ends that they might consider. Though they may brush the suspicion off unless other individuals influence them to realize whose been engineering their actions.
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Abrahammia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abrahammia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:16 am

Harbertia wrote:
New Abrahammia wrote:When I mind read, mind control, or use telekinesis, do people know I'm doing those things?

Mind Reading they would not, and most acts of telekinesis can be preformed discretely. Though the act of mind control may be harder to hid. Those under your influence will not at first realize they are under your control, and it'd only be after the effect ends that they might consider. Though they may brush the suspicion off unless other individuals influence them to realize whose been engineering their actions.

So it would be a bad idea to mind control the dean into giving me a raise?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:20 am

New Abrahammia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:

So it would be a bad idea to mind control the dean into giving me a raise?

hmhm It's a devious act, but something amusing none the less. I can't say if it's a bad idea or not. You might get your raise, though if the dean continues to wonder why he offer the raise, he might get suspicious. Such is the risk, though one'd still get the raise in such a situation.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Abrahammia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abrahammia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:23 am

Harbertia wrote:
New Abrahammia wrote:So it would be a bad idea to mind control the dean into giving me a raise?

hmhm It's a devious act, but something amusing none the less. I can't say if it's a bad idea or not. You might get your raise, though if the dean continues to wonder why he offer the raise, he might get suspicious. Such is the risk, though one'd still get the raise in such a situation.

That will be one of the first things I do. I'll need the money for other devious acts that I'm considering.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:26 am

New Abrahammia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:hmhm It's a devious act, but something amusing none the less. I can't say if it's a bad idea or not. You might get your raise, though if the dean continues to wonder why he offer the raise, he might get suspicious. Such is the risk, though one'd still get the raise in such a situation.

That will be one of the first things I do. I'll need the money for other devious acts that I'm considering.

I'm pleased to have you involved in this RP, and look forward to reviewing these acts upon which you speak. :twisted: mhmhm
Tomorrow is made today.

New Abrahammia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abrahammia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:29 am

Harbertia wrote:
New Abrahammia wrote:That will be one of the first things I do. I'll need the money for other devious acts that I'm considering.

I'm pleased to have you involved in this RP, and look forward to reviewing these acts upon which you speak. :twisted: mhmhm

What will you do?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:37 am

New Abrahammia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I'm pleased to have you involved in this RP, and look forward to reviewing these acts upon which you speak. :twisted: mhmhm

What will you do?

For the most part, I shall be head of the university when times call for me to fill that role, and may take part in the RP as a student. My chief role shall be to introduce, from time to time, baits to entice certain events. If a dispute arises, or ruling is called for, I shall act as judge, and referee. Most activity will be character driven. I must however ensure that the OP post is up to date on details concerning students, and teachers (anything that would be known to the campus public). I must also keep track of the were abouts of the characters, so as to keep everyone informed thus creating a large picture. I don't want a situation where something vital, like a fight is happening in the location that characters not involved in the fight just ignore. Essentially my place shall be to judge, and inform.
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Abrahammia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abrahammia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:51 am

Harbertia wrote:
New Abrahammia wrote:What will you do?

For the most part, I shall be head of the university when times call for me to fill that role, and may take part in the RP as a student. My chief role shall be to introduce, from time to time, baits to entice certain events. If a dispute arises, or ruling is called for, I shall act as judge, and referee. Most activity will be character driven. I must however ensure that the OP post is up to date on details concerning students, and teachers (anything that would be known to the campus public). I must also keep track of the were abouts of the characters, so as to keep everyone informed thus creating a large picture. I don't want a situation where something vital, like a fight is happening in the location that characters not involved in the fight just ignore. Essentially my place shall be to judge, and inform.

Cool. I learned.

New Abrahammia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abrahammia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:57 pm

Can I use my telepathic powers on other aliens or just everyone else?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:11 pm

New Abrahammia wrote:Can I use my telepathic powers on other aliens or just everyone else?

We'll assume that of your powers 'Mind Control' can only effect other species, and thus will not work on a fellow alien (other aliens may have an innate resistance making it difficult to control them).
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:14 pm

Once we get a completed student application in I'll launch the IC.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Abrahammia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abrahammia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:21 pm

Harbertia wrote:Once we get a completed student application in I'll launch the IC.

I'm crossing my fingers that Jariri finishes his app.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse