NATION

PASSWORD

Kidnapping Interest OOC

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Kreise
Secretary

Founded: Nov 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Kidnapping Interest OOC

Postby Kreise » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:12 pm

I am thinking about doing a kidnapping RP. In it a young lady from Kreise will disappear while travelling abroad. The RP would be a character RP, and involve the international effort to save her. So diplomats, law enforcement, criminal syndicates, private detectives etc.

Metcalfer2
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Metcalfer2 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:58 am

Sounds interesting.
IC: do not use the 2 in our name
Reading my old posts (especially from when I first started) is a cringe inducing horror fest.
Man do I feel icky now for larping as an Imperialistic Alt-Russia
We are a PMT/Nightmare Tech Germanic Russia. With an abundance of genetic abominations crawling the countryside, speeding Ekranoplan‘s carrying Radiological Weapons, and a whole lot of CIF3 that we are itching to use

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:37 am

Yeah, I might join.

Hopefully the IC thread will give us some more info, like who she is, why she was kidnapped, how much she's being held for, etc.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Theistic Satanism
Envoy

Founded: Nov 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Theistic Satanism » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:38 am

I could be perpetrator, only if it is a good RP.
Satanists do not worship the Islamic/Christian/Jewish Satan. We worship the Satanist Satan, Who is not Evil and is Most-Benevolent, like the gods of Abrahammic religions.
I RP as the Satanic Dominion of Nequam. IC nation does not represent RL views.
Read this, important. My name is Andrew or sumthin' but I prefer to be called the Praeco Satan. I only act nice on these forums, I am normally harsh. Like, harsher than ultimate sharia law.
Satanist. I am quite Liberal but I don't support democrats or republican.Pro: Drug legalization (especially cocaine), freedom, benevolent autocracy, isolationism, Theistic Satanism, Lucifer, Death Metal, Horror Games, celibacy, tighter immigration, patriotism, Arachnida, LGBT Rights.
Anti soon.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:41 am

Tag

Kreise
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreise » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:15 pm

Elejamie wrote:Yeah, I might join.

Hopefully the IC thread will give us some more info, like who she is, why she was kidnapped, how much she's being held for, etc.

Yeah, I am planning on it. The victim is Aloisia Albertina von Fuchsberg daughter of the Princely Count of Fuchsberg, age 23. As far as the motive for the kidnapping, I suppose that depends on who the kidnapper is, and the other RPers involved and is open ended at this point.

Smolenski
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Smolenski » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:19 pm

Hey, we hate royalist bourgeoisie, and we have a crack team of spetznaz just sitting around beating up dissidents, so we could totally kidnap her.
New Hayesalia wrote:OOC: "Mr President, a basic hostage taking is underway in a country we have no relations with at all! What do we do?"
"Simple, Jenkins. We bomb the fuck out of them."

Welskerland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 06, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Welskerland » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:29 pm

I could kidnap her. Welskerland's current king is single and has no living relatives, so he asks her to marry him. She refuses, so the king sends in some soldiers to abduct her.
Embassy Program

This nation does reflect my IRL views unless something is more interesting to differ from what I believe otherwise. For example, Welskerland is a constitutional monarchy, while I prefer a republic IRL.

Smolenski
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Smolenski » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:25 pm

Welskerland wrote:I could kidnap her. Welskerland's current king is single and has no living relatives, so he asks her to marry him. She refuses, so the king sends in some soldiers to abduct her.

Maybe they hire ex-Smolenskian Spetznaz to do the job for them? As part of their cover, of course.
New Hayesalia wrote:OOC: "Mr President, a basic hostage taking is underway in a country we have no relations with at all! What do we do?"

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:07 am

Kreise wrote:
Elejamie wrote:Yeah, I might join.

Yeah, I am planning on it. The victim is Aloisia Albertina von Fuchsberg daughter of the Princely Count of Fuchsberg, age 23. As far as the motive for the kidnapping, I suppose that depends on who the kidnapper is, and the other RPers involved and is open ended at this point.

Cool, looking forward to it. Hopefully the OP will be detailed enough to draw people in.

Sorry if it looks like I'm telling you what to do, by the way.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

Hastiaka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Hastiaka » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:08 am

taggity tag.

Krajstali
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krajstali » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:27 am

Tag

Maybe a healthy helping of Eastern European Tracksuit and Kalashnikov donning criminals would do :lol:
forgive me god it's time to go back to the old me

Kreise
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreise » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:14 am

Elejamie wrote:Cool, looking forward to it. Hopefully the OP will be detailed enough to draw people in.

Thanks for the help. Is that what everyone is waiting for? me to post? I was hoping on deciding some key points before the OP (such as which nation she will be visiting when kidnapped), and I was expecting people to be more detailed in what role they were interested in playing.

Welskerland wrote:I could kidnap her. Welskerland's current king is single and has no living relatives, so he asks her to marry him. She refuses, so the king sends in some soldiers to abduct her.

An interesting idea, a rough wooing. However, it sounds like it would quickly turn into a outright war, and I don't want a straight up war thread.

Smolenski wrote:Hey, we hate royalist bourgeoisie, and we have a crack team of spetznaz just sitting around beating up dissidents, so we could totally kidnap her.

She is not a bourgeoisie, she is an aristocrat. Spetznaz involvement would be great though.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:45 am

Kreise wrote:
Elejamie wrote:Cool, looking forward to it. Hopefully the OP will be detailed enough to draw people in.

Thanks for the help. Is that what everyone is waiting for? me to post? I was hoping on deciding some key points before the OP (such as which nation she will be visiting when kidnapped), and I was expecting people to be more detailed in what role they were interested in playing.

You're welcome.

And I think it is, although I don't feel there's any rush because, as you've said, we're still trying to think of how it'll go down. If it helps, I've already got my plan sorted out - My leaders will find out about the kidnapping and get in touch with the Princely Count of Fuchsberg, saying they'll send a hostage negotiator (and maybe a diplomat if you feel it's necessary) - so all that's left is for everyone to come up with their game plan. Once we're all agreed on everything, then I think it might be time to start.

However, that's just a suggestion; as it's your thread, you can do it differently if you want to, Kreise.
Last edited by Elejamie on Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Welskerland
Diplomat

Postby Welskerland » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Kreise wrote:

An interesting idea, a rough wooing. However, it sounds like it would quickly turn into a outright war, and I don't want a straight up war thread.

Do you have any ideas on how the king can kidnap her without sparking a war?

I was thinking about making it diplomatic instead of war focused
Embassy Program

This nation does reflect my IRL views unless something is more interesting to differ from what I believe otherwise. For example, Welskerland is a constitutional monarchy, while I prefer a republic IRL.

Smolenski
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Smolenski » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:58 pm

Welskerland wrote:
Kreise wrote:

Like I said, the King secretly hires ex-Smolenskian Spetznaz to kidnap her, and they take her to a black site in another country (maybe Krajstali or Elejamie) that agrees to host them leaving little evidence that Welskerland was involved. After a while of moving around the country, they bundle her into Welskerland.
Last edited by Smolenski on Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:32 pm

Smolenski wrote:
Welskerland wrote:An interesting idea, a rough wooing. However, it sounds like it would quickly turn into a outright war, and I don't want a straight up war thread.

Like I said, the King secretly hires ex-Smolenskian Spetznaz to kidnap her, and they take her to a black site in another country (maybe Krajstali or Elejamie) that agrees to host them leaving little evidence that Welskerland was involved. After a while of moving around the country, they bundle her into Welskerland.

Yeah, actually my government probably wouldn't allow such a thing. In fact, chances are that it would lead to a massive shootout between the EDPC (Elejamian Defence and Protection Corps) and the ex-Spetsnaz guy/s, which would inevitably make things worse.

But, if we all decide that my nation will hold Aloisia and her captors in the IC RP, I will suggest this as an alternative: Valledorado is a tract (region) in Elejamie which has plenty of ghost towns, including Estorello (which has been abandoned since the late '70s). Around 2 miles (3.22km) away is Aeródromo de Matajuero, an airport that closed down in 1985.

Kolintha
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kolintha » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Ooh la la. This seems interesting. I'm going to keep an eye on this and try to contribute.
家国 Chisei-koku | The State of Chisei
Wiki | Member and Consul of Ordis (Come join us!) | Commonly known as Kol

Nirzatsiya - 06/26/2017
we just love hugging Kols
also hanging them during revolutions

Esc - 06/24/2017
Shady bastard Kol
Plotting, hands on his keyboard
Nowhere's truly safe.

Aki-sama | Yamatai (Toishima) - 06/26/2017
The forces of freedom shall banzai you to free market capitalism

Ming | Haradesh - 07/05/2017
Who needs standard of living when you have quantity of living

Welskerland
Diplomat

Postby Welskerland » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:20 pm

Elejamie wrote:
Smolenski wrote:

Yeah, actually my government probably wouldn't allow such a thing. In fact, chances are that it would lead to a massive shootout between the EDPC (Elejamian Defence and Protection Corps) and the ex-Spetsnaz guy/s, which would inevitably make things worse.

But, if we all decide that my nation will hold Aloisia and her captors in the IC RP, I will suggest this as an alternative: Valledorado is a tract (region) in Elejamie which has plenty of ghost towns, including Estorello (which has been abandoned since the late '70s). Around 2 miles (3.22km) away is Aeródromo de Matajuero, an airport that closed down in 1985.

Could Welskerlan make a deal from it, like the king pays you for Aloisia either before or after the kidnapping?
Embassy Program

Smolenski
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Smolenski » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Welskerland wrote:
Could Welskerlan make a deal from it, like the king pays you for Aloisia either before or after the kidnapping?

Half up front, half after completion 8)

And hazard pay, of course.

Elejamie wrote:

Of course your government would never allow it. Officially, that is. Off the books, yeah, anything plausibly deniable is possible.

Your nation doesn't have to be the one, I was just suggesting that the ex-Spetznaz go to another country to try and throw investigators off the trail. Also, maybe it is some sort of rebel or paramilitary organization operating in Elejamie that is allowing us to stay there.

The thing with the ghost towns sounds cool. Although a metropolitan area might help to camouflage the presence of the kidnappers.

Maybe the operation can have some Welskerlandians involved for the hell of it? I know it takes away from having the Smolenskians do it, but it'll probably be boring for you to just sit around the whole time denying involvement and waiting for the extraction team.
Last edited by Smolenski on Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kreise
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreise » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:35 pm

Good ideas. I think that Welskerland's King can hire the ex-Smolenskian Spetznaz to capture her. They hold her, until the King can figure out a plan to both marry her and avoid war. I was thinking that they could meet at some place that is located in neither Kreise nor Welskerland, perhaps something like Monte Carlo. Any volunteers? The kidnappers can then travel to as many different places they want, seeking to avoid discovery.

Welskerland
Diplomat

Postby Welskerland » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:35 am

Alright then, the King hires the Smolenskians to kidnap Aloisia. He promises to pay them. He pays half immediately so they go and get her, and will pay the other half once he gets to have her.
Embassy Program

Kreise
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreise » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:53 pm

Okay, the long awaited IC thread is up: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=320493

Cleventon
Envoy

Founded: Oct 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cleventon » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:12 pm

we will aid in her safe return.
Pro:Large Government, Capitalism, Corporations.

Zapatista National Liberation Army
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatista National Liberation Army » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:20 pm

Can my group be behind the kidnapping?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates