NATION

PASSWORD

Hello, player looking for region here!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Zylor
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Hello, player looking for region here!

Postby Zylor » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Hello everyone, I an Zylor, a not so experienced in this game player from the Old Continent. I came about looking for a region but I thought to come here and see if someone has something to offer and how well can he "sell" it :p

First I want to say that I'm a student in political science, this is how I landed here in this game.

Now, I'm looking for an active region with a democratic system and regional government, political parties etc. Waiting for offers :)
Erebus
The dark empire of NationStates

Kingston-Atlantis
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingston-Atlantis » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:00 am

Hey, and welcome to Nationstates! That's exactly how I felt when I came here a year ago... so I understand.

So... you're looking for a region? Well, I'd suggest Eos (which is my region). Eos... is a region that values experience and knowledge, but also welcomes newcomers and beginners.

We have a very active cabinet. As you can see on our World Factbook Entry, I'm part of the Government! But do realise that I managed to get into the Government just 1 month after I arrived. This means that we judge nations based on aptitude, not seniority.

We also have an ongoing RMB Roleplay system. Currently, it looks quite bare, but that's mainly because almost everyone's at thanksgiving. Sorry.

Many regions like to look down on smaller nations. We don't. Because all of us were small nations at one point of time.

Come to Eos. I know you may feel skeptical, after all... I am in charge of Public Relations for Eos... but trust me. 1 year ago, I made that decision to move there. I never regretted it.
THE HOLY EMPIRE OF KINGSTON-ATLANTIS
Lattinus Viae de Virtue: Pioneers of Moral Excellence
Proud Member of Otoris
Singaporean, Male.
Overview

Goddess Relief Office
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Goddess Relief Office » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:29 am

Zylor wrote:Now, I'm looking for an active region with a democratic system and regional government, political parties etc. Waiting for offers :)

It would be easier if you state whether you are looking for a large or small or midsized region.
Keeper of The World Tree - Yggdrasil
General Assembly:
GA#053 - Epidemic Response Act
GA#163 - Repeal LOTS
GA#223 - Transboundary Water Use Act

Security Council:
SC#030 - Commend 10000 Islands (co-author)
SC#044 - Commend Texas (co-author)
SC#066 - Repeal "Liberate Wonderful Paradise"
SC#108 - Liberate South Pacific
SC#135 - Liberate Anarchy (co-author)
SC#139 - Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"

Former delegate and retired defender
Nice links for easy reference:
Passed WA Resolutions | GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | GA Rules

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:17 am

look here - big letters mean it's the best choice!

Now - In the grand scheme of things we are fairly large but for their to be a decent democratic process you do need a few candidates. If the region is small everyone will get the position they so desire yet lack the power as a collective to achieve anything of value. The Association of Imperialism is 160 large and has a fair and large democratic government. Three Overseer positions (Internal Affairs, Foreign Affairs and Citizens) with each overseer being able to appoint two secretaries. You then have the single Tribunal member who is democratically elected and represents us in The Purified Commonwealth. In the Tribunal whomever is elected with the most votes by those within the tribunal becomes Chancellor of our region. We also have a High overseer that directs the government. Finally we have a Lord Regent/WA Delegate who is elected. All positions are voted every 2 months aside from the Lord Regent who is elected every 6 months.

There are two other positions reserved for the founders - Prophet and Imperial General; These are not elected sadly
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Riotopia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riotopia » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:53 am

I suggest Association of Imperialism, being here myself I can say it is good. Even after a crysis they remained on their own plans, although it varied a little it wasn't a huge change. Good place to call home, and not going to say more since I've already self advertised.

Return to Gameplay