NATION

PASSWORD

Spectrum (Magical RP, OOC & Sign-ups) OPEN

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Spectrum (Magical RP, OOC & Sign-ups) OPEN

Postby Aona » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:57 pm

IC

Welcome to Keene. Nothing much happens here.

The shores of the Great Lake Huron ripple against the cliffs. The roads stretch through the small streets of cafes, insurance companies, and the town's only grocer, Aura Mart. Duplexes combine small businesses and homes together. The high school, Keene High, rests comfortably between buildings. The town feels sleepy, complacent. Quiet. The citizens of Keene lazily roll by day after day, all content with their monotonous lives. Sure, it isn't exciting, but it is reliable, and comfortable. Sunlight and moonlight blend into each other, combined by the common overcast of rainy days. Another summer has come to an end, and Keene is just as it was before. Quiet, safe, and unchanging.

After all, in a small town like this, what could happen?

Welcome, one and all, to Spectrum, a roleplay about regular students, who gain extraordinary powers. It's freshman year in a small town off of the Northern Tip of Michigan, and our heroes have been placed into the mandatory Newspaper Club, with....varying levels of enthusiasm. This RP is focused on a tale of coming-of-age, acceptance, evolution, and trust.

The powers the team receives, after some time, will be based around a certain color, which will change the color of their eyes, amongst other things. These powers are fundamentally the same, and will be elaborated on later. For now though, simply choose your color and enjoy.

When you create your character, I highly recommend creating a character with a fully fleshed-out storyline, complete with a character evolution, a distinctive personality, and other such luxuries. For the most part, the story will focus on one or two characters at one time, and is very focused on character interactions and relationships.

With that Said, the Rules:
- No Godmodding, Metagaming, etc.
- Follow my Word, and any Co-OP's word.
- Keep posts to a quality, please. One liners are not allowed.
- If I ask for the OOC chat to tone down, please tone it down.
- If you can't post for a few days, tell me.
- Get along with each other.

Note on the Powers:
The powers in this RP are, as easily possibly explained, similar to Green Lantern's powers. They can fly, leaving behind a trail of their color's light, can attack with their fists and feet being powered by the color, and occasionally shoot projectiles. More on this later.

The App Process:
Code: Select all
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Current Life Situation:
Color:
Limit Break:
RP Example:

Name: Obvious
Appearance: A picture is preferred, but not necessary.
Personality: Please have them be diverse, and interesting! Nobody likes a boring character, or one that can do it all ;)
Current Life Situation: What is their life like now? Who do they live with, what do they do, etc?
Color: What color will their powers be/Eyes be?
Limit Break: This is an important feature. Essentially, if you were to have your characters turn into their color/their personality's ultimate Godmod-y Holographic giant armor-monster, what would it be? TG me on this if this seems confusing.
RP Example: yep

Name: Leigh Brodie
Appearance:

Personality: Leigh is mature, reserved, and not one to form strong opinions. He sees his current life as "wasted years", and just wishes to get through his teenage years as quickly as possible. He loves to read, and hates being called a child, and tends to be the most responsible/least childish one in any group. He is, however, a genuinely kind person, and once he figures out his feelings towards life, he could prove to be an incredibly wise person.
Current Life Situation: Currently lives with his older brother, who is usually absent, in a small duplex, after their parents abandoned them. Due to his brother's disappearances, Leigh manages the household day-to-day, which takes up most of his time.
Color: Red
Limit Break: Blazing Comet-- A speeding, spiraling mass of energy, that can strike with an unbelievable force.
RP Example: Nope
Last edited by Aona on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:^)

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:57 pm

reserved

Vesperis
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:15 am

taggero
Hi I'm Ves and I'm always a slut for Aona roleplays

✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

Female
I live in a hovel in P2TM and I don't leave
I RP girls because no one else will
Pacific Standard Time UTC - 8
Have an RP you think I'd like? TG me

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:15 am

Reserving blue for now.
Signatures are so 2014.

Complectuss
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Complectuss » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:52 am

Name: Anora LeEllen Tandav
Appearance: She's so cool
Personality: Anora is really a 'don't sweat the big stuff' type of girl who doesn't really care about situations that don't apply to her. She's pretty nice, with some friendly teasing, towards people she knows, though. She's a great dancer, favoring R&B and hip hop the most. Also into parkour a bit. She prides herself on her talent and occasionally on her looks, but isn't a fashion-type. The rest will be figured out through IC.
Current Life Situation: Lives in one of the duplexs combining residence with business. Her family owns a bait and tackle store in the other half of the building while living in the first. She, recently kicked out of a private school for vandalism and slandering their religious practices, now is about to attend Keene High for the first time. She went to Keene Middle, but her parents had wanted her to have a better opportunity. They try to encourage her to pursue a common and boring occupation like taking over the family store rather than pursue dance. She has one little brother who is seven. She also has a pet wallaby her grandmother brought from Australia when she moved back home, as she was no longer to take care of herself. When her grandma died, her family was able to keep the wallaby. His name is Roo.
Color: Gold
Limit Break: Light; a hyper beam of concentrated solar energy; equivalent of throwing a normal person into the sun
RP Example: aha ahaha hahahHAhahHAhahahahahaH
Last edited by Complectuss on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Why would you ever want to be straight tbh

much like Vesperis, I am also a slut for aona rps
sometimes I help make them
usually they are about angsty teens

Don't vote for trump pls I don't like tyranny

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:35 am

Just gonna reserve silver for my second place personality
I'm a Tired Old Man with Liberal Ideas and a Raging Jew Fro

Plus I Know Aona's Real Name, HMU

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:24 am

bumper sticker

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:09 am

How fast-paced is this going to be? I find the concept very interesting, but am a bit low on free time.

Additionally, what colors, exactly, are available?
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:33 am

(Deleted)
Last edited by Togeria on Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Zatak
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:31 pm

Name: Alexander Kemriov

Appearance: Since everyone is doing anime then i should as well

Personality: Alexander is a very down to earth person to say the least he is one of those people who needs a realistic explanation for everything believing that there is nothing that can not be explained. The only real other thing about him is that he can be described as a gentleman as he tries to be nice to everyone around him while also being serious and fun although this can be merely described as his desire to do good and prove himself to others around him though he can act childish he can easily be just as serious if the situation arises.

You never ask Alexander about his life in Russia which personally effected him in a terrible way but if you do he will ignore the questions and move on or at the most get severely upset or angered but even though he seems positive the boy is not all that pure as he tends to see violence as a perfect way of solving problem and maybe the face he is a smoker does not help but other then that he is also very sensitive about certain subjects and only aims to have friends for once but finds this hard as he knows nothing about the culture, people or how to fully speak English....

Current Life Situation: Alexander was born in Moscow, Russia and spent most of his early childhood in the great Russian federation of course his life was not that great as he lived alone with his mother who in turn could of cared less for the boy. The small family was dirt poor and whatever money they had went to Alexanders mother going out and getting drunk leaving the boy in a very bad situation in which he was left with little both material and food wise. This young boy soon learned how the world worked as he spent his days walking around Moscow alone almost in tears as he saw both the good and bad around him yet he also knew that to survive he needed to see the good which for him was hard.

The boy did not have a education and spent his life up to age 13 basically on his own with his mother leaving him alone to go off with some man leaving the boy to try and fend for himself at which he got a job at a local store getting paid barely enough to get by starting at age 6 as a simple stocker and continuing till he left but most of his days were spent just wandering around Moscow where he was educated by merely observing the world around him and trying to at least get something luckily he was friends with a local newspaper salesmen so he often got his knowledge for just reading that or something.

a year before the start of this Alexander got in contact with his uncle who heard the boy out and asked him to come to America with him in hopes of giving this boy something to live for in this world and in the moment the young boy agreed to come to America and so he did where he moved in with his uncle in a small town off of the Northern Tip of Michigan where he aimed to start a new life away from his old of course at the start and even now it is hard for the boy to do much as he can barely speak English and is again very uneducated but his uncle enrolled him into a school and pushed him to follow his love of news by joining a newspaper club the school did.

Alexander looks up to his uncle who took him in knowing that his sister could not help the boy and hearing of the boys troubles he broke and in the moment asked him but he didn't mind as it gave him some company and the chance to help out a boy who was had nothing but a simple pocket watch and the clothes on his back but this was the first step for the boy and he hoped he could do better while trying to stop all the wrong he grew up seeing and felling.

Color: Black

Limit Break: The shadows are a dangerous thing for a person to fight but if they do they can expect the powers of death to grip they're necks and merely laugh.....

Basically a black mist of death :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

RP Example: Yay for drinking tea!
Last edited by Zatak on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
want a embassy in zatak just click the link below
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=276378

Contact the Zatakian Government at: zatagovtele@hotmail.com

Follow the Zatakian Government On twitter!!!: https://twitter.com/ZatakGovernment

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:32 pm

Whoo, back from Thanksgiving hosting. That's fun.

Fvaarniimar wrote:How fast-paced is this going to be? I find the concept very interesting, but am a bit low on free time.

Essentially every color. If, say, somebody took blue, you could still take cyan.

Name: Joan Withers

Declined.

Possibly, let me get back to you :)

Accepted~
Last edited by Aona on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:33 pm

Hmm.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:37 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Hmm.

So
Yes?

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Thanks! Seriously, though, I really do need to know about pacing. I can post on a new RP once every few days, occasionally more or less frequently, at this point. This isn't that likely to be fully mitigated until February.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Togeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Why'd I get declined?
Last edited by Togeria on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:40 pm

Aona wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:Hmm.

So
Yes?

Mostly. Trying to think what kind of character to make, since I don't feel like making Kell again.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:45 pm

Aona wrote:Whoo, back from Thanksgiving hosting. That's fun.

Fvaarniimar wrote:How fast-paced is this going to be? I find the concept very interesting, but am a bit low on free time.

Essentially every color. If, say, somebody took blue, you could still take cyan.

Name: Joan Withers

Declined.

Possibly, let me get back to you :)

Accepted~

Mind TGing me when you get your choice :)

If there is anything wrong or the Example is not good enough i would like to say i can change some things and can get a better example. :)

Follow the Zatakian Government On twitter!!!: https://twitter.com/ZatakGovernment

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:06 pm

ZATAK wrote:If there is anything wrong or the Example is not good enough i would like to say i can change some things and can get a better example. :)

Appreciated, will ask if I need anything :) And sure!

Togeria wrote:Why'd I get declined?

I just wasn't feeling your character, my apologies.

Fvaarniimar wrote:Thanks! Seriously, though, I really do need to know about pacing. I can post on a new RP once every few days, occasionally more or less frequently, at this point. This isn't that likely to be fully mitigated until February.

That should work! It's not a particularly chaotic RP, a bit more chilled in its atmosphere, so you should be good :)

Lunas Legion wrote:
Aona wrote:So
Yes?

Mostly. Trying to think what kind of character to make, since I don't feel like making Kell again.

yeee

Togeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:09 pm

Aona wrote:
ZATAK wrote:If there is anything wrong or the Example is not good enough i would like to say i can change some things and can get a better example. :)

Appreciated, will ask if I need anything :) And sure!

Togeria wrote:Why'd I get declined?

I just wasn't feeling your character, my apologies.

Fvaarniimar wrote:Thanks! Seriously, though, I really do need to know about pacing. I can post on a new RP once every few days, occasionally more or less frequently, at this point. This isn't that likely to be fully mitigated until February.

That should work! It's not a particularly chaotic RP, a bit more chilled in its atmosphere, so you should be good :)

Lunas Legion wrote:

yeee

Oh, it's cool. Anything I can do to make her better? I really wanna join this RP.

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:12 pm

I'm having a bit of writer's block... I'm trying to hit the right balance in my char's backstory, I don't want it to be boring, but I also don't want it to be wangsty and unrealstic either.
Last edited by Utceforp on Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Well, you could apply with a different character, but I can't say I'm a nice enough person to guarantee you'll be accepted. Your app had a few grammatical errors, and the character wasn't very interesting. Kind of felt like that Mary-Sue type, you know?

You seem to have really cool ideas though, I'd love to see what you can come up with! :)

Utceforp wrote:I'm having a bit of writer's block... I'm trying to hit the right balance in my char's backstory, I don't want it to be boring, but I also don't want it to be wangsty either.

TG me if you have any questions or need help with anything, Utse

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:19 pm

So is my comedic plot point accepted?

Togeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:20 pm

Aona wrote:Well, you could apply with a different character, but I can't say I'm a nice enough person to guarantee you'll be accepted. Your app had a few grammatical errors, and the character wasn't very interesting. Kind of felt like that Mary-Sue type, you know?

You seem to have really cool ideas though, I'd love to see what you can come up with! :)

Utceforp wrote:I'm having a bit of writer's block... I'm trying to hit the right balance in my char's backstory, I don't want it to be boring, but I also don't want it to be wangsty either.

TG me if you have any questions or need help with anything, Utse

We're you talking to me?

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:29 pm

Name: Ashley 'Ash' Karten
Appearance: Ashley
Personality: Ashley is a quiet, withdrawn person; she dislikes confrontation, and will do anything possible to avoid it, which means she is easily bullied into things and is often prodded to stand up for herself more by her friends, although with little effect, and she is also very sensitive to any changes in fashion and society due to her desire to simply blend in and be ignored. However, if pushed too far, she will snap and God help whoever is on the receiving end...
Current Life Situation: Mildly terrible. Her parents are going through an extremely drawn out divorce process, her school life is being generally terrible and she's run out of places that sell green Powerade, which is her favourite drink.
Color: Green.
Limit Break: Twister- Creates a storm centered on Ashley; how powerful/large the storm is depends on how angry she is at the time.
RP Example: TBF, although you know me so...
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:33 pm

Hnnnnnnggggghhh

I love the idea, therefore tag.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse